PDA

View Full Version : Flags & Cardboard Cutouts

King Cosell
06-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Be nice to see the stadium colourfully decked out on the opening day. Any plans for this?

CockneyRebel
06-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Be nice to see the stadium colourfully decked out on the opening day. Any plans for this?

Maybe we could get a lend of the St Mirren cut out of Budgie.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-07-2020, 07:20 PM
I was hopeful that we’d have the fans cutout scheme

£15-20 a go could have been a decent money spinner for us

Unless we’re hoping to get to Murrayfield for games very early on

Lee Marvin
06-07-2020, 07:21 PM

I'd go further and have Budge, Levein, Cathro, Stendel, Daly, Berra, Wee Deansy, McPhee, that terrible Portguese goalkeeper and Uche in the stands.

Its only fair, could be the only football they see this year :aok:

HibeesLittleHel
06-07-2020, 07:28 PM
I'd go further and have Budge, Levein, Cathro, Stendel, Daly, Berra, Wee Deansy, McPhee, that terrible Portguese goalkeeper and Uche in the stands.

Don’t forget Bobby Seith 😂😂

Lago
06-07-2020, 07:30 PM

You forgot Billy "I've been places" Brown

Power
06-07-2020, 07:53 PM
‘Stadium dressing’ is on the clubs list of things to review. Hopefully hear more soon.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2020, 07:59 PM

Unfortunately only a fraction goes towards Hibs, most goes to the company producing them

04Sauzee
06-07-2020, 08:01 PM
‘Stadium dressing’ is on the clubs list of things to review. Hopefully hear more soon.

Nice one cheers

EI255
06-07-2020, 08:21 PM
You forgot Billy "I've been places" BrownLike roaming about Musselburgh with a Raith Rovers jacket on... Does it get any better for the man?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
06-07-2020, 08:53 PM

Definitely want to get the Dotnet flag out on display!

Itsnoteasy
06-07-2020, 09:05 PM

Waste of money. Give it directly to Hibs.

Onion
06-07-2020, 09:18 PM

We need a Budge Blimp. Make it happen.

Hibby70
06-07-2020, 11:24 PM
We need a Budge Blimp. Make it happen.

Thought we already have an Uche cutout. How big do you think the stand is!

cheltenhamhibee
07-07-2020, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately only a fraction goes towards Hibs, most goes to the company producing them

I bought one for the league 2 play offs for Cheltenham, the club sold just over 1000 of them and made well over £30,000
great revenue for a wee club, think we could sell a lot more than 1000, could be a great earner if the club did something along those lines

Forza Fred
07-07-2020, 06:41 AM
Rugby League in Oz had a scheme where punters could send in a photo and a cardboard cut out, based on what was supplied would appear in the stands.

Had to be revised after one game when it was pointed out that a cardboard cut out of Harold Shipman had been in the crowd!

Keith_M
07-07-2020, 07:57 AM
That's it decided, if we have to play behind closed doors, I'm going to sneak into the stadium disguised as a cardboard cutout.

Since452
07-07-2020, 08:05 AM
I'd happily pay for an Obika cut out

Beefster
07-07-2020, 08:18 AM

A fraction of something is still bigger than a fraction of nothing.

Carheenlea
07-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Not sure if it’s necessarily something that needs to be profit making exercise. If the “stadium dressing” in preparation for closed door TV coverage can be done in a positive way with the club only breaking even then surely that has to be acceptable.

KdyHby
07-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Rugby League in Oz had a scheme where punters could send in a photo and a cardboard cut out, based on what was supplied would appear in the stands.

Had to be revised after one game when it was pointed out that a cardboard cut out of Harold Shipman had been in the crowd!

Osama bin Laden was at Elland Road

Sudds_1
07-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Like roaming about Musselburgh with a Raith Rovers jacket on... Does it get any better for the man?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

When i saw him recently he had the yams trackie bottoms on wi the said raith top. Think he has wardrobe issues.

The Modfather
07-07-2020, 12:46 PM
A fraction of something is still bigger than a fraction of nothing.

Is that a philosophical point? I’m away to think about a tree falling in the woods. 😀

Keith_M
07-07-2020, 12:51 PM
Osama bin Laden was at Elland Road

The real one?

Moulin Yarns
07-07-2020, 01:39 PM
The real one?

Is there a fake Elland Road? 🤔😉

hibby rae
07-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Have to say, not in the best taste, but the fans who got Hitler and Harold Shipman as cut-outs at one of the Australian games was quite funny.

Power
08-07-2020, 06:31 PM

Club - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10662‬

“To secure your seat in the East Stand with our fan cut-outs, click here.

We’re also in the process of working up seat banners to sit in the lower tiers of the Famous Five and South Stands and are speaking to a number of partners at the moment.

We have a limited number of packages still available, so for more information about how your company can benefit from these unique banners, please contact commercial@hibernianfc.co.uk.

In addition, we’re also working on ways to incorporate flags and banners from supporters within Easter Road and will announce further details on this in the coming days.”

Iggy Pope
08-07-2020, 06:32 PM

Now that Hibs are saying £25 a pop with £1 of that going to the NHS Lothian Health Charity and the cut outs are available to keep, what’s that fraction of yours working out at?

Newhaven
08-07-2020, 06:42 PM
£25 - rip off no matter how you look at it

Frazerbob
08-07-2020, 06:48 PM

You do know it’s optional? How much wouldn’t be a rip off?

Newhaven
08-07-2020, 07:00 PM
You do know it’s optional? How much wouldn’t be a rip off?

Season ticket holders £10, kids get one free at least. Club are pushing it with these prices.

cabbageandribs1875
08-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Leeds sold over 15k crowdies at £25 a pop

Frazerbob
08-07-2020, 07:17 PM
Season ticket holders £10, kids get one free at least. Club are pushing it with these prices.

Not sure there would be much money to made at those prices, if at all. At a time when income is very limited, they’d be hammered if they didn’t identify turnover streams. I think £25 is a fair price. Only thing stopping me is the lack of a decent photo!

Beefster
08-07-2020, 07:46 PM

You can barely get a personalised A5 birthday card online for less than £5 nowadays. £25 for a weatherproof big photo of yourself that’ll be displayed at ER in our absence before given to us seems completely fair imho.

No-one is being forced to buy one.

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2020, 08:10 PM
I personally don’t want one but anyone that has a couple of kids and would be struggling to pay to get them all, I would gladly donate for one as pretty sure it will be a big thing for some kids to have one at ER.

tamig
08-07-2020, 08:56 PM

In what sense? You do realise the club aren’t exactly rolling in cash just now? Its a great initiative - will add to the occasion and be a welcome boost to the coffers at the same time. Labelling it a rip off is very poor from you - especially in the current climate.

Newhaven
08-07-2020, 09:52 PM
In what sense? You do realise the club aren’t exactly rolling in cash just now? Its a great initiative - will add to the occasion and be a welcome boost to the coffers at the same time. Labelling it a rip off is very poor from you - especially in the current climate.

Really? Is something going on in the world just now.

The club have been backed with amazing season tickets holders singing up given that a trip to the holy ground is far off. What about a bit of goodwill to pay that commitment back?

Pure rip off.

weecounty hibby
08-07-2020, 09:58 PM

The club have been backed with amazing season tickets holders singing up given that a trip to the holy ground is far off. What about a bit of goodwill to pay that commitment back?

Pure rip off.
So the club shouldn't try to maximize revenue? Would you suggest that they did this and sold them at a fiver and made a loss? Hibernian are not a charity and takes a fair amount of cash to operate. If you don't want to buy one, don't but no need to go off on one about it

04Sauzee
08-07-2020, 10:12 PM
I personally don’t want one but anyone that has a couple of kids and would be struggling to pay to get them all, I would gladly donate for one as pretty sure it will be a big thing for some kids to have one at ER.

That's a fantastic gesture

The Wireless
08-07-2020, 10:14 PM
I think it is a great initiative and I would be Very happy to pay for this. It would probably be quite simple to do and I think the club could benefit quite well from this. I would like to say that the profit should all go into the player budget as this strategy would be the only way to make it worthwhile and achieve any meaningful credibility and financial success.:flag:

MagicSwirlingShip
08-07-2020, 10:18 PM

Class gesture and a great idea.

tamig
08-07-2020, 10:22 PM

Pure rip off.

So there’s a ceiling on how much the fans can back the club in your eyes? That’s the kind of attitude that caused HSL to fail in its main objective. No rip-off and your attitude stinks.

Stuart93
08-07-2020, 11:29 PM

Pure rip off.

You don’t have to buy one ma man it’s your choice

Chill out

Jeez.

Newhaven
09-07-2020, 04:10 AM
So there’s a ceiling on how much the fans can back the club in your eyes? That’s the kind of attitude that caused HSL to fail in its main objective. No rip-off and your attitude stinks.

What in the world has HSL business strategy got to do with cardboard cut outs?

tamig
09-07-2020, 07:02 AM
What in the world has HSL business strategy got to do with cardboard cut outs?

If you need it spelt out forget it.

Keith_M
09-07-2020, 07:16 AM
Is there a fake Elland Road? 🤔😉

:greengrin

Keith_M
09-07-2020, 07:18 AM

:top marks

That's one of the nicest things I've ever read on here.

You're obviously going soft in your old age

:wink:

HibbyAndy
09-07-2020, 07:23 AM

As would i :aok:

Ceebs
09-07-2020, 07:37 AM
Signed up, I personally think it's a good way of generating much needed income. Hopefully receives a decent response.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2020, 07:42 AM

Its only fair, could be the only football they see this year :aok:The Budge horror mask could be recycled at Halloween, and brought out everytime the children misbehave or if you need to stop cats crapping in the garden.

Might work with the ER seagull problem as well

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
09-07-2020, 08:21 AM
The real one?

Yep Arsenal were playing. :greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
09-07-2020, 08:26 AM

Pure rip off.

FMG !!! You're a happy soul, I'm sure there are shed loads of non season ticket holders out there (me for one) who would will back this in support of the club we all love, any extra income that can be raised will greatly benefit the club, so glad not everyone thinks along your lines

Daniel 1875
09-07-2020, 08:59 AM
If there was a way we could set up a fund to donate towards the cut outs for families or kids that can’t afford it I’m sure there would be a lot of people like me who aren’t bothered about getting one myself but I’d happily chip in towards one for a youngster who I’m sure would be delighted to ‘be at the game’.

Problems arise with the use of the images I suspect and how they’d be stored/used but maybe something for the club to consider if they’re able to?

skankomcphee
09-07-2020, 09:55 AM
A place must be reserved for Wallace Mercer

He rightly deserves to see his dream of only one Edinburgh team in the SPL fulfilled

HibbyDave
09-07-2020, 12:18 PM
No Longer season ticket holder but bought one for me and one for my son.

tamig
09-07-2020, 01:52 PM
A place must be reserved for Wallace Mercer

He rightly deserves to see his dream of only one Edinburgh team in the SPL fulfilled

No.

Forza Fred
21-07-2020, 01:11 AM
Some of us have invested.

Just be our luck if we get placed in ‘restricted vision‘ seats😂

Big90inOz
21-07-2020, 05:30 AM
Some of us have invested.

Just be our luck if we get placed in ‘restricted vision‘ seats😂

Cannot see the Aussie ones going unnoticed :greengrin:greengrin

sambajustice
22-07-2020, 06:08 AM
Does anyone know what the dimensions of these are going to be? It doesn't appear to say on the website, unless I'm missing something somewhere

Carheenlea
22-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know what the dimensions of these are going to be? It doesn't appear to say on the website, unless I'm missing something somewhere

This gives an idea of dimensions

https://i.postimg.cc/MHwBHDy8/25-D3-E494-7107-4201-BE95-9-F8-BC653-F516.jpg (https://postimg.cc/62Hq1CjH)

Garymcl
22-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Just purchased four me the wife and two grandchildren ( was only gonna be me and the Mrs until she showed the photo of boyler to them they absolutely loved it ) more money from me into the clubs coffers but if I can’t get to the ground it’s the next big thing I’m just like a kid just now really missing going to see my team just waiting for the new strip to be delivered so I can proudly wear it out and about 60 years old and I’ll never grow up when it comes to my beloved team Ggtth :flag:

Keith_M
22-07-2020, 10:45 AM
That's me sent in the photos from my DDR Heroes list.

I don't want to spoil the surprise too much but the list includes Angela Merkel and Daniel Stendel

degenerated
22-07-2020, 11:45 AM
That's me sent in the photos from my DDR Heroes list.

I don't want to spoil the surprise too much but the list includes Angela Merkel and Daniel StendelI might go for the Ramones [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk