PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC - Edinburgh's Premier Club

PatHead
10-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Today's signings surely demonstrate that Hibs are now stretching the gap between ourselves and our lower league fellow Edinburgh clubs.

Nisbet has turned down the opportunity to play for a club who are in free fall. Relegated, blaming everyone but themselves for the mess they are in. Relying on a manager they chased out the door and a bunch of underperforming mercenaries who could not raise their game for the relegation decider. Fans voting with their feet by not taking up season tickets for the lower league. An owner who has managed to ostracise herself from just about every other club. The only positive being Harry Potter's departure. Still rudderless with no director of football.

I feel for Edinburgh City who missed out on a play off place due to reconstruction. They obviously model themselves on Hibs with the ex-Hibs coach as manager and ex-players who didn't quite make the grade with us.

A good chance they might get promotion next season. If Hearts get of to a bad start in the shortened season they are in such disarray they might have derbies with their northern city neighbours in league 1 in a couple of seasons.

Meanwhile at Edinburgh's only premiership club - new signings with more to follow, 10,500 season tickets, record membership of HSL, record strip sales with a logo which drew attention and praise across the UK. The hurt of being denied a European place due to the season being curtailed to drive us on.

Bring on the new season. Just wish I could be there to see it start in a couple of weeks.

.Sean.
10-07-2020, 10:08 AM
No according to the latest hatchet job from the rag that is the Sun :rolleyes:

Since90+2
10-07-2020, 10:11 AM
How many have the wee team in Gorgie sold? About 7000?

PatHead
10-07-2020, 10:14 AM
No according to the latest hatchet job from the rag that is the Sun :rolleyes:

To paraphrase Dominic Malonga- I don't care about zee sun.

Onion
10-07-2020, 10:15 AM
Of course we are.

Hearts have become a bunch of shysters living off handouts. Pathetic and hideous.

PatHead
10-07-2020, 10:17 AM
How many have the wee team in Gorgie sold? About 7000?

Not sure but must be about half of what they used to claim they sold in their "another sell out" days.

Since452
10-07-2020, 10:19 AM
The propeller of the plane will be getting fired up for Robbie once Osman Sow and Sam Nicholson sign for them. Imagine having that hoofball boring ***** to look forward to

theonlywayisup
11-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Today's signings surely demonstrate that Hibs are now stretching the gap between ourselves and our lower league fellow Edinburgh clubs. Nisbet has turned down the opportunity to play for a club who are in free fall. Relegated, blaming everyone but themselves for the mess they are in. Relying on a manager they chased out the door and a bunch of underperforming mercenaries who could not raise their game for the relegation decider. Fans voting with their feet by not taking up season tickets for the lower league. An owner who has managed to ostracise herself from just about every other club. The only positive being Harry Potter's departure. Still rudderless with no director of football. I feel for Edinburgh City who missed out on a play off place due to reconstruction. They obviously model themselves on Hibs with the ex-Hibs coach as manager and ex-players who didn't quite make the grade with us.A good chance they might get promotion next season. If Hearts get of to a bad start in the shortened season they are in such disarray they might have derbies with their northern city neighbours in league 1 in a couple of seasons. Meanwhile at Edinburgh's only premiership club - new signings with more to follow, 10,500 season tickets, record membership of HSL, record strip sales with a logo which drew attention and praise across the UK. The hurt of being denied a European place due to the season being curtailed to drive us on.Bring on the new season. Just wish I could be there to see it start in a couple of weeks.

That's a pretty good summary. It reads well, if you are a Hibee.

In the words of James Brown, I feel good at the moment.

Whereas across the road, they've got Ann Budge. What an embarrassment that woman is! She's got the opposite of the Midas Touch.

Hakim Sar
11-07-2020, 07:54 AM
The hearts kit is the same colour as poop.