PDA

View Full Version : No players cup tied

h1bs4life
20-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Maybe I missed it but hadn't heard of the rule change but it appears none of our new signings are cup tied and can all play in the semi-final against Edinburgh's third team.
According to this interview with Drey Wright anyway

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/drey-wright-looking-forward-to-semi-final-opportunity-after-rules-relaxed/

Stanton Spence
20-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Maybe I missed it but hadn't heard of the rule change but it appears none of our new signings are cup tied and can all play in the semi-final against Edinburgh's third team.
According to this interview with Drey Wright anyway

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/drey-wright-looking-forward-to-semi-final-opportunity-after-rules-relaxed/I actually don't think anything had been rubber stamped about the cup tied rule yet mate but it would be a bit crazy if the cup tie rule is allowed after this amount of time etc

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

jacomo
20-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Didn’t know Drey had twins born prematurely just before lockdown. Must have been a stressful time for this family, and very best wishes to them all.

h1bs4life
20-07-2020, 08:12 PM
I actually don't think anything had been rubber stamped about the cup tied rule yet mate but it would be a bit crazy if the cup tie rule is allowed after this amount of time etc

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I know that mate but seem to remember when they signed it was said all 3 were cup tied but when the ex Celtic goalkeeper with the dodgy knees joined the
retirement home for ex old firm players on lucrative contracts over the road at the home of the club with the best unfinished stand in the Championship it was said
as he had been on the bench as an unused sub he was ok to play,

Eyrie
20-07-2020, 09:36 PM
There was a change a few years ago that players would only be cup tied if they actually played and not if they were only an unused sub, so I don't think Gordon sets a precedent.

scoopyboy
20-07-2020, 09:49 PM
There was a change a few years ago that players would only be cup tied if they actually played and not if they were only an unused sub, so I don't think Gordon sets a precedent.

In the glorious year of 2016 we had a good example of this on our very own doorstep.

Henri Anier was on the bench for us at Kirkcaldy but didn't get on. He then played against us in the semi.

Juniper Greens
20-07-2020, 10:10 PM
In answer to the OP, this has come up a few times. You are right, no new signings are cup tied. SFA announced this at the end of may/start of june