PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL HSL - Latest Update

OfficialHSL
26-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Like everyone else our Board members have been staying at home and looking after themselves and trying to keep safe. While we have of course kept in touch we have not had the opportunity to meet formally until earlier this week (via Zoom).

We are delighted to report we had a very productive and worthwhile meeting. Our meeting had been arranged for some time but had coincided with the recent club statement and the surge in interest and new members.

While the consequences of the club statement are not welcome, the good news is the fantastic response of our members and wider supporter group. We are delighted to report that we have attracted over 700 new/renewed donators which of course will deliver invaluable financial support to our Club at this very difficult time.

Can we remind everyone again that all donations received by us at this time will be directed to the Club - we are not buying shares.

Key points from our meeting:

- Donations that we receive will be directed to the Club. The Club confirmed that this will be spent on the playing budget and that the Club were enormously grateful for the donations received to date - additional funds donated will help with the quality on the park.
- The Club also confirmed that the Club will do whatever it can to help us promote our message.
- There was some frustration that some of the Club’s message was misreported but this was being addressed with more communications.

As well as new donators we are delighted to report that we have also enjoyed additional support from members who have stepped forward to provide practical help with our own communications, in particular, social media. The Board would like to express all our thanks to Daniel, Gavin, Ross and Steven.

Finally, it will come as no surprise that we have had to delay our AGM which we had intended to have in the Spring. We will fix a date when it becomes clearer when this will be safe to do so.

In the meantime can we invite you to #SpreadTheWord by sharing this message with as many supporters as possible. Donating is easy. Just log into www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk)

If you are an existing lapsed member/donator you will need to log into your Members section in the usual way.

If you have never donated to us before please navigate to the “Donate” page and follow instructions in the normal way. Please feel free to donate whatever you feel you can comfortably manage. You do not have to commit to a regular monthly amount and if you only want to make a single one-off donation that’s possible. You don’t have to make any of the set single donation amounts and if you look to the right of the page you can choose a specified amount. If you can manage £5 it’s every bit as welcome.

We plan to support the Club in other ways and will update you further but in the meantime let’s see what we can do now.

Hibernian Supporters

Vault Boy
26-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Really encouraging to see the uptake and momentum that this has gained. Outstanding stuff from the fans in stepping up and giving so much to the club.

Hopefully it means that when the teams are back out on the pitch, Hibs have an edge on some other clubs.

Ray_
26-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Like everyone else our Board members have been staying at home and looking after themselves and trying to keep safe. While we have of course kept in touch we have not had the opportunity to meet formally until earlier this week (via Zoom).

We are delighted to report we had a very productive and worthwhile meeting. Our meeting had been arranged for some time but had coincided with the recent club statement and the surge in interest and new members.

While the consequences of the club statement are not welcome, the good news is the fantastic response of our members and wider supporter group. We are delighted to report that we have attracted over 700 new/renewed donators which of course will deliver invaluable financial support to our Club at this very difficult time.

Can we remind everyone again that all donations received by us at this time will be directed to the Club - we are not buying shares.

Key points from our meeting:

- Donations that we receive will be directed to the Club. The Club confirmed that this will be spent on the playing budget and that the Club were enormously grateful for the donations received to date - additional funds donated will help with the quality on the park.
- The Club also confirmed that the Club will do whatever it can to help us promote our message.
- There was some frustration that some of the Club’s message was misreported but this was being addressed with more communications.

As well as new donators we are delighted to report that we have also enjoyed additional support from members who have stepped forward to provide practical help with our own communications, in particular, social media. The Board would like to express all our thanks to Daniel, Gavin, Ross and Steven.

Finally, it will come as no surprise that we have had to delay our AGM which we had intended to have in the Spring. We will fix a date when it becomes clearer when this will be safe to do so.

In the meantime can we invite you to #SpreadTheWord by sharing this message with as many supporters as possible. Donating is easy. Just log into www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk)

If you are an existing lapsed member/donator you will need to log into your Members section in the usual way.

If you have never donated to us before please navigate to the “Donate” page and follow instructions in the normal way. Please feel free to donate whatever you feel you can comfortably manage. You do not have to commit to a regular monthly amount and if you only want to make a single one-off donation that’s possible. You don’t have to make any of the set single donation amounts and if you look to the right of the page you can choose a specified amount. If you can manage £5 it’s every bit as welcome.

We plan to support the Club in other ways and will update you further but in the meantime let’s see what we can do now.

Hibernian Supporters

With all due respect, it is really terrific the way the fans have rallied around and increased, started or renewed donations and everyone deserves the upmost credit and obviously not forgetting those who have remained loyal to the cause for a number of years, but you really do need to get the website updated as a matter of urgency.

The website really is tired and outdated and unappealing and doesn't reflect the tremendous efforts of the people involved with HS or the contributions of the support. I know the donations are the most important thing but showing a degree of professionalism within the site can only help attract contributions and there are plenty of people within the support that I'm sure would be more than happy to help out with this project.

Since452
26-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Fantastic

bingo70
26-06-2020, 09:17 PM
With all due respect, it is really terrific the way the fans have rallied around and increased, started or renewed donations and everyone deserves the upmost credit and obviously not forgetting those who have remained loyal to the cause for a number of years, but you really do need to get the website updated as a matter of urgency.

The website really is tired and outdated and unappealing and doesn't reflect the tremendous efforts of the people involved with HS or the contributions of the support. I know the donations are the most important thing but showing a degree of professionalism within the site can only help attract contributions and there are plenty of people within the support that I'm sure would be more than happy to help out with this project.

Could be classed as misleading as well.

The purpose of HSL isn’t to buy shares, the website shouldn’t say it is.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2020, 09:33 PM

Are you a UX designer by any chance? ;)

professionalism can often cost the folks doing this are volunteers as I understand it’s all to easy to criticise - would you rather see months of someone las contributions wiped out paying for something that as far as I can make out - I signed up last week.

i do take the later point about potentially misleading content but that should be an easier fix.

your big assumption is that the blocker to people signing up is the look and feel.
If you did a survey I’d wager the key to unlocking donations is urgency and not a s****y look and feel - but then again if you have analytics showing that people are dropping out registration / log in and giving up I’ll give way.

Even if there are problems I’d imagine folks would be contacting on Twitter/email/here other channels.

malcolm
26-06-2020, 09:39 PM

In fact the purpose is still to buy shares but at least at present their current message driven by circumstances is clear outwith the site. I expect the message on the site will be adapted due to the factors that make the purpose redundant at present but until or unless the rules of HSL are changed the purpose remains to buy shares. Clearly there may need to be some kind of review of this purpose and perhaps a change will follow but that will be subject to member agreement.

Gerard
26-06-2020, 09:44 PM

The above mentioned purpose is in HS' articles.
HSL is a limited company by guarantee and has many shareholders.
The shareholders all have one share each.
This shsreholders can propose that the articles be changed.
Until this happens HS' articles state its intentions regarding purchase of shares.
When it is possible, there will be an AGM and this issue can be discussed at the AGM.
:wink:

HendoDelivered
26-06-2020, 10:07 PM
Class. GGTTH 💚

Not In The Know
26-06-2020, 10:11 PM
FFS. We are not buying shares in the club.

We are boosting the funds to make the footballing dept better.

As soon as that message is reiterated loud and clear the better.

We are not buying shares we want our cash to make the team better.

OfficialHSL
26-06-2020, 10:22 PM

Ray
Thank you for your feedback.
We would be delighted to receive any help you can give us. Please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Kaff
26-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Ray
We would be delighted to receive any help you can give us. Please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Best reply a volunteer organisation could put.
Well done for all you're doing

Ray_
27-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Ray

Hibernian Supporters

Thanks for the response, will do.

DaveF
27-06-2020, 07:13 AM
While I can do nothing with the website, I agree with Ray 100%. I don't do Twitter or the like and prefer to read updates directly via the site. Articles are miles out of date, no counter - points that have been made time and again.

Hopefully the expertise and resource is now available to address this following the recent influx of donations and volunteers.

Sammy7nil
27-06-2020, 07:33 AM
Are you a UX designer by any chance? ;)

professionalism can often cost the folks doing this are volunteers as I understand it’s all to easy to criticise - would you rather see months of someone las contributions wiped out paying for something that as far as I can make out - I signed up last week.

i do take the later point about potentially misleading content but that should be an easier fix.

your big assumption is that the blocker to people signing up is the look and feel.
If you did a survey I’d wager the key to unlocking donations is urgency and not a s****y look and feel - but then again if you have analytics showing that people are dropping out registration / log in and giving up I’ll give way.

Even if there are problems I’d imagine folks would be contacting on Twitter/email/here other channels.

Building a website from scratch with singing and dancing :greengrin videos would cost about £5,000 so not a huge cost and as others have said probably worth every penny in this social media driven world. I am sure there are Hibs fans who could update the current website for far less.

hibbysam
27-06-2020, 07:34 AM
While I can do nothing with the website, I agree with Ray 100%. I don't do Twitter or the like and prefer to read updates directly via the site. Articles are miles out of date, no counter - points that have been made time and again.

Hopefully the expertise and resource is now available to address this following the recent influx of donations and volunteers.

It was said when I made the same point on the other thread that the new website is being built as we speak but takes a while to do. Hopefully that is the case but the fact that HSL won’t confirm that themselves makes me wonder.

Longevity is key here and I feel for people to continue contributing beyond the crisis point of here and now, it needs to look and feel far more professional. Social media comms have improved significantly, but the website should look and feel so much better.

Keith_M
27-06-2020, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update, it's much appreciated.

:aok:

brog
27-06-2020, 09:05 AM
It was said when I made the same point on the other thread that the new website is being built as we speak but takes a while to do. Hopefully that is the case but the fact that HSL won’t confirm that themselves makes me wonder.

Longevity is key here and I feel for people to continue contributing beyond the crisis point of here and now, it needs to look and feel far more professional. Social media comms have improved significantly, but the website should look and feel so much better.

Admins, can we merge the threads please?