PDA

View Full Version : Amadou Konte

HendoDelivered
05-07-2020, 10:04 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/former-hibs-striker-amadou-konte-18541600.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Lendo
05-07-2020, 10:24 AM
What a great wee read.

hibsbollah
05-07-2020, 10:28 AM
My hero:not worth

‘I am A Hibernian supporter forever’
I didn’t know he’d become a football agent, he’ll certainly have lots of contacts across Europe.

I never knew he wore #35. Im fairly sure he was #19 and #17 as well. What the hell was going on with squad numbers in those days :dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2020, 10:36 AM
I remember being in Brazil at the time (Praia do Forte near Salvador) and passing the only person there with a football top on (Hibs) to let him know we’d qualified for Europe. Surreal.

I also remember Amadou absolutely bricking it in a reserve team game against Celtic at ER think there was a decent crowd there - about 2k?! Bobo Balde was his opponent that day* and the thug basically sought to take him out of the game at every opportunity - in the air didn’t even bother going for the ball.

* that was the period where Balde was put out of the first team until he left so obv taking his frustrations out but to seem to deliberately imo injure a fellow professional demeaned him and his club. Ref saw nothing as usual.

oneone73
05-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Enjoyed that. Thanks to the OP for posting.

Bishop Hibee
05-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Great read. Good contact for bringing young players in the future at ER if he continues to grow his role as an agent.

Tom Hart RIP
05-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Outstanding as a sub in 2-1 win at Tynie after Simon Brown conceded a howler.
Pressley and Webster who always bullied our strikers couldn’t handle him that night.

tamig
05-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Excellent. Will never forget the big man’s goal at Fir Park that day.

Hakim Sar
05-07-2020, 11:16 AM
“I’m a Hibernian supporter for ever.”

:top marks

Hero.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Anyone remember the ball smacking him on the back of his head when he was chasing a long ball, I think against celtic? 😂😂😂

marinello59
05-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Enjoyed that. Great wee read. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Enjoyed that, didn't automatically spring to mind as someone who'd remain a fan, good luck to him.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
05-07-2020, 12:19 PM
Enjoyed that read.

Outside the obvious my most vivid memory of Konte is a shot at Pittodrie that almost cleared the Merkland Road Stand. It absolutely thundered of the big Ashvale chippy advertising sign on the roof.

I completely forgot he started that game against Celtic. He definitely changed the game that night V Hearts, Riordan was on a booking and had a couple of niggles so had to be hooked. Konte allowed us to go more direct and he roughed up their back line.

Tomsk
05-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Enjoyed that read.

Outside the obvious my most vivid memory of Konte is a shot at Pittodrie that almost cleared the Merkland Road Stand. It absolutely thundered of the big Ashvale chippy advertising sign on the roof.

I completely forgot he started that game against Celtic. He definitely changed the game that night V Hearts, Riordan was on a booking and had a couple of niggles so had to be hooked. Konte allowed us to go more direct and he roughed up their back line.

I remember that. Took some doing. He was only about 10 yards out. It was still on the way up when it hit the panel. It would ended up in Dingwall otherwise.

Hibs won 1-0. Riordan with a pen - I think. :confused:

Since452
05-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Excellent. Will never forget the big man’s goal at Fir Park that day.

We had a gigantic support that day. Filled the big stand behind the goal and sure we had some of the main stand as well.

Green Manalishi
05-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Looking at his career on wiki Hibs were the biggest club he played for. Another journeyman drifting around Europe that we seemed so keen on for a while.

JimBHibees
05-07-2020, 09:45 PM
Enjoyed that read.

Most obvious memory I have is him ducking from a cross v Celtic when about 10 yards from goal. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-07-2020, 10:45 PM
He was hopeless, no?

Greencore
05-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Did he not set up the winning goal for Dean Shiels at tynie?

My first time there😁

The 90+2
05-07-2020, 11:01 PM
Did he not set up the winning goal for Dean Shiels at tynie?

My first time there😁

Hit the post with a header two yards out 👍

hibsbollah
06-07-2020, 07:10 AM
Hit the post with a header two yards out ��

Looks like it was outside the six yard box, great leap and we all know he used the post deliberately for the assist :agree:

:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aFmJPsP3I

Sammy7nil
06-07-2020, 07:54 AM
Nice wee piece glad to see he has fond memories of Hibs wish him all the best and hope he passes us on the next Platinni :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
06-07-2020, 09:17 AM
He was hopeless, no?

Yeah, but in a very lovable way...and he certainly made his contributions.

IWasThere2016
06-07-2020, 11:55 AM
What a great wee read.

:agree::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2020, 05:09 PM
He was hopeless, no?

I thought he was going to be a star with his performances in the Irish tour when he signed, i'm sure you said something similar Dave? :wink: