PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV sign in as existing Season Ticket holder

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Still Smiling
24-07-2020, 06:26 PM
Just tried to sign into Hibs TV using the login all existing season ticket holders were given when lock down started, but does not work. I have not used the login for months, is this the login we will be using for the live games starting next Sat? GGTTH

Power
24-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Good question - the free subscription and use of Hibs a TV stopped to allow for the revamp and upgrades ahead of next week. Finer details still to be communicated to us on access - I’m guessing it won’t be too far away from that unique Login ✅

proud_and_green
24-07-2020, 06:41 PM
When was this login issued? I am pretty sure neither me or my daughter have had this.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
24-07-2020, 06:42 PM
When was this login issued? I am pretty sure neither me or my daughter have had this.

I don't recall getting one either.

Golden Bear
24-07-2020, 06:44 PM
I don't recall getting one either.

Nor me but I only renewed a couple of weeks ago. We'll be hearing something soon I expect.

Daniel 1875
24-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Instructions were sent out in March for 2019/20 season ticket holders to access Hibs TV - that access has since stopped and 2020/21 season ticket holders will get information on how to access Hibs TV at some point next week I'd imagine.

malcolm
24-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Good question - the free subscription and use of Hibs a TV stopped to allow for the revamp and upgrades ahead of next week. Finer details still to be communicated to us on access - I’m guessing it won’t be too far away from that unique Login ✅

I’m hoping that this does not result in a messy 2 login scenario - one as a current subscriber and another as a season ticket holder for the two different contents and access?

mutley
24-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Just tried to sign into Hibs TV using the login all existing season ticket holders were given when lock down started, but does not work. I have not used the login for months, is this the login we will be using for the live games starting next Sat? GGTTH

True was a release lately saying they will be telling ST holders how to log in soon. The old log in for lockdown has finished

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jgl07
24-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Has anyone got an idea if this will work overseas?

I will be on holiday on France on August 1, on a TGV travelling between Paris Montparnasse and Saint-Nazaire and hope to catch the match against Kilmarnock on my iPad.

whereswallace?
24-07-2020, 10:10 PM
I’ve not really been following what’s happening with this. Do season tickets from the season that just ended early get access to the first few games if they are not renewing this season?

bingo70
24-07-2020, 10:15 PM
I’ve not really been following what’s happening with this. Do season tickets from the season that just ended early get access to the first few games if they are not renewing this season?

Don’t think so.

Think one of the benefits of getting a season ticket for the new season is free access to hibstv.

Season ticket holders from last season had the option of a partial refund if they wanted one.

hibbysam
24-07-2020, 10:35 PM

No. Last season is finished and all STH were given the chance of a refund for lost games. STH for 20/21 will have full access to HibsTv.

BT58
26-07-2020, 07:26 AM
This may be a stupid question, can you access Hibs Tv on playstore, or through your browser, was hoping to watch the game on my mates tablet, hes the season ticket holder but dosent have Hibs Tv ( yet).or on here to ask for himself.
B

andyg
26-07-2020, 07:35 AM
I was wondering this too. Will the live games be viewable on an Ipad or will you only be able to view them on a PC?

Sir David Gray
26-07-2020, 07:54 AM
I was wondering this too. Will the live games be viewable on an Ipad or will you only be able to view them on a PC?

I'm sure you'll be able to access the matches on any device from which you can access the internet.

andyg
26-07-2020, 09:21 AM
I'm sure you'll be able to access the matches on any device from which you can access the internet.

Excellent!

04Sauzee
26-07-2020, 09:29 AM
From Kilmarnocks latest update on closed door streaming;

“As we start the campaign on the road, we know fans will be eager to hear about any access to watching the team when we play away from home and we will provide a separate update on this subject on Monday.”

ekhibee
26-07-2020, 10:52 AM

Good news. I take then I could probably watch it on the TV through my PS4? Otherwise I'll just use my laptop.

lord bunberry
26-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Will pubs be able to show the games? I was hoping to head out for a few pints to watch the game.

marinello59
26-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Will pubs be able to show the games? I was hoping to head out for a few pints to watch the game.

Not legally.

BlackSheep
26-07-2020, 12:22 PM
Not legally.

Not sure that it’s as black and white as this.

I haven’t read the T&Cs of Hibs TV but should it omit anything about groups watching via HibsTV then I couldn’t see the issue with any publican who is a season ticket holder showing the game(s).

Iggy Pope
26-07-2020, 12:35 PM
Seems to be discussed on a number of threads but are other ST holders still waiting on the follow up email with instructions and a trial suggestion for Hibs TV? Wednesdays email said it would be here by the end of the week so hopefully soon.

lord bunberry
26-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Not legally.
That’s disappointing, I’ve not been to the pub since they reopened and I was hoping to watch the game and have a few pints. I suppose it’s only really meant for season ticket holders, but I thought they were going to sell the games to non season ticket holders as well, a pub could buy it for a higher amount.

lord bunberry
26-07-2020, 04:09 PM

I haven’t read the T&Cs of Hibs TV but should it omit anything about groups watching via HibsTV then I couldn’t see the issue with any publican who is a season ticket holder showing the game(s).
I hope you’re right, it might even generate a few more season ticket sales from pub landlords.

BT58
26-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Seems to be discussed on a number of threads but are other ST holders still waiting on the follow up email with instructions and a trial suggestion for Hibs TV? Wednesdays email said it would be here by the end of the week so hopefully soon.
Aye. But what week :-)
B

marinello59
26-07-2020, 04:17 PM

It’s not about showing it to groups . It’s showing it in a commercial venue that’s not allowed.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2020, 05:08 PM
That’s disappointing, I’ve not been to the pub since they reopened and I was hoping to watch the game and have a few pints. I suppose it’s only really meant for season ticket holders, but I thought they were going to sell the games to non season ticket holders as well, a pub could buy it for a higher amount.

I don't think it's law as such but there's a lot of pubs round my way that haven't been showing any live football since they reopened to avoid people from shouting, which is a risk factor in spreading the virus. I'm not sure if that will change once the Scottish games start back again.

04Sauzee
26-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Dave Cormack on twitter

Now over 8,000 STs. 👏👏👏First 2 games live on Sky... NO PPV. Limited Access = 9,000 STs at 1m distancing perhaps for most of 20/21. We'll now stop at 9,000 STs. All STs get a Virtual ST to a much improved RedTV w/ pre, post and HT shows. PPV details next 2 days. Stand Free!

Nakedmanoncrack
26-07-2020, 08:55 PM

Not had anything.

G15 Hibs
27-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Not had anything.

Likewise. Its getting a bit late on to organise, and give decent notice of, a test event before the Killie game, which there had been talk of last week.

green day
27-07-2020, 08:00 AM
Dave Cormack on twitter

Now over 8,000 STs. 👏👏👏First 2 games live on Sky... NO PPV. Limited Access = 9,000 STs at 1m distancing perhaps for most of 20/21. We'll now stop at 9,000 STs. All STs get a Virtual ST to a much improved RedTV w/ pre, post and HT shows. PPV details next 2 days. Stand Free!

This pish annoys me.

Once again Aberdeen fans making up pish, same as they did 20 years ago when they manufactured rivalry with Rangers after the Neil Simpson affair.

Attention seeking *****.

machibby
27-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Likewise haven’t received any comms regarding Hibs tv login, last email was encouraging me to buy a season ticket when I already have! 😟

RyeSloan
27-07-2020, 05:39 PM
Is it safe to assume the stream quality will be high enough to watch on a big TV ala Amazon premiership games?

Never used HibsTV before...

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Is it safe to assume the stream quality will be high enough to watch on a big TV ala Amazon premiership games?

Never used HibsTV before...Doubt the quality will be as good as the Amazon streams. Think they were 4K weren't they?

Still, I'm sure it'll be good enough to watch on a telly, assuming your internet connection is good enough. Mine might struggle!... :(

RyeSloan
27-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Doubt the quality will be as good as the Amazon streams. Think they were 4K weren't they?

Still, I'm sure it'll be good enough to watch on a telly, assuming your internet connection is good enough. Mine might struggle!... :(

Cheers! Thankfully my broadband is spot on so no worries there.

nonshinyfinish
27-07-2020, 08:06 PM

Never used HibsTV before...

Previously the max was 720p, so not full HD but decent even on a big TV.

Possible that the improved setup for this season will be higher quality.

RyeSloan
27-07-2020, 08:39 PM
Previously the max was 720p, so not full HD but decent even on a big TV.

Possible that the improved setup for this season will be higher quality.

Perfect, thanks [emoji106][emoji106]

Clarence
27-07-2020, 08:45 PM
My dad was speaking to the hospitality gadgie and I think the logins are going to be sent out at the end of the week. Hopefully not the same “just in time” planning approach as the Covid testing.

G15 Hibs
27-07-2020, 08:56 PM
My dad was speaking to the hospitality gadgie and I think the logins are going to be sent out at the end of the week. Hopefully not the same “just in time” planning approach as the Covid testing.

In the email that was sent out last Wednesday the aim was to have login details out by the end of last week and a test event this week. As the days go by my confidence in this working out well is ebbing away.

Hibee Mac
27-07-2020, 10:32 PM
Must admit, it's starting to feel a bit unorganised considering no one has a log in yet and there has not been a proper test (and now there will not be one since we have no more games until Sat).

Fingers crossed but I'm losing a bit of faith now.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2020, 10:42 PM
I don't think it's law as such but there's a lot of pubs round my way that haven't been showing any live football since they reopened to avoid people from shouting, which is a risk factor in spreading the virus. I'm not sure if that will change once the Scottish games start back again.

My local has cancelled SKY & BT for the time being as the restricted numbers permitted in pub means it’s an expense they can’t afford at the moment, they were paying £2500 a month for their TV package.

Hibspirational
28-07-2020, 08:44 AM
Is Hibs TV castable (not sure if that’s a word) from a device to the TV?

Brunswickbill
28-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Is there any news about accessing the live Killie game on Hibs TV for season ticket holders? It’s getting close to the game and I haven’t seen any instructions on logging in.

overdrive
28-07-2020, 09:11 AM
I’m amazed that we haven’t used a friendly game as a test. Given our experience with things like the ticket scanners, I don’t have much faith in this working at the weekend.

smithy_hibees
28-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Can you watch/sign into HibsTv through YouTube or does it need be on a web page ??
This should be fun come Saturday

vuefrom1875
28-07-2020, 09:48 AM
Is Hibs TV castable (not sure if that’s a word) from a device to the TV?

Yes if you have a smart tv.click on screen mirroring on your mobile.

proud_and_green
28-07-2020, 09:56 AM
Must admit, it's starting to feel a bit unorganised considering no one has a log in yet and there has not been a proper test (and now there will not be one since we have no more games until Sat).

Fingers crossed but I'm losing a bit of faith now.I confess to not being too concerned. It is a fairly major piece of work to sort this I think and there will be a lot of moving parts to connect.
Patience, it'll be there.....i hope.... [emoji41]

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2020, 10:36 AM

Fingers crossed but I'm losing a bit of faith now.

Yeah - they must be confident to do this with little or no testing. Wonder what that’s based on?

Hibee Mac
28-07-2020, 10:42 AM
I confess to not being too concerned. It is a fairly major piece of work to sort this I think and there will be a lot of moving parts to connect.
Patience, it'll be there.....i hope.... [emoji41]

Sent from my G8441 using TapatalkI'm sharpening the pitch fork as we speak!!

the tornadoe
28-07-2020, 12:00 PM
All the Club need to do us post an update... let us all know everything is in hand and working perfectly !!

Hibby70
28-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Surely the log in will just be the same as the free Hibs Tv for season holders during lockdown. Name and client ref with password being client ref.

Stuart93
28-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Would’ve thought we’d had login details by now. Didn’t the club say last week there’d be a test event before Saturday?

Given there’s been issues for other clubs with it, it would be madness to go ahead on Saturday without any testing before hand.

The fallout from the stream going down on Saturday or people not getting logged in would be massive.

Green Cabbage 7
28-07-2020, 01:35 PM
I’ve just bought season ticket for me and my daughter, also awaiting login details, received an email today to buy a season ticket however. Anybody know what is going on?

Nakedmanoncrack
28-07-2020, 01:37 PM
Would’ve thought we’d had login details by now. Didn’t the club say last week there’d be a test event before Saturday?

Given there’s been issues for other clubs with it, it would be madness to go ahead on Saturday without any testing before hand.

The fallout from the stream going down on Saturday or people not getting logged in would be massive.

:agree:

This has got IT farce written all over it.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2020, 01:38 PM
I have had no notification email from the club regarding how to log on and beginning to wonder if I actually will.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 01:41 PM
As long as the details arrive before the game then I’m sure I’ll survive.

I don’t really know what people are expecting from a test event?

Are we really all going to log in to something live just see whether or not it works on that particular day?

Onceinawhile
28-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Surely the log in will just be the same as the free Hibs Tv for season holders during lockdown. Name and client ref with password being client ref.

Hope not, cause that didn't work for me last time.

G15 Hibs
28-07-2020, 01:51 PM

1) For those of us who aren't very confident with IT to be able to have a go and see if we can work it
2) To give us a wee bit of confidence that its actually going to work come Saturday

EDIT: The email that Hibs sent out last Wednesday mentioned a test event, which would indicate they thought it would be useful too.

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2020, 02:27 PM

Are we really all going to log in to something live just see whether or not it works on that particular day?

There are always issues with Hibs tv (posts on here most weeks) to have a big increase in folk logging on without testing even a fraction seems to be setting ourselves up for a fail. I don’t think any business would implement a change without testing it advance and hoping for the best?

Although I’ve already seen posts pre-emptively pointing the finger elsewhere already so probably doesn’t matter.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2020, 02:27 PM

You can understand the lack of faith given that technology and Hibs have a very recent history of failing, ticketing and turnstiles being a prime example.

One Day Soon
28-07-2020, 02:31 PM
FFS, still no login details. Heckingbottom out!

portyfelly
28-07-2020, 02:47 PM
You will receive an email from the club regarding Hibs TV by today or tomorrow. :flag:

Curried
28-07-2020, 03:01 PM
:agree:

This has got IT farce written all over it.

Agree with this.
As a HibsTV subscriber who has subscribed to the service since it begun, i'm seriously concerned about the server's ability to cope. Their service normally only carters for a couple of hundred OS fans, but come Saturday there will be literally thousands logging on and trying to watch the Killie game. I'm tipping some level of carnage.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 03:05 PM
FFS, still no login details. Heckingbottom out!

Game doesn’t start until 3pm on Saturday

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Game doesn’t start until 3pm on Saturday

Are you happy receiving the email, with no opportunity to login prior to 3pm on Saturday Billy?

ekhibee
28-07-2020, 03:12 PM
I have had no notification email from the club regarding how to log on and beginning to wonder if I actually will.

Me too. I know it's still 4 days till the actual game, but I hope the server(s) will be up to the sudden increase in viewers.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Are you happy receiving the email, with no opportunity to login prior to 3pm on Saturday Billy?

We’ll get it in a day or two, will only take 30 seconds or so to get on
I’m an annual subscriber to Hibs TV U.K., and it’s dead easy to log on

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Fingers crossed...

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 03:18 PM

I may have remembered incorrectly, but weren’t season ticket holders supposed to receive inside footage, interviews, replays etc through the week in the lead up to a game?

I may have just made that up but I’m sure I read that in one of the many press releases on the official site. If so then we should receive that this week on the lead up to our first game.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 03:43 PM
There are always issues with Hibs tv (posts on here most weeks) to have a big increase in folk logging on without testing even a fraction seems to be setting ourselves up for a fail. I don’t think any business would implement a change without testing it advance and hoping for the best?

Although I’ve already seen posts pre-emptively pointing the finger elsewhere already so probably doesn’t matter.

The provider can test it all it likes. It would be quite unusual for us all to have to log into something to make sure it works.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 03:57 PM
The provider can test it all it likes. It would be quite unusual for us all to have to log into something to make sure it works.

Unusual to have to log in? User testing should be done as a bare minimum in any project or upgrade. A load of Celtic fans couldn’t even log in, let alone experience any issues while logged in. I’ve no doubt hibs will be running a test event as they advised that they would be, the sooner the better for my liking though.

04Sauzee
28-07-2020, 04:11 PM

Were we not advised of a 'test event'

Andy74
28-07-2020, 04:11 PM
Unusual to have to log in? User testing should be done as a bare minimum in any project or upgrade. A load of Celtic fans couldn’t even log in, let alone experience any issues while logged in. I’ve no doubt hibs will be running a test event as they advised that they would be, the sooner the better for my liking though.

I’m not talking about user testing or all that stuff you would do as a provider.

As a subscriber I don’t expect to join some sort of mass live event to show that another live event in the future will work.

I’m aware Hibs said something on it but I read it more as an opportunity for people to go in and make sure they could log in themselves etc rather than 10k of us all logging in to some sort of test.

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2020, 04:14 PM

How many folk work for Hibs just now? I’d guess at not enough to do a test on a surge in usage? They’re going to rely on the users to test the system - wouldn’t be all of us - presumably that’s why they said they planned for a test event.

I can’t imagine any business making a change and not testing it with the users, particularly when there’s been issues with other companies implementing the same software.

hibbysam
28-07-2020, 04:21 PM
I’m not talking about user testing or all that stuff you would do as a provider.

As a subscriber I don’t expect to join some sort of mass live event to show that another live event in the future will work.

I’m aware Hibs said something on it but I read it more as an opportunity for people to go in and make sure they could log in themselves etc rather than 10k of us all logging in to some sort of test.

This is user testing. It is just that, the user (subscriber) testing it. Within my work I’d always get the person/team that is going to be using a certain piece of software to test that it works before going live with it. Part of that should be making sure logins work, the other side of it should be making sure the bandwidth will make it steady enough to view.

Andy74
28-07-2020, 04:31 PM
How many folk work for Hibs just now? I’d guess at not enough to do a test on a surge in usage? They’re going to rely on the users to test the system - wouldn’t be all of us - presumably that’s why they said they planned for a test event.

I can’t imagine any business making a change and not testing it with the users, particularly when there’s been issues with other companies implementing the same software.

Yes but that’s all done generally prior to launching anything and with a small group of testers.

What some people seem to be expecting is a live event where thousands of us are going to join to test it works.

They might, but I’d be surprised if that’s the expectation. Hibs TV isn’t a new product, it is surely up to the company providing Hibs to have the bandwidth to meet the bigger demand on the day.

St Pauli Hibee
28-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Just received my Log-In details via E-Mail

Oscar T Grouch
28-07-2020, 04:46 PM
That all seems pretty straight forward. Two separate logins for Hibs TV and the ST to view games. Tests will be Wed and Thursday 5-8pm to check all logins work.

green day
28-07-2020, 04:49 PM
That all seems pretty straight forward. Two separate logins for Hibs TV and the ST to view games. Tests will be Wed and Thursday 5-8pm to check all logins work.

And a very comprehensive set of FAQs as well :aok:

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 04:50 PM
Good news. I take then I could probably watch it on the TV through my PS4? Otherwise I'll just use my laptop.

Email received from Hibs 2 minutes ago - games consoles are not supported.

thebakerboy
28-07-2020, 04:50 PM
E-mail just dropped into inbox this minute , looks simple enough will try it out tomorrow night

GreenCastle
28-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Is the link in the email for Hibs pass live yet?

Tried it but didn't work :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
28-07-2020, 05:03 PM
No email here 🙄. Athough I didn’t receive one last week either.

green day
28-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Is the link in the email for Hibs pass live yet?

Tried it but didn't work :greengrin Its on 5-8 wed and thur to test out

Nakedmanoncrack
28-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Link doesn't work, thought it would at least lead to a holding page?

green day
28-07-2020, 05:06 PM

“I haven’t been receiving emails from Hibernian.”
It’s important for us to be able to get in touch with you, so it’s worth taking the time to make sure the information we have for you is up to date and that you’ve allowed yourself to receive emails from the club. You can do that by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide (http://communicatoremail.com/In/244481479/0/s12Y_IHid1uFB58Am_zOmo9QgOybRlhl61PPQEbsR_~/). If you have no luck with that, please contact the Ticket Office team via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and they’ll do their best to get you up and running.

St Pauli Hibee
28-07-2020, 05:06 PM

Double Check Your Junk Mail

Oscar T Grouch
28-07-2020, 05:07 PM

You better check your contact details with the club. You should have received an email last week and one today too.

MountcastleHibs
28-07-2020, 05:08 PM
It’s important for us to be able to get in touch with you, so it’s worth taking the time to make sure the information we have for you is up to date and that you’ve allowed yourself to receive emails from the club. You can do that by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide (http://communicatoremail.com/In/244481479/0/s12Y_IHid1uFB58Am_zOmo9QgOybRlhl61PPQEbsR_~/). If you have no luck with that, please contact the Ticket Office team via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and they’ll do their best to get you up and running.

Thanks for that. I’d checked my settings and details were up to date last week, so I’ll now email the ticket office!

MountcastleHibs
28-07-2020, 05:11 PM
You better check your contact details with the club. You should have received an email last week and one today too.

Yeah I’d done that last week, I’ve emailed them now. Cheers.

DaveF
28-07-2020, 05:11 PM
Got the screen share to my telly sorted so hopefully the test goes well tomorrow and will be all set for Saturday.

JohnMcM
28-07-2020, 05:16 PM

What is the client reference? Is it the reference number at the top of the ticket purchase confirmation email?

Forget that just re-read your post.

Gatecrasher
28-07-2020, 05:17 PM
server not found......:hilarious

Sean1875
28-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Just realised I didn’t have ‘Email’ selected which is why I didnt receive my TV login details. Amended now, does anyone know if thatll now trigger something on Hibs side to get my log in details sent through or will I still need to email the ticket office to advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
28-07-2020, 05:20 PM

Did they tell you to log on now?

Andy74
28-07-2020, 05:20 PM

It isn’t Wednesday yet.

Gatecrasher
28-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Did they tell you to log on now?

It isn’t Wednesday yet.

so you cant even check your log in works? :confused:

DaveF
28-07-2020, 05:23 PM

We check that on Wednesday and Thursday

Andy74

On Wednesday and Thursday you can.

B.H.F.C
We check that on Wednesday.

Or Thursday.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 05:25 PM
What is the client reference? Is it the reference number at the top of the ticket purchase confirmation email?

Forget that just re-read your post.

Client ref no is on your season ticket card

Gatecrasher
28-07-2020, 05:25 PM
We check that on Wednesday and Thursday

On Wednesday and Thursday you can.

thanks, i wouldnt have thought it would be difficult to have the log in screen up to check our account works. aw well will give it a shot tomorrow then.

.Sean.
28-07-2020, 05:28 PM
I’m clicking the link in my email and it’s saying safari can’t find the server 😂😂😂😂😂😂 amateur hour as per usual, hibs and technology just do not go

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 05:28 PM
I’m clicking the link in my email and it’s saying safari can’t find the server 😂😂😂😂😂😂 amateur hour as per usual, hibs and technology just do not go

Read above

Iggy Pope
28-07-2020, 05:30 PM

Not called Gatecrasher for nowt!

Iggy Pope
28-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Hmmmm.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-07-2020, 05:32 PM
thanks, i wouldnt have thought it would be difficult to have the log in screen up to check our account works. aw well will give it a shot tomorrow then.

Even if not able to log in at this stage I would have expected the webpage to be there.

JohnMcM
28-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Client ref no is on your season ticket card

Thanks Billy. I only have the confirmation email at the moment. Guess the ST will follow soon.

green day
28-07-2020, 05:33 PM

Hibs are putting up a log in test Wednesday and Thursday, which makes sense as many people will fail at the first hurdle of logging in - either due to user or system error.

If it just opened up a splash screen you can guarantee that loads of people wouldnt check theri log in til 2.55 on Saturday.

When people have an issue, they should check the FAQs then (hopefully) successfully log in, save the website as a favourite ahead of Saturday and Bobs your Uncle.

Or, if there is a problem, make contact in the way described in the email.

BoomtownHibees
28-07-2020, 05:34 PM
Thanks Billy. I only have the confirmation email at the moment. Guess the ST will follow soon.

It’s also on the email regarding how to watch the game on Saturday beside “Reference Number”

green day
28-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Dont you already have a Client Ref No when you log into Eticketing?

Same one.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 05:38 PM

If you log on to the Hibs Ticket website, click on account, your client ref no is under your name

JohnMcM
28-07-2020, 05:41 PM
It’s also on the email regarding how to watch the game on Saturday beside “Reference Number”

I haven't had that email yet. Only purchased today. Thanks for your answer.

JohnMcM
28-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Dont you already have a Client Ref No when you log into Eticketing?

Same one.

Thanks.

JohnMcM
28-07-2020, 05:43 PM
If you log on to the Hibs Ticket website, click on account, your client ref no is under your name

Seen it now.

Thanks again.

oldbutdim
28-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Yeah I’d done that last week, I’ve emailed them now. Cheers.

Are you a btinternet email address?

Since90+2
28-07-2020, 05:44 PM
So the username is ie JohnSmith12345? All together and no spaces ect?

Edit - ignore. Ive just read it again John-Smith-12345

Iggy Pope
28-07-2020, 05:47 PM
I haven't had that email yet. Only purchased today. Thanks for your answer.

I love reading about more ST holders. Great stuff You’ll have a client reference somewhere though JMcM. That’s some scarf by the way. .

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2020, 05:58 PM

My contact details are all correct, I have received nothing and can’t remember the last time I received a club email.

matty_f
28-07-2020, 06:01 PM

You're lucky that's quite an easy one to remember.

matty_f
28-07-2020, 06:03 PM
I know they're saying that consoles aren't supported but I wonder if that means that it specifically won't work on the consoles, or that they can't guarantee that it'll work and have no workaround for it... Xbox just uses a version of the Edge browser, so would have hoped it would work. That said, the existing Hibs TV crashes my Xbox browser whenever I try to log in, so maybe that's too simplistic a way of looking at it!

The 90+2
28-07-2020, 06:10 PM
I know they're saying that consoles aren't supported but I wonder if that means that it specifically won't work on the consoles, or that they can't guarantee that it'll work and have no workaround for it... Xbox just uses a version of the Edge browser, so would have hoped it would work. That said, the existing Hibs TV crashes my Xbox browser whenever I try to log in, so maybe that's too simplistic a way of looking at it!
They won’t be working in partnership with any apps or consoles mate so they can’t guarantee or give any specific support mate.

Brightside
28-07-2020, 06:11 PM

You’re the guy that fecks up all the IT tests. 😂😂

ekhibee
28-07-2020, 06:11 PM
My contact details are all correct, I have received nothing and can’t remember the last time I received a club email.

I never received anything last week either but received one today in my junk mail a couple of hours ago. Check your junk mail maybe?

Here's the link you'll need anyway:

www.hibspass.com

You'll not be able to use it till tomorrow though, that's when they're doing the test, between 5pm and 8pm I think. They're doing the test on Thurs at the same time too.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2020, 06:14 PM
I never received anything last week either but received one today in my junk mail a couple of hours ago. Check your junk mail maybe?

Here's the link you'll need anyway:

www.hibspass.com

You'll not be able to use it till tomorrow though, that's when they're doing the test, between 5pm and 8pm I think. They're doing the test on Thurs at the same time too.

Cheers for the link, it’s not in my junk either.

Eyrie
28-07-2020, 06:19 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried clicking on the link.

Petrie! :grr:

Brightside
28-07-2020, 06:19 PM

Check you have clicked the Recieve emails check box in your User details.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2020, 06:21 PM
My old man buys two tickets and I give him money for one of them.

He has a hibs membership but I tried to activate the other and it says there is an active one despite it never having been used.

Been trying to call ticket office for days but it just cuts off. Also never received an email, not has my old man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keith_M
28-07-2020, 06:24 PM

I've just sent you a PM

MountcastleHibs
28-07-2020, 06:24 PM

I’m exactly the same. Couldn’t tell you when I last received an email and when I went on to check last week, the email box was ticked. Very strange.

lenny leith
28-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Why can’t I get into www.hibspass.com Virgin says nothing

RoYO!
28-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Just to add my 2bits.

Even if you reckon your internet speed at home is alright, or even fast, I would absolutely recommend hardwiring for internet. (As stated in hibs'email) Much more stable and stronger signal.

Either buy a long ethernet cable and trail this around your house- plug into router, plug into laptop, or buy some home-plugs, which basically turn the wiring ring in your house into internet signal carriers.

Set up is:

Router- short ethernet cable- home plug

To

Home plug - short ethernet cable- computer/laptop.

Home plugs will almost certainly come with short ethernet cables too.

Good to see hibs doing a build up show pre match too. This will absolutely help and should really help with the overall production value.

Keith_M
28-07-2020, 06:33 PM
Why can’t I get into www.hibspass.com (http://www.hibspass.com) Virgin says nothing

They haven't switched it on yet

lenny leith
28-07-2020, 06:39 PM
They haven't switched it on yet

Thanks. Just an old f**t like me.

Silversand
28-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Edit - ignore. Ive just read it again John-Smith-12345Not quite right, it should all be lower case:

john-smith-12345

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Andy74
28-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Good job they took the trouble to write those FAQs.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 06:58 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gatecrasher
28-07-2020, 07:13 PM
You’re the guy that fecks up all the IT tests. 😂😂

They sent us a link and password, what else do they expect :greengrin

jeffers
28-07-2020, 07:28 PM
So if I read the email correctly it's not being shown via Hibs TV (as in the Hibs TV website.) Wonder if that means if all the clubs bar Celtic will work in the same way and it will stop matches being shown on IPTV ?

Juniper Greens
28-07-2020, 07:31 PM
So if I read the email correctly it's not being shown via Hibs TV (as in the Hibs TV website.) Wonder if that means if all the clubs bar Celtic will work in the same way and it will stop matches being shown on IPTV ?

The Celtic game on Monday used a similar setup too (it was on a website called celticpass rather than Celtic TV)

B.H.F.C
28-07-2020, 07:32 PM

Guessing international subscribers will view in the usual way and IPTV might pick up from there?

Wee Scottie Dug
28-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Not quite right, it should all be lower case:

john-smith-12345

good spot Scott - we’ll make an engineer out of you yet 😂

jeffers
28-07-2020, 07:36 PM
The Celtic game on Monday used a similar setup too (it was on a website called celticpass rather than Celtic TV)

Ah right cheers. That's good news.

erin go bragh
28-07-2020, 07:42 PM
The last email the club sent me was Saturday. Saying season’s greetings but I’ve not yet received this one . Checked my junk but it only had the one from sat .

Silversand
28-07-2020, 07:50 PM
good spot Scott - we’ll make an engineer out of you yet [emoji23][emoji16][emoji1787]

DTS
28-07-2020, 07:54 PM
So despite the fact I’m a season ticket holder as I am on holiday currently I need to purchase a hibs TV international subscription. Excellent

marinello59
28-07-2020, 07:58 PM
So despite the fact I’m a season ticket holder as I am on holiday currently I need to purchase a hibs TV international subscription. Excellent

To be fair you wouldn’t be able to see the game in normal times without paying for a hibs tv subscription when you are on holiday. I know it’s not ideal but you can see why the club has to restrict it to UK only.

Stuart93
28-07-2020, 08:03 PM

Come on eh, what are you wanting the club to do in that situation?

If we were allowed into Easter road you’d miss the game anyway?

Ken the club don’t always do right but that’s a stretch trying to blame them for that

04Sauzee
28-07-2020, 08:08 PM

Technology and who don't go 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
28-07-2020, 08:11 PM

If I was you, I’d click on the support button on Hibs TV, and ask the question, or email
support@hibernianfc.co.uk
They are really good at getting back to you
Good luck

DTS
28-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Come on eh, what are you wanting the club to do in that situation?

If we were allowed into Easter road you’d miss the game anyway?

Ken the club don’t always do right but that’s a stretch trying to blame them for that

I didn’t blame the club not once, however I don’t think a normal situation should be compared, normally you couldn’t live stream from your home, it’s disappointing to need to pay more but I will. I just didn’t really think/envisage not being able to log on with my personal ST details.

malcolm
28-07-2020, 08:30 PM
I didn’t blame the club not once, however I don’t think a normal situation should be compared, normally you couldn’t live stream from your home, it’s disappointing to need to pay more but I will. I just didn’t really think/envisage not being able to log on with my personal ST details.

I used to be able to watch when on holiday and actually overseas using my UK subscription (If I got up in time) but all those folk that were using VPN’s in the UK to spoof that they were overseas and watch the games using a domestic subscription spoiled it for anyone genuinely on holiday abroad.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 09:29 PM
If I was you, I’d click on the support button on Hibs TV, and ask the question, or email
support@hibernianfc.co.uk
They are really good at getting back to you
Good luck

They've already covered this in the FAQs that were sent out tonight. The season ticket access is only available if you're based in the UK or Republic of Ireland. If you're elsewhere in the world you will need to subscribe to Hibs TV international.

wookie70
28-07-2020, 09:48 PM
What is the season ticket reference number. Is that printed on the season ticket or an email or just my client number.

Eyrie
28-07-2020, 09:58 PM
What is the season ticket reference number. Is that printed on the season ticket or an email or just my client number.

Yes, yes and yes.

It's printed on your season ticket, included in the email and is your client number.

Jamesie
28-07-2020, 10:04 PM
Just to add my 2bits.

Even if you reckon your internet speed at home is alright, or even fast, I would absolutely recommend hardwiring for internet. (As stated in hibs'email) Much more stable and stronger signal.

Either buy a long ethernet cable and trail this around your house- plug into router, plug into laptop, or buy some home-plugs, which basically turn the wiring ring in your house into internet signal carriers.

Set up is:

Router- short ethernet cable- home plug

To

Home plug - short ethernet cable- computer/laptop.

Home plugs will almost certainly come with short ethernet cables too.

Good to see hibs doing a build up show pre match too. This will absolutely help and should really help with the overall production value.

Would thoroughly recommend hardwiring too. I run three white, flat, 10 metre Ethernet cables along my skirting board from my router to my TV, Sky Q box and A/V receiver. The fourth did go to my PS4 but now goes into a switch to allow me to hardwire my PS4, Hue Sync and HD Blu Ray boxes.

wookie70
28-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Yes, yes and yes.

It's printed on your season ticket, included in the email and is your client number.

Cheers, my ref is 6 digits so it looked too long given they used the example 12345. Saves me looking for my season tickets

oneone73
28-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Cheers, my ref is 6 digits so it looked too long given they used the example 12345. Saves me looking for my season tickets

You drop the first zero if there is one

Peevemor
28-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Would thoroughly recommend hardwiring too. I run three white, flat, 10 metre Ethernet cables along my skirting board from my router to my TV, Sky Q box and A/V receiver. The fourth did go to my PS4 but now goes into a switch to allow me to hardwire my PS4, Hue Sync and HD Blu Ray boxes.Hardwiring is obviously the surest way, but before anyone panics, most of the time I have no problem on the Wi-Fi in the house. Even 4G on my mobile works fine if I'm out.

wookie70
28-07-2020, 10:39 PM
You drop the first zero if there is one There isn't. I'll try it for the test tomorrow and worry about it if it doesn't work.

tamig
28-07-2020, 10:53 PM

All lower case though according to the instructions.

tamig
28-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Indeed. Seem to be going down a storm with some of the esteemed users on here.

TheGog
29-07-2020, 02:40 AM
How are pubs going to be able to show the game on several tvs if you can only log in once, im i being stupid or im i missing something?

overdrive
29-07-2020, 04:24 AM
How are pubs going to be able to show the game on several tvs if you can only log in once, im i being stupid or im i missing something?

The pubs aren’t meant to be showing the game

hibbysam
29-07-2020, 07:21 AM

Pubs won’t be showing the game, however if they were they would just be mirroring TV’s. Would only be logged in on one device but connected to multiple TV’s.

big-mo
29-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Is anyone else getting an 'We can’t connect to the server at www.hibspass.com.' when trying to connect to the HIBSPASS.com website, or is just me?

04Sauzee
29-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Is anyone else getting an 'We can’t connect to the server at www.hibspass.com.' when trying to connect to the HIBSPASS.com website, or is just me?

It's not active yet, testing tonight and Thursday night

Hiber-nation
29-07-2020, 07:48 AM

The service doesn't start till 5pm....it's in the instructions.

JohnMcM
29-07-2020, 08:23 AM
I love reading about more ST holders. Great stuff You’ll have a client reference somewhere though JMcM. That’s some scarf by the way. .

That scarf was bought 1964/65 season.

Brightside
29-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Like almost nobody reads the instructions eh. What a nightmare for the guys trying to implement this. Most of their time will be spent dealing with issues that are nothing to do with the tech.

green day
29-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Like almost nobody reads the instructions eh. What a nightmare for the guys trying to implement this. Most of their time will be spent dealing with issues that are nothing to do with the tech.

Yep, as i said upthread if they didnt ask people to test their login today/tomorrow, you can guarantee a flood of people with issues at 2.55 on Saturday..................be the same people that leave the pub at 2.55 and get annoyed theres a queue at the turnstile.

big-mo
29-07-2020, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I should have read the email better, I only got a copy of one, I am still waiting on my own one, I have contacted the club but no reply yet.

overdrive
29-07-2020, 08:51 AM

Although I tend to agree, the email didn't make it obvious that you couldn't visit the website before the test. I don't think it actually explained what the test is testing either. Clearer language in the email and a simple holding page explaining the situation would have helped.

big-mo
29-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Thanks, I should have read the email better, I only got a copy of one, I am still waiting on my own one, I have contacted the club but no reply yet.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2020, 09:25 AM

I'm just looking forward to the messages from folk on Saturday complaining that the pat-stanton username they were emailed doesn't work, nor does their client reference number of 12345. :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
29-07-2020, 09:31 AM
I'm just looking forward to the messages from folk on Saturday complaining that the pat-stanton username they were emailed doesn't work, nor does their client reference number of 12345. :greengrin

I saw on Twitter KP had tweeted with a mixed example, he has pat-stanton-yourclientnumber, it should really have been pat-stanton-12345 or firstname-surname-clientref, it'll all end in tears I tell ya :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2020, 09:31 AM

I’m just looking forward to an email from Hibs.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2020, 09:41 AM
I’m just looking forward to an email from Hibs.

Sorry I heard any emails to ilovestevieg@gmail.com are automatically blocked by Hibs' email servers. 😂

Coco Bryce
29-07-2020, 09:44 AM
The pubs aren’t meant to be showing the game

They will have IPTV streams like they've always used.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2020, 09:44 AM
Sorry I heard any emails to ilovestevieg@gmail.com are automatically blocked by Hibs' email servers. 😂

Changed it when he moved to Rangers to: SlippyGcanwalkalone@btinternet.com

Juniper Greens
29-07-2020, 09:46 AM

But does it count as having been sent, or can Hibs send him a different email second time around??

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 09:48 AM
Although I tend to agree, the email didn't make it obvious that you couldn't visit the website before the test. I don't think it actually explained what the test is testing either. Clearer language in the email and a simple holding page explaining the situation would have helped.

I think they should have done that as well. They could have added the date and time of the log-in test.

I realise people will say ''should have read the instructions', but anybody that develops Websites or Desktop Apps knows that just doesn't happen, so uses the 'Belt and Braces' approach.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2020, 10:05 AM

:greengrin That should have worked then.

ancient hibee
29-07-2020, 10:38 AM
I think they should have done that as well. They could have added the date and time of the log-in test.

I realise people will say ''should have read the instructions', but anybody that develops Websites or Desktop Apps knows that just doesn't happen, so uses the 'Belt and Braces' approach.

Well my email certainly included date ,time and
reason?

nonshinyfinish
29-07-2020, 10:40 AM
Well my email certainly included date ,time and
reason?

He's saying Hibs should have put up a holding page including that information, for those who didn't read it in the email but just clicked the link.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2020, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure if you have already managed to get this from elsewhere but this is a full copy of the email I received yesterday;

Here is all you need to know about how to login for The Match on Saturday.
URL: www.hibspass.com
Reference Number:*xxxxx

www.hibspass.com will be your exclusive platform for live matchday coverage, so it’s worth bookmarking the page.

The log-in username will be first name-surname-season ticket reference number – for example, pat-stanton-12345 (all lower case).

The password will be the reference number – for example, 12345.

HIBS TV UPDATE | FAQS

On Saturday we play host to Kilmarnock in the opening game of the 2020-21 season.
We know thousands of you will be looking forward to tuning in to cheer on Jack Ross and the squad via our revamped Hibs TV packages.*
It’ll be a new experience for many of you, so we want to try and make it as simple as possible for all concerned.*

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Season ticket holders will receive a log-in for ‘Hibs Pass’ – giving you access to live coverage of all our Scottish Premiership games at Easter Road, including those being screened on Sky Sports.
You will receive a second, different log-in for Hibs TV, so you can enjoy your exclusive behind-the-scenes content and archive footage and we will be in touch with that in the near future.
There’s still time to sign up for your season ticket and you can find out more about our range of packages, including the finance option, here.

HIBS TV DOMESTIC SUBSCRIBERS

Domestic Hibs TV subscribers will be able to enjoy live audio coverage from our commentary team of Cliff Pike and Tam McManus.
You’ll be able to watch the full match replay back at a time that suits and enjoy the rest of our Hibs TV content.

HIBS TV INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIBERS

International Hibs TV subscribers will now have access to every game in the Scottish Premiership thanks to our new partnership with QTV – in addition to the normal Hibs TV offerings.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FAQ

“How will I log in to watch games?”

Season ticket holders should head to www.hibspass.com – which will be your exclusive platform for live matchday coverage, so it’s worth bookmarking the page.
The log-in username will be first name-surname-season ticket reference number – for example, pat-stanton-12345 (all lower case).
The password will be the reference number – for example, 12345.

“Can I test this out in advance?”

We’ll be running sign-in testing sessions from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday so, if you can, it’s important that you give it a go so that we can identify and tackle any issues.

“Will my log-in details stay the same for every match?”

Yes, your details will remain the same throughout the season and cannot be changed, so make sure you keep them safe and private.*

“Can I share my log-in details?”

No, please do not share your log-in details. Like a normal season ticket, it’s non-transferable. Passing it on to other could impact on your own ability to see the games.

“We have more than one season ticket holder under the one roof. Will we all get individual log-ins?”

Yes, individual log-ins will be issued to each season ticket holder, with your own individual reference.

“Can I access the live broadcast on more than one device at the same time?”

No, you can’t watch on more than one device at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged in on another, you will automatically be logged out of the first device. Likewise, if you share your details and someone tries to login at the same time as you, it will end your live broadcast.

“What devices will this work on?”

Desktop computers and laptops with an up to date browser and JavaScript enabled. Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox are recommended although other browsers may work but are unsupported. For Apple iPads and iPhones, you must have iOS 11.3 or higher installed and you must use Safari to watch the game on Apple devices. The coverage will also work on most modern and up to date Android devices, including tablets, smartphones and most Smart TVs.

“Can I watch it as a TV channel?”

No, our coverage is not available through Freeview, cable or satellite TV channel in the UK or any other country.

“Can I screenshare the game to my Smart TV?”

Yes, you should be able to screenshare to compatible Smart TVs using an app such as Chromecast or Apple Airplay.

“I cannot see anything on my Smart TV?”

Most TV manufacturers develop their own browsers and a number may not compatible with mpeg dash, which is used for live streaming. It may be that your TV is not compatible. If you have a laptop, you could connect this to your TV via an HDMI cable.

“I can’t get the contact box or log-in box off the screen on my Smart TV?”

Please make the screen full size and the pop up will disappear. If this does not work, please log-in at half screen and then click on full screen.

“What devices are not supported?”

We do not support gaming consoles, including X-Boxes and Playstations.

“Does the strength of my internet connection make a difference?”

The quality of the live broadcast stream will be dependent on the bandwidth and speed of your internet connection. For the best possible experience we recommend using an internet speed of at least 5Mbps (please check with your internet provider). It can help to close other tabs, browsers, and programs while streaming your content. It may also help to hardwire your internet connection, instead of using a wireless network connection.

“How can I make sure I’m set up for streaming?”

Some corporate networks, firewalls and ad-blocking software may prevent the live broadcast from displaying. Please check with your network administrator. Disable any ad-blocking software and you may need to configure your anti-virus software. You must be using a browser that has JavaScript enabled (most have this as a default).

“I cannot get my casting to work?”

Are you casting via the same network or are you using 4G on one device and WIFI on the other? If so, you need to be on the same network. Please also check that you have the casting sign on your device. If you do not have this then you will not be able to cast to the other device.

“I’m getting ‘Invalid Credentials’ when I log-in. Why?”

Please enter the details manually as a copy and paste may add a space which will give Invalid Credentials.

“I’m getting an error code. What do I do next?”

Please clear your cache and cookies and log-in again. The video player may not have loaded correctly. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to change to another browser.

“Can I use a VPN to stream the broadcast?”

No. Please ensure that you are not using a Virtual Private Network or proxies as this can cause the Live Broadcast stream to not function. Due to restrictions placed on the club by the relevant rights holders, your access is geo-blocked and only accessible work within the UK and Ireland. If you live outside of the UK & Ireland the best way to watch the games is to subscribe to the Hibs TV international package.

“When does your pre-match programme start?”
Our new pre-match show, hosted by experienced broadcaster David Tanner, starts half an hour before kick-off and we’d ask you to log in as early as you can to reduce the risk of overwhelming the server.*

ANYTHING ELSE?

“I have a Hibs TV-related question. Where should I go for an answer?”

The best and quickest way to have any question answered is to email support@hibernianfc.co.uk, which takes you straight to the support team at our Hibs TV technical partner, Stream Digital. Any questions asked via our social media channels will be directed there so, to save time, it’s best to go to the address above.

It’s important for us to be able to get in touch with you, so it’s worth taking the time to make sure the information we have for you is up to date and that you’ve allowed yourself to receive emails from the club. You can do that by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide. If you have no luck with that, please contact the Ticket Office team via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and they’ll do their best to get you up and running.

happiehibbie
29-07-2020, 10:53 AM
why don't they just launch an app on Google Play for example. use the login details and boom your on.

overdrive
29-07-2020, 11:31 AM
They will have IPTV streams like they've always used.

Yeah but the person I quoted used the example of a pub having a season ticket in order to show it and referenced them getting kicked out as soon as they tried to sign-in on multiple devices/TVs. They aren't supposed to be using the season ticket holder access to show the games in the pub

green day
29-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Killie have told their fans today that their equivalent has a test day on 4th August when they can access the site and test their logins (same format as ours).

Perhaps the stream digital website for each club is only up at game times hence why Hibs and Kille are offering ST holders test access to it at specific times?

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:35 AM
why don't they just launch an app on Google Play for example. use the login details and boom your on.

Probably because it would be more complicated and restrict the number of people that could use it.

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Killie have told their fans today that their equivalent has a test day on 4th August when they can access the site and test their logins (same format as ours).

Perhaps the stream digital website for each club is only up at game times hence why Hibs and Kille are offering ST holders test access to it at specific times?

Each club has a different URL, with the club's name in it. It wouldn't be too complicated to redirect to a static page based on which URL someone tried to access on non game days.

Obviously, this isn't essential to the service working, and it's way down the priority list, but it might have been a good idea for at least the first week.

Beefster
29-07-2020, 11:44 AM

It’s just more expense, time, testing and they’d need any app to work on at least two OS. Then they need to support them, deal with bugs, have to submit to Apple / Google for review and lots of other ballaches that developing apps would bring.

Folk are being asked to use the login details on a website. I don’t see how an app is any easier to use tbh.

green day
29-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Each club has a different URL, with the club's name in it. It wouldn't be too complicated to redirect to a static page based on which URL someone tried to access on non game days.

Obviously, this isn't essential to the service working, and it's way down the priority list, but it might have been a good idea for at least the first week.

I understand all of that, but the point seems to be that both clubs are only opening up the test site on a specific day - my take is that this is to force user test of the login and avoid some people logging on immediately before the match and clogging up the help desk with the kind of stupid (and already answered) questions we have already seen on here X 100.

Personally I would have added a line saying the site wont be live til test time, but apart from that none of this is particularly difficult to grasp.

Peevemor
29-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Because Google would stock all our tactics to sell on to someone else at a later date.

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:49 AM
I understand all of that, but the point seems to be that both clubs are only opening up the test site on a specific day - my take is that this is to force user test of the login and avoid some people logging on immediately before the match and clogging up the help desk with the kind of stupid (and already answered) questions we have already seen on here X 100.

Personally I would have added a line saying the site wont be live til test time, but apart from that none of this is particularly difficult to grasp.

I agree with absolutely everything you posted but my final comment on the matter is my motto as a Software Developer...

Never Underestimate The Ingenuity Of An Idiot

;-)

Danderhall Hibs
29-07-2020, 11:56 AM
I agree with absolutely everything you posted but my final comment on the matter is my motto as a Software Developer...

Never Underestimate The Ingenuity Of An Idiot

;-)

It’s all very well criticising others for being “idiots” - in fact it’s a favourite pass time of mine but based on the number of folk asking “silly” questions it would seem the comms didn’t quite hit the mark.

Maybe a simple - “what do you need to do, “how do you do it” and “when do you do it” would’ve been more straightforward? A wordy communication isn’t always ideal.

JohnMcM
29-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Because Google would stock all our tactics to sell on to someone else at a later date.

I wonder how many clubs will buy other clubs' season tickets so they can watch their opponents tactics on a weekly basis:greengrin.

Hibee Mac
29-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Jeezo, if most people spent the same amount of time actually reading the email as they have coming on here and moaning about it then they wouldn't have anything to moan about!!

Edinburgh Green
29-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Has anyone had a reply from the ticket office about them not receiving the log in email?

WhileTheChief..
29-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Not received an email and the hibspass website cannot be found.

I’ve read the full FAQ on the website but still can’t figure it out!

Just realised the hibspass website doesn’t go live until 5pm today.

JohnMcM
29-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Has anyone had a reply from the ticket office about them not receiving the log in email?

Yes. I emailed both the ticket and support addresses this morning. Answer was back within the hour with all the info needed.

I found it all clear and easy to understand.

HibbyAndy
29-07-2020, 02:13 PM

I clicked on that link and was redirected to an Aberdeen page !

stalbanshibby
29-07-2020, 03:40 PM
I clicked on that link and was redirected to an Aberdeen page !

Yeah. I am. I'm waiting for the testing slot at 5pm this evening before I get worried. I'm assuming that it's just a glitch.

bringbackbenny
29-07-2020, 03:59 PM
jumped the gun, test worked great for me. 4 links all good, varying resolutions and frame rates.

Stuart93
29-07-2020, 04:01 PM
Yep mines also working. Just tried on my phone. Resolution not great but I assumed that was the video as oppose to my phones fault. Could be wrong.

BlackSheep
29-07-2020, 04:01 PM
yup can't access the site....

Callum7
29-07-2020, 04:02 PM

Neither...

calumhibee1
29-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Anyone else getting a message saying page cannot be found?

stalbanshibby
29-07-2020, 04:03 PM

me neither - just tried - can't find the server. Anyone got any suggestions???

GreenCastle
Can't access on Virgin Media - hope I'm not missing an early Boyle goal.

bringbackbenny
remember you have to remove the leading zero from client ref. both logon and password

MagicSwirlingShip
29-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Test passed on Google Chrome with Sky Broadband

CapitalGreen
If your client ref has a zero at the start you may need to drop the zero from your username. That’s what worked for me.

eg

Instead of john-smith-012345

Use john-smith-12345

Also need to drop the zero at the start from the password

Stuart93
Test passed on Google Chrome with Sky Broadband

Mines worked with safari also sky broadband

Oscar T Grouch
29-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Well nae problems there then, took a few seconds for the quality to pick up but then it looked fine. Hope everyone else gets on okay :thumbsup:

BoyledEgg

Same

BlackSheep
Not working on Virgin it seems

hibee
29-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Server not found error for me.

JohnM1875
Not working with Virgin Media. Class.

bringbackbenny
Not working on Virgin it seems

weird, working for me Virgin broadband in Fife

givescotlandfreedom

No luck on virgin media either.

calumhibee1
Anyone who’s works able to copy their web link here so others can try? The link in email and when I try to type it in isn’t working for me.

skyehibee
I had it working before 5. But just tried again now and it’s not working

Big_Franck
29-07-2020, 04:07 PM
The page doesn't even load for me. Tried it numerous times. Not a great start.

CapitalGreen
Anyone who’s works able to copy their web link here so others can try? The link in email and when I try to type it in isn’t working for me.

www.hibspass.com

mvteng

I'm Virgin Media as well. says servers ip address could not be found???

BlackSheep
29-07-2020, 04:08 PM
And this is why we test lololololol!

AFKA5814_Hibs
Doesn't work on my wifi with Virgin but does work on my phone using 4G.

bringbackbenny

https://www.hibspass.com/login

Ellahappyhibee
Mines worked with safari also sky broadband

Unable to get to website on Chrome or edge, tried repeatedly since 5pm, my internet connection is good

kevo1875
29-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Don't work with virgin wifi or mobile

St Pauli Hibee
29-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Unable to get to website on Chrome or edge, tried repeatedly since 5pm, my internet connection is good

Exactly the same with me, not the best of starts. Just shows page cannot be found.

stalbanshibby
Doesn't work on my wifi with Virgin but does work on my phone using 4G.

I'm on BT with Safari. getting server not found message. Cleared my cache - same issue. Will restart MAC and see if that makes a difference

GreenCastle
Anyone emailed Hibs about the issue?

Tried on 4G and Virgin wifi and not working.

givescotlandfreedom
29-07-2020, 04:11 PM

18Craig75
Works on my phone fine, but not on my iMac using Talk Talk broadband.

Frank Moon
Not working on my laptop or my IPhone. Must have crashed

overdrive
I’m with Virgin Media and it worked fine on my iPhone. About to test on my Firestick and laptop

BlackSheep
Not working for me on EE 4G.....

calumhibee1

Exactly what I get but I’m on talktalk

Stuart93
29-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Not working trying it directly through my Samsung Smart TV. Was hoping to avoid having to connect my laptop to my tele

GreenCastle
29-07-2020, 04:13 PM

Yup - this is what I'm getting.

we are hibs
Getting some DNS thing. Also on virgin media

Big_Franck
https://www.hibspass.com/login

Cheers for posting that. I've tried it on chrome and another browser and that doesn't work for me either though. I just get the message on the attached image.

bringbackbenny
perhaps the url hasn't propagated to all ISP's yet? (I'm no expert though!)

would rebooting routers help?

Sir David Gray
Site can't be reached - Sky Broadband.

hibee
29-07-2020, 04:14 PM
I’ve tried using my WiFi and 4g, page just doesn’t load to even try and login.

Berwickhibby
Not working on my laptop or iPad "This site can't be reached" message ...not a great start

stalbanshibby
Getting some DNS thing. Also on virgin media

Hope the guys who're monitoring the tests are watching this thread

Cod Boy
29-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Always going to be problems with this and little time to get it sorted.