PDA

View Full Version : Scottish based signings

biotech
12-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Latest signing are all Scottish based . Hopefully a deliberate move by Jack to avoid having to let players settle-in, adjust to the pace of the Scottish game etc. Previous seasons have seen new signings struggling initially and not “hitting the ground running “.

ABZHFC
12-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Agreed, and Nisbet on a 4-year deal smacks of a John McGinn style signing, very pleased with it

Peevemor
12-07-2020, 10:12 AM
A few weeks there was an interview with someone from the club (JR I think) who said that this transfer window would be different as we'd be concentrating on the local market. Maybe something to do with the leagues in different countries being out of phase?

Ozyhibby
12-07-2020, 10:28 AM
A few weeks there was an interview with someone from the club (JR I think) who said that this transfer window would be different as we'd be concentrating on the local market. Maybe something to do with the leagues in different countries being out of phase?

Maybe a recognition that England is the most expensive market in the world for footballers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson
12-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Even at Sunderland Jack Ross was looking towards the Scottish market. I'm guessing he'd be comfortable in his knowledge of it. Perhaps we should be more surprised if players come in from further afield!

1van Sprou7e
12-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Maybe a recognition that England is the most expensive market in the world for footballers?

Was going to say this must be the main factor

EI255
12-07-2020, 05:28 PM
Agreed. No disrespect, but players who've came from the English leagues have traditionally always taken a long time to adjust to our league.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
12-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Which scottish based players can we still realisticly sign?

Jim44
12-07-2020, 06:20 PM
Greg Docherty, if Kamberi was willing to go on loan. But he wants a permanent move to his dream team and isn’t playing ball. Come the end of the window, he might be panicked into a loan swap or face the alternative of a season in a mutually unsatisfactory situation at ER. FWIW, I think that’s what will happen. I hope that we don’t let Kamberi go to Rangers for peanuts just to get rid of him. I think Gerrard rates Docherty but reading the comments on FF, the supporters don’t think he’s good enough for Ibrox.

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Agreed. No disrespect, but players who've came from the English leagues have traditionally always taken a long time to adjust to our league.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Some have. Some haven't. We've signed plenty from Scottish leagues who have taken time or just been hopeless.

Killen, Murphy, Marv, Fontaine, Gray, Rob Jones etc all had no problems.

Since452
12-07-2020, 06:34 PM
I think the sheer number of signings Hecky made from down south last summer didn't really help matters. Was a big transitional period for them settling in which is understandable. A year down the line though and they know what this league is all about. The three lads that have just arrived will compliment them well

Northernhibee
12-07-2020, 06:37 PM
I think the sheer number of signings Hecky made from down south last summer didn't really help matters. Was a big transitional period for them settling in which is understandable. A year down the line though and they know what this league is all about. The three lads that have just arrived will compliment them well
It wouldn't surprise me if Joe Newell was our player of the year this coming season. On form in the second half of the season past, he was fantastic.

TelaStella
12-07-2020, 06:46 PM

And the most overrated which has cost us most in recent years, last season probably the best example. Much comfier and happier doing our business closer to home. Know what we’re paying for while supporting an already very undervalued national game.

04Sauzee
12-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Stuart Findlay at Killie would be one I'd like to keep an eye on entering his last year of his contract.

RoscoHibby
12-07-2020, 09:29 PM
Very pleased with the signings we’ve made.

If being greedy though, would love for Ron to use his connections to get us a couple of South American’s nobody’s heard of, must be able to in our price range. Wee box of tricks Brazilian No. 10 and a kamikaze fullback would be do me nicely!

Ozyhibby
13-07-2020, 01:40 AM
Very pleased with the signings we’ve made.

If being greedy though, would love for Ron to use his connections to get us a couple of South American’s nobody’s heard of, must be able to in our price range. Wee box of tricks Brazilian No. 10 and a kamikaze fullback would be do me nicely!

Also too rich a market for us.

HairyMM
13-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Stuart Findlay at Killie would be one I'd like to keep an eye on entering his last year of his contract.

Stephen O'Donnell is a Scottish international, available without a transfer fee and will be a very good signing for someone

Lester B
13-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Even at Sunderland Jack Ross was looking towards the Scottish market. I'm guessing he'd be comfortable in his knowledge of it. Perhaps we should be more surprised if players come in from further afield!

True. Wasn’t that long ago that people on here were complaining bitterly when there was even a sniff of a rumour that Ross was interested in any Hibs player. Changed days.