PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United, Raith and Cove Legal Options

hibby rae
19-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Any legal minds here able to clarify?

Can Dundee Utd sue Hearts directly, if they are denied promotion? Would they have to wait for the initial case to be decided?

What would be their, and Rovers etc. options?

tonyrougier123
19-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Hearts being reinstated and utd being denied promotion would never happen anyway.it has been decided to end the season,hearts may win compo case, but it will be championship football guaranteed for them regardless.lets be honest in light of how things are any good judge would tell them to bolt anyway.chancers these jambos.

FilipinoHibs
19-06-2020, 10:22 AM
I think their defense will be in with the SPFl's reply to the **** in the court of session.

matty_f
19-06-2020, 10:45 AM
The Dundee United owner has deep pockets and has been spending a fortune on getting promoted, if there's any danger of that not happening now then I can imagine they'll counter claim.

I don't know whether they can take action against Hearts directly, though there is a rule that clubs need SFA permission to take legal action, so they could maybe ask if it's ok first and then just go for it :greengrin

mjhibby
19-06-2020, 10:53 AM
Absolutely shameful it’s come to this. When I tell jambos they are suing other clubs they are at first surprised as they didn’t realise but then **** I’m is their attitude. They so lack self awareness that they don’t realise the ****storm coming their way. Other clubs relationship with them could be damaged beyond repair. And all because jack chose us and they chose Stendel. Could turn out to be their worst appt ever. Oh and budge of course the second biggest appt as head after submarine man. They have no idea how dlsliked they are. Dons fans have them second only to sevco in the hate league. Bravo jambos. How to lose all credibility and any semblance of sympathy in one go. Marvellous..

Scotty Leither
19-06-2020, 04:01 PM
"We are all DURRC".

(Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove.)

Needs a bit of work admittedly, but John Lennon didnae write "Imagine" in two minutes.

Irish_Steve
19-06-2020, 04:04 PM
"We are all DURRC".

(Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove.)

Needs a bit of work admittedly, but John Lennon didnae write "Imagine" in two minutes.

I would just love for all of the other 40 teams to file legal actions against them! Not so much the Toxic Twins but the Toxic Twats

HoboHarry
19-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Any legal minds here able to clarify?

Can Dundee Utd sue Hearts directly, if they are denied promotion? Would they have to wait for the initial case to be decided?

What would be their, and Rovers etc. options?
I'm not understanding either - have Hearts taken legal action directly against three clubs or is it just that they are responding because of the consequences they would face?

Scotty Leither
19-06-2020, 04:11 PM
I'm not understanding either - have Hearts taken legal action directly against three clubs or is it just that they are responding because of the consequences they would face?

I don't think Budge and Co are understanding either.

On that note, when's the next pearl of wisdom from the Conveyancer due in? (Or is he too busy watching his box sets of Judge Rinder for his inspiration?)

northgreen24
19-06-2020, 04:20 PM
I really don’t get what hearts were thinking, they know reconstruction failed, they want Celtic to keep the league so annoy theranger but want the teams who won not to go up but they should stay in despit being the worse......the irony,

Clubs should release a joint statement saying while we sympathise with hearts and Partick there was no realistic alternative, the members took a democratic vote and we fully stand by the result and if Partick and hearts feel they can’t / won’t adhere to the rules then there will be a motion to suspend as we need to end this uncertainty

Dibben
19-06-2020, 04:48 PM
I really don’t get what hearts were thinking, they know reconstruction failed, they want Celtic to keep the league so annoy theranger but want the teams who won not to go up but they should stay in despit being the worse......the irony,

Clubs should release a joint statement saying while we sympathise with hearts and Partick there was no realistic alternative, the members took a democratic vote and we fully stand by the result and if Partick and hearts feel they can’t / won’t adhere to the rules then there will be a motion to suspend as we need to end this uncertainty

But, but, but it’s unfair....

Big team
5-1
Blah blah blah...