PDA

View Full Version : Hibs starting eleven for next season?

LustForLeith
22-07-2020, 09:20 AM
Apologies if this had been posted before, but what’s the thoughts on Hibs starting eleven for the coming season? I’ve not really been paying much attention to the bounce games so I’m losing track of it all!

Cheers

King Cosell
22-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Marciano

Porteous
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Hallberg
Gogic
Allan
Newell

Doidge
Nisbet

H18 SFR
22-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Marciano

Porteous
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Hallberg
Gogic
Allan
Newell

Doidge
Nisbet

Newall has to play centre mid, his performances last year out wide early in the season were the stuff of nightmares.

yerauldda
22-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Based on what we currently have:

-------------Marciano------------

McGinn--Porteous--Hanlon--Doig

---Allan------Gogic------Newell---

---------Boyle-------Nisbet--------

--------------Doidge-------------

This is probably the team I'd play for the majority of games. Games against the OF I'd be tempted to switch Newell & Allan out for Mallan & Hallberg.
I just have a very good feeling about Josh Doig. I love Stevenson but I just don't think he offers enough going forward, time to try something new.

Bench:
Dabrowski
Jackson
Gray
Gullan
Horgan
Mallan
Hallberg

B.H.F.C
22-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Newall has to play centre mid, his performances last year out wide early in the season were the stuff of nightmares.

His performances as a winger at the start of the season were the stuff of nightmares He was very good in the couple of games he played at wing back in February though. That was the position he was playing away to Killie when he got injured.

yerauldda
22-07-2020, 09:44 AM
His performances as a winger at the start of the season were the stuff of nightmares He was very good in the couple of games he played at wing back in February though. That was the position he was playing away to Killie when he got injured.

He was excellent in a wide position away at Hamilton when we drew 1-1.

G15 Hibs
22-07-2020, 09:54 AM
I just have a very good feeling about Josh Doig.

Having seen him play a few times for Queen's Park last season, I share this feeling. He looked very comfortable and accomplished in League 2, often the best player on the park. Whether he's ready for the step up yet remains to be seen, but I don't think it would be wrong to give him a go.

H18 SFR
22-07-2020, 10:02 AM
He was excellent in a wide position away at Hamilton when we drew 1-1.

I suppose you could be right. Maybe he has the attributes to successfully play out wide. Heckingbottom definitely thought so.

AlbertK86
22-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Agree, thought Newell made a massive difference when he replaced Stevenson at wing back. We looked far more secure and he read the game really well to stop the opportunity for crosses to going to the box.

Would like to see Doug get introduced gradually out there as well.

Newell also did well in central role and think of we went 4-2-3-1 I’d have him in the 2 with Gogic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
22-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Apologies if this had been posted before, but what’s the thoughts on Hibs starting eleven for the coming season? I’ve not really been paying much attention to the bounce games so I’m losing track of it all!

Cheers

Depends on who is in form, available and who our opposition are. It’s a squad game now and the days of playing the same starting XI in the same formation week in week out are in the past.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Are we allowed to include O'Donnell, Docherty and Griffiths? :greengrin

MrRobot
22-07-2020, 10:10 AM
rocky
jackson porto hanlon
boyle allan gogic hallberg newell
nisbet doidge

Paisley Hibby
22-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Based on what we currently have:

McGinn--Porteous--Hanlon--Doig

---Allan------Gogic------Newell---

---------Boyle-------Nisbet--------

--------------Doidge-------------

This is probably the team I'd play for the majority of games. Games against the OF I'd be tempted to switch Newell & Allan out for Mallan & Hallberg.
I just have a very good feeling about Josh Doig. I love Stevenson but I just don't think he offers enough going forward, time to try something new.

Bench:
Dabrowski
Jackson
Gray
Gullan
Horgan
Mallan
Hallberg

wow - you wouldnt even have Stevenson on the bench?

yerauldda
22-07-2020, 10:22 AM
wow - you wouldnt even have Stevenson on the bench?

That wasn't intentional! Just forgot about him when I came to the bench. Not sure who I'd drop from the bench but I'm sure injuries etc will help with that.

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 10:30 AM
I actually have no idea what Jack Ross sees as his favoured formation or if he's going to change formations, so I couldn't even call it

The Sundance Kid
22-07-2020, 10:38 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

Brightside
22-07-2020, 10:40 AM
i may be wrong but it sounds like hes been playing 433/451 in the bounce games. I'd love us to give the 343 a run out at some point as we have the players for it now.

number9dream
22-07-2020, 11:39 AM
No sign of Wright in any line ups so far... Can we fit him and Boyle into the same side?
Any formation that doesn't end in a 2 would be tricky to accommodate Doidge & Nisbet, so is it one of them with two wingers or both with wing-backs or a four in midfield?
Is David Gray fit?

Marciano
Jackson Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Gogic Newall Stevenson
Allan
Nisbet Doidge

Since452
22-07-2020, 11:43 AM
No sign of Wright in any line ups so far... Can we fit him and Boyle into the same side?
Any formation that doesn't end in a 2 would be tricky to accommodate Doidge & Nisbet, so is it one of them with two wingers or both with wing-backs or a four in midfield?
Is David Gray fit?

Marciano
Jackson Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Gogic Newall Stevenson
Allan
Nisbet Doidge

I think Wright will impress us all. St Johnstone fan at work raving about him.

yerauldda
22-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Yep.. I forgot Wright too.. we may have a little bit more depth than people think.. we could field a second team, excluding the list of players I had before, as below:

Dabrowski

Gray McGregor Jackson Stevenson

Wright Mallan Hallberg Murray Horgan

Gullan

Aldo
22-07-2020, 11:56 AM
3-4-3

Rocky

Porteous Jackson Hanlon

Wright Gogic Allan Newell

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Not sure of Wrights defensive capabilities but a bit of pace on the right!

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 12:11 PM
3-4-3

Rocky

Porteous Jackson Hanlon

Wright Gogic Allan Newell

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Not sure of Wrights defensive capabilities but a bit of pace on the right!

St J fans I have heard talk about Wright say that's a strong point of his tracking back, he also says in his interviews he likes to help out his fullbacks

thegaffer12
22-07-2020, 12:15 PM
A lot of 3-5-2 suggestions, is there any evidence that Jack Ross is a fan/willing to accommodate that formation? Not a criticism in the slightest, just wondering if anyone genuinely thinks it's a formation we might pursue

Aldo
22-07-2020, 12:15 PM
St J fans I have heard talk about Wright say that's a strong point of his tracking back, he also says in his interviews he likes to help out his fullbacks

That’s good to hear. Gives us options with formations!

jacomo
22-07-2020, 12:17 PM
A lot of 3-5-2 suggestions, is there any evidence that Jack Ross is a fan/willing to accommodate that formation? Not a criticism in the slightest, just wondering if anyone genuinely thinks it's a formation we might pursue

We’ve already played a variation of this under Jack, so why not?

Every formation has strengths and weaknesses of course.

CMurdoch
22-07-2020, 12:18 PM

---Jackson--Porteous--Hanlon--

----------Gogic---Newell---------

-Boyle--------Allan------Horgan

---------Doidge---Nisbet---------

Team for 1st match against Kilmarnock
Mallan on for Allan after an hour

Diclonius
22-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Marciano

McGinn Jackson Porteous Stevenson/Doig

Gogic

Newell Allan

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

Or:

Marciano

Jackson Hanlon Porteous

Boyle Hallberg Gogic Allan Newell

Nisbet Doidge

The 90+2
22-07-2020, 12:37 PM
I think there’s a lot more chance of Mallan in the starting line up than Hallberg.

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 12:43 PM
This is how we lined up first game of last season vs St Mirren

Hibernian
1Marciano
17JamesSubstituted forMackieat 45+1'minutes
18Jackson
4Hanlon
3Whittaker
6VelaBooked at 45minsSubstituted forDoidgeat 65'minutes
14Mallan
7HorganSubstituted forSlivkaat 65'minutes
23Allan
11Newell
22Kamberi
Substitutes
8Slivka
9Doidge
24McGregor
28Maxwell
32Shaw
33Murray
43Mackie

MrRobot
22-07-2020, 12:45 PM
i may be wrong but it sounds like hes been playing 433/451 in the bounce games. I'd love us to give the 343 a run out at some point as we have the players for it now.

a front 3 of boyle, doidge and nisbet would be frightening.

JohnM1875
22-07-2020, 12:55 PM
If i'm honest I don't really know where Wright can play. Is he only a right sided winger? Or can he play left as well? If so, I can see him starting. If not, and Boyle stays, don't think he'll feature much! So with the above in mind;

Rocky

Jackson Porto Hanlon

Boyle Gogic Newell Wright (if not Horgan)

Allan

Doidge Nisbet

Brooster
22-07-2020, 01:05 PM
I'd be surprised if Wright isn't a regular starter. He's looked really good in the warm up games.

Souter96Mac
22-07-2020, 01:08 PM
I'd be surprised if Wright isn't a regular starter. He's looked really good in the warm up games.

Do you know which positions he has been playing during these games? Right wing?

Brooster
22-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Do you know which positions he has been playing during these games? Right wing?

He's played on both wings. Technically very good.

04Sauzee
22-07-2020, 01:13 PM

Positive it was Wright 👀

supermcginn
22-07-2020, 01:15 PM
Yip, he hasn't been brought in as a squad filler, folk dont seem to realise how talented he is.

Lee Marvin
22-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Marciano

McGregor
Porteous
Jackson

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Wright

Allan

Doidge
Nesbit

number9dream
22-07-2020, 01:39 PM
a front 3 of boyle, doidge and nisbet would be frightening.

Would Nisbet play wide left? Not sure that's his strength. He's (very) right-sided and he's very much a through the middle kinda guy.
Boyle's not so hot on the left either but we I think we may see him and Wright switching sides either side of Doidge, with Nisbet on the bench initially.
A lot of 3-5-2 suggestions to get both strikers in the team because we all want to see the goals flying in. Same reason for people wanting Boyle and Newall as wing-backs. I suspect Jack Ross will be a bit more cautious.
Of course, we may sell Boyle and then we can start all of this again...

kinni35
22-07-2020, 02:08 PM
i see some people suggesting playing nisbet at left wing. saw a bit of him at pars and would rather see him up front paired with doidge

Tug Wilson
22-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Marciano

McGregor
Porteous
Jackson

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Wright

Allan

Doidge
Nesbit

Good team.

I would have a back 3 of Jackson, Porteous and Hanlon for more balance.

Very attacking formation.

Gogic crucial to breaking up the opposition attack.

Could be very exciting to watch.

Tambo
22-07-2020, 02:58 PM

Sounds promising, don't see why he couldnt make the left side his own, then a fresh horgan for 20 minutes.

If we can get Docherty then a midfield 3 of Docherty Gogic Newell for me.

That just leaves defence, anyone think another centre back needed if jack ross goes with 3 at the back?

MrRobot
22-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Would Nisbet play wide left? Not sure that's his strength. He's (very) right-sided and he's very much a through the middle kinda guy.
Boyle's not so hot on the left either but we I think we may see him and Wright switching sides either side of Doidge, with Nisbet on the bench initially.
A lot of 3-5-2 suggestions to get both strikers in the team because we all want to see the goals flying in. Same reason for people wanting Boyle and Newall as wing-backs. I suspect Jack Ross will be a bit more cautious.
Of course, we may sell Boyle and then we can start all of this again...

i read that a lot of his play was cutting in on his right foot and the videos seemed to suggest that