PDA

View Full Version : Ban on singing at football when crowds return?

G B Young
09-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Discussion on Radio Scotland earlier made mention of a return to places of worship being phased in as part of the latest easing of lockdown measures, but that singing would be banned. The pundit, whose name I didn't catch, suggested that this would be something that would need to be looked at when crowds return to football, rugby etc.

Mind you, it's not really going to be feasible to sing while wearing a mask (which I imagine crowds will be asked to wear, at least initially).

SteveHFC
09-07-2020, 02:00 PM
Discussion on Radio Scotland earlier made mention of a return to places of worship being phased in as part of the latest easing of lockdown measures, but that singing would be banned. The pundit, whose name I didn't catch, suggested that this would be something that would need to be looked at when crowds return to football, rugby etc.

Mind you, it's not really going to be feasible to sing while wearing a mask (which I imagine crowds will be asked to wear, at least initially).

Could see the crowds being like this if that happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWnqN8GJ4c

Peevemor
09-07-2020, 02:00 PM

You can talk and sing no problem with a mask on.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-07-2020, 02:01 PM

That'll suit Hearts

hibby rae
09-07-2020, 02:02 PM

Worth bearing in mind, one is outdoors, and probably spread out over a greater distance, whilst the other activity is indoors in a more confined space.

HoboHarry
09-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Could go back to the old fashioned rattles? Or even Vuvuzelas? With filters on the end obviously. :greengrin

davhibby
09-07-2020, 02:05 PM
They’d be better off not bothering if that was the case. Totally unenforceable and defeats the purpose of anyone being there. Thankfully BBC haven’t exactly been on the ball recently with their comments about football so I don’t see it happening

Keith_M
09-07-2020, 02:35 PM
I'm sure there's something we could arrange for Smartphones, where we can press some buttons and have moans, cheers, chants, etc, as appropriate.

1 - Cheer
2 - Boo
3 - "Hi-bees, Hi- bees..."
4 - "Offside!"
5 - "Lewis, what are ye playin at!!!"
...etc.

G B Young
09-07-2020, 02:35 PM
Could go back to the old fashioned rattles? Or even Vuvuzelas? With filters on the end obviously. :greengrin

😀 Or just pipe fake crowd noise via the tannoy?

hibbyfraelibby
09-07-2020, 02:52 PM

The Vuvuzela require you to blow so they're banned...ckacjers anhone (of a particulary age)

hibbyfraelibby
09-07-2020, 02:53 PM
😀 Or just pipe fake crowd noise via the tannoy?

The tannoy in the East Stand does that without programming already...

Hibs1969
09-07-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm sure there's something we could arrange for Smartphones, where we can press some buttons and have moans, cheers, chants, etc, as appropriate.

1 - Cheer
2 - Boo
4 - "Offside!"
...etc.

If you’re developing an app, can I request the following golden oldie classics, directed from the terraces & stands at countless players including Ally Brazil, Brian Hamilton and many, many more besides? All to be bellowed at top volume of course...

6.“(Insert name) see you, you’re f***ing sh*te”
7 “(insert name) f***ing hell, I’ve seen milk turn quicker than you”
8 “(insert name) you’re nothing but a f***ing wage thief”

The possibilities are endless 😀

greenpaper55
09-07-2020, 08:22 PM
A collective shhhhh would be just as bad as the singing !

HoboHarry
09-07-2020, 09:27 PM
The Vuvuzela require you to blow so they're banned...ckacjers anhone (of a particulary age)

I called them rattles but you are right, clackers is what I was meaning.....

Pretty Boy
09-07-2020, 09:30 PM
It's not really enforceable at football unless the punishment is closing the ground if there is audible singing.

In a church service if you omit the hymns no one is likely to start belting out a tune on their own. In football all it takes is 1 or 2 people to start and it will spread.

AZhibee
10-07-2020, 01:23 AM

1 - Cheer
2 - Boo
4 - "Offside!"
...etc.

Apps for singing and cheering....the end is near

G B Young
10-07-2020, 03:48 PM
You can talk and sing no problem with a mask on.

I guess it might depend on the quality of mask when it comes to 'breathability' but personally I'm already itching to take mine off after just a few minutes in a shop. Maybe it's just something we'll get used to but I can't imagine wearing one for a 90 minute football match, let alone trying to sing with one on. Hopefully by the time crowds are allowed back masks won't be deemed compulsory.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Bring it on, just so that Ibrox and Parkhead can actually give the impression that they are not full of throw backs.

Keith_M
10-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Apps for singing and cheering....the end is near

You missed out booing, moaning... and shouting to your mate to buy you a coffee when he's down at the Snack Bar.

I'm going to upload it to Google Play quite soon.

Sadly, Apple's App Store have already sent me a 'cease and desist' letter.

:greengrin

Eyrie
10-07-2020, 06:28 PM
I guess it might depend on the quality of mask when it comes to 'breathability' but personally I'm already itching to take mine off after just a few minutes in a shop. Maybe it's just something we'll get used to but I can't imagine wearing one for a 90 minute football match, let alone trying to sing with one on. Hopefully by the time crowds are allowed back masks won't be deemed compulsory.

Got a cotton one yesterday and it gets very humid very quickly. I'll put it on before going into a shop and it'll be coming off as soon as I'm outside.

Peevemor
10-07-2020, 06:51 PM
I guess it might depend on the quality of mask when it comes to 'breathability' but personally I'm already itching to take mine off after just a few minutes in a shop. Maybe it's just something we'll get used to but I can't imagine wearing one for a 90 minute football match, let alone trying to sing with one on. Hopefully by the time crowds are allowed back masks won't be deemed compulsory.I'm not saying that masks are comfortable to wear, they're not - especially for more than 5-10 minutes.

But you can still shout or sing in them.

The_Exile
10-07-2020, 06:57 PM

1 - Cheer
2 - Boo
4 - "Offside!"
...etc.

Text 07 if you hate the Hearts.