PDA

View Full Version : Best/Cheapest way to watch Sky Sports?

RoxburghHibs
26-07-2020, 12:29 PM
I’m currently a Virgin TV customer without the Sky Sports channels. I don’t have a Hibs season ticket (I’m a walk up supporter). So I’m considering purchasing Sky Sports so I can watch the games.

My question is - has anyone looked into the best way to do this? Should I add the channels to my Virgin TV package or is it better to get NowTV or similar?

Tambo
26-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Think scottish football will be on sky sports football so if you can just get that channel added to your virgin then that's probably your best bet.

Now tv is like 33 pound a month for every sport channel.

CMurdoch
26-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Sky etc are more expensive per game than a season ticket to watch Hibs live at home this season

Tambo
26-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Also they do sky sports mobile passes for cheaper but much better on the big screen than your mobile or tablet, unless you can hook your phone up to your tv.

green&left
26-07-2020, 12:45 PM
NowTV is £33 a month. But you can watch channels on two devices at the same time meaning you could go halfers with someone. Think its also flexible so you can cancel. Virgin will most likely want you to sign upto a 1 year deal.

Numptie
26-07-2020, 12:46 PM
In a normal season I would watch Sky games on Now TV. £9.99 for a week or £33.99 for a month. I would need to confirm Sky Sports prices as being with Virgin as well, they will probs do a deal. However, overall Sky Sports is a waste ofmoney- just to watch live Hibs games.

J-C
26-07-2020, 12:56 PM
I have my laddies Sky login details and have Skygo on my laptop, I only have BT where I am so it's very handy, I just link it up to the telly with an HDMI cable.

EI255
26-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Had SS years ago and would never consider buying a package from them again. Just wasn't value for money.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
26-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Watch the games in somebody else’s hoose.

Moulin Yarns
26-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Watch the games in somebody else’s hoose.

Or a public hoose😉?

murray26
26-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Get a fire stick

King Cosell
26-07-2020, 01:44 PM
In a normal season I would watch Sky games on Now TV. £9.99 for a week or £33.99 for a month. I would need to confirm Sky Sports prices as being with Virgin as well, they will probs do a deal. However, overall Sky Sports is a waste ofmoney- just to watch live Hibs games.

You can get a Now TV Sky Sports month pass at Currys/PC World for £25.

King Cosell
26-07-2020, 02:05 PM
You can get a Now TV Sky Sports month pass at Currys/PC World for £25.

Cancel before the end of the month and they'll offer you a deal, something like 3 months at £20 a month, cancel before the end of 3 months and buy another pass from Currys/PC World.

Frazerbob
26-07-2020, 03:50 PM
IPTV £25 per year

Halmyre Hibee
26-07-2020, 03:51 PM
I got sky sports added through Virgin £22/mth plus £8 for HD so £30 added to my package. Now TV HD is £33.95/mth.

berwickhibee
26-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Get a fire stick

Exactly😁

007 Mickey Weir
26-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Nowtv plus boost is £36.99 per month. But can be viewed on 3 devices at a time. So £12.33 each if split between 3 friends

NC1875
26-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Exactly😁

And have it buffering or have to try how many different channels before you find one that works. No thanks!

Just pay for Sky and you can watch it without any hassle, even record games to watch later etc

The Spaceman
26-07-2020, 03:58 PM
Sky doing a deal just now - £39 per month for Sky TV + Sports with Sky Q. £52 per month if you want BT Sports as well. 18 month contract.

Frazerbob
26-07-2020, 04:01 PM
And have it buffering or have to try how many different channels before you find one that works. No thanks!

Just pay for Sky and you can watch it without any hassle, even record games to watch later etc

No buffering, full HD & recordable and daily updates from the provider on best channels to watch every live game/match for most sports. Throw in tens of thousands of films. A year subscription for a third of one month I was paying Sky.

NC1875
26-07-2020, 05:12 PM
No buffering, full HD & recordable and daily updates from the provider on best channels to watch every live game/match for most sports. Throw in tens of thousands of films. A year subscription for a third of one month I was paying Sky.

Everyone seems to say that. And then I’ve been at a few peoples houses to watch games and it’s always a drama to get it. Fair play if you don’t have those issues.

LancashireHibby
26-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Everyone seems to say that. And then I’ve been at a few peoples houses to watch games and it’s always a drama to get it. Fair play if you don’t have those issues.
I also found it a pain. A lot to be said for the simplicity of turning the telly on and picking your channel. Likewise with NowTV we found that it would occasionally buffer and whatnot, plus it’s a good 30 seconds behind Sky so a nightmare if you have score updates or people texting you etc.

We pay £70 a month for broadband,Sky entertainment and Sports channels in HD and Sky Q which I think is pretty reasonable all told.

mcohibs
26-07-2020, 08:18 PM
Stand outside the pub and peak through the window

TheGog
26-07-2020, 09:11 PM

Mines doesn't buffer use a vpn and your good to go, had mines 3 months best thing I've done

jakedance
26-07-2020, 10:09 PM
I have my laddies Sky login details and have Skygo on my laptop, I only have BT where I am so it's very handy, I just link it up to the telly with an HDMI cable.

That’s similar to me. I’ve got my mum and dad’s login details and have the full Sky package, catch up and on demand through SkyGo on my PlayStation and iPad. Great quality and free.

RoxburghHibs
27-07-2020, 05:08 AM
That’s similar to me. I’ve got my mum and dad’s login details and have the full Sky package, catch up and on demand through SkyGo on my PlayStation and iPad. Great quality and free.

Cool are they willing to share their login details? 😉

calumhibee1
27-07-2020, 06:24 AM

I’m the same. Got a firestick a few months back and a lot of the channels that worked at the time don’t work anymore, the sounds out of sync or the pictures poor. I seem to get the odd channel which is perfect but there’s not many.

Wasn’t expensive so was worth the gamble but that’s the third IPTV package I’ve had and they’ve all been the same. The only one that ever worked for me was that Sportsmania before it got shut down.

macca70
27-07-2020, 06:53 AM
Buy a season ticket then you’ll get to watch all the home games, not just the games on Sky.

If cost/price is an issue buy the cheapest and then all the money goes direct to Hibs too

bod
27-07-2020, 07:25 AM
SKy sports will be cheaper if it’s not in HD , you could put up with it for 90 minutes to keep the cost down

Saint Hibee
27-07-2020, 08:38 AM

Is this the Amazon fire stick you’re talking about? Or have I misunderstood?

Partyraiser
27-07-2020, 08:41 AM

This has been my experience of iptv. Couldn't speak highly enough about it :agree:

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2020, 09:22 AM
I’m the same. Got a firestick a few months back and a lot of the channels that worked at the time don’t work anymore, the sounds out of sync or the pictures poor. I seem to get the odd channel which is perfect but there’s not many.

Wasn’t expensive so was worth the gamble but that’s the third IPTV package I’ve had and they’ve all been the same. The only one that ever worked for me was that Sportsmania before it got shut down.

This is why I won’t bother and will continue to pay legitimately through Virgin. I want to turn the TV on and be guaranteed instant high quality picture and sound throughout the event I am watching.

bringbackbenny
27-07-2020, 09:35 AM
This is why I won’t bother and will continue to pay legitimately through Virgin. I want to turn the TV on and be guaranteed instant high quality picture and sound throughout the event I am watching.

I've tried many paid iptv services over the last 3/4 years.

Some have been ok but tbh was never guaranteed I could switch on and watch a match start to end without some issue.

The typical pattern is they start off excellent and then, through word of mouth, they get a larger subscriber base and the bandwidth gets less and the buffers and outages are more frequent. Also most are resellers for larger providers and outages are outwith your contacts direct control.

You have to have a mindset of you pay buttons and accept rough with smooth.

ChrissyG1875
27-07-2020, 09:51 AM
IPTV £25 per yearWhat one do you use? Mines is £50 and I'm just about to have to renew it for the year.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Newcastlehibby
27-07-2020, 10:17 AM
My daughter and son-in-law (Newcastle supporter) have Sky Sports, so I can get it on Sky Go using their log in details and cast it to my tv.

That seems fair seeing as I share my Amazon Prime and Disney with them.

The cheapest option then is finding someone with Sky Sports who is willing to share with you.

Coco Bryce
27-07-2020, 10:38 AM
What one do you use? Mines is £50 and I'm just about to have to renew it for the year.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You get what you pay for. I've been using IPTV for about 5-6 years now. I have paid £50, £40, £35 and £30 and the £50 was by far the best. Although the £35 one was a very close 2nd.

I currently have two different suppliers on the go just now for obvious reasons in case one gets closed down.

The kids have Firesticks in their rooms and they have pretty much every channel, films and boxsets they could ever need.

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Ahm payin 160 for my iptv per year in Spain, obviously pays to shop around

Coco Bryce
27-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Ahm payin 160 for my iptv per year in Spain, obviously pays to shop around

Wow! Why don't just get it here and use the same account?

calumhibee1
27-07-2020, 07:11 PM

Yup. I’ve never relied on them cause I’ve had Sky and BT to go along with them, I only ever really got them for the club tv channels and 3pm Saturday premiership games. I’m glad I’ve never had to as they’re nowhere near reliable enough.

Phil MaGlass
27-07-2020, 10:04 PM
Wow! Why don't just get it here and use the same account?

I live i Holland, have a place in Spain. Someone on here explained it to me, but, Im pretty thick when it comes to this sort of thing, didnae understan it, so pay a high price to someone else is my only option.

Tommy75
27-07-2020, 11:15 PM
My daughter and son-in-law (Newcastle supporter) have Sky Sports, so I can get it on Sky Go using their log in details and cast it to my tv.

That seems fair seeing as I share my Amazon Prime and Disney with them.

The cheapest option then is finding someone with Sky Sports who is willing to share with you.

How do you cast Sky Go on to your TV?

StevieC
28-07-2020, 05:41 AM

Depends on what device you are using.

My Samsung tablet has "smart view" which automatically connects to my smart TV.

Best advice I can give is Google your device type and "mirror to tv"

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Do Virgin do Disney + ?

Asking for a Hearts friend 😃

1875Sean
28-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Depends on what device you are using.

My Samsung tablet has "smart view" which automatically connects to my smart TV.

Best advice I can give is Google your device type and "mirror to tv"

I think the issue is the Sky Sports app doesn’t usually allow you to cast onto any device unlike the BT App

J-C
28-07-2020, 02:45 PM

HDMI cable from laptop to TV, or just watch it on laptop.

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Do Virgin do Disney + ?

Asking for a Hearts friend 😃

🤣