PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV International

California-Hibs
23-07-2020, 12:25 AM
As the new season is now fast approaching I was thinking I better make sure I have this hopefully right. So all Hibs home games will now be available to those who have purchased Season Tickets. However, the games will also still be available for those of us international subscribers, right?

AZhibee
23-07-2020, 01:50 AM
As the new season is now fast approaching I was thinking I better make sure I have this hopefully right. So all Hibs home games will now be available to those who have purchased Season Tickets. However, the games will also still be available for those of us international subscribers, right?

Still wondering myself, but annual pass auto-renewed today and I am hopeful.

Forza Fred
23-07-2020, 02:15 AM
Hibs put out something a few weeks ago that it would be business as usual for us overseas subscribers

FilipinoHibs
23-07-2020, 02:19 AM
Hibs put out something a few weeks ago that it would be business as usual for us overseas subscribers

:greengrin

AZhibee
23-07-2020, 02:43 AM

And it’s in the back of the net.

California-Hibs
23-07-2020, 09:01 AM

Perfect!

Auckland Hibs
23-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Any credit for the subscription from last season ?

Bobby's Cinema
23-07-2020, 09:43 AM
It has been indicated some sort of announcement on TV arrangements to be made this midweek/ today...

calumhibee1
23-07-2020, 09:58 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10683

BlackSheep
23-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Wow, so international subscribers get EVERY game!!

yerauldda
23-07-2020, 10:02 AM
While I'm delighted that Hibs have clearly put a lot of effort in to revamping the TV service, I'm a bit peeved that there's no option to watch games live for domestic fans who, like myself, don't have season tickets due to location etc. I'm assuming there's legal reasons for this but still a shame nonetheless.

Bobby's Cinema
23-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Unfortunate for domestic PATG fans myself included who would have preferred to give money to Hibs. With 4 games on the bounce on sky makes sense to ride out missing the first two games and get a months pass elsewhere to see all these games.

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 10:06 AM

"International subscribers will also – for the first time – have access to every top-flight stadium, with every league game now available to view, complete with our own green-tinted commentary from Cliff and Tam."

Excellent, though at £17.99/month or £179.99/year it looks like the price has gone up a bit.

Still well worth it though (providing the streams still work!).

theonlywayisup
23-07-2020, 10:07 AM

Yep, pretty good eh!

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 10:10 AM
Which away games did international subscribers normally not get? Sevco? Were there many others?

BlackSheep
23-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Which away games did international subscribers normally not get? Sevco? Were there many others?

I am aware of this, but its interesting that you can pay £180 form abroad and watch EVERY match yet a ST costs over double that and you get only home games.

I am aware that this has been the practice for ages, but in current times surely ST holders should get Away access too or at aleast his should offer the option to pay for away games until we are allowed back into stadia?

Heres hoping.

Andy74
23-07-2020, 10:29 AM
I am aware of this, but its interesting that you can pay £180 form abroad and watch EVERY match yet a ST costs over double that and you get only home games.

I am aware that this has been the practice for ages, but in current times surely ST holders should get Away access too or at aleast his should offer the option to pay for away games until we are allowed back into stadia?

Heres hoping.

It is not exactly normal times and season tickets were really sold to get a seat for home games at the stadium. That has got more unlikely as the summer has gone on but at least they have come to a deal with Sky to allow us access to home games online.

The international TV product has been around a long time and will be in place when we are back in stadiums. It isn’t really fair to compare them in current circumstances.

JohnM1875
23-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Wait, so the International HibsTV subscription gets access to away games too? Did not know that. Great deal if so!

Is this access live steams of the away games?

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 10:37 AM
Wait, so the International HibsTV subscription gets access to away games too? Did not know that. Great deal if so!

Is this access live steams of the away games?

It started off as access (live streams) to any away games that were being shown lmive by Sky or whoever.

Then a couple of season ago a reciprocal deal seems to have been put in place with other clubs who had their own TV set-up, so we also got some additional away games.

Now it seems that we're guaranteed all away games, although the price has gone up slightly too (although still very reasonable).

JohnM1875
23-07-2020, 10:45 AM
It started off as access (live streams) to any away games that were being shown lmive by Sky or whoever.

Then a couple of season ago a reciprocal deal seems to have been put in place with other clubs who had their own TV set-up, so we also got some additional away games.

Now it seems that we're guaranteed all away games, although the price has gone up slightly too (although still very reasonable).

It really is very reasonable! £18 a month and you're getting mimimum of four (usually, if no cups or internationals) live Hibs games a month.

Steve-O
23-07-2020, 10:55 AM
"International subscribers will also – for the first time – have access to every top-flight stadium, with every league game now available to view, complete with our own green-tinted commentary from Cliff and Tam."

Excellent, though at £17.99/month or £179.99/year it looks like the price has gone up a bit.

Still well worth it though (providing the streams still work!).

Pretty sure that not so long ago the service was £7.99, rather a large increase.

IF, and it’s a big if, the streaming is reliable, and all games home and away are on there, and also added in such a way there are no spoilers (for those of us in Oz / NZ who don’t want to watch live at 4am), then it’s probably not too bad.

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Pretty sure that not so long ago the service was £7.99, rather a large increase.

IF, and it’s a big if, the streaming is reliable, and all games home and away are on there, and also added in such a way there are no spoilers (for those of us in Oz / NZ who don’t want to watch live at 4am), then it’s probably not too bad.

4/5 games for £18 is ‘probably not too bad’? That’s an incredibly good deal if you ask me.

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 11:09 AM

I think it was £7.99 up until last summer, but it was at that price for years even as the quality improved and the number of live matches increased

It's currently £12.99/month or £120/year.

You could say that an extra £5 a month (or £10 compared to a couple of season ago) is a hefty increase, but to be guaranteed all league matches & have people like David Tanner coming on board - I'm certainly not complaining, especially given the "sacrifice" made by those who have bought STs at full price.

hhibs
23-07-2020, 11:32 AM
I think it was £7.99 up until last summer, but it was at that price for years even as the quality improved and the number of live matches increased

It's currently £12.99/month or £120/year.

You could say that an extra £5 a month (or £10 compared to a couple of season ago) is a hefty increase, but to be guaranteed all league matches & have people like David Tanner coming on board - I'm certainly not complaining, especially given the "sacrifice" made by those who have bought STs at full price.

Ditto !

California-Hibs
24-07-2020, 08:33 PM
So, question, is my current International Sub good to go for this or do we need to resign up as its now an increased price?..

ddoc
24-07-2020, 08:49 PM
So, question, is my current International Sub good to go for this or do we need to resign up as its now an increased price?..

My annual subscription fell due yesterday, and was auto-paid as I took that option.

Maybe I am being a bit naive, but why would there be any change to International Subscribers costs. What are we getting for this season that is any different for any other, am I missing something here?

Maybe grounds that were previously not showing the game live due to lack of facilities will now be live, but Hibs TV were usually still there, we just got to watch it a few hours later.

FYI, I have no issue with any cost increase in these difficult times for our club. Like you, I am would like to know where we are re this.

I also have not read through the whole thread, but I assume all the extra ST subscribers is not going to cause an issue with access. I also keep checking for upcoming live fixtures as I am sure i read they were going to be carrying out test with some bounce games.

If lazy me read through everything these questions have probably already been asked and answered.

Auckland Hibs
24-07-2020, 09:37 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

I bought the season subscription last year and appreciate under the circumstances of COVID everyone has taken a hit financially, but they should be offering some kind of saving for the upcoming season especially as the price has increased significantly.

Peevemor
24-07-2020, 10:11 PM
The increased cost is mentioned in the statement on the official site, but the prices haven't been changed yet on the Hibs TV subscription bit.

We're being guaranteed all league games, home and away, live as well as improved content with Tanner & Tam. The increase is probably merited and I'd imagine existing subscribers will be getting an email in the next couple of days to explain things.

ddoc
25-07-2020, 01:13 AM
The increased cost is mentioned in the statement on the official site, but the prices haven't been changed yet on the Hibs TV subscription bit.

We're being guaranteed all league games, home and away, live as well as improved content with Tanner & Tam. The increase is probably merited and I'd imagine existing subscribers will be getting an email in the next couple of days to explain things.

Someone on another thread mentioned having an FAQ page / thread.
Sounds like a very good idea to me as we are all looking for the same answers, and umpteen of us posting the same question,in a slightly different format.
I have no idea if this something that can be easily set up as this is certainly not my forte.

AZhibee
25-07-2020, 02:46 AM
Someone on another thread mentioned having an FAQ page / thread.
Sounds like a very good idea to me as we are all looking for the same answers, and umpteen of us posting the same question,in a slightly different format.
I have no idea if this something that can be easily set up as this is certainly not my forte.

Wasn’t this brought up in a different thread? 🤔

norwayhibs
30-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Any international subscribers been in Hibs TV?
Interface has been updated this morning but I still cannot find the old link to “watch live game” Anybody found the link or @power any pointers :confused:

Peevemor
30-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Interface has been updated this morning but I still cannot find the old link to “watch live game” Anybody found the link or @power any pointers :confused:I've just had a look and can't find it either.

Something will probably appear on the welcome/home page when there's something being streamed.

norwayhibs
30-07-2020, 06:57 PM
I've just had a look and can't find it either.

Something will probably appear on the welcome/home page when there's something being streamed.

I’m not panicking just yet either

California-Hibs
31-07-2020, 03:51 AM
I reckon something will appear today or tomorrow. I'm just wondering if we have the ability to log in early and get the Tanner & Tam build up or does ours only including going live just as the game is about to start, like before?

Peevemor
31-07-2020, 05:22 AM
I reckon something will appear today or tomorrow. I'm just wondering if we have the ability to log in early and get the Tanner & Tam build up or does ours only including going live just as the game is about to start, like before?

We're being asked to pay more for the improved service so I'd think we'll get the lot.

AZhibee
31-07-2020, 05:35 AM
I’m not panicking just yet either

Won’t be relieved until I see the game underway.:worried::worried::worried:

norwayhibs
31-07-2020, 05:38 AM
The link to live events is in place when I log in, just checked now :aok:

Peevemor
31-07-2020, 06:08 AM
The link to live events is in place when I log in, just checked now :aok:Yeeeesss!

(new countdown thingy too)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200731/6c021cd5c8605dfa339d0a81562c8739.jpg

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2020, 06:38 AM
All set then. Excited about tomorrow. Will mirror onto my TV.

Gloucester Hibs
31-07-2020, 06:44 AM
All set then. Excited about tomorrow. Will mirror onto my TV.

Exactly what I’ll be doing, can’t wait.

Power
31-07-2020, 08:03 AM
Interface has been updated this morning but I still cannot find the old link to “watch live game” Anybody found the link or @power any pointers :confused:

Ah! Didnae ken you posted here too 😀 I get a notification with @ elsewhere.

All good and now visible (scroll down required) on the new interface ✅

norwayhibs
31-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Ah! Didnae ken you posted here too 😀 I get a notification with @ elsewhere.

All good and now visible (scroll down required) on the new interface ✅

Cheers K, needed to cover all the bases , all good to go now and looking forward to the game. GGTTH :flag:

Big90inOz
31-07-2020, 11:59 AM
New website looks good and simpler to navigate.

Curried
31-07-2020, 02:44 PM
New website looks good and simpler to navigate.

https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPALMNAAAAAACtKQC1KQC9KQDGKQD WMQDnMQznPTbsYlLve2/zjJT3rZz/tcD/wMb/1sD/wCH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQFDwANACwAAAAADwAPAAAEYbBJCWqduFXEz7kYkIwjchgFMIl JpYxVQahaolTLG88aYjMOxsskE2xsC0YuQSQYAb6W4sUEFCuHq KWCcmKznM6hGFABDJ50d2CkFN5wGbu8ItjvAgE9BMjnyzQZGls ZEQAAIfkEBQ8ADQAsBAADAAcACAAABBxQyZTQAWCphDHb2MJo1 SFtJUVZBoC8x3V1ABEBACH5BAUPAA0ALAQABAAHAAgAAAQecLG lEjrMsXoBoInnVSGQnNZhIOx1FMAhGzAsAkMEACH5BAUPAA0AL AQABAAHAAgAAAQeEIClkpSsysVoQociJt9BkqABIOxxAO8FEEV dE0MEADs=
:agree: Much easier and simpler to navigate on an a Firestick than last season. Getting excited.....what could possibly go wrong https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANEAAP///729vVn/yAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh/sFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJ0bHNvZnQuY29tL2FuaW1hZ2ljLwoKQ3J lYXRlZCB3aXRoIEFuaW1hZ2ljIEdJRiBWIDEuMjEKYnkgUmlna HQgdG8gTGVmdCBTb2Z0d2FyZSBJbmMuCgpUbyBzdXBwcmVzcyB 0aGlzIG1lc3NhZ2UgaW4gdGhlIHJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgdmVyc2lvb gp1bmNoZWNrICJPcHRpb25zIHwgQW5pbWFnaWMgY29tbWVudCB mcmFtZSIKACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD2Zx5EC4WIjW nmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOYw9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhbbtSF3OB cplQpqrqlADC88Ju6M023G86nZRzD Uot2SiDUmAomsik4VA1CgAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhSD7RJYfh p1/koqrpVAwC8sOy6MxzP7Xb3rsOT5X7AFo7zAbUUGIqp08ioGgUA IfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYkM8WcfJ0nbtRK KoVeNpZcqqpBYADHAMqy9d166M41ko49F odTsAiqyJI1LZNJwrBoFACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD 2Zx5EC4WIjWnmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiQzxZx8nSdu1Eoqh V42llyqqkFgAMcAyrL13XrozjWSjj0X6h1OwCKrIkjUtk0nCsG gUAIfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYiNaeap4Ug 0SWH4adf5KKq6VQMAvLDsujMcz 12967Dk V wBaO8wG1FBiKqdPIqBoFADs=:greengrin

Peevemor
01-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Stream working perfectly for me. I'm enjoying the pre match programme too.

Greenio
01-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Quality stream in Melbourne.

Enjoying this pre game chat too. Always wanted HibsTv to do proper match coverage like this. They could do with knocking up a wee desk for them to sit at tho!

Peevemor
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
I thought for a minute they'd forgotten to switch Cliff's mic on. Can't have everything I suppose!

norwayhibs
01-08-2020, 02:02 PM
All good in Norway as well, enjoyed the pre match build up, now the match, 3 points please hibees :flag:

pogo
01-08-2020, 02:59 PM
They need to light the studio, flaring behind them making it hard to see the people inside.

Peevemor
01-08-2020, 03:01 PM
They need to light the studio, flaring behind them making it hard to see the people inside.It'd be better if the camera was back to the window as opposed to those being filmed.

pogo
01-08-2020, 03:06 PM
It'd be better if the camera was back to the window as opposed to those being filmed.

But they want to show outside, no point in showing a wall, probably be a door in the middle of it. Brighten up the guests and that allows you to bring the iris down on the camera. Other option would be to tint the window to reduce light level coming in.

Peevemor
01-08-2020, 03:08 PM
Iris? I thought she was called Joelle.

pogo
01-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Iris? I thought she was called Joelle.

😂