PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo gifts HFC £50K (cheers!)

EI255
23-06-2020, 02:31 PM
That'll do nicely Mr Jumbo

BBC News - SPFL: All 42 clubs receive £50,000 crisis fund grant
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53148474

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
23-06-2020, 02:40 PM
That is what I don't get Hearts fans think they made the donations :rolleyes:

It was made by a man who The Budgie knows so I suppose that maybe close enough to make that claim :greengrin We are all grateful and bow to the Maroon £ :not worth

jacomo
23-06-2020, 02:43 PM
That is what I don't get Hearts fans think they made the donations :rolleyes:

It was made by a man who The Budgie knows so I suppose that maybe close enough to make that claim :greengrin We are all grateful and bow to the Maroon £ :not worth

Uh oh. I had assumed payment was in Sterling but 50k maroon pounds worth a lot less at today’s exchange rates.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-06-2020, 02:54 PM
We should put a bid in for Hickey. I always feel bad when big clubs go stealing from the wee diddy teams in the lower leagues but it’s a dog eat dog world out there.

danhibees1875
23-06-2020, 02:57 PM
Fair play to him, that's extremely generous. :agree:

Bostonhibby
23-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Nothing wrong with philanthropic donations as this certainly appears to be as of now, and good on him, but please let's not mix this up with Heart of midlothian's fast and loose approach to management of charitable donations that happen to pass through their hands, or be their responsibility.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
23-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Good on him for his gesture. Nothing will convince me tho’ that he didn’t have ulterior motives, ( which are obvious to everyone). It was worth the gamble as it might have and possibly still could give the Jambos a lifeline.

King Cosell
23-06-2020, 04:15 PM
We get the same as Cowdenbeath? That's b*****ks, the big boys should get the lion's share.

Sammy7nil
23-06-2020, 04:19 PM
We get the same as Cowdenbeath? That's b*****ks, the big boys should get the lion's share.

The BIG team did they got £10 million

scoopyboy
23-06-2020, 04:19 PM

The man stipulated when he donated the money it was £50,000 each. Fair enough in my book

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2020, 04:57 PM

We have more money than they do, and access to resources that they don't have. We are better placed to survive the pandemic than they are.

It could be argued that the smaller teams need the cash more than we do.

BILLYHIBS
23-06-2020, 05:01 PM
Fair play to the guy

Said it at the time

Win! Win!

Hearts go down we still get the cash

What’s not to like?

Very generous donation

HendoDelivered
23-06-2020, 05:08 PM
Fair play indeed.

allezsauzee
23-06-2020, 05:13 PM
I think we should follow Celtic, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock in donating this to the Hibs Community Foundation just to make it clear that we feel no obligation to Hearts/James Anderson in any future reconstruction proposal or compensation agreement. Not that I would libel Anderson in suggesting that this was a thinly veiled bribe.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2020, 05:16 PM
I think we should follow Celtic, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock in donating this to the Hibs Community Foundation just to make it clear that we feel no obligation to Hearts/James Anderson in any future reconstruction proposal or compensation agreement. Not that I would libel Anderson in suggesting that this was a thinly veiled bribe.

The BBC piece says that other clubs have done exactly that, without naming them. It wouldn't surprise me if we were one of them.

BILLYHIBS
23-06-2020, 05:17 PM
:agree:

Keith_M
23-06-2020, 05:18 PM
The BBC piece says that other clubs have done exactly that, without naming them. It wouldn't surprise me if we were one of them.

Hibs don't get positive publicity.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2020, 05:45 PM
The BIG team did they got £10 millionYeah but that's the minimum cost of getting relegated, the rest of the teams, including cowdenbeath are not prepared or able to spend that much pursuing the relegation dream, nor would their fans be conned into settling for it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
23-06-2020, 07:00 PM
The "trampy wee diddy clubs" (hertz fans words) that did not support them and are going to be boycotted next term will welcome the 50 grand.
If J Anderson has not stipulated how and where it should be spent to qualify for the grant.....
Our share could go to Hibernian charities or some to local primary schools for sports equipment.

James Stephen
23-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Im not a big advocate of women's fitba or anything, but i wondered if some of it could be used for women's team?

Mick O'Rourke
23-06-2020, 07:08 PM
Im not a big advocate of women's fitba or anything, but i wondered if some of it could be used for women's team?

Good shout
They have done very well on limited funding for a number of years
Did the club proud with those cup wins and good football
Hence the best going to pastures new here and abroad and making a full time living playing the game.

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2020, 07:54 PM

Anderson has donated £250k to women's football as part of the donation to the SPFLT.

Andy74
23-06-2020, 08:20 PM
This better be going towards the Big Screen.

EI255
23-06-2020, 08:25 PM
This better be going towards the Big Screen.That's more like it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2020, 08:53 PM
This better be going towards the Big Screen.

The big screen of staff and fans, yeah.