PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: COMING SOON | REVAMPED HIBS TV!

RSS Bot
23-07-2020, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10683)

MagicSwirlingShip
23-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Viva Le Pike!

HendoDelivered
23-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Getting David Tanner onboard is a real coup by Hibs.

Up The Bracket
23-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Still nothing about away games?

JimBHibees
23-07-2020, 10:15 AM
Or non season ticket holders paying for games

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Or non season ticket holders paying for games

Think that’s a marketing ploy. Announce that now and no one will buy a ST. I’d imagine that’ll be announced as close to the first game as possible.

Brightside
23-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Think that’s a marketing ploy. Announce that now and no one will buy a ST. I’d imagine that’ll be announced as close to the first game as possible.

But then you lose one of the main reasons for an ST now.

BlackSheep
23-07-2020, 10:21 AM
Still nothing about away games?

It says international subscribers will have access to ALL stadiums.

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 10:22 AM
But then you lose one of the main reasons for an ST now.

What’s that? Season ticket holders get to watch every game ‘free’ - it’s no different to having a PATG option when the stadium is open.

greenlad
23-07-2020, 10:23 AM

But season ticket holders, paying a lot more, don't?

Doesn't add up, or seem fair if that's the case.

Up The Bracket

Unfortunately most supporters aren’t lucky enough to live abroad

The 90+2

I hope he isn’t as restrained as he was on SKY as he’s actually quite funny.

Andy74
23-07-2020, 10:24 AM
But season ticket holders, paying a lot more, don't?

Doesn't add up, or seem fair if that's the case.

That’s always been the case though although not as many games were available.

Season tickets are for home marches so it isn’t really an issue.

Up The Bracket
23-07-2020, 10:28 AM
That’s always been the case though although not as many games were available.

Season tickets are for home marches so it isn’t really an issue.

Yes but before we had the option to attend away games, it’d be nice to get some clarity on whether we’ll get to pay per view or what the situation will be or even something in the statement saying that we’ll hear in the coming days rather than radio silence.

California-Hibs
23-07-2020, 10:29 AM
David Tanner is brilliant. That's a big coup by Hibs there!

Diclonius
23-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately most supporters aren’t lucky enough to live abroad

There are ways to pretend your computer is abroad.

Since452
23-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Getting someone in as good as Tanner is a real coup. I've never bothered with Hibs TV before but think I'll take the plunge

Andy74
23-07-2020, 10:32 AM
There are ways to pretend your computer is abroad.

This is likely to be cheaper than pay per view for away games and the money goes to Hibs.

Waxy
23-07-2020, 10:34 AM
How much should Hibs charge for pay per view option? I’d say it would have to be near the price of a match ticket.

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 10:38 AM
How much should Hibs charge for pay per view option? I’d say it would have to be near the price of a match ticket.

I would think so - given what ST holders have shelled out.

Brightside
23-07-2020, 10:42 AM
What’s that? Season ticket holders get to watch every game ‘free’ - it’s no different to having a PATG option when the stadium is open.

But we are trying to sell more STs. If a core benefit is watching these games whilst "walk ups" can't its difficult to remove that USP

Daniel 1875
23-07-2020, 10:42 AM
The showing of away games to UK fans is an issue for the SPFL and Sky Sports I’d imagine. At the moment Hibs are only allowed to show home matches to domestic ST holders and home/away matches to international Hibs TV subscribers so they’ve acted on that.

Fingers crossed the clubs, Sky and the SPFL can come to an agreement to allow UK fans to watch matches on a PPV basis. It would be a additional revenue stream for all clubs so sure it’s high on he agenda.

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 10:45 AM
But we are trying to sell more STs. If a core benefit is watching these games whilst "walk ups" can't its difficult to remove that USP

Nobody has said walk ups can’t though? It’s never been part of our marketing, just that having a season ticket guarantees you the ability to watch all home games.

Juniper Greens
23-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Nobody has said walk ups can’t though? It’s never been part of our marketing, just that having a season ticket guarantees you the ability to watch all home games.

People are really missing the point that this is out of Hibs hands at the moment. Hibs are only allowed c13,000 domestic streams to each game, under the terms sky have laid out.

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 11:04 AM
People are really missing the point that this is out of Hibs hands at the moment. Hibs are only allowed c13,000 domestic streams to each game, under the terms sky have laid out.

Again, that hasn’t been confirmed either. KP has said the club(s) are exploring the possibility of showing games on a PPV basis both home and away. To me, I read it as it was only games live on Sky that had restrictions, others think differently.

Regardless I think the club will announce yay/nay on PPV later next week.

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Not blaming Hibs, however there's going to be alot of disappointed walk up fans and ST holders who can't view away games and que the hysteria.

Of course there are ways you can do it. People will end up using other methods (vpn/iptv) to view games when it's income Hibs could and should have had.

Infact, the amount of illegal streams will go through the roof.

davhibby
23-07-2020, 11:11 AM
Not blaming Hibs, however there's going to be alot of disappointed walk up fans and ST holders who can't view away games.

Of course there are ways you can do it. People will end up using other methods (vpn/iptv) to view games when it's income Hibs could and should have had.

They’ve not said anything about that definitively either way yet. I’d be surprised if there’s not some sort of ppv option announced late next week

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 11:15 AM
They’ve not said anything about that definitively either way yet. I’d be surprised if there’s not some sort of ppv option announced late next week

Hopefully

The no away games thing sucks abit tbh. In theory someone who knows how to use a VPN can sign up for the year to the International subscription at half the price of a ST and see every single game meanwhile the ST holders who pay more don't get that.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2020, 11:17 AM
Hopefully

The no away games thing sucks abit tbh. In theory someone who knows how to use a VPN can sign up for the year at half the price of a ST and see every single game to the international package meanwhile the ST holders who pay more don't get that.

Hibs have to abide by the rules, and law, iptv companies dont.

davhibby
23-07-2020, 11:19 AM
If we’re away to Hamilton before fans are allowed in then we’ll definitely be able to see that since all of their home games are ppv as they didn’t sell season tickets for this season

Ozyhibby
23-07-2020, 11:28 AM

Or as Hibs and Sky have said multiple times, the only way to watch Hibs will be with a season ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
23-07-2020, 11:33 AM
A home season ticket doesn't get you in to away games so why would hibs streaming package for domestic fans allow that? It will be up to the home club to sell PPV to away fans if they have the capability as it's an extra revenue stream they can explore.

International stuff has always been different and where the ability to stream the game was possible hibs TV did this for international fans.

I honestly don't see a lot to moan about here other than a fairly hefty price increase for international fans.

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 11:34 AM
Hibs have to abide by the rules, and law, iptv companies dont.

Obviously. Not blaming Hibs here. Just think its unfair a bit on ST holders.

Like I said, those tech savvy enough will just use a VPN and pay monthly/yearly for the international subscription to Hibs Tv and get to see every game yet someone whos put the price of a ST in won't. I get Hibs can't do much if someone chose to go down that route but surely some sort of option pay per game or a monthly package for away games must be do able.

For those legitimately overseas it's a cracking deal.

dchibs
23-07-2020, 11:36 AM

Perhaps only charging his surname. :greengrin

Carheenlea
23-07-2020, 11:44 AM
I don’t read that as suggesting that Pay per View being rolled out nearer time. To offer value to a season ticket those who are onboard can view the home games on Hibs TV, while audio commentary is available for £7.99 a month for non ST holders.

£7.99 does feel a bit steep for a couple of home game commentary’s a month (Plus the extra behind the scenes stuff promised), but I think audio might also be available for away games, and I suspect that is going to be what will be offered for away matches rather than Pay per View options. Purely guess work on my behalf but I don’t see anything there to suggest we will be seeing away games which would be disappointing.

NC1875
23-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Hopefully

The no away games thing sucks abit tbh. In theory someone who knows how to use a VPN can sign up for the year to the International subscription at half the price of a ST and see every single game meanwhile the ST holders who pay more don't get that.

Yeah that is rubbish.
Not really any different from me paying for sky and BT sports while joe bloggs next door has some dodgy fire stick though. Hibs can’t do anything about it.

Carheenlea
23-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Yeah that is rubbish.
Not really any different from me paying for sky and by sports while joe bloggs next door has some dodgy fire stick though. Hibs can’t do anything about it.

I don’t think it’s as easy as it once was to circumnavigate Hibs TV with a VPN?

davhibby
23-07-2020, 11:48 AM
I don’t read that as suggesting that Pay per View being rolled out nearer time. To offer value to a season ticket those who are onboard can view the home games on Hibs TV, while audio commentary is available for £7.99 a month for non ST holders.

£7.99 does feel a bit steep for a couple of home game commentary’s a month (Plus the extra behind the scenes stuff promised), but I think audio might also be available for away games, and I suspect that is going to be what will be offered for away matches rather than Pay per View options. Purely guess work on my behalf but I don’t see anything there to suggest we will be seeing away games which would be disappointing.

If clubs don’t allow a ppv option then people will find other ways to watch. The whole sky won’t allow it thing is nonsense so it’s just an own goal on the part of the clubs if that’s what happens

Carheenlea
23-07-2020, 11:50 AM
If clubs don’t allow a ppv option then people will find other ways to watch. The whole sky won’t allow it thing is nonsense so it’s just an own goal on the part of the clubs if that’s what happens

If the clubs could legally do so within the constraints of the broadcasting contracts then I’ve no doubt they would absolutely make Pay per View away matches available. Hibs in this example can’t be criticised for the package being offered.

Arch Stanton
23-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Hopefully

I wonder if that will still be the case as I was pulled up last year for using VPN. Apparently various clubs are sharing a blacklist of IP addresses they consider to be VPN (multiple uses perhaps, I don't know).

I just wonder who's rules are being broken here. The reproach I received couldn't have been more indignant if I was committing major fraud.

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Yeah that is rubbish.
Not really any different from me paying for sky and BT sports while joe bloggs next door has some dodgy fire stick though. Hibs can’t do anything about it.

Aye, again not having a go at Hibs, obviously hands are tied by the deals agreed with Sky and the SPFL clubs and the law. It's just a bit ***** really that ST Holders can't see away games.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2020, 11:52 AM
Obviously. Not blaming Hibs here. Just think its unfair a bit on ST holders.

Like I said, those tech savvy enough will just use a VPN and pay monthly/yearly for the international subscription to Hibs Tv and get to see every game yet someone whos put the price of a ST in won't. I get Hibs can't do much if someone chose to go down that route but surely some sort of option pay per game or a monthly package for away games must be do able.

For those legitimately overseas it's a cracking deal.

Obviously Hibs are looking into this, and will do it if possible, if not they wont and it wont be unfair on anyone.

davhibby
23-07-2020, 11:52 AM
If the clubs could legally do so within the constraints of the broadcasting contracts then I’ve no doubt they would absolutely do so. Hibs in this example can’t be criticised for the package being offered.

I’m not criticising because I’m confident there will be something offered. Just pointing out how silly it would be to not do it

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 11:54 AM
If the clubs could legally do so within the constraints of the broadcasting contracts then I’ve no doubt they would absolutely make Pay per View away matches available. Hibs in this example can’t be criticised for the package being offered.

Surely sky know that if they don’t offer this service (which they could get a cut of also) they are going to have loads of people just watching through IPTV losing shed loads of money? Saying that they will show all the old firm away games and the home games can be broadcasted so they probably won’t give a crap.

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 11:56 AM
I wonder if that will still be the case as I was pulled up last year for using VPN. Apparently various clubs are sharing a blacklist of IP addresses they consider to be VPN (multiple uses perhaps, I don't know).

I just wonder who's rules are being broken here. The reproach I received couldn't have been more indignant if I was committing major fraud.

I have no idea if that is the case. Either way it's still very easily do-able with a bit of research for those choosing to use them.

davhibby
23-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Surely sky know that if they don’t offer this service (which they could get a cut of also) they are going to have loads of people just watching through IPTV losing shed loads of money? Saying that they will show all the old firm away games and the home games can be broadcasted so they probably won’t give a crap.

Hamilton are offering ppv for all of their home games that aren’t on Sky so there is no rule against it

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Obviously Hibs are looking into this, and will do it if possible, if not they wont and it wont be unfair on anyone.

It will be unfair on the clubs who will lose money potentially. The government should also be encouraging this as it will probably lead to mass gatherings in pubs watching on streams.

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 11:58 AM
Hamilton are offering ppv for all of their home games that aren’t on Sky so there is no rule against it

Thanks👍

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2020, 12:00 PM
It will be unfair on the clubs who will lose money potentially. The government should also be encouraging this as it will probably lead to mass gatherings in pubs watching on streams.

Not sure why i'm bothering, but Hibs will do it if its legally possible, why wouldnt they? If they cant, they wont.

Thems the breaks.

davhibby
23-07-2020, 12:01 PM
Thanks👍

Someone mentioned earlier about the numbers being capped at last seasons st numbers for each game so maybe that’s a rule that could limit it but clubs are certainly able to have ppv

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 12:03 PM
Someone mentioned earlier about the numbers being capped at last seasons st numbers for each game so maybe that’s a rule that could limit it but clubs are certainly able to have ppv

Have Hamilton said if their PPV is limited in number (first come first served or whatever)?

If the thing about the cap is true then it ought to be limited to however many STs they sold last season (IIRC they haven't sold STs at all for this season).

23-07-2020, 12:13 PM

You also get the full match replay after midnight plus access to hundreds of old matches.

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Not sure why i'm bothering, but Hibs will do it if its legally possible, why wouldnt they? If they cant, they wont.

Thems the breaks.

Hamilton are able to do so though as has been pointed out on this thread a couple of posts above?

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Yeah that would make further sense. Surely ours and others could be capped at capacity though?

04Sauzee
23-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Hamilton haven't sold any season tickets, will they only be selling as many PPV tickets as they had season tickets last season?

ancient hibee
23-07-2020, 01:26 PM
PPV at Easter Road if available will be priced at around current walk up price-that's fair to season ticket holders.

PPV at away matches if available will be priced by the home club obviously.

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Or as Hibs and Sky have said multiple times, the only way to watch Hibs will be with a season ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky haven’t said that at all, all Sky said was that clubs could sell ‘virtual’ season tickets. Hibs also said it was the only ‘guaranteed’ way, KP has said on numerous occasions that the club are looking into PPV packages which may go down to the wire. If Sky had said no, outright, then hibs would have relayed this before now as it would be a sure boost to season ticket sales. As it is, if it wasn’t possible it would push a lot of people towards IPTV, which sky will want to avoid, so again, would make no sense for them to cut off this avenue.

Hibs90
23-07-2020, 01:47 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/002d460a7d173e71930a69627965be9e.png

The Tubs
23-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Over the last few weeks, I've found it much more difficult to watch the BBC from abroad.

B.H.F.C
23-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Still think, if there was no chance whatsoever of a PPV option, this would have been totally dismissed.

Tambo
23-07-2020, 02:18 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/002d460a7d173e71930a69627965be9e.png

That's disappointing as would of rather gave my money to hibs and I'm sure there will be many free streams.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-07-2020, 02:20 PM
Is there likely to be much of a market for PPV home games? If every season ticket holder gets a 'free' account, baring in mind very many ST holders will live in same household as other ST holders, there will be loads of spare accounts to be shared with others.

Keith_M
23-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Just a thought but maybe people without a Season Ticket could just go to a mate's house (that does have one) and watch the game there.

As an aside, I'm not really sure where people are getting the idea that anything about it is 'unfair'.

The only thing that's 'unfair' is that we're currently living through one of the worst pandemics ever to affect the human race and one (incredibly minor) inconvenience is that some people temporarily can't go to football games they might otherwise have attended.

Tambo
23-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Is there likely to be much of a market for PPV home games? If every season ticket holder gets a 'free' account, baring in mind very many ST holders will live in same household as other ST holders, there will be loads of spare accounts to be shared with others.

Call me mad but I would be willing to pay £23 for a live stream, people would say just get a season ticket but I would never be able to make every home game as to expensive with travel and accommodation.

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 02:31 PM
Just a thought but maybe people without a Season Ticket could just go to a mate's house (that does have one) and watch the game there.

As an aside, I'm not really sure where people are getting the idea that anything about it is 'unfair'.

The only thing that's 'unfair' is that we're currently living through one of the worst pandemics ever to affect the human race and one (incredibly minor) inconvenience is that some people temporarily can't go to football games they might otherwise have attended.

I think it’s pretty unfair if you can’t afford a season ticket during these times and for a lot of people watching their football team is a massive comfort to them. What if you’re vulnerable to the virus and can’t leave the house but can’t pay the money for a tv season ticket? We’re meant to be one big community family afterall. For some football is all they will have to look forward to.

Keith_M
23-07-2020, 02:37 PM
I think it’s pretty unfair if you can’t afford a season ticket during these times and for a lot of people watching their football team is a massive comfort to them. What if you’re vulnerable to the virus and can’t leave the house but can’t pay the money for a tv season ticket? We’re meant to be one big community family afterall. For some football is all they will have to look forward to.

Then there's a chance you might not be watching a few games on TV that, as you can't leave the house, you normally wouldn't have been able to attend anyway?

:dunno:

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Then there's a chance you might not be watching a few games on TV that, as you can't leave the house, you normally wouldn't have been able to attend anyway?

:dunno:

Yes but that would be true for everyone including season ticket holders if there’s a further lockdown too. I just find it a bit unfair on people who can’t afford or justify purchasing a season ticket to watch games on the tv when everyone season ticket holders or not will be desperate to see the Hibees.

danhibees1875
23-07-2020, 03:03 PM
Yes but that would be true for everyone including season ticket holders if there’s a further lockdown too. I just find it a bit unfair on people who can’t afford or justify purchasing a season ticket to watch games on the tv when everyone season ticket holders or not will be desperate to see the Hibees.

Is that any different to how it's always been though?

If you didn't buy a ST you couldn't watch the game, for UK based supporters anyway.

Numptie
23-07-2020, 03:03 PM
Call me mad but I would be willing to pay £23 for a live stream, people would say just get a season ticket but I would never be able to make every home game as to expensive with travel and accommodation.

I've said this before, I pay £9 to watch the Sky games on NOW TV but would pay £20 to £25 to watch a PPV home game. I can't get to games usually and if I have a free weekend I go - home or away.

Hibby70
23-07-2020, 03:07 PM
I think £20.16 would be a suitable amount to charge for ppv. Not too cheap to annoy existing ST holders and less than paying to watch live.

Dan Sarf
23-07-2020, 03:30 PM
I can't get to most games, pandemic or not. So I'd love to PPV. And I'd be happy to pay a price that wouldn't annoy those who've paid for a season ticket.

Equals more revenue for the club.

Leeann are you listening?

:aok:

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Is that any different to how it's always been though?

If you didn't buy a ST you couldn't watch the game, for UK based supporters anyway.

It hasnt always been that way no, there’s pay into a game and this is unprecedented times we are in and the only way it seems people who are struggling can only watch Hibs at all even tv is to buy a season ticket when it’s unaffordable or justifiable for a lot of people who in normal circumstances would just pay at the gate if they can’t afford a season ticket.

itslegaltender
23-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Im the same. Would pay £20 to £25 for each game. Also, it would open it up for away fans to pay also, surely there is a missed oppotunity here?

itslegaltender
23-07-2020, 04:16 PM
Hopefully

last year Hibs made it that you couldnt watch Hibs tv via a VPN.

EI255
23-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Do domestic subscribers get to see any games?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Do domestic subscribers get to see any games?

Sent from my LG-H870 using TapatalkSome European away games.

danhibees1875
23-07-2020, 05:49 PM
It hasnt always been that way no, there’s pay into a game and this is unprecedented times we are in and the only way it seems people who are struggling can only watch Hibs at all even tv is to buy a season ticket when it’s unaffordable or justifiable for a lot of people who in normal circumstances would just pay at the gate if they can’t afford a season ticket.

I maybe picked you up wrong.

I agree that it would be good to have a PAYG option also. :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-07-2020, 06:00 PM
As assuming if you have a season they just email you with log in details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 06:01 PM
I maybe picked you up wrong.

I agree that it would be good to have a PAYG option also. :agree:

No worries mate 😎

Waxy
23-07-2020, 06:05 PM
I’m the same. Would happily pay the price of a matchday ticket for a ppv.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2020, 06:10 PM
As assuming if you have a season they just email you with log in details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look at the top of the home page on Hibs TV

steve75
23-07-2020, 06:30 PM
last year Hibs made it that you couldnt watch Hibs tv via a VPN.

If Hibs are sitting on a working solution for that the we're about to make some serious cash.

Netflix can't even manage it 100%.

EI255
23-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Some European away games.So that'll be zero games then. Meh.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
23-07-2020, 10:08 PM
I'm sure Hibs will do their best to ensure as many people as possible are able to pay to watch the home matches while staying within the rules. it's in the club's financial interest to do so apart from anything else. However given the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in as a race, i think whether people get to watch football is a fairly trivial issue. I bought my season ticket with no expectations on seeing games in order to support the club , to help them survive the crisis (and hopefully prosper). Any games I get to watch either on tv or in person is a bonus.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-07-2020, 04:02 PM
I take no further developments on this?

Centre Hawf
24-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Not entirely sure how it'll work but something that intrigues me is that international subscribers got to watch every Home game as part of the subscription, as well as any away game at a team on same network (Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic etc) and as far as I can tell all teams bar Rangers have signed up to them now.

So the question I have is will that be the same for international subscribers this season? In which case a Season Ticket holder who has spent more money will be getting an inferior product to someone who is spending less?

I for one second do not think Hibs are at fault for any of this, I have a feeling that a lot of restrictions are still in place by the broadcasters for whatever reason. But you'd have to imagine that clubs were desperate for a PPV option especially for away fans?

Peevemor
24-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Not entirely sure how it'll work but something that intrigues me is that international subscribers got to watch every Home game as part of the subscription, as well as any away game at a team on same network (Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic etc) and as far as I can tell all teams bar Rangers have signed up to them now.

So the question I have is will that be the same for international subscribers this season? In which case a Season Ticket holder who has spent more money will be getting an inferior product to someone who is spending less?

I for one second do not think Hibs are at fault for any of this, I have a feeling that a lot of restrictions are still in place by the broadcasters for whatever reason. But you'd have to imagine that clubs were desperate for a PPV option especially for away fans? When supporters are allowed back in the stadiums ST holders will start getting their money's worth, whereas Hibs TV international subscribers will carry on watching at the newly increased subscription rate (which is still worth it). We may well find the level of cooperation/service dropping once the grounds are open too - not immediately but maybe next season.

Centre Hawf
24-07-2020, 05:53 PM
When supporters are allowed back in the stadiums ST holders will start getting their money's worth, whereas Hibs TV international subscribers will carry on watching at the newly increased subscription rate (which is still worth it). We may well find the level of cooperation/service dropping once the grounds are open too - not immediately but maybe next season.

I imagine this is a one season thing, unless we do indeed find ourselves in the grips of a proper second wave at the turn of the year.

I do think as fans there's an element of suck it up and get on with it the best we can when it comes to what we're being given but it doesn't feel like every stone has been left unturned in the process of coming up with all this.

The potential money making opportunity for some clubs like Hamilton and Livi to go and sell potentially thousands of PPV passes to Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans and maybe even the old firm if they don't get picked for TV. Especially when everything is so tight atm for clubs it would go a long way to not just keeping them competitive but potentially keeping the doors open.

Instead of only having say 8 thousand at Livingston for a Celtic game you could potentially see about 30 thousand folk try and buy a PPV pass at 20 quid a head. I'm sure there are a lot of other factors but it just seems a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Peevemor
24-07-2020, 06:09 PM
I imagine this is a one season thing, unless we do indeed find ourselves in the grips of a proper second wave at the turn of the year.

I do think as fans there's an element of suck it up and get on with it the best we can when it comes to what we're being given but it doesn't feel like every stone has been left unturned in the process of coming up with all this.

The potential money making opportunity for some clubs like Hamilton and Livi to go and sell potentially thousands of PPV passes to Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen fans and maybe even the old firm if they don't get picked for TV. Especially when everything is so tight atm for clubs it would go a long way to not just keeping them competitive but potentially keeping the doors open.

Instead of only having say 8 thousand at Livingston for a Celtic game you could potentially see about 30 thousand folk try and buy a PPV pass at 20 quid a head. I'm sure there are a lot of other factors but it just seems a bit of a wasted opportunity.I understand what you're saying, but I've no idea of the legal & technical obstacles that would have to be sorted out.

SingaporeHibs
24-07-2020, 07:02 PM
I get the question people are asking regards international fans maybe getting access to away games being unfair on ST holders. As a Long term ST holder who has now lived away for the last 8 years , I’ll take what I get. Believe me, I wasn’t getting value for money for the first 4 of those years on my international subscription, it was like spot the ball. But It’s my connection with Hibs and home. £179 for international subscription knowing that’s all you will get is no gimme. If restrictions change in SG I may get to come home through the season and I may get to also pay extra to watch a game or 2 or 3 in person. That would be lovely. For now, don’t shoot at us internationals, we’re on the same side and living by the same rules we always have. One city, one team, we are all Hibs GGTTH

GreenCastle
24-07-2020, 10:21 PM
It’s probably worth having a separate FAQ or even Hibs should have someone on here or a separate twitter page answering any technical help.

I’m a ST holder but what happens it I go on holiday - can I still access Hibs games - in Spain?

I assume yes and just home games ?

Not In The Know
24-07-2020, 10:42 PM
So when’s the next game on hibs tv?

Steve-O
25-07-2020, 12:02 AM
I get the question people are asking regards international fans maybe getting access to away games being unfair on ST holders. As a Long term ST holder who has now lived away for the last 8 years , I’ll take what I get. Believe me, I wasn’t getting value for money for the first 4 of those years on my international subscription, it was like spot the ball. But It’s my connection with Hibs and home. £179 for international subscription knowing that’s all you will get is no gimme. If restrictions change in SG I may get to come home through the season and I may get to also pay extra to watch a game or 2 or 3 in person. That would be lovely. For now, don’t shoot at us internationals, we’re on the same side and living by the same rules we always have. One city, one team, we are all Hibs GGTTH

Indeed. We have to put up with 3am kick offs, dodgy quality streams etc. it’s completely incomparable. Aside from during COVID of course, fans have the option of physically going to away games. We don’t.

£17.99 a month when compared to Sky, Netflix etc is loads! Basing it on the price of a match ticket is nonsensical. If that were the case, Sky could charge about £1000 a month for their EPL coverage!

Man Down Under
25-07-2020, 12:43 AM
It all comes down to licensing. Sky have probably allowed season ticket holders to watch the games as a good will gesture due to Covid.
Allowing people to watch games domestically through Hibs TV (or any club TV) means people aren't watching it on Sky and therefore makes the TV deal less valuable.

It's easier to license the games internationally as Scottish football isn't as valuable abroad so a deal is pretty easy/cheaper to come to.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

itslegaltender
25-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Not keen on Tanner joining Hibs Tv. Clearly a Hun and was spouting all kinds of support to Hearts in their fight with the league.

PaulSmith
25-07-2020, 09:05 AM
Not keen on Tanner joining Hibs Tv. Clearly a Hun and was spouting all kinds of support to Hearts in their fight with the league.

He’s also a professional who has to work for a living so at work he’ll be pro-Hibs.

I suppose just like Scott Allan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power
25-07-2020, 10:45 AM
It’s probably worth having a separate FAQ or even Hibs should have someone on here or a separate twitter page answering any technical help.

I’m a ST holder but what happens it I go on holiday - can I still access Hibs games - in Spain?

I assume yes and just home games ?

That’s right ✅ FAQ, guides and support will be communicated shortly.

From what I understand, Your details will remain the same to login and view Hibs home games - You can only watch the Live Broadcast on one login/device at any one time.

GreenCastle
25-07-2020, 11:27 AM
That’s right ✅ FAQ, guides and support will be communicated shortly.

From what I understand, Your details will remain the same to login and view Hibs home games - You can only watch the Live Broadcast on one login/device at any one time.

Thanks for the reply.

So I can go on holiday and continue to watch with my U.K. login from say Spain?

SlickShoes
25-07-2020, 11:59 AM
I don't understand the moaning about international fans getting to potentially see all the games at a lower price than season tickets. This is a weird season, but usually the perk of a season ticket is that you get to go to the games, as international fans we can't go to the games, usually we get sporadic away games if the home club allows or if its on TV we get that feed. I'd much rather be at the games that subscribing to Hibs TV, but the fact this service is offered to international fans keeps me engaged with the club from afar, which is just not possible any other way because Scottish football is never on TV here.

I would bet there aren't as many international fans as you think that are going to be enjoying almost all the games this coming season, it's nice we will get more away games to watch but we only get all these games because Hibs arent financially or contractually obliged to restrict them in other regions.

Power
25-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the reply.

That should be the case - ken a few travelling to Spain next week now that quarantine has been lifted there, asked the same thing.

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2020, 01:06 PM
while audio commentary is available for £7.99 a month for non ST holders.

£7.99 does feel a bit steep for a couple of home game commentary’s a month.

it's £5.99

or £59.99/ yearly

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2020, 01:29 PM
Livi fc launch online TV service

Livingston fc have launched their own subscription TV service that will let supporters watch games while they're not allowed inside the ground.
LFC live will screen full match replays as well as live audio coverage while season ticket holders can watch games live.
UK residents can either choose a monthly subscription of £5.99 or an annual fee of £59.99(same as hibs), while international subscribtions are priced at £12.99(much cheaper than hibs?)
"the club have been working hard over the past couple of months with stream digital to ensure the facility is in place ahead of an extremely unique start to a season.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2020, 03:55 PM
it's £5.99

or £59.99/ yearly

No.

It's £7.99 and £79.99

Iggy Pope
25-07-2020, 03:59 PM
No.

It's £7.99 and £79.99

In totally unrelated news, do you remember these fellahs? The Iggy Pope 7”S have been getting sorted!

Hibbyradge
25-07-2020, 04:11 PM
In totally unrelated news, do you remember these fellahs? The Iggy Pope 7”S have been getting sorted!

Ha ha. Good find!

I'll buy it off you...

Iggy Pope
25-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Ha ha. Good find!

I'll buy it off you...

I’ve had it a long time and in no hurry to part with it but I know the connection.
It’s yours if you want it so PM me an address and I’ll send it to you with nothing asked but love for it.

ekhibee
25-07-2020, 05:42 PM
I am with you on this, Tanner has never impressed me at any time, and I remember hearing him on Off The Ball when he was a guest and that certainly didn't improve my opinion of him, but maybe he will be alright for Hibs.

The Baldmans Comb
25-07-2020, 05:51 PM
That should be the case - ken a few travelling to Spain next week now that quarantine has been lifted there, asked the same thing.

England are reimposing 14 day quarantine regulations on Spain as of tomorrow.

Scotland likely to follow suit I hope.

Edit: Scotland have announced the same.✅

Travel is so volatile at the moment and you wonder if its worth all the effort.

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2020, 08:24 PM
No.

It's £7.99 and £79.99

my last receipt july 9th was £5.99 and i took a screenshot this afternoon and it was £5.99 and £59.99, they need to update the hibs tv page then

hibbysam
26-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Killie announced yesterday that they are hoping to announce a way to watch away games at the start of the week, Dave Cormack has tweeted saying first two games are live on Sky so no PPV, but details will come out in the next two days about PPV.

All sounding very positive that there will be ways to purchase games that aren’t live on Sky.

Saint Hibee
26-07-2020, 05:16 PM
Still no way of watching games for non-season ticket holders on a pay per view basis?

Sir David Gray
26-07-2020, 11:09 PM
Still no way of watching games for non-season ticket holders on a pay per view basis?

That won't be happening.

Hibs Class
27-07-2020, 06:55 PM
That won't be happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53560168

All clubs can do so, Hibs likely to offer from around October

Sir David Gray
27-07-2020, 07:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53560168

All clubs can do so, Hibs likely to offer from around October

Indeed, quite the turnaround in a few days.

Good news.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Confirmed by Hibs tonight via email that this will not be an option. You'll need to be in the UK or Republic of Ireland to watch matches via your season ticket log in. If you're outwith the UK or Republic of Ireland then you'll need to subscribe to Hibs TV International.

“Can I use a VPN to stream the broadcast?”
No. Please ensure that you are not using a Virtual Private Network or proxies as this can cause the Live Broadcast stream to not function. Due to restrictions placed on the club by the relevant rights holders, your access is geo-blocked and only accessible work within the UK and Ireland. If you live outside of the UK & Ireland the best way to watch the games is to subscribe to the Hibs TV international package.