PDA

View Full Version : Scottish cup semi dates

Monts
18-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Dependent on what League hearts are in according to the Scotsman

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-cup-update-dates-will-hinge-hearts-2913690

Surely that's a formality now though

Peevemor
18-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Dependent on what League hearts are in according to the Scotsman

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-cup-update-dates-will-hinge-hearts-2913690

Surely that's a formality now thoughWhat a load of nonsense. Hearts are in the championship. End of!

Andy74
18-07-2020, 11:06 AM
What a load of nonsense. Hearts are in the championship. End of!

Correct.

Keith_M
18-07-2020, 11:59 AM
I think they should organise the semi-finals for the beginning of September.

Then we'll have four weeks of league games under our belts.

JimBHibees
18-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Are Hearts players and coaches genuinely preparing for 1st August?

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-07-2020, 12:19 PM
It's almost cruel that the paper is giving them false hope.

Spike Mandela
18-07-2020, 12:23 PM
..…..or of course they could be expelled from tournament and we will have a bye to the Final.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2020, 12:30 PM

Nope, they don’t start training until the 3rd August

Ronniekirk
18-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Pishy breeks didn’t persuade the Authorities to issue two sets of fixtures fir the Big League so why is the Scotsman pandering to this nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
18-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Ok cheers

Squealing pig
18-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Neilson is legendary in hibs cup runs

Sir David Gray
18-07-2020, 01:25 PM

They'll be in a bit of bother then if they win their case and kick off on 1st August!

Billy Whizz
18-07-2020, 01:53 PM
They'll be in a bit of bother then if they win their case and kick off on 1st August!

That’s their problem😄

JimBHibees
19-07-2020, 11:48 AM
That’s their problem😄

Hope we get them first up if that happens. :greengrin

erin go bragh
19-07-2020, 11:52 AM
More chance of them getting thrown out the cup for breaking SFA rules than getting put back in the premier league.

Not So Young
19-07-2020, 03:20 PM
More chance of them getting thrown out the cup for breaking SFA rules than getting put back in the premier league.

Thats what I thought the SFA would use as a punishment

Power
19-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Nothing decided at the moment. Could be as early as November, could be as late as after round 3 or 4 of 2020/21 competition.

We’ll get our Semi Final though. Hopefully the start of multiple visits to Hampden this (and last) season ✅

Sammy7nil
19-07-2020, 03:51 PM

That’s their problem😄

If Hearts win it won’t be their problem it will be a BIG SPFL problem.

G B Young
19-07-2020, 04:04 PM
I still think they should just write these games off. Last season's done IMHO and by the time they finally get these fixtures organised they'll bear no relation to what they would have been. The SFA should just focus on making sure next season's Scottish Cup can be played.

Since452
19-07-2020, 04:05 PM
I still think they should just write these games off. Last season's done IMHO and by the time they finally get these fixtures organised they'll bear no relation to what they would have been. The SFA should just focus on making sure next season's Scottish Cup can be played.

That's where I am with it.

hibbysam
19-07-2020, 04:07 PM

that’s all fine and well taking that viewpoint, but Scottish football is skint enough without scrapping this years competition for the sake of 3 games, and in the process chuck millions of pounds back to the tv companies. Not to mention the possibility of making money from ticket sales.

Wilson
19-07-2020, 04:12 PM
You win one Scottish cup in a lifetime and fans want to just abandon the current competition when we're in the semi finals? Crazy talk!

we are hibs
19-07-2020, 04:19 PM
You win one Scottish cup in a lifetime and fans want to just abandon the current competition when we're in the semi finals? Crazy talk!

I agree completely. Chances like this to get to a final dont come around often. Its a very winnable semi. Then anything can happen in a final.

Since452
19-07-2020, 04:22 PM

Will be four teams with four vastly different squads and 7/8 months since the quarter finals. Makes a bit of a mockery out the competition for me. Just think we should concentrate on this season.

Springbank
19-07-2020, 04:38 PM
I agree completely. Chances like this to get to a final dont come around often. Its a very winnable semi. Then anything can happen in a final.

100% this.

Win it!

jacomo
19-07-2020, 05:05 PM
It's almost cruel that the paper is giving them false hope.

Budge has successfully deflected criticism for months, but it’s possible the masses might turn on her once they realise they’ve been duped.

The Scotsman / EEN might also feel the backlash, as they’ve basically been feeding propaganda to the Jambos.

Wilson
19-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Will be four teams with four vastly different squads and 7/8 months since the quarter finals. Makes a bit of a mockery out the competition for me. Just think we should concentrate on this season.

In an ideal world that wouldn't be the case but we've had a global pandemic so it is what it is. It makes a mockery of competitions if you write them off like they don't matter.

Hibs earned the right to a national semi final so hibs should get to play one.

jgl07
19-07-2020, 09:22 PM

Nothing to prepare for. Hearts will be twiddling their thumbs for weeks if not months.

Future17
20-07-2020, 08:18 AM

That's where I am with it.

Have you worked out how much doing this could cost Hibs financially?

Moulin Yarns
20-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Article in the national newspaper yesterday with Robbie saying that beating Hibs is more important than winning the league. Mental.

Ronniekirk
20-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Article in the national newspaper yesterday with Robbie saying that beating Hibs is more important than winning the league. Mental.

Let’s face it they will probably get promotion easily so given Budge has hung them out to dry and fleeced them yet again she and he will need to deliver a Cup Win v us to placate the Masses
It will be their Reason for Being
We will need to be very wary of this tie as they will be well up for it They have nothing to loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springbank
20-07-2020, 09:26 AM
Betfred Cup dates have been announced here (starting 6 Oct)

https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-dates-confirmed

My hunch is the Scottish Cup semis might need to be the week or 2 before this, so, late Sept

Wilson
20-07-2020, 09:32 AM

It clearly isn't but that is absolutely the mentality that should be adopted for a derby game. Save pragmatism for every other team in the league.

Billy Whizz
20-07-2020, 09:41 AM

My hunch is the Scottish Cup semis might need to be the week or 2 before this, so, late Sept
They can’t be, as the championship hasn’t even started

04Sauzee
20-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Surely we aren't playing the semi final of the Scottish Cup before Hearts have played a competive league game?

Pete
20-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Lol and we all know why he's saying that.

It'll be too late.

Springbank
20-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Surely we aren't playing the semi final of the Scottish Cup before Hearts have played a competive league game?

it's in the SFA's gift to set the dates, assuming hearts dont get banned from the cup as a punishment for their vindictive behaviour towards DUFC, Cove & Raith this past few months

JimBHibees
20-07-2020, 11:07 AM

Did he actually say that wow strange attitude imo.

04Sauzee
21-07-2020, 08:24 AM
31st October and 1St Nov
New players eligible

davhibby
21-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Final on 20th of December, hopefully some fans are allowed for the semi

Billy Whizz
21-07-2020, 08:29 AM
31st October and 1St Nov
New players eligible

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53478993

oneone73
21-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Where are you reading this

Hibs have tweeted it. It's on the SFA Website.

04Sauzee
21-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Where are you reading this

Hibs have tweeted it and other media outlets are also reporting it

Billy Whizz
21-07-2020, 08:31 AM
Hibs have tweeted it and other media outlets are also reporting it

Just saw on BBC website

Diclonius
21-07-2020, 08:32 AM
A very spooky semi final.

we are hibs
21-07-2020, 08:37 AM
We will be the Saturday probably.

Sean1875
21-07-2020, 08:39 AM
New signings being eligible is a massive boost for us. Gogic will hopefully run riot, exactly the kind of game we brought him in for.

Billy Whizz
21-07-2020, 08:41 AM
We will be the Saturday probably.

We’ll need to rearrange a home game v St Johnstone

Scouse Hibee
21-07-2020, 08:54 AM

I don’t think it’s mental at all, the right thing to say and what the fans want to hear.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-07-2020, 08:58 AM
New signings being eligible is a massive boost for us. Gogic will hopefully run riot, exactly the kind of game we brought him in for.

absolutely

hibsfan7
21-07-2020, 09:02 AM
If and when we beat robbie neilsons team for the 3rd time do we get to keep them

Springbank
21-07-2020, 09:02 AM
If we get the Kamberi loan swap going it could open up a great pub quiz question:

Q- What do you call a Rangers player with a Scottish Cup winners medal?

A- Greg Docherty

Leith's finest
21-07-2020, 09:11 AM
So if fans are allowed in will people who have not renewed their season tickets get to buy tickets in the 1st wave, or will they need to wait for genaral sale?
The word if is in there before anybody jumps in

danhibees1875
21-07-2020, 09:28 AM
So if fans are allowed in will people who have not renewed their season tickets get to buy tickets in the 1st wave, or will they need to wait for genaral sale?
The word if is in there before anybody jumps in

I guess it will depend on how many tickets we're allowed to sell if fans are allowed in and how that plays against our ST and renewal numbers.

I'd imagine 19/20 ST holders would be in wave 1 regardless of renewing or not at a guess.

Since452
21-07-2020, 09:38 AM

Wait for Craig Gordon saving them from another derby humiliation

Since452
21-07-2020, 09:39 AM
I'm just happy Robbie Neilson isn't cup tied

Bristolhibby
21-07-2020, 10:40 AM

It’s the Scottish Cup. I want to win it as often as we can. Don’t want our next win being in 2130!

J

Sean1875
21-07-2020, 10:43 AM
It’s the Scottish Cup. I want to win it as often as we can. Don’t want our next win being in 2130!

J

It really is absolutely mental to think how long we went without winning it when you put it like that :faf:

Dashing Bob S
21-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Obviously huge pitfalls as we’ll go into the game favourites and that rarely serves us well in derbies. It’s not great for Hearts given that they won’t have many championship games under their belt.

But as always they will be up for it as it’s a derby.

As a support and club we should be 100% into this, no room for bedwetters and bet hedgers. Those thieving tramps are finally getting their just deserts from the football gods - let’s compound their misery at Hampden by brushing them aside en route to another Scottish Cup Final.

iwasthere1972
21-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Did he actually say that wow strange attitude imo.

I agree with you. Pretty strange thing to say. I would certainly take winning the league over a derby win.

Since452
21-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Karma hasn't finished with Hearts yet. I wonder what the final score will be

Steven79
21-07-2020, 11:52 AM
My brothers re-arranged wedding is on the 31st. :confused:

Our 8 year old has already said that if the game is on the Sunday then he's def going! :agree:

Keith_M
21-07-2020, 12:02 PM
I don’t think it’s mental at all, the right thing to say and what the fans want to hear.

If you had to choose between Liverpool beating Everton in the FA Cup Semi Final or winning the Premier League, which would it be?

Diclonius
21-07-2020, 01:07 PM
Karma hasn't finished with Hearts yet. I wonder what the final score will be

It won't be anything like what most on here will expect it to be. They will fight like dogs for a result as usual and we will have to be at the top of our game.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2020, 01:24 PM
It won't be anything like what most on here will expect it to be. They will fight like dogs for a result as usual and we will have to be at the top of our game.

:agree:

Nothing makes me more nervous before a derby than when Hibs fans start boasting about how many we will put hump them by.

I can't speak for those older than me but in my lifetime it has almost never happened. More often than not the more we predict we will win by the more inexplicable the capitulation. They'll be up for it and more than likely fired up by the sense of injustice they seem to have. We'll have to be right on it to win the game. 1-0 would do me just fine.

JimBHibees
21-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Nothing makes me more nervous before a derby than when Hibs fans start boasting about how many we will put hump them by.

I can't speak for those older than me but in my lifetime it has almost never happened. More often than not the more we predict we will win by the more inexplicable the capitulation. They'll be up for it and more than likely fired up by the sense of injustice they seem to have. We'll have to be right on it to win the game. 1-0 would do me just fine.

I think the last time we played should remove completely any notion of superiority we might think we have.

Saint Hibee
21-07-2020, 02:21 PM
I think the last time we played should remove completely any notion of superiority we might think we have.

I also hope Jack Ross significantly changes his attitude. I just don’t think he took the last derby seriously enough.

allezsauzee
21-07-2020, 02:49 PM

An odd approach but perfectly in line with Yammish mentality, they define themselves based upon their record in matches against Hibs. That is all they have. No reputation for playing with flair,, no great haul of trophies, no great European nights against the likes of Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon and Napoli. They have managed to have a superior record in a derby fixture by consistently playing the kind of football that has won derby matches in days gone by. This is why they obsess about us.

Since452
21-07-2020, 02:53 PM
An odd approach but perfectly in line with Yammish mentality, they define themselves based upon their record in matches against Hibs. That is all they have. No reputation for playing with flair,, no great haul of trophies, no great European nights against the likes of Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon and Napoli. They have managed to have a superior record in a derby fixture by consistently playing the kind of football that has won derby matches in days gone by. This is why they obsess about us.

All while winning less trophies than Hibs over last half a century. Like you say, derbies define them.

Dashing Bob S
21-07-2020, 04:34 PM
I can’t wait for this

Kojock
21-07-2020, 04:47 PM
I guess it will depend on how many tickets we're allowed to sell if fans are allowed in and how that plays against our ST and renewal numbers.

I'd imagine 19/20 ST holders would be in wave 1 regardless of renewing or not at a guess.

You will get a ticket for the away end as Hear7s fans are going to boycott the game.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Any hint as to what the actual date and kick off time will be yet?

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2020, 01:26 PM

Choice of 2 dates, we'll have to wait for sky to decide the kick off times.

Diclonius
17-08-2020, 01:36 PM

Not sure it will matter an awful lot given no one will be there.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-08-2020, 02:43 PM

Will still matter plenty that I get to see it, would have thought they could have decided date & time for each tie by now.

Since90+2
17-08-2020, 03:09 PM

Did Jason Leitch not say the other day the aim was still to have some fans back in grounds by 14th September?

Sean1875
18-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Did Jason Leitch not say the other day the aim was still to have some fans back in grounds by 14th September?

They were planning on using Scotland v Israel as a test event beforehand for this but that's now not been allowed by the government so no chance of fans back on the 14th September now really.

Moulin Yarns
18-08-2020, 08:23 AM
They were planning on using Scotland v Israel as a test event beforehand for this but that's now not been allowed by the government so no chance of fans back on the 14th September now really.

Is it not UEFA that said no fans?

Onceinawhile
18-08-2020, 09:00 AM
Hope we get the Saturday, would hate for Boyle to leave on the last day of the window and not be able to play.

Sean1875
18-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Is it not UEFA that said no fans?

In fairness that could be the case, dont know for certain - would UEFA have the power to do that though? Thought it would have been a decision made by countries governments as it concerns public health.

hibbysam
18-08-2020, 10:48 AM
In fairness that could be the case, dont know for certain - would UEFA have the power to do that though? Thought it would have been a decision made by countries governments as it concerns public health.

UEFA can do as they please, just like they punish teams with BCD games. I’d imagine it is for two things, to ensure safety of players etc and also to ensure fairness across the board. If some countries can have fans and some can’t then it’s not exactly fair.

Springbank
18-08-2020, 11:55 AM
I hope we are up for it, and if we are, then we have a right to be confident (not arrogant but confident)

It's worth keeping in the public eye, though, that Hearts expensively-assembled team of underachievers in 2020 could still start the game with more full internationalists on the pitch than us. Gordon, Smith, Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Boyce

It makes a mockery of Budge & Deans's howling that "it's no fair" to have relegated Hearts.
If you've got over half a team of internationalists, and you still lose 0-1 to St Mirren, when your fans know that's likely to be the last game before Lockdown, then you deserve to go down...but it doesn't mean they are poor wee underdogs. They are venal, living off Other People's Money & in that sense they are everything that is wrong with Scottish football, so we will need to be up for it. Personally I can't wait for this one:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
18-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Anyone any idea what the likely KO times each day are likely to be, and any indication of which day is the more likely for our game?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2020, 04:36 PM
I hope we are up for it, and if we are, then we have a right to be confident (not arrogant but confident)

It's worth keeping in the public eye, though, that Hearts expensively-assembled team of underachievers in 2020 could still start the game with more full internationalists on the pitch than us. Gordon, Smith, Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Boyce

It makes a mockery of Budge & Deans's howling that "it's no fair" to have relegated Hearts.
If you've got over half a team of internationalists, and you still lose 0-1 to St Mirren, when your fans know that's likely to be the last game before Lockdown, then you deserve to go down...but it doesn't mean they are poor wee underdogs. They are venal, living off Other People's Money & in that sense they are everything that is wrong with Scottish football, so we will need to be up for it. Personally I can't wait for this one:thumbsup:

**** me did the tug the chain and boomerang Berra back ? Must have missed that memo (I don’t follow all things jambo)

Logie Green
19-08-2020, 09:38 AM
In today’s Edinburgh ‘Evening’ News in an article about Levein bumping his gums about hertz being told to stop training thus supposedly giving Hibs an advantage a sentence reads ‘The pair are set to meet in the Scottish Cup Final at the end of October or start of January’.

Obviously it should read ‘Semi Final’ (another EN mistake) but it’s the first I’ve read of the possibility of the SF being in January, unless the EN are wrong again!

HH81
19-08-2020, 09:55 AM
It does seem pointless playing them unless fans are back in the ground?

Wilson
19-08-2020, 10:01 AM

Why?

We're seeing plenty of games without fans and the results all count. Liverpool winning the league. Big European ties.

We're due a meaningful derby at a time when there will be few. The games still matter.

Keith_M
19-08-2020, 10:31 AM

I agree.

Playing your local rivals in the semi final of the cup is a major event and one that's surely much better to attend in person than watching it on TV with no fans in the ground, and no atmosphere.

Andy74
19-08-2020, 10:56 AM
I agree.

Playing your local rivals in the semi final of the cup is a major event and one that's surely much better to attend in person than watching it on TV with no fans in the ground, and no atmosphere.

I don’t think anyone could argue that it is much better to attend in person but that’s not an option.

Kato
19-08-2020, 11:13 AM
In today’s Edinburgh ‘Evening’ News in an article about Levein bumping his gums about hertz being told to stop training thus supposedly giving Hibs an advantage a sentence reads ‘The pair are set to meet in the Scottish Cup Final at the end of October or start of January’.

Obviously it should read ‘Semi Final’ (another EN mistake) but it’s the first I’ve read of the possibility of the SF being in January, unless the EN are wrong again!

I'm going to stick up for EEN here and say they are perfectly capable of getting two things wrong in the same article as well as making up something fictional.

Logie Green
19-08-2020, 11:25 AM
I'm going to stick up for EEN here and say they are perfectly capable of getting two things wrong in the same article as well as making up something fictional.

Given that it’s possible to find an error of some sort on almost every page on a daily basis I’m inclined to agree!

Andy74
19-08-2020, 12:52 PM
I agree.

I don’t think anyone could argue that it is much better to attend in person but that’s not an option.

Keith_M
19-08-2020, 12:55 PM

Posting that twice doesn't make your pint any more valid, Andy....

HH81
19-08-2020, 02:30 PM
Why?

We're seeing plenty of games without fans and the results all count. Liverpool winning the league. Big European ties.

We're due a meaningful derby at a time when there will be few. The games still matter.

It just feels like that was the plan all along. When season ended they could have just said forget it and voided the cup. I think thought 3 sell outs we need to play these as the money would be huge.

I just think if was going to play them behind closed doors might have been best having them just before season started.

Green Manalishi
19-08-2020, 02:40 PM

I can't speak for those older than me but in my lifetime it has almost never happened. More often than not the more we predict we will win by the more inexplicable the capitulation. They'll be up for it and more than likely fired up by the sense of injustice they seem to have. We'll have to be right on it to win the game. 1-0 would do me just fine. At 51 im scarred by 17 games and 22 games in a row and still hate playing them to this day. My older brothers who grew up watching the Tornadoes said that losing a derby never used to enter their train of thought they were that confident

The 90+2
19-08-2020, 02:50 PM

All about sponsor and tv money. They won’t play two Scottish cup finals in the same year so it must be played when it is.

The Leith Dutch
19-08-2020, 02:58 PM

100% this.

I've never found current form, current division or what the squads are like on paper to be anything to go on.
In fact I feel more confident when we're expected to lose.

Plus the games are usually tight.
I'd take 1-0 Hibs with a sclaffed deflection right now.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2020, 03:11 PM

The government hasn't commented on this issue yet since they announced at the last review that fans could possibly return from 14th September.

We may hear more tomorrow which is the next review date.