13-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Pat sadly died aged 84. Great player, thanks for the memories

mim
13-07-2020, 10:57 AM
R.I.P. Pat

Great player.

Tom Hart RIP
13-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Hat trick at Tynecastle and a goal against Naples.
Sad news.

iwasthere1972
13-07-2020, 11:00 AM
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

Loved singing this. RIP Pat. Thanks for all the great memories you gave us. :not worth

inglisavhibs
13-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Hat trick at Tynecastle and a goal against Naples.
Sad news.
Remember fondly singing the mighty Quinn song on the excursion buses from St Andrew square.🤒Talented player RIP.

Bobo
13-07-2020, 11:08 AM
He was the first player to officially be used as a substitute for Hibs.

RIP Pat.

CentreLine
13-07-2020, 11:12 AM
He was the first player to officially be used as a substitute for Hibs.

RIP Pat.

Really sad to hear, he was one of the first team I ever watched at ER. The up side to threads like this is they offer such good historic facts. I didn't realise that about Pat Quinn, first sub I witnessed was Allan Cousins and foolishly thought he was it until now

Roxyhibee
13-07-2020, 11:16 AM
One of the first names (along with a few others like Neil Martin and Peter Cormack) I put into hero status when I got taken along to ER as a young boy. And that song was memorable too.

I had a Pat Quinn rosette - his face and a silver foil cup below it. Wish I’d kept these things. Great player and famous Hibee 🇳🇬

O'Rourke3
13-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Sad news. Never had the good fortune or pleasure of seeing him play for us. RIP Pat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

gbhibby
13-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Loved singing this. RIP Pat. Thanks for all the great memories you gave us. :not worth
RIP Pat sang the song many times.

leith lynx
13-07-2020, 11:20 AM
Rest in peace Pat, one of my first boyhood heroes, a great number 8.

ronaldo7
13-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Sad news. I absolutely loved watching Pat. An old fashioned inside forward, linking play, and scoring against the hearts.

An absolute gem.

Rip Patrick. The mighty Quinn.

Power
13-07-2020, 11:22 AM
‪His memory will march on 💚‬

RIP Pat.

https://youtu.be/K13hH0pJx5s

‪Come all without‬
‪Come all within‬
‪You’ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

maturehibby
13-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Class

Seveno
13-07-2020, 11:51 AM
An early hero of mine. A wonderful player that was able to control the match from the centre circle.

RIP Pat.

oneone73
13-07-2020, 11:53 AM
A fine player, fondly remembered. RIP Pat

ozhibs
13-07-2020, 11:58 AM
RIP Pat Quinn a midfield general

Come on without, come on within , you won’t see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

Bobo
13-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Really sad to hear, he was one of the first team I ever watched at ER. The up side to threads like this is they offer such good historic facts. I didn't realise that about Pat Quinn, first sub I witnessed was Allan Cousins and foolishly thought he was it until now

The game was on 12th Nov 1966 Vrs Clyde in a 5-1 defeat.

wandering_hibee
13-07-2020, 12:06 PM
As others have said one of my early hero's, up their with Neil Martin, Peter Cormack and Joe Davis.

madsen5
13-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Quality player, so skillfull . R.i.p .

The Harp
13-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Sad to hear of Pat's passing. A great and very skillful wee player. Particularly remember his masterclass in that game at T/castle and singing along to The Mighty Quinn.
Thanks for the memories Pat.
Rest in Peace.

my left peg
13-07-2020, 12:29 PM
RIP Pat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
13-07-2020, 01:36 PM
So sad to hear of this. Pat was a great wee player. RIP wee man

JohnMcM
13-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the memories Pat. Have happy memories of seeing you play for us. Condolences to the family.

brog
13-07-2020, 02:16 PM
I've told this story before but worth retelling in the circumstances. Pat's hat trick at Tiny was first time he had scored in 2 years. We waited for him outside & my mate asked him if it was his 1st hat trick. Son, I'm seek of scoring them he replied! 😀 A fine player & very popular with his teammates. Thanks for the memories Pat.

Golden Bear
13-07-2020, 03:17 PM
Pat Quinn and Willie Hamilton --------------------- now these guys really were FOOTBALL players.

RIP Pat and thanks for the memories.

:not worth

A Hi-Bee
13-07-2020, 03:55 PM
We did have some very fine players around the time of Jock Stein then Bob Shankley, Pat was in there wi the best, many forget that he was a star man in a very good Motherwell side that had Ian St John at centre and Willie Hunter alongside Pat Quinn. Before he went down to Blackpool for what was a big transfer in them days.
His 3 goals at the piggery were sublime, how he could pass a ball, great vision as well, great day marching back towards Princess St, singing the Mighty Quinn,

Condolences to his family.

:flag::flag::flag:

heretoday
13-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Clever little player.

ALF TUPPER
13-07-2020, 05:20 PM
Pat lived in Govanhill, Glasgow for many years. Genuinely lovely guy. Had the pleasure of meeting him many times. He had a lot of time for me because of the Hibs connection. Sat n chatted about the Hibees for hours.
He loved everything about the club and the supporters.
Sad to hear he has passed.
RIP Pat.

ancient hibee
13-07-2020, 05:28 PM
When he played we sometimes put out a team that seemed full of players that could play inside forward- Quinn,Hamilton,Cormack,Stevenson,Martin,Scott-the football could be sensational.When he became a manager his teams couldn’t have been more different and of course he was East Fife’s manager the day the dream died.

Fanforlife
13-07-2020, 05:33 PM
R.I.P Pat ( The Mighty) Quinn. 😞💚.

MGmick
13-07-2020, 05:49 PM
Very sad, RIP Pat. Scored 2 against Dundee Utd in my first "big team" game. Colin Stein got the other in a 3-0 win.

CentreLine
13-07-2020, 05:56 PM
The game was on 12th Nov 1966 Vrs Clyde in a 5-1 defeat.

Remember that season, 66/7 being the first when subs were allowed. Was only seven so my memory is not remotely perfect but still have happy memories of those days of rosettes, tammies and scarves and planting ourselves at the centre-line down at the trackside. Appreciate the historical fact. And really sorry to see another of those seemingly giant players passed on.

monarch
13-07-2020, 06:34 PM
If memory serves me correctly I’m sure he had a spell as assistant manager with Hibs when Bertie Auld was manager. Ironically not a period of scintillating football when you consider how skilful both these guys were in their playing days. A great player nevertheless.

Onion
13-07-2020, 09:22 PM
So sorry to hear of his passing. One of the players that made me proud to be a Hibs fan in my early years.

Come on without, Come on within

Fergos
13-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Before my time but you can tell PQ was quite a player.

Hat trick at tinycastle? That will do on its own.

RIP.

ferry hibby
13-07-2020, 11:21 PM
The mighty Quinn was one of my first heroes when I was taken as young boy to games

JimBHibees
13-07-2020, 11:47 PM

RIP.

Absolutely. RIP Pat.

BILLYHIBS
14-07-2020, 06:58 AM
The perfect foil for Neil Martin

“ You’ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn”

RIP

brog
14-07-2020, 08:39 AM

RIP.

His 3rd goal, was, in the modern parlance, a worldy!. 3.-1 up & time running out, Eric Stevenson was taking the p**s. He was out on the right wing attacking the school end & he kept doing stepovers, pull backs etc. He had about 3 Hearts players snapping at his heels. He put his foot under the ball & tried to lob it to Pat. A hearts player got his head to it & it came back to Eric. He adjusted his sights & lobbed it a foot higher. Pat met it on the corner of the box on the full & it tore into the opposite rigging just under the bar. A truly wonderful goal from a great character.

ancient hibee
14-07-2020, 10:16 AM
His 3rd goal, was, in the modern parlance, a worldy!. 3.-1 up & time running out, Eric Stevenson was taking the p**s. He was out on the right wing attacking the school end & he kept doing stepovers, pull backs etc. He had about 3 Hearts players snapping at his heels. He put his foot under the ball & tried to lob it to Pat. A hearts player got his head to it & it came back to Eric. He adjusted his sights & lobbed it a foot higher. Pat met it on the corner of the box on the full & it tore into the opposite rigging just under the bar. A truly wonderful goal from a great character.

Exactly right.I was in the enclosure behind Pat and you could see as the ball left his foot just where it would end up.He was a hard wee devil.He got sent off at Easter Road along with,I think,Willie McLean(or Jim)when they had a boxing match-super flyweight.After that dreadful day against East Fife he was asked for a comment”what’s the matter the goodies won at the end”!

Mick O'Rourke
14-07-2020, 11:03 AM
A wonderful memory posted by Brog on that Tynie game.
Eric the Rebel "teasing" the Hertz defence.Something he did regularly .

Pat, older fans will recall, was also part of one of Motherwell's finest forward lines.

An inside trio of Quinn Ian St John and Willie Hunter
(Willie would also come to ER)

Strangely enough i was chatting to Jimmy O at the weekend.
Speaking about Hibs tour of the USA and the good sides we had under Bob Shankly.

Hibs during Shankly's time played some fine football and Pat was integral to that.
This period was a time we qualified for Europe a few times.
History is history and what might have been.
Had Bob been allowed to develop the team rather than Hibs selling our best players we might not be talking Turnbull's Tornadoes"
Bob left because of this.

Pat was very much a General in what our team achieved during his years at The Holy Ground

Along with Eric Stevenson, Pat was my favourite player of that era

Manfred Mann had the number one chart hit "The Mighty Quinn"
Could very well have been written for Pat.
Pat would be a revelation in the current Hibernian team.

Condolences to his family

Rest in Peace The Mighty Quinn

Thanks for the memories

Fergos
14-07-2020, 11:28 AM

Great recall and memories Brog, cheers.

Wonder if any footage exists?

GGTTH

Fergos
14-07-2020, 11:29 AM
Exactly right.I was in the enclosure behind Pat and you could see as the ball left his foot just where it would end up.He was a hard wee devil.He got sent off at Easter Road along with,I think,Willie McLean(or Jim)when they had a boxing match-super flyweight.After that dreadful day against East Fife he was asked for a comment”what’s the matter the goodies won at the end”!

Class quote that! Cheers AH.

GGTTH

Biggie
14-07-2020, 11:42 AM

RIP.

This....couldn't have worded it better, he lived the dream.
(Has anyone else scored a hat-trick at Tynie ?)

hughio
14-07-2020, 11:51 AM
My (fading) memory is of a very compact, tidy, elegant player who linked that 60's team well and could thread a pass through to our strikers.

RIP.

EI255
14-07-2020, 11:54 AM
RIP Pat

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

brog
14-07-2020, 12:54 PM
This....couldn't have worded it better, he lived the dream.
(Has anyone else scored a hat-trick at Tynie ?)

The great Joe scored 4 when he was 17 against the champions elect!

brog
14-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Great recall and memories Brog, cheers.

Wonder if any footage exists?

GGTTH

I'm sure game was on highlights but can't recall seeing it after that time. Strangely I remember Pat's 2nd well also, I think it was a Peter Cormack shot pushed out & Pat slid rebound home but i have no memory of the other 2 goals.

lapsedhibee
15-07-2020, 08:08 AM
I've told this story before but worth retelling in the circumstances. Pat's hat trick at Tiny was first time he had scored in 2 years. We waited for him outside & my mate asked him if it was his 1st hat trick. Son, I'm seek of scoring them he replied!

Never thought of him as a goalscorer but he had a great record for the Mothers, averaging almost a goal every two games.

Bostonhibby
15-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Just read a wee bit about him, great player for the club.

RIP The Mighty Quinn.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Flanny boy
15-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Quick question guys who are the two players standing on the left hand side of Pat Quinn in the photo on the club website,cheers.GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Quick question guys who are the two players standing on the left hand side of Pat Quinn in the photo on the club website,cheers.GGTTH

His left, or ours?

Joe Davis is immediately to his left, and I think John Baxter.

To our left, Willie Hamilton (looking a lot like STF, I have to say :greengrin)..... and...:confused:

brog
15-07-2020, 04:57 PM
His left, or ours?

Joe Davis is immediately to his left, and I think John Baxter.

To our left, Willie Hamilton (looking a lot like STF, I have to say :greengrin)..... and...:confused:

John Parke?

ancient hibee
15-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Take 5 like that back anytime.

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2020, 07:01 PM
John Parke?

That's the felly 👍

Flanny boy
15-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Thanks very much for that ,much appreciated friends,cheers

Tom Hart RIP
16-07-2020, 04:34 PM
It was Pat that set up Willie Hamilton for his wonder goal at Tynecastle on New Year’s Day 1965.
Willie took a quick free kick in left wing. Slid the ball to Pat who held it then split the Hearts defence for Willie to run on to.

where'stheslope
17-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Remember back in the day of Hibs and Hearts fans going with each others ground on match day, Pat was loved by both sets of fans for his skill on the ball!
Saying that, he was hated when he played against Hearts, as he always seemed to pull out a trick or two, especially against them!!!
RIP Pat.