PDA

View Full Version : BT Sports

lord bunberry
26-07-2020, 06:27 PM
I’m watching the post match coverage of the games today and it’s excellent, football people talking about football. Their coverage of Scottish football was head and shoulders above what sky gave us, I would tune into the BT coverage of a game early to watch the build up as it was worth watching. I get that sky cover more through their news channel but the matchday coverage is stale. I really hope sky have got something better than Neil Mcann and Chris Boyd sitting in a box talking ***** to offer us this season.

smithy_hibees
26-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Loved BTs coverage of Scottish football was down to money and Sky paid more

lord bunberry
26-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Loved BTs coverage of Scottish football was down to money and Sky paid more
It was, but it’s now up to sky to make it as good. I hope they don’t just continue as they were. Their coverage has been awful compared to BT.

smithy_hibees
26-07-2020, 09:11 PM
It was, but it’s now up to sky to make it as good. I hope they don’t just continue as they were. Their coverage has been awful compared to BT.

Although less air time Kris Boyd gets the better 😉

matty_f
26-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Sky still use Andy Walker and Davie Provan - both awful, awful commentators/summarisers.

BT’s coverage was excellent, and they’ll be missed from Scottish football.

Hopefully Hibs TV provides a good alternative - done well, it should be a sellable product in its own right even when we’re back in the stadium.

Imagine a Friday night preview show dedicated to Hibs, for instance - then the match replay on a Sunday morning with good analysis, and features through the week etc.

smithy_hibees
26-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Sky still use Andy Walker and Davie Provan - both awful, awful commentators/summarisers.

Hopefully Hibs TV provides a good alternative - done well, it should be a sellable product in its own right even when we’re back in the stadium.

Imagine a Friday night preview show dedicated to Hibs, for instance - then the match replay on a Sunday morning with good analysis, and features through the week etc.

You’d hope there is a long term view as well as short term, HibsTv should be a must have but unsure how popular it actually is.. personally don’t have it (will now due the free access for season ticket holders)

04Sauzee
26-07-2020, 10:19 PM
You’d hope there is a long term view as well as short term, HibsTv should be a must have but unsure how popular it actually is.. personally don’t have it (will now due the free access for season ticket holders)

I'd probably pay a tenner a month to have footage every night of the grass growing at ER and HTC

smithy_hibees
26-07-2020, 10:44 PM
I'd probably pay a tenner a month to have footage every night of the grass growing at ER and HTC

Where do I sign up??

Sammy7nil
27-07-2020, 07:08 AM
Where do I sign up??

HSL :greengrin:wink:

JimBHibees
27-07-2020, 07:44 AM

Being mates of Charlie Nic obviously is enough to get you jobs at Sky, jeez they even use McInally also. Talk about cronyism. Both Walker and Provan are awful really negative and slag off rather than praise without decent analysis. Should be getting much better imo.

DavieRoy
27-07-2020, 09:11 AM
I always thought Chris Sutton was negative, certainly when he started, then BT moulded him into the pantomime villain and played up to it. He would call people brainless and clueless etc. Never quite got it myself.

End of the day, if they wanted Scottish football, they would have paid the money and they didn’t.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-07-2020, 09:15 AM
I will certainly not miss Stephen Craigan

JohnM1875
27-07-2020, 09:18 AM
I will certainly not miss Stephen Craigan

Oft. Same! Guy is so negative towards Hibs for some reason. And in general he just annoyed me.

matty_f
27-07-2020, 11:46 AM
I always thought Chris Sutton was negative, certainly when he started, then BT moulded him into the pantomime villain and played up to it. He would call people brainless and clueless etc. Never quite got it myself.

End of the day, if they wanted Scottish football, they would have paid the money and they didn’t.
Sutton on the wind-up is still levels ahead of Walker and Provan, who are dreadful.

Despite BT losing the rights, i generally felt that their pundits knew the Scottish game. Sky pundits generally seem to know the Glasgow teams and not much else.

BILLYHIBS
27-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Never been a fan of Andy Walker since he once described HIBS as being a “ provincial club” ?

He always looked as though he could not be arsed being here as a player and did not appreciate how big a club we actually are and that it should be a pleasure to play for such a fantastic club in front of our brilliant fans

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 09:19 AM
McCoist, Hartson and Darren Fletcher joining Sky’s coverage.

Kris Commons bumped.

Boyd and McFadden still part of it.

we are hibs
28-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Never been a fan of Andy Walker since he once described HIBS as being a “ provincial club” ?

He always looked as though he could not be arsed being here as a player and did not appreciate how big a club we actually are and that it should be a pleasure to play for such a fantastic club in front of our brilliant fans

Andy Walker is a complete ********. His roaring and greeting in the aftermath of the pitch invasion was as pathetic as his "football knowledge". Man is a bumbling buffoon.

Kris Commons bumped.

Thank **** they got rid of Commons. Guy could barely string a sentence together.

Brightside
28-07-2020, 09:26 AM
Hartson is awful too. In fact the majority of ex players are awful.

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2020, 09:28 AM

Kris Commons bumped.

Boyd & McFadden are hopeless, but McCoist and Hartson are decent and hopefully Darren Fletcher gives something from an Edinburgh perspective.

1875Sean
28-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Good to hear about McCoist and Fletcher, would rather McCoist do the commentary and they punt Waker. Disappointed Boyd is still there, must be up there with one of the worst pundits about

Leitherhibs
28-07-2020, 11:52 AM
Darren Fletcher is a rookie pundit, but already way more articulate and thoughtful than Boyd and Hartson.

McCoist is fine to listen too, can be quite entertaining.

The others are utter dross, Andy Walker is your mate with shan patter, no original opinions but is always available for a pint.