PDA

View Full Version : Tony Young (Milton Mowbray) R.I.P

monktonharp
21-06-2020, 09:28 PM
It is with great regret that I announce the passing of my Cousin Tony, who died 2 days ago. He passed away at home in Danderhall after a fight with cancer. He will be missed forever by his family, and greatly missed by myself and all our branch members. he was a stalwart traveller on our supporter's bus and often ran a mini bus if we were short on numbers. Rest in Peace Anthony.

Fanforlife
21-06-2020, 09:31 PM
It is with great regret that I announce the passing of my Cousin Tony, who died 2 days ago. He passed away at home in Danderhall after a fight with cancer. He will be missed forever by his family, and greatly missed by myself and all our branch members. he was a stalwart traveller on our supporter's bus and often ran a mini bus if we were short on numbers. Rest in Peace Anthony.sorry to hear of your loss M8.😥

linlithgowhibbie
21-06-2020, 09:32 PM
It is with great regret that I announce the passing of my Cousin Tony, who died 2 days ago. He passed away at home in Danderhall after a fight with cancer. He will be missed forever by his family, and greatly missed by myself and all our branch members. he was a stalwart traveller on our supporter's bus and often ran a mini bus if we were short on numbers. Rest in Peace Anthony.

Sorry to read that mate. RIP Tony

Jamesie
21-06-2020, 09:33 PM
RIP Tony

04Sauzee
21-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, hope your thoughts with family and friends at this time. RIP

CraigHibee
21-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Sorry for your loss bud

monktonharp
21-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Sorry to read that mate. RIP Tonythanks Brian. It was a real shock to all, given the short period from diagnosis. thanks to all who comment and he was well kent, and liked

franks
21-06-2020, 09:50 PM
Liked Tony since the first time I met him at an away game v Cowdenbeath. I took to him straight away and went on to consider him a friend. I will miss him and offer my sincere condolences to all his family.

RIP Tony

Stanton Spence
21-06-2020, 09:54 PM
It is with great regret that I announce the passing of my Cousin Tony, who died 2 days ago. He passed away at home in Danderhall after a fight with cancer. He will be missed forever by his family, and greatly missed by myself and all our branch members. he was a stalwart traveller on our supporter's bus and often ran a mini bus if we were short on numbers. Rest in Peace Anthony.Sorry to hear that mate hope you and your family are ok
RIP TONY GGTTH

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

oneone73
21-06-2020, 09:57 PM
A lovely guy. Deepest commiserations.

kaimendhibs
21-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Very sorry for your loss. RIP

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
22-06-2020, 04:01 AM
Very sorry to hear of your sad news Wullie.

RIP Tony.

jonny
22-06-2020, 06:40 AM
I knew Tony pretty well, actually stayed directly across the road from him in Danderhall. My old man and him got really friendly and we went to a load of games together (along with his lovely daughter).
Absolute gem of a man who's passing will be felt right through his local community as well as through the Hibs community.
Sing with the angels high above Tony.

FranckSuzy
22-06-2020, 07:58 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that. RIP Tony.

inglisavhibs
22-06-2020, 08:08 AM
Very sad news, horrible disease.

green.oracle
22-06-2020, 08:43 AM

Absolutely gutted to hear this news.

Tony and his grandson, Bailey, have sat next to me and my family in the famous five lower for the last 10 years or so. Like another poster said, we took to him right away. Easy guy to get on with and full of passion for Hibs.

Going to miss you mate.

Our condolences to his nearest and dearest.

R.I.P. Tony (with the angels high above)

Bostonhibby
22-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Another right good Hibby gone, RIP Tony.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MichelleHibs
22-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Really gutted to hear this, as Dad (green.oracle) said sat beside him in FF for years. had many a moan and enjoyed many a goal celebration with him! At least you will be able to shout and swear at the team now Tony without Chloe (my daughter) giving you a row!

Thoughts to Bailey, Barry and all the family.

Up in heaven I'll be singing....:flag:

gbhibby
22-06-2020, 02:40 PM
RIP Tony.

TomTheHibbyBev
22-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Very sad news a great guy to know and be friends with
Will be greatly missed
Rest in peace Tony
GGTTH

winnipeg jets
22-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Willie my thoughts are with you and the family.

mim
22-06-2020, 08:13 PM
R.I.P. Tony.

kevinc
23-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Absolute gentleman, RIP mate.

monktonharp
26-06-2020, 01:36 AM
just an update, and thank you to all for comments. Anthony Young, funeral 11am on Tues.30th. at Seafield crematorium. limited family numbers but there will be speakers positioned outside, to allow some to hear the service. Social distancing reqd. Tony will be carried in, with the NUM flag on the coffin and the Milton Mowbray flag will be aloft, at the entrance of the Crematorium as the cortege arrives. Tony will also be piped out of Danderhall on the day.

wpj
26-06-2020, 04:40 AM
Sorry for yours and Milton Mowbray's loss. I am guessing Tony was on the bus when I travelled with you all to Motherwell many years ago. A good bunch of Hibees and was made to feel very welcome. RIP Tony.

leemel
27-06-2020, 05:53 AM
Rip tony

monktonharp
29-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Sorry for yours and Milton Mowbray's loss. I am guessing Tony was on the bus when I travelled with you all to Motherwell many years ago. A good bunch of Hibees and was made to feel very welcome. RIP Tony. I was there, you were there and my Cuz Tony was there. the hardest task I have ever hard in life, will be tomorrow morning was a tribute to him in front of a limited amount of people there to pay their respects to a great guy. god bless Tony.

Stanton Spence
29-06-2020, 11:32 PM
I was there, you were there and my Cuz Tony was there. the hardest task I have ever hard in life, will be tomorrow morning was a tribute to him in front of a limited amount of people there to pay their respects to a great guy. god bless Tony.I'm sure you will do Tony proud Wullie hope all goes well in the morning and keep strong bud

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
29-06-2020, 11:44 PM
RIP Hibby

O'Rourke3
30-06-2020, 06:14 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP Tony.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk