PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom finds new job

Tambo
27-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Former*Hibernian*manager*Paul Heckingbottom*has been appointed as the new head coach of Sheffield United's under-23 side, the English club has announced.

The 43-year-old has been out of work since being sacked by the*Easter Road*club in November last year following a terrible start to the season.

GloryGlory
27-07-2020, 06:23 PM
I assume that's him finally off the payroll.

27-07-2020, 06:24 PM
About his level.

Andy74
27-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Good luck to him. Decent guy, did his best.

Northernhibee
27-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Genuinely nice guy, had a lot of time for him, he had a lot of time for us and I wish him well.

calumhibee1
27-07-2020, 06:39 PM
Good luck to him. Half decent job to have got into.

HendoDelivered
27-07-2020, 06:40 PM
About his level.

Bitter.

27-07-2020, 06:41 PM
Bitter.

Yeah I had to watch his dreadful team for 6 months of my life

HoboHarry
27-07-2020, 06:46 PM
About his level.

Except that he won promotion and a trophy with Barnsley. Don't let facts get in the way of your bitterness though.....

Since452
27-07-2020, 06:49 PM
Good luck to him

easty
27-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Is this gonna be one of those threads where anyone who doesn’t wish a manager, who did a ***** job here, all the best then you’re out of order and/or bitter?

Cos he’s a nice guy...like Fenlon.

I’m glad he’s gone and don’t care how well he does elsewhere, good or bad.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 06:58 PM
Yeah I had to watch his dreadful team for 6 months of my life

:agree: Nothing against him personally but the last few months of his tenure were up there as some of the worst I've endured in my time watching Hibs and I fully believe we would be where Hearts are now if he hadn't been sacked when he was.

27-07-2020, 07:00 PM
Except that he won promotion and a trophy with Barnsley. Don't let facts get in the way of your bitterness though.....

I’m not sure what’s bitter about wanting a better manager for hibs than someone who’s entire managerial career can be summarised as “pretty much Daniel Stendel”. I’m glad he is no longer employed by hibs and I have as much affection for him as I do Colin calderwood.

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2020, 07:01 PM
Is this gonna be one of those threads where anyone who doesn’t wish a manager, who did a ***** job here, all the best then you’re out of order and/or bitter?

Fenlon actually did a great job compared to Hecky, Calderwood and Butcher.

TelaStella
27-07-2020, 07:01 PM
A good level for him where I think he should no doubt do well. It’s no secret that he is considered a very good coach and held in the highest regard by those in the game both players and at board level. Where he lacks is in managing a team to go and produce the expected results week in and out as we experienced. No such pressure will be on him at a job like this giving him more of the freedom to mould and help young and upcoming players. Good luck to him and his squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Can't see him getting another gig as a manager. Maybe that's what he would prefer as well, remember from interviews he seemed to fall into management and said he never really thought he would do it.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2020, 07:07 PM
He'll probably do well there.

Very good coach by all accounts. Nice guy. Bar a short honeymoon period his team was atrocious to watch.

BegbieHSC
27-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Good luck to him. Genuine nice guy. Just not the right fit for us.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2020, 07:18 PM
After the highlights of the previous 3 or 4 seasons, we had to put up with his football, a type no manager of Hibs should subject us to.

Always loved his after match comments, where he'd tell us how badly it had gone, and what we failed to do to stop it, it was as if none of us could see it with our own eyes?:rolleyes:

HoboHarry
27-07-2020, 07:20 PM
I’m not sure what’s bitter about wanting a better manager for hibs than someone who’s entire managerial career can be summarised as “pretty much Daniel Stendel”. I’m glad he is no longer employed by hibs and I have as much affection for him as I do Colin calderwood.
I'm glad he's gone too as it clearly wasn't working for him at Hibs but I was replying to your comment about him finding his level. That's a meaningless statement given that he was a success in his time at Barnsley.

jacomo
27-07-2020, 07:44 PM

Nah, just an opportunity to resist old arguments and just wish a guy well. It’s not so hard.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-07-2020, 08:28 PM
He's not the first manager or player to come this side of the border and not been able to cut it and he won't be the last. Wish him well.

The 90+2
27-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Off the payroll and at a good level of coaching. Still a **** manager who refused to learn lessons.

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Were we actually paying him till now? absolutely no chance IMO.

Brightside
27-07-2020, 08:37 PM
About his level.

Classy

Brightside
27-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Were we actually paying him till now? absolutely no chance IMO.

No

J-C
27-07-2020, 08:51 PM
He's a decent coach at that level, remember he was the Barnsley Dev squad coach before being the caretaker head coach. Some guys are just suited to working at different levels, he's obviously a good youth coach.

Forza Fred
27-07-2020, 10:03 PM
Wish him well on a personal basis, he did his best but it just wasn't good enough.

Back home in Yorkshire he'll be quite comfortable I imagine...he clearly DID have a problem coming to terms with Scottish football though, and not for one minute do I think he deserved anything other than his jotters from Hibs.

Pagan Hibernia
27-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Unattractive football (and make no mistake, his team were not easy on the eye) can, to an extent be overlooked if the results are half decent.

but his team’s inexplicable reluctance to ever go for the jugular when in a winning position was unforgivable. So many points pissed away through our fingers. His position became untenable.

It just wasn’t the right job for him. I wish him well.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2020, 10:47 PM
Off the payroll and at a good level of coaching. Still a **** manager who refused to learn lessons.

He’s wasn’t still on our payroll.

The 90+2
27-07-2020, 11:02 PM
He’s wasn’t still on our payroll.

Apologies then. Rest stands. Good he’s got a job back in English football