PDA

View Full Version : Silence from the club

AugustaHibs
22-06-2020, 12:00 PM
I’m surprised that we haven’t heard anything at all yet from today. Feel like the club need to be a bit more transparent with everything going on, along with advertising HS.

Coco Bryce
22-06-2020, 12:02 PM
I’m surprised that we haven’t heard anything at all yet from today. Feel like the club need to be a bit more transparent with everything going on, along with advertising HS.

I was expecting maybe some vids or photos of the players back in training on fb or twitter today right enough. Unless I've missed them :confused:

Speedway
22-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Maybe the social media team are still on furlough.

Power
22-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Club will communicate with supporters once a number of key areas have been firmed up - consultations, cost saving proposals, players return, return to football package for supporters plus more.

Today is the first day HTC is open in its new biosecure way - the tightest restrictions possible - Small media team available are giving it a few days for the new process to settle.

GonzoReturns
22-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Club will communicate with supporters once a number of key areas have been firmed up - consultations, cost saving proposals, players return, return to football package for supporters plus more.

Today is the first day HTC is open in its new biosecure way - the tightest restrictions possible - Small media team available are giving it a few days for the new process to settle.

This is why you are the perfect fan rep. 👍👍👍

Coco Bryce
22-06-2020, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Leitherhibs
22-06-2020, 12:16 PM

You cannot be commended enough for your proactivity.

Speedway
22-06-2020, 12:27 PM

Nice one KP.

JohnMcM
22-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Good stuff, thanks.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-06-2020, 12:40 PM
This is why you are the perfect fan rep. 👍👍👍

KP must stay! ;)

Gerard
22-06-2020, 12:54 PM
KP must stay! ;)

Why, was he going to leave ?

HairyMM
22-06-2020, 12:57 PM

If someone offers money Power will be away 😂

Keith_M
22-06-2020, 12:58 PM

I hear Ann Budge put an offer in as their PR department is sadly lacking.

Gerard
22-06-2020, 01:04 PM
If someone offers money Power will be away 😂

A sign of the times.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2020, 01:06 PM
Do we really expect weekly updates? They definitely have better things to do.

Lago
22-06-2020, 01:06 PM
In comparison to the Dons Hibs have been slow off the mark. Aberdeen 's Cormack has been very viable, bad news announced re players wages & £10m Black Hole black hole. Then good news, again by Cormack announcing player wage nigotiations complete, plus £5m already available against short fall. Then Haynes signs 2 year deal, so all in all a successful PR media blitz. In contrast nothing from our American owner or our CEO.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2020, 01:07 PM
In comparison to the Dons Hibs have been slow off the mark. Aberdeen 's Cormack has been very viable, bad news announced re players wages & £10m Black Hole black hole. Then good news, again by Cormack announcing player wage nigotiations complete, plus £5m already available against short fall. Then Haynes signs 2 year deal, so all in all a successful PR media blitz. In contrast nothing from our American owner or our CEO.

Why is Ron's nationality relevant?

Keith_M
22-06-2020, 01:09 PM

Maybe trying to make a direct comparison with Cormack?

:dunno:

I agree with you, though, it is irrelevant (though I don't think it's a big deal)

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Club will communicate with supporters once a number of key areas have been firmed up - consultations, cost saving proposals, If we are waiting on the players accepting their pay cuts then its going to be a long wait if the rumours are true

ancient hibee
22-06-2020, 01:10 PM

We were told last week that negotiations were to take place with the players this week.Do we need to be told that again?

Keith_M
22-06-2020, 01:11 PM
If we are waiting on the players accepting their pay cuts then its going to be a long wait if the rumours are true

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
-- Mark Twain

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 01:13 PM
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
-- Mark Twain The rumours are coming from a very pissed off players dad by all accounts

Spike Mandela
22-06-2020, 01:13 PM
I know it is lockdown and things are quite boring but people seem to expect a running commentary of daily updates from the club.

I trust the club is quietly getting on with business, doing things in the right manner especially with many difficult decisions to make. Leave it to others to fill the airwaves with hot air and bravado.

Whenever the season starts we'll be ready.

Stuart93
22-06-2020, 01:15 PM
The rumours are coming from a very pissed off players dad by all accounts

Christ, you seem more negative than me

That takes some doing by the way

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2020, 01:17 PM

And why was the player pissed off?

''oh no, I'm being treated the same as everyone else in the league, I'm raging''

Doesn't really stand up.

Lago
22-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Both are US based & have contacts there. Cormack appears to be using his better
Didn't think I needed to spell it out in words of 2 syllables

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 01:19 PM
And why was the player pissed off?

''oh no, I'm being treated the same as everyone else in the league, I'm raging''

Doesn't really stand up.He is not a spring chicken and feels the club are trying to force him out the door

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2020, 01:19 PM

Whooooosh :greengrin

green day
22-06-2020, 01:21 PM
He is not a spring chicken and feels the club are trying to force him out the door

You really need to try a bit harder to make it less obvious.

BILLYHIBS
22-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Announce Kevin Nisbet !

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Christ, you seem more negative than me

That takes some doing by the way im not negative at all. Im just telling you what ive heard. If i was told that everything was fantastic behind the scenes then thats what i would post.

green day
22-06-2020, 01:23 PM
im not negative at all. Im just telling you what ive heard. If i was told that everything was fantastic behind the scenes then thats what i would post.

Sure you would.

CapitalGreen
22-06-2020, 01:25 PM

Cormack’s net worth is probably somewhere between 5x and 10x that of Gordon’s based on how much they sold their respective firms for.

tamig
22-06-2020, 01:25 PM
I know it is lockdown and things are quite boring but people seem to expect a running commentary of daily updates from the club.

I trust the club is quietly getting on with business, doing things in the right manner especially with many difficult decisions to make. Leave it to others to fill the airwaves with hot air and bravado.

Whenever the season starts we'll be ready.
Patience is a virtue in short supply for many on here unfortunately.

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Sure you would. Why would i not?

Lago
22-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Cormack’s net worth is probably somewhere between 5x and 10x that of Gordon’s based on how much they sold their respective firms for.
I'm not sure what that has to do with using their contacts there other than maybe one is a better business man than the other ��

Gatecrasher
22-06-2020, 01:30 PM
To be honest following the statement from the club about the financial situation and the response from the support via HSL, season tickets and shirt sales I would like the club the give us some hope that the season isn’t going to be a doom and gloom and we’ll look to be competitive as we normally are.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2020, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure what that has to do with using their contacts there other than maybe one is a better business man than the other ��

''using their contacts'' what exactly does that mean? What do you expect their ''contacts'' to do?

Callum_62
22-06-2020, 01:37 PM
He is not a spring chicken and feels the club are trying to force him out the doorWhat rumours have I missed?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
22-06-2020, 01:41 PM
To be honest following the statement from the club about the financial situation and the response from the support via HSL, season tickets and shirt sales I would like the club the give us some hope that the season isn’t going to be a doom and gloom and we’ll look to be competitive as we normally are.

I’m not really wanting a statement for the sake of a statement.

Season starts 5 weeks on Saturday so seeing the squad start to take a bit of shape over the next 2-3 weeks would be useful.

I’m not suggesting we go out and bid hundreds of thousands of pounds for anyone, I’m realistic about where we are. But rectifying the finance issues so we can start moving on that front is important. As you say, the support have certainly done their bit since the pandemic hit and will continue to do so.

H18 SFR
22-06-2020, 01:43 PM

Gives you and others for that matter something to moan about though.

Gatecrasher
22-06-2020, 01:43 PM
I’m not really wanting a statement for the sake of a statement.

Season starts 5 weeks on Saturday so seeing the squad start to take a bit of shape over the next 2-3 weeks.

I’m not suggesting we go out and bid hundreds of thousands of pounds for anyone, I’m realistic about where we are. But rectifying the finance issues so we can start moving on that front is important. As you say, the support have certainly done their bit since the pandemic hit and will continue to do so.
Not necessarily a statement, an interview with JR on the plans for the year for example. Something to get us a bit excited. It’s been a long 3/4 months!

Billy Whizz
22-06-2020, 01:56 PM

Who’s dad

matty_f
22-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Interview with Ron Gordon on Hibs' twitter just landed.

Heisenberg
22-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Interview with Ron on now, part two later.

https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1275065470312316928?s=21

brog
22-06-2020, 02:00 PM
He is not a spring chicken and feels the club are trying to force him out the door

Well the player's dad wouldn't be a spring chicken, would he? 😁

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 02:02 PM
What rumours have I missed?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk All rumour and innuendo but you cant beat some gossip on a fans forum. We all know somebody who knows somebody else with inside info at the club. If you drink in certain pubs in Leith and Easter Road you can find out what Ron Gordon has for his breakfast.

TrinityHibs
22-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Who’s dad

The very pissed off player Billy. The one who isn’t a spring chicken and is being forced out of the door. I am personally appalled. Old Lives Matter

matty_f
22-06-2020, 02:07 PM

Discussion on that on this thread:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?347053-Interview-with-Ron-Gordon&goto=newpost

WestCoastHibby
22-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Some of you guys need to go out for some fresh air and clear your heads.
There's too much twaddle about other teams fortunes and or managers, chairmen, signings, tea ladies one lump or two etc

Countries in dire straits and rumour and conjecture abound.

Ps if you're going to join the dots get some valid dots first.

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 02:08 PM
The very pissed off player Billy. The one who isn’t a spring chicken and is being forced out of the door. I am personally appalled. Old Lives Matter If that particular rumour is true there is not a Hibs fan on earth who wouldnt be very pissed off about it

Rumble de Thump
22-06-2020, 02:10 PM
We're fortunate that our club is well run and we have a really decent group of guys in the squad. None of them are stupid or oblivious to the situation that is impacting people all over the world. As far as I'm aware, none of them are upset with Hibs, as nothing is being forced on them. Everyone's talking like grown ups.

Onceinawhile
22-06-2020, 02:12 PM
If that particular rumour is true there is not a Hibs fan on earth who wouldnt be very pissed off about it

That only really leaves two players:

Mcgregor and gray.

JimBHibees
22-06-2020, 02:14 PM

Sounds like complete sense to me.

Stuart93
22-06-2020, 02:14 PM
If that particular rumour is true there is not a Hibs fan on earth who wouldnt be very pissed off about it

There’s no room for sentiment in football unfortunately especially at this time.

The club can’t keep a player on their books who they don’t feel makes the team better. There’s ways to go about it mind you.

Your post is incredibly dramatic though. As have been the majority of your posts so far.

Callum_62
22-06-2020, 02:19 PM

What rumour?

Who being 'forced out?'

CropleyWasGod
22-06-2020, 02:22 PM

What is the rumour?

You're amongst friends :wink:

Green Manalishi
22-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Your post is incredibly dramatic though. As have been the majority of your posts so far. i didnt realise you were following me around the forum monitoring my posts. Honestly pal im not that exciting.

JimBHibees
22-06-2020, 02:23 PM
What is the rumour?

You're amongst friends :wink:

Maybe :greengrin

Lee Marvin
22-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Maybe :greengrin

Highly doubtful I'd suggest

Stuart93
22-06-2020, 02:33 PM
i didnt realise you were following me around the forum monitoring my posts. Honestly pal im not that exciting.

I’m not. You’ve just posted quite a lot today is all.

Lago
22-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Our American owner has spoken & he has spoken very well, thanks for the measured sensible words.