PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: THIRD KIT REVEALED!

RSS Bot
17-07-2020, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10677)

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 10:03 AM
I suppose it's not as ugly as the 2nd (Away) kit.

OR

That's OK actually, unlike the 2nd (Away) kit.

Diclonius
17-07-2020, 10:03 AM
This'll probably be the only season I buy all three kits.

04Sauzee
17-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Which isn't ugly at all in my opinion off course

Brightside
Cmon the Norwich.

tamig

Not as ugly? I think it’s a pretty smart kit on its own without comparing to anything else.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Not as ugly? I think it’s a pretty smart kit on its own without comparing to anything else.

OK, I'll rephrase that...

That's OK actually, unlike the 2nd (Away) kit.

That better? :greengrin

Since452
17-07-2020, 10:10 AM
Can't see my name from the pictures. Livid.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 10:10 AM
Cmon the Norwich.

This content right here.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 10:11 AM

All the names from the list are on there, in fact most are on there more than once as the pattern repeats, so don't you worry. :aok:

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Which isn't ugly at all in my opinion off course

Of course.

Everyone's entitled to their viewpoint, Freedom of Speech and all that

:aok:

DaveF
17-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Yellow. Meh.

Bristolhibby
17-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Guess no “Thank You NHS” so as to not obscure peoples names?

J

Pretty Boy
17-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Ugh yellow.

I'll buy it because my name is on it but I hate yellow Hibs kits.

Brightside
17-07-2020, 10:15 AM

J

NHS isnt on any of them unless you pay the extra fiver.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 10:16 AM

It is for the players, though. This one is blank - for the reasons stated by the OP.

Bronson
I really hate these macron kits. I think they’ve all been awful.

nonshinyfinish

Yeah but looking at the preorder page, there's no option to add it.

Speedway
17-07-2020, 10:22 AM
Lovely looking kit, even though I’m not a fan of yellow.

I bet my name’s on the bit that goes over the arse though.

mutley
17-07-2020, 10:23 AM
Ugh yellow.

Same here, my first thoughts was to buy 2 (1 to wear , 1 to keep), but will prob only get 1 now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 10:24 AM
I'm not always keen on yellow kits but I do like this one. The green flashes and the shape are really decent.

Nice touch for the folks who know their name is on there, mine and my dad's were the first I looked for.

LancsHibs
17-07-2020, 10:26 AM

Yeh, they’re not great.

MrRobot
17-07-2020, 10:27 AM
loving this one, way better than the away.

This template in white and green would have been superb as an away.

Unseen work
17-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Order window closes 6th of August?:confused:

Seems bizarre, not giving people much opportunity.

PH91
17-07-2020, 10:28 AM
A bit gutted. I never like yellow kits and the collar on that is a stinker.

One Day Soon
17-07-2020, 10:29 AM
That's one butt-ugly kit.

Carheenlea
I like it.

Don’t mind yellow albeit not a colour that dominates many wardrobes, but a unique shirt given the HSL subscribers inclusion and I think I prefer this to the purple away kit. We will see this one more than the purple I think given that it will stand out more in a lot of away fixtures.

Brummie_Hibs
I'll be buying it coz my name is on it, but I will never wear it.

It's been years since I bought or wore a Hibs top.

Just_Jimmy
17-07-2020, 10:30 AM
This will sell to everyone with their name on. Others without theirs on might buy but I'd guess that would put them off.

Add in that it's not very nice. Quicker we move away from macron the better.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
17-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Don't mind it to be honest.

RyeSloan
17-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Hmm it’s not bad....could and should have been an easy to make a white version of this instead of yellow though.

nonshinyfinish
17-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Hmm it’s not bad....could and should have been an easy to make a white version of this instead of yellow though.

The lettering complicates things – it's possible that a white version with (presumably) grey lettering would end up looking sort of dirty off-white from a distance.

supermcginn
17-07-2020, 10:53 AM
Yip, really naff cheap looking strips.

HendoDelivered
17-07-2020, 11:12 AM
No for me.

Pagan Hibernia
17-07-2020, 11:19 AM
I don’t know, I quite like it. I quite like all our kits this year.

ive neither bought nor worn a football shirt since I was 14 but I reckon I’ll probably end up buying all three of these

TelaStella
17-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Really like it, perhaps even my favourite of the 3 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
17-07-2020, 11:25 AM
I don't like the top but I'll be buying it and framing it. How often does your name appear on a Hibs shirt?!

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2020, 11:27 AM
I don't like the top but I'll be buying it and framing it. How often does your name appear on a Hibs shirt?!

Every season if you want it :greengrin

Since452
17-07-2020, 11:32 AM
Every season if you want it :greengrin

Haha true

hibee
17-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Are the season ticket holders names on the shirt?

Monts
17-07-2020, 11:38 AM
I think the strip is fine. It has hints of Brazil '98.

Obviously I know it's done now, and was always going to be the case, but it still grates slightly that those who bought shares direct are not recognised. They paid the minimum threshold any HSL needed to pay too, and the money went direct to the club. And especially if, as has been said above, the names are repeated because there weren't enough to fill the shirt.

But it's done now. Hopefully it makes lots of people happy, and hibs a lot of money.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Are the season ticket holders names on the shirt?

No, HSL paid up members

macca70
17-07-2020, 11:47 AM
No, HSL paid up members

Find that a bit of a joke to be honest,

Would have thought season ticket holders were the biggest source of income and livelihood of the club over HSL donations.

In fact as a season ticket holder for 30 years that’s really pee’d me off!!

hibee
17-07-2020, 11:47 AM
No, HSL paid up members

That’s poor from Hibs, they took in £24k from this group last month and probably about £2M from season ticket holders.

One plus is I’ll not feel compelled to buy an awful top I’d probably never wear!

Billy Whizz
17-07-2020, 11:49 AM
That’s poor from Hibs, they took in £24k from this group last month and probably about £2M from season ticket holders.

One plus is I’ll not feel compelled to buy an awful top I’d probably never wear!

It’s not poor at all, it’s been on the agenda for over a year or so

hibby6270
17-07-2020, 11:51 AM
This will sell to everyone with their name on. Others without theirs on might buy but I'd guess that would put them off.

Add in that it's not very nice. Quicker we move away from macron the better.

The way I read it, it’ll only be available to preorder by fully paid up HSL members as per the list issued in October 2019. Won’t be on sale in the shop to the public.

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2020, 11:51 AM
This was explained years ago. Its a kit specifically designed for HSL members. There is absolutely no reason to get mad at this.

Hakim Sar
17-07-2020, 11:55 AM
That is a rank kit.

Disappointing.

Pagan Hibernia
17-07-2020, 12:06 PM
This was explained years ago. Its a kit specifically designed for HSL members. There is absolutely no reason to get mad at this.

Never underestimate people’s ability to be outraged these days :rolleyes:

hibby6270
17-07-2020, 12:07 PM
Anyone managed to find their own name on the strip yet?

kennedy
17-07-2020, 12:07 PM

Would have thought season ticket holders were the biggest source of income and livelihood of the club over HSL donations.

How you supposed to get 10,500 names on a strip. Some people are never happy with what the club do !!!

green&left
17-07-2020, 12:10 PM

Pissed of 'cos your names no printed on a cheap bit of polyester that's been in the pipeline for about 2 years now? :boo hoo:

green&left
17-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Order window closes 6th of August?:confused:

Seems bizarre, not giving people much opportunity.

Hopefully the club shop will get a full run in. Can't afford it this payday but would buy it middle of next month.

macca70
17-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Pissed of 'cos your names no printed on a cheap bit of polyester that's been in the pipeline for about 2 years now? :boo hoo:

It’s a nice touch and acknowledgment for supporting the club,

How long it’s been in the pipeline for is irrelevant, it’s the principle of showing loyalty and a bit acknowledgment to season ticket holders that have stood by the club over the years and provided the club with the funds to make the recent signings

macca70
17-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Hopefully the club shop will get a full run in. Can't afford it this payday but would buy it middle of next month.

Just cancel your HSL subscription and that might free up funds to buy it 😂😂😂

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 12:17 PM

The kit is a limited run and will only be available on pre-order unfortunately.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 12:19 PM
I think the strip is fine. It has hints of Brazil '98.

Obviously I know it's done now, and was always going to be the case, but it still grates slightly that those who bought shares direct are not recognised. They paid the minimum threshold any HSL needed to pay too, and the money went direct to the club. And especially if, as has been said above, the names are repeated because there weren't enough to fill the shirt.

But it's done now. Hopefully it makes lots of people happy, and hibs a lot of money.

I honestly don't mind.

I know my money went to Hibs and that's all that really matters (to me, anyway).

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 12:22 PM

How long it’s been in the pipeline for is irrelevant, it’s the principle of showing loyalty and a bit acknowledgment to season ticket holders that have stood by the club over the years and provided the club with the funds to make the recent signings

They can't print 11k names on a shirt.

ST holders are rightfully praised on every single turn by the club. Buying a season ticket is paying for a service, in this case, securing your seat in the stadium and guaranteeing the ability to watch every league match at home.

I applaud every single person who has backed the club in this way over the years, but trying to detract from this gesture toward HSL by conflating the two and arguing for something that just isn't possible really isn't right.

Hibs are constantly thanking the ST holders, this was very much a separate and precise gesture for HSL members, who get basically nothing in return for their membership.

macca70
17-07-2020, 12:36 PM
They can't print 11k names on a shirt.

ST holders are rightfully praised on every single turn by the club. Buying a season ticket is paying for a service, in this case, securing your seat in the stadium and guaranteeing the ability to watch every league match at home.

I applaud every single person who has backed the club in this way over the years, but trying to detract from this gesture toward HSL by conflating the two and arguing for something that just isn't possible really isn't right.

Hibs are constantly thanking the ST holders, this was very much a separate and precise gesture for HSL members, who get basically nothing in return for their membership.

Do you know you couldn’t fit 11k names on a shirt or just guessing and putting it across as fact.

Other clubs have done it with those numbers.

CMurdoch
17-07-2020, 12:38 PM
Folk get annoyed about everything these days.

On this occasion some season ticket holders are annoyed that folk who buy a season ticket and contribute even more money though HSL are being invited to put their hand in their pocket again to buy a 100% polyester football strip with their name on it in tiny writing. So over and above what they paid for their season ticket they have paid at least £250 into HSL for nowt in return and will now have to pay out a further circa £50 for the strip.

In essence those with their names on the 3rd strip have swelled the club coffers by at least £300 quid each.
This extra money will help Hibs and will thus benefit every Hibs supporter, and the folk that didn't contribute this extra free cash are not happy :confused:.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Do you know you couldn’t fit 11k names on a shirt or just guessing and putting it across as fact.

Yes, I know that 11k names wouldn't fit on the shirt and be even slightly legible.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes:

The Spaceman
17-07-2020, 12:47 PM

Strongly disagree, and that is as a ST holder and non-HSL subscriber, and therefore in the same boat as you.

The third strip initiative was clearly a marketing campaign to drum up support for HSL - everyone had an opportunity to sign up by a pretty lengthy deadline if they wanted their name on this strip. You have bought a Season Ticket for the past 30 years to go and watch Hibs play. Those who are donating to HSL are doing so with very little additional benefit outside of simply donating money to the club, so deserve a free-standing thank you. It is like you saying that because you have a season ticket, you are entitled to a free pie and bovril every game as well.

macca70
17-07-2020, 12:47 PM
Folk get annoyed about everything these days.

On this occasion some season ticket holders are annoyed that folk who buy a season ticket and contribute even more money though HSL are being invited to put their hand in their pocket again to buy a 100% polyester football strip with their name on it in tiny writing. So over and above what they paid for their season ticket they have paid at least £250 into HSL for nowt in return and will now have to pay out a further circa £50 for the strip.

In essence those with their names on the 3rd strip have swelled the club coffers by at least £300 quid each.
This extra money will help Hibs and will thus benefit every Hibs supporter, and the folk that didn't contribute this extra free cash are not happy :confused:.

Oh the irony of people being annoyed about people being annoyed where as in actual fact I was just expressing my opinion.

Not all HSL contributors are necessarily season ticket holders, most will be but not all.

Just my opinion that it seems unfair to acknowledge HSL contributors in this way but nothing like this for seasons ticket holders or those that buy shares directly.

macca70
17-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Strongly disagree, and that is as a ST holder and non-HSL subscriber, and therefore in the same boat as you.

The third strip initiative was clearly a marketing campaign to drum up support for HSL - everyone had an opportunity to sign up by a pretty lengthy deadline if they wanted their name on this strip. You have bought a Season Ticket for the past 30 years to go and watch Hibs play. Those who are donating to HSL are doing so with very little additional benefit outside of simply donating money to the club, so deserve a free-standing thank you. It is like you saying that because you have a season ticket, you are entitled to a free pie and bovril every game as well.

Ridiculous analogy, it’s nothing like asking for a free pie and bovril every game 😂😂😂😂 What it is doing is asking for a nice touch acknowledgement like the effort that has gone into producing this shirt.

Bangkok Hibby
17-07-2020, 12:50 PM

That's exactly where I am with this. I just hope my name is visible once it's in the frame.

Andy74
17-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Oh the irony of people being annoyed about people being annoyed where as in actual fact I was just expressing my opinion.

Not all HSL contributors are necessarily season ticket holders, most will be but not all.

Just my opinion that it seems unfair to acknowledge HSL contributors in this way but nothing like this for seasons ticket holders or those that buy shares directly.

It was a specific idea to help drum up further interest for HSL and was well publicised.

I’m sure Hibs would be open to your idea on doing something similar for a future ST campaign and to work on the practicalities of doing that.

These things get off the ground by people doing something about it.

Brightside
17-07-2020, 12:54 PM

Have people been asleep for 9 months.

calumhibee1
17-07-2020, 12:56 PM

Spot on. This had been clear from day one which was about 18 months ago, maybe longer. Given what Macca says is ‘irrelevant’ when in-fact it is central to the point here I wonder if he is trolling now?

The club have acknowledged ST holders continuously and rightly so. The fact is HSL members have put money in with the intention of it being a donation with no benefit to them personally other than Hibs being able to afford better players.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 12:58 PM
For anybody that wants to see their name on the new shirt, you can get it printed on at the Hibs Shop.

In fact, you could use a marker pen and write whatever you want. Maybe something like...

Moany McMoaninface
Season Ticket purchaser
& Hibs Shareholder.

worcesterhibby
17-07-2020, 01:06 PM
has anyone got a link to the list of names that are on it, so I can check I'm included ? I missed it first time round.

Brummie_Hibs
17-07-2020, 01:11 PM
As has already been said, St holders already get rewarded with guaranteed home attendance, discounts and their usual seats.

Direct bought shareholders get rewarded with part personal ownership of Hibs.

HSL contributers get nothing.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Oh my god, this is getting worse!

It almost makes me wish the club hadn't released a new shirt.

:rolleyes:

matty_f
17-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Should have learned by now not to be surprised at folk getting upset about something like this but still, it was made clear what was happening, folk had ample time to get on board with it, and it was never part of a season ticket campaign.

I’m annoyed about that thing, that i didn’t want to be a part of, happening because it doesn’t include me. Nonsense.

nonshinyfinish
17-07-2020, 01:17 PM
I bet those NHS dicks were behind the decision not to put ST holders' names on the shirt! :grr:

CapitalGreen
17-07-2020, 01:19 PM
seems like a few folk are needing a nappy change 😂😂

worcesterhibby
17-07-2020, 01:21 PM
I bet those NHS dicks were behind the decision not to put ST holders' names on the shirt! :grr:

:faf::faf:

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 01:22 PM

They're working for Putin and are probably behind Covid-19.

I understand they also played a large part in Trump's election campaign as well.

macca70
17-07-2020, 01:23 PM
As has already been said, St holders already get rewarded with guaranteed home attendance, discounts and their usual seats.

Direct bought shareholders get rewarded with part personal ownership of Hibs.

HSL contributers get nothing.

My point isn’t about getting something for your money, it’s about acknowledgment from the club of your contribution of your cash.

Pretty Boy
17-07-2020, 01:23 PM
People had about 2 years to secure their name on the shirt. The conditions around how to do so were made clear some time ago.

If you chose not to contribute then you can't really complain. If you want to see something similar for ST holders then take your idea to Hibs in the same way HSL took this to them.

CapitalGreen
17-07-2020, 01:35 PM
My point isn’t about getting something for your money, it’s about acknowledgment from the club of your contribution of your cash.

There’s been multiple acknowledgements over the past few months from different people at the club to season ticket holders.

HH81
17-07-2020, 01:59 PM
Not a great fan of it but as it has my name on it I will buy it and frame it.

green&left
17-07-2020, 02:24 PM

But it wasn't about ST holders. It never was about season ticket holders. So it doesn't matter how long you've had one for. Or if you've never had one at all. The arrangement was those who helped the club with additional funds via HSL and who met the criteria donating X amount by X date got their name of the strip. Pretty clear so still no idea what you're whinging about TBH.

The kit is a limited run and will only be available on pre-order unfortunately.

Ach well. I'll chuck it on the CC and clear it next month.

Hopefully they'll have a full run of the home kit as hoping to pick an infant one up for my son.

Juniper Greens
17-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Can someone who knows macca70 give him a call and make sure he's ok. Seems to be getting majorly pissed off for nothing!

I think the strips minging but I'll buy one as my name is on it. Topped up my HSL a few times to get over the threshold, which shows it was a good money raiser for Hibs

Nakedmanoncrack
17-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Looks decent, certainly better than the 2nd strip in my opinion, don't normally buy the shirt (too old for that kind of thing) but will probably get this one.

ClermistonGreen
17-07-2020, 02:31 PM
That's one butt-ugly kit.

I'm guessing your names not on it bud !

worcesterhibby
17-07-2020, 02:38 PM
I like it, my first ever strip was a yellow one from the early 80's..wish I still had it. These days, other than for matches (when I always wear a green strip) I only wear football tops for running in, so bright yellow will be pretty good come the winter, Plus if I drop dead from trying to beat my 5K time, they will just need to go through all the names to ID the body :greengrin

madhatter
17-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Reminds me a bit of a Brazil kit. Pity didn't do green shorts and white socks or something. Dont think top looks too bad, just yellow shorts isnt my thing.

Bristolhibby
17-07-2020, 02:51 PM
Yeah but looking at the preorder page, there's no option to add it.

Indeed. Can add to the home (when it’s back in pre order stock) and away but not the third. Guess the third is thanking the HSL Members and rightly Hibs don’t want to obscure their name.

Look good when we wear it at Parkhead.

J

Greenbeard
17-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Reminds me a bit of a Brazil kit. Pity didn't do green shorts and white socks or something. Dont think top looks too bad, just yellow shorts isnt my thing.
Just what I was going to say. Yellow top - and that shade of yellow - is no' bad but not keen on the yellow shorts. Green or grey or even white shorts would have been my preference, and purely from a spectator's point of view, not as a buyer. Does anyone actually buy the full shebang of replica third kit jersey, short and socks?

CapitalGreen
17-07-2020, 03:11 PM

Brazil wear blue shorts 🤓

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Ugh yellow.

The away kit colour always splits the support. I love the yellow kits and will definitely get it, though my name had better be right next to the badge and not under the armpit, Dempster. :greengrin

madhatter
17-07-2020, 03:51 PM
Brazil wear blue shorts 🤓

I know that. My point was the top reminds me of Brazil. I just don't like the shorts being yellow.

Jones28
17-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Buy a kit and get your name on the back of it.

Jones28
17-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Ahh man. Really not a fan of yellow. But it’ll do.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2020, 04:17 PM

You’re off your head. The HSL kit has been on the agenda for years. Do you want your name on a shirt every time you buy a season ticket?

Daniel 1875
17-07-2020, 04:19 PM

J

The shirt is for sale ‘blank’ with no sponsor logo or ‘Thank You NHS’ on the front. For a few reasons but the main one being to ensure everyone’s name is visible and not obscured by any logo on the front.

The way it’s worked out everyone’s name should appear at least twice on the front meaning that if you’ve fallen on an armpit or similar you should be more prominent elsewhere!

Squealing pig
17-07-2020, 04:21 PM
No likey

chasitup
17-07-2020, 04:24 PM
I like it a lot, looks ace.

Franck Stanton
17-07-2020, 04:49 PM
I like it a lot, looks ace.

Me too also.

LaMotta
17-07-2020, 05:07 PM
A bit gutted. I never like yellow kits and the collar on that is a stinker.

:agree: horrendous effort. The collar is terrible.

erin go bragh
17-07-2020, 05:13 PM
I’m looking at the short sleeved top ( names all over front ,back and sleeves )
But so is the long sleeved top . So as both have the same amount of names , I’m assuming the names on the long sleeved top are marginally bigger ,thus easier to see . Fwiw ,I can’t see my name on any of them .

TelaStella
17-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Any of the anti yellow brigade perhaps fancy a swap to pink? New away top from the chookters dropped earlier. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200717/ce102294c56b08603b76b8c3ccf85812.jpg

tamig
17-07-2020, 05:15 PM

Dry your eyes. As others have said this has been on the cards for ages. Stop your whingeing. Uber fan alert indeed.

Brightside
17-07-2020, 05:16 PM
Any of the anti yellow brigade perhaps fancy a swap to pink? New away top from the chookters dropped earlier. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200717/ce102294c56b08603b76b8c3ccf85812.jpg

Thats a great kit.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Thats a great kit.

I like it too, nice initiative behind it as well.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2020, 05:23 PM
I like it too, nice initiative behind it as well.

Not my taste, but what's the cause behind it?

tamig
17-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Can someone who knows macca70 give him a call and make sure he's ok. Seems to be getting majorly pissed off for nothing!

I think the strips minging but I'll buy one as my name is on it. Topped up my HSL a few times to get over the threshold, which shows it was a good money raiser for Hibs
Think he needs a call from Ron thanking him personally for his ST renewal. With some goodies thrown in obviously.

Vault Boy
17-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Not my taste, but what's the cause behind it?

Donating a percentage of each sale to Highland Hospice.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Donating a percentage of each sale to Highland Hospice.

Good on them for doing that :agree:

Pretty Boy
17-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Thats a great kit.

Agreed.

Pink football kits can work. Juventus, Man Utd and Scotland Women have all had great pink kits in the last few years. Palermo rarely have a shocker either.

The Spaceman
17-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Let's start a campaign to get the West Stand renamed the Macca70 stand. He is clearly very upset about this third strip debacle.

Brightside
17-07-2020, 05:39 PM
Agreed.

Pink football kits can work. Juventus, Man Utd and Scotland Women have all had great pink kits in the last few years. Palermo rarely have a shocker either.

Totally agree. Palermo kits are always magic.

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Agreed.

Yes, fair point, all nice strips. The Man United strip was a tribute to the Football Pink and was great.

Since452
17-07-2020, 05:51 PM

Both ICT kits are outstanding

Pretty Boy
17-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Both ICT kits are outstanding

I just went on their website to take a look at the home strip, which is smart, and ended up buying a 25 year old commemorative Glenlivet for my whisky collection....

Since452
17-07-2020, 06:00 PM
I just went on their website to take a look at the home strip, which is smart, and ended up buying a 25 year old commemorative Glenlivet for my whisky collection....

Haha exquisite choice i must say 🥃

Green Man
17-07-2020, 06:02 PM

That’s a good looking bottle of whisky, not sure I can justify £125 and a trip to Inverness to collect it though.

Daniel 1875
17-07-2020, 06:02 PM
I’m looking at the short sleeved top ( names all over front ,back and sleeves )
But so is the long sleeved top . So as both have the same amount of names , I’m assuming the names on the long sleeved top are marginally bigger ,thus easier to see . Fwiw ,I can’t see my name on any of them .

I think the names on the long sleeved version and short sleever are the same size, but the names will appear more times on the long sleeved one.

Foritza
17-07-2020, 06:31 PM
These must be the three most unattractive Hibs strips I have seen. Big No from me, I won't be buying any of these.

macca70
17-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Dry your eyes. As others have said this has been on the cards for ages. Stop your whingeing. Uber fan alert indeed.

Uber fan alert?

Pagan Hibernia
17-07-2020, 06:35 PM
These must be the three most unattractive Hibs strips I have seen. Big No from me, I won't be buying any of these.

All about opinions I suppose. I think the home one is a beauty, the away is quite smart, and the third is just about ok.

Worst recent kit in my opinion was that blended emerald and bottle green effort from two seasons ago

Eyrie
17-07-2020, 07:06 PM
I think it looks decent, but yellow isn't my colour so I'd never wear it.

Would be interested to see a larger pic though where it would be possible to zoom in and see where my name is. Might even tempt me to buy it.

bod
17-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Knowing my luck my name will be on the socks

JXM73
17-07-2020, 07:12 PM
Uber fan alert?

Aye, easy to spot, they must tell everybody how long they've been a season ticket holder.

CapitalGreen
17-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Uber fan alert?

You mentioned you’d had a season ticket for 30 years as if that elevates your level of support to the club. Whether you’ve had season ticket for over 30 years or just 30 days makes heehaw difference.

tamig
17-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Uber fan alert?

I’ve had a season for 30 years blah blah.

Speedway
17-07-2020, 07:34 PM

There’s a need for .net registration to come with free guide dog.

macca70
17-07-2020, 07:41 PM
People had about 2 years to secure their name on the shirt. The conditions around how to do so were made clear some time ago.

If you chose not to contribute then you can't really complain. If you want to see something similar for ST holders then take your idea to Hibs in the same way HSL took this to them.

Wow, a sensible reply 👍

It’s amazing some folks attitude on here just because you dare to have a differing opinion from them. 1 sarcastic reply then the rest jump on the sarcastic response band wagon.

Fair point, I’ve never read the HSL conditions to be honest just remember it being a bit controversial when it was launched then Ron’s ownership has put a spanner in the works for buying more shares.

£24k donation to the club in June was impressive.

Seems strange that HSL has a board which Leanne Dempster is on, I thought the purpose of HSL board was to ultimately have a voice on the Hibs board (when they got to 25% ownership) and challenge the Hibs board when they didn’t agree or protect interest of the supporters, how does that work if LD has an interest on both boards? Not having a go at HSL, it’s a genuine question.

Antifa Hibs
17-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Wow, a sensible reply 👍

It’s amazing some folks attitude on here just because you dare to have a differing opinion from them. 1 sarcastic reply then the rest jump on the sarcastic response band wagon.

Fair point, I’ve never read the HSL conditions to be honest just remember it being a bit controversial when it was launched then Ron’s ownership has put a spanner in the works for buying more shares.

Seems strange that HSL has a board which Leanne Dempster is on, I thought the purpose of HSL board was to ultimately have a voice on the Hibs board (when they got to 25% ownership) and challenge the Hibs board when they didn’t agree or protect interest of the supporters, how does that work if LD has an interest on both boards? Not having a go at HSL, it’s a genuine question.

Made a right noel hunt of it and trying to change the subject. Nice work.

You a politician by any chance? :greengrin:wink:

penihibs
17-07-2020, 07:50 PM
I'm not always keen on yellow kits but I do like this one. The green flashes and the shape are really decent.

Nice touch for the folks who know their name is on there, mine and my dad's were the first I looked for.
Thinks it's really nice.

Brightside
17-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Wow, a sensible reply 👍

If you don’t know any of the detail about the 3rd shirt or HSL at this stage I’d maybe just take a step back.

Hibs90
17-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Wow, a sensible reply 👍

Openly admit to never reading the HSL conditions but assumed the purpose. Good one.

macca70
17-07-2020, 08:04 PM
Made a right noel hunt of it and trying to change the subject. Nice work.

You a politician by any chance? :greengrin:wink:

Ha ha, I stand by my opinion.

I’m in the process of starting my campaign to have all season ticket holders names embroidered on the 2020 Scottish Cup Final special edition shirt for when we pump hearts in the semi. Although with potential restriction on crowds, not sure my season ticket will entitle me to A semi ticket, priority might go to HSL members 🙈😂😂

Not In The Know
17-07-2020, 08:51 PM
I do think its not ideal that what should be a historical Hibs top ends up being yellow.

tamig
17-07-2020, 08:55 PM

I’m in the process of starting my campaign to have all season ticket holders names embroidered on the 2020 Scottish Cup Final special edition shirt for when we pump hearts in the semi. Although with potential restriction on crowds, not sure my season ticket will entitle me to A semi ticket, priority might go to HSL members 🙈😂😂
You crack on with your campaign matey. Us HSL members know that we’ll at least see our names on a Hibs strip next season. And if, by some miracle, fans are allowed into the semi if it takes place, all of us ST holders will have an equal chance of attending 👍

Loopz
17-07-2020, 09:47 PM
I like it (Found my name in about 2 mins) :greengrin

One Day Soon
17-07-2020, 09:55 PM
I'm guessing your names not on it bud !

I'm HSL so presumably it will be on there somewhere. I still won't be buying it, I think it's pretty rank. Mind you I think almost all yellow kits are completely bogging. Unless they have Brazilians inside them - the nationality that is, not the pubic coiffure.

One Day Soon
17-07-2020, 10:14 PM

It's like Blockbusters meets Ann Summers with a hint of Jean Michel Jarre. None of which makes it a good strip. Might do for a Stag in Dublin :dunno:

1875STEVE
17-07-2020, 10:29 PM
No problems finding my name.

It's used in the official zoomed photo on the main site. :flag:

I like it that much im buying two, long and short sleeve.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2020, 10:31 PM
As a season ticket holder and non-HSL member, I'm struggling to understand why there's any controversy over this.

It was well publicised, probably well over a year ago now, that the names on the shirt idea was specifically for those who were fully paid members of HSL by a certain date.

It's not Hibs' fault if people didn't take notice of it.

I'm not one to shy away from criticising the club when it's warranted but there can be zero justified complaints over this.

hibby6270
17-07-2020, 11:34 PM

“I’ll have a P please Bob” :wink:

ian cruise
18-07-2020, 12:17 AM
Keen to see the top on a person, not sure on the collar. If my initial thoughts are right and it's the same as the 2006 Brazil top I'll 100% be buying it but I have a niggling fear it's more of an open rugby strip collar.

ian cruise
18-07-2020, 12:19 AM

Normally quite like a pink strip but that's a horror show I'm afraid. I'd we came out with that there would be bedlam.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2020, 08:04 AM

You’re not half floundering now with all your funnies. What’s next, a question about loyalty points? You’ll maybe find a badger to poke down that hole you’re digging.

Not In The Know
18-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Thinking about getting this for the wee one and was just about to click buy after selecting the add name, number and SPFL badges but it suddenly dawned on me they could be covering my name! Can you get these added later say in the club shop and what’s the chances of your name being in more than one place on the material?

tar.

Just Alf
18-07-2020, 08:22 AM
Thinking about getting this for the wee one and was just about to click buy after selecting the add name, number and SPFL badges but it suddenly dawned on me they could be covering my name! Can you get these added later say in the club shop and what’s the chances of your name being in more than one place on the material?

tar.Had the same thought, reading the bumpf it mentions "your name will appear at least twice"... Still could be unlucky though, under an armpit and under a badge!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jacomo
18-07-2020, 08:27 AM

You will have to buy one. As will I.

Keith_M
18-07-2020, 08:30 AM
There’s a need for .net registration to come with free guide dog.

Yep.

Pink football shirts should be against the law.

That and brown.

Daniel 1875
18-07-2020, 08:32 AM

tar.

From the sample I’ve seen the names appear at least twice on the front of the shirt meaning if name/number etc covers it on the back you’ll still be able to see it a couple of times on the front.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2020, 09:33 AM

You must have good eye sight

lucky
18-07-2020, 09:48 AM
Not sure why anyone is getting worked up about names on a strip. This initiative was well publicised and it the cut off date was well known. I’m a HSL member and my name will be on the shirt. I might buy it for the novelty but I’m not really into wearing football shirts. But I’m not fan of Hibs having a third strip that’s yellow but it will hopefully bring in additional funds to the club.

One Day Soon
18-07-2020, 10:07 AM
All I said to my wife was 'that yellow strip is good enough for Jehovah'.

Hibbyradge
18-07-2020, 10:52 AM
What's the sizing like?

sambajustice
18-07-2020, 11:13 AM
All dreadful

StevieC
18-07-2020, 02:37 PM
What's the sizing like?

A chunky chappie should always err on the side of caution :wink:

HH81
18-07-2020, 02:42 PM

So go up one size or two?

matty_f
18-07-2020, 02:44 PM
I like the strip, i like the concept of having fans’ names and it’s going to be popular with almost everyone who has their name on the shirt.

I’ll definitely be getting one.

Hibbyradge
18-07-2020, 02:49 PM

Cheeky bassa!

I've erred though 😁

FranckSuzy
18-07-2020, 05:53 PM
has anyone got a link to the list of names that are on it, so I can check I'm included ? I missed it first time round.

I've got an email that lists all names that were to be included. I can either forward it on to you or if you give me your name, I will have a look :aok:

NGP
18-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Question - does anyone know if each top is the same in terms of where your name is placed? Or, does the printing process result in your name appearing on different parts of the strip in different tops?
One top may have your name above the badge, but another it may be in the armpit?

Daniel 1875
18-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Question - does anyone know if each top is the same in terms of where your name is placed? Or, does the printing process result in your name appearing on different parts of the strip in different tops?
One top may have your name above the badge, but another it may be in the armpit?

Placement of names will be the same on all shirts - names will appear more than once on the front.

NGP
18-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Placement of names will be the same on all shirts - names will appear more than once on the front.

Great. Thanks

1875STEVE
18-07-2020, 06:36 PM
You must have good eye sight

It's 10x bigger on the official website

GloryGlory
19-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Can anyone tell me, as a comfortably upholstered lady of size 16-18, what size I should order?

Serious answers only, please. Thank you kindly.

hibby6270
19-07-2020, 08:02 PM
How can the largest size for the long sleeve shirt suddenly no longer be in the drop down?
It’s a time limited pre-order, so surely the club get the order in to the manufacturer for the numbers and all sizes requested? It’s not as if the club would be buying in say 100 5XL strips on the off chance they might or might not sell them. Am I missing something here?

Iggy Pope
19-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Can anyone tell me, as a comfortably upholstered lady of size 16-18, what size I should order?

I’d like to know as well. I’ve taken a punt on the home shirt and had to do the same with this one.
Mind you, it’s several years since I needed to know. I can see me wearing it under a jumper.

Since452
19-07-2020, 08:22 PM
Assuming everyone who's a founding member of HSL and has their name on the shirt buys one, that's a very healthy sum of money being reinvested back into the player budget. Think it's a great idea.

nonshinyfinish
20-07-2020, 07:51 AM

I’d like to know as well. I’ve taken a punt on the home shirt and had to do the same with this one.
Mind you, it’s several years since I needed to know. I can see me wearing it under a jumper.

Do you have a recent-ish Hibs top that fits? Knowing the size/manufacturer of one that fits you would inform a better guess at your Macron size.

mutley
20-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Same here, my first thoughts was to buy 2 (1 to wear , 1 to keep), but will prob only get 1 now

Well, I’m clearly talking out my arse as I ended up ordering 2 .

Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just_Jimmy
20-07-2020, 06:27 PM
How can the largest size for the long sleeve shirt suddenly no longer be in the drop down?
It’s a time limited pre-order, so surely the club get the order in to the manufacturer for the numbers and all sizes requested? It’s not as if the club would be buying in say 100 5XL strips on the off chance they might or might not sell them. Am I missing something here?I couldn't even see adult sizes in the home top at all. Is that right? Pre order but you can't actually order?

hibby6270
20-07-2020, 06:42 PM
I couldn't even see adult sizes in the home top at all. Is that right? Pre order but you can't actually order?

It was actually the long sleeve 3rd kit I was querying why the 5XL option has “disappeared”.
But yeah. You’re right. Home kit long sleeve tops too don’t have 5XL sizes available on pre-order either.

Why can that be the case when it’s a pre-order sale at the moment and basically every order, regardless of the size, is a guaranteed sale, no matter whether it’s the home, away or 3rd kit.

I don’t get the logic!? :confused:

Maybe I’ve dreamed there was a 5XL sizing in long sleeve? There is in the short sleeve, so that might be what I’ll have to go with.

Daniel 1875
05-08-2020, 07:18 AM
Just a wee reminder that the third kit is available by pre-order only until Friday.

It won’t be available to buy in the shop so anyone looking to get the shirt needs to order online before Friday.

Not sure the club have plans to repeat the ‘names on the shirt’ initiative again in the near future so I’d hate to think of anyone who misses out because they intend to pick one up in the shop at Easter Road.

Cammy
05-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Here is the link to Macron size guide, not sure how accurate it is though.

https://www.macron.com/int/en/size-guide

XL looks like 40 to 42.5 inches

green day
05-08-2020, 07:40 AM

So is mine, in fact its in the wee round bit :thumbsup:

hibby6270
05-08-2020, 09:58 AM
So is mine, in fact its in the wee round bit :thumbsup:

As much as I’ve tried, I can’t decipher my name on any of the images available on the website.
Will just be my luck that it’s directly under the club badge or the Macron logo!!:rolleyes:

ian cruise
05-08-2020, 10:03 AM
As much as I’ve tried, I can’t decipher my name on any of the images available on the website.
Will just be my luck that it’s directly under the club badge or the Macron logo!!:rolleyes:

I am sure I read names are repeated so that there's no one in that scenario

CentreLine
05-08-2020, 10:05 AM

Fair point but our names appear at least twice on the strip so we’d be pretty unlucky if it was always under a badge every time 🥺

green day
05-08-2020, 10:10 AM
More importantly - what size?

I would ordinarily be large in t-shirts etc, 42 chest and 6 foot 1 - but I understand the Macron kit is a bit smaller.

Anyone got exp of purchasing and sizing?

overdrive
05-08-2020, 10:49 AM
More importantly - what size?

I would ordinarily be large in t-shirts etc, 42 chest and 6 foot 1 - but I understand the Macron kit is a bit smaller.

Anyone got exp of purchasing and sizing?

I got the home kit for the first time in years. I’m normally between a L and an XL in T-Shirts (though I have put on weight in lockdown).

I got the home top in XL. It is too small round the stomach but perfect everywhere else. I’d go XL if I was you (unless you have a totally flat stomach).

green day
05-08-2020, 10:54 AM
I got the home kit for the first time in years. I’m normally between a L and an XL in T-Shirts (though I have put on weight in lockdown).

I got the home top in XL. It is too small round the stomach but perfect everywhere else. I’d go XL if I was you (unless you have a totally flat stomach).

Ta, a friend said he went XL too - I assume their sizing is a bit like Italian cycling gear..............effing tiny !!

OfficialHSL
05-08-2020, 11:11 AM
Just a wee reminder that the third kit is available by pre-order only until Friday.

It won’t be available to buy in the shop so anyone looking to get the shirt needs to order online before Friday.

Not sure the club have plans to repeat the ‘names on the shirt’ initiative again in the near future so I’d hate to think of anyone who misses out because they intend to pick one up in the shop at Easter Road.

Daniel

Can we take this opportunity to emphasize the good point that you make. This strip may end up being a collectors piece. Third strips are never big sellers for any Club so from a commercial point of view their viability is always in the balance. Add to that the extra work involved in producing this with all the names enshrined in the design and this makes things even more difficult. So we think you may be right in suggesting that it could be a long time, if ever, this happens again. We too would urge all our Members who have their names on this Official Strip, to seize the moment and get their order in BEFORE FRIDAY.

BUY NOW OR FOREVER YOU WONT HOLD YOUR PIECE.

Hibernian Supporters

malcolm
05-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Daniel

Can we take this opportunity to emphasize the good point that you make. This strip may end up being a collectors piece. Third strips are never big sellers for any Club so from a commercial point of view their viability is always in the balance. Add to that the extra work involved in producing this with all the names enshrined in the design and this makes things even more difficult. So we think you may be right in suggesting that it could be a long time, if ever, this happens again. We too would urge all our Members who have their names on this Official Strip, to seize the moment and get their order in BEFORE FRIDAY.

BUY NOW OR FOREVER YOU WONT HOLD YOUR PIECE.

Hibernian Supporters

For the shirt collectors the chance also to be legend in their own lunchtime and still fit in the shirt? :greengrin

banchoryhibs
05-08-2020, 09:15 PM
2 more ordered now - I'd hate to miss out on this chance.
GGTTH

CentreLine
05-08-2020, 09:59 PM
And a a XXXL ordered for me. I’m keen to see the bits with my name on stretched out 😀

hibby6270
05-08-2020, 10:04 PM
I am sure I read names are repeated so that there's no one in that scenario

Fair point but our names appear at least twice on the strip so we’d be pretty unlucky if it was always under a badge every time 🥺

:thumbsup: Here's hoping. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
06-08-2020, 06:57 AM
Can anyone confirm the exact deadline for preorders?

The shop website says Friday 6th Aug – but today (Thursday) is the 6th. The HSL post above says order 'before Friday'.

I've ordered mine but don't want anyone to miss out because of a date mix-up.

Daniel 1875
06-08-2020, 07:11 AM
Can anyone confirm the exact deadline for preorders?

The shop website says Friday 6th Aug – but today (Thursday) is the 6th. The HSL post above says order 'before Friday'.

I've ordered mine but don't want anyone to miss out because of a date mix-up.

The shirt will be available to buy until midnight tonight.

Ringothedog
06-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Where are the names that are on the sleeves of the long sleeved version being fitted on the short sleeved version 🤷🏻😁

Daniel 1875
06-08-2020, 07:30 AM
Where are the names that are on the sleeves of the long sleeved version being fitted on the short sleeved version 🤷🏻😁

Names will appear at least twice on the short sleeved version I believe. Long sleeved version will continue the repeated pattern so some names will appear again on the long sleever.

oneone73
06-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Just ordered mine. At 63 years old, it will be my first replica strip in 25 years+. Nice marketing HSL!

oneone73
06-08-2020, 08:19 AM
The shirt will be available to buy until the end of the day on Friday 7th. The website date is incorrect in that it says Friday 6th instead of Friday 7th. Exactly what time it will go offline on Friday (5pm/midnight) I’m unsure but will try and find out.

Hibs just tweeted you only have until midnight tonight?

Daniel 1875
06-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Hibs just tweeted you only have until midnight tonight?

Yeah looks like it's available until midnight tonight (https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1291286132341317632?s=20) - they're the guys in charge of the club shop so midnight tonight it is.

IanM
06-08-2020, 11:45 AM
I’m trying to order the home kit but not available online?

Daniel 1875
06-08-2020, 12:06 PM
I’m trying to order the home kit but not available online?

It’s temporarily off sale while the club store sort through the first pre order I think. Should be available to pre-order again the coming weeks.

Ronniekirk
06-08-2020, 01:21 PM
Yeah looks like it's available until midnight tonight (https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1291286132341317632?s=20) - they're the guys in charge of the club shop so midnight tonight it is.

Think it should be extended I want to buy it but want to try on my home kit first Dispatched last Friday but hasn’t arrived yet
Reluctant to buy another one given delays with home one

04Sauzee
06-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Dundee Utd launch new away kit

Andy74
06-08-2020, 03:12 PM

Bit too much going on there.

Jones28
06-08-2020, 03:16 PM

Yikes

On the plus side for ourselves/united/Motherwell it looks like all the kits are unique, not templates.

matty_f
06-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Was glad of the reminders, just got on to order mine just now - would have been gutted if I'd left it too late.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Was glad of the reminders, just got on to order mine just now - would have been gutted if I'd left it too late.

I’ll never wear mine, it’s just a collectors item

Ronniekirk
06-08-2020, 03:42 PM

Same fir me Will wear the home one if it ever gets here Snail Mail

madhibby
06-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Just ordered the M top - better fit ok and be worth it!

HH81
06-08-2020, 03:56 PM

My thoughts too.

Daniel 1875
06-08-2020, 09:53 PM
The club have agreed to extend the sales window by 24 hours. The shirt is available until midnight on Friday.

1875STEVE
07-08-2020, 12:10 AM

Me too, but ive bought two, long and short sleeve.

Scott Allan Key
07-08-2020, 12:22 AM
The club have agreed to extend the sales window by 24 hours. The shirt is available until midnight on Friday.Phew! I'm terrible with missing emails and not great with tracking my money either. Just ordered a long sleeve 2XL as a collectors item.

Wasn't aware I was a fully paid up member of HSL as I paid a minimal amount by DD and forgot about it. Just checked the list of names from June 12th email and discovered to my surprise that my name is on the strip. If Hibs hasn't extended the order date I would have missed out. Delighted I got on board in time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Daniel 1875
07-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Last call for the third kit. Available until midnight online only - it won’t be available in the club shop.

ACLeith
07-08-2020, 08:37 PM

Same for me. If I’m able in a few years to still kick a ball about in the park with my young grandkids and they admire my skills (😀) and ask me “grandad, did you play for the Hibs?” I can show them the strip and say “of course how else would my name be on the strip?”

Billy Whizz
07-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Same for me. If I’m able in a few years to still kick a ball about in the park with my young grandkids and they admire my skills (😀) and ask me “grandad, did you play for the Hibs?” I can show them the strip and say “of course how else would my name be on the strip?”

Ha ha, I like that

mutley
11-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Not that the final deadline has come and gone, is there any indication on how many we sold?