PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendlies

theonlywayisup
26-06-2020, 01:20 PM
Anyone know what the plans are for pre-season friendlies, if any.

Given the financial challenges, I'm not expecting that we'll have a trip planned; nor will fans be allowed to attend the game to watch. But I'm assuming that we'll play some local teams, maybe at Easter Road. Think I heard that some of the English teams played four quarters of 30 minutes each prior to the re-start of the English leagues.

:dunno:

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 01:45 PM

Given the financial challenges, I'm not expecting that we'll have a trip planned; nor will fans be allowed to attend the game to watch. But I'm assuming that we'll play some local teams, maybe at Easter Road. Think I heard that some of the English teams played four quarters of 30 minutes each prior to the re-start of the English leagues.

Further complicated by only the SPFL playing. Maybe 6 games against livi? Or should we find a less aggressive team to practice on?

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Presume there will be some League Cup games? Not sure what’s happening with the LC.

J

G B Young
26-06-2020, 02:36 PM

There are no pre-season friendlies planned for Scottish teams.

G15 Hibs
26-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Presume there will be some League Cup games? Not sure what’s happening with the LC.

J

There's been talk elsewhere that the League Cup is planned to start in October.

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 03:25 PM

Celtic in France?

https://twitter.com/AlisonGConroy/status/1276497244125102081?s=19

Renfrew_Hibby
26-06-2020, 03:28 PM

Not true.
Celtic are off to France.

H18 SFR
26-06-2020, 03:33 PM

J

Starts October 7th.

Since452
26-06-2020, 03:37 PM
When do the lower league clubs like East Fife, Dunfermline and Hearts return to training? Doesn't leave much scope for friendlies

hibbyfraelibby
26-06-2020, 03:45 PM

You sometime have to wonder if planets are occipied by people experiencing parallel universes.😉

Eyrie
26-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Something might get arranged once the fixture list is out.

We could look to see who we play near the end of the first round of fixtures and arrange a game with one of them.

theonlywayisup
26-06-2020, 06:41 PM
You sometime have to wonder if planets are occipied by people experiencing parallel universes.😉

Sorry, you've lost me! Explain!

Saturday Boy
26-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Nathan Ring, Hibs head of sports science said that they were looking for two weeks of friendlies.

Link to his interview on the official website.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10653

Usual problem with links on phones, apologies in advance.

Iggy Pope
26-06-2020, 07:14 PM

Something of an arsey response when the official link on post #13 is noted don’t you think Prof?

Jamesie
26-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Further complicated by only the SPFL playing. Maybe 6 games against livi? Or should we find a less aggressive team to practice on?

Could make it a best of 7, a bit like the Stanley Cup in ice hockey

SingaporeHibs
26-06-2020, 07:41 PM

100% there will be friendly games but due to costs and to minimise the risks of catching the virus they are likely to be held locally against other premier league teams. A bit like they did in England ahead of the restart.
Given the championship isn’t due to start until Oct, I doubt we’ll see a league cup played before then. I maybe wrong but can’t see how that will work due to costs of testing.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2020, 07:46 PM
hopefully manage a bounce game against a lower league team like dundee/dunfy/heartz

Iggy Pope
26-06-2020, 08:00 PM
A couple of northern end non league clubs in the National League are facing play offs and, if they go ahead, a few in the National League North.
Harrogate Town, York City, Gateshead, Halifax Town, none of them a million miles away.
It would be a shame for Halifax Hibby though if we gave them a game and no one could attend!

HH81
26-06-2020, 08:07 PM
A couple of northern end non league clubs in the National League are facing play offs and, if they go ahead, a few in the National League North.
Harrogate Town, York City, Gateshead, Halifax Town, none of them a million miles away.
It would be a shame for Halifax Hibby though if we gave them a game and no one could attend!

I managed to get into the closed doors youth Hibs game at Huddersfield so don't rule it out. :-)

Iggy Pope
26-06-2020, 08:09 PM
I managed to get into the closed doors youth Hibs game at Huddersfield so don't rule it out. :-)

Match updates, as always, would be welcome.

EI255
27-06-2020, 06:19 PM
100% there will be friendly games but due to costs and to minimise the risks of catching the virus they are likely to be held locally against other premier league teams. A bit like they did in England ahead of the restart.
Given the championship isn’t due to start until Oct, I doubt we’ll see a league cup played before then. I maybe wrong but can’t see how that will work due to costs of testing.Ross County are letting their community use their own testing kits/stations. If Hibs do likewise then we can let the likes of Berwick or whoever use it too. If it gets games on then I don't see the problem with that.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk