PDA

View Full Version : Bee and Dee MalapropSister

SouthMoroccoStu
22-07-2020, 07:45 PM
New promo video for hibs season tickets...

Aye...

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1286020515921108994?s=21

hibby6270
22-07-2020, 07:49 PM
LOL Wee bit of a diversion from the usual “corporate” offering.
Thought ‘Grant Stott’ was excellent as Dougray. :wink:

Chorley Hibee
22-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Oh dear.....not for me I'm afraid.

As long as it entices some extra season ticket holders though.

Vault Boy
22-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Urm... Different.

Sales are sales, though.

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 07:55 PM
I actually thought it was OK, a bit different, engaging with Hibs fans and a bit humour. Getting slated on their twitter feed but some folk will moan at anything. If you don't like it is there a way really any need to take to Twitter to slate it?

Centre Hawf
22-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Not to be mean cause clearly folk have worked hard on that but a part from Dougray Scott that was fairly cringeworthy. Also is it just me or was there zero actual proper information other than "Chance for meet n greet" and "First to be back"? I should hope I'd be the first back if I've bought a season ticket.

Poor communication for me.

Glory Lurker
22-07-2020, 07:57 PM
I liked it!

Gatecrasher
I actually thought it was OK, a bit different, engaging with Hibs fans and a bit humour. Getting slated on their twitter feed but some folk will moan at anything. If you don't like it is there a way really any need to take to Twitter to slate it?

It's twitter, probably one of the more toxic social media platforms imo.

Fwiw I thought it was quite funny.

Ronniekirk
We seem to have been stuck at over 10,500 for a while now Can’t see this changing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70

Yeah not my cup of tea but not everything has to be, not that important really. Who are they? Are they comedians, on the tele or a comedy duo we’ve just put in front of the camera?

Saturday Boy
22-07-2020, 07:58 PM
I blame the lack of a proper grounding in English Literature.

Surely everyone should know about Mrs Malaprop in Sheridan’s “The Rivals” ?

What are young people reading nowadays?

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 07:59 PM
Yeah not my cup of tea but not everything has to be, not that important really. Who are they? Are they comedians, on the tele or a comedy duo we’ve just put in front of the camera?

Absolutely no idea who they are, it's not great but it's not terrible. I like it when Hibs try somethinf different

SouthMoroccoStu
22-07-2020, 08:00 PM
You know what, it’s something different
Can’t do the history/family/pride stuff every season
Good marketing gets people talking

MartinfaePorty
22-07-2020, 08:02 PM
I actually thought it was quite funny, but agree if the message is the benefits of buying a season ticket then that was a very small part of the video.

Hibee Mac
22-07-2020, 08:05 PM
You know what, it’s something different
Can’t do the history/family/pride stuff every season
Good marketing gets people talkingAnd bad marketing also gets people talking.....thankfully

The idea is great and I'm happy Hibs did it but good lord that is some of the cringiest *humour* I've ever witnessed [emoji23]

I'm being a grumpy **** but how can they look at themselves in the mirror after that [emoji23]

CropleyWasGod
22-07-2020, 08:08 PM
I blame the lack of a proper grounding in English Literature.

Surely everyone should know about Mrs Malaprop in Sheridan’s “The Rivals” ?

What are young people reading nowadays?

I blame the parents. Should be bringing them up on re-runs of Nellie Pledge.

wookie70
22-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Different and light hearted. Not many Scottish teams will have Holywood stars doing a turn for them and whoever the other two were. Hope they did it for their love of Hibs and if so thanks for your efforts.

Saturday Boy
22-07-2020, 08:14 PM
I blame the parents. Should be bringing them up on re-runs of Nellie Pledge.

Indeed. And let’s not get started on The Rev. Spooner. Without him, we might never have heard of Ronnie Barker.

madhatter
22-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Dont see the problem with it. Wasn't very funny or anything but bit of a laugh nevertheless. Good of them all to be involved - nice of Dougray to do something with Hibs. Seems to be quite an avid fan.

grunt
22-07-2020, 08:20 PM
I liked it. A bit of fun during these dark times. Football fans can be miserable people sometimes.

Billy Whizz
22-07-2020, 08:22 PM
I liked it. A bit of fun during these dark times. Football fans can be miserable people sometimes.

Sorry but it’s cringeworthy. Whoever sanctioned this is in the wrong job

grunt
22-07-2020, 08:22 PM
sorry but it’s cringeworthy. Whoever sanctioned this is in the wrong job

qed!

Vault Boy
22-07-2020, 08:23 PM
I don't like it but I find it completely inoffensive. Most fans on social media are just taking the piss a wee bit, which I think is fine, but there's a handful who are once again taking it way too far.

Folk talking about people getting sacked for it, tagging members of media staff directly and properly going at the club. They are completely unhinged and they don't seem to realise that they are in fact the true embarrassments to our club. Self awareness is so often lacking in these people.

I'm just hoping, like anybody else, that it helps to shift some season tickets. It's probably helpful to have a broadchurch of marketing approaches.

hibee_girl
22-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Bit harsh.

It’s a bit of fun, something different.

Bishop Hibee
22-07-2020, 08:25 PM
The responses on Twitter are more toxic than when we got relegated. Some absolute tubes with a bloated sense of their own self-importance.

It’s a bit of lighthearted nonsense promoting ST sales not an attempt to remake Citizen Kane.

offshorehibby
22-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Some people need to lighten up up and have a giggle FFS

Vault Boy
22-07-2020, 08:26 PM

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about tbh, out of proportion.

CropleyWasGod
22-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Indeed. And let’s not get started on The Rev. Spooner. Without him, we might never have heard of Ronnie Barker.

Bonnie who?

22-07-2020, 08:27 PM
I thought getting Dougray Scott mixed up with Grant Stott was quite funny, the malapropisms not so much. Still, it seems to be getting a bit of attention though so job done in that respect.

Nothing wrong with trying something a bit lighthearted, a wee promo with Duncan and Judy Murray would be decent.

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 08:28 PM
I don't like it but I find it completely inoffensive. Most fans on social media are just taking the piss a wee bit, which I think is fine, but there's a handful who are once again taking it way too far.

Folk talking about people getting sacked for it, tagging members of media staff directly and properly going at the club. They are completely unhinged and they don't seem to realise that they are in fact the true embarrassments to our club. Self awareness is so often lacking in these people.

I'm just hoping, like anybody else, that it helps to shift some season tickets. It's probably helpful to have a broadchurch of marketing approaches.

I'd hate to run the Hibs twitter account I really would. You should see it on match day.

Saturday Boy
22-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Bonnie who?

As Bee and Dee said, “Lang may your b*m reek”

Since452
22-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Maybe I've had a bad day but that is horrendous

Hibernian Verse
22-07-2020, 08:37 PM
That it's got so many people talking about it on here/twitter/Facebook suggests it's done what they wanted. Guarantee they'll get a few seasons off it for little outlay.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
22-07-2020, 08:40 PM
As Bee and Dee said, “Lang may your b*m reek”

Rum whit?

Hiber-nation
22-07-2020, 08:42 PM
WTF??? Did it get better after 45 seconds?

DarrenSQH
22-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Total shocker.

If hearts had done that we would rip the absolute pish.

Carheenlea
Not really sure what to say.

Winston Ingram
I thought that was really good

CropleyWasGod
22-07-2020, 08:49 PM
I'll see Saturday Boy's Sheridan and Ronnie Barker,and raise him with Oscar Wilde.

"The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.”

Job done for the Marketing Department, I'd say.

BILLYHIBS
22-07-2020, 08:50 PM
The strips were good

jingler1954
22-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Jeeso some people need to lighten up.Just a bit of light hearted banter ffs.

Bronson
22-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Toe-curlingly unfunny, can’t believe how bad that is. I’m genuinely embarrassed. I point blank refuse to believe anyone laughed at that.

Pretty Boy
22-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Erm yeah that was 'different'.

Not for me but then I don't expect everything Hibs do to be to my tastes. We keep releasing yellow strips ffs.

Didn't really appeal to my humour but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

RMQ1967
22-07-2020, 09:05 PM
I thought that was really good

I didn't read any comments but was expecting the worst when I seen it on my feed. Thought it was very well made - a bit of lighthearted banter and certainly not cringe worthy. Well done Hibs for doing something a bit different :top marks

MagicSwirlingShip
22-07-2020, 09:06 PM
That was quite surreal 😂

easty
22-07-2020, 09:08 PM
I only managed a few seconds of it, but didn’t like any of those seconds.

Just went back and watched it all. It’s not good.

Andy74
22-07-2020, 09:10 PM

I’d that not what comedy should help do for you?

easty
22-07-2020, 09:11 PM
Jeeso some people need to lighten up.Just a bit of light hearted banter ffs.

That’s what they say about Mrs Browns Boys, but that is also utter *****.

offshorehibby
22-07-2020, 09:15 PM
I’d that not what comedy should help do for you?

I had a giggle and thought it was lighthearted, some people seem to have had a giggle bypass :greengrin:greengrin:tee hee::tee hee:

RyeSloan
22-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Hee hee that was somewhat bizarre!

Not sure if I loved it or loathed it to be honest.

It maybe had a bit of Absolutely about it though so in the end I think I quite liked it, if only for its total oddness.

HFCdeb
22-07-2020, 09:16 PM
Worse than Janey Godley and Mrs Brown's Boys.

grunt
22-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Some people's reactions are so precious!

Itsnoteasy
22-07-2020, 09:19 PM
What an embarrassing video. If that was the H3AR7$ we'd be ripping the p1$h out of them.

JimBHibees
22-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Thought it was really good. Just a bit of fun really. :flag:

HappyAsHellas
22-07-2020, 09:23 PM
My Thespian associates assure me it is a classic of it's genre.

JimBHibees
22-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Worse than Janey Godley and Mrs Brown's Boys.

They are both very funny. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
22-07-2020, 09:28 PM
Not my cup of tea but its hardly an embarrassment.

Some people just need to moan I guess.

Peevemor
22-07-2020, 09:29 PM
It's not going to win any awards but I didn't mind it. Dougray Scott added a bit of credibility and without him it would have been pretty painful IMO.

G15 Hibs
22-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Having seen a few seconds of it with the sound off I feel no compulsion to turn the sound on.

MyJo
22-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Bit cringey but I have to admit I laughed a couple of times.

Either way it’s something a bit different and will hopefully appeal to those who aren’t already committed to the club.

I’d imagine the ones moaning about it are either the die-hards who already have a season ticket without needing encouragement and didn’t like it or the ones who have no intention of getting a season ticket and moan about everything anyway.

If it reaches a wider audience and makes someone laugh who then decides to follow Hibs because of it then good. I doubt it’s going to have the opposite effect and cause people to stop following the club if they are already supporters.

Its intended to generate attention and conversation. Love it or hate it, it’s doing its job.

McSwanky
22-07-2020, 09:40 PM
I didn't find it at all funny, but I'm quite comfortable for Hibs to be putting out nonsense like this. Gets people talking, which can only be a good thing.

Also shows we don't take ourselves too seriously, which is a good message.

I started wondering if Hearts' beautiful people promo from a few years ago was in a similar vein, then I remembered the gunts don't do irony.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

easty
22-07-2020, 09:42 PM
I’d imagine the ones moaning about it are either the die-hards who already have a season ticket without needing encouragement and didn’t like it or the ones who have no intention of getting a season ticket and moan about everything anyway.

Or they could just be folk who don’t find that kind of thing entertaining, regardless of what football team it relates to.

Brightside
22-07-2020, 09:43 PM
As usual loads of complaints on the social pages. Some people just can’t be helped.

Ronniekirk
22-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Should of got Ken Beattie and Chief Miekekson Both actors are Hibbies

ancient hibee
22-07-2020, 09:52 PM
I'll see Saturday Boy's Sheridan and Ronnie Barker,and raise him with Oscar Wilde.

"The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.”

Job done for the Marketing Department, I'd say.

Nothing wrong with trying a cunning stunt.

BILLYHIBS
22-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Should of got Ken Beattie and Chief Miekekson Both actors are Hibbies

Dougray Scott is a hibby and so is Grant Stott if it was him :greengrin

The 90+2
22-07-2020, 09:55 PM
Thought it was different and it’s being talked about so it’s all good. Liked the wee message at the end also.

MyJo
22-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Or they could just be folk who don’t find that kind of thing entertaining, regardless of what football team it relates to.

There’s lots of stuff I dislike and don’t find entertaining yet I manage to refrain from posting about how much I hate it and moaning about it at its creators

hibby6270
22-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Whether it’s good or bad, funny or unfunny, cringeworthy or not, it’s an advert that’s got us all talking and to me that is a successful advert.
It’s the ones you remember that stick in your mind that either sell the product or not.
In much the same way as the ‘Thank You NHS’ sponsor campaign caught the imagination, this ST advert might just do the same.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

bingo70
22-07-2020, 10:17 PM
There’s lots of stuff I dislike and don’t find entertaining yet I manage to refrain from posting about how much I hate it and moaning about it at its creators

Exactly.

The two female actors have put their head above the parapet to try and do something a bit entertaining. The media people at Hibs have given something different a wee shot. Good luck to them.

Some will find it a bit funny, some won’t. Who cares.

There’s people on twitter etc being pretty horrible about it all and there’s just no need. I’m sure all involved will be looking to see what the feedback is like on Social media and I hope they’re thick skinned.

Andy74
22-07-2020, 10:20 PM

You could easily have ignored Easty’s comment then? No need to tell us unless you like it.

Chuck Rhoades
22-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Good to see the marketing being creative, but they are miles off connecting with the support with that effort. Onto the next idea Hibs...

Brightside
22-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Maybe we could have got Tam to do it?:wink:

Sir David Gray
22-07-2020, 10:28 PM
Not my cup of tea but I think it's supposed to be cringy and cheesy, I think that's the point.

There's no publicity that's bad publicity and it seems to have got everyone talking. Regardless of whether it's complimentary or not, from the point of view of getting people talking about Hibs and season tickets, it's job done.

MartinfaePorty
22-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Good to see the marketing being creative, but they are miles off connecting with the support with that effort. Onto the next idea Hibs...Genuine question: given it only came out tonight, how can you tell? From Twitter responses? Posts on here? What are you measuring it against? The only real measure, unless there is a unanimous backlash against it from Hibs supporters, will surely be if season ticket sales go up or not.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2020, 10:39 PM
That just didn’t work for me. You can tell how cringey it was by the Jambo mates drawing it to your attention. Some small measure of revenge for them I guess.

lord bunberry
22-07-2020, 10:46 PM
That was one of the worst things ever to be put on the Internet. I’m actually laughing at it because it’s was so bad. Thank god I don’t know many fans of other clubs as I would be getting ripped to shreds after that. Anyway lang may yer bum reek :faf::faf:

kaimendhibs
22-07-2020, 10:47 PM
Its a bit of fun in *****y times. And its got people interested.
Brilliant marketing then.
Haters gonna hate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
22-07-2020, 10:54 PM
What is that I've just watched? I don't get it? Certainly one way to get peoples attention though!

The 90+2
22-07-2020, 10:56 PM
What is that I've just watched? I don't get it? Certainly one way to get peoples attention though!

Hollywood superstar promoting season tickets in between some cringe. Totally harmless.

Johnny_Leith
22-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Main take from it was that the home top looks great.

TheHarpy76
22-07-2020, 11:28 PM
Jesus, that just might convince people to hand their tickets back 😳.

That was bad. Really, really bad.

And before anyone starts. If Hearts had released that, we would be absolutely slaughtering it.

madhatter
22-07-2020, 11:59 PM
Jesus, that just might convince people to hand their tickets back ��.

That was bad. Really, really bad.

And before anyone starts. If Hearts had released that, we would be absolutely slaughtering it.

Why? I really don't see the objection to it. It wasn't great humour or anything but surely it should be taken for what it is...something light-hearted. It wasn't our main ticketing campaign, just a short video to promote season ticket membership for the impending HibsTV stuff.

I know it was a hyperbole but anybody who would consider handing tickets back due to a 2.19min video with some bad humour is just being ridiculous.

Why is 33 Kangaroos in the stand anymore "legitimate" or commendable than this video being put together with Dougray Scott involvement? If we take everything coming out of the club serious then I'd argue we shouldn't have such cutouts in the stand and everyone's cutouts should be stringently vetted and their suitability determined before they were added (people wouldn't be able to do the Budge cutouts etc.).

Let fans from other clubs slaughter it, why bother what they think? We shouldn't take ourselves too serious, really. The embedded video has had 55k views so brought traffic rightly or wrongly.

Green Manalishi
23-07-2020, 12:01 AM
I wish another team had put that cringefest out and not us

majorhibs
23-07-2020, 12:27 AM
If it’s no for you, simply leave it to those not minding it at all. Easy! Yellow 2nd strips sometimes fine by me tae, after purple & white obv.

Chuck Rhoades
23-07-2020, 06:05 AM
Genuine question: given it only came out tonight, how can you tell? From Twitter responses? Posts on here? What are you measuring it against? The only real measure, unless there is a unanimous backlash against it from Hibs supporters, will surely be if season ticket sales go up or not.

Reaction on social channels, forums and chatting to friends. Customer feedback is a measure. ST sales are another, but probably more a lagging measure than in the moment feedback. Based on that feedback, I’d be surprised if this advert drove a direct increase in ST sales. Would love to be wrong!

Beefster
23-07-2020, 06:12 AM
Not my cup of tea but its hardly an embarrassment.

Some people just need to moan I guess.

Yup. Everyone expects everything to appeal to them. If it doesn’t, they need to let everyone know about it.

Antifa Hibs
23-07-2020, 06:46 AM
"If it was Hertz we would be ripping them" "We'll got slaughtered for this"

Even on a thread about a daft promo stunt about Hibs people still thinking about them. The obsession with that club on here as strong as ever. ******ng weird. Same on twitter aswell. Worry about Hearts when they can finish about us in the league. When they are actually competing in the same league as them. When they can survive without donations from millionaires. Until then they are a complete non-entity. Get over them.

Regarding the video it was either luck or genius but its gone a bit viral in Scottish fitba so job's a good 'un as far as the marketing team are concerned.

MartinfaePorty
23-07-2020, 06:54 AM
Reaction on social channels, forums and chatting to friends. Customer feedback is a measure. ST sales are another, but probably more a lagging measure than in the moment feedback. Based on that feedback, I’d be surprised if this advert drove a direct increase in ST sales. Would love to be wrong!Cheers for that. Interesting that, from what I have read, comments on Facebook are much more positive than those on Twitter. Perhaps due to there being a different demographic on each or that Facebook is less of a hostile environment?

Brightside
23-07-2020, 06:56 AM
That just didn’t work for me. You can tell how cringey it was by the Jambo mates drawing it to your attention. Some small measure of revenge for them I guess.

I always base my concerns in what my Jambo mates think.

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2020, 06:58 AM
I was expecting something really embarrassing after reading this thread.

It was nothing of the sort. Just a cheesy wee promo vid, don’t see the harm at all.

mcohibs
23-07-2020, 07:07 AM
It's a bit of slapstick comedy ffs. Not everyone's cup of tea but who cares? It's different and it's got people talking.

People seem to be missing the bigger issue IMO that there doesn't actually seem to be any real benefits that were being announced?? A lot of effort, planning and I'd imagine money spent for a promo video that effectively announces nothing??

lucky
23-07-2020, 07:07 AM
Hibs have released a promo video to encourage Hibs fans to buy season tickets. The video itself might not be for everyone’s taste but it’s already generated 3 pages on here and got people talking on social media. The fact Hearts fans or fans of any other club are slagging it is irrelevant. They weren’t going to buy a ST, it’s a bit of lighthearted fun aimed at Hibs fans. The marketing team at Hibs are doing well with the NHS logo now a video. Marketing is about getting people talking about your product which leads to sales. Worst case, no Hibs fan buys a ST, is this video really going to make that happen?

Come on guys lighten up

Brightside
23-07-2020, 07:10 AM
It's a bit of slapstick comedy ffs. Not everyone's cup of tea but who cares? It's different and it's got people talking.

People seem to be missing the bigger issue IMO that there doesn't actually seem to be any real benefits that were being announced?? A lot of effort, planning and I'd imagine money spent for a promo video that effectively announces nothing??

Access to the game before anyone who doesn’t have a ticket. You’ll see the rage soon enough when non ST holders can’t get to watch them. Or when we are limited to 12000 in the stadium.

Dmas
23-07-2020, 07:11 AM
It wasn’t the best thing I’ve ever seen but it worked, it’s everywhere some people enjoyed it it’s not offensive to anyone, only thing I’d criticise it for his the lack of info on these extra benefits, everyone knows about the HibsTv aspect by now so all that told us was the opportunity for online meet and greets, whats the others? 20% of at Vittoria would have been worth a mention

ian cruise
23-07-2020, 07:14 AM
A lot of the BBC Short Stuff comedy is very hit and miss. Wasn't my cup of tea but it's not anything to get worked up about of embarrassed of.

Steve20
23-07-2020, 07:15 AM
I see we've got people criticising folk on social media for daring to have an opinion. If they think it's crap, so what? They not allowed an opinion?

Personally, I won't be losing any sleep over it but it was pretty cringeworthy.

green day
23-07-2020, 07:15 AM
I am going to drive past ER later today and blow a raspberry out the window and cut up my ST such is my utter humiliation from "friends on social media" about a 2 minute promo video.......................................

Or - back in the real world - maybe I will just carry on with my day?

Brightside
23-07-2020, 07:21 AM
I see we've got people criticising folk on social media for daring to have an opinion. If they think it's crap, so what? They not allowed an opinion?

I'd say there are a fair few who criticise Hibs for everything they do on Social Media. Thats pretty cringeworthy.

we are hibs
23-07-2020, 07:21 AM
Its honking.

I dont know why so many people are getting offended by people pointing that out.

bawheid
23-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Don’t see the problem with it at all to be honest. Certainly better than Terry Butcher larking around in some army gear.

green day
23-07-2020, 07:32 AM
I'd say there are a fair few who criticise Hibs for everything they do on Social Media. Thats pretty cringeworthy.

Correct

Its honking.

I dont know why so many people are getting offended by people pointing that out.

See above

whiskyhibby
23-07-2020, 07:44 AM
Hibs have released a promo video to encourage Hibs fans to buy season tickets. The video itself might not be for everyone’s taste but it’s already generated 3 pages on here and got people talking on social media. The fact Hearts fans or fans of any other club are slagging it is irrelevant. They weren’t going to buy a ST, it’s a bit of lighthearted fun aimed at Hibs fans. The marketing team at Hibs are doing well with the NHS logo now a video. Marketing is about getting people talking about your product which leads to sales. Worst case, no Hibs fan buys a ST, is this video really going to make that happen?

Come on guys lighten up

Completely agree, i quite liked it and if it gets people talking then its done its job

Clarence
23-07-2020, 07:48 AM
I thought it was good. I think it reflects the humility and warmth of the club as opposed to the arrogant and insipid nature of those in Gorgie. They will probably have Tommy Robinson and Greg Wallace, draped in Union Jacks, stuffing their faces with jam tarts whilst earnestly saluting the monument for MacCrae’s Battalion.

What do people want from a Hibs celebrity promotional video - Kirsty Gallagher in an emerald green evening gown promising every season ticket holder a bedtime story. Oh wait a minute...maybe there were better options 😁

malcolm
23-07-2020, 07:49 AM
All the the umbrage is pretty funny, the video not so much.

However, the important bit is the message not the vehicle that delivered it. The vehicle seems to have been a phenomenal success based on the views and attention it is getting. Even discounting within that those for whom the message is not intended, the ‘buy a season ticket see games’ point will have been brought to the attention of more who may act on it than otherwise. It also showcased just how good the new home top is.:greengrin

Focusing on the vehicle rather than what it is delivering is like ignoring a beer delivery because the drayman tells bad jokes and his lorry needs a wash.

Clarence
23-07-2020, 07:51 AM
Its honking.

Who is getting offended? Genuine question. I’ve just seen people have contrary opinions. Or do you often point out that people get offended a lot these days?

OstKurve Hibs
23-07-2020, 07:55 AM
That video would probably put folk of buying a season ticket lol

InchHibby
23-07-2020, 08:07 AM

Come on guys lighten up

Totally agree, a bit of light hearted fun and don’t we just need that at the moment. Anyway, it wouldn’t matter if it was the best advert in the world, nobody but us are going to say it’s good.

KeithTheHibby
23-07-2020, 08:08 AM
It’s terrible. However I think that’s the point. I’ve seen Hearts supporting plums sharing it on twitter so I think it’s doing its job.

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 08:24 AM
They shouldn't have said at the start that they're called the Malaprop sisters. Anyone who clocks the reference is waiting for the malapropisms to arrive and, for the most part, they're not that funny.

IMO the humour would have worked better had we not been told what to expect.

calumhibee1
23-07-2020, 08:26 AM
**** me that was hard to watch 😂

Sammy7nil
23-07-2020, 08:30 AM

I agree it is absolutely fine just a wee bit of a carry on and a coup to get Dougray to do it. Won't be for everyone but what is, the fact we have over 100 posts and people sharing on lots of other platforms mission accomplished :aok:

easty
23-07-2020, 08:31 AM
I've never understood the whole "if it gets people talking about it, then it's good, it's doing its job" argument.

I've seen loads of terrible adverts on telly, and I've never been compelled to go buy the thing because of them.

Does anyone honestly believe that someone who wasn't going to buy a season ticket, saw that ad and thought - actually I really want to go buy one now?

If we sell another 1000 season tickets, it'll be because those people want a season ticket, not because of a cringe fest ad campaign.

RoYO!
23-07-2020, 08:34 AM
Probably made it through 30 seconds or so. Cringeworthy doesn't cover it for me.

CallumLaidlaw
23-07-2020, 08:39 AM

But do you think it’s fair for folk on twitter to tag individual Hibs employees on twitter and tell them how terrible it is and how it must be deleted immediately?

bingo70
23-07-2020, 08:42 AM
But do you think it’s fair for folk on twitter to tag individual Hibs employees on twitter and tell them how terrible it is and how it must be deleted immediately?

I think it’s ironic that these people are calling the video embarrassing when their reaction is a million times more embarrassing for them than a silly wee promotional video.

Fish
23-07-2020, 08:44 AM
I've just watched it and it is good to see the club trying something different, why not work with local comedians and support local talent.

As for cringeworthy, take a look at our near neighbours' constant use of the 1st World War, I would be surprised if the unearthed a Two Ronnies sketch about the 1st world war...

Broken Gnome
23-07-2020, 08:46 AM
I'd like to thank you all. I had zero expectations going by the reaction, and I actually managed to make it all the way through.

Wasn't really funny in the slightest, mind you, but the marker for these things is equally how cheap and nastily produced they can tend to look. It wasn't a disaster on that front, so overall I think we can avoid a slightly OTT sense of feeling ashamed of Hibs and what they're trying to do.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2020, 08:47 AM
Made me chuckle a few times, bit different i suppose but i liked it. :aok:

Keith_M
23-07-2020, 08:51 AM
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have the real Grant Stott.

I mean, who was that non-entity?

hibbysam
23-07-2020, 09:01 AM
Being shared everywhere, being spoken about everywhere. Job well done from the marketing team.

Barman Stanton
23-07-2020, 09:01 AM
Yup. Everyone expects everything to appeal to them. If it doesn’t, they need to let everyone know about it.

This is so true. We now live in a strange society where everyone feels the need to tell everyone their opinions on things they don’t like. Plus everyone just seems so angry at the moment.

bingo70
23-07-2020, 09:06 AM
This is so true. We now live in a strange society where everyone feels the need to tell everyone their opinions on things they don’t like. Plus everyone just seems so angry at the moment.

**** you, I am not.

***** post anyway.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Good chance it will be Hibs most watched promo video yet. I’d say that is a job well done from a marketing perspective.
Personally I think it makes a nice change from the tug at the heart strings stuff.

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 09:17 AM
I've never understood the whole "if it gets people talking about it, then it's good, it's doing its job" argument.

I've seen loads of terrible adverts on telly, and I've never been compelled to go buy the thing because of them.

Does anyone honestly believe that someone who wasn't going to buy a season ticket, saw that ad and thought - actually I really want to go buy one now?

If we sell another 1000 season tickets, it'll be because those people want a season ticket, not because of a cringe fest ad campaign.

I think for regular products, the idea is just to get your brand name in people's heads by any means necessary. This probably works to a certain extent – even though no one watches an advert and thinks 'well I'd better jump online and buy insurance through Compare the Market', it's probably true that if they eventually need to look for insurance, they're more likely to end up using one of Compare the Market/Money Supermarket/Go Compare purely because they know they exist.

I doubt this theory applies to season tickets, because no one is ever in the situation of thinking 'I'm going to buy a season ticket, I wonder which clubs are selling them?'.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2020, 09:17 AM
I didn’t realise they were a proper act, just something that was put together for this ad. I’ve never heard of them

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 09:20 AM
I didn’t realise they were a proper act, just something that was put together for this ad. I’ve never heard of them

Crikey!

danhibees1875
23-07-2020, 09:21 AM

I hadn't heard of them before (I have now, job done for them too) but I imagine they probably have a show at the fringe and would have been looking to do some work to promote themselves with the fringe being cancelled.

A good opportunity to help out a local act with some publicity while redelivering the ST message in a different way.

The whole thing was fine, something a bit different. It's definitely not embarrassing or awful.

Sammy7nil
23-07-2020, 09:25 AM

Yeah advertising never works has no impact whatsoever and £billions are completely wasted ever year. :rolleyes:

I do agree at this late stage this particular ad will have little impact on sales.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2020, 09:27 AM
Crikey!

Had you

23-07-2020, 09:28 AM

Would it have cost a lot of money? I don't think so.
I can imagine Dougray Scott, as a big Hibs fan, did it as a favour. Can't see the Malaprop Sisters having a big fee and it looks like they do their own makeup. Wore Hibs strips so cost next to nothing. It was filmed in the ticket office and Dougray Scott was at home so no location costs. Hibs have got the camera equipment already so I'd guess cameraman, editing etc can be done in-house. Was only 2 mins long so could easily be filmed and edited in a day or 2 so even if external people hired for filming, the costs wouldn't have been excessive.

mcohibs
23-07-2020, 09:29 AM
Access to the game before anyone who doesn’t have a ticket. You’ll see the rage soon enough when non ST holders can’t get to watch them. Or when we are limited to 12000 in the stadium.

Under what measures do you envisage there being a limit to 12 thousand people in a public gathering?

Are the scottish gov. going to put this in place to suit the number of season tickets that Hibs sell??

FranckSuzy
23-07-2020, 09:29 AM
There used to be an old adage that if you didn't 'get' an advert then the campaign wasn't aimed at you. If that still holds true then it's job done as far as I'm concerned as I've already renewed my ST :greengrin

Peevemor
23-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Had you

No, not at all.

I'm surprised that they're not a bit better given that it's an ongoing thing.

weecounty hibby
23-07-2020, 09:43 AM
Watched it for the first time this morning and honestly I don't get all the negative, cringe, someone should be sacked comments. It was funny in bits, it advertises Hibs, it has folk talking about Hibs. Job done and those who thought of it in the marketing department will be chuffed I suspect. Advertising works, the company I work for spend £1b per year in marketing, advertising and sponsorship. It works but I honestly don't get some of the ads that they produce but the annual profits suggest it works well tho

Baker9
23-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Being shared everywhere, being spoken about everywhere. Job well done from the marketing team.

That goes for me too. I am assuming there was little or no cost in getting the actors and if so, it is a superb piece of advertising. Marketers will appreciate the beauty in it.

Weir07
23-07-2020, 09:50 AM
There used to be an old adage that if you didn't 'get' an advert then the campaign wasn't aimed at you. If that still holds true then it's job done as far as I'm concerned as I've already renewed my ST :greengrin

Well if that adage is true, the club must be looking to increase junior season ticket sales, juvenile sums up the video and humour, who on earth thought that approach would boost season ticket sales?

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 09:51 AM

It’s more so publicity to get folk watching it with the message that only season ticket holders will get to watch all the home games online to a, let anyone know that didn’t already know that and b, let people know there will be some meet and greet online with the likes of DS. It’s a lot better advertising than Hibs just tweeting it or spending the same amount of money taking out a double page spread in the EEN or a quick advert on Forth One. It also showed off the new Tops and had a good important messaging of staying home to watch the game on it. If you ignore the two lassies trying to be funny it was actually no bad.

Chuck Rhoades
23-07-2020, 09:55 AM
Cheers for that. Interesting that, from what I have read, comments on Facebook are much more positive than those on Twitter. Perhaps due to there being a different demographic on each or that Facebook is less of a hostile environment?

Forums, Facebook, .net all the consensus it’s poor. As is word of mouth.

easty
23-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Yeah advertising never works has no impact whatsoever and £billions are completely wasted ever year. :rolleyes:

I do agree at this late stage this particular ad will have little impact on sales.

:rolleyes: You're right :rolleyes: Thats what I said :rolleyes::rolleyes: That advertising doesn't work :rolleyes: Billions wasted every year :rolleyes: Good one you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
23-07-2020, 10:06 AM
The reaction to this all seems a bit OTT. It's not for me but I'm not easily enough embarrassed as to be worried about it.

The point about 'everyone is talking about it so it's good' doesn't really work in football though. Football isn't like a supermarket, a comparison website or whatever in the sense that you are very, very unlikely to poach customers from your competitors in football. 5000 people mentioning Hibs on Twitter on the back of an advert is unlikely to see fans from other clubs rush out to buy a ST. ST marketing is ulimataly aimed at Hibs fans and Hibs fans alone and we have a limited customer base, Hibs marketing has to appeal to Hibs fans and the number of other fans who are takling about it is largely irrelevant. To that end is this particular output likely to be the driver for someone to buy or renew? I'd suggest just over a week before the season starts almost everyone who is going to buy has done so. The July payday might see a small jump but somewhere around the 11K mark is where we will stay. That's not a criticism solely of this piece, there is very little Hibs can put out now that will increase the sales much further.

FWIW I'm not against Hibs trying new things on the marketing front. Some will hit and others will miss. Ultimately though I think it's always going to be the tug at the heartstrings, family and friend centric, we're all in this together stuff that will have the most success with fans.

FranckSuzy
23-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Well if that adage is true, the club must be looking to increase junior season ticket sales, juvenile sums up the video and humour, who on earth thought that approach would boost season ticket sales?

A recent comparison would be Kingsley, the Partick Thistle mascot. It was widely ridiculed at the time but then the Club gained publicity from the 'backlash', it appeared on a Ch. 4 game show, made headlines when it mooned at Celtic players and made the top 3 in a world cup of football mascots. No publicity is bad publicity as they say :aok:

Clarence
23-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Bee is quite tidy.

Baker9
23-07-2020, 10:10 AM
It’s more so publicity to get folk watching it with the message that only season ticket holders will get to watch all the home games online to a, let anyone know that didn’t already know that and b, let people know there will be some meet and greet online with the likes of DS. It’s a lot better advertising than Hibs just tweeting it or spending the same amount of money taking out a double page spread in the EEN or a quick advert on Forth One. It also showed off the new Tops and had a good important messaging of staying home to watch the game on it. If you ignore the two lassies trying to be funny it was actually no bad.

I was just going to suggest that we invite the sisters to be mascots at our first game - seriously.

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 10:13 AM
A recent comparison would be Kingsley, the Partick Thistle mascot. It was widely ridiculed at the time but then the Club gained publicity from the 'backlash', it appeared on a Ch. 4 game show, made headlines when it mooned at Celtic players and made the top 3 in a world cup of football mascots. No publicity is bad publicity as they say :aok:

Yeah but the people ridiculing it were wrong, because Kingsley is incredible.

This is fact not opinion.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-07-2020, 10:27 AM
I liked it!

Me too!

Northernhibee
23-07-2020, 10:29 AM
It’s awful, but then again I don’t expect every bit of creative output by every company in the world to be aimed at me so I won’t complain like a child on Twitter about it.

23-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Plus, the promo is getting free advertising in the EEN:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hollywood-star-dougray-scott-teams-edinburgh-comedy-double-act-promote-benefits-hibs-season-ticket-2920163

Since452
23-07-2020, 10:33 AM
Bee is quite tidy.

Glad you said it first

jacomo
23-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Forums, Facebook, .net all the consensus it’s poor. As is word of mouth.

Well if someone I’ve never met is criticising it on Facebook I will definitely need to revise my opinion.

lord bunberry
23-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Some people are taking this way to seriously, there’s no doubt it’s toe curlingly awful, but it’s a bit of fun. Other fans are ripping us, just as we would do to them, but people saying it’s embarrassing and we should delete it are going over the top. I hope we use them again as it’s certainly got everyone talking. I’ll be absolutely shell ****ged if it doesn’t shift a few more season tickets :faf::faf::faf:

keep the faith
23-07-2020, 10:41 AM
It is what it is and not worth getting upset about. For me though its just bizarre. It's that "the steamie" style 70s glasgow humour. What that has to do with leith and our club in 2020 is a strange one.

For me it's an desperately unfunny misstep but if it sells tickets then I tip my hat to them.

Godsahibby
23-07-2020, 10:43 AM
The only up side of this is that it’s that bad it’s getting some amount of coverage and discussion amongst fans and it may actually get people thinking about a season ticket.

grunt
23-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Forums, Facebook, .net all the consensus it’s poor. As is word of mouth.The majority of voters wanted a Tory Government. What's your point?

The 90+2
23-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Plus, the promo is getting free advertising in the EEN:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hollywood-star-dougray-scott-teams-edinburgh-comedy-double-act-promote-benefits-hibs-season-ticket-2920163

There we go. Jobs a good’un.

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2020, 10:48 AM
The only up side of this is that it’s that bad it’s getting some amount of coverage and discussion amongst fans and it may actually get people thinking about a season ticket.

Isn't that the point of marketing?

Alex Trager
23-07-2020, 10:48 AM

Jeeso.

You could argue that it’s absolutely doing it’s job. Got people talking

marinello59
23-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Some people are taking this way to seriously, there’s no doubt it’s toe curlingly awful, but it’s a bit of fun. Other fans are ripping us, just as we would do to them, but people saying it’s embarrassing and we should delete it are going over the top. I hope we use them again as it’s certainly got everyone talking. I’ll be absolutely shell ****ged if it doesn’t shift a few more season tickets :faf::faf::faf:

:top marks

CockneyRebel
23-07-2020, 10:53 AM

McSwanky
23-07-2020, 10:57 AM
The majority of voters wanted a Tory Government. What's your point?

I get the point you're trying to make, but only 43.6% of voters in the UK voted Tory. (Sorry to be pedantic!)

oldbutdim
23-07-2020, 10:59 AM
I watched it. And read this thread about it.

The only thing I found 'cringey' was when I read Hibs fans were tagging in the folk involved in making the promo and slating them.
Really no need to do that.

IWasThere2016
23-07-2020, 11:02 AM
LOL Wee bit of a diversion from the usual “corporate” offering.
Thought ‘Grant Stott’ was excellent as Dougray. :wink:

:agree:

I manage an excellent and successful Marketing Team... different/cheesy isn't easily forgotten and often that is the point..:flag:

IWasThere2016
23-07-2020, 11:03 AM

hhibs
23-07-2020, 11:06 AM

I manage an excellent and successful Marketing Team... different/cheesy isn't easily forgotten and often that is the point..:flag:

Tottally agree.

Since452
23-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Now that I've thrown all my toys out the pram and cried myself to sleep over it I actually think it's quite clever. Never seen a Hibs season ticket marketing video get so much attention on here or any of the other social media platforms before.

Still horrendous though 😉

RoYO!
23-07-2020, 11:07 AM

And yet when I come to search for insurance I'm well aware of the companies I'd avoid, solely down to marketing choices.

This is a classic each to their own argument.

I thought it was unwatchable. Others disagree.

Posters saying lighten up FFS also need to do exactly that re negative reactions.

Victor
23-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Probably made it through 30 seconds or so. Cringeworthy doesn't cover it for me.

I see you have Ron Burgundy as your avatar. Now these are films that divide opinion. Does that mean that they should not have been made? It could be said that they are unfunny and ‘cringeworthy’, but yet they made millions. Not having a dig at you just the people who are posting OTT comments. Humour is a subjective thing, there are few things that are universally funny (apart from Hearts). I found the ‘advert’ humorous and impressed that we have got Dougray Scott to agree to it. If it is not your ‘cup of tea’ then fine, but it does not signal the end of Hibs or justify some of the comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve-O
23-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Not to be mean cause clearly folk have worked hard on that but a part from Dougray Scott that was fairly cringeworthy. Also is it just me or was there zero actual proper information other than "Chance for meet n greet" and "First to be back"? I should hope I'd be the first back if I've bought a season ticket.

Poor communication for me.

Have to say I’m not sure the “added benefits” hit the spot. One ADDED benefit is that you will see the games on Hibs TV. Given that you have literally paid to GO to these games, I think having them on Hibs TV is more of a consolation than a benefit. Also, “a chance” at online meet and greets...ummmm, no thanks!

grunt
23-07-2020, 11:09 AM
I get the point you're trying to make, but only 43.6% of voters in the UK voted Tory. (Sorry to be pedantic!)
That's absolutely fine, it's good to be clear. However by the same token, I somehow doubt that across all of Twitter and all of Facebook, not even counting forums, that there's a majority consensus against this wonderful ad.

Bizarrely, the more people post their dislike of it, the more I'm enjoying it. Not sure why that is.

JohnM1875
23-07-2020, 11:20 AM
I watched it. And read this thread about it.

The only thing I found 'cringey' was when I read Hibs fans were tagging in the folk involved in making the promo and slating them.
Really no need to do that.

Seriously? That is shocking if so.

What is actually the matter with folk? Social media has so much to answer for.

So what if you didn't like something. No need at all to harass the people involved. Pathetic behaviour.

Northernhibee
23-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Seriously? That is shocking if so.

What is actually the matter with folk? Social media has so much to answer for.

So what if you didn't like something. No need at all to harass the people involved. Pathetic behaviour.

Unfortunately social media and populist politics realised that in order to be successful you don't need to appeal to the smartest of people, but rather the dumbest of the population. It empowers them and now we have Boris, the absolute mess that is Twitter and Mrs. Browns Boys.

mcohibs
23-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Bee is quite tidy.

Dee for me

jacomo
23-07-2020, 11:41 AM

This is like people who criticise strikers because the only thing they do is score goals.

Yes, that’s the point.

Alex Trager
23-07-2020, 11:48 AM
And yet when I come to search for insurance I'm well aware of the companies I'd avoid, solely down to marketing choices.

This is a classic each to their own argument.

I thought it was unwatchable. Others disagree.

Posters saying lighten up FFS also need to do exactly that re negative reactions.

I suppose the difference is that you can’t go elsewhere for a season ticket than hibs.

It most certainly has done it’s job, whether you or I like it, matters not!

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Dee for me

You can double date!

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately social media and populist politics realised that in order to be successful you don't need to appeal to the smartest of people, but rather the dumbest of the population. It empowers them and now we have Boris, the absolute mess that is Twitter and Mrs. Browns Boys.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis

I'm sorry, that's terrible, I shouldn't compare Bee and Dee to Coldplay

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Why the hell are some of you bringing politics into a thread like this?

Happens way too much theses days. Everyone has to tell us how much they hate Boris blah, blah, blah.

It’s a wee comedy sketch ffs.

Groathillgrump
23-07-2020, 12:00 PM
I'm an old fart and I found it funny. :greengrin Nice to see Hibs try something a wee bit different.

Not surprised at some of the OTT reaction to it on social media though as some people seem desperate to be outraged at anything these days!

It's just a bit of fun and like any comedy it'll appeal to some and won't to others.

Brizo
23-07-2020, 12:02 PM
It's all a bit weedgie pantomime banter for my liking.

If Hertz had done this I'd be ripping it big time.

Because it's us I'm thinking its a highly agile marketing tool to promote brand identity with a fan base who will understand and appreciate it's ironic synergy.

Speedway
23-07-2020, 12:06 PM
If that was designed to be intentionally bad then it's very well done as intentionally bad is tough to do.

Otherwise, chalk that one up to inexperience.

It's easy to get Hibs stuff right, like that Duff/Gray shares ad we did back in the 80 although I'm this would be 'fatist' nowadays.

Lendo
23-07-2020, 12:22 PM
So so so so bad.

Keith_M
23-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Bee and Dee didn't tickle my funny bone this time, but they're welcome to give at another try when I've got some time off work...

Northernhibee
23-07-2020, 01:07 PM
Why the hell are some of you bringing politics into a thread like this?

Happens way too much theses days. Everyone has to tell us how much they hate Boris blah, blah, blah.

It’s a wee comedy sketch ffs.
It’s almost as if they’re both posts to take the Mickey out of Mrs Browns Boys and Coldplay.

But you’re right, some people are evidently way too quick and sensitive.

But you’re right as well, I do despise that racist, sexist, homophobic Tory coward. No decent person wouldn’t.

ian cruise
23-07-2020, 01:15 PM
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis

I'm sorry, that's terrible, I shouldn't compare Bee and Dee to Coldplay

I feel this Peep Show reference isn't getting the respect it deserves. Bravo.

G15 Hibs
23-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Was Bill Barclay unavailable?

Alan62
23-07-2020, 01:22 PM
I'm not quite following all the embarrassment and indignation. It's a season ticket promo that's a bit of lighthearted fun. It has a comedy duo and a major Hollywood star - presumably working for little or not pay. It's got folks talking. Comedy is always subjective but, in a world where shareable content is an ambition for marketers, that was a risk well worth taking. That's my professional opinion and I've been in the business for a very, very long time. Now, let's leave Bee and Dee for a while and get back to talking about Hearts.

grunt
23-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Why the hell are some of you bringing politics into a thread like this?Analogy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy)

Monts
23-07-2020, 01:35 PM
When I first saw it I immediately shared it as I thought it was so groan-worthy i wanted to see the reaction of others.

And that's the point of it. The marketing team will be basing its success on how many interactions it has, which will be off the charts compared to previous ones.

And even though it is a season ticket advert, it will not only be aimed at making people buy season tickets. It will be reminding people about hibs. There will be plenty people of a hibs persuasion who have put hibs to the back of their mind since football stopped. Having their friends and followers send them things like this put hibs back in their mind, regardless of whether they found it funny or not. They may not buy a season ticket, but they might now buy a new strip for their nephews birthday, or whatever, and that only benefits hibs.

Clarence
23-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Good example of this I think -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_cringe

“The cringe is said to manifest as feelings of low self-worth and embarrassment felt by Scottish people in response to overt expressions of Scottish cultural identity[4] and heritage such as the Lowland Scots and Scottish Gaelic languages...”

SouthMoroccoStu
23-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Cheers Ian!

Sudds_1
23-07-2020, 02:05 PM
I remember when monty python was first screened it was roundly slated as puerile nonsensical trash. Its about opinions and what folks find funny....and how they are geared to receive it. People expecting to see a flying circus would have been severely miffed...people expecting to see " same old" comedy wpuld equally be unimpressed. Those with an open mind might have found some of the python stuff funny at the time. Point is....sometimes new stuff needs time to find an sudience. And if we saw the same old thing all the time we' d be mightily bored! 😁

Vault Boy
23-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Some fans might consider this to be a wee bit embarrassing, but Birmingham City have just retired the number 22 shirt for Jude Bellingham... Who played for one season, scoring 4 goals.

So there's that.

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Some fans might consider this to be a wee bit embarrassing, but Birmingham City have just retired the number 22 shirt for Jude Bellingham... Who played for one season, scoring 4 goals.

So there's that.

I think they've retired it in honour of the 22 million quid they got for him.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2020, 02:18 PM
I think they've retired it in honour of the 22 million quid they got for him.

Is he any good

Chip shop Joe
23-07-2020, 02:21 PM
It is awful. As my mate said the only thing that would make it worse was if it was John Leslie rather than Dougray Scott!!

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Is he any good

No idea. Dortmund apparently think so and they have an excellent record in developing young players.

gbhibby
23-07-2020, 02:25 PM
When Barrs want an advert made for Irn Bru all they say to their marketing company is make it memorable. I bet most people can remember the Irn Bru adverts from years ago good or bad. The sentimental stuff is OK but how many people actually view them.
The Thank You NHS on the front of the strips and this I think the marketing department have played a blinder

Weir07
23-07-2020, 02:32 PM
When I first saw it I immediately shared it as I thought it was so groan-worthy i wanted to see the reaction of others.

And that's the point of it. The marketing team will be basing its success on how many interactions it has, which will be off the charts compared to previous ones.

And even though it is a season ticket advert, it will not only be aimed at making people buy season tickets. It will be reminding people about hibs. There will be plenty people of a hibs persuasion who have put hibs to the back of their mind since football stopped. Having their friends and followers send them things like this put hibs back in their mind, regardless of whether they found it funny or not. They may not buy a season ticket, but they might now buy a new strip for their nephews birthday, or whatever, and that only benefits hibs.

Sure the Marketing Team will be hailing their bad marketing as a success, typical corporate stuff, put out some substandard rubbish then go around convincing everyone that it was deliberate and extolling all the sub benefits (that they had to hastily make up as they didn't manage to meet the actual target of their work with the output they produced).

Looks like the whole point of the exercise was to promote the benefit of a season ticket, why anyone thought that a football audience would be receptive to the Malaprop sisters is beyond me, actually sought out some of their other work, to see if the Hibs stuff was just a bad day at the office, it wasn't.

Keith_M
23-07-2020, 02:32 PM

So there's that.

I thought you were joking but they actually have!

Now THAT is what I'd describe as cringeworthy.

Monts
23-07-2020, 03:03 PM
Sure the Marketing Team will be hailing their bad marketing as a success, typical corporate stuff, put out some substandard rubbish then go around convincing everyone that it was deliberate and extolling all the sub benefits (that they had to hastily make up as they didn't manage to meet the actual target of their work with the output they produced).

Looks like the whole point of the exercise was to promote the benefit of a season ticket, why anyone thought that a football audience would be receptive to the Malaprop sisters is beyond me, actually sought out some of their other work, to see if the Hibs stuff was just a bad day at the office, it wasn't.

I'm not sure why you think its not meeting its targets. It was clearly aiming for high interaction and view rates from the start. That's why you use big names. It was also well aware of its own low brow comedy, with Dougray's line about working with idiots.

And while the message was around the benefits of owning a season ticket, nobody will be expecting to sell thousands off the back of it. But they will be expecting to remind people who have fallen off the radar that hibs still exist.

Clarence
23-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Seconded.

Clarence
23-07-2020, 03:26 PM
I'm not quite following all the embarrassment and indignation. It's a season ticket promo that's a bit of lighthearted fun. It has a comedy duo and a major Hollywood star - presumably working for little or not pay. It's got folks talking. Comedy is always subjective but, in a world where shareable content is an ambition for marketers, that was a risk well worth taking. That's my professional opinion and I've been in the business for a very, very long time. Now, let's leave Bee and Dee for a while and get back to talking about Hearts.

Comedy folk ken whits gone oan.

Alan62
23-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Comedy folk ken whits gone oan.

Marketing folks ken what’s going on. Been places, done hings.

O'Rourke3
23-07-2020, 06:18 PM
I liked it. Loads of twisted knickers around though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

CockneyRebel
24-07-2020, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=Chip shop Joe;6243090]It is awful. As my mate said the only thing that would make it worse was if it was John Leslie rather than Dougray Scott!![/QUOTE

Swimming against the tide here but I've just this minute watched it for the first time and I LIKED it. Hibs have given us videos that were factual and videos that tugged at the heartstrings and they were in the main well received although there were plenty moaning minnies. Now they try something different, which should be welcomed, and the comedy police come out in force. As they said "Lang may your bums reek".

Keith_M
24-07-2020, 09:34 AM
I liked it. Loads of twisted knickers around though.

I think their humour has a limited shelf life but I really don't get some of the over the top reactions.

Anyway, is it just me (a very aged wannabee lothario) or did anybody else think they were a bit of alright?

:dunno:

Hibs1969
24-07-2020, 10:07 AM
It was everything that folks on here have suggested - cringeworthy, quite amusing but also effective, people haven’t stopped talking about it since Wednesday or whenever it came out. IMO people are taking it a bit too seriously.

It was good to get a proper look at the new home shirt though - other than the dark green collar which I’m not 100% on, I think it looks fantastic.

Devonhibs
24-07-2020, 10:29 AM
There mere fact we are all talking about it means it has achieved its aims, no???:agree:

Andy74
24-07-2020, 10:32 AM
There mere fact we are all talking about it means it has achieved its aims, no???:agree:

If it sells any season tickets as a result, yes.

andyf5
26-07-2020, 11:39 AM
If it sells any season tickets as a result, yes.

I enjoyed it and sent it to the wife who laughed. Exactly the kind of stuff we should be doing expanding the variety of messaging.

Clarence
26-07-2020, 12:00 PM
The best Hibs related siblings since the Peristalsis Brothers.

oconnors_strip
07-08-2020, 05:40 PM
They are at it again! 😂😂https://twitter.com/malapropsisters/status/1291749982954029057?s=21

Glory Lurker
07-08-2020, 06:34 PM
They are at it again! 😂😂https://twitter.com/malapropsisters/status/1291749982954029057?s=21

Brilliant! Really enjoyed the ST video, and this is great too.

Groathillgrump
07-08-2020, 06:39 PM

Worth sticking with it to see the last 20 seconds.

Top trolling, ladies. :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Would have been better if they'd said £8m. 😄

JohnM1875
07-08-2020, 06:44 PM

😂 Well played ladies! Took some amount of unnecessary abuse. Glad they can have a laugh about it all!

brianmc
07-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.
It's like watching someone trying to do a funny Best Man speech at a wedding and dying on their arse - hoping a large hole will open up and swallow them to end the misery.

Not sure if them sitting in front of a bin with the Glasgow City Council logo was a joke I missed or just part of their amateurism.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.
It's like watching someone trying to do a funny Best Man speech at a wedding and dying on their arse - hoping a large hole will open up and swallow them to end the misery.

Not sure if them sitting in front of a bin with the Glasgow City Council logo was a joke I missed or just part of their amateurism.

You on the fence then? :greengrin

Personally i think this is funnier than the first one. :aok:

brianmc
07-08-2020, 07:18 PM
You on the fence then? :greengrin

Personally i think this is funnier than the first one. :aok:

Each to their own pal - it's (obviously) not my thing.🙂

However! I'm not the kind of mentalist that would take to Twitter to abuse the ladies in the manner I believe some did after their first effort.

I'll just content myself with avoiding watching and/or commenting on any of their future output 👍🏼

Eyrie
07-08-2020, 07:31 PM
😂 Well played ladies! Took some amount of unnecessary abuse. Glad they can have a laugh about it all!

Agreed.

Neither the original nor this are my sort of humour but I do appreciate people willing to laugh at themselves.

SRHibs
07-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.

It's hard to believe anyone actually finds them funny. Each to their own I guess!

Glory Lurker
07-08-2020, 07:41 PM
Once, just once, Life, let me the best at something, yeah? I thought I had sealed Most Miserable Bloke in the World, but then you chuck the anti-Malaprop crew in to the mix???? Can I never get a break?

lucky
07-08-2020, 07:46 PM
I enjoyed that one better than the ST one

weecounty hibby
07-08-2020, 07:49 PM
It's a bit of harmless fun that brings some PR and exposure for Hibs.

danhibees1875
07-08-2020, 08:51 PM

:faf:

Brilliant.

hibee_girl
07-08-2020, 08:53 PM
I enjoyed that one better than the ST one

Inconsequential
07-08-2020, 09:06 PM
What a lot of dog waste. :agree:

Pete
07-08-2020, 09:35 PM
I think it's supposed to be bad.

It's more enjoyable than some acts I've seen who have tried to be funny by being clever or overly offensive.

gbhibby
07-08-2020, 10:17 PM
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Forza Fred
08-08-2020, 05:15 AM
I thought it was funny!

Future17
08-08-2020, 05:56 AM
I'm not the kind of mentalist that would take to Twitter to abuse the ladies in the manner I believe some did after their first effort.

Just on Hibs.net...

Just Alf
08-08-2020, 08:13 AM
Ha ha, that was funny!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
08-08-2020, 09:21 AM
They're not my cup of tea but I laughed at the punchline.

People who abused them on Twitter are frankly ********s

Keith_M
08-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.

Just to add qualiferication: Yes, it obviously was.

Rumble de Thump
08-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Personal abuse will not be tolerated on this forum.

Arch Stanton
08-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.

I'm now wondering if some people boo at pantomimes and really mean it.

Malthibby
08-08-2020, 12:14 PM

It's more enjoyable than some acts I've seen who have tried to be funny by being clever or overly offensive.

Yup, & if they keep going it'll get better/worse. Look forward to the next one, & as also said on the thread, it gives Hibs exposure
& a wee go at the Jambos does no harm either. It's not meant to be 'Being John Malkovich.'
GG

Alan62
08-08-2020, 05:05 PM
I thought it was an excellent send up of the humourless grumps who slated the first one. [emoji2957]

Billy Whizz
08-08-2020, 05:07 PM
Bee and Dee, have got Hibs top of the League😄

Clarence
09-08-2020, 07:30 AM
Pitiful, unfunny dross.

A joke you missed.

SquashedFrogg
09-08-2020, 08:22 AM

I think people also need to realise that it's maybe not aimed at their persona.

I'm sure younger fans and families will enjoy these videos.

Twitter was full of middle aged men going apoplectic. When it wasn't necessarily aimed at them.

Keith_M
09-08-2020, 08:30 AM

I'm sure younger fans and families will enjoy these videos.

Twitter was full of middle aged men going apoplectic

That's quite a statement. What do you base that on?

danhibees1875
09-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Bee and Dee, have got Hibs top of the League😄

"Have you heard the news Dee - The high-knees are top of the pops!"

Billy Whizz
09-08-2020, 08:42 AM
"Have you heard the news Dee - The high-knees are top of the pops!"

Is this the sequel😄😄😄😄

danhibees1875
09-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Is this the sequel😄😄😄😄

Nah, sequel plays right wing. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
09-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Nah, sequel plays right wing. :wink:

Sequel's wife says he should be called Boiling.

RoYO!
09-08-2020, 12:06 PM
I seem to have missed the point/ joke here.

Who are these two?!

Are they employed by hibs/ freelancing?!

Haven't quite brought myself to watch episode 2 yet! :D