PDA

View Full Version : Non season ticket holders should get to see their team too.

InchHibby
03-07-2020, 06:52 AM
I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.

JimBHibees
03-07-2020, 06:56 AM
I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.

Don't really agree that non season ticket holders should get preference when restricted attendance over people who have forked out to fund the club at this strange time. Not underplaying at all the economic hardships people will be facing which may put buying a season ticket quite far down the priority list however the club have I think done as much as they can in terms of extending the payment plan more than once.

theonlywayisup
03-07-2020, 07:02 AM

Well that's never going to happen.

Can you imagine the uproar if you've got 10,000 ST holders and then say that 50% of them are not going to be allowed entry, then they realise that 2,000 of the 7,000 places are going to non-ST holders.

Not going to happen!

Since452
03-07-2020, 07:06 AM
There should be some allowances made for walk ups if possible

Scouse Hibee
03-07-2020, 07:08 AM

A nice sentiment from you but a none starter that would never be considered and rightly so.

HH81
03-07-2020, 07:09 AM

I am not a season ticket holder. I do not feel I should be allowed in until all season ticket holders are back.

I do think I should be able to buy the games online though until people are going back to ground. I will pay my share even if it is overpriced.

green day
03-07-2020, 07:12 AM

This bit in bold is correct.

However the club are not going to tell a ST holder who has shelled out £400 that they cant come to watch the game but someone paying £22 for that match can.

Like it or not, ST holders are the bedrock of the clubs annual income.

This idea is a non starter

danhibees1875
03-07-2020, 07:24 AM
There should be some allowances made for walk ups if possible

Of course, we should get as many fans as we can into the ground. If we're allowed 12k and we have 10k season ticket holders then we can have 2k walk ups.

Juniper Greens
03-07-2020, 07:26 AM
I am not a season ticket holder. I do not feel I should be allowed in until all season ticket holders are back.

I do think I should be able to buy the games online though until people are going back to ground. I will pay my share even if it is overpriced.

When season tickets start going to games. The club will then be able to sell the streams that would be used by them. Sky cap it at season tickets (higher of this year and last year). That'll be where Hibs income will come. Selling streams to fans once say 5,000 are allowed into the ground

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Everybody's entitled to their viewpoint.

No matter how crazy.

:wink:

04Sauzee
03-07-2020, 07:34 AM

Thanks but as they would say in dragons den I'll tell you where I'm at. I'm out. I hope that would never be considered

Sir David Gray
03-07-2020, 07:35 AM

Absolutely not.

I've been supportive of the deadlines being extended and I actually feel today's deadline should be extended again until we have the fixtures published.

However once fans are allowed, if the numbers are restricted then it HAS to only be season ticket holders who are allowed in. Once all season ticket holders are back then we can look at non season ticket holders.

What I do agree with is that the closed door games should be available for non season ticket holders to buy on a game by game basis and should cost the same price as an adult walk up price did for the same game last season (Dundee Utd should be category B pricing).

Bostonhibby
03-07-2020, 07:37 AM

I'm in the same situation as you because of distance, and share your view as well. A necessary reality in these extraordinary times unfortunately.

I say this having spent the price of a season ticket many times over following Hibs last season and currently funding 2 season tickets. Buying the games online would be huge.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Numptie
03-07-2020, 07:38 AM
I don't see a problem with selling the streamed games at £22/£25 a game and let everyone without a season ticket pay-per view. I already watch some Hibs away games on pay-per-view through NOW TV and this is only £6/£8. We should also be able to watch away game streams at a high price - all money for the clubs.

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 07:50 AM
How about building a giant screen at Leith Links and live streaming the home games to walk-ups.

Alex Trager
03-07-2020, 07:53 AM

I won’t be able to get a ST this year but I don’t think non ST’s should get access over ST’s.

But I am hoping that hibs announce some sort of package so we can buy ‘tickets’ to watch the games.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2020, 07:58 AM

You want to tell people who have bought a ticket for an event that they can’t come because you want to sell more tickets for the event? Any idea how crazy that sounds?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
03-07-2020, 07:59 AM
The conditions will dictated how many fans are permitted in the the stadium when fans are finally allowed to return. If we are playing at ER and 1 metre distance is applied then that more or less covers our 10000 ST holders. That would be fair.
However, Leeann Dempster has said our preference would be to go to Murrayfield in these circumstances. That being the case then there would be more than enough space for ticket sales to anyone that wanted them.
Personally, I believe that the priority is all about catering fir home support. Until that is satisfied there should be no consideration given to away fans

Ozyhibby
03-07-2020, 07:59 AM
How about building a giant screen at Leith Links and live streaming the home games to walk-ups.

Yeh, let’s have giant crowds in Leith links. Should be no problem. I had heard the virus only spreads in stadiums, not public parks.

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 08:01 AM
Yeh, let’s have giant crowds in Leith links. Should be no problem. I had heard the virus only spreads in stadiums, not public parks.

Cool, do you fancy a job selling the ice cream?

:aok:

Ozyhibby
03-07-2020, 08:02 AM
I don't see a problem with selling the streamed games at £22/£25 a game and let everyone without a season ticket pay-per view. I already watch some Hibs away games on pay-per-view through NOW TV and this is only £6/£8. We should also be able to watch away game streams at a high price - all money for the clubs.

I think the deal with Sky only covers season ticket holders. Sky don’t want people spending their disposable income on football they are not screening.

jingler1954
03-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Would it be possible for season ticket holders, who can't go to all the games for whatever reason to inform the ticket office and sell to say a waiting list of fans who wish to buy a ticket. It would maximize income from the games when fans are allowed back.

Peevemor
03-07-2020, 08:10 AM
I would imagine that Hibs have a limit set on the number of STs available (90% of home capacity?).

Why not apply the same ratio to restricted attendances, ie. 90% STs & 10% walk-ups.

STs are important but walk ups bring in vital cash throughout the season.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2020, 08:13 AM
I would imagine that Hibs have a limit set on the number of STs available (90% of home capacity?).

Why not apply the same ratio to restricted attendances, ie. 90% STs & 10% walk-ups.

Not going to happen. I bought my season ticket and I expect that to give me priority access to games over people who don’t buy a season ticket. Especially this year when I purchased it knowing it would be terrible value for money.

Golden Bear
03-07-2020, 08:16 AM
The Club has got to make every effort to maximise their income and I don't doubt for a minute that non season ticket holders will also get the opportunity to see as many "live" Hibs games as possible - whether it is via satellite tv, Hibs TV or whatever.

PeeKay
03-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Would it be possible for season ticket holders, who can't go to all the games for whatever reason to inform the ticket office and sell to say a waiting list of fans who wish to buy a ticket. It would maximize income from the games when fans are allowed back.

Totally agree with this. I bought an ST this season knowing that I will not actually be able to get to many games. The club already allow ST seats to be freed up for high demand games. This should be extended to all games, though not with any refund to ST holder.

B.H.F.C
03-07-2020, 08:19 AM
The Club has got to make every effort to maximise their income and I don't doubt for a minute that non season ticket holders will also get the opportunity to see as many "live" Hibs games as possible - whether it is via satellite tv, Hibs TV or whatever.

They will get an opportunity as and when that opportunity exists.

That opportunity will be in addition to, not instead of, anyone who has bought a season ticket though.

Peevemor
03-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Not going to happen. I bought my season ticket and I expect that to give me priority access to games over people who don’t buy a season ticket. Especially this year when I purchased it knowing it would be terrible value for money.

I understand 100%

When I lived in Edinburgh I attended 80%+ of all Hibs matches, home & away, but never had a season ticket. Due to other commitments I couldn't make Saturday matches at the beginning and end of the season. I would have argued that I merited my place as much as the vast majority of supporters.

It's difficult to keep everyone happy.

MWHIBBIES
03-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Absolutely not. Season ticket holders rightfully deserve priority.

davhibby
03-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Hopefully we take up the Murrayfield option we have and then in the scenario described in the op where we could say get 7k fans into ER we’d be able to fit the full capacity of ER in to Murrayfield and nobody would be missing out

Golden Bear
03-07-2020, 09:23 AM
They will get an opportunity as and when that opportunity exists.

That opportunity will be in addition to, not instead of, anyone who has bought a season ticket though.

Agreed

However ,the possibility of extra income will be the driving force to ensure that the opportunity does exist.

matty_f
03-07-2020, 09:27 AM
I can’t see that it would be anything other than seriously damaging to the season ticket proposition if Hibs kept season ticket holders out to accommodate walk-ups. Where’s the incentive to buy next season, there’s supporting the club financially but you’re not going to use that method if you feel your money’s been taken and you’ve not got the service you paid for.

03-07-2020, 09:34 AM

The club aren't going to go back on something they've promised.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

"All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so."

Beefster
03-07-2020, 09:37 AM
I understand 100%

When I lived in Edinburgh I attended 80%+ of all Hibs matches, home & away, but never had a season ticket. Due to other commitments I couldn't make Saturday matches at the beginning and end of the season. I would have argued that I merited my place as much as the vast majority of supporters.

It's difficult to keep everyone happy.

If you were including ST holders in the ‘vast majority’, your argument would have been wrong imho. Lots of supporters buy a ST even although they know that they won’t make even 80% of games. In fact, almost 10k have done it this year.

Like it or not, the fact is that ST holders are the ‘premier’ tier of attendees (leaving aside hospitality, who are the real premier). Attendees who don’t commit financially up front for whatever reason are important to the club, just not as important.

I appreciate that there are lots of reasons for not buying a ticket and lots of supporters contribute in other ways btw.

Antifa Hibs
03-07-2020, 09:41 AM

Why would they piss off someone who has paid £400+ so someone can potentially pay £25?

Do we do the same for the next game at Tynie or Hampden? ST's get 90% but keep 10% back for any old random?

Peevemor
03-07-2020, 09:41 AM
If you were including ST holders in the ‘vast majority’, your argument would have been wrong imho. Lots of supporters buy a ST even although they know that they won’t make even 80% of games. In fact, almost 10k have done it this year.

This definitely wasn't the case up until I left Edinburgh 16 years ago.

Like it or not, the fact is that ST holders are the ‘premier’ tier of attendees (leaving aside hospitality, who are the real premier). Attendees who don’t commit financially up front for whatever reason are important to the club, just not as important.

I appreciate that there are lots of reasons for not buying a ticket and lots of supporters contribute in other ways btw.

I agree with what your saying. The only point I'm making is that it's impossible to please everyone.

Borderhibbie76
03-07-2020, 09:46 AM
I was all set to renew my ST this week but sadly I was made redundant on Tuesday so just cannot fork out for a ST at this time as not going to be easy finding another job in current climate. I would however be willing to pay 20 to 25 quid to watch a live stream for time being

lyonhibs
03-07-2020, 01:35 PM
ST holders should always get a layer of priority above non ST holders when demand will or is likely to outstrip supply, and I say that as a non ST holder.

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Imagine you paid for a Ryanair flight well in advance and it's now fully booked.

Ryanair then phones you up the day before you're due to fly and says...

"We realise you've paid for your seats a few months back but some of our regular customers got in touch with us yesterday and said they now want to fly.

So we're taking their money, giving them your seats... and you're not getting any money back.

You have to remember, we appreciate the loyalty of our customers.

Have a nice day."

Sir David Gray
03-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Imagine you paid for a Ryanair flight well in advance and it's now fully booked.

"We realise you've paid for your seats a few months back but some of our regular customers got in touch with us yesterday and said they now want to fly.

So we're taking their money, giving them your seats... and you're not getting any money back.

Have a nice day."

I can actually see Ryanair doing something like that. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
03-07-2020, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Peevemor;6224777]This definitely wasn't the case up until I left Edinburgh 16 years ago.

That would only ‘definitely‘ be the case for you or your experience. Plenty buy season tickets each year knowing they are not making 100% of the games and that goes a lot further back than 16 years.

Nice sentiment from the OP by the way but it would start a “loyalty points” type war our that our ticket office, it’s admin and our PR department could never hope to cope with.

Brightside
03-07-2020, 07:24 PM

No chance. If numbers are limited STs come first. There must be a clear benefit for buying them.

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 07:57 PM
I can actually see Ryanair doing something like that. :greengrin

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me either

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-07-2020, 08:23 PM
We need every fan we can get

Juniper Greens
03-07-2020, 08:23 PM
The key points are.
Hibs are limited to just under 13,000 streaming codes (by sky)
10,200 season ticket holders will get one each, even when there are multiple holders per household (again, what sky said)
Hibs will have 2,800 remaining codes and likely 10,000 or so people looking for them. Given the fact that season ticket holders have paid £25-30 per game for a code, I'd imagine Hibs will pitch ppv at a similar rate and quite possibly sell about 2,500.
When fans are allowed in, it'll be season ticket holders first. At current guidelines, it might be 50% ST holders one week, 50% the next. When this happens, Hibs will all of a sudden have an extra 5,000 streaming codes available. I would expect these might be sold for something more like £15-if sky allow streaming when some fans are back

Iggy Pope
03-07-2020, 08:37 PM
We need every fan we can get

Best practice is never to alienate the fans that we have.

O'Rourke3
03-07-2020, 08:40 PM
You want to tell people who have bought a ticket for an event that they can’t come because you want to sell more tickets for the event? Any idea how crazy that sounds?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAirlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
03-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Best practice is never to alienate the fans that we have.

Agreed, but I really hope people don't blame Hibs if they can't see games. The club's hands are tied to a degree

Iggy Pope
03-07-2020, 09:09 PM
Agreed, but I really hope people don't blame Hibs if they can't see games. The club's hands are tied to a degree

Their hands are tied to their ST holders and as far as home games go they’ll need to ensure they are looked after first. I’m sure they will.

Iggy Pope
03-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Airlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

Ever been denied your seat on the plane on that basis?

The Spaceman
03-07-2020, 09:59 PM
Would rather those who have stepped forward to support the club in the most difficult circumstances are rewarded with access to any future games 100% of the time ahead of any walk up. That's why you buy a Season Ticket. If you don't buy a Season Ticket and you don't get to see the games for a while, I am afraid that was your choice.

Bobby's Cinema
03-07-2020, 10:55 PM

Have a nice day."
And I think if Ryan air turned round and said “thanks for paying £400 in flights. Unfortunately not all of your flights will take place, but please if you can afford to still pay us then please do we’d really appreciate it GGTTRA” The numbers taking up refunds would be a hell of a lot higher than 15%.

I feel the loyalty point debate coming on.

ian cruise
03-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Not a season ticket holder and while I appreciate the OP is making a suggestion to help those who couldn't afford a season ticket personally I wouldn't feel comfortable taking the place of someone who's bought one. It's the bedrock of our finances and we need to look after those that commit the cash upfront now more than ever. I empathise with anyone who missed out on a season ticket due to their financial situation but hopefully they're happy the club is in a strong position financially that it will be there when non season ticket holders are allowed back in.

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2020, 01:32 AM
I have every sympathy with the sentiment of the OP there has to be folk out there who are regular ST holders who through no fault of their own just can't commit to buying one just now. The same goes for folk who go to as many games as they can afford during the season but who cant afford a season ticket even with the payment plan, not forgetting folk who can't go to every game because of work or whatever. Nobody can dispute their loyalty to the club.

But the hard truth is that for Hibs, just like every other club, season ticket holders are their lifeblood, they practically have no option other than to put them first and if Murrayfield turns out not to be an option then there wont be anything like enough room we have for the 10,000 we have now with social distancing, never mind walk ups. In short, noble sentiment though it is, there is absolutely no chance that Hibs will bump ST holders to accommodate walk ups.

hibee-boys
04-07-2020, 07:07 AM
The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.

Lee Marvin
04-07-2020, 07:16 AM
There is literally no chance of this happening. Zero. Nor should there be.

Keith_M
04-07-2020, 07:56 AM
I've given this a little more thought and decided, after much deliberation, that it's up there as one of the most stupid ideas ever posted on DotNet (and there's been lots of competition).

The dalmeny
04-07-2020, 08:01 AM

Have a nice day."

not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I, but I get your drift

The dalmeny
04-07-2020, 08:03 AM
The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.

Agree this would be the way forward, the only other option is to restrict the sales of ST so there will be space for individual tickets but as, financially, that’s not a great idea and there’s no idea what the initial capacity will be doubt it will happen

Garibaldis
04-07-2020, 08:05 AM
I'd love to see Easter Road full every game. To the stage we only give the Old Firm half the stand.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2020, 08:06 AM
not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I

Which is completely different to the example given.

Garibaldis
04-07-2020, 08:10 AM
not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I

Shambles on their behalf but how did they go about selecting people to not travel?

Bobby's Cinema
04-07-2020, 08:29 AM
This is the way forward

Eyrie
04-07-2020, 09:09 AM

Hibs would need to do something along those lines if Easter Road reopens with a reduced capacity, but it will be to determine which season ticket holders get into the match.

If fans are allowed to attend but in reduced numbers, then the total permitted attendance will inevitably be less than the number of season tickets sold. So Hibs would need to assign games to each of us, and we would then advise whether we could attend. If we can't, then that seat can be offered to another season ticket holder and there are enough of them that it would never be vacant for a walk up to purchase.

I don't see walk ups getting back until the ground is fully re-opened, which is hard on them but it's only fair to prioritise those who have purchased season tickets up front with no guarantee of being allowed to attend.

The dalmeny
04-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Which is completely different to the example given.

close enough

The dalmeny
04-07-2020, 09:29 AM
Shambles on their behalf but how did they go about selecting people to not travel?

yip especially as it was the flight home. There were about 6 folk in total affected, we’d all booked very early to get cheap flights maybe 6 months in advance. I suspect that had something to do with it. We did get alternative flights back. Sort of like getting a ticket to ER but getting sent to Tynie lol.

Keith_M
04-07-2020, 09:31 AM
not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I, but I get your drift

it's exactly the same scenario as the one proposed by the OP.

Whether or not Ryanair has a practice of overselling flights in the hope that a few people don't turn up is irrelevant.

But if you like, I could switch it to Lufthansa...

Ozyhibby
04-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Airlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

And when airlines do it you are refunded or found a new flight. I doubt Hibs want to start refunding season tickets or directing fans to other games of football.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2020, 09:33 AM
close enough

It’s nothing like it mate, airlines and hotels regularly oversell seats or rooms, hotels will then try to place you in another hotel once you arrive and airlines will offer you a later flight and or compensation. The scenario given was nothing like that. Sorry to be pedantic, I’ll bow out now 👍

Keith_M
04-07-2020, 09:34 AM
And when airlines do it you are refunded or found a new flight. I doubt Hibs want to start refunding season tickets or directing fans to other games of football.

"Sorry, we've sold your seat that you just paid £400 for to somebody else, but here's a taxi to take you to the Toni Macaroni arena..."

"Have a nice day!"

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2020, 09:35 AM
"Sorry, we've sold your seat that you just paid £400 for to somebody else, but here's a taxi to take you to the Toni Macaroni arena..."

"Have a nice day!"

😂

StevieT
04-07-2020, 09:43 AM

How do you manage to watch the games on NOW TV?

The dalmeny
04-07-2020, 09:52 AM
It’s nothing like it mate, airlines and hotels regularly oversell seats or rooms, hotels will then try to place you in another hotel once you arrive and airlines will offer you a later flight and or compensation. The scenario given was nothing like that. Sorry to be pedantic, I’ll bow out now 👍

no huff taken

Weegreenman
04-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
We’ve sold 10k
that leaves 10k
approx 4K away fans. Half that for diddy clubs.
that leaves approx 5k

Obs hospitality needs added but ultimately there will be plenty tickets for supporters to just rock up.

I don’t see the need for all the fuss.

We rarely have full attendance sell outs apart from the odd derby.

I don’t see any supporters inside Easter Road until after the year.

BlackSheep
04-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
We’ve sold 10k
that leaves 10k
that leaves approx 5k

Obs hospitality needs added but ultimately there will be plenty tickets for supporters to just rock up.

The one aspect of your logic that you are missing is that any fans in the stadium in the coming months will be at a social distance!! The stadium can hold 20k with everyone sitting together... you can immediately half that with social distancing.

So ultimately, non season ticket holders will have to wait and watch from home. Sorry but thems the breaks. A ST is not a right, it’s a privilege and those who are in a position to commit to a ST should be rewarded for that.

Tambo
04-07-2020, 04:51 PM
I hope something can be worked out for the first few months regarding non-season ticket holders, would rather give hibs the money than use an illegal stream.

Brightside
04-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
We’ve sold 10k
that leaves 10k
that leaves approx 5k

We wont see any away fans for along time. We are talking about if we are only allowing 10k for example into the ground due to social distancing etc.

Keith_M
04-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
We’ve sold 10k
that leaves 10k
that leaves approx 5k

All very logical, for a normal situation.

But the discussion was about what would happen if only a limited number of the seats, e.g. 25%, were able to be used.