PDA

View Full Version : Killie game

yerauldda
18-07-2020, 10:03 PM
Assuming no more comings or goings occur, how would you like to see us line up for the first game of the season?

I’d go:

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Doig
Allan Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet
Doidge

King Cosell
18-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Just had a look at Killie Kickback, sounds like they're struggling. Bare bones, as Harry Redknapp would say. No keeper, need full backs, light up front. Ideal opener for us, I think.

CMurdoch
18-07-2020, 10:30 PM
Just had a look at Killie Kickback, sounds like they're struggling. Bare bones, as Harry Redknapp would say. No keeper, need full backs, light up front. Ideal opener for us, I think.

Should be able to beat them if they don't have a keeper. 5 4 1 wi a goalie and oot.

FilipinoHibs
19-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Should be able to beat them if they don't have a keeper. 5 4 1 wi a goalie and oot.

They beat Motherwell 3-2 in a bounce game midweek.

CMurdoch
19-07-2020, 12:31 AM
They beat Motherwell 3-2 in a bounce game midweek.

Yeah, but they had a goalie in that game (see post 2 in this thread)

Unseen work
19-07-2020, 01:02 AM
As it stands I would like to see us go with the following;

...................Marciano..............

.......Porteous....Jackson....Hanlon.....

Boyle.......Gogic.......Mallan......Newell....

........................Allan.......

.................Nisbet....... Doidge.......

A back 3 with Gogic in the middle allows us to play a lot of attacking players and imo our best ones.

Mallan as a 2 with Gogic would be fine imo especially with the guys behind him. We also need him in their to dictate play and get things stared as Gogic won’t do that for us.

Ideally id want Newell central with Gogic, however unsure if Wright, Mackie or Doig could play/Are good enough /are ready for a left wing back role yet. Don’t fancy another season of Stevenson at left wing back.

Interesting to see who else we bring in and formation we play. Will be hard to find a shape other that 352 which accommodates Doidge, Nisbet, Allan and Boyle.

AZhibee
19-07-2020, 01:39 AM
Who is even on the roster at this point?

FilipinoHibs
19-07-2020, 02:58 AM
Yeah, but they had a goalie in that game (see post 2 in this thread)
Yes without a goalie they will struggle😳

Scooter
19-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Marciano

Gray
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Gogic

Boyle
Allan
Newell

Dodge
Nesbit

mal
19-07-2020, 07:16 AM

Yep, I checked out their official site https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/ and they're barely able to field a team. Here are the numbers they've got listed:

FIRST TEAM

GK = 0
Defenders = 4
Midfielders = 6
Forwards = 3

RESERVES

GK = 1
Defenders = 0
Midfielders = 2
Forwards = 2

After that they're down to the under-18s. They fielded 4 trialists, including a GK, against Motherwell. You'd think they'd have to make some signings next week if they're going to have any chance of gelling even slightly before they play us.

Souter96Mac
19-07-2020, 08:42 AM
Yep, I checked out their official site https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/ and they're barely able to field a team. Here are the numbers they've got listed:

FIRST TEAM

GK = 0
Defenders = 4
Midfielders = 6
Forwards = 3

RESERVES

GK = 1
Defenders = 0
Midfielders = 2
Forwards = 2

After that they're down to the under-18s. They fielded 4 trialists, including a GK, against Motherwell. You'd think they'd have to make some signings next week if they're going to have any chance of gelling even slightly before they play us.

Dom Thomas left to join the Pars on a permanent deal, so chop that down to 5 first team midfielders

Eyrie
19-07-2020, 09:14 AM

Most clubs are going to be in a similar position this season, so simply by standing still we should find ourselves in a better position relative to the other non-Ugly Sister teams such as Kilmarnock.

lucky
19-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Gogic

Boyle
Allan
Newell

Dodge
Nesbit

B.H.F.C
19-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Marciano

Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Hallberg / Mallan
Gogic
Allan
Newell

Doidge
Nisbet / Gullan

inglisavhibs
19-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Most clubs are going to be in a similar position this season, so simply by standing still we should find ourselves in a better position relative to the other non-Ugly Sister teams such as Kilmarnock.
Killie as always will be very competitive and we will have to work our socks off to win. We are not in a position where we can underestimate any team.

Souter96Mac
19-07-2020, 10:14 AM
I probably have missed an announcement somewhere, but have Hibs released any info on if fans (based in the UK) can watch the league games live? Is the only way to do this by buying a season ticket?

Sir David Gray
19-07-2020, 10:27 AM
I probably have missed an announcement somewhere, but have Hibs released any info on if fans (based in the UK) can watch the league games live? Is the only way to do this by buying a season ticket?

All season ticket holders for 2020-21 will be able to watch all home league games live on Hibs TV, whilst fans are banned from attending games.

Apart from that, nothing's been announced.

Ozyhibby
19-07-2020, 10:41 AM
All season ticket holders for 2020-21 will be able to watch all home league games live on Hibs TV, whilst fans are banned from attending games.

Apart from that, nothing's been announced.

The deal with SKY for showing games on Hibs tv limits it to season ticket holders I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-07-2020, 10:49 AM
The deal with SKY for showing games on Hibs tv limits it to season ticket holders I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it does for games Sky are showing. I don't think that applies to non-Sky games.

Bobby's Cinema
19-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Asked this on the KP thread yesterday - not to hijack the thread

The club surely have to offer a 'walk-up' pay as you go option for non-ST holders. It can't be right that those who can't afford a full ST price can't watch their team.

4 of our first 5 fixtures are also on sky. And I'm sure these fans would all want to give money to the club rather than SKY/NOWTV or watching by any other means.

Be good to get some communication on how its all going to work asap. Maybe I've missed something but it's not clear to me.

B.H.F.C
19-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Asked this on the KP thread yesterday.

The club surely have to offer a 'walk-up' pay as you go option for non-ST holders. It can't be right that those who can't afford a full ST price can't watch their team.

4 of our first 5 fixtures are also on sky. And I'm sure these fans would all want to give money to the club rather than SKY/NOWTV or watching by any other means.

Be good to get some communication on how its all going to work asap.

Sky ain’t going to let clubs show games that they’re broadcasting themselves. Would make no sense on their part. I think, by the time the season starts, something will be in place that allows you to purchase individual games they’re not showing.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Asked this on the KP thread yesterday - not to hijack the thread

Be good to get some communication on how its all going to work asap. Maybe I've missed something but it's not clear to me.

Non-season ticket holders won't be able to watch matches being broadcast on Sky unless they have a Sky subscription. I'm pretty certain that much has been confirmed. It remains to be seen whether they'll have the option to watch games that Sky are not broadcasting.