PDA

View Full Version : Where will we finish the season?

Greenio
05-07-2020, 12:27 PM
I know there's a lot of unknowns about the coming season, more so than any other season Id say, but interested to see what league position people feel we'll end up in?

I'm going to be optimistic! And say 5th

Vault Boy
05-07-2020, 12:29 PM
4th.

Eyrie
05-07-2020, 12:39 PM
If we make the right signings, then fourth behind the Ugly Sisters and Aberdeen.

If not, sixth.

Lago
05-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Mid table

we are hibs
05-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Hard to say until we see the kind of signing we bring in. I hope and expect us to finish top 4. I hope we at least have a team thats entertaining to watch this season.

The Modfather
05-07-2020, 12:55 PM
At the moment, anywhere from 5th-8th. Hopefully we make the right signings and can challenge for the top 4.

Jim44
05-07-2020, 12:56 PM
5th or 6th. Possibly better if can get a player or two with a bit of dig in central midfield/defence.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2020, 12:57 PM
8th

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 12:59 PM
As things stand 2020/21 season finish will be as follows:
1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Aberdeen
4. Motherwell
5. Hibs

Keith_M
05-07-2020, 01:03 PM
We can only guess based on our current squad (not being a fortune-teller ;-) )

With that in mind, somewhere between 6th and 9th.

If/when we make some new additions, we'll have a better idea.

King Cosell
05-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Top 3, I hope. Defo top 6. Expecting some mad results early on. Anything possible.

Dundee Utd 3 Rangers 0, Celtic 2 Ross County 3, Aberdeen 1 Hamilton 4 etc.

Leitherhibs
05-07-2020, 01:23 PM
So much depends on our window activity. Anywhere from 4th-8th though.

flash
05-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Pittodrie.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Think we’ll finish higher than last season, but we can’t get off to such an awful start

Foritza
05-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Football is all about money the more you have the better your management team should perfom . If Hibs have the 3rd biggest revenue input then 3rd should be the goal For Hibs next season any less than top 4 is a failure on all involved.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2020, 03:00 PM
The income we've just got from season ticket sales and HSL donations should put us miles ahead of most of the league in terms of the kind of player we are able to attract. I'd be really unhappy with anything less than 4th.

Since90+2
05-07-2020, 03:04 PM
The income we've just got from season ticket sales and HSL donations should put us miles ahead of most of the league in terms of the kind of player we are able to attract. I'd be really unhappy with anything less than 4th.

Agreed. 4th should be the absolute minimum target for next season.

Green Manalishi
05-07-2020, 03:09 PM
It all depends on who we sign. If we can get in Nisbit and Gogic or another midfield anchor man we will finish in a much better position than if we dont.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2020, 04:38 PM
3rd. We need to be qualifying for Europe. It’s part of the clubs business plan and they need to start delivering on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
05-07-2020, 04:41 PM
I know there's a lot of unknowns about the coming season, more so than any other season Id say, but interested to see what league position people feel we'll end up in?

I'm going to be optimistic! And say 5th

With the squad as is - 8th

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 04:45 PM
3rd. We need to be qualifying for Europe. It’s part of the clubs business plan and they need to start delivering on that.

Agreed. We also should be going for it in the cups, we’re already in one semifinal. There will be teams who will steal a march due to the circumstances we find ourselves in, we need to be one of those teams.

Keith_M
05-07-2020, 04:46 PM
Football is all about money the more you have the better your management team should perfom . If Hibs have the 3rd biggest revenue input then 3rd should be the goal For Hibs next season any less than top 4 is a failure on all involved.

Didn't work very well for Hearts. Fourth highest budget and finished 12th.

As an aside, Aberdeen normally have a much higher budget than Hibs, so we're still not third highest.

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2020, 04:48 PM
5th and two Scottish cups 😀

Bobby's Cinema
05-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Minimum expectation should be going into the top 6 and in with a shout of Europe.

HendoDelivered
05-07-2020, 05:33 PM
I’d like to say 3rd but need to be realistic. We’ve not finished 3rd in about 15 years. We won’t finish 3rd next season either. Probably 5th, possibly 4th at a push. We need more Boyles, Allans etc to be able to finish 3rd, defence needs a shake up as well!

Not In The Know
05-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Above hearts.

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 05:47 PM

5th next season will qualify for Europe as a result of the gruesome twosome dragging the Scottish coefficient up into the Top 15.

SANH 1875
05-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Above hearts.

A league above hearts

Bobby's Cinema
05-07-2020, 05:58 PM
5th next season will qualify for Europe as a result of the gruesome twosome dragging the Scottish coefficient up into the Top 15.
Is that 100%?

Garymcl
05-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Beat me to it nitk they will be forever in our shadow and I encourage all fellow hibbys to tell them so and the “city is ours “. Ggtth :flag:

Hibs4185
05-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Hibs should always be looking to finish 3rd. Fourth is acceptable. Fifth is average.

One win out of two chances at the Scottish cup should do as well!

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Is that 100%?

I believe so, unless mad bat**** happens, as in, we finish 5th and a team outside the top 5 wins the Scottish Cup and thereby takes the 5th Scottish European berth.

The 90+2
05-07-2020, 06:24 PM
8th.

jacomo
05-07-2020, 07:15 PM
1st.

Celtc see off the challenge from the Rangers (again) but never saw 10 IAR denied by the original greens

Smartie
05-07-2020, 08:25 PM
7th or 8th probably.

We’ll be doing a lot worse than that, but do the transfer business in January that we should really have done in the summer.

I’m heartened by the suitability of the players we’re being linked with, but I’m concerned at the possible fall out from the wage business.

It’s quite hard to predict this year. Celtic and Rangers are miles ahead, I think we’ve probably lost Aberdeen now. United will spend a fair bit and probably be ahead of us. Motherwell can build decent sides on peanuts, Livi’s home form makes them a danger. We’ll be tucked in, trying to be the best of the rest.

I fear for us a bit tbh. Our succession planning since our first season back up has been abysmal. I don’t think we’re far off being relegation material. If clubs sniff around our better players (I think there will be a lot of clubs from down South “bargain hunting”) then I could see us being in deep trouble.

I like the manager though. With everyone fit we have the core of a decent team, that with a few smart additions might get 4th or 5th.

cabbageandribs1875
05-07-2020, 08:36 PM
6th, or lower

thankfully our midfield won't be facing heartz next season

Brightside
05-07-2020, 08:47 PM
4th

B.H.F.C
05-07-2020, 09:13 PM
7th of 8th probably.

We’ll be doing a lot worse than that, but do the transfer business in January that we should really have done in the summer.

I’m heartened by the suitability of the players we’re being linked with, but I’m concerned at the possible fall out from the wage business.

It’s quite hard to predict this year. Celtic and Rangers are miles ahead, I think we’ve probably lost Aberdeen now. United will spend a fair bit and probably be ahead of us. Motherwell can build decent sides on peanuts, Livi’s home form makes them a danger. We’ll be tucked in, trying to be the best of the rest.

I fear for us a bit tbh. Our succession planning since our first season back up has been abysmal. I don’t think we’re far off being relegation material. If clubs sniff around our better players (I think there will be a lot of clubs from down South “bargain hunting”) then I could see us being in deep trouble.

I like the manager though. With everyone fit we have the core of a decent team, that with a few smart additions might get 4th or 5th.

Dundee Utd seem to be getting talked up a bit and I’m not sure why.

I thought we were well ahead of them when we played them in the Scottish. I know we drew up there but we should have beaten them comfortably and did in the replay.

They’ve not strengthened and lost their manager and seem to be going for their third choice or something now.

Aberdeen have the strongest squad outside the big two, no doubt. Motherwell have made some signings but not convinced they are necessarily stronger for it.

We need to add some bodies but everybody will be saying the same. We’re not alone, most squads will generally be smaller and weaker.

Ross has a lot to improve. We could be best described as inconsistent since he came in but if he’d been there all season we would have been fifth minimum IMO. I don’t think we’ll be down in the bottom four or five.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2020, 09:17 PM
7th of 8th probably.

Finishing anywhere near 8th would be a disgrace.

Niffy
05-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Agreed. 4th should be the absolute minimum target for next season.

Same every season though.

Smartie
05-07-2020, 10:04 PM

I thought we were well ahead of them when we played them in the Scottish. I know we drew up there but we should have beaten them comfortably and did in the replay.

They’ve not strengthened and lost their manager and seem to be going for their third choice or something now.

Aberdeen have the strongest squad outside the big two, no doubt. Motherwell have made some signings but not convinced they are necessarily stronger for it.

We need to add some bodies but everybody will be saying the same. We’re not alone, most squads will generally be smaller and weaker.

Ross has a lot to improve. We could be best described as inconsistent since he came in but if he’d been there all season we would have been fifth minimum IMO. I don’t think we’ll be down in the bottom four or five.

I agree that we were a bit ahead of them when we played them, but we’ve lost quite a lot with the loan players we’ve lost.

For all they’ve lost their manager I’m led to believe that they weren’t all that convinced by him anyway and aren’t too unhappy at the enforced change.

I also think they’ll improve. They’re back in the top league and their owner has spelt out a high risk recruit and sell strategy. That can often be quite fun short term and disastrous long term. I’m not saying we should match that - quite the opposite - but sometimes you need to shrug your shoulders and let clubs like that finish above you and endanger themselves.

Our squad just has a bit too much fat for me at a time you could well do without it. Too many luxury players, too many injury prone players, we’ve got a player in James that it’s hard to see what we’ll do with. Nobody is going to want to take these players, they’re not going to want to move and we’re left with far too much to improve with too little money.

Smartie
05-07-2020, 10:06 PM
Finishing anywhere near 8th would be a disgrace.

From here, I don’t know if it would be.

From where we were just 2 years ago it is absolutely inexcusable.

Stuart93
05-07-2020, 10:08 PM

Hibs finishing 8th will always be a disgrace regardless.

With the we have just now I can’t see us finishing any higher than 6th/7th

With the right signings we could be 4th. But the right signings are absolutely key to any success this season

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 10:25 PM

I agree with you re Dundee Utd. I thought they were very poor in our 2 games against them other than Shanklands two strikes. I think Mellon may well prove an improvement on Neilson. IMO their owners would be delighted if they finish 6th and happy if they finish in 10th thereby consolidating their position in the top league before kicking on the following season. Will be interesting to see if Mellon can bring in a few diamonds from the English lower leagues or whether he falls into the trap of bringing players up from there who are subsequently found not to be up to the SPFL.

Re Motherwell, they finished 4th last season and will add a fit Turnbull eager to make up for lost time and have brought Hastie back from Rangers on loan as well as O'Hara in from Peterborough who I think is very good business. On the downside I am not impressed by the striker they brought in from Inverness. The phrase "big haddie" comes to mind.

Unseen work
05-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Too hard to call until the transfer window closes and we know what our squad is actually looking like.

I touched on it in another thread but Motherwell look very strong imo, especially if they get another striker. But will they end up losing Turnbull, Donnelly or Campbell? If they do that completely changes things.

Imo as a squad we have a lot of very good technical players who in a game of possession, I imagine pop it around one and two touch at ease. But we have a couple of big issues imo;

Defensively - We allow far too many crosses into the box and our full backs have been exposed by their lack of pace. We also need a proper defensive mid who enjoys that side of the game, I.e tracking runners, winning headers and making tackles. I often think our midfield is far too stand offish and instead of forcing the opposition player to make a mistake by applying pressure, they stand them up and allow them to make a pass. We give up territory in our own half far far too easily

Offensively - We need a lot more pace and directness in our team, without Boyle we would be struggling massively with this. We need another winger who does similar and also a pacey striker that wants to get in behind and stretch the opposition which I think is undervalued now a days, everyone wants the ball to feet. If we played teams and got in behind they would drop off, that then allows guys like Allan more space to play.

As i said I think we have technically good players and only need a couple of good/shrewd signings. I’m unsure on Gogic ability on the ball and how it would be received by the fans, however he is the type that could completely transform that midfield and all of a sudden we wouldn’t be so easy to play against and dominate.

Ideally I’d love to see

In:

New goalkeeper
Naismith/O’Donnell
Left back
Gogic
Docherty
Wright
Nisbet

Out:
Whittikar - Contract expired
Slivka - Contract expired
Bogdan - Contract expired
McNulty - End of loan
Omeonga - End of loan
Kamberi - Sell
James - Sell
Horgan - Sell

Guys like Mackie and Murray really need to show something or be shown the door. Gray and Daz potentially move to the mentor roles early as injuries seem to be catching up.

The players out will free up a hell of a lot of wages so we should have some wiggle room for new players in.

Bishop Hibee
05-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Squad looks thin. Worse if we lose Boyle. Current squad 6th at best and Hertz will fancy their chances in the semi. Get the right signings in then a European place and a cup final.

B.H.F.C
05-07-2020, 10:34 PM
I agree that we were a bit ahead of them when we played them, but we’ve lost quite a lot with the loan players we’ve lost.

For all they’ve lost their manager I’m led to believe that they weren’t all that convinced by him anyway and aren’t too unhappy at the enforced change.

I also think they’ll improve. They’re back in the top league and their owner has spelt out a high risk recruit and sell strategy. That can often be quite fun short term and disastrous long term. I’m not saying we should match that - quite the opposite - but sometimes you need to shrug your shoulders and let clubs like that finish above you and endanger themselves.

Our squad just has a bit too much fat for me at a time you could well do without it. Too many luxury players, too many injury prone players, we’ve got a player in James that it’s hard to see what we’ll do with. Nobody is going to want to take these players, they’re not going to want to move and we’re left with far too much to improve with too little money.

When we played them, none of the loan players were in the door and available at that point if I remember rightly. I think Tom James even played in the replay and looked all right.

I don’t disagree that we have plenty work to do to get a decent, consistent team on the pitch. What I do disagree with is that Utd (and others) are in a much stronger position than us. The assumption with Utd seems to be that they’re going to throw lots of money at it. If they are, they’re going to need to get a move on.

Unseen work
05-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Just in addition to the above and how I touched on Mackie and Murray, I notice Ben Stirling has been moved to the first team squad on the official website?

Could this be his season?

Every time Iv seen him in the centre of the park whether it was pre season friendlies or the winter break friendly against the Dutch team Iv been really impressed but he’s never made a competitive appearance.

Maybe he would have under Ross if he never got injured in that friendly but could this be his year? Although they have him listed as a defender not a midfielder.

Keyser Sauzee
05-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Too hard to call until the transfer window closes and we know what our squad is actually looking like.

I touched on it in another thread but Motherwell look very strong imo, especially if they get another striker. But will they end up losing Turnbull, Donnelly or Campbell? If they do that completely changes things.

Imo as a squad we have a lot of very good technical players who in a game of possession, I imagine pop it around one and two touch at ease. But we have a couple of big issues imo;

Defensively - We allow far too many crosses into the box and our full backs have been exposed by their lack of pace. We also need a proper defensive mid who enjoys that side of the game, I.e tracking runners, winning headers and making tackles. I often think our midfield is far too stand offish and instead of forcing the opposition player to make a mistake by applying pressure, they stand them up and allow them to make a pass. We give up territory in our own half far far too easily

Offensively - We need a lot more pace and directness in our team, without Boyle we would be struggling massively with this. We need another winger who does similar and also a pacey striker that wants to get in behind and stretch the opposition which I think is undervalued now a days, everyone wants the ball to feet. If we played teams and got in behind they would drop off, that then allows guys like Allan more space to play.

As i said I think we have technically good players and only need a couple of good/shrewd signings. I’m unsure on Gogic ability on the ball and how it would be received by the fans, however he is the type that could completely transform that midfield and all of a sudden we wouldn’t be so easy to play against and dominate.

Ideally I’d love to see

In:

New goalkeeper
Naismith/O’Donnell
Left back
Gogic
Docherty
Wright
Nisbet

Out:
McNulty - End of loan
Omeonga - End of loan
Kamberi - Sell
James - Sell
Horgan - Sell

Guys like Mackie and Murray really need to show something or be shown the door. Gray and Daz potentially move to the mentor roles early as injuries seem to be catching up.

The players out will free up a hell of a lot of wages so we should have some wiggle room for new players in.

Who’s going to be remotely interested in paying us money for a hot and cold Horgan and an extremely poor James?

B.H.F.C
05-07-2020, 10:39 PM
I agree with you re Dundee Utd. I thought they were very poor in our 2 games against them other than Shanklands two strikes. I think Mellon may well prove an improvement on Neilson. IMO their owners would be delighted if they finish 6th and happy if they finish in 10th thereby consolidating their position in the top league before kicking on the following season. Will be interesting to see if Mellon can bring in a few diamonds from the English lower leagues or whether he falls into the trap of bringing players up from there who are subsequently found not to be up to the SPFL.

Re Motherwell, they finished 4th last season and will add a fit Turnbull eager to make up for lost time and have brought Hastie back from Rangers on loan as well as O'Hara in from Peterborough who I think is very good business. On the downside I am not impressed by the striker they brought in from Inverness. The phrase "big haddie" comes to mind.

Motherwell have also lost a good goalie to Newcastle and replaced him with Scott Fox who finished bottom of the league with Partick. Lost their club captain as well. Bit of a mixed bag for them but they’re used to wheeling and dealing so it’s probably pretty normal for them.

Unseen work
05-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Who’s going to be remotely interested in paying us money for a hot and cold Horgan and an extremely poor James?

Never said anything about getting a fee for them, the club May just want them off the wage bull. However I would expect Horgan could command a small fee, he’s more brilliant but he’s not terrible and could be a really good signing for some clubs.

Keyser Sauzee
05-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Never said anything about getting a fee for them, the club May just want them off the wage bull. However I would expect Horgan could command a small fee, he’s more brilliant but he’s not terrible and could be a really good signing for some clubs.

U put sell next to both their names which implies us receiving cash for them, it’s not going to happen, especially in James case.

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 10:49 PM

Ideally I’d love to see

In:

New goalkeeper
Naismith/O’Donnell
Left back
Gogic
Docherty
Wright
Nisbet

Out:
McNulty - End of loan
Omeonga - End of loan
Kamberi - Sell
James - Sell
Horgan - Sell

In the current climate I don't think we could give Horgan away, never mind sell him. He will be on a good wage which will compound the problem.
Lovely guy but hasn't done enough for the outlay.
Fairly sure he will be about for the last year of his contract.

Kamberi is a strange one. Not sure what will happen with him. Some supporters are annoyed at him but to the club he is an asset. Can't see Rangers wanting him. However, he played for a Rangers team that did well in Europe and that might help us sell him to a Polish/Austrian team or similar for £200k.

James is a young guy but because he was a transfer in, was cut very little slack by the supporters. Jack Ross will have his own professional opinion about the kids abilities and will have a plan for his future or will be actively trying to move him on. However, times are tough so the kid may decide to sit tight on his contract until at least January in the hope the football situation down south stabilises.

CMurdoch
05-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Motherwell have also lost a good goalie to Newcastle and replaced him with Scott Fox who finished bottom of the league with Partick. Lost their club captain as well. Bit of a mixed bag for them but they’re used to wheeling and dealing so it’s probably pretty normal for them.

Yeah, the keeper will be a big loss and Scott Fox isn't the best. They let the captain Hartley leave so were obviously not bothered about losing him. The guy himself was quite upset about not getting kept on.

Unseen work
05-07-2020, 11:22 PM
Scott Fox has been signed as back up, Trevor Carson is over his injuries and will be number 1 for them again.

Very good keeper at this level imo.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2020, 11:24 PM

For Hibs to finish 8th any season is embarrassing.

For that to happen next season, you're probably talking about us finishing behind Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Sorry but I would asking some serious questions if that's where we end up next season.

Given the backing the club's had off the park by the fans over the past few months, I'm expecting that to be reflected on the park.

Gloucester Hibs
06-07-2020, 07:41 AM
Should always be aiming to finish 3rd, 4th at worst. Aberdeen and Hearts are the only 2 sides with the resources to consistently challenge us for these spots and one of them is currently languishing in the second tier.

Keith_M
06-07-2020, 07:48 AM
I think the only prediction I feel confident about is that we're about to finish above Hearts for the fourth year in a row.

Sammy7nil
06-07-2020, 07:57 AM
It would be better to wait and see who stays before making predictions however as we often under perform I would expect us to finish around 6th or 7th.

Green_one
06-07-2020, 08:06 AM
6th for me

Probably lose Boyle and sign no one of note

Couple of the youngsters will hopefully step up

In theory we should make last years Scottish cup final but I have doubts even about that

Season for just hanging in there. Of course we have still to see the state everyone is really in
:confused:

JXM73
06-07-2020, 08:11 AM
12th, just narrowly missing one of the new relegation spots...

in all honesty i think this season, until things settle down, will be a lottery. Does the pressure of fans expectations really seap down from the stands? will lack of old firm fans hinder the **** at home? will the atmosphere improve at pittodrie with no fans?

as long as we get the season complete we should be finishing 4th or 5th around with Motherwell (on current squads)...

Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Hibs / Motherwell

Numptie
06-07-2020, 08:25 AM
12th, just narrowly missing one of the new relegation spots...

in all honesty i think this season, until things settle down, will be a lottery. Does the pressure of fans expectations really seap down from the stands? will lack of old firm fans hinder the **** at home? will the atmosphere improve at pittodrie with no fans?

as long as we get the season complete we should be finishing 4th or 5th around with Motherwell (on current squads)...

Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Hibs / Motherwell

I can see Mallan and Kamberi playing well in empty stadiums. The game will also be slower (has been in all the other leagues) and this will play to their skills.

Since452
06-07-2020, 08:51 AM
How many seasons in a row will we have finished above Hearts now? Four? Not bad for the wee team

wookie70
06-07-2020, 09:07 AM
8th for me. Luxury midfield and very few options up top. Three or four good signings could make a huge difference

G B Young
06-07-2020, 09:29 AM
8th for me. Luxury midfield and very few options up top. Three or four good signings could make a huge difference

I'm inclined to agree. I'm just not seeing where the optimism of a top four place is coming from when you look at our current squad. As you say though, if we're able to make a few signings I'd be confident Ross can put us comfortably in the top six.

Spike Mandela
06-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Let’s face it we’ll get relegated as Hearts get promoted. It’s the Hibs way.🤪

If I was a betting man though I ‘d say 6th.

Bangkok Hibby
06-07-2020, 03:05 PM
4th should be an achievable target and a first step to become "best of the rest"

H18S NX
06-07-2020, 03:33 PM
Around 8th for me,as it stands,hoping for some good signings tho,so,5th or 6th could be ours.

hibee-boys
06-07-2020, 03:43 PM
1st/2nd/3rd - no chance
4th - competing for it at least
5th - probably more realistic next season (if I was a betting men here's where my money would go)
6th - poor season
7th - embarrssing
8th or below - another new manager then🙈

gbhibby
06-07-2020, 04:13 PM
1st-cause Messi is available, oh sorry it was The Rangers that wanted sign him.

Seriously I think top 4 should be the target no lower. Depends on the transfer dealings.

Sir David Gray
06-07-2020, 04:27 PM
I'm inclined to agree. I'm just not seeing where the optimism of a top four place is coming from when you look at our current squad. As you say though, if we're able to make a few signings I'd be confident Ross can put us comfortably in the top six.

Oh yes of course I agree, our current squad is not good enough but I am going on the assumption that the fact we've brought in several millions through over 10,000 season ticket sales plus additional HSL donations and unprecedented shirt sales that we'll be able to attract one or two decent players to the club.

Our budget will no doubt be lower than last year due to the pandemic but it's all relative, we should still have comfortably the 4th highest budget in the league and higher than several other clubs put together.

I'd be really unhappy if we're 8th at the end of this season and would deem that to be a huge failure.

PompeyHibs
06-07-2020, 08:38 PM
Massive three weeks coming up for us!

We need to sign some quality players and get them bedded into the team as we have six league games in August. We need to get off to a flyer as September is a tough month with only three fixtures (2 of which are against the Celtic and the Rangers.

We had a poor 2019/20 season imo (in league) and we are a weaker team this season as no signings plus our loan players have returned.

The good thing is we will know quickly if we are going to have a good or bad season due to amount of games in August!

Lets hope we hear some good news this week and get a few quality players in!

The fans have backed Hibs, time to give us some good news

ekhibee
06-07-2020, 08:46 PM
8th.

JammyDoidger
07-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Be another waste of a season if we don't get the finger out and bring in quality! Needing a full back that can ideally play both sides, but more for the left. a winger, a decent quality forward, and a solid holding mid. Minimum!!

Just Alf
07-07-2020, 01:57 PM
I really can't make up my mind this season, I normally get it wrong anyway!
With all the turmoil in the game in general I can see us having a good chance to be better than our average as I feel our management team, both corporate and footballing, appear totally on the case so defo fighting for Europe and hopefully 2nd spot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
07-07-2020, 02:01 PM
I really can't make up my mind this season, I normally get it wrong anyway!
With all the turmoil in the game in general I can see us having a good chance to be better than our average as I feel our management team, both corporate and footballing, appear totally on the case so defo fighting for Europe and hopefully 2nd spot.

Eh? 2nd spot? You’re surely on the wind up

Smartie
07-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Eh? 2nd spot? You’re surely on the wind up

I do think the league could be more volatile than ever, and surprises might be more frequent.

Will Celtic Park and Ibrox be as intimidating to opponents as when they are full of fans?

When I was looking at the pictures of our squad back in training today it struck me that we do still have a fair amount of quality in our squad.

We would need a few, solid, first pick transfers to come in to the team where we are currently weak and for us to maybe get an uninterrupted run free of injury from Gray, McGregor and Porteous.

I also maintain that if we didn't get much from these players, we were to lose one or two more due to offers coming and if our transfer business is poor then we might be in relegation trouble.

This season is almost impossible to call.

If only we were going into it with our squad of 2, 3, 4 years ago though...

Stuart93
07-07-2020, 02:19 PM
I do think the league could be more volatile than ever, and surprises might be more frequent.

Will Celtic Park and Ibrox be as intimidating to opponents as when they are full of fans?

When I was looking at the pictures of our squad back in training today it struck me that we do still have a fair amount of quality in our squad.

We would need a few, solid, first pick transfers to come in to the team where we are currently weak and for us to maybe get an uninterrupted run free of injury from Gray, McGregor and Porteous.

I also maintain that if we didn't get much from these players, we were to lose one or two more due to offers coming and if our transfer business is poor then we might be in relegation trouble.

This season is almost impossible to call.

If only we were going into it with our squad of 2, 3, 4 years ago though...

Aye i agree with your last point.

But I think we’ll be lucky if this squad, as is, is fighting for Europe never mind finishing 2nd!

Just Alf
07-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Eh? 2nd spot? You’re surely on the wind upGood point actually, if ever it was there for the taking, it's this season!

Smartie
07-07-2020, 02:51 PM
Aye i agree with your last point.

But I think we’ll be lucky if this squad, as is, is fighting for Europe never mind finishing 2nd!

Yeah, and when I was asked the question I went for 7th or 8th (mainly because I have little faith in Hibs to get the required business done this summer for all sorts of reasons).

Still - looking on the positive side - Marciano will probably be playing for a decent move next summer. When his head's in the right place he's up there with the best in the league. Porteous is one of the most promising Scottish talents to come through in recent years, if he kicked on this season then there probably aren't many in the league to match him. If we got a balanced midfield to get the best out of Allan, who on his game is one of the best, mostt creative players in the league, kept Boyle fit all season and on top of his game and Doidge kept up the goalscoring form he's showed since getting properly underway last November, there's a core of players there who could be match for anyone in the league.

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson have been stalwarts with good players around them in the past.

Jackson has on occasion been our best player, Newell was starting to settle before getting injured.

We have a decent scoring threat from set pieces, a bit of pace, a goalscorer, a few players who have been around the block.

It's tempting to look at the gaps but there are players there who, on paper, could play big roles in good teams.