PDA

View Full Version : Could Hearts go into administration again?

fiolex1
02-07-2020, 08:34 AM
If Hearts lose the big court case and don’t get their £8 million compensation, get further sanctions from the SPFL in fines or further demotion down the leagues? Can they survive?
They’re desperate for us to go into administration and are gloating about Wigan FC

CB_NO3
02-07-2020, 08:36 AM
With the handouts they get and the FOH money the answer is no. Hibs wont be going into administration, Hearts wont be going into administration. Leave that chat to the freaks on KB.

On a separate note, they will not be getting £8M or even close to it should they win, lose or draw the case.

CentreLine
02-07-2020, 08:38 AM
With the handouts they get and the FOH money the answer is no. Hibs wont be going into administration, Hearts wont be going into administration. Leave that chat to the freaks on KB.

On a separate note, they will not be getting £8M or even close to it should they win, lose or draw the case.

Totally agree but I can't help but feel that Partick have put themselves in a precarious position though

Pagan Hibernia
02-07-2020, 08:53 AM
They’ll be alright, and so will we.

they've actually managed to convince themselves over there that we’re going bump any day now. As I’ve said before they’re like a weird cult. Obsessive hatred can do strange things to people.

Keith_M
02-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Hearts are not going into administration anytime soon.

Betty Boop
02-07-2020, 09:01 AM

Exactly wishful thinking on our part.

The Baldmans Comb
02-07-2020, 09:06 AM

Exactly.

They hit the players early and hard with wage cuts, they have strong season tickets sales based on adversity, FOH is a very professionally run organisation which generates £1.5m of free money and their mysterious benefactors are still around.

No point pretending otherwise but they are going to romp that league though it will still be fun looking out for the Alloa or Arbroath games.

Since452
02-07-2020, 09:21 AM
They will have to make significant cost reductions like the rest of us but can't see administration

Jim44
02-07-2020, 09:28 AM
Isn’t Benny Factor their insurance policy against administration? I imagine that’s what they will think. Their contingency begging bowl.

The Modfather
02-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Aren’t these type of threads where you post what you want to happen and pass that off as fact rather than it being based on reality. That’s certainly how it works on kickback anyway.

So, tick tock etc ...

Eyrie
02-07-2020, 09:52 AM
I don't want Hearts to go into administration as that would let them evade paying the legal costs of the SPFL and the three targeted clubs once this case is heard.

Bostonhibby
02-07-2020, 09:56 AM
I don't want Hearts to go into administration as that would let them evade paying the legal costs of the SPFL and the three targeted clubs once this case is heard.They've got form for going into administration to avoid paying hundreds of creditors millions of pounds, but I don't see it happening this time as they have lots of other people's money this time and the givers don't seem to care what happens to the money.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
02-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Aren’t these type of threads where you post what you want to happen and pass that off as fact rather than it being based on reality. That’s certainly how it works on kickback anyway.

So, tick tock etc ...

So, a meteorite is currently heading straight for Tynecastle and, sadly, their insurance doesn't cover accidents like that.

Fortunately it's due to hit at midnight, so nobody will be hurt.

erin go bragh
02-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Exactly.

They hit the players early and hard with wage cuts, they have strong season tickets sales based on adversity, FOH is a very professionally run organisation which generates £1.5m of free money and their mysterious benefactors are still around.

No point pretending otherwise but they are going to romp that league though it will still be fun looking out for the Alloa or Arbroath games.
Yes but when the players agreed a wage cut it was inserted that if they went down , they wouldn’t lose any more pay . They have a huge squad and Boyce and Naismith are getting a fair chunk of that £1.5 m alone . Hearts lose this court case and they could be looking at a heavy fine (1m) expulsion from the Scottish cup and a transfer ban .
So all is not rosy but they try and deflect all the above by making up crap about us going in to admin .

LancsHibs
02-07-2020, 11:20 AM
Isn’t Benny Factor their insurance policy against administration? I imagine that’s what they will think. Their contingency begging bowl.

The trouble with mysterious Benny Factor is you didn’t know when the money will either run out or dry up. No matter how much of a supporter Benny is he/she must be sick of seeing money wasted and I’m sure they would rather it be spent on other things other than litigation.
I can see another sad ending for them or amusing ending for me depending how you view it

Rumble de Thump
02-07-2020, 11:30 AM
Any club that relies on multi-million pound donations every year could go bust at any time. Gretna are a prime example of how quickly it can all turn sour, and that was with the actual owner pumping the money in. They're in an absolute mess and it's only going to get worse for them. But, as always, their desire to pretend to be bigger than they actually are puts their very existence in danger.

allezsauzee
02-07-2020, 11:48 AM
I don't really get the delight that anyone would feel over any football club going into administration, whether it's Wigan or Hearts. The effects go way further than just the club itself getting docked a few points and being the object of ridicule. Plenty people who are trying to make a living that supply these clubs lose out.

HFC93
02-07-2020, 11:48 AM
If Hearts lose the big court case and don’t get their £8 million compensation, get further sanctions from the SPFL in fines or further demotion down the leagues? Can they survive?
They’re desperate for us to go into administration and are gloating about Wigan FC

They won't go in to admin.

FilipinoHibs
02-07-2020, 11:56 AM
The trouble with mysterious Benny Factor is you didn’t know when the money will either run out or dry up. No matter how much of a supporter Benny is he/she must be sick of seeing money wasted and I’m sure they would rather it be spent on other things other than litigation.
I can see another sad ending for them or amusing ending for me depending how you view it

I think he will have significant money in his funds. As CapitalGreen said earlier he was cutting back on the charity giveaways and Hearts were down the list of good causes. This is when the markets crashed as Covid 19 took off. Of course there has been a sharp rise in stocks with his Tech shares leading the way. Another sharp fall in shares - which I think will happen - will see the Benny pot dry up.

wookie70
02-07-2020, 12:04 PM
All down to Ben E Factor imo. They are not guaranteed promotion next year as that league is tough and teh truncated season will suit smaller clubs. They cut wages early which is good for the balance sheet but may have an effect on player performance. Admin for them is a way of running from debt with minimum consequence. We are a bit away from that but if they don't get promotion then it may well be a possibility

JeMeSouviens
02-07-2020, 12:09 PM
What's the story with debt to Budgie? Do they still owe her £Ms? Can't see her writing it off or accepting p in £ that admin would bring.

Of course, she's a secured creditor though. I've started forgetting the stuff I learned about insolvency from the Huns thread. :wink:

FilipinoHibs
02-07-2020, 12:10 PM
All down to Ben E Factor imo. They are not guaranteed promotion next year as that league is tough and teh truncated season will suit smaller clubs. They cut wages early which is good for the balance sheet but may have an effect on player performance. Admin for them is a way of running from debt with minimum consequence. We are a bit away from that but if they don't get promotion then it may well be a possibility

There debts are limited to Budge, her brother and the players' wages. On falling income Budge as owner will be liable for the wages - think the handover of shares will be further delayed. Self-admin gets her out of that but a buyer must make good the wages. If the Benny pot dies run dry, this is a potential scenario.

Hibs Class
02-07-2020, 12:13 PM
I'd doubt admin for them too, on basis that I don't believe they have been able to borrow any significant amount since their last admin so they shouldn't have much debt. They will have to cut costs significantly though, and I think they're starting from a more profligate position so it'll hurt them more.

H18 SFR
02-07-2020, 12:26 PM
There is absolutely no chance that they will go into administration.

Their fans have a solid record of mobilising when in need and Benny Anderson loves helping them out.

They might feel the pinch but no way they’re going into admin.

JDT
02-07-2020, 12:34 PM
Serious question. Why are hearts happy that Wigan went into administration?

Rumble de Thump
02-07-2020, 12:39 PM
There is absolutely no chance that they will go into administration.

Their fans have a solid record of mobilising when in need and Benny Anderson loves helping them out.

They might feel the pinch but no way they’re going into admin.

Recent history shows Hearts fans let their club go into admin.

Since452
02-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Because they want all he diddy clubs that voted against reconstruction to go bust. Wigan won't be seeing their maroon pound. They aren't the brightest remember.

fiolex1
02-07-2020, 12:52 PM

Go over the Kickback and you’ll read some of the weird and wonderful reasons. Some nut job thinks that Hearts could take their place!

Keith_M
02-07-2020, 01:49 PM
I don't really get the delight that anyone would feel over any football club going into administration, whether it's Wigan or Hearts. The effects go way further than just the club itself getting docked a few points and being the object of ridicule. Plenty people who are trying to make a living that supply these clubs lose out.

How many local businesses would go bust and how many jobs would be lost if Hearts went into Administration?*

:dunno:

I wouldn't have thought it would be all that many.

* As almost everybody has already said, this is all theoretical as they're not going into Admin.

EI255
02-07-2020, 01:51 PM
They will have to make significant cost reductions like the rest of us but can't see administrationLike signing Craig Gordon?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

JDT
02-07-2020, 06:50 PM
Go over the Kickback and you’ll read some of the weird and wonderful reasons. Some nut job thinks that Hearts could take their place!

Against my nature I just had a look and they really are a bitter and deluded bunch. Still upset over the Andy Webster thing it seems

Jim44
03-07-2020, 08:40 AM

No material reason for their glee in Wigan’s demise but I think they will be ecstatic that the financial climate for football in general is a concern. Their attitude seems to be, ‘if we’re going through a hard time, we’ll drag everybody else down with us’. Anti-football morons.

Col2
05-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Back to the original point: from what I understand this will be an option considered once they get zero £££ from the SFA Enquiry. It’s the only feasible way to slash the cost down or accept massive losses. Remember we are saying we are likely to be £5m down. They will be a lot more with a much higher cost base.

Brummie_Hibs
05-07-2020, 09:51 AM
I know it is a little far fetched, but I do wonder if Anderson has an eye on ousting Budge and taking over the reigns?

Hes already won over Scottish football with his donation. Is he now giving her the rope to to hang herself and take Hearts to the brink of Admin, where he can then nip in and save them. Double hero.

maturehibby
05-07-2020, 12:05 PM
My neighbour says that there is another Benny Factor in a Dubai based multi millionaire who is desperate to donate to them
There seems to be a conveyor belt of philanthropic jambos .
It amazes me that these people have the Business acumen to earn billions but are stupid enough to want to throw it away in Hearts direction

Eyrie
05-07-2020, 12:33 PM
My neighbour says that there is another Benny Factor in a Dubai based multi millionaire who is desperate to donate to them
There seems to be a conveyor belt of philanthropic jambos .
It amazes me that these people have the Business acumen to earn billions but are stupid enough to want to throw it away in Hearts direction

Exactly.

You'd think they'd want to see their money being spent wisely and improving their team, as opposed to be wasted on an incomplete overbudget stand and overpaid underperforming players.

SuperAllyMcleod
05-07-2020, 01:15 PM

I think it’s due to Andy Webster. They sold him to Wigan who then sold him to The Rangers said months later.

Or something like that - could be because they have an ‘i’, an ‘a’ and an ‘n’ in their name and so do Hibs. [emoji2369]

Since90+2
05-07-2020, 01:32 PM

Is the Championship really a tough league next season? Dundee United absolutely romped that league and we were clearly a far superior side to them when we played them last season. If Inverness and Dundee finished miles behind that same Dundee United side I can't see how it's going to be a tough league.

Criswell
06-07-2020, 12:35 AM
They've got a thirty page orgasmic fantasyfest!!! over there about us going bust. Their obsession with us is taking lunacy to levels beyond imagination.

Spike Mandela
07-07-2020, 01:37 PM
They will have to make significant cost reductions like the rest of us but can't see administration

That’s what they and Rangers SHOULD do. I’ts just not in their DNA though. They will keep overspending other peoples money and when it goes pear shaped they’ll play the victim.

Since452
07-07-2020, 02:12 PM
Is the Championship really a tough league next season? Dundee United absolutely romped that league and we were clearly a far superior side to them when we played them last season. If Inverness and Dundee finished miles behind that same Dundee United side I can't see how it's going to be a tough league.

We beat the first and second best teams in the Championship with relative ease last season. Dundee United should have been nowhere near a replay in the cup and we are an average Premiership side. The last decent Championship involved us, Rangers and Falkirk imo. I'd be amazed if Hearts didn't romp it.

jacomo
07-07-2020, 03:07 PM
They've got a thirty page orgasmic fantasyfest!!! over there about us going bust. Their obsession with us is taking lunacy to levels beyond imagination.

Apparently they need to keep us in line, because we refuse to acknowledge reality.

Hearts refuse to acknowledge they got relegated, but maybe in their alternate reality something else happened?

lucky
07-07-2020, 04:38 PM
If they go bust again then it’s FoH that lose out as they own the club even though Budge has not handed over control yet. But I doubt they go bust again as there appears to be a lot money being pumped into them. But how does financial fair play actually work? They seem to just get donations and no one questions it.

CockneyRebel
07-07-2020, 05:09 PM
If they go bust again then it’s FoH that lose out as they own the club even though Budge has not handed over control yet. But I doubt they go bust again as there appears to be a lot money being pumped into them. But how does financial fair play actually work? They seem to just get donations and no one questions it.

It is not in play in Scotland.

Bristolhibby
07-07-2020, 05:14 PM
What's the story with debt to Budgie? Do they still owe her £Ms? Can't see her writing it off or accepting p in £ that admin would bring.

Of course, she's a secured creditor though. I've started forgetting the stuff I learned about insolvency from the Huns thread. :wink:

What thread was the Huns thread?

I presume a short and to the point thread that we would have missed?

J

Bostonhibby
07-07-2020, 05:19 PM
At the very least they might look to defer completing the megastand for a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
07-07-2020, 05:34 PM
I wouldn’t want to see them go into administration.

Let’s face it, supporting Hibs wouldn’t be as good without a HMFC. Genuinely gutted they aren’t in the fixture list this season.

Sure I’ve had my fun with banter to my Jambo pals but let’s no kid ourselves and the very same applies to them regards us.

nonshinyfinish
07-07-2020, 05:36 PM

It is not in play in Scotland.

And even if they qualified for Europe, AFAIK the amounts donated by benefactors are within the allowed limits.

weecounty hibby
07-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Let’s face it, supporting Hibs wouldn’t be as good without a HMFC. Genuinely gutted they aren’t in the fixture list this season.

Sure I’ve had my fun with banter to my Jambo pals but let’s no kid ourselves and the very same applies to them regards us.
Sorry but for me the way they have behaved over the last 6 months. In fact scratch that. For the way they have behaved over the last 40 years I would not shed a tear if they were to go tits up. Club and fans, not all but a lot, are an absolute disgrace and would be more than happy to see others go out of business. Hearts as a club are actually pursuing that as a strategy at the moment with this court nonsense. They have increasingly gotten more and more out of touch with reality and a wee dose of back down to earth wouldnt do them any harm. The folk I would feel sorry for would once again be the multiple small businesses, organisations and charities that would once again be shafted with no second thought. So sorry, not for me.

greenginger
07-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Budge isn’t a secured creditor. Her company Bidco1874 is the secured creditor but that wouldn’t cover her personal loan.

Talking of Bidco, they still haven’t lodged their 2019 accounts . They were originally due at 31st March but they claimed the 3 month Covid extension making them due on 30th June

Not lodged yet, and a red flag against the company on the Companies House site.

I don’t suppose it’s anything other than the multi tasker having filed the accounts in her “order the seats “ file. :greengrin

Sammy7nil
07-07-2020, 05:44 PM
Like signing Craig Gordon?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

And paying compensation for Captain Caveman

Billy Whizz
07-07-2020, 05:44 PM
Budge isn’t a secured creditor. Her company Bidco1874 is the secured creditor but that wouldn’t cover her personal loan.

Talking of Bidco, they still haven’t lodged their 2019 accounts . They were originally due at 31st March but they claimed the 3 month Covid extension making them due on 30th June

Not lodged yet, and a red flag against the company on the Companies House site.

I don’t suppose it’s anything other than the multi tasker having filed the accounts in her “order the seats “ file. :greengrin

What are you expecting to see😄

tamig
07-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Sorry but for me the way they have behaved over the last 6 months. In fact scratch that. For the way they have behaved over the last 40 years I would not shed a tear if they were to go tits up. Club and fans, not all but a lot, are an absolute disgrace and would be more than happy to see others go out of business. Hearts as a club are actually pursuing that as a strategy at the moment with this court nonsense. They have increasingly gotten more and more out of touch with reality and a wee dose of back down to earth wouldnt do them any harm. The folk I would feel sorry for would once again be the multiple small businesses, organisations and charities that would once again be shafted with no second thought. So sorry, not for me.

I’d love to see them wiped from the face of this earth never to return. I wouldn’t miss them one bit.

green day
07-07-2020, 05:51 PM
I’d love to see them wiped from the face of this earth never to return. I wouldn’t miss them one bit.

Aye, me too Tam - they are really getting on my tits now.

greenginger
07-07-2020, 06:27 PM
What are you expecting to see😄

Who knows ? Why weren’t they just filed at 31st March , that was a full 9 months from their year end.

And another week late after a 3 month extension . It’s not as if she hasn’t got professional companies doing all the work.

Gerard
07-07-2020, 06:29 PM
Time will tell regarding their financial situation
If they need more money they have HOMFC to use.

CropleyWasGod
07-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Who knows ? Why weren’t they just filed at 31st March , that was a full 9 months from their year end.

And another week late after a 3 month extension . It’s not as if she hasn’t got professional companies doing all the work.

The audit fee is 70% over budget, and it's not finished yet. They also forgot to order batteries for the calculators.

1875godsgift
08-07-2020, 12:34 AM
I think it’s due to Andy Webster. They sold him to Wigan who then sold him to The Rangers said months later.

Or something like that - could be because they have an ‘i’, an ‘a’ and an ‘n’ in their name and so do Hibs. [emoji2369]

I doubt they have the cognitive ability to see the connection.

Scott Allan Key
08-07-2020, 02:18 AM
So, a meteorite is currently heading straight for Tynecastle and, sadly, their insurance doesn't cover accidents like that.

Fortunately it's due to hit at midnight, so nobody will be hurt.Nobody but the clappers on the plaza.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Since452
08-07-2020, 05:21 AM

I'd happily see them go bust and dissspaer forever to be honest. In fact I'd love it. Hibs don't need them.

green day
08-07-2020, 07:13 AM
I'd happily see them go bust and dissspaer forever to be honest. In fact I'd love it. Hibs don't need them.

After their recent behaviour - likewise.

But its really unlikely, given their ST numbers, FoH donators and James Anderson cash.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2020, 11:10 AM
After their recent behaviour - likewise.

But its really unlikely, given their ST numbers, FoH donators and James Anderson cash.

If the markets tank the Benny's cash will dry up for Hearts as CapitalGreen reported in March when they crashed.

Just now markets are predicting a V shape recovery where it actually looks like being a Nike tick. So we are in for a big correction and the Benny cash will be gone. Hearts will struggle then.

jacomo
08-07-2020, 12:21 PM
If the markets tank the Benny's cash will dry up for Hearts as CapitalGreen reported in March when they crashed.

Just now markets are predicting a V shape recovery where it actually looks like being a Nike tick. So we are in for a big correction and the Benny cash will be gone. Hearts will struggle then.

I believe we heard all this before James Anderson made his £3m donation. I think he’s doing ok.

WhileTheChief..
08-07-2020, 12:27 PM

Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of Bailie Gifford’s business.

I reckon James Anderson probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.

Kato
08-07-2020, 05:50 PM
...or...

Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of RBS’s business.

I reckon Fred Goodwin probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.

Dashing Bob S
08-07-2020, 08:08 PM

If you don’t get it there’s no point in me trying to explain it to you.

tamig
08-07-2020, 09:01 PM
...or...

Sorry not sure I get this one.

Kato
08-07-2020, 09:29 PM
Sorry not sure I get this one.People say the same thing about any financier who is currently top of the pile. Hes just as likely to come unstuck as any of them. They are gambling on the markets, like Fred the Shred, a big shot who came unstuck but was said to be untouchable.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

tamig
08-07-2020, 10:17 PM
People say the same thing about any financier who is currently top of the pile. Hes just as likely to come unstuck as any of them. They are gambling on the markets, like Fred the Shred, a big shot who came unstuck but was said to be untouchable.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Goodwin wasn’t a fund manager though. He was an egotistical chief exec. I think Anderson’s record over a long period of time speaks for itself. I don’t see him as a Goodwin style fly-by-night. And I used to work for Goodwin.

jacomo
08-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Goodwin wasn’t a fund manager though. He was an egotistical chief exec. I think Anderson’s record over a long period of time speaks for itself. I don’t see him as a Goodwin style fly-by-night. And I used to work for Goodwin.

Goodwin was the Icarus who flew too close to the sun.

The fact that few people had heard of James Anderson outside of his professional circle suggests he is a rather more sensible character.

ScottB
08-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Meh, in such economic crises, the rich get richer. Just look at the massive transfer of wealth to the richest couple percent that occurred post 2008 crash.

FilipinoHibs
08-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of Bailie Gifford’s business.

I reckon James Anderson probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.

Well when the markets were down 30% in March CapitalGreen reports that Benny was scaling back on his charity work and Hearts would lose out as they were not one of his top priorities. Since then stocks have rallied on the hope of a V shaped recovery particularly the tech sector that Benny is heavily invested in.

Baillie Gifford have a simple investment model: they are invested in equities. Do you not think their funds suffered sharp losses during the 2008 financial crisis, the bursting of the dot com bubble or the crash of 1987? Of course they did. Eventually, their funds recovered but what looks like the worst economic crisis since the 1930s depression will likely see another fall in all equities. As in March of this year, Benny, with probably a large part of his fortune invested in his funds, will scale back on his charity work. Interestingly, Budge who probably met Benny through her investment in his funds would be squeezed to. A double whammy for the Hearts

TheMrSandiego
09-07-2020, 12:50 AM
Well when the markets were down 30% in March CapitalGreen reports that Benny was scaling back on his charity work and Hearts would lose out as they were not one of his top priorities. Since then stocks have rallied on the hope of a V shaped recovery particularly the tech sector that Benny is heavily invested in.

Baillie Gifford have a simple investment model: they are invested in equities. Do you not think their funds suffered sharp losses during the 2008 financial crisis, the bursting of the dot com bubble or the crash of 1987? Of course they did. Eventually, their funds recovered but what looks like the worst economic crisis since the 1930s depression will likely see another fall in all equities. As in March of this year, Benny, with probably a large part of his fortune invested in his funds, will scale back on his charity work. Interestingly, Budge who probably met Benny through her investment in his funds would be squeezed to. A double whammy for the Hearts

I think you are spending far too much time wondering about this and as others have said, they won't be going into admin any time soon.

The Modfather
09-07-2020, 06:35 AM
I think you are spending far too much time wondering about this and as others have said, they won't be going into admin any time soon.

Yep, this thread is in danger of going the same way as the equivalent thread on Kickback. Although not to the same levels of bizarre twists on reality just yet.

Neither Hibs or Hearts will be going into admin. Tick tock or no tick tock.

Since90+2
09-07-2020, 06:49 AM

If James Anderson has been as badly hit as your suggestion he's hardly likely to have handed over millions to the SPFL. Gee it a rest.

Since452
09-07-2020, 06:52 AM
A club that overspent massively for decades, racking up huge debt, in doing so giving themselves an unfair sporting advantage and massive ego. Tried to wipe Hibs from the face of the earth because that ego was out of control, wiped away tens of millions owed to honest businesses and charities by going into administration. Now bleating and whining about unfairness and self interest, dragging three decent clubs to court and leaving them toiling for money. Nah not for me. Wouldn't miss them one bit. Rancid club that will never change.

O'Rourke3
09-07-2020, 07:06 AM
I always live it hope that they will.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
09-07-2020, 07:09 AM
I think you are spending far too much time wondering about this and as others have said, they won't be going into admin any time soon.Hearts claimed the were skint needed to cut all players wages. Needed to scale back , I'm sure she said players would need to go and the could not afford to bring others .
A short time later they have paid compensation for new manager , signed Craig Gordon who if its to be believed is on 5k a week.
So i don't think they are going bust anytime soon.
I however would not believe one word coming out of budgies mouth, a bitter and twisted characheture.
The club has become despised by a large section of football, she is doing a great job.
Oh and when the lose the Arbitration there will be much Joy for every club outside of wee rangers and the Rangers .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
09-07-2020, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't it be lovely if Benny Factor had invested all his money in Wirecard (https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/25/wirecard-files-for-insolvency-amid-german-accounting-scandal)...

JimBHibees
09-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Hearts claimed the were skint needed to cut all players wages. Needed to scale back , I'm sure she said players would need to go and the could not afford to bring others .
A short time later they have paid compensation for new manager , signed Craig Gordon who if its to be believed is on 5k a week.
So i don't think they are going bust anytime soon.
I however would not believe one word coming out of budgies mouth, a bitter and twisted characheture.
The club has become despised by a large section of football, she is doing a great job.
Oh and when the lose the Arbitration there will be much Joy for every club outside of wee rangers and the Rangers .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Rangers will want them to lose arbitration as personally don't think they will have voted for the last reconstruction and will want league to start on 1st August.

Gmack7
09-07-2020, 09:31 AM
It's a pity JA isn't a hibby

jgl07
09-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Teams generally go into administration after borrowing lots of money to fund wages and running costs and are unable to sustain the repayments and interest.

Hearts have not been borrowing money (other than from themselves!) because no-one will lend them anything.

Blindingly obvious.

swordin3
10-07-2020, 05:06 PM
I may be wrong but have they not just built a corribunkle of a "stand" and how exactly did they pay for it. I would hazard a guess there is still at least half of the 15 million still to settle up on.Add to that massive losses because of the wages they are paying out Another administration beccons I imagine and another few hundred businesses will be out pocket again. Unspeakable desperate Club.

Keith_M
10-07-2020, 05:11 PM
I may be wrong but have they not just built a corribunkle of a "stand" and how exactly did they pay for it. I would hazard a guess there is still at least half of the 15 million still to settle up on.Add to that massive losses because of the wages they are paying out Another administration beccons I imagine and another few hundred businesses will be out pocket again. Unspeakable desperate Club.

They've actually redirected massive amounts of the FoH money to help pay for the new stand.

They've relied largely on those donations, plus money from their Benny Factors, to outspend other clubs on players and an endless stream of managers.

They p1ssed a lot of money up against the wall but they're not massively in debt to anybody.

FilipinoHibs
16-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Starting to look ropey for the Benny factor as tech sticks start to lose their gloss23752.

Keith_M
16-07-2020, 09:34 AM
Starting to look ropey for the Benny factor as tech sticks start to lose their gloss23752.

I really hope he invested heavily in Wirecard.

Wembley67
16-07-2020, 09:49 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I forgot all the eggs are in one basket :thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2020, 10:05 AM

You should maybe have a look at the funds Baillie Gifford run.

There’s fixed interest, multi asset, absolute returns etc etc.

Your simplified take on things means nothing to what is going on at Hearts.

As an aside, they’re the biggest shareholders of Tesla after Elon Musk... doing not too bad the now!

Baker9
16-07-2020, 10:54 AM
You should maybe have a look at the funds Baillie Gifford run.

There’s fixed interest, multi asset, absolute returns etc etc.

Your simplified take on things means nothing to what is going on at Hearts.

As an aside, they’re the biggest shareholders of Tesla after Elon Musk... doing not too bad the now!

I had no idea about their holding in Tesla. They must be worth zillions.

Congratulations on your 4000th post and thanks again for that ticket you got me about 10 years ago.

lucky
16-07-2020, 10:59 AM
If the markets crash to such an extent that Ballie Gifford suffer then so will all of us through our pensions fund’s investments

WhileTheChief..
16-07-2020, 11:17 AM
Here's a wee bit about the main fund James Anderson runs....

Over the last five years, Scottish Mortgage (https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/uk/individual-investors/funds/scottish-mortgage-investment-trust/) returned an incredible 260%. That is quite stunning, especially given recent turbulence. The HSBC FTSE 100 Index unit trust tracker, for example, is up just 13% over the last five years.

The Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust share price outperformance even overshadows Terry Smith’s hugely popular Fundsmith Equity. That unit trust is up ‘just’ 145% over five years. Yet manager James Anderson isn’t half as famous as Terry Smith. He should be.

This is a global fund that invests in a concentrated portfolio of equities, typically between 50 and 100. Management is free to invest with no fixed limits on geography, industry or sector.
The trust aims to achieve a greater return than the FTSE All-World Index and it certainly has. The FTSE All-World index grew just 40% over the last five years. No wonder investors are rushing to get exposure to the Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust share price.

A word of warning: it is heavily invested in the US, which has been the developed world’s top-performing market for more than a decade. Another 20% of the fund is in China, and 17% in Europe.
This means that if the US crashes, the Scottish Mortgage share price will also suffer. So you need to take a view on how the world’s biggest economy will fare as it faces Covid-19 and a heated Presidential election on 3 November.

It is also a tech-heavy fund. Its top holding is electric car maker Tesla, which makes up a beefy 11.3% of its portfolio. The second biggest holding is online retailer Amazon at 10.3%. Other tech stocks in the top 10 include Chinese companies Tencent Holdings and Alibaba Group, and Netflix.

Wembley67
16-07-2020, 11:54 AM
If the markets crash to such an extent that Ballie Gifford suffer then so will all of us through our pensions fund’s investments

Of course everyone will suffer to an extent but it's case of just how much - it's the joys of Investment Mnagement & Stockpicking :greengrin

Is It On....
16-07-2020, 10:43 PM

Over the last five years, Scottish Mortgage (https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/uk/individual-investors/funds/scottish-mortgage-investment-trust/) returned an incredible 260%. That is quite stunning, especially given recent turbulence. The HSBC FTSE 100 Index unit trust tracker, for example, is up just 13% over the last five years.

The Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust share price outperformance even overshadows Terry Smith’s hugely popular Fundsmith Equity. That unit trust is up ‘just’ 145% over five years. Yet manager James Anderson isn’t half as famous as Terry Smith. He should be.

This is a global fund that invests in a concentrated portfolio of equities, typically between 50 and 100. Management is free to invest with no fixed limits on geography, industry or sector.
The trust aims to achieve a greater return than the FTSE All-World Index and it certainly has. The FTSE All-World index grew just 40% over the last five years. No wonder investors are rushing to get exposure to the Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust share price.

A word of warning: it is heavily invested in the US, which has been the developed world’s top-performing market for more than a decade. Another 20% of the fund is in China, and 17% in Europe.
This means that if the US crashes, the Scottish Mortgage share price will also suffer. So you need to take a view on how the world’s biggest economy will fare as it faces Covid-19 and a heated Presidential election on 3 November.

It is also a tech-heavy fund. Its top holding is electric car maker Tesla, which makes up a beefy 11.3% of its portfolio. The second biggest holding is online retailer Amazon at 10.3%. Other tech stocks in the top 10 include Chinese companies Tencent Holdings and Alibaba Group, and Netflix.

You don't see Scottish Mortgage Trust or Terry Smith mentioned very often on forums, far less the intricacies of their investment mandates 😂

roo62
17-07-2020, 06:22 AM
Would it be such a daft idea for Hibs to open dialogue with Bailie Gifford regarding sponsorship. An extremely wealthy local company based at the top of Leith Walk. There must be the potential for a few thousand extra customers from Hibs supporters in exchange for say a Stadium naming agreement...now that would roundly pxxx off our noisy neighbours 😁

Jones28
17-07-2020, 06:25 AM

So in summary, there’s not really a hope in hells chance that James Anderson will start to run short of cash any time soon?

I actually prefer the current climate, where even with record investment from fans and backing from an extremely wealthy individual they still got relegated.

Keith_M
17-07-2020, 06:59 AM
The answer is still 'No'.

JohnM1875
17-07-2020, 07:14 AM
I don't think for a second they will or are about to go into admin. But all this chat of James Anderson and his wealth, is this new money post 2013? Cause him being minted didn't stop it happening then.

greenginger
17-07-2020, 07:49 AM
Whilst James Anderson is no doubt very wealthy , I’ve never seen his name in the Sunday Times Scottish rich list so I don’t believe that he is in the mega rich league.

He is also only 60 years old with a family, so I don’t see his current level of donations continuing indefinitely.

cocteautwin
17-07-2020, 08:18 AM
The hope that HMFC might be heading for another Administration event is totally unlikely (no matter how well or badly Anderson’s funds perform).

Budge has said previously that Anderson has guaranteed funding for the next 5 years so one would assume that an amount of money has been ringfenced by Anderson for this purpose. It probably also needs to be ringfenced to enable HMFC to achieve a going concern status in their accounts. Unlike Hibs, they certainly aren’t a going concern without external funding (Anderson and FoH).

Given that recent funding from Anderson is probably hitting the £5m mark for the financial year just finished and certainly at least another £5m needed for season 20/21, it’s not unreasonable to speculate that the Anderson available funds might total some £25m for the next 5 years. On top of this there’s at least £1m p.a. coming from FoH so one might estimate that HMFC have another £30m of extraneous funding sitting on the sidelines for the next 5 years.

When we look at these numbers, they really are reaching Vlad Romanov levels of expenditure if we add in the close to £30m of outside funds that would have been injected into HMFC to the current date since their Administration. The difference this time is that the funds are legitimate (unless Anderson is the Scottish Bernie Madoff) instead of robbed from a Lithuanian bank.

In reality, the question that needs to be asked is not whether HMFC are heading for another Admin event but more a question of

“Do HMFC have the right person at the helm to spend this possible extra £30m?”

Given that the previous spend of £30m of extra cash has resulted in HMFC being relegated, us Hibees would love this wasteful fruitless spend to continue, but one thinks it somewhat imprudent and indeed somewhat irresponsible of Anderson and Hearts fans to leave the spending of the next £30m in the hands of Calamity Ann.

JimBHibees
17-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Whilst James Anderson is no doubt very wealthy , I’ve never seen his name in the Sunday Times Scottish rich list so I don’t believe that he is in the mega rich league.

He is also only 60 years old with a family, so I don’t see his current level of donations continuing indefinitely.

I think some of his family will be getting him checked out given some of his decision making. :greengrin

Eyrie
17-07-2020, 06:21 PM
Given that the previous spend of £30m of extra cash has resulted in HMFC being relegated, us Hibees would love this wasteful fruitless spend to continue, but one thinks it somewhat imprudent and indeed somewhat irresponsible of Anderson and Hearts fans to leave the spending of the next £30m in the hands of Calamity Ann.

I'm surprised that Anderson hasn't been asking awkward questions about what has been achieved with his donations.

I don't believe he'd accept a return like that from any business he invested in and would soon redirect his money.

jacomo
20-07-2020, 08:31 AM
I'm surprised that Anderson hasn't been asking awkward questions about what has been achieved with his donations.

I don't believe he'd accept a return like that from any business he invested in and would soon redirect his money.

It’s a good point.

How can anyone who has supported Hearts over the past few years not look at their (still incomplete) new stand or performances on the pitch and not have serious doubts about Budge’s decision making is beyond me.