PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET PACKAGE UPDATE

RSS Bot
26-06-2020, 10:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654)

Callum_62
26-06-2020, 10:22 AM
All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

Better expand on that for the hibs TV subscribers.....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
26-06-2020, 10:25 AM

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

Better expand on that for the hibs TV subscribers.....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Would presume it will remain as it’s always been in that only overseas subscribers will be able to watch the game live?

mutley
26-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Would presume it will remain as it’s always been in that only overseas subscribers will be able to watch the game live?

I was just about to say the same thing , that’s how I read it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 10:36 AM

That's what I had taken from it. Uk subscribers to Hibs TV with no season ticket won't be able to view home games.

Brightside
26-06-2020, 10:38 AM
That's what I had taken from it. Uk subscribers to Hibs TV with no season ticket won't be able to view home games.

Isnt that the same as now?

Hibee Mac
26-06-2020, 10:42 AM
Has anything been said of away games? I.e. if people have a UK Hibs TV subscription as a result of the season ticket, is there any way for them to pay to watch the away games too?

Hibee Mac
26-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Yes, but UK season ticket holders will be able to watch the games live, thus differentiating season tickets from Hibs TV subscriptions.

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Yes it is, I thought I was clarifying the earlier statement from a poster

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 10:44 AM

It's being queried because of the below statement;

Overseas fans won't be season ticket holders for obvious reasons but if they subscribe to Hibs TV, they're able to watch home games.

That statement doesn't say whether that will still be the case.

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Has anything been said of away games? I.e. if people have a UK Hibs TV subscription as a result of the season ticket, is there any way for them to pay to watch the away games too?

Not yet. I'm still hopeful that there will be a reciprocal agreement in place between the clubs that allows away fans to pay a one off fee to watch away games though.

Brightside
26-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Overseas fans won't be season ticket holders for obvious reasons but if they subscribe to Hibs TV, they're able to watch home games.

ah right gotcha..... You;d hope the overseas fans will be given a Hibs TV solution. Only concern is the amount of Overseas people that arent overseas. :wink:

Hibby_Paul
26-06-2020, 10:51 AM
My question on all this would be:

- What if the season unfolds and the first x10 home games end up being closed doors / no fans.

- Then all fans allowed back and we have another x8 home games and season ends.

Do we think hibs should rollover credit of some home ‘in person’ games in such a scenario?
The hearts statement I believe was they would get at least x18 home games (in stadium / in person) and think Motherwell may states similar?

I know it’s all hypotheticals and uncertain. I guess it feels potentially a very expensive outlay of £400 odds for majority of TV viewing if not covered.
Given most fans have not asked for a refund on this season finishing early as well.

I’ve renewed and don’t want to sound negative and know the clubs is in precarious financial position but would like this issue addressed.

On plus side I think they have given good info on live tv work and sure they will do good job of that.

@Power - Q for fan rep Kieran if your reading - has this been raised with club already and they have given any answer I’ve missed?

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 10:54 AM
📺 For those asking, Hibs TV international subscribers will be able to watch every kick of the ball as normal.

calumhibee1
26-06-2020, 10:57 AM

- What if the season unfolds and the first x10 home games end up being closed doors / no fans.

Do we think hibs should rollover credit of some home ‘in person’ games in such a scenario?
The hearts statement I believe was they would get at least x18 home games (in stadium / in person) and think Motherwell may states similar?

I know it’s all hypotheticals and uncertain. I guess it feels potentially a very expensive outlay of £400 odds for majority of TV viewing if not covered.
Given most fans have not asked for a refund on this season finishing early as well.

I’ve renewed and don’t want to sound negative and know the clubs is in precarious financial position but would like this issue addressed.

On plus side I think they have given good info on live tv work and sure they will do good job of that.

Kieran - Q for fan rep if you’re reading - has this been raised with club already and they have given any answer I’ve missed?

As much as it would be nice to get 19 home games where you’re there in person, given the circumstances I’d be happy enough with just being able to watch all the games. If I get to 5 games in person this season and 14 on Hibs TV then I’d prefer Hibs just left it at that and had people renew as normal for the next season.

hibeenicol
26-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Kieran - Q for fan rep if you’re reading - has this been raised with club already and they have given any answer I’ve missed?

I think it's definitely something hibs should be looking at. Credit towards 21/22 would be the best solution.
I've purchased 3 season tickets 2 adults and a kids from the same household.

£800 for a TV package is a bit steep

Peevemor
26-06-2020, 10:59 AM

Taking the statement literally, it won't be the case - which would piss me off hugely I have to say.

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 11:00 AM

@Power - Q for fan rep Kieran if your reading - has this been raised with club already and they have given any answer I’ve missed?

Reading between the lines of previous statements, I don't think there will be any refunds arising from games that season ticket holders haven't been able to attend in 20/21.

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Taking the statement literally, it won't be the case - which would piss me off hugely I have to say0.

I'm not surprised.

hibee_girl
26-06-2020, 11:08 AM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1276468614925881344?s=21

Hibs confirm Hibs TV international subscribers will be able to watch games as normal

Peevemor
26-06-2020, 11:12 AM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1276468614925881344?s=21

hibs confirm hibs tv international subscribers will be able to watch games as normal

yeeeessssssssss!!!!!

CapitalGreen
26-06-2020, 11:17 AM

I’m not sure anyone could claim they bought a season ticket for 2020/21 with the expectation of attending 19 home games in person. These have been sold by the club and bought by fans in the knowledge that some games will be behind closed doors. This is reflected in the fact that we have currently sold 3000 less tickets than this point last season.

Dalianwanda
26-06-2020, 11:20 AM
ah right gotcha..... You;d hope the overseas fans will be given a Hibs TV solution. Only concern is the amount of Overseas people that arent overseas. :wink:

Ireland is no mans land...Too far away to justify a season ticket but not able to sign up for Hibs TV Overseas as we dont count as overseas :rolleyes:

Hibby_Paul
26-06-2020, 11:25 AM
I’m not sure anyone could say they bought a season ticket for 2020/21 expecting to attend 19 home games in person. These have been sold by the club and bought by fans in the knowledge that some games will be behind closed doors. This is reflected in the fact that we have currently sold 3000 less tickets than this point last season.

I get that and I didn’t really expect to be at all games. At what point does it become a tipping point, what if no home games ever took place and a full season of closed doors? Unlikely i know!

I think main thing I have an irk with is if our rivals are giving the guarantee of sorts and if more other clubs end up doing, then it feels a bit poor form and take take from the club jumping on the loyalty factor.
Still lots to come and the whole world situation will hopefully change for better soon with lockdown changes.

Brightside
26-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Ireland is no mans land...Too far away to justify a season ticket but not able to sign up for Hibs TV Overseas as we dont count as overseas :rolleyes:

I'll show them on Zoom for you! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 11:49 AM

It does seem a strange one. I can understand why people in England, Wales and even Northern Ireland aren't included as there's TV deals in place to show live games on these channels in the UK but the Republic of Ireland is a different country altogether.

greenlad
26-06-2020, 12:10 PM
It does seem a strange one. I can understand why people in England, Wales and even Northern Ireland aren't included as there's TV deals in place to show live games on these channels in the UK but the Republic of Ireland is a different country altogether.

ROI is always included along with the UK in any Scottish football deals i.e "UK & Ireland broadcast rights". Although it is a different country its Pay-TV setup is essentially the same as the UK so is considered one market.

Only exception I'm aware of is the English Premiership 3pm Saturday games that Premier Sports pays a small extra fee to show in ROI only, as the FAI doesn't implement the 3pm Saturday blackout veto which the FA and SFA do (in normal times).

JimBHibees
26-06-2020, 12:14 PM

Seems a strange one that.

Brummie_Hibs
26-06-2020, 12:29 PM
I have a season ticket, which I ain't personally used in 3 years of owning, and an International subscription.

Do I get to log in and watch from 2 different devices simultaneously?

Power
26-06-2020, 12:31 PM

It’s a fair point and one the club are aware of. As noted in the club release above - the club will be flexible and creative at getting value back to Season Ticket holders now and will be in the future too - I’ve no concern on that one.

Still a few questions to be covered off (Potential walk-ups, away games, overseas (now answered)) but these are being ticked off and answered as decisions are agreed with a number of parties.

One that was on my pad to work on behalf of supporters on before today’s news.

Bobby's Cinema
26-06-2020, 12:32 PM
As someone not planning on renewing I was hoping for more on pay-as-you-go options. But understandably I suppose it is more important than ever for the club to try and push the added value of being a STH and how things may look is still unclear. Look forward to more Info

Keith_M
26-06-2020, 12:38 PM
I’m not sure anyone could claim they bought a season ticket for 2020/21 with the expectation of attending 19 home games in person. These have been sold by the club and bought by fans in the knowledge that some games will be behind closed doors. This is reflected in the fact that we have currently sold 3000 less tickets than this point last season.

Yep, I'm surprised that anybody is now even thinking that's an issue.

If there are any Season Ticket holders that feel they have a right to a refund, or credit, for any games missed, then I'd suggest that the best option for them would be to just cancel their Season Ticket.

Then the rest of us can just quietly help our club survive and accept that we're making a sacrifice to do so.

CapitalGreen
26-06-2020, 12:58 PM
As someone not planning on renewing I was hoping for more on pay-as-you-go options. But understandably I suppose it is more important than ever for the club to try and push the added value of being a STH and how things may look is still unclear. Look forward to more Info

I think I read when the agreement with Sky was made that virtual tickets available are capped at the amount of season tickets a club sold for season 2019/20. Therefore, it is correct that the only way to guarantee access is through a season ticket.

CentreLine
26-06-2020, 12:58 PM

If I remember correctly the reported conditions put by Sky in agreeing that clubs can broadcast to fans was that it would be restricted to ST holders only. I may have that wrong but that’s my memory of the early press coverage

Bobby's Cinema
26-06-2020, 01:07 PM
I think I read when the agreement with Sky was made that virtual tickets available are capped at the amount of season tickets a club sold for season 2019/20. Therefore, it is correct that the only way to guarantee access is through a season ticket.

I don’t think it can be the case that it’s a closed shop and if you don’t have £400 you can’t watch your team. Maybe KP can or has advised on what non- ST holders may expect? Again understand the message from the club right now is to highlight the benefit of the ST.

CentreLine
26-06-2020, 01:13 PM
I don’t think it can be the case that it’s a closed shop and if you don’t have £400 you can’t watch your team. Maybe KP can or has advised on what non- ST holders may expect? Again understand the message from the club right now is to highlight the benefit of the ST.

You may be right but my reading of it is ST holders only for live coverage. However, I imagine it will be business as usual where Hibs TV subscribers will be able to see the whole game from midnight on the day of the match. I wonder how “Open all mics” will perform with all this? A poor offering in place of seeing it live

matty_f
26-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Should keep in mind that your season ticket doesn't just pay for watching the games, it also goes towards having a team to watch.

Carheenlea
26-06-2020, 01:20 PM
Is it not the case that the arrangement with Broadcasters was primarily with club ST holders and the option for pay per view was not a guarantee at this time?

matty_f
26-06-2020, 01:23 PM
Is it not the case that the arrangement with Broadcasters was primarily with club ST holders and the option for pay per view was not a guarantee at this time?

I believe so.

Tambo
26-06-2020, 01:24 PM
I think that's poor that non season ticket holders cant get to watch games, don't the club want the money or is it an issue somewhere else?

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Sky said the number allowed access to the live games is capped at the higher of last year's season tickets and next year's season tickets. The club can't announce how many ppv slots might be available until they know how many season tickets have been sold. Having bought a season ticket, I will be disappointed if it's below £30 per game

Onion
26-06-2020, 01:28 PM
[/I]
I think it's definitely something hibs should be looking at. Credit towards 21/22 would be the best solution.
I've purchased 3 season tickets 2 adults and a kids from the same household.

£800 for a TV package is a bit steep

Agreed. Hibs need to be mindful of the overall value to ST holders. Remember, non-ST holders will also get to see the games through their ST holding pals, with no cost or investment in Hibs. IMO Hibs need to come up with a minimum no of in-person games , otherwise credit for next season.

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 01:29 PM
I think that's poor that non season ticket holders cant get to watch games, don't the club want the money or is it an issue somewhere else?

The issue is with Sky. And tbh I can see their point. They are devaluing their sky sports offering by doing this, so seems like a fair compromise that they have come to

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 01:31 PM
[/I]

Agreed. Hibs need to be mindful of the overall value to ST holders. Remember, non-ST holders will also get to see the games through their ST holding pals, with no cost or investment in Hibs. IMO Hibs need to come up with a minimum no of in-person games , otherwise credit for next season.

My personal opinion disagrees with this. I don't want the club running up large IOUs of games to fans. At the end of the day, it'll be money out of the club. I don't think anyone can claim that they are buying a season ticket blind to the risk that the might see none of the games in person.

Bobby's Cinema
26-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Sky said the number allowed access to the live games is capped at the higher of last year's season tickets and next year's season tickets. The club can't announce how many ppv slots might be available until they know how many season tickets have been sold. Having bought a season ticket, I will be disappointed if it's below £30 per game
I don’t think payg fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 01:48 PM
I don’t think fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.

But that's what season ticket holders have done?

Bobby's Cinema
26-06-2020, 01:49 PM
But that's what season ticket holders have done?
Well, you’ve got me there mate.

Difficult to equate this one, but £30+ just ain’t going to happen.

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 01:57 PM

Ditto the West Country of England.

Pretty crap. Guess we have Sky and BT Contracts to thank for that and their “exclusive” coverage.

Dodgy stream it is (of which there will be plenty).

J

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Can I just offer a solution (perhaps on the PM board) of “renting” me a login for the duration of lockdown.

It will work if there are families with multiple logins. (Say Mum, Dad and three kids) that will be 5 streams with only one required for the family. 4 going spare.

I will cover some of the cost of a ST in exchange for access to the live games. £50 quid for a login for the duration.

Like I said may want to keep this on the PM board to ensure legitimacy of fans (as much as you can).

Perhaps if people feel that it’s doing Hibs a disservice, maybe only offer it to ExPats.

Just a thought.

J

Edit - just another thought. Hibs May be able to organise this. £25 to the kid from the renter, £25 to Hibs. Once the tickets are sold Hibs have their “allocation” of feeds.

JennaFletcher
26-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Surprised Hibs aren’t yet looking at bundle Hibs TV deals to get some extra cash in. Obviously ST holders deserve all the perks but they’d surely get extra cash in through bundle deals for supporters who - for whatever reason - cannot purchase or renew ST

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:04 PM
I don’t think payg fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.

No way people will pay 30 bar for an online stream.

J

we are hibs
26-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Hamilton are doing "PATG" for their virtual coverage. £10 a game. Whats happening with away games?

green day
26-06-2020, 02:06 PM

As someone who has renewed their ST - knowing that it is, in effect, a donation to keep Hibs going - then being blunt, I dont really care what they charge "walkups" for an online stream.

My guess is it would be broadly in line with Hibs TV costs and if thats less than I paid, cest la vie.

That might not be popular among all fans - indeed renewing made no sense for me, as I am self emp and my income is way down - but any expectation that Hibs will give us some money back against next season is crazy - if we do that, then our budget is hit again.............and we will pay for it on the field of play.

I have IPTV, and could have watched all Hibs matches free, but I want Hibs to survive this, indeed I want us to come out stronger if possible.

And for that to happen, we need to be paying full priced STs for 21/22 if we want to compete.

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:07 PM
Surprised Hibs aren’t yet looking at bundle Hibs TV deals to get some extra cash in. Obviously ST holders deserve all the perks but they’d surely get extra cash in through bundle deals for supporters who - for whatever reason - cannot purchase or renew ST

Think the problem is Sky are capping live games for ST holders only.

Whereas my mate who is a Middlesbrough fan watched his team last week for a tenner through Boro’s TV. Sky seem OK for this to happen in England but not Scotland.

FWIW he wished he had met as Boro got horsed 3-0!

J

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:09 PM
Hamilton are doing "PATG" for their virtual coverage. £10 a game. Whats happening with away games?

How come we can’t do that? I thought Sky were capping the numbers.

J

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Can I just offer a solution (perhaps on the PM board) of “renting” me a login for the duration of lockdown.

It will work if there are families with multiple logins. (Say Mum, Dad and three kids) that will be 5 streams with only one required for the family. 4 going spare.

I will cover some of the cost of a ST in exchange for access to the live games. £50 quid for a login for the duration.

Like I said may want to keep this on the PM board to ensure legitimacy of fans (as much as you can).

Perhaps if people feel that it’s doing Hibs a disservice, maybe only offer it to ExPats.

Just a thought.

J

Edit - just another thought. Hibs May be able to organise this. £25 to the kid from the renter, £25 to Hibs. Once the tickets are sold Hibs have their “allocation” of feeds.
We are a family of 4 with 4 logins we don't need 4 streams. Not sure id want to hand over my client reference etc. I think this would be something hibs would need to facilitate. I

we are hibs
26-06-2020, 02:11 PM

J

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-opt-10-live-22201495.amp

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:14 PM
We are a family of 4 with 4 logins we don't need 4 streams. Not sure id want to hand over my client reference etc. I think this would be something hibs would need to facilitate. I

Yea, I know.

Why I suggested the PM Board. Just to give some providence. I get that people don’t know me from Adam.

Annoyingly all my friends and family who are ST holders are single or if they go in a group it’s Grandad, Uncle and other Nephew. All from three different households.

Like I said earlier, there will be rafts of hookey streams. Would be an idea that people with multiple STs in a house could “donate” logins for Hibs. To be sold to Fans who clearly cannot buy a ST. (I do class me as an English based Hibs fan in that bracket). Would gladly pay money direct to Hibs for this. No chance that I’m going to dent their ST sales.

J

Bristolhibby
26-06-2020, 02:14 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-opt-10-live-22201495.amp

Fair play.

J

Juniper Greens
26-06-2020, 02:22 PM

J

I think because they aren't selling season tickets, they will still have all 2,000 (or whatever their usual season tickets sell at) streams available to use. When that's full, they can't sell any more. So it will still be first come first served

green day
26-06-2020, 02:24 PM
I have no idea how many Hamilton ST holders they had last year, but the agreement seems to be that online subscribers for live games on Sky are limited to the number of season ticket holders in season 19/20.

The rest of the games aren't capped and will be available to ppv on their £10 a pop deal.

Presumably this will make it tricky for Rangers / Celtic matches where the ppv numbers will be quite limited?

As that is an away match, I will just watch on IPTV anyway :greengrin

Still Smiling
26-06-2020, 02:25 PM
When I renewed a few months ago Hibs implied all fans would get something special for committing early. I thought fans would get allocated training centre visits, tours, meet the players forums and prize draws.
Now it seems it’s Hibs TV and some prize draws.
I honestly think they could do more for the loyalty shown by Hibs fans...even a free Hibs lockdown t-shirt or Clubstore voucher.

Sioux
26-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Just a thought.

J

How would that work if the number of PPV subscribers is limited to sat 12,000 (ST holders 29/20)? Theoretically there might be 15,000+ trying to log on.

Sir David Gray
26-06-2020, 02:41 PM

Hamilton aren't selling season tickets.

CapitalGreen
26-06-2020, 02:41 PM

It’s actually not that different to how season tickets work normally Having a season ticket is the only way to guarantee being able to see the match. If you don’t have a season ticket you can try and purchase an individual match day ticket but if demand exceeds supply then you may miss out.

Tickets will be capped at 12,800 based on last years figures. Therefore if we remove the 9,000 season tickets sold for this year there would be less than 4,000 passes available to non-season ticket holders on a match by match basis.

04Sauzee
26-06-2020, 02:45 PM
How would that work if the number of PPV subscribers is limited to sat 12,000 (ST holders 29/20)? Theoretically there might be 15,000+ trying to log on.

I'm not sure if the OP is saying that say we have 9k ticket holder and maybe 2k of these were family tickets where the family were all in the same house, they woukd normally all go to the game together. Now although buying multiple tickets they only require 1 log in. Could Hibs facilitate selling the tickets to non season ticket holders as a 1 off or block of games. Some users may allow hibs to sell the ticket as additional revenue to the club?

I may be off track here so apologies

CapitalGreen
26-06-2020, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure if the OP is saying that say we have 9k ticket holder and maybe 2k of these were family tickets where the family were all in the same house, they woukd normally all go to the game together. Now although buying multiple tickets they only require 1 log in. Could Hibs facilitate selling the tickets to non season ticket holders as a 1 off or block of games. Some users may allow hibs to sell the ticket as additional revenue to the club?

I may be off track here so apologies

If season ticket holders are each given a unique code per game then I suppose they could do a secondary market similar to what’s done when we have a derby sell out.

gazelle
26-06-2020, 03:34 PM
For the last couple of years I have had to work every Saturday but it hasn't stopped me having a season ticket and getting along on a Sunday or midweek match when I can. With the prospect of still not going to a match on a saturday and watching a live screening of the match has there been anything mentioned that the match will be available to watch on some sort of catch up and people like myself could watch the match in the evening after work.

JohnM1875
26-06-2020, 03:46 PM
For the last couple of years I have had to work every Saturday but it hasn't stopped me having a season ticket and getting along on a Sunday or midweek match when I can. With the prospect of still not going to a match on a saturday and watching a live screening of the match has there been anything mentioned that the match will be available to watch on some sort of catch up and people like myself could watch the match in the evening after work.

Season ticket holders are also given access to Hibs TV. They show full match replays on their. So you'll be covered.

Tambo
26-06-2020, 05:52 PM
The issue is with Sky. And tbh I can see their point. They are devaluing their sky sports offering by doing this, so seems like a fair compromise that they have come to

Ok thanks, I can understand the games that are actually on sky but for the ones that aint could help clubs with revenue but I guess also thinking that most likely every live game sky will put on will probably involve one of the old firm.

Eyrie
26-06-2020, 06:27 PM
When I renewed a few months ago Hibs implied all fans would get something special for committing early. I thought fans would get allocated training centre visits, tours, meet the players forums and prize draws.
Now it seems it’s Hibs TV and some prize draws.
I honestly think they could do more for the loyalty shown by Hibs fans...even a free Hibs lockdown t-shirt or Clubstore voucher.

Hibs are offering various incentives (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654) over and above the games. The bit in bold is what you're expecting.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Receive a free digital matchday programme via email.

- Have first viewing access of all non-matchday related Hibs TV content.

- Receive exclusive content quarterly.

- Benefit from season ticket holder-only partner promotions and discounts.

- Enjoy free entry into monthly competitions to win Hibernian prizes, ranging from signed memorabilia, access to training sessions and meet and greets with players and staff.

- Have the opportunity to help shape future matchday experiences, taking part in season ticket-holder only surveys.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

- Have secured their seat for season 2020/21 and have first option for renewal for season 2021/22.

Jamesie
26-06-2020, 10:55 PM

Was there not also a suggestion that kids’ season tickets wouldn’t get the benefit of a TV login, or am I making that up?

Keith_M
27-06-2020, 08:35 AM
Should keep in mind that your season ticket doesn't just pay for watching the games, it also goes towards having a team to watch.

:agree:

EK-HIBEE
27-06-2020, 10:29 PM
It’s not ideal. But our club cares. It needs our support but it cares. We back it! If things don’t go right and there’s no games this year for fans I want free access to a good few games next year but for now we support the Club.

we are hibs
29-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Is this true?

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Is this true?

Makes sense if SKY are to protect their own investment.

Won’t affect me but ST holders without SKY will miss out.

Keith_M
29-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Is this true?

If it is, it will mean Season Tickets Holders won't get the chance to watch any home games against Celtc or The Rangers if they don't have a Sky subscription.

04Sauzee
29-06-2020, 04:47 PM
Is this true?

Quote probably I thought I read something similar before.
Remember we wouldn't be able to stream any games without sky's say so.

Borderhibbie76
29-06-2020, 04:50 PM
Someone I see has asked the question on Hibs official twitter and they've ignored it but answered someone below on another point...

hibbysam
29-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Is this true?

‘ - Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games’

Unless hibs and other clubs are mis-selling their overall package then this won’t be the case.

Sir David Gray
29-06-2020, 04:53 PM
Is this true?

It can't be as it contradicts Hibs' statement;

If what you've posted is true then you don't have "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" if you're required to have a Sky subscription to watch some of the games.

Keith_M
29-06-2020, 04:56 PM
It can't be as it contradicts Hibs' statement;

If what you've posted is true then you don't have "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" if you're required to have a Sky subscription to watch some of the games.

Did it also say... "Terms and Conditions apply"?

KennyMillar
29-06-2020, 05:05 PM
Someone I see has asked the question on Hibs official twitter and they've ignored it but answered someone below on another point...

With the volume of questions we get across the social platforms it's easy to miss one. They've had a reply now.

Season ticket holders will be able to view all home games. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out, but that we can say.

Sir David Gray
29-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Did it also say... "Terms and Conditions apply"?

I've just had a look at the season ticket T&Cs and there's no mention of fans needing to have Sky to watch certain matches.

Hibs are clearly selling season tickets on the basis that this will allow the holder to watch every home league game live on Hibs TV, whilst access to the stadium remains forbidden.

I don't believe that you will need Sky to watch some of the matches but if you will then it's false advertising from Hibs.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2020, 05:12 PM
I've just had a look at the season ticket T&Cs and there's no mention of fans needing to have Sky to watch certain matches.

Hibs are clearly selling season tickets on the basis that this will allow the holder to watch every home league game live on Hibs TV, whilst access to the stadium remains forbidden.

I don't believe that you will need Sky to watch some of the matches but if you will then it's false advertising from Hibs.
Read above

Sir David Gray
29-06-2020, 05:22 PM
Read above

Yes I saw it after I had posted.

It just confirms what I had basically said, there was no chance that Hibs would have issued such a categorical statement if there was some doubt over Sky's rights in the TV deal.

liongard82
29-06-2020, 06:02 PM
I know in England, season ticket holders have been given Now TV day passes for home games on tv.

Jamesie
29-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Is this true?

On the basis that Hibs TV has previously been able to use the Sky / BT feed for home games covered by those broadcasters then if this is true it likely marks an erosion of Hibs' broadcasting rights - which I find doubtful.

Borderhibbie76
29-06-2020, 07:52 PM
With the volume of questions we get across the social platforms it's easy to miss one. They've had a reply now.

Season ticket holders will be able to view all home games. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out, but that we can say.

Appreciate the reply and clarification thanks Kenny

Keith_M
30-06-2020, 07:09 AM

Cheers

:aok: