PDA

View Full Version : HSL Q&A Thursday 8pm

matty_f
30-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Hi folks

Jim Adie from Hibernian Supporters will be online from 8pm on Thursday 2nd July to answer any questions you might have about Hibernian Supporters.

You can add questions to this thread, and ask on the night (Jim might not get to answer anything until then).

DaveF
30-06-2020, 03:41 PM
Check your dates Matty?

mutley
30-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Time travel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

matty_f
30-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Check your dates Matty?

Don't know what you mean 👀

offshorehibby
30-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Hi folks

Jim Adie from Hibernian Supporters will be online from 8pm on Thursday 4th July to answer any questions you might have about Hibernian Supporters.

You can add questions to this thread, and ask on the night (Jim might not get to answer anything until then).

4th July is a Saturday. Thursday is either 2nd or 9th

DaveF
30-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Don't know what you mean 👀

Having a 'mare Matty 😂

matty_f
30-06-2020, 04:32 PM
Having a 'mare Matty 😂

Sakes :faf:

It's this Thursday -2nd July.

I'm away back to bed.

DaveF
30-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Q. It was mentioned following the recent meeting with LD, that the club would offer up support to encourage and grow HS, how does Jim see that playing out. And, more importantly, when?

Gatecrasher
30-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Question - I haven’t seen the list for checking my name on the 3rd strip despite signing up day one, I appreciate it may be too late for changes but can you send it so I can check my names on it?

Question - are HSL working with the club to make membership more meaningful in terms of rewards now that shares are off the table?

Billy Whizz
30-06-2020, 05:48 PM
Question - I haven’t seen the list for checking my name on the 3rd strip despite signing up day one, I appreciate it may be too late for changes but can you send it so I can check my names on it?

Question - are HSL working with the club to make membership more meaningful in terms of rewards now that shares are off the table?

I got me email from them on 12th June
I had a quick look at the list, can’t see the name Gatecrasher on it

Gatecrasher
30-06-2020, 06:11 PM
I got me email from them on 12th June
I had a quick look at the list, can’t see the name Gatecrasher on it
I signed up to HSL with my real name. Could you pm me the list?

Billy Whizz
30-06-2020, 06:52 PM
I signed up to HSL with my real name. Could you pm me the list?

Can’t pm it, as it’s in my email account
Can you pm with your email address, I’ll forward on

OfficialHSL
01-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Q. It was mentioned following the recent meeting with LD, that the club would offer up support to encourage and grow HS, how does Jim see that playing out. And, more importantly, when?

DaveF

Hopefully we will see immediate support via the Club's social media and indeed their web site. The Club have also confirmed that they are happy to forward on a message to their database which of course is a wider audience than our own. Other than that we will have to wait and see. We need to also think about what specific kind of help we want. we have to be realistic and recognise that not all staff are back at work yet.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
01-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Gatecrasher

Q1 - We are sorry to say that yes it is too late as we have already forwarded the final list of names for production. We emailed the list on four separate occasions to our Members and it was posted on this forum as well as the Bounce and discussed on our social media.

Q2 - Yes, we can of course discuss with the Club what rewards we think that our Members would welcome and hopefully some, if not all, will be offered.

Hibernian Supporters

3pm
01-07-2020, 10:41 AM
Jim, any plans for a monthly update on numbers? How will you keep the momentum going?

Gatecrasher
01-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Gatecrasher

Q1 - We are sorry to say that yes it is too late as we have already forwarded the final list of names for production. We emailed the list on four separate occasions to our Members and it was posted on this forum as well as the Bounce and discussed on our social media.

Q2 - Yes, we can of course discuss with the Club what rewards we think that our Members would welcome and hopefully some, if not all, will be offered.

Hibernian Supporters

Thanks for the response, keep up the good work.

OfficialHSL
01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Jim, any plans for a monthly update on numbers? How will you keep the momentum going?

3pm

We are a whisker ( that's the polite term ) away from hitting the 800 but I have promised to advise Daniel as soon as we do. If we get to the 50 new starts today we will exceed it.

Now at 26

Hibernian Supporters

3pm
01-07-2020, 03:22 PM
3pm

We are a whisker ( that's the polite term ) away from hitting the 800 but I have promised to advise Daniel as soon as we do. If we get to the 50 new starts today we will exceed it.

Now at 26

Hibernian Supporters

Can you run a campaign or something Jim?

Someone on here came up with the Ten thousand tenners idea which I thought was decent.

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 06:59 PM
Hi folks

Jim Adie from Hibernian Supporters will be online from 8pm on Thursday 2nd July to answer any questions you might have about Hibernian Supporters.

Matty

Delighted to take any questions ?

Jim

matty_f
02-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Evening Jim, hopefully have some questions coming up soon!

How are the membership numbers looking now?

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:03 PM
Can you run a campaign or something Jim?

Someone on here came up with the Ten thousand tenners idea which I thought was decent.

3pm

Yes, in fact we will be running a series of initiatives designed to both raise our profile and also deliver increased numbers. A number of us are working on a few ideas as we speak. How do you see the 10,000 tenners idea working ?

Jim

Cheshire Hibby
02-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Good evening Jim

with the new member numbers, many of us would like to know what the estimated total monthly contribution to the club is going to be now. Are you able to confirm the monthly amount?

CH

PaulSmith
02-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Jim..Are there still funds in the bank account that were earmarked for share purchases and if so are you at liberty to say how much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tamig
02-07-2020, 07:32 PM
Hi Jim. I think the current dropdown on the site only allows for a max contribution of £30 a month. Any plans to remove the limit and allow it to accept any value the donator specifies?

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:32 PM

Matty
Total donators now 3481

Jim

04Sauzee
02-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Hi Jim quick question

Not sure if this could work as it may have some implications but if companies are or indeed hibs were to offer up prizes I-e monthly quarterly or a big yearly prize could that incentivise people signing up?

I know not everybody need an incentive to help out club.

PaulSmith
02-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Matty
Total donators now 3481

Jim

How many active monthly subscribers out of that number?

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Good evening Jim

with the new member numbers, many of us would like to know what the estimated total monthly contribution to the club is going to be now. Are you able to confirm the monthly amount?

CH
Cheshire Hibby

We have sent just over £24,000 for the month of June. This may not be the regular monthly figure as we received a number of single one off donations in June which may not be repeated going forward. We are hoping to in the short term to send at least £20000 per month.

Jim

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Jim..Are there still funds in the bank account that were earmarked for share purchases and if so are you at liberty to say how much?

Paul

Yes, these are the funds that Members specifically requested be used for that purpose.

I hope you don’t mind me avoiding your second question as I don’t actually have that figure right now and it would seem slightly inappropriate to discuss in a public forum before advising my fellow Directors and indeed Members.
Rest assured nothing sinister in that but just want to be courteous to others.

Jim

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Hi Jim. I think the current dropdown on the site only allows for a max contribution of £30 a month. Any plans to remove the limit and allow it to accept any value the donator specifies?
Taming

There are some technical difficulties with having a supporter specified monthly amount . My understanding is that the Go Cardless system can’t deal with this. We can do it for a single donation but this is facilitated through the Stripe system.
On a positive note we can set up any amount at our end if a supporter drops us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Jim

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 07:59 PM
We
Hi Jim quick question

Not sure if this could work as it may have some implications but if companies are or indeed hibs were to offer up prizes I-e monthly quarterly or a big yearly prize could that incentivise people signing up?

I know not everybody need an incentive to help out club.

We are already working on such ideas. We have used prize draws in the past and indeed have offered things as flights and hotel to away matches. We can pretty much do as we please. We would welcome any donated prizes from Hibs minded Companies and delighted to offer credit for such generosity.

Jim

Cheshire Hibby
02-07-2020, 08:02 PM
Cheshire Hibby

We have sent just over £24,000 for the month of June. This may not be the regular monthly figure as we received a number of single one off donations in June which may not be repeated going forward. We are hoping to in the short term to send at least £20000 per month.

Jim

Thanks Jim

How much in total has HSL passed to the club inclusive of the cash for share purchases and the cash used to support the club since the change of ownership. Am I right to think it must be getting close to £1m now?

CH

May21/05/16
02-07-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm a member and kept on paying after I became a member I would just to say thank you for all hard work over years

Hopefully the numbers keep going up as it well help the progress for which we all want

I'm just cant wait to get back to easter road hopefully it's not to long

PS hope you and family haven't been affected with the covid

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:06 PM
How many active monthly subscribers out of that number?

Paul

I’m in Spain and don’t have access to the part of our system that gives that number. It can also be difficult to give the number that I think you are looking for as many supporters prefer regular “one off donations” rather than a Direct Debit.

Jim

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Thanks Jim

How much in total has HSL passed to the club inclusive of the cash for share purchases and the cash used to support the club since the change of ownership. Am I right to think it must be getting close to £1m now?

CH

Cheshire Hibby
Yes you are. We paid just under £800,000 for our 15% stake and have donated a further £150,406.50 since the takeover.

Jim

04Sauzee
02-07-2020, 08:09 PM
We

We are already working on such ideas. We have used prize draws in the past and indeed have offered things as flights and hotel to away matches. We can pretty much do as we please. We would welcome any donated prizes from Hibs minded Companies and delighted to offer credit for such generosity.

Jim

Brilliant Jim thanks for that response

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:13 PM
I'm a member and kept on paying after I became a member I would just to say thank you for all hard work over years

Hopefully the numbers keep going up as it well help the progress for which we all want

I'm just cant wait to get back to easter road hopefully it's not to long

PS hope you and family haven't been affected with the covid

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Thank you for your kind words. Your current Directors as well as all previous Directors have worked hard to help our Club. We are also grateful to all our fellow supporters who have been giving and continue to give their help.

Jim

Cheshire Hibby
02-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Cheshire Hibby
Yes you are. We paid just under £800,000 for our 15% stake and have donated a further £150,406.50 since the takeover.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Major milestone coming up then. No doubt you will let us all know when it is achieved.

GGTTH

3pm
02-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Is £20K a month the total received or a % of the donations received?

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Is £20K a month the total received or a % of the donations received?

3pm

Not quite sure what you mean ?

Jim

3pm
02-07-2020, 08:37 PM
3pm

Not quite sure what you mean ?

Jim

Sorry. I think you said that you plan to send over £20K a month.

Is that £20K everything that has been donated during the month or is that a % of the donations that have been made? For example, has £30K been contributed but you are passing over £20K.

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:53 PM
Paul

I’m in Spain and don’t have access to the part of our system that gives that number. It can also be difficult to give the number that I think you are looking for as many supporters prefer regular “one off donations” rather than a Direct Debit.

Jim

Sorry. I think you said that you plan to send over £20K a month.

Is that £20K everything that has been donated during the month or is that a % of the donations that have been made? For example, has £30K been contributed but you are passing over £20K.
3pm

ok, I think I understand what you are saying and you may have misunderstood my previous comment.
In June we received just over £24,000 and have passed over all of this to the Club. This does not represent the total of all regular monthly Direct Debits and is not a predictor of what future monthly payments may be. We received a number of one off single donations in June and we cannot rely on receiving these every month. What I am hoping is that the “regular” monthly amount will be at least £20,000 but of course we will not get a clearer picture until next month. We are not retaining any sums but may have to pay for the odd prize should we offer some prizes or draws.

Hope this clarifies things.

Jim

3pm
02-07-2020, 08:54 PM
3pm

ok, I think I understand what you are saying and you may have misunderstood my previous comment.
In June we received just over £24,000 and have passed over all of this to the Club. This does not represent the total of all regular monthly Direct Debits and is not a predictor of what futuremonthly payments may be. We received a number of one off single donations in June and we cannot rely on receiving these every month. What I am hoping is that the “regular” monthly amount will be at least £20,000 but of course we will not get a clearer picture until next month. We are not retaining any sums but may have to pay for the odd prize should we offer some prizes or draws.

Hope this clarifies things.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

OfficialHSL
02-07-2020, 08:59 PM

Matty

Looks like that’s all the questions and I do hope this has been of some help.

I spoke to Leeann today to update her on the efforts of our supporters and she was delighted and very grateful to hear about the figures involved. She reaffirmed how helpful these donations are to her plans in supporting our Manager for the season ahead.

Jim

matty_f
02-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Matty

Looks like that’s all the questions and I do hope this has been of some help.

I spoke to Leeann today to update her on the efforts of our supporters and she was delighted and very grateful to hear about the figures involved. She reaffirmed how helpful these donations are to her plans in supporting our Manager for the season ahead.

Jim
Thanks for your time, Jim, and thanks folks for the excellent questions (and the rubbish ones. 😃)

tamig
02-07-2020, 10:33 PM
Taming

There are some technical difficulties with having a supporter specified monthly amount . My understanding is that the Go Cardless system can’t deal with this. We can do it for a single donation but this is facilitated through the Stripe system.
On a positive note we can set up any amount at our end if a supporter drops us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Jim
Thanks Jim. I’ll get in touch. Cheers.