PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeping Coach

Heckys Wheel
05-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Has it been announced that Alan Combe is away?

Noticed Craig Samson is now the goalkeeping coach.

Might’ve missed the announcement. 🤷🏼*♂️

rossevenil
05-07-2020, 09:29 AM
Was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Combe was set to leave around about the same time that cuts were being announced if I remember rightly

Heckys Wheel
05-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Combe was set to leave around about the same time that cuts were being announced if I remember rightly

I saw a few people saying that but wasn’t sure if it had been announced.

Website still has Combe under coaches.

Shame for Combe but not necessarily a bad thing.

04Sauzee
05-07-2020, 09:33 AM

Had heard the rumour but haven't seen anything official or hadn't seen anywhere that Sampson is defo the new coach

Fuzzywuzzy
05-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Combe still on the website as first team coach yesterday

J-C
05-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Combe still on the website as first team coach yesterday

All coaches are still on the site, Makel, Murray and Nish have also left.

Liam978
05-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Would it not be the case that if Alan is made redundant, then so is the job ?

Keyser Sauzee
05-07-2020, 12:01 PM

Also how long does a company have to make a position unavailable after redundancy before they can advertise to fill the position again?

Brightside
05-07-2020, 12:25 PM
None of them have been officially announced. I'd expect to see a load of press release stuff next week re staff, players etc.

Brightside
05-07-2020, 12:26 PM

He's not been made redundant.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2020, 02:07 PM
He's not been made redundant.

Is he under consultation?

J-C
05-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Thought I read he had gone with Makel, Nish and Murray.

Brightside
05-07-2020, 02:23 PM

He’s been replaced.

B.H.F.C
05-07-2020, 05:49 PM
I remember reading that Combe going was not related to the redundancies. Him going and Samson coming in would have been happening regardless.

Inconsequential
05-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Would it not be the case that if Alan is made redundant, then so is the job ? Spot on Liam! Well almost... as far as I'm aware it's the position that is redundant so to speak. You can't remove someone from their post then appoint some else in their place. I think Alan Combe has left but wasn't part of the cutbacks. Whether his contract had finished or not I don't know. I read this recently and also that Craig Samson has now filled the post. Hope he gets to work with Rocky at crosses. Ooh, controversial comment! Backlash expected.:wink:

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 06:07 PM
I can’t understand why we would get rid of Combe, our keepers have been performing well. It sounds like jobs for the boys to me.

B.H.F.C
05-07-2020, 06:12 PM
I can’t understand why we would get rid of Combe, our keepers have been performing well. It sounds like jobs for the boys to me.

New manager wants his own folk with him. Not unusual.

I remember it being mentioned away back when Ross got the job. There must have been some reason it couldn’t happen until now.

Gaffer1875
05-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Always wanted Combe as our keeper when he was playing, great steady pair of hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
05-07-2020, 06:15 PM
New manager wants his own folk with him. Not unusual.

I remember it being mentioned away back when Ross got the job. There must have been some reason it couldn’t happen until now.
I know, but Combe is a big hibby :greengrin

HendoDelivered
05-07-2020, 06:21 PM
Always wanted Combe as our keeper when he was playing, great steady pair of hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just not in that cup final in 2007 :greengrin

The 90+2
05-07-2020, 06:26 PM

Or in the Matty Jack game 😁. I actually felt really bad for Combe when bawsed up for the fifth...for about ten seconds.

BILLYHIBS
05-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Hopefully Craig Samson can work on Rocky’s kicking and distribution as he has been here 4 years now and it has never improved

Heckys Wheel
05-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Always thought the structure we put in place at East Mains was a great idea. The club appointing these coaches to gain a bit of continuity instead of them all shipping out when the manager left.

That being said, there’s a line between continuity and things going stale and it could be that these coaches needed recycled.

G15 Hibs
05-07-2020, 06:55 PM

It was more his feet he had bother with in that game

Inconsequential
05-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Hopefully Craig Samson can work on Rocky’s kicking and distribution as he has been here 4 years now and it has never improved Balls... cross balls to be accurate is another area Samson could work on with Rocky as previously mentioned. :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
05-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Balls... cross balls to be accurate is another area Samson could work on with Rocky as previously mentioned. :greengrin

👍🏿

truehibernian
05-07-2020, 07:20 PM
Hopefully Craig Samson can work on Rocky’s kicking and distribution as he has been here 4 years now and it has never improved

RM is a good keeper, good shot stopper (in fact, better than good), but his distribution from feet is some of the worst I've seen from a keeper at his level. Costs goals too.

Defenders will like him behind them as he has pulled off some terrific stops, but I'll bet midfielders and forwards shake their heads at times - I'm maybe pedantic, but how any keeper (not just Rocky) can kick out of play (so many times) under no pressure still baffles me.

Bogdan was well ahead of RM in my opinion as an all rounder.

We have - that said - been very lucky these last few seasons with having some really decent keepers (Ben Williams onwards).

BILLYHIBS
05-07-2020, 07:36 PM
RM is a good keeper, good shot stopper (in fact, better than good), but his distribution from feet is some of the worst I've seen from a keeper at his level. Costs goals too.

Defenders will like him behind them as he has pulled off some terrific stops, but I'll bet midfielders and forwards shake their heads at times - I'm maybe pedantic, but how any keeper (not just Rocky) can kick out of play (so many times) under no pressure still baffles me.

Bogdan was well ahead of RM in my opinion as an all rounder.

We have - that said - been very lucky these last few seasons with having some really decent keepers (Ben Williams onwards).

Agree does ma heid in ( well documented on here ) but capable of brilliant instinctive reflex saves

J-C
06-07-2020, 07:56 AM
I know, but Combe is a big hibby :greengrin

Means nothing to a new manager if he wants his own coaching staff.

He's 30 now, is he still capable of being trained to have better distribution, if it's not natural to him he won't get much better, great shot stopper but poor at crosses and kicking.

BILLYHIBS
06-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Means nothing to a new manager if he wants his own coaching staff.

He's 30 now, is he still capable of being trained to have better distribution, if it's not natural to him he won't get much better, great shot stopper but poor at crosses and kicking.

Agree with this