PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Hibs3-2
16-07-2020, 08:23 PM
Has he featured in any of our 2 games?

Paisley Hibby
16-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Aw ☹️ I clicked on that hoping to read he was away.

Jim44
16-07-2020, 09:11 PM
Has he featured in any of our 2 games?

From what I’ve heard, not if Jack Ross has a say in the matter. By all accounts, no love lost between them. Mind you, employment law might require that he gets a kick of the ball now and again. :greengrin

Jones28
16-07-2020, 09:12 PM
From what I’ve heard, not if Jack Ross has a say in the matter. By all accounts, no love lost between them. Mind you, employment law might require that he gets a kick of the ball now and again. :greengrin

Aye. On the training pitch. Ideally on his own

Since452
16-07-2020, 09:26 PM

Same. Gutted.

EK-HIBEE
16-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Same. Gutted.

Please start the next post with more clarity: ‘Judas **** Kamberi sold to.....

lyonhibs
16-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Was rather hoping the rest of the thread title could have been "reported to have fallen down a well"

Ah well, hope springs eternal etc

bingo70
16-07-2020, 10:50 PM
Am I the only one that’s no really that bothered by what Kamberi said?

It was clearly a big move for him and for a foreigner with no ties to Hibs I can quite believe he was desperate to join Rangers the first time he played there.

Of course he shouldn’t have said what he did but I don’t see it as that big a deal, he was just trying to make an impression with his new supporters.

He clearly needs to be moved on now but I don’t have anywhere near the same animosity to him as what seems like every other Hibs fan does.

hibs4life
16-07-2020, 11:05 PM

It was clearly a big move for him and for a foreigner with no ties to Hibs I can quite believe he was desperate to join Rangers the first time he played there.

Of course he shouldn’t have said what he did but I don’t see it as that big a deal, he was just trying to make an impression with his new supporters.

He clearly needs to be moved on now but I don’t have anywhere near the same animosity to him as what seems like every other Hibs fan does.

You might well be!
For me it showed him up as being oblivious to anything but his own well-being and interest. For all that he has talent and has had some good moments in a Hibs shirt, he always seemed to me be a selfish player and not really committed to a team ethos.
He just needs to go ASAP and hopefully we recoup some decent cash for him.

SMAXXA
16-07-2020, 11:12 PM
So I take it the answer the OP is looking for is no

ozhibs
16-07-2020, 11:55 PM

Me too 😀

GGTTH:flag:

franck sauzee
17-07-2020, 12:02 AM
Don't think I've ever hated a current player as much as Kamberi. I know that some people were not happy with Caldwell at the time and a few others that ran contracts down but they for me never did anything wrong. Just can't stand Kamberi. Hopefully he'll be away soon

MacGruber
17-07-2020, 12:26 AM

I'm pretty much the same. Don't like what he said, was disappointing to hear from current player and hurts as a Hibs fan. I never felt it made him the anti christ. He is a foreign guy who probably never knew much more about Scottish football other than Rangers and Celtic. Either way Rangers are a bigger club than Hibs. Bigger yes, better no. He said it out loud and that was his mistake and now the relationship with the fans is irreparably broken. Most in that position think the same they just don't say it out loud out of respect for their current club. Not that the debate matters - he is for the off.

It has been forgotten that whilst he has made an arse of himself with this he did do Hibs a turn initially and by all accounts turned down bigger wages to come back to us.

He gave us some excellent displays, goals and will probably leave us for a bit of coin. It's not all bad

heretoday
17-07-2020, 03:33 AM
He should not have said what he did but I bear him no ill will. He just a footballer and they're all thick as planks anyway. He's a pretty good player and could do well in the English lower leagues.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2020, 05:01 AM

He said what he did whilst still contracted to Hibs. If he had said it upon signing a permanent contract with them then that would have been bad enough but at least you could have said that he owes us nothing, has no ties to the club anymore and therefore he can say what he likes.

Saying what he did whilst knowing he was only on loan and still had to come back to us in a few months was utter madness. He must be thick as mince, either that or he must know he's away.

I don't hate him because I'm not 10 years old and getting upset at the thought of a footballer saying how much they love a rival club but I also have no wish to see him play for us again.

AZhibee
17-07-2020, 05:56 AM
Was rather hoping the rest of the thread title could have been "reported to have fallen down a well"

Ah well, hope springs eternal etc

That was Mackay-Steven.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2020, 06:05 AM
From what I’ve heard, not if Jack Ross has a say in the matter. By all accounts, no love lost between them. Mind you, employment law might require that he gets a kick in the balls now and again. :greengrin

:agree:

Sammy7nil
17-07-2020, 06:16 AM
Don't think I've ever hated a current player as much as Kamberi. I know that some people were not happy with Caldwell at the time and a few others that ran contracts down but they for me never did anything wrong. Just can't stand Kamberi. Hopefully he'll be away soon

Seems a wee bit OTT hate is a strong word. Caldwell Thomson Murray Riordan in fact lots of Hibs players have moved on to the OF without a second thought for Hibs.

hibeejeebies
17-07-2020, 06:28 AM

Good post. Keen to see him move on for his infuriatingly inconsistent performances and reputed high wages as much as anything else.

Greenio
17-07-2020, 06:40 AM
Have wanted rid of him ever since he went behind the clubs back and starting moaning to the press about not getting the game time he needed to advance his international career.

Folk were too busy hating on PH at the time to recognise how much of a bell end he was being.

But aye, no time for him at all.

Be gone (for 200k please)

HFCdeb
17-07-2020, 06:45 AM
He said what he did whilst still contracted to Hibs. If he had said it upon signing a permanent contract with them then that would have been bad enough but at least you could have said that he owes us nothing, has no ties to the club anymore and therefore he can say what he likes.

Saying what he did whilst knowing he was only on loan and still had to come back to us in a few months was utter madness. He must be thick as mince, either that or he must know he's away.

I don't hate him because I'm not 10 years old and getting upset at the thought of a footballer saying how much they love a rival club but I also have no wish to see him play for us again.

Same here. Very forgettable footballing performance from him last season which is more unforgivable than his stupid comments. One of our highest earners turning in anonymous performances every week is the bigger reason to get him punted than his stupid comments sucking up to der hun.

O'Rourke3
17-07-2020, 06:55 AM
Same here. Very forgettable footballing performance from him last season which is more unforgivable than his stupid comments. One of our highest earners turning in anonymous performances every week is the bigger reason to get him punted than his stupid comments sucking up to der hun.I'd say his performances generally were far from fogetable or anonymous. He'd generally trap the ball 30 yds, flicks and turns without the ball and generally fail to hit a team mate with a pass and then point and remonstrate it was his colleagues fault. He was a huge disappoitment.
That said if he does play again Im happy to support him. He's wearing our shirt and we should recognise that. I'm always suprised at the level of abuse someplayers get, received in the 50 years I've supported Hibs. Big number of fans (on here)kicking off when Scott Allan was rumoured to be coming back. Not sure the fans kept their word on that one or are just waiting for him to leave to put the boot back in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

SChibs
17-07-2020, 07:15 AM

This is also my opinion. Kamberi is irrelevant and I'm not bothered if he stays or goes. Players often say things they regret in interviews with a new club. If he was to end up staying I'd rather he stayed and banged in goals rather than be out of every matchday squad.

Bangkok Hibby
17-07-2020, 07:31 AM
I'm ambivalent towards Kamberi. I wasn't a massive fan of Lennon and felt a bit sorry for Kamberi during that debacle but started to think "no son you're just a spoiled wee twat" His later comments were ill advised but he's got no emotional connection to Hibs so I'm happy to accept he's just a little immature. Having said all that it's definitely best he's away. Good luck to him wherever he goes but he'll need to man up sharpish.

Greenbeard
17-07-2020, 07:44 AM
Leave a rotten apple in the barrel and the rot spreads. Needs got rid of pronto.

Lendo
17-07-2020, 07:59 AM
If he does stay and starts banging them in, will all be forgiven? More than likely as we are a fickle lot.

Hibee Mac
17-07-2020, 08:30 AM
If he does stay and starts banging them in, will all be forgiven? More than likely as we are a fickle lot.Chances of him even getting any game time are slim to none, let alone start banging them in!

Dodge and Nisbet will be ahead in the pecking order and I'd like to think Ross will continue to give Gullan a chance to develop too.

Itsnoteasy
17-07-2020, 08:38 AM
He should not have said what he did but I bear him no ill will. He just a footballer and they're all thick as planks anyway. He's a pretty good player and could do well in the English lower leagues.

Apart from Graham Le Saux

Jim44
17-07-2020, 08:49 AM
I agree that Kamberi will probably not feature in any games but this, rightly or wrongly, could certainly pull down the price we might ask for him. If this is the case, I can see Rangers coming along and snapping him up for peanuts, which might have been their ploy all along. We should hold out for a decent price, as, while you might have a decent car in the garage that you don’t like and never use, it will still be of great value to someone else and will still hold it’s market value.

tamig
17-07-2020, 08:57 AM
Seems a wee bit OTT hate is a strong word. Caldwell Thomson Murray Riordan in fact lots of Hibs players have moved on to the OF without a second thought for Hibs.

I’m sure a couple of the guys there left lasting legacies by donating cash to the youth set up as part of their moves. So they definitely had thoughts of Hibs.

nonshinyfinish
17-07-2020, 09:20 AM

My main reaction to it was how weird and stupid it was to say what he did when it was only a loan move.

I understand why people were angry about it but I was surprised by the strength of feeling – folk saying he's their most hated player etc.

Just sell him, hopefully cover most or all of the Nisbet fee, and everyone is better off.

Bishop Hibee
17-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Scored some great goals for us and when in the mood, he’s a great striker. Unfortunately his attitude stank at times and his obvious desire to move on after being criticised by Lennon leaves a sour taste.

Baader
17-07-2020, 09:33 AM
His Hun loving comments aside simply doesn't score enough goals. His record now as a striker is pretty poor. Would hope he is moved on.

Bristolhibby
17-07-2020, 09:48 AM

The Thompson one was bad, agents whispering in ears. Sad thing was if he stayed he’d have likely lifted the League Cup with Hibs, the team he supports. All the others it was kinda their time. Add Scott Brown to that. But the class of him giving his fee to the Hibs development team marks him well above the rest.

J

Stokesy's on fire
17-07-2020, 09:48 AM
His Hun loving comments aside simply doesn't score enough goals. His record now as a striker is pretty poor. Would hope he is moved on.

Totally agree.

His attitude stinks

Sean1875
17-07-2020, 10:27 AM
Agreed, surely Mallan hasn't scored many goals fewer than him by now.