PDA

View Full Version : English League Playoffs

Sammy7nil
06-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Watching Oxford v Portsmouth whilst I appreciate there is a good deal of nerves, pressure, lack of recent games and crowd I am surprised and a little shocked at how poor the standard is. Scottish football gets a lot of stick but this is eye bleeding stuff. Like watching Hearts under Levein only worse.

BS44
07-07-2020, 09:27 AM
Watching Oxford v Portsmouth whilst I appreciate there is a good deal of nerves, pressure, lack of recent games and crowd I am surprised and a little shocked at how poor the standard is. Scottish football gets a lot of stick but this is eye bleeding stuff. Like watching Hearts under Levein only worse.

Watched Oxford in a FA Cup tie against Newcastle United, they were terrific second half and got a two two draw, they were two zip behind at half time, though they eventually lost 3 2 in ET

See Fleetwood went out too, nowt against the club but not keen on their nutter manager

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Watched Oxford in a FA Cup tie against Newcastle United, they were terrific second half and got a two two draw, they were two zip behind at half time, though they eventually lost 3 2 in ET

See Accrington went out too, nowt against the club but not keen on their nutter manager

John Coleman? Why is he a nutter.

Are you meaning Fleetwood and Joey Barton?

easty
07-07-2020, 12:35 PM
I went down to the Bradford v Millwall playoff final a few years ago, and it was up there with one of the worst games of football I've ever been at.

BS44
07-07-2020, 12:53 PM
John Coleman? Why is he a nutter.

Are you meaning Fleetwood and Joey Barton?

Yep, I did mean Fleetwood 😆

I will edit my previous post

CockneyRebel
07-07-2020, 05:19 PM

You shouldn't make comparisons after watching one game.
I suppose you did because every game up here is a cracker.

Sammy7nil
07-07-2020, 05:25 PM
You shouldn't make comparisons after watching one game.
I suppose you did because every game up here is a cracker.

No I did so because I was genuinely surprised how poor the standard was. Scottish football is often compared to top end league one lower championship and if this is top end league one it was very poor.

I suppose I should say I prefer watching Scottish football to even English Premiership.

Iggy Pope
07-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Yep, I did mean Fleetwood 😆

I will edit my previous post

Bear in mind that Accrington also have our own John Doolan on the backroom staff too. I went down to see them this season v Lincoln and it’s a great wee club. You’re obviously right about Joey Barton. Looked positively weird the other night in his Mac, hat and glasses.

HH81
07-07-2020, 07:37 PM
Bear in mind that Accrington also have our own John Doolan on the backroom staff too. I went down to see them this season v Lincoln and it’s a great wee club. You’re obviously right about Joey Barton. Looked positively weird the other night in his Mac, hat and glasses.

Nice little ground at Accrington. Could do with a roof on the away end but apart from that it is decent.