PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when next season's top flight fixtures are due to be released?

G B Young
21-06-2020, 10:29 AM
I recall Doncaster saying they'd start compiling next season's top flight fixtures now that Hearts' relegation has been rubber stamped but did he give a date for this?

Ozyhibby
21-06-2020, 10:30 AM
I recall Doncaster saying they'd start compiling next season's top flight fixtures now that Hearts' relegation has been rubber stamped but did he give a date for this?

3rd July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
21-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Is the league cup being played in its current format but starting in October?

G B Young
21-06-2020, 01:10 PM
3rd July.

Thanks. Seems quite late, but then I guess nobody needs to make any travel plans or buy tickets etc for the next few months.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Is the league cup being played in its current format but starting in October?

Don’t think anything’s been confirmed about the League cup

Bristolhibby
21-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Don’t think anything’s been confirmed about the League cup

Bin it off in its current format. Go straight knockout.

Presume with us being 7th we enter early with the rest of the dross?

J

Billy Whizz
21-06-2020, 02:42 PM

J

We would, but a lot will depend when it is, and who’s still in Europe
If the championship isn’t starting until October, can’t see it much before November, and that’s not taking into consideration League’s 1&2

Keith_M
21-06-2020, 05:04 PM
I think it would be sensible just to cancel the League Cup for one season.

The lower leagues aren't going to be starting anytime soon and it would be too much pressure to try to squeeze yet another competition into a shortened season.

we are hibs
21-06-2020, 05:05 PM
League cup is due to start on 7th October.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2020, 05:13 PM
League cup is due to start on 7th October.
Ok ta, it’s not been added to this yet. That weekend is an international break
https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

hibbyfraelibby
21-06-2020, 05:36 PM

J

Top4 don't go into sectional round as they are suppised to be in Europe

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2020, 05:44 PM
I'd have thought the clubs would want to play the league cup, mainly because it pays if you reach the later rounds.

The sponsors whoever they are will also want their exposure albeit tv exposure.

I'd think a straight knockout competition with no replays might work for this season, maybe seeded in the early rounds?

we are hibs
21-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Ok ta, it’s not been added to this yet. That weekend is an international break
https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5064

Pencilled in for the 7th according to QotS

Billy Whizz
21-06-2020, 06:15 PM
https://www.qosfc.com/news-5064

Pencilled in for the 7th according to QotS

Ta, 3 matches as well, must be the group stages as before

Sir David Gray
21-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Top4 don't go into sectional round as they are suppised to be in Europe

It really depends on whether the Scottish Cup is completed by UEFA's deadline or not. If it is then it could be Hibs or Hearts that get the bye for the League Cup. If it's not (which is more than likely) then it will be 4th (Aberdeen) that gets it.

Ozyhibby
21-06-2020, 08:59 PM
I think it would be sensible just to cancel the League Cup for one season.

The lower leagues aren't going to be starting anytime soon and it would be too much pressure to try to squeeze yet another competition into a shortened season.

The league cup brings a lot of revenue into the game, especially at the lower levels. It’s very much needed. It’s more lucrative than the Scottish cup.

Jamesie
21-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Telegraph reporting 9 July rather than 3 July as the current fixture release date...

Billy Whizz
22-06-2020, 05:17 PM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/scottish-league-cup-may-be-voluntary-to-enter-next-season?top

04Sauzee
24-06-2020, 09:37 PM
The Sun
FootballScottish Premiership
PENCILLED IN Celtic to host first Rangers in first Old Firm clash of the season before end of October
Derek McGregor
22:30, 24 Jun 2020Updated: 22:35, 24 Jun 2020

Comment now

THE first Old Firm derby of the new season will be staged at Celtic Park before the end of October.

It’s understood the SPFL plan to release the 2020-21 Premiership and Championship fixtures next Friday.

Celtic Park
Celtic Park
Celtic boss Neil Lennon indicated a fortnight ago he’d like the opening home clash against the Gers – normally watched by nearly 60,000 fans - pushed back as long as possible to at least ensure it’s not behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 situation.

But, it’s now believed that won’t happen and it will be fixed for a date no later than October.

Sky Sports’ five-year broadcasting deal kicks off on August 1 and it’s thought they want the first derby to be pencilled in for the end of the month.

The Championship is scheduled to begin on October 17.

MOST READ IN FOOTBALL

NOT HAVING ITKevin Thomson hits back at John Collins as he insists claims made him 'boil'

BACK INFans could be in grounds as early as JULY with restricted numbers and distancing
Growing hopes of fans being able to return to grounds early in the campaign, even if just in reduced numbers, depend on more details from First Minister Nicola Sturgeon who is preparing to give the go-ahead to live outdoor events with physical distancing possibly from July 23.

SPFL operations director Iain Blair is considering European and international dates – including Rangers’ Europa League tie against Bayer Leverkusen – ahead of fixtures being finalised.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page

Jack Hendry is over his knee injury as Celtic defender twists and turns in training video
TOPICS
CelticRangers

Billy Whizz
25-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Telegraph reporting 9 July rather than 3 July as the current fixture release date...

Think it’s reverted back to the 3rd

3pm
25-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Decent that the press know when Celtic play Rangers.

hibbyfraelibby
25-06-2020, 06:59 PM
I'd have thought the clubs would want to play the league cup, mainly because it pays if you reach the later rounds.

The sponsors whoever they are will also want their exposure albeit tv exposure.

I'd think a straight knockout competition with no replays might work for this season, maybe seeded in the early rounds?

...and when would you play the games? Before October or after the 30 teams who are not yet allowed to return get back into training?

Billy Whizz
27-06-2020, 01:28 PM
The fixture man on Sportsound just now, hoping to get the Scottish cup semis in before the end of they year
Also saying it’s the most congested fixture list he’s worked on in 22 years

Billy Whizz
27-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Ian Blair just confirmed that fixtures will be out on Friday, or Monday 6th
No winter break

davhibby
27-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Also said that the Betfred cup groups are happening during the international break in October and we won’t be allowed to postpone if we have call ups

Billy Whizz
27-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Also said that the Betfred cup groups are happening during the international break in October and we won’t be allowed to postpone if we have call ups

And semi final and final of Betfred will be played in 2021
Scottish cup final for tournament 2020/21 will be played on 8th May, as Hampden will be needed for Euro 2021’s

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2020, 07:23 AM
...and when would you play the games? Before October or after the 30 teams who are not yet allowed to return get back into training?

I'd start it straight away, dont give a toss about the diddy clubs fitness.:wink:

147lothian
29-06-2020, 02:28 PM
SPFL first 4 fixtures:

Dundee United:

Aberdeen (A), Celtic (H), St Johnstone (A), Hamilton (A)

Rangers:

Hamilton (H), Ross County (A), Hibs (A), Motherwell (A)

Hearts:

Sheriff Court (H), Sherriff Appeal Court (A), Court of Session (A), UK Supreme Court (A)

Tambo
29-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Had a feeling the last few weeks that our first game will be away at tannadice on sky, let's hope I'm right.

Since452
29-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Ian Blair just confirmed that fixtures will be out on Friday, or Monday 6th
No winter break

That's a bummer for Hearts. The Championship usually gets some exposure when the big teams have their winter break

Eyrie
29-06-2020, 06:23 PM
That's a bummer for Hearts. The Championship usually gets some exposure when the big teams have their winter break

Alba will regularly feature Hearts Neoni.

04Sauzee
01-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Monday 9:00am announced

Tambo
03-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Still got that feeling Dundee United Vs Hibs first game.

Billy Whizz
03-07-2020, 03:41 PM
9am Monday morning

https://spfl.co.uk/news/fixtures-published-on-monday

And the wee teams, date TBC

Keith_M
03-07-2020, 03:46 PM
League Two have now also agreed a 27 game season.

Billy Whizz
05-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Wonder how long after the fixtures are released tomorrow, will we know which games will be moved for TV