PDA

View Full Version : Why do we always have a stacked midfield?

Tambo
13-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Was going through some options and we have so many systems we could use, this is going on last season and what we could expect from gogic and also other players I have not even named. Do we need Docherty?

If we are going we a 3-5-2

Boyle Gogic Allan Newell Horgan/Wright

If we are going with 4 across the midfield

Boyle Gogic Newell Horgan/Wright (just cant see allan as a centre midfielder but maybe Gogic could help)

The diamond

Gogic

Boyle Newell
Allan

And the famous 3 in the middle

Mallan Gogic Allan

Bronson
13-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Midfield is where the game is won and lost, when you consider we lost slivka, omeonga and whittaker we’re lighter in there now than we were last season.

Re Docherty - he’s a different type to what we have, more a box-to-box all-action mcginn type. Hard to come by a player like that so if we can sign him we should. Do we NEED him? Not really.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Midfield is where the game is won and lost, when you consider we lost slivka, omeonga and whittaker we’re lighter in there now than we were last season.

Re Docherty - he’s a different type to what we have, more a box-to-box all-action mcginn type. Hard to come by a player like that so if we can sign him we should. Do we NEED him? Not really.

We had Mallan and Newall out long term last season and have added Gogic so I don’t think we’re in a worse position IMO. In fact I think we’re in a good place in midfield, certainly should have enough quality to see us through this season.

Brightside
13-07-2020, 03:24 PM
We need Docherty. He's better than the others mentioned. He has the skill, work rate, and a little bit of grit about him. We dont have another who has all 3.

Nicho87
13-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Newell will be central under Ross now - don’t think unless required will he play on the wing.

Looks more comfortable in the middle

jacomo
13-07-2020, 03:37 PM
Classic Hibs. Will concede goals and sometimes not even score that many, but it is a prerequisite that we knock it about nicely in midfield.

Sammy7nil
13-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Classic Hibs. Will concede goals and sometimes not even score that many, but it is a prerequisite that we knock it about nicely in midfield.

You can watch hoofball for a season or two IF you are winning but long term on need to be playing football.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2020, 03:42 PM
Newell will be central under Ross now - don’t think unless required will he play on the wing.

Looks more comfortable in the middle

Wouldn’t rule out the left wing back position if we play a back three.

He only played it for a game and a half in February, before he got injured, but played it very well.

Nicho87
13-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Wouldn’t rule out the left wing back position if we play a back three.

He only played it for a game and a half in February, before he got injured, but played it very well.

Totally agree but going by basis off wright signing Ross made reference to being light in wide areas and only quoted Boyle and Horgan as only other options.

Eyrie
13-07-2020, 06:11 PM
Totally agree but going by basis off wright signing Ross made reference to being light in wide areas and only quoted Boyle and Horgan as only other options.

I noted that he didn't mention Mackie despite posters on here saying that he's an excellent crosser.

Probably no more than Ross sees Mackie as a LB rather than on the left of midfield or as a wing back.

hibbysam
13-07-2020, 06:32 PM
I noted that he didn't mention Mackie despite posters on here saying that he's an excellent crosser.

Probably no more than Ross sees Mackie as a LB rather than on the left of midfield or as a wing back.

I’d imagine Sean will miss the first few months of the season continuing his rehab from ankle surgery. Injury came at the completely wrong time for him, so Ross will have seen very little of him so far.

Eyrie
13-07-2020, 06:43 PM
I’d imagine Sean will miss the first few months of the season continuing his rehab from ankle surgery. Injury came at the completely wrong time for him, so Ross will have seen very little of him so far.

Thanks - didn't know he was still injured.

Tambo
14-07-2020, 03:50 AM
Don't get me wrong its always nice to have options, was just getting at if we are still looking for Docherty then surely we would be looking at trying to offload at least Hallberg.

Steve20
14-07-2020, 05:57 AM
Docherty would be our best midfielder by a mile. Should always be looking to improve on the team you have and that's what we should do, if the chance to sign him comes up.