PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Strips Recalled

Siralbertkidd
19-07-2020, 11:39 AM
....to allow a sixth star to be added after yesterdays Trophy win.

Daydreamer
19-07-2020, 11:41 AM
:top marks

Tomsk
19-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Stars! I always thought they were asterisks. :confused:

Joe6-2
19-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Stars! I always thought they were asterisks. :confused:

😂😂😂

Since452
19-07-2020, 12:33 PM
League Two, League One, Championship, Tunnocks Teacake cup, France friendly cup and Scottish cup runners up?

Ronniekirk
19-07-2020, 01:10 PM
Some French geezer said he was so impressed with Rangers performance he thinks they will give Celtic a run for Thier money this Season
Can’t see it myself but no doubt t will be best of the rest and have another run in Europe and maybe just maybe win the coveted League Cup they are all craving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
19-07-2020, 01:51 PM
When you collect 5 stars don't you get a wee badge to pin on and a lollipop?

That's what we used to get at school, and there's no other official footballing reason for this self aggrandisment.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
19-07-2020, 01:52 PM
League Two, League One, Championship, Tunnocks Teacake cup, France friendly cup and Scottish cup runners up?Petrofac trophy is worth a big gold star on it's own.

gbhibby
20-07-2020, 08:51 PM
What do the stars signify? I think celtics star is for their European Cup Therefore The Rangers should only have one(or no stars as it was oldco that won the cup winners cup) . I don't think the English clubs bother about stars on their strips.

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2020, 08:56 PM
Stars?

They let their club die

The fans that don’t do walking away did walking away

Logie Green
20-07-2020, 09:16 PM
What do the stars signify? I think celtics star is for their European Cup Therefore The Rangers should only have one(or no stars as it was oldco that won the cup winners cup) . I don't think the English clubs bother about stars on their strips.

It’s one star per 10 League wins. As they claim to have won 54 titles they’ve got 5 stars. They’d probably have 5 red hands if they thought they could get away with it.

Glory Lurker
20-07-2020, 09:34 PM
I’ll never miss an opportunity to cringe at Aberdeen having a star for the Super Cup (and having one for the CWP isn’t that cool either), so I’m doing that as I type.

gbhibby
20-07-2020, 09:35 PM
It’s one star per 10 League wins. As they claim to have won 54 titles they’ve got 5 stars. They’d probably have 5 red hands if they thought they could get away with it.

Thanks for that Logie Green. So they just made something up how childish.

Onceinawhile
20-07-2020, 09:46 PM
Thanks for that Logie Green. So they just made something up how childish.

Pretty common in Italy to have a star per ten titles.

superfurryhibby
20-07-2020, 10:06 PM
I’ll never miss an opportunity to cringe at Aberdeen having a star for the Super Cup (and having one for the CWP isn’t that cool either), so I’m doing that as I type.

Not really sure what you’re saying, but the Sheep winning the European Cup Winners Cup was awesome.Super Cup is irrelevant really.

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Not really sure what you’re saying, but the Sheep winning the European Cup Winners Cup was awesome.Super Cup is irrelevant really.

When Aberdeen won the Super Cup they beat the holders of the European Cup over two legs so I would say at the time it was pretty relevant and prestigious although as the OP states maybe not enough for two stars over the badge. Maybe stars should just be reserved for European Cup or Champions League victories and if your club has ceased to exist the slate should be wiped clean and you start again under Newco

gbhibby
20-07-2020, 10:26 PM
When Aberdeen won the Super Cup they beat the holders of the European Cup over two legs so I would say at the time it was pretty relevant and prestigious although as the OP states maybe not enough for two stars over the badge. Maybe stars should just be reserved for European Cup or Champions League victories and if your club has ceased to exist the slate should be wiped clean and you start again under Newco
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.277a19a2ec44b282b67702fa41187c57&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2flGmKz ynHWftFm%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=yydRCfgrjeJTcqz6VdP6N4BkSqqjsut6wehTbZ9F4QY%3d

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2020, 10:27 PM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.277a19a2ec44b282b67702fa41187c57&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2flGmKz ynHWftFm%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=yydRCfgrjeJTcqz6VdP6N4BkSqqjsut6wehTbZ9F4QY%3d

Your point is caller?

gbhibby
20-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Your point is caller?

Being an auld yin my gif has not worked. I was in complete agreement with your post.👍

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Being an auld yin my gif has not worked. I was in complete agreement with your post.👍

Excellent point and nae making up stars for decile titles that you have won illegally anaw 😃

gbhibby
20-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Pretty common in Italy to have a star per ten titles.

Just checked Juventus have three stars thanks for that information.

BILLYHIBS
20-07-2020, 10:57 PM
Just checked Juventus have three stars thanks for that information.

:confused:

But they also have two Super Cups two Champions Leagues and two World Club Championships

What would Aberdeen and The Rangers make of that?

HoboHarry
20-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Winning those two trophies was a magnificent achievement and had it been us we would still be talking about it to this day.....

CraigHibee
20-07-2020, 11:11 PM
Stars?

They let their club die

The fans that don’t do walking away did walking away

The only ones that didnt walk away were the ones falsely claiming dla/pip 😁 they would havw been sanctioned otherwise

Sweet Left Peg
20-07-2020, 11:20 PM

I always thought Aberdeen's two stars were for the two Jimmies

Scorrie
21-07-2020, 06:46 AM

I thought the stars on The Rangers tops was one for each year they’ve been in existence...

Springbank
21-07-2020, 06:55 AM

Villa do - they put it to the side of the lion rampant on their badge👍

Keith_M
21-07-2020, 07:04 AM
Star 1 = League Two
Star 2 = League One
Star 3 = Petrofac Cup
Star 4 = Championship
Star 5 = Violla Trophy

Simples.

(League Two was called the Third Division when they won it, but same thing)

Paisley Hibby
21-07-2020, 07:10 AM
I thought the stars on The Rangers tops was one for each year they’ve been in existence...

We have a winner.

Bostonhibby
21-07-2020, 07:14 AM
Stars?

They let their club die

The fans that don’t do walking away did walking awayWe wullie bluenose is another one who didn't do walking away, he was sitting playing with his organ when the now defunct Glasgow rangers put themselves into liquidation and all the others walked away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zw92lSNus

ano hibby
21-07-2020, 07:43 AM
We wullie bluenose is another one who didn't do walking away, he was sitting playing with his organ when the now defunct Glasgow rangers put themselves into liquidation and all the others walked away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zw92lSNus

Not sure where to start with that!! 😂
A spoof surely?

Bostonhibby
21-07-2020, 07:45 AM
Not sure where to start with that!! [emoji23]
A spoof surely?Has been around a while, not sure, but I'll go for genuine. Looks the part[emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200721/2c700274bc96273dd685dd790abc7c23.jpg

superfurryhibby
21-07-2020, 08:50 AM

The winning of a Uefa Cup, European Cup Winners Cup or European Cup would merit the star in my view.

I agree, at the time beating Hamburg was relevant and prestigious at the time, but nearly forty years later on only the fans of the Sheep care about that. Equally, we all know Liverpool, Forest and Villa won European Cups, but can anyone tell me, without checking, who they played in the Super Cup finals that followed? The Super Cup was the equivalent of the Charity Shield, a nice little earner, but ultimately just a glorified friendly game.

BILLYHIBS
21-07-2020, 09:07 AM
The winning of a Uefa Cup, European Cup Winners Cup or European Cup would merit the star in my view.

I agree, at the time beating Hamburg was relevant and prestigious at the time, but nearly forty years later on only the fans of the Sheep care about that. Equally, we all know Liverpool, Forest and Villa won European Cups, but can anyone tell me, without checking, who they played in the Super Cup finals that followed? The Super Cup was the equivalent of the Charity Shield, a nice little earner, but ultimately just a glorified friendly game.

As another poster said if HIBS had won the European Cup Winners Cup and the Super Cup in the same year to make us the unofficial champions of Europe we would still be crowing about it to this day

Probably the result that got Fergie his big move to Man United

Irrelevant today yes but at the time and I remember it well no!

Since452
21-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Aberdeen and Rangers having a star for winning a tournament that doesn't exist anymore is a bit cringe

Keith_M
21-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Not sure where to start with that!! 😂
A spoof surely?

100% genuine.

It was posted on Follow Follow in 2012 and quite a few posters said they actually knew the guy.

FWIW, most of them praised his wee routine and... apparently... didn't find it at all cringey. There's no accounting for taste.

Stokesy's on fire
21-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Any club putting a star on the kit for winning the super cup is purely desperate to try and be relevant...its kinda like small man syndrome really embarrassing

EI255
21-07-2020, 02:59 PM
They should recall them and burn them.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

tamig
21-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Aberdeen and Rangers having a star for winning a tournament that doesn't exist anymore is a bit cringe

So you just forget about it and wipe it from history? Winning the Cup Winners Cup was a fantastic achievement for any Scottish team. I don’t think any of the hun stars relate to it in any case.

Stokesy's on fire
21-07-2020, 05:37 PM
So you just forget about it and wipe it from history? Winning the Cup Winners Cup was a fantastic achievement for any Scottish team. I don’t think any of the hun stars relate to it in any case.

Its pathetic

tamig
21-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Its pathetic

Were you around when the Cup Winners Cup was still played?

Eyrie
21-07-2020, 06:44 PM

It was a prestigious tournament at the time those clubs won it, so I have no problem with them wearing a commemorative star.

On the other hand, a new club wearing stars for leagues won by a club that doesn't exist anymore is a bit cringe.

HoboHarry
21-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Its pathetic
No, it really isn't.