PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | PAY PER VIEW

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
27-07-2020, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10687)

Brightside
27-07-2020, 04:03 PM
They are trolling now. :greengrin Not even a mention of away games.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 04:04 PM

I got my hopes up when I saw the headline.

I'm aware it's not down to Hibs though.

MartinfaePorty
27-07-2020, 04:05 PM
As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure what I think of this. Is this to try and encourage waverers to buy a season ticket now or as some sort of 'reward' to those who bought seasons? It personally wouldn't have bothered me if they'd allowed people to pay as low as a tenner for it, but others may think differently.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Away games will be down to individual teams. Livi away second game will be available for £20. Here’s their statement which includes much more info than ours. https://bit.ly/LFCPPVA

hibbysam
27-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Was always going to happen, and will be priced accordingly. Away clubs will follow ive no doubt. Was all part of the deal with Sky. Can’t show their games apart from to STH, but can show all other games.

04Sauzee
27-07-2020, 04:11 PM
As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure what I think of this. Is this to try and encourage waverers to buy a season ticket now or as some sort of 'reward' to those who bought seasons? It personally wouldn't have bothered me if they'd allowed people to pay as low as a tenner for it, but others may think differently.

Think whatever hibs and clubs do they will get stick

Some households will have bought note than 1 season ticket and I get the argument they didn't have to

A household could buy a PPV game for a tenner which could be great value for 3/4/5 or more to watch

I'm sure Hibs will do what they feel is right

Power
27-07-2020, 04:12 PM

I’m confident with 11/12 clubs signed up to the same streaming partner that Access passes for league matches (not shown on Sky) will be sold and can be bought for individual games at the host club site.

Heisenberg
27-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Livi charging £20 per game.

04Sauzee
27-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Away games will be down to individual teams. Livi away second game will be available for £20. Here’s their statement which includes much more info than ours. https://bit.ly/LFCPPVA

Thanks so reading the Livi statement does that mean that there will be no limit to how many away PPV tickets can be sold?

davhibby
Thanks so reading the Livi statement does that mean that there will be no limit to how many away PPV tickets can be sold?

Doesn’t seem like there is

B.H.F.C
I’m confident with 11/12 clubs signed up to the same streaming partner that Access passes for league matches (not shown on Sky) will be sold and can be bought for individual games at the host club site.

Livi say that in their statement.

The 90+2
27-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Very good news for a lot of people. Well done Hibs.

Green Badger
27-07-2020, 04:17 PM
St Mirren charging £12.50 / game https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3726-football-is-back

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 04:17 PM

Non-season ticket holders paying £10 per game?

If so then no chance that should be the case. Whilst I've every sympathy for someone who genuinely can't afford a season ticket right now, what would be the incentive for people to buy a season ticket when they are paying anywhere up to over double that amount per game?

I'm glad there's going to be a PPV option for home games and hopefully there will be something sorted for away games too but the cost per game should mirror the price of a walk up ticket as if the game had been open to fans.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Livi statement seems to say that we should be able to get the Hibs TV audio with the streams for away games too which is good

CentreLine
27-07-2020, 04:23 PM
I suspect that most clubs will offer viewing for “their own fans” to watch home games but they will not care too much about checking that the purchasers are actually fans of the club. In other words, I imagine we will have access to all Hibs games, it’s just that we will buy access from the home club fir our away matches. This could turn in to a very decent money spinner for all SPFL Premiership clubs.
Championship clubs will obviously benefit from the “maroon pound” when they eventually get playing 😉

BlackSheep
27-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Look, if hibs can offer per view games to home fans, then what stops away fans signing up for HibsTV and lying to watch their team?

And that would in turn suggest the same process could be taken for we jobs fans to watch away ties.

Only 1 team in our division is not using Stream Digital so it seems that this could be the way forward for the foreseeable.

hibbysam
27-07-2020, 04:24 PM
St Mirren charging £12.50 / game https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3726-football-is-back

Make a guess that they haven’t sold many season tickets therefore aren’t as worried about pissing them off, than our club would be at 11k STH. Hibs will be £20 in line with Livingston’s.

JimBHibees
27-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Livi charging £20 per game.

When you log in to Livi do you then have to wait in an enormous queue for 50 mins before you get in to make it just like the real thing. :greengrin

BlackSheep
27-07-2020, 04:26 PM
St Mirren have all but confirmed that arrangements are being made for away games.

“ Will pay-per-view be available for away matches?

Pay-per-view will be available for some away matches as other clubs confirm their intention to offer this service. Some clubs have yet to make a decision as to whether they will offer pay-per-view”

bob12345
27-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Given the extra investment in presenters, build up coverage, etc it would have been good if there could have been a plain feed option with no thrills on PPV. Giving season ticket holders extra value but still allowing people to watch the game in some form.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Non-season ticket holders paying £10 per game?

If so then no chance that should be the case. Whilst I've every sympathy for someone who genuinely can't afford a season ticket right now, what would be the incentive for people to buy a season ticket when they are paying anywhere up to over double that amount per game?

I'm glad there's going to be a PPV option for home games and hopefully there will be something sorted for away games too but the cost per game should mirror the price of a walk up ticket as if the game had been open to fans.

There is something in place for away games, you just won’t buy it via Hibs though.

Rick Rude
27-07-2020, 04:29 PM
Might just be me but £20 ppv is just going to have people watching dodgy streams. More reasonable price and people will be more inclined to pay and avoid the hassle.

Onceinawhile
27-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Might just be me but £20 ppv is just going to have people watching dodgy streams. More reasonable price and people will be more inclined to pay and avoid the hassle.

Yup, but at a lower price and you seriously devalue a season ticket.

Club is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

JohnM1875
27-07-2020, 04:32 PM

Don't think it can be any cheaper. It will have to roughly reflect the cost per game that a season ticket does.

Otherwise season ticket holders would feel short changed.

Tambo
27-07-2020, 04:35 PM
Have said on previous threads, would be happy to pay full ticket price for a good stream.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 04:40 PM

I would pay £20 to watch a proper stream of the game. There will be at least three of us watching each game so splitting that three ways (less than £7 per game) isn't bad at all.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 04:41 PM
Not the fairest on killie fans that we’re not offering ppv on Saturday

greenlad
27-07-2020, 04:42 PM
It is unfortunate for Kilmarnock fans that they would not appear to have any options to see the game on Saturday...as Hibs have elected not to start this week.

Get the impression we'll be OK for legal options for all away matches then. Either through PPV through the home team or Sky where relevant.

For those who don't have Sky Sports, Now TV day pass at £9.99 is essentially your PPV for those games (Dundee Utd and St Johnstone for starters).

SingaporeHibs
27-07-2020, 04:54 PM
It is unfortunate for Kilmarnock fans that they would not appear to have any options to see the game on Saturday...as Hibs have elected not to start this week.

Get the impression we'll be OK for legal options for all away matches then. Either through PPV through the home team or Sky where relevant.

For those who don't have Sky Sports, Now TV day pass at £9.99 is essentially your PPV for those games (Dundee Utd and St Johnstone for starters).

Don’t forget Killie ST will get to watch the game via the reciprocal agreement between the clubs. Only Non ST of either club won’t have the option this time.

greenlad
27-07-2020, 04:58 PM
Don’t forget Killie ST will get to watch the game via the reciprocal agreement between the clubs. Only Non ST of either club won’t have the option this time.

There's no such reciprocal agreement, other than for non-Uk and Ireland subscribers, unless I've missed it somewhere?

HH81
27-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Imagine paying 20quid for a stream and it doesn't work.

I will give it a go though.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2020, 05:00 PM

Killie season ticket holders won’t have access to watch. Virtual season ticket covers home games only.

Keith_M
27-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Yup, but at a lower price and you seriously devalue a season ticket.

Club is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Don't think it can be any cheaper. It will have to roughly reflect the cost per game that a season ticket does.

Otherwise season ticket holders would feel short changed.

I'm a Season Ticket holder and I honestly wouldn't mind if Hibs sold PPV tickets at £10 or £15.

These are strange times we're living in and I, in common with thousands of other Hibbies, bought Season Tickets to support my club through difficult times... in the full knowledge that I wouldn't be getting the full value of what I'd paid for.

I realise some people will whinge about it, but they would probably find something else to whinge about anyway, so best ignored (IMO).

JohnM1875
27-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Dundee Utd doing it for £12.50 a pop as well.

Tambo
27-07-2020, 05:09 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53560168

Full list of the prices so far.

Tambo
27-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Imagine paying 20quid for a stream and it doesn't work.

I will give it a go though.

Yep same here, would you ask for a refund if it didnt work?

nonshinyfinish
27-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Look, if hibs can offer per view games to home fans, then what stops away fans signing up for HibsTV and lying to watch their team?

And that would in turn suggest the same process could be taken for we jobs fans to watch away ties.

Only 1 team in our division is not using Stream Digital so it seems that this could be the way forward for the foreseeable.

If fans are really allowed in unsegregated as you suggest then the big local derby with Livi could be absolute carnage.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 05:15 PM

No they don’t. All we’re actually doing is costing ourselves money from their fans that want to watch it and will now find another way to watch the game but Hibs won’t be getting any money from them. Seems quite stupid to me

Wheat Hound
27-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Poor from Hibs that Killie fans wont be able to watch their team on Saturday. We've made a mistake here.

Gatecrasher
27-07-2020, 05:31 PM
I'm comfortable enough with that decision from Hibs. The marketing has been built on having hibs TV access as part of the ST until we can return.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Poor from Hibs that Killie fans wont be able to watch their team on Saturday. We've made a mistake here.

From the way it's been worded, it seems like Hibs' PPV offering will be less than the cost of a season ticket (in line with the others who have said they'll charge around £12 per game). If that's the case then by not offering PPV until October, they'll be expecting/hoping that fans may be allowed into games around then and therefore not devaluing the cost of a season ticket too much if they don't need to offer the PPV option for many matches.

It sucks for Kilmarnock fans but that's my take on it.

we are hibs
27-07-2020, 05:35 PM
I would rather the club put all their efforts and resources into making sure the stream works for the 10'500 season ticket holders who have forked out a significant sum of money than trying to also accommodate a few hundred kilmarnock fans.

jgl07
27-07-2020, 05:38 PM
How much are Hearts changing?

B.H.F.C
27-07-2020, 05:38 PM
No PPV for the Killie game, IMO, is Hibs not wanting to increase the risk of things going wrong for the first run.

Knowing we’ll be able to get streams for away games not on Sky is positive though.

lord bunberry
27-07-2020, 05:39 PM
Seems a bit silly not to have the game on ppv this week. I can get it on the iptv, but I’d have paid for the game if I could have. I’m still hoping to get a season ticket or maybe a half season ticket, but it isn’t dependent on being able to watch the games on hibs tv.

Future17
27-07-2020, 05:44 PM
How much are Hearts changing?

£8,000,000

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 05:46 PM
I get the feeling there's a decent chance of the streaming option this Saturday not working well and being temperamental for some. With that in mind I think this is a decision by Hibs to make sure that they can't be blamed of opening the door to too many to make as much money as possible whilst not providing a good service.

Think of the uproar on here when the stream goes down, "it's all these Kili fans and part time Hibs fans ruining the stream for us ST holders" etc...

Good decision by Hibs and I'm all for them retaining the value of the ST as well.

Centre Hawf
27-07-2020, 05:46 PM
Personally think its a poor decision to not offer PPV from the get go and just get every club going on PPV especially for away fans, if they want to make it 20 quid a game then do it imo.

surreyhibbie
27-07-2020, 05:51 PM
I would be happy to pay £20 to watch a game.

Ozyhibby
27-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Let’s just make sure the stream works for the season ticket holders before attempting to overload it.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
27-07-2020, 05:54 PM
I get the feeling there's a decent chance of the streaming option this Saturday not working well and being temperamental for some. With that in mind I think this is a decision by Hibs to make sure that they can't be blamed of opening the door to too many to make as much money as possible whilst not providing a good service.

Think of the uproar on here when the stream goes down, "it's all these Kili fans and part time Hibs fans ruining the stream for us ST holders" etc...

Good decision by Hibs and I'm all for them retaining the value of the ST as well.

I hope this is the reason, and if it is then fair enough it makes a lot of sense actually. But I don't really agree with them needing to retain the value of the ST. Would rather the club just took in as much money as it could while letting as many Hibs fans (and away fans) the chance to watch their team.

Lee Marvin
27-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Who gets the money for away games - home team or away team?

Billy Whizz
27-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Let’s just make sure the stream works for the season ticket holders before attempting to overload it.[emoji106]

I’m presuming this is the reason

Hibs90
27-07-2020, 06:03 PM

You'd have thought there would be a test stream for this?

To be honest as a ST holder I think it's a really poor decision, and actually it's a shame for Kilmarnock fans they won't get to see their team get skelped this weekend and it's also a shame that our walk-up fans who can't afford a ST will miss out. You can protect the value of a ST by charging regular walk up prices, some will be happy to pay others won't bother but at least gives those fans the option and extra revenue for the club. The club should have run a test stream for ST holders only and if that went to plan they could have opened up PPV for the weekends game. Can't help but get the feeling Hibs are slightly under-prepared here.

04Sauzee
27-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Hibs getting pelters from Killie fans and fans of other clubs for not allowing Killie fans access to the game on Saturday

04Sauzee
27-07-2020, 06:11 PM
From pie & Bovril twitter

PPV Latest By Club

Motherwell £12.00
Dundee Utd £12.50
Kilmarnock £12.50
St.Mirren £12.50
St.Johnstone £17.50
Livingston £20.00
Hibernian £Game by Game

Aberdeen £TBA
Ross County £TBA

Hamilton No update yet
Celtic No update yet
Rangers No update yet

Edit Accies look like being £15

Heisenberg
27-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Hibs getting pelters from Killie fans and fans of other clubs for not allowing Killie fans access to the game on Saturday

I understand their frustration, we’d be the same if the roles were reversed.

Just_Jimmy
27-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Livi charging £20 per game.I'd pay Hibs £20 direct to watch Hibs games steamed into my livingroom in Manchester.

I can't buy a season so I can't get up to Edinburgh often enough to justify it but I would by a virtual season such as NFL game pass. Even when it goes back to normal. I'd bin sky sports to give Hibs the money to just see Hibs in that manner.

I should add I'm not bothered about radio Comms. I want high quality Hibs streams. All clubs should be able to sell their own fans their own games.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

green day
27-07-2020, 06:19 PM

Who cares what they think?

Its obvious from what we are doing and Aberdeens statement that there are doubts about this service workign properly from the off.

Frankly, as a ST holder, I want it to work for me first, then non ST Hibs fans.

Away fans are a distant third in my list of who I give a ***** about, especially as loads of them will be on IPTV watching Hibs tv for £0.00 anyway.

I dont think that the PPV will make many clubs much cash (outside Rangers/Celtic and matches involving them).

Radium
27-07-2020, 06:22 PM
£8,000,000

400,000 fans paying £20 each, genius

Tambo
27-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Wont be till October for hibs anyway says the bbc so hopefully fans will be able to attend games by then.

The Modfather
27-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Maybe I’m just tight fisted, but £20 is overpriced for Scottish football when we are able to attend IMO. £20 for a steam, Livi should be wearing a mask!

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2020, 06:37 PM
I understand their frustration, we’d be the same if the roles were reversed.

Yes I feel for them too.

green day
27-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Maybe I’m just tight fisted, but £20 is overpriced for Scottish football when we are able to attend IMO. £20 for a steam, Livi should be wearing a mask!

Far too much. Fully understand clubs protecting ST value.......which is why the likes of us and Rangers / Celtic will struggle with pricing.

I don't think there is really a fair solution anywhere on pricing PPV.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Never mind the Killie fans. Shame for the Hibs fans that might not see it as a result!

The Modfather
27-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Far too much. Fully understand clubs protecting ST value.......which is why the likes of us and Rangers / Celtic will struggle with pricing.

I don't think there is really a fair solution anywhere on pricing PPV.

Livingston even show the price of each season ticket category in price per game format on their website. Their most expensive season ticket is £325, which is £17.11 per game. I get that clubs are desperate for every penny in these times but it looks to me like they they’ve decided to milk Scottish football fans for as much as they can.

green day
27-07-2020, 06:49 PM

Its obvious from what we are doing and Aberdeens statement that there are doubts about this service workign properly from the off.

Away fans are a distant third in my list of who I give a ***** about, especially as loads of them will be on IPTV watching Hibs tv for £0.00 anyway.

I dont think that the PPV will make many clubs much cash (outside Rangers/Celtic and matches involving them).

In fact scrap this bit, as Celtic and Rangers are basically on Sky every away match, PPV wont make much from their fans either !!!

McD
27-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Livingston even show the price of each season ticket category in price per game format on their website. Their most expensive season ticket is £325, which is £17.11 per game. I get that clubs are desperate for every penny in these times but it looks to me like they they’ve decided to milk Scottish football fans for as much as they can.

livi looking to sook as much money as they can, who would’ve thunk it :greengrin

Dmas
27-07-2020, 06:52 PM

The value of a season ticket needs to be upheld in some way surely? If there’s people willing to stump up for season tickets in these times then they need the same value they’d get buying at any other time, there reward this year is a saving of £3 per stream

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2020, 06:52 PM

st.mirren have got it right at £12.50 ,very fair imo

P.S. and motherwell,killie and dundee utd...as for the rest...gits

G15 Hibs
27-07-2020, 06:57 PM
The club should have run a test stream for ST holders only and if that went to plan they could have opened up PPV for the weekends game. Can't help but get the feeling Hibs are slightly under-prepared here.

It's beginning to seem that way isn't it? No log-in details sent to season ticket holders yet, no test event, less than 5 days until kick off.

The Modfather
27-07-2020, 06:58 PM
The value of a season ticket needs to be upheld in some way surely? If there’s people willing to stump up for season tickets in these times then they need the same value they’d get buying at any other time, there reward this year is a saving of £3 per stream

That would mean Hibs would need to charge more than £23 per game ppv to give value to our most expensive season ticket.

Dmas
27-07-2020, 07:05 PM
That would mean Hibs would need to charge more than £23 per game ppv to give value to our most expensive season ticket.

Yeah?

Should the 10k people stumping up for a ST now have to pay more than a walk up? Has to be a benefit to these people handing over that amount of cash with no ideas when or if they’ll see a game this year.

How do hibs win in all this? There getting crucified for not making all games PPV and they’ll get crucified if they charge £23 a stream, I think now it’s selected games you’ll maybe see a ppv price of £12-16 and the benefit of buying a ST is access to every home game

jeffers
27-07-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm with Keith on this, I bought my season ticket to support the club during these terrible times. If they choose to charge a tenner for PPV I have no issues at all with that. Livingston are having a laugh IMO, no way is watching a stream worth £20 and I certainly wouldn't pay it.

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 07:13 PM
That would mean Hibs would need to charge more than £23 per game ppv to give value to our most expensive season ticket.That's just picking and choosing something that suits the argument though isn't it? [emoji23]

Take the average season ticket price which the majority have bought and it will be nearer £20 a pop.

It's also not the end of the world if season tickets don't get you any "better price" than PPV as you get added benefits from season tickets including being first back in the door at Easter road if and when possible.

Point is if you go really cheap for PPV, say £12 a game, then the added value for being "first back in the door" for ST holders starts to look less worth it, considering we might only make it back for 10 games if we're lucky probably.

I think the club are going about this fine and managing to please most people, I bet after the first 5 games we end up making all following games PPV £15 or so then everyone's happy.

green day
27-07-2020, 07:19 PM
I'm with Keith on this, I bought my season ticket to support the club during these terrible times. If they choose to charge a tenner for PPV I have no issues at all with that. Livingston are having a laugh IMO, no way is watching a stream worth £20 and I certainly wouldn't pay it.

You will be watching Livi Hibs on IPTV, same as me !!

The Modfather
27-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Yeah?

Should the 10k people stumping up for a ST now have to pay more than a walk up? Has to be a benefit to these people handing over that amount of cash with no ideas when or if they’ll see a game this year.

How do hibs win in all this? There getting crucified for not making all games PPV and they’ll get crucified if they charge £23 a stream, I think now it’s selected games you’ll maybe see a ppv price of £12-16 and the benefit of buying a ST is access to every home game

£23 is the break even price, Hibs would need to charge £25/£26 to give season ticket holders value for their season ticket. There’s no easy solution. I’m lucky enough to be in a position to have helped Hibs with a season ticket but I think Hibs need to price it fairly and hope that season ticket holders accept that a season ticket this season is a show of support rather than looking for value.

matty_f
27-07-2020, 07:23 PM
I'm a Season Ticket holder and I honestly wouldn't mind if Hibs sold PPV tickets at £10 or £15.

These are strange times we're living in and I, in common with thousands of other Hibbies, bought Season Tickets to support my club through difficult times... in the full knowledge that I wouldn't be getting the full value of what I'd paid for.

I realise some people will whinge about it, but they would probably find something else to whinge about anyway, so best ignored (IMO).
I agree mate.

Juniper Greens
27-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Season tickets are still available for those wanting to see the game at the weekend

Hibs90
27-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Season tickets are still available for those wanting to see the game at the weekend

Not everyone can afford season tickets

Ozyhibby
27-07-2020, 07:38 PM
I’m backing the club on this. They spent all summer telling fans the only way to see every Hibs home game was to buy a season ticket and they have delivered on that promise.
Those season tickets sales were crucial in allowing the club to make the 3 signings we did and allowing the club to survive.

Hibs90
27-07-2020, 07:39 PM
It's beginning to seem that way isn't it? No log-in details sent to season ticket holders yet, no test event, less than 5 days until kick off.

To be honest it's actually baffling there hasn't been a test event. Especially with 10.5k season ticket holders which is by far and large the 3rd biggest amount in the Prem. Rangers had a test stream. Celtic had a test stream (albeit they aren't using StreamDigital).

Andy74
27-07-2020, 07:41 PM
I’m backing the club on this. They spent all summer telling fans the only way to see every Hibs home game was to buy a season ticket and they have delivered on that promise.
Those season tickets sales were crucial in allowing the club to make the 3 signings we did and allowing the club to survive.

Yep, that’s fair but if we can also make a bit of additional cash once the TV games are out the way that would make sense too.

smithy_hibees
27-07-2020, 08:07 PM
The Club first of all is looking having the ones who can support the club in this pandemic, nothing wrong with that is there? Sure we can all arrange on that??

Hibs also covering there backs incase this goes wrong which it’s hibs we ain’t the best at Technology we can’t even sell derby tickets well enough..

If all goes to plan on Saturday am sure the club will revisit the whole
Away fans watching plus non season ticket fans but am sure we are on Sky most of August so buy that for a month 9.99

GGTTH

danhibees1875
27-07-2020, 08:07 PM
I guess if you're a family of Hibs fans or go to your mates for the afternoon etc then £20 for a group of people to watch the game isn't too bad. It's not always going to be £20 for one person.

There are certainly other benefits to being a ST, announced and presumably some others to come, which outway the imbalance of a group/family being able to watch the game for only £20 should they choose to do so.

Juniper Greens
27-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Not everyone can afford season tickets

I understand that, but I would also guess that in normal circumstances, those who can't afford a season ticket could afford to see every home game as a walk up?

Perhaps looking out for number one here, but Hibs have promised me that having a season ticket is the only way to see every game. Therefore by freezing out PPV for this game, they have delivered on that. It might mean that they can justify £20 fee for future games, rather than having to charge something more like £25 to £30 to "give value" to the season ticket

500miles
27-07-2020, 09:19 PM
Normally its £20 for 1 person to see a Hibs game. When it's streamed, it'll be £20 for a household.

I don't think its crazy money if we want to be competing to sign a decent calibre of player.

hibeejeebies
27-07-2020, 09:44 PM
£8,000,000

😂

greenlad
27-07-2020, 09:51 PM
Normally its £20 for 1 person to see a Hibs game. When it's streamed, it'll be £20 for a household.

I don't think its crazy money if we want to be competing to sign a decent calibre of player.

That's it. This PPV isn't profiteering so much as replacing (but only partially) "normal" matchday income for many of the Premiership clubs. The clubs will still be running at huge defecits against the normal position. Player and other operating costs still have to be paid.

Although we'd all rather be at the games in person, we are actually saving money against the normal away days. Rather than buy 2 tickets (one adult & one concession at £25 & £15 each) and pay £10 per person for travel, it's a maximum cost of £20 split between us. So a £40 per game saving right away (for my family anyway)

1875STEVE
27-07-2020, 09:52 PM
I don't think Hibs have taken this far enough.

IMO there's a massive market there, to bring in much needed revenue and we seem to be not wanting to exploit it.

First game of the season, first in months, and only season ticket holders can see it??

Our average crowd was what? 16,500 last season, we have sold?? 10,500-11k?

We have just cut off 6k of our own support?? plus more who are dying to see the game?

Then there's away fans?? who've not seen their team in months?? who can't see it?

Surely you have away fans, who normally go, spend money on transport/food/drink etc, who's be willing to pay to sit and watch in their own house?

We defo protect the value of the ST, which someone said to me works out at £16 a game, if that's true then surely charge £18-£20 for PPV for one game, if it's not, then whatever it works out t, charge a couple of quid more.

Sell as many as possible, access to only that game, the buildup and aftermath??

Same going forward with all our home games, sell it PPV, to anyone willing to pay.

I think we are missing out on a money spinner here, seems a strange decision

I say all this as a season ticket holder btw.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 09:55 PM

They’ve also spent the last 4 months taking plenty of unjust bad press only to then walk straight into a massive pr error as that’s gone away. We’re the only team outside of the old firm that’s done this

Andy74
27-07-2020, 09:59 PM

IMO there's a massive market there, to bring in much needed revenue and we seem to be not wanting to exploit it.

First game of the season, first in months, and only season ticket holders can see it??

We have just cut off 6k of our own support?? plus more who are dying to see the game?

Then there's away fans?? who've not seen their team in months?? who can't see it?

Surely you have away fans, who normally go, spend money on transport/food/drink etc, who's be willing to pay to sit and watch in their own house?

We defo protect the value of the ST, which someone said to me works out at £16 a game, if that's true then surely charge £18-£20 for PPV for one game, if it's not, then whatever it works out t, charge a couple of quid more.

Same going forward with all our home games, sell it PPV, to anyone willing to pay.

You have to remember that we are not normally allowed to show home games live in the UK. We also have a new deal with Sky.

Apparently even allowing season ticket holders to view live took a lot of negotiating with Sky. The deal seemed to be that we can allow a maximum of our usual ST sales to view the game live.

If they have come to an arrangement on even more then great but we aren’t going to be able just to sell £17k fans access to view every game.

1875STEVE
27-07-2020, 10:02 PM
You have to remember that we are not normally allowed to show home games live in the UK. We also have a new deal with Sky.

Apparently even allowing season ticket holders to view live took a lot of negotiating with Sky. The deal seemed to be that we can allow a maximum of our usual ST sales to view the game live.

If they have come to an arrangement on even more then great but we aren’t going to be able just to sell £17k fans access to view every game.

Im not clued up on the whole tv deal.

Can sky dictate games they have no intention of showing???

If they don't want the game, how can the possibly have a say? Is it to do with highlights??? i.e being the first to show the goals?

lord bunberry
27-07-2020, 10:08 PM

I agree, we could probably sell around 5000 streams or more for this game, that’s £50000 coming in if it’s £10 each or double if we go with Livingston prices.

lord bunberry
27-07-2020, 10:09 PM

Is that definitely the case? Livingston are selling streams for their games and they got hardly any season ticket holders.

1875STEVE
27-07-2020, 10:12 PM
I agree, we could probably sell around 5000 streams or more for this game, that’s £50000 coming in if it’s £10 each or double if we go with Livingston prices.

Potential is there, but as I say above, i'm not sure of the tv deal situation.

Id open it up ppv to everyone and bring in as much as possible.

davhibby
27-07-2020, 10:14 PM
Im not clued up on the whole tv deal.

Can sky dictate games they have no intention of showing???

If they don't want the game, how can the possibly have a say? Is it to do with highlights??? i.e being the first to show the goals?

Sky won’t care about the games they don’t pick

houstonhibbee
27-07-2020, 10:19 PM

can season ticket holding pub owners not show the games in their bars if they're open?

B.H.F.C
27-07-2020, 10:23 PM

Not sure it’s that simple as there would be a cost for us for the additional streams as well, it’s not just £50k in your pocket I wouldn’t imagine. Also, I don’t think we’d sell that number of streams either. With people watching games together, I wonder how many of the 10,500 season ticket holders will actually be logging in. Same would go for ‘walk up’ and away supporters.

That said, I think we could/should have been doing something but, IMO, they’re simply trying to keep the risk of anything going wrong as low as possible.

Vault Boy
27-07-2020, 10:23 PM
I wonder what level of permanency domestic PPV/season pass streaming options will have going forward.

There's lots of things to reconsider in a post-Covid world i.e. Working from home, public transport, face coverings and I'm intrigued by whether access to football online will be on there too. I'm not sure clubs would be investing in major improvements to their online services without looking beyond the 6 month mark.

I can see an NFL Pass type system starting to come into consideration in a far more serious way. I suppose it comes down to how it can be squared with the traditional broadcasting companies, but you can't just run from future.

Andy74
27-07-2020, 10:30 PM

For pay per view I think that’ll be right.

For the season ticket access they had to limit because they do of course want people to watch on Sky for the games they are showing.

Ozyhibby
27-07-2020, 10:32 PM

Yes they will. The have exclusive rights to the competition. They won’t have given that away for nothing.
Personally I think SKY are making a mistake here. They are allowing the clubs to build up value able market research and streaming experience in putting out their own content. It may hurt them when it comes to negotiating the next deal.

erin go bragh
27-07-2020, 10:39 PM

That has to be the reason this game is for season holders only .
Shan for the regular walk ups that can’t for whatever reason but a ST .

04Sauzee
27-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Yes they will. The have exclusive rights to the competition. They won’t have given that away for nothing.
Personally I think SKY are making a mistake here. They are allowing the clubs to build up value able market research and streaming experience in putting out their own content. It may hurt them when it comes to negotiating the next deal.

Been thinking the same but you would also think the bigwigs at Sky would know what they are doing

Maybe Roger Mitchell wasn't so daft 👀

davhibby
27-07-2020, 10:48 PM
For pay per view I think that’ll be right.

For the season ticket access they had to limit because they do of course want people to watch on Sky for the games they are showing.

Ah yeah I agree with you on that

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 11:06 PM
I wonder what level of permanency domestic PPV/season pass streaming options will have going forward.

There's lots of things to reconsider in a post-Covid world i.e. Working from home, public transport, face coverings and I'm intrigued by whether access to football online will be on there too. I'm not sure clubs would be investing in major improvements to their online services without looking beyond the 6 month mark.

I can see an NFL Pass type system starting to come into consideration in a far more serious way. I suppose it comes down to how it can be squared with the traditional broadcasting companies, but you can't just run from future.Totally agree, was thinking the same.

I think a lot of everyday things will need to catch up to modern day technological standards following this, with football probably being one of them too.

Juniper Greens
28-07-2020, 02:04 AM

The logic is fine, but the price isn't. My season ticket (£440) works out at over £23 a game. For the reasons you have suggested, £25 for instance wouldn't seem like too much to ask, also protecting the season ticket, but others have said that would be unpalatable and suggest a price between £10-15. I think Hibs are cutting their losses here, freezing out PPV for one game to show that season tickets for a decent deal, then they will make it no more than £20 for the other games. Also less of a risk as if it crashes, having charged people money for just that game, the refund rates will be high

HH81
28-07-2020, 04:10 AM
Yep same here, would you ask for a refund if it didnt work?

No but it would get two chances and I'd go back to the radio:-)

rossevenil
28-07-2020, 07:10 AM
The logic is fine, but the price isn't. My season ticket (£440) works out at over £23 a game. For the reasons you have suggested, £25 for instance wouldn't seem like too much to ask, also protecting the season ticket, but others have said that would be unpalatable and suggest a price between £10-15. I think Hibs are cutting their losses here, freezing out PPV for one game to show that season tickets for a decent deal, then they will make it no more than £20 for the other games. Also less of a risk as if it crashes, having charged people money for just that game, the refund rates will be high

Yeah i don`t know where the £16 came from earlier in the thread and personally as someone who would like to have seen us make more money from the PPV I think you have to protect those who have outlayed the money on season tickets,you can`t go charging less than the average price of season tickets,after all these people have helped contribute roughly £4m at a time the club really needed the money....Loyalty should be rewarded.

Would it be possible to show it as live with a 10-15 min delay even and then consider it being appropriate to charge at a lower rate? At least that way the Season Ticket holder gets the exclusive "Live Action",after all if you are watching it as live you would have any other media switched off so as not to spoil your viewing entertainment?

Just a thought

Scorrie
28-07-2020, 07:17 AM

I think that’s a really good point. I’m pretty sure that the Dutch league tv rights are owned by the clubs and they make sure that all teams are shown on tv and can be streamed to paying fans. Certainly used to anyway and I think that was the model SPL TV were looking at

Brightside
28-07-2020, 07:28 AM
Are we not just holding back due to worries that the company will struggle to stream it to many more than the ST numbers? They appear to be having many issues at Celtic and Motherwell etc. If ST holders get a bad experience there will be a lot more noise than PAYG customers.

Keith_M
28-07-2020, 07:33 AM
Is PPV match streaming the new Loyalty Points?

I love a good DotNet argument in the morning

:greengrin

lucky
28-07-2020, 08:20 AM
By not having PPV available fans will just use illegal streams so by the time Hibs start selling them fans will have already found a way for watching the games for free. Whilst no one will admit doing that on here it’s certainly going to happen.

GreenCastle
28-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Are we not just holding back due to worries that the company will struggle to stream it to many more than the ST numbers? They appear to be having many issues at Celtic and Motherwell etc. If ST holders get a bad experience there will be a lot more noise than PAYG customers.

There should be no excuses from Hibs if Saturday doesn’t run smoothly.

Hope they are prepared as going to annoy a lot of fans if they can’t watch Hibs play on Saturday for first time in months.

lucky
28-07-2020, 08:59 AM
Fans didn’t buy STs to watch games on tv, they bought them to watch games live in the stadium in their seat. Many on here claimed they did it to support the club and were not fussed how things panned out. Hibs are missing on revenue by not being prepared for Saturday. Around 6000 home fans and probably 3000 Kellie fans, even at a £10 a head that’s a lot of money. RGs background is TV so I’m sure how a club the size of Livingston are ready for this weekend but Hibs aren’t

green day
28-07-2020, 09:03 AM
By not having PPV available fans will just use illegal streams so by the time Hibs start selling them fans will have already found a way for watching the games for free. Whilst no one will admit doing that on here it’s certainly going to happen.

Why wouldnt people admit to it?

I will use my ST to watch home games and watch away via IPTV.

My guess is this will be replicated (either via IPTV, illegal streams, youtube or multi use of ST access) across the country by fans of all clubs

I would be staggered if the take up of PPV was as high as you suggest in your later post.

we are hibs
28-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Fans didn’t buy STs to watch games on tv, they bought them to watch games live in the stadium in their seat. Many on here claimed they did it to support the club and were not fussed how things panned out. Hibs are missing on revenue by not being prepared for Saturday. Around 6000 home fans and probably 3000 Kellie fans, even at a £10 a head that’s a lot of money. RGs background is TV so I’m sure how a club the size of Livingston are ready for this weekend but Hibs aren’t

Theres absolutely no chance they would get 9000 fans who are "walk ups" for this.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:09 AM

Not a chance we’d have anything close to 9,000 folk buying a stream for this. A lot of people will be watching with others And only need to purchase a single stream. Of the 10,500 season ticket holders it’ll be interesting to see how many folk log in. For example, I’ll be watching with two or three others who have an access but we’ll only need to use one. You’ll then have people who aren’t using their access sharing it with people who don’t have one. And chuck in IPTV as well.

I do agree with the general point that we should be in a position to offer it but I’m not sure it’s as lucrative as others think. I’m thinking that the main reason they aren’t offering it is to minimise the risk of anything going wrong but cost could be a consideration as well maybe.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Be lucky if there’s 900 never mind 9000 logging in. People will get the game ‘free’ on illegal streams/IPTV, and regardless of the moral side of things, most would take this option.

I bought my ST as it’s what I do, wasn’t sure how many games I’ll get in the stadium, but also based on the fact I’d get to see all games online. If hibs undersold PPV for every game then I would’ve just left the ST and paid each week, and saved a fortune (considering I can’t make every Saturday anyway once football starts back up again).

Numptie
28-07-2020, 10:05 AM
I'm assuming they don't want to introduce PPV on Saturday as if the stream is cra*p then all the season ticket holders would be angry. Not having all games on PPV also makes the season ticket the best option to see all games.

Centre Hawf
28-07-2020, 12:14 PM
Be lucky if there’s 900 never mind 9000 logging in. People will get the game ‘free’ on illegal streams/IPTV, and regardless of the moral side of things, most would take this option.

I bought my ST as it’s what I do, wasn’t sure how many games I’ll get in the stadium, but also based on the fact I’d get to see all games online. If hibs undersold PPV for every game then I would’ve just left the ST and paid each week, and saved a fortune (considering I can’t make every Saturday anyway once football starts back up again).

No chance.

You'll probably clear a thousand on away fans alone. There will be thousands more Hibs fans out there that will happily pay 20/25 quid to sit and watch the game in their house, okay some may invite a group of pals round etc but there will be plenty who will sit and do it themselves in their house.

For me there should be absolutely no reason not to offer this to both home and away fans, it's money on the table regardless of how many people do choose to take up the PPV option.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 12:19 PM
No chance.

You'll probably clear a thousand on away fans alone. There will be thousands more Hibs fans out there that will happily pay 20/25 quid to sit and watch the game in their house, okay some may invite a group of pals round etc but there will be plenty who will sit and do it themselves in their house.

For me there should be absolutely no reason not to offer this to both home and away fans, it's money on the table regardless of how many people do choose to take up the PPV option.

I really don’t think there will be thousands of folk out there who’d be buying streams for this. Not with streams available that you don’t need to buy. Not when a season ticket holder friend could give you an access they’re not using. Not when people will/would be grouping together.

Not saying we shouldn’t be doing it but no danger would we be sell thousands of streams IMO.

Centre Hawf
28-07-2020, 12:27 PM
I really don’t think there will be thousands of folk out there who’s be buying streams for this. Not with streams available that you don’t need to buy. Not when a season ticket holder friend could give you an access they’re not using. Not when people will/would be grouping together.

Not saying we shouldn’t be doing it but no danger would we be sell thousands of streams IMO.

I don't think it would be astronomical numbers that equate to filling out our stadium or match our average attendance but I'd like to think you will get a couple thousand extra on the back end of it when you combine the Hibs fans and the Away fans. As I said before it's money on the table in what is a dire time for football clubs and their fans, we should be looking to allow as many fans to watch the game while the club can make as much extra cash as possible during this situation.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 12:29 PM
No chance.

It’ll be far closer to 900 than 9000. Like I said, illegal streams/IPTV which are all ‘free’ will take the majority of potential viewers, coupled with more than one user in households, there’s absolutely no chance it would be a big hit, take off whatever Sky is taking and the cost of bandwidth with the company, I’m not sure it would be an earner. Livingston are taking absolute pelters for £20, our £25 would be getting hammered and no chance loads would be taking up that offer.

superfurryhibby
28-07-2020, 12:33 PM
It’ll be far closer to 900 than 9000. Like I said, illegal streams/IPTV which are all ‘free’ will take the majority of potential viewers, coupled with more than one user in households, there’s absolutely no chance it would be a big hit, take off whatever Sky is taking and the cost of bandwidth with the company, I’m not sure it would be an earner. Livingston are taking absolute pelters for £20, our £25 would be getting hammered and no chance loads would be taking up that offer.

I think you are underestimating the number of fans who wouldn’t know where to begin accessing streams and also not taking into account the number who would prefer Hibs to take a tenner from them. I’m a bit disappointed there is no no pay per view option, particularly in light of the Sky coverage of the next 2-3 fixtures. Hibs missing a turn methinks.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 12:56 PM
I think you are underestimating the number of fans who wouldn’t know where to begin accessing streams and also not taking into account the number who would prefer Hibs to take a tenner from them. I’m a bit disappointed there is no no pay per view option, particularly in light of the Sky coverage of the next 2-3 fixtures. Hibs missing a turn methinks.

A tenner? There’s the reason right there that hibs aren’t doing it every game. Every game = £10 means about £120 (£190 less the sky games) when STH have forked our £400 for the same deal 😂 it would be £25 so that it was more than a ST cost per game. Hence why LD doesn’t want to do that so will select a few games and make it cheaper.

matty_f
28-07-2020, 01:21 PM
I’m a season ticket holders and honestly couldn’t care less what Jobs charged for PPV on the games.

I’d rather see the club offer it up, make some money, and not importantly give non-season ticket holders the means to see the game.

I don’t think we should be deliberately locking fans out of the game when they want to watch it.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 01:30 PM
I’m a season ticket holders and honestly couldn’t care less what Jobs charged for PPV on the games.

I’d rather see the club offer it up, make some money, and not importantly give non-season ticket holders the means to see the game.

I don’t think we should be deliberately locking fans out of the game when they want to watch it.

They should be offering it IMO, but at a price that doesn’t devalue the season ticket.

My feeling is that they are trying to keep the risk of it not working as low as possible. However, if it was as good a revenue opportunity as folk believe I’m sure they’d be doing it. I’m sure they’ll have done the costings around it and that’ll have played a part in the decision. IMO, there would be other benefits to keeping supporters engaged, even if there wasn’t massive profit in it.

Anthony Soprano
28-07-2020, 01:34 PM

This is where I'm at, Killie only have about 80 fans anyway.

I do think they should have at least attempted a test of this though, perhaps in one of the friendlies, but would be difficult to generate the same numbers as a league game of course.

Still not received any further info regarding Log in details either for Hibs tv

malcolm
28-07-2020, 01:41 PM

There is perhaps more chance of unintentional lock out in the first game with this all being untried and untested. So limiting the numbers to ST holders the first game is not unreasonable and has other benefits in showing commitment to them. I’d suspect that the last thing they want is for it to go pear shaped so if they could have done a dry run by now I’m sure they would have. They indicated they were going to so there will be reason other than bloody mindedness for it not to have happened.

1 8 7 5
28-07-2020, 01:50 PM

:top marks

Ellahappyhibee
28-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Lack of test event info, lack of details of How to Access? all adds up to lack of clear communication from Hibs - sorry not good enough. Season Ticket holders were to get access to videos from HTC through week - to date nothing, yet to tell us how to log on or activate our access to Hibs TV.
How can a club fail to engage with its fans after promising to do so. Any other business bar football would be losing customers if this was how they ran communications.
I would support PPV - if at a fair price that did not disadvantage Season Ticket holders. I would support it for this game for Hibs and Killie PPV.

The Spaceman
28-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Lack of test event info, lack of details of How to Access? all adds up to lack of clear communication from Hibs - sorry not good enough. Season Ticket holders were to get access to videos from HTC through week - to date nothing, yet to tell us how to log on or activate our access to Hibs TV.
How can a club fail to engage with its fans after promising to do so. Any other business bar football would be losing customers if this was how they ran communications.
I would support PPV - if at a fair price that did not disadvantage Season Ticket holders. I would support it for this game for Hibs and Killie PPV.

Its a global pandemic. Its football. Relax.

It will simply be a case of logging onto your account as per existing instructions issued by Hibs. They will just confirm that.

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 02:14 PM

Is the match on in 10 minutes or even tonight?

How long does it take for you to read an email?

Hibs have said that there will be no PPV before October.

Ellahappyhibee
28-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Is the match on in 10 minutes or even tonight?

How long does it take for you to read an email?

Hibs have said that there will be no PPV before October.

It the total package - Hibs raised expectations, they didn't need to, I just agree with earlier posts that its worrying that we have heard nothing about the test event or any other access that was to be 'through the week..leading up to game'.

My confidence is low after the problems with the ticket scanner machine last season

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 02:58 PM
They should be offering it IMO, but at a price that doesn’t devalue the season ticket.

My feeling is that they are trying to keep the risk of it not working as low as possible. However, if it was as good a revenue opportunity as folk believe I’m sure they’d be doing it. I’m sure they’ll have done the costings around it and that’ll have played a part in the decision. IMO, there would be other benefits to keeping supporters engaged, even if there wasn’t massive profit in it.

100% agree with the bit in bold.

I think as season ticket holders, we bought it in the knowledge that we wouldn't get the full use of it but I don't think anyone expected non-season ticket holders to have the opportunity to watch the closed doors games for around half the price of an adult season ticket holder.

Some people obviously don't appear to have a problem with that and that's their prerogative however I don't think it's right to be expecting people who have shelled out several hundred pounds when the club needed it most to be paying up to double the amount that those who aren't season ticket holders are paying.

I absolutely agree that there should be a PPV option but the cost of it shouldn't have a detrimental effect on the value of a season ticket.

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 03:02 PM
100% agree with the bit in bold.

I think as season ticket holders, we bought it in the knowledge that we wouldn't get the full use of it but I don't think anyone expected non-season ticket holders to have the opportunity to watch the closed doors games for around half the price of an adult season ticket holder.

Some people obviously don't appear to have a problem with that and that's their prerogative however I don't think it's right to be expecting people who have shelled out several hundred pounds when the club needed it most to be paying up to double the amount that those who aren't season ticket holders are paying.

I absolutely agree that there should be a PPV option but the cost of it shouldn't have a detrimental effect on the value of a season ticket.

Watching the games for free on Hibs tv for the majority is a bonus though, I don’t think many bought season tickets to watch the games on Hibs tv. Even if it is cheaper for the ppv guys to watch it you will still get use of your season ticket at some point mate and the clubs making money.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Watching the games for free on Hibs tv for the majority is a bonus though, I don’t think many bought season tickets to watch the games on Hibs tv. Even if it is cheaper for the ppv guys to watch it you will still get use of your season ticket at some point mate and the clubs making money.

I know Hibs are advertising it as being free but it's not really free since you had to pay several hundred pounds for a season ticket in the first place to gain access to it. It's being provided at no extra cost.

Of course a few months ago buying a season ticket didn't necessarily have as much value for money as it does now, since there was no prospect of watching games either in person or on TV (unless broadcast by Sky) but we're still getting to a situation where there's a real possibility that a large part of this season (perhaps even all of it) is going to be viewed from the sofa and if the PPV option is indeed £10-12 per game then keeping it simple in terms of the maths, if there's 10 games shown this way then non-season ticket holders will end up being around £100 better off than an adult season ticket holder, by the end of the season.

I just don't think that would be right.

Antifa Hibs
28-07-2020, 04:28 PM

They are offering it? After Saturday non-Sky games will be up for PPV i'm led to believe?

The platform is untested. Test it on Saturday with season ticket holders, monitor servers, bandwidth, downtime (hopefully none), uptime (hopefully 100%) see how Hibs' IT and their partners cope with things. Then after that they can scale things up and offer PPV should resources allow it. Celtic will have more money to throw at their TV channel online than the rest of the league put together and had massive issues with a daft friendly against Ross County - would be daft for Hibs to open this upto everyone at this stage.

As per others there is absolutely NO CHANCE Hibs would get 6000-9000 ppv customers from Killie and Hibs. That number is laughable. First game of the season people will be going round to each others gaffs, few tinnies, wee bet etc - make a day off it especially with FA cup on later. There is no chance Killie fans on a nice Saturday afternoon are all going to sit on their tod and each individually pay £23 to Hibs too - they'll club in and watch together.

SingaporeHibs
28-07-2020, 04:35 PM
There's no such reciprocal agreement, other than for non-Uk and Ireland subscribers, unless I've missed it somewhere?

No, you are correct. My apologies for my misunderstanding on this point.

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Emails now out.

“Can I test this out in advance?”
We’ll be running sign-in testing sessions from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday so, if you can, it’s important that you give it a go so that we can identify and tackle any issues.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 04:45 PM
They are offering it? After Saturday non-Sky games will be up for PPV i'm led to believe?

The platform is untested. Test it on Saturday with season ticket holders, monitor servers, bandwidth, downtime (hopefully none), uptime (hopefully 100%) see how Hibs' IT and their partners cope with things. Then after that they can scale things up and offer PPV should resources allow it. Celtic will have more money to throw at their TV channel online than the rest of the league put together and had massive issues with a daft friendly against Ross County - would be daft for Hibs to open this upto everyone at this stage.

As per others there is absolutely NO CHANCE Hibs would get 6000-9000 ppv customers from Killie and Hibs. That number is laughable. First game of the season people will be going round to each others gaffs, few tinnies, wee bet etc - make a day off it especially with FA cup on later. There is no chance Killie fans on a nice Saturday afternoon are all going to sit on their tod and each individually pay £23 to Hibs too - they'll club in and watch together.

They are offering it. Just not for the game, IMO, that most would actually want it for.

I’m one of the others on this thread that has argued we wouldn’t be attracting thousands. So, for the more modest number we would have attracted, I think we could have had it in place.

matty_f
28-07-2020, 04:59 PM
They are offering it. Just not for the game, IMO, that most would actually want it for.

I’m one of the others on this thread that has argued we wouldn’t be attracting thousands. So, for the more modest number we would have attracted, I think we could have had it in place.

I think if the shoe was on the other foot, and we were away to Killie, we'd be gutted if we couldn't see the game due to a choice made by Killie.

Knowing Hibs, there will be a reason behind the decision so I would give them the benefit of the doubt, it is harsh for those that could have been able to pay to watch it though.

Carheenlea
28-07-2020, 05:04 PM

I do think they should have at least attempted a test of this though, perhaps in one of the friendlies, but would be difficult to generate the same numbers as a league game of course.

Still not received any further info regarding Log in details either for Hibs tv

Kilmarnock actually have one of the larger travelling supports in the league.

This is in contrast to their home crowds which are pretty poor, but on the road they always take a good following.

Iggy Pope
28-07-2020, 05:37 PM

***** they have. Welcome to the big team chat everyone.

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 05:38 PM
I know Hibs are advertising it as being free but it's not really free since you had to pay several hundred pounds for a season ticket in the first place to gain access to it. It's being provided at no extra cost.

Of course a few months ago buying a season ticket didn't necessarily have as much value for money as it does now, since there was no prospect of watching games either in person or on TV (unless broadcast by Sky) but we're still getting to a situation where there's a real possibility that a large part of this season (perhaps even all of it) is going to be viewed from the sofa and if the PPV option is indeed £10-12 per game then keeping it simple in terms of the maths, if there's 10 games shown this way then non-season ticket holders will end up being around £100 better off than an adult season ticket holder, by the end of the season.

I just don't think that would be right.

Most of what you say is true mate and I don’t necessarily argue with the points you make but I renewed without even thinking about getting the matches on HTV for free to be honest, the games are a bonus and I’m not bothered about the walk ups getting it for less than the value of a season ticket for that reason.

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Kilmarnock actually have one of the larger travelling supports in the league.

This is in contrast to their home crowds which are pretty poor, but on the road they always take a good following.

I think on a Saturday afternoon you would also have fans of other clubs paying to watch the games of it was available too if they had the chance. There’s loads of lower leagues clubs like hearts that will be desperate to see some Saturday afternoon football.

green day
28-07-2020, 05:41 PM
I think on a Saturday afternoon you would also have fans of other clubs paying to watch the games of it was available too if they had the chance. There’s loads of lower leagues clubs like hearts that will be desperate to see some Saturday afternoon football.

:thumbsup: The Maroon Poond

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 05:45 PM
:thumbsup: The Maroon Poond

😂😂😂😂 yassss.

H18 SFR
28-07-2020, 05:48 PM
Am I right in saying that if you have a Season Ticket and a Sky Sports subscription then you will only need to PPV Livingston away in the month of August?

BoomtownHibees
28-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Am I right in saying that if you have a Season Ticket and a Sky Sports subscription then you will only need to PPV Livingston away in the month of August?

Yes

Real Emerald
28-07-2020, 05:52 PM

I agree, I bought my ST as I always do which secures my good seat in the East and at this time provides funds for Hibs. If they sell 40,0000 PPV at £15 - £20 a pop it wouldn’t bother me at all. Any extra money Hibs get is a bonus and if some Hibs fans through no fault of their own can’t afford a ST and get a good PPV deal then great. It’s a temporary situation and I’ll still have my seat at the end of it. Win Win GGTTH

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Most of what you say is true mate and I don’t necessarily argue with the points you make but I renewed without even thinking about getting the matches on HTV for free to be honest, the games are a bonus and I’m not bothered about the walk ups getting it for less than the value of a season ticket for that reason.

Fair enough, you don't seem to be on your own in that regard.

I also renewed without thinking about getting the games online so from that perspective, it's a definite positive.

We'll just need to amicably disagree on the point about the cost of PPV.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 05:53 PM

That's correct.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Agreed, exactly where I am with this.

H18 SFR
28-07-2020, 05:55 PM
That's correct.

That’s worked out ok which is good.

Heisenberg
28-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Killie have been in contact to pass on their supporters disappointment over our decision for Saturday. Don’t see us changing our stance now, can’t blame them for being unhappy.

https://twitter.com/cathyjamieson/status/1288172716101636096?s=21

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Killie have been in contact to pass on their supporters disappointment over our decision for Saturday. Don’t see us changing our stance now, can’t blame them for being unhappy.

https://twitter.com/cathyjamieson/status/1288172716101636096?s=21

I can't really blame them to be honest, we would be the same if it was the other way about.

Robbo6-2
28-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Why are we not letting Killie fans PPV.

How ridiculous is that

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 06:51 PM

How ridiculous is thatHibs have said they wont start PPV until October.

Why not let them make sure it works for us first, before getting outraged for other teams' supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Emails now out.

“Can I test this out in advance?”
We’ll be running sign-in testing sessions from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday so, if you can, it’s important that you give it a go so that we can identify and tackle any issues.

Well link not working tonight, so will try tomorrow

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Well link not working tonight, so will try tomorrowErm...

BT58
28-07-2020, 06:54 PM

Wednesday/ Thursday. Not TONITE
:-)
B

CapitalGreen

Yeah, probably best to try tomorrow as that’s when the log-in test is due to take place.

ancient hibee
Well as this is neither Wednesday or Thursday that’s hardly surprising.Unless you’re making a little joke:greengrin:greengrin

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 07:00 PM

How ridiculous is that

We’re not letting Hibs walk ups either. They said this yesterday
Feel sorry for everyone who won’t be able to watch, and Hibs are turning down additional revenue too, but obviously have their reasons

Brightside
28-07-2020, 07:06 PM

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2020, 07:18 PM
As in link does not get recognised, I thought it would go to link and show Hibs TV, but not do anything. Guess that was a waste of entering link:cb

Did no-one else try to bookmark?

Ozyhibby
28-07-2020, 07:24 PM
I wonder if everyone thought Hibs were telling fibs all summer when they said the only way to see all home games was to buy a season ticket?

Malthibby
28-07-2020, 07:26 PM
As in link does not get recognised, I thought it would go to link and show Hibs TV, but not do anything. Guess that was a waste of entering link:cb

Did no-one else try to bookmark?

E-mail's a bit messy but essentially the link won't work until tomorrow's trial.....
GG

J-C
28-07-2020, 07:27 PM
We’re not letting Hibs walk ups either. They said this yesterday
Feel sorry for everyone who won’t be able to watch, and Hibs are turning down additional revenue too, but obviously have their reasons

Have they given a price for one off games yet, nearly every other club have said what they'll charge.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2020, 07:27 PM
E-mail's a bit messy but essentially the link won't work until tomorrow's trial.....
GG

Eyrie
28-07-2020, 07:40 PM

It's not Kilmarnock's fault that half the town disappears up the M77 every Saturday looking for a sectarian fix.

Hibs90
28-07-2020, 08:27 PM
I don't see why the club can't just come out and give a clear and concise explanation as to why the game on Saturday is not available for PPV for either walk up Hibees or away fans?

"To strike the right balance, we’ve taken the decision not to open Saturday’s game against Kilmarnock on a pay per view basis."

Nah, they could have easily kept the value of a ST by charging £20 for PPV so that doesn't wash. Come out and give a clear, concise explanation. I honestly don't get it, even more so now there are test events the next couple of nights :confused:

Can anyone from Hibs shed some light, and again, protecting the value of the ST isn't a valid excuse when you can easily charge a price which doesn't devalue it. And if they aren't confident of the stream going well, then bloody come out and say it.

I say this as a ST holder btw.

Centre Hawf
28-07-2020, 08:41 PM
I don't see why the club can't just come out and give a clear and concise explanation as to why the game on Saturday is not available for PPV for either walk up Hibees or away fans?

"To strike the right balance, we’ve taken the decision not to open Saturday’s game against Kilmarnock on a pay per view basis."

Nah, they could have easily kept the value of a ST by charging £20 for PPV so that doesn't wash. Come out and give a clear, concise explanation. I honestly don't get it, even more so now there are test events the next couple of nights :confused:

Can anyone from Hibs shed some light, and again, protecting the value of the ST isn't a valid excuse when you can easily charge a price which doesn't devalue it. And if they aren't confident of the stream going well, then bloody come out and say it.

If it's because they're afraid of it crashing under additional weight of PPV's and want to test it under the current Season Ticket numbers then that's fair enough but they should communicate that because right now it just looks a bit shambolic in my opinion.

Hibs90
28-07-2020, 08:45 PM
If it's because they're afraid of it crashing under additional weight of PPV's and want to test it under the current Season Ticket numbers then that's fair enough but they should communicate that because right now it just looks a bit shambolic in my opinion.

Yup, agree. Baffling tbh :confused:

Heisenberg
28-07-2020, 08:48 PM
In an email I got earlier it said this about Saturday -

“ The club have confirmed it will have PPV available for matches but with a number of the forthcoming matches on Sky Sports it will be October before we are able to do so as we focus on getting things right for our season ticket holders this coming Saturday.”

JimBHibees
28-07-2020, 08:51 PM

What else could it be?

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 08:59 PM

I say this as a ST holder btw.They've said who can watch it and who can't. They've also said that PPV will be available from October - details to be confirmed. Is that not enough for the time being?

Why do we have to know the detail behind every decision?

Radium
28-07-2020, 09:04 PM
In an email I got earlier it said this about Saturday -

“ The club have confirmed it will have PPV available for matches but with a number of the forthcoming matches on Sky Sports it will be October before we are able to do so as we focus on getting things right for our season ticket holders this coming Saturday.”

Given the criticism that was rightfully directed at the club for the turnstile debacles last season I wonder if this is not just a simple case of limiting the numbers streaming to make sure it works. It sucks but if the stream struggled on Saturday after selling PPV tickets that would draw criticism

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:05 PM
They've said who can watch it and who can't. They've also said that PPV will be available from October - details to be confirmed. Is that not enough for the time being?

I think folk understand what they’ve said. But they want to understand why they’re saying it. I don’t think that’s terribly unreasonable given we’ll be the only club potentially stopping folk from seeing a game this weekend.

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 09:15 PM
I think folk understand what they’ve said. But they want to understand why they’re saying it. I don’t think that’s terribly unreasonable given we’ll be the only club potentially stopping folk from seeing a game this weekend.And what if the reasons are unacceptable to some? If Hibs came out and said that they're not doing PPV until October because they want folk to buy STs there'd be meltdown.

Likewise if they said that it's simply because the systems aren't in place or that they don't know if it'll work they'd be criticised by those who expect everything to run perfectly first time.

There are currently 12 clubs in Scotland setting stuff up with 11 using the same provider. Maybe resources are stretched?

Some clubs already had PPV in place on their streaming service, maybe they're one step ahead?

It could be any number of reasons and I honestly don't see why it's important that we know everything.

I do believe however that if Hibs could have had it up and running to earn more dosh, they would have done it.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 09:16 PM
I think folk understand what they’ve said. But they want to understand why they’re saying it. I don’t think that’s terribly unreasonable given we’ll be the only club potentially stopping folk from seeing a game this weekend.

I think it says what we need to know. They are focusing on getting it right for STs. There’s already a lot of questions despite FAQs being sent and you can imagine the queries that will be coming in. They are prioritising getting ST viewers up and running. Adding another process we haven’t done before would be a risk.

It is one game and it is absolutely fair enough.

hibby6270
28-07-2020, 09:23 PM

I’d say the technical response reason would be boring or beyond a lot of us. I worked on the business side of an organisation that depended on having sufficient capacity to allow customers to login multiple times per day. Whilst never being able to actually carry out the technical fixing of issues, I was involved enough to hear the tech experts explain to us business luddites why logins were failing.

As I say, in layman’s terms, it all boils down to how many multiple logins can be coped with at one time. If a server(s) is overloaded in that short period it can’t release the thread capacity to allow a new login to succeed. There are of course other aspects of the internet that can let an individual user down but by and large, server overload will be the biggest threat.

It happens on .Net very occasionally and we all have a moan. The same could happen on Saturday to HibsTV if there’s a rush of last minute PPV sign ups. The club don’t want to pi$$ off the STHs by overloading the system first time it’s used in anger. Can’t think it will be any more of a sinister explanation than that.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 09:23 PM

As a fellow season ticket holder, I also agree.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:28 PM
And what if the reasons are unacceptable to some? If Hibs came out and said that they're not doing PPV until October because they want folk to buy STs there'd be meltdown.

Likewise if they said that it's simply because the systems aren't in place or that they don't know if it'll work they'd be criticised by those who expect everything to run perfectly first time.

There are currently 12 clubs in Scotland setting stuff up with 11 using the same provider. Maybe resources are stretched?

Some clubs already had PPV in place on their streaming service, maybe they're one step ahead?

It could be any number of reasons and I honestly don't see why it's important that we know everything.

I do believe however that if Hibs could have had it up and running to earn more dosh, they would have done it.

If they had given a proper explanation and folk didn’t agree with it there isn’t much you can do about that.

As for the rest, I’m sure everybody else faced the same challenges as us yet the option is there. Even as a season ticket holder, I think it’s disappointing that fans of every other team will have the opportunity to see their team, yet some of ours potentially won’t.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 09:37 PM
If they had given a proper explanation and folk didn’t agree with it there isn’t much you can do about that.

As for the rest, I’m sure everybody else faced the same challenges as us yet the option is there. Even as a season ticket holder, I think it’s disappointing that fans of every other team will have the opportunity to see their team, yet some of ours potentially won’t.

No club with the potential to have PPV this weekend has anywhere near 11k season ticket holders. With such a massive gap to the next potential game, the club are quite right to make sure this is done properly, looking after the lifeblood of the club in the meantime. The decision was only confirmed yesterday, 5 days before kick off, that PPV was allowed. Club are rightly taking a step back and making sure everything is done correctly.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:45 PM
No club with the potential to have PPV this weekend has anywhere near 11k season ticket holders. With such a massive gap to the next potential game, the club are quite right to make sure this is done properly, looking after the lifeblood of the club in the meantime. The decision was only confirmed yesterday, 5 days before kick off, that PPV was allowed. Club are rightly taking a step back and making sure everything is done correctly.

Surely the numbers are relative though? Whether you’ve got 3k, 5k or 11k season tickets you arrange the capacity to deal with that?

From a selfish point of view I think it might make things run a bit smoother for me at the weekend. But I still think it’s disappointing the option isn’t there at all. Even if it was capped for instance, as essentially happens in the stadium.

Stairway 2 7
28-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Its not new technology club's with 10 times the viewers we have have done it for decades. As a season ticket holder I'll be grand as will most non season holders who will go to pals. But many that can't afford a season ticket this year of all year's and are dying to see us will miss out.

It's truly tin pot especially when you think of the owners field and not like we've not had month's to plan and test. Gutted for the killie fans too and we are rightly taking a hammering from all Scottish fans on twitter, not to mention the most important thing the lost out cash

matty_f
28-07-2020, 09:51 PM
I think it says what we need to know. They are focusing on getting it right for STs. There’s already a lot of questions despite FAQs being sent and you can imagine the queries that will be coming in. They are prioritising getting ST viewers up and running. Adding another process we haven’t done before would be a risk.

It is one game and it is absolutely fair enough.

I'm sure we'll be grateful for the approach if it all goes super smooth on Saturday.

I do have sympathy for Killie fans, though - I know if we were away to them and it was the only game that PPV wasn't available (and wasn't on Sky) we'd all be pretty miffed about it.

itslegaltender
28-07-2020, 09:55 PM
if only we had an owner who had a background in broadcasting.

Hibs are turning away £100k plus this weekend. Crazy.

Power
28-07-2020, 09:56 PM

Fair question. Let me provide an update in full this week on here.

I’ve been presenting feedback to the club about looking after Supporters (includes PPV and more) strongly over the last two months. I’m disappointed that some supporters will miss out on Saturday but I appreciate and understand where the club has got to in making sure everything is right technically on Saturday before taking time to ensure the best structure and service specific to PPV is rolled out at the next opportunity.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Its not new technology club's with 10 times the viewers we have have done it for decades. As a season ticket holder I'll be grand as will most non season holders who will go to pals. But many that can't afford a season ticket this year of all year's and are dying to see us will miss out.

It's truly tin pot especially when you think of the owners field and not like we've not had month's to plan and test. Gutted for the killie fans too and we are rightly taking a hammering from all Scottish fans on twitter, not to mention the most important thing the lost out cash

Have they? Do you have examples of clubs with over 100k viewers watching via this company?

We haven’t had months to test. We got told yesterday that it can be opened up to PPV. Now that decision may have been made late last week given the whispers that were out over the weekend, but the club would have prepared for 11k viewers first game. Talk about an overreaction 😂 disappointing? Absolutely. Tin pot? I think not. I’m sure you’ll be thankful if ours runs smoothly while another club who are offering PPV goes tits up.

Also, do you know how much cash we’ve missed out on? Do you know what it would cost for extra server bandwidth to accommodate potentially more viewers?

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:57 PM
if only we had an owner who had a background in broadcasting.

Hibs are turning away £100k plus this weekend. Crazy.

No chance they’re turning away that type of money.

green day
28-07-2020, 09:58 PM
The inverse relationship between our entitled snowflakes and Scotland's R number is surely no coincidence.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 10:02 PM
No chance they’re turning away that type of money.

And that’s where the nonsense doesn’t help any arguments. I totally agree now disappointing it is for fans that can’t watch legally. However, the club in my opinion won’t be making much out of PPV, I genuinely don’t believe there will be that much of an uptake but that’s my own opinion. I back the club in the fact I think there’s good intentions behind it, make sure it’s working, make some adjustments and by the time the next opportunity comes along open it up to all. By which time hopefully some STH’s (if not all) are allowed back into the stadium, not sure if we will still be allowed to sell PPV at that time but if we are then it’ll be a much better experience with less trying to access.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 10:28 PM
I'm sure we'll be grateful for the approach if it all goes super smooth on Saturday.

I do have sympathy for Killie fans, though - I know if we were away to them and it was the only game that PPV wasn't available (and wasn't on Sky) we'd all be pretty miffed about it.

We’d all be doing the sensible thing and get a monthly subscription for Killie TV and a VPN.

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 10:39 PM
Have they? Do you have examples of clubs with over 100k viewers watching via this company?

We haven’t had months to test. We got told yesterday that it can be opened up to PPV. Now that decision may have been made late last week given the whispers that were out over the weekend, but the club would have prepared for 11k viewers first game. Talk about an overreaction [emoji23] disappointing? Absolutely. Tin pot? I think not. I’m sure you’ll be thankful if ours runs smoothly while another club who are offering PPV goes tits up.

Also, do you know how much cash we’ve missed out on? Do you know what it would cost for extra server bandwidth to accommodate potentially more viewers?Some people are desperate to have a go at the club.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Some people are desperate to have a go at the club.

And the same posters constantly pop up on threads with posts such as this as soon as anybody expresses what they perceive to be a negative opinion.

It is possible to praise when you think it’s due and be critical when you think it’s due. Don’t think that makes people desperate to criticise.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 10:45 PM
And the same posters constantly pop up on threads with posts such as this as soon as anybody expresses what they perceive to be a negative opinion.

It is possible to praise when you think it’s due and be critical when you think it’s due.

There’s also a middle ground though. I’m far from a ‘happy clapper’ but calling us tinpot and embarrassing is way over the top.

Nobody knows the ins and outs and if our stream is successful this weekend while others fail then it’ll be a great decision. If everyone’s works then it’ll have been disappointing for our own walk ups firstly, and Kilmarnock fans secondly.

I’m not going to be overly critical at the club for erring on the side of caution when it comes to looking after those who have stumped up £400 blindly though.

erin go bragh
28-07-2020, 10:49 PM
Hibs could have had a couple of dummy runs with our St Mirren and Hamilton bounce games . Then we would be better prepared for this Saturdays opener.
Maybe then ,they would have been able to offer something to walk ups and away fans .

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 10:53 PM
There’s also a middle ground though. I’m far from a ‘happy clapper’ but calling us tinpot and embarrassing is way over the top.

Nobody knows the ins and outs and if our stream is successful this weekend while others fail then it’ll be a great decision. If everyone’s works then it’ll have been disappointing for our own walk ups firstly, and Kilmarnock fans secondly.

I’m not going to be overly critical at the club for erring on the side of caution when it comes to looking after those who have stumped up £400 blindly though.

Agree there is a middle ground and I think the majority find that. It works both ways as well. Some people can be overly negative whilst other fail to see anything wrong in what we do and routinely call out negativity, people moaning etc.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Hibs could have had a couple of dummy runs with our St Mirren and Hamilton bounce games . Then we would be better prepared for this Saturdays opener.
Maybe then ,they would have been able to offer something to walk ups and away fans .

If only they’d thought of that..

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 10:56 PM

St Mirren was down at East Mains so think that would have been out of the question. But the Hamilton game at Easter Road would have made sense.

CentreLine
28-07-2020, 11:05 PM

With the amount of unjustified criticism and faux outrage I can’t help but feel there are rather a lot of guests this evening. Guests who have taken a bit of a beating at arbitration and are now looking to stir a different pot. Just a personal view 🤔

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 11:43 PM
With the amount of unjustified criticism and faux outrage I can’t help but feel there are rather a lot of guests this evening. Guests who have taken a bit of a beating at arbitration and are now looking to stir a different pot. Just a personal view [emoji848]I was wondering the same thing.

Carheenlea
29-07-2020, 12:08 AM
I think it would be a nice gesture from the club if we were to offer Hearts ST holders complimentary access to the live streaming of Hibs home games to fill the void and let them enjoy some football from the top flight to tide them over until the lower leagues get their campaigns underway in October.

It could go a long way to healing some of the wounds of the past few months and you never know, they might offer a reciprocal deal and allow us access to view streaming of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup.

The Baldmans Comb
29-07-2020, 12:56 AM
Not doing PPV on Saturday is absoutely nothing to do with protecting season tickets holders or trying to sell a few more that's for sure as you aren't going to persuade anyone to renew on the basis of one game.

10,500 might stretch to 10,600 if you are lucky.

Hibs just arent geared up for to 4,000 walk up fans streaming in and a couple of thousand Killie fans given they only just got the passwords out the door tonight for season ticket holders which was just about the last possible day they could have got away with it.

No big deal other than losing out on easy peasy money of lets just say £50,000 at the lower estimate of 2,500 fans at £20 a pop but you have to be proactive and right on top of your game to get all the ducks in place but history tells you that's not Hibs strong point when it comes to anything to do with technology.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 05:24 AM
Not doing PPV on Saturday is absoutely nothing to do with protecting season tickets holders or trying to sell a few more that's for sure as you aren't going to persuade anyone to renew on the basis of one game.

Hibs just arent geared up for to 4,000 walk up fans streaming in and a couple of thousand Killie fans given they only just got the passwords out the door tonight for season ticket holders which was just about the last possible day they could have got away with it.

No big deal other than losing out on easy peasy money of lets just say £50,000 at the lower estimate of 2,500 fans at £20 a pop but you have to be proactive and right on top of your game to get all the ducks in place but history tells you that's not Hibs strong point when it comes to anything to do with technology.

Exactly what did Hibs not do in time? You appear to know.

Gatecrasher
29-07-2020, 06:16 AM
I wonder if you can watch away games via hibs tv and pay for the access or have to create a new account for each club? i guess that it will be the latter as the first option would be too sensible.

Heisenberg
29-07-2020, 06:30 AM
I wonder if you can watch away games via hibs tv and pay for the access or have to create a new account for each club? i guess that it will be the latter as the first option would be too sensible.

Yes you need give your details to and pay the home club directly before selecting the option to watch as an away fan.

green&left
29-07-2020, 06:36 AM

That's not £50k profit though. If you allow another 2500-4000 people streaming the match your costs are going increase as a result of that. Takeaway tax and VAT etc then I can see Hibs' point about allowing only season ticket holders first, not much point in risking the system for a few grand. I'm assuming Hibs Pass is using the same platform as Celtic's "Paradise Pass"? The FAQ looks pretty identical. If so I can see why they're restricting it to ST holders only seeing the issues Celtic had with their test match last week.

Hibs90
29-07-2020, 06:44 AM
They've said who can watch it and who can't. They've also said that PPV will be available from October - details to be confirmed. Is that not enough for the time being?

It's called communication.

Fair question. Let me provide an update in full this week on here.

I’ve been presenting feedback to the club about looking after Supporters (includes PPV and more) strongly over the last two months. I’m disappointed that some supporters will miss out on Saturday but I appreciate and understand where the club has got to in making sure everything is right technically on Saturday before taking time to ensure the best structure and service specific to PPV is rolled out at the next opportunity.

I'd honestly love to know the technical reason. If it's capacity related or whatever then fine but why they can't just come out and say it.

And some are desperate to defend them at every opportunity. They aren't always right.

Brightside
29-07-2020, 07:05 AM

I'd honestly love to know the technical reason. If it's capacity related or whatever then fine but why they can't just come out and say it.

And some are desperate to defend them at every opportunity. They aren't always right.

They have communicated. Very well - considering they have been down to bare bones in that area. A lot of staff not coming back till Friday. Technical reason is to try and build up the product without its crashing on day one.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 07:05 AM

They've said that PPV will be available from October. That information has been communicated. If there's no PPV on Saturday because the club aren't confident that it'll work then they aren't going to say that - you don't communicate a lack of confidence in your technical partners.

Again, what makes you think we should be told the reasons behind every decision made?

I'll support my club every time against people having a go unjustly.

Since452
29-07-2020, 07:09 AM
Personally I think the games should be accessible to everyone

green day
29-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Personally I think the games should be accessible to everyone

Thats not a statement that any rational person would disagree with, but that doesnt mean that it is possible to facilitate it.

Hibs90
29-07-2020, 07:30 AM
They've said that PPV will be available from October. That information has been communicated. If there's no PPV on Saturday because the club aren't confident that it'll work then they aren't going to say that - you don't communicate a lack of confidence in your technical partners.

Again, what makes you think we should be told the reasons behind every decision made?

It's only fair those Hibs fans who are missing out get a full and clear explanation, you might even find some might go 'ah fair enough then'. And well, Kilmarnock FC aswell.

It's not unjust. The club aren't all perfect.

Heisenberg
29-07-2020, 07:35 AM
It's only fair those Hibs fans who are missing out get a full and clear explanation, you might even find some might go 'ah fair enough then'. And well, Kilmarnock FC aswell.

The club have said they want to make sure the product works for their season ticket holders on Saturday before making it more widely available. Is that not an explanation? How much more do you want to know?

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 07:43 AM

You're looking for something to moan about. Fans would probably be entitled to an explanation if PPV was a service that was no longer available, where in fact it's something that Hibs have never done before. They've said that it'll start in October. What more do you need to know?

See above.

Hibs90
29-07-2020, 07:48 AM
You're looking for something to moan about. Fans would probably be entitled to an explanation if PPV was a service that was no longer available, where in fact it's something that Hibs have never done before. They've said that it'll start in October. What more do you need to know?

See above.

No I'm not, you're out of touch here. Look at the response on social media, from our own fans and others.

I'm honestly getting bored of your constant and quite frankly draining responses to anyone who dares to criticize the club.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 07:50 AM
No I'm not, you're out of touch here. Look at the response on social media, from our own fans and others.

I'm honestly getting bored of your constant and quite frankly draining responses to anyone who dares to criticize the club.

Block me then. I don't care.

04Sauzee
29-07-2020, 07:53 AM

I'm not sure social media is a good barometer for a hibs fans, you should see twitter on a match day when the twitter feed say... Corner Hibs, taken short kilmarnock break 😂😂😂

JimBHibees
29-07-2020, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a sensible approach given the assuming lack of staff in this area due to Covid. A cautious approach which works well for the core fans first up will then allow the club to fix any issues and adjust capacity going forward. Celtic a much bigger club with assuming many more resources had issues on Sunday so Hibs have been sensible and responded to that.

The worse decision would have been to let many more watch with the risk it ruined everyone's viewing of the match.

JimBHibees
29-07-2020, 07:59 AM
I'm not sure social media is a good barometer for a hibs fans, you should see twitter on a match day when the twitter feed say... Corner Hibs, taken short kilmarnock break 😂😂😂

Don't think social media is a barometer of anything to be honest. Gives every psycho a voice.

malcolm
29-07-2020, 08:05 AM
For a moment I thought I’d logged on to calimero.net. :greengrin

Not that kickery dickery dock place though is still far too civilised and polite here thank goodness :wink:

green day
29-07-2020, 08:06 AM

Social media isnt real life.

There are two very obvious issues that the social media heroes appear to have ignored -

One being the ability of Stream Digital to deal with the technical issues properly - I think we can see from the Celtic Ross County friendly that this is less than perfect.

The second is that those clubs being praised on social media for providing a streaming service at a cheap rate (Killie, Well, St Mirren) have fewer collective STs than our club.
These 3 clubs dont (really) care about their ST holders - Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers have to care.............is it a surprise that those larger clubs have not come out praising the service and offering £12 a pop service?

Hibs have committed to provide a service to ST holders.............so they have to do this, even if there are teething troubles in the first few weeks.

Hibs cant come come out and say they are concerned that Stream Digital may not deliver.

If Hibs are concerned, it would be bonkers for them to accept cash from Killie and non ST Hibs fans before Saturday.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Social media isnt real life.

There are two very obvious issues that the social media heroes appear to have ignored -

One being the ability of Stream Digital to deal with the technical issues properly - I think we can see from the Celtic Ross County friendly that this is less than perfect.

The second is that those clubs being praised on social media for providing a streaming service at a cheap rate (Killie, Well, St Mirren) have fewer collective STs than our club.
These 3 clubs dont (really) care about their ST holders - Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers have to care.............is it a surprise that those larger clubs have not come out praising the service and offering £12 a pop service?

Hibs have committed to provide a service to ST holders.............so they have to do this, even if there are teething troubles in the first few weeks.

Hibs cant come come out and say they are concerned that Stream Digital may not deliver.

If Hibs are concerned, it would be bonkers for them to accept cash from Killie and non ST Hibs fans before Saturday.

Quite frankly ... draining!

Brightside
29-07-2020, 08:10 AM

Buy a ST. The club have said it’s the only way to guarantee you can watch the game. There will always be limited bandwidth for streaming, so imagine it’s like any other sold out game. If you don’t have a ST you aren’t guaranteed to get in. It’s not a normal Hibs v Killie game and people just need to accept that.

Brightside
29-07-2020, 08:12 AM

You are miles out of touch. You demands and expectations are a far distance from reality.

Hibs90
29-07-2020, 08:22 AM
Buy a ST. The club have said it’s the only way to guarantee you can watch the game. There will always be limited bandwidth for streaming, so imagine it’s like any other sold out game. If you don’t have a ST you aren’t guaranteed to get in. It’s not a normal Hibs v Killie game and people just need to accept that.

You are miles out of touch. You demands and expectations are a far distance from reality.

I have a ST. Perhaps if you had bothered to read the thread in full you will have seen that. Limited bandwidth?

I'm the one out of touch? That's hilarious coming from you to be fair. :greengrin

Brightside
29-07-2020, 08:27 AM
I have a ST. Perhaps if you had bothered to read the thread in full you will have seen that. Limited bandwidth?

I'm the one out of touch? That's hilarious coming from you to be fair. :greengrin

You know how streaming works eh?

we are hibs
29-07-2020, 08:29 AM
With the amount of unjustified criticism and faux outrage I can’t help but feel there are rather a lot of guests this evening. Guests who have taken a bit of a beating at arbitration and are now looking to stir a different pot. Just a personal view 🤔

The constant need people on here have with labelling people Hearts fans when they post something they dont agree with is really tedious and seems to happen regularly now. Its pretty blatant when its a Hearts fan on here. They arent intelligent enough to be subtle. And i say that as someone who thinks the club are right here. They 100% should be putting first the 10.5k who have put in a substantial amount of money and making sure the stream works for them.

Hibs90
29-07-2020, 08:33 AM
You know how streaming works eh?

Very much so.

itslegaltender
29-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Ron Gordon literally has a long career in broadcasting with access to huge resources in this field yet we are being cautious about streaming to maybe no more than 20k viewers?

green day
29-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Ron Gordon literally has a long career in broadcasting with access to huge resources in this field yet we are being cautious about streaming to maybe no more than 20k viewers?

There is more than one way to look at this.

Have you considered that his long career in broadcasting may have led to the caution streaming this match?

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 08:47 AM

I'm not sure Telemundo, his group of stations, do streaming or PPV.

It'd be like asking Lewis Stevenson to play centre forward.

malcolm
29-07-2020, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure Telemundo, his group of stations, do streaming or PPV.

It'd be like asking Lewis Stevenson to play centre forward.

Or that Lewis as a professional footballer should be ok to play rugby football ..say prop forward.. all outdoor games with big balls are the same surely :greengrin

RoYO!
29-07-2020, 09:18 AM
I'm presuming hibs had their hands tied somehow in terms of the length of time it's taken to get the test organised and details out.

If there are any issues tonight and tomorrow during the test I dread to think about the amount of emails they'll have to plough through in the very small window as it is now.

Hopefully everything runs smoothly.

DC_Hibs
29-07-2020, 09:18 AM

Except in person /stadium?

I put a question mark as not 100% sure it was you that surprised me by saying you’d never been near ER in many years.

Plenty to say for yourself on here though.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 09:22 AM

I put a question mark as not 100% sure it was you that surprised me by saying you’d never been near ER in many years.

So what's your point?

Winston Ingram
29-07-2020, 09:24 AM
I think Hibs are bang on with their approach. Can you imagine the outcry if it doesn't work?

We know there will likely be 10,500 potential logins on Saturday. We will learn a lot out of that broadcast and how stable the platform is and our ability to guarantee our ST's see the game without it crashing. Once we understand that, I'm sure we will open it up to more.

As for other clubs approaches. I know I'm sounding a bit Jambo here but they have significantly smaller fanbase than ours and the risk of crashing is lower.

As for the likes of Livi. I get the impression they won't really give too much of a toss if it does crash. This was the club that opened 1 turnstile to us on the 29th of December, knowing that there was likely to be a huge walk-up crowd

Brightside
29-07-2020, 09:33 AM
People just need to remember that its not Hibs that are providing the stream. Everyone except Rangers has outsourced the delivery to a 3rd party. This will obviously be forgotten about when there are issues either during testing or during the games on Saturday. It will also be forgotten when the majority of issues will be at the user side. Most people don't bother to read instructions, and will complain without reading or following them. A lot of people will have issues due to poor wifi, or poor through-put from their broadband provider. Again they will just assume its a Hibs issue. We are a tiny little football team who cannot afford to deliver a Netflix/Prime style streaming production. What we will get is the best the club can afford. And just because Ron had ownership of some TV companies doesn't make him an expert in providing cost effective LIVE streaming from football grounds in Scotland.

hibbyfraelibby
29-07-2020, 09:38 AM

I suspect Ron Gordon's background and long experience is one of the reasons Hibs are pursuing a cautious launch rather than a big bang. He knows the pitfalls and risks.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2020, 09:50 AM

Popcorn at the ready...

B.H.F.C
29-07-2020, 09:54 AM
People just need to remember that its not Hibs that are providing the stream. Everyone except Rangers has outsourced the delivery to a 3rd party. This will obviously be forgotten about when there are issues either during testing or during the games on Saturday. It will also be forgotten when the majority of issues will be at the user side. Most people don't bother to read instructions, and will complain without reading or following them. A lot of people will have issues due to poor wifi, or poor through-put from their broadband provider. Again they will just assume its a Hibs issue. We are a tiny little football team who cannot afford to deliver a Netflix/Prime style streaming production. What we will get is the best the club can afford. And just because Ron had ownership of some TV companies doesn't make him an expert in providing cost effective LIVE streaming from football grounds in Scotland.

So if we’re not to blame Hibs if (and it is an if at the moment so I’m not actually criticising them) presumably we don’t praise them if it goes well because that’ll be nothing to do with them either?

Bottom line is they’ve taken our money and ‘guaranteed’ we’ll see the game so it’ll be them that take the stick and get hit with refund requests if it goes wrong. Just as they should be praised if it goes right.

Do agree with your point on user error. That’ll definitely be an issue and you can see that even from some of the responses to the comms last night.

Juniper Greens
29-07-2020, 10:00 AM
So if we’re not to blame Hibs if (and it is an if at the moment so I’m not actually criticising them) presumably we don’t praise them if it goes well because that’ll be nothing to do with them either?

Bottom line is they’ve taken our money and ‘guaranteed’ we’ll see the game so it’ll be them that take the stick and get hit with refund requests if it goes wrong. Just as they should be praised if it goes right.

Do agree with your point on user error. That’ll definitely be an issue and you can see that even from some of the responses to the comms last night.

I've got confidence in this. I borrowed someone's login for the celtc game on Monday. Website is basically a no thrills screen with 4 alternative links. So when link 1 crashes, try link 2 etc. First 5 mins, I got chucked out of both links 1 and 2, no drama as link 3 worked for the remainder of the game.
I used it with no instructions, so tried to log into Celtic TV at first, but once I got the correct link (Celtic Pass), it worked smoothly.

I would expect most issues will be user error.
People using the Hibs TV website
People using capitals in their username
People using their Hibs TV username

Is it worth the admins on Hibs.net adding a sticky thread, with no replies available, just detailing the instructions for everyone who needs them? That way if any of us get texts from mates who can't work it, we can reply saying "the top thread on hibs.net has the details"?

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Not read the whole thread, but there seems to be one side complaining that the club are not catering for PPV for 1 game while the other side is complaining that season tickets are devalued if PPV is less than £20.

I'm not a season ticket holder so I'll have to rely on Hibs.net for updates and the BBC radio commentary, just like I have for too many seasons. Nothing different from the last few years.

What seems to be forgotten in the debate is that season ticket holders are getting access to Hibs TV live games regardless of where they are which is new and Hibs are having to pay more to the provider so that they can help season ticket holders see games until crowds are allowed back. Hopefully this will not be too long but this is costing the club money that could be put to better use.