PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAT QUINN (1936-2020)

RSS Bot
14-07-2020, 11:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10674)

brog
14-07-2020, 01:51 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10674)

Nice tribute but I really don't remember Pat as being left footed?

CMurdoch
14-07-2020, 04:39 PM
Well written tribute by another Easter Road stalwart Tom Wright.

Lago
14-07-2020, 06:55 PM
What Hibs were capable of in those days, wonderful.

BILLYHIBS
14-07-2020, 09:40 PM
I can still picture the middle centre spread of the old Programme the outline of a football pitch with the names :

Wilson, Duncan, Davis, Stanton, Madsen and McGraw Scott, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson all placed in their positions on the pitch A quick glance to make sure all my heroes were present and correct Programme safely in the pocket and a brisk walk towards the lights of the Stadium

Thanks for the memories Pat

green.oracle
14-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Nice tribute but I really don't remember Pat as being left footed?

I'm with you here Brog, My recollection was he was predominantly right footed. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ancient hibee
14-07-2020, 10:10 PM
Me too.

Saturday Boy
14-07-2020, 10:11 PM
I can still picture the middle centre spread of the old Programme the outline of a football pitch with the names :

Wilson, Duncan, Davis, Stanton, Madsen and McGraw Scott, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson all placed in their positions on the pitch A quick glance to make sure all my heroes were present and correct Programme safely in the pocket and a brisk walk towards the lights of the Stadium

Thanks for the memories Pat

That was the first team line up I memorised as a kid at primary school. I still haven’t worked out it was over 50 years ago 🤔

oneone73
14-07-2020, 10:17 PM
That was the first team line up I memorised as a kid at primary school. I still haven’t worked out it was over 50 years ago 🤔

Mine too. My sister, five years older than me, can still recite it, thanks to my insistence on her learning it, 50-odd years ago, despite her having no interest whatsoever in football. She probably thinks that's still the Hibs team. It will be like the cast of a classic movie for her.

CentreLine
15-07-2020, 02:38 AM

Yep, same here. That team just ran off the tongue. Just like the Tornadoes would a few short years later. We were very lucky, despite missing out on the Famous Five or Joe Baker first time around.