PDA

View Full Version : Neil Doncaster gets job with UEFA

Keith_M
18-06-2020, 01:45 PM
"NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body."

"In his new role Doncaster will have a say in UEFA punishments being handed out to clubs for breaking rules."

The Herald. (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18526100.spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-appointed-uefas-control-ethics-disciplinary-body/)

It also says...

"He will not take ruling over Scottish clubs."

But I wonder if he might have some influence over the current situation with Hearts and Thistle.

:hmmm:

Jim44
18-06-2020, 01:50 PM
"NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body."

"In his new role Doncaster will have a say in UEFA punishments being handed out to clubs for breaking rules."

The Herald. (https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18526100.spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-appointed-uefas-control-ethics-disciplinary-body/)

It also says...

But I wonder if he might have some influence over the current situation with Hearts and Thistle.

But he will certainly not let Jambartick’s behaviour escape UEFA’s notice, I would hope.

18-06-2020, 02:46 PM

It also says...

This is a joke. He'll be on the committee that hands out sanctions to Clubs that break the rules. Reading this this includes behaviour of supporters, yet he continues to turn a blind eye to the sectarian behaviour of large sections of the Celtic and Rangers in the league he's meant to run. The man's a disgrace and one of the largest contributors to Scottish Football being a laughing stock right now.

The Modfather
18-06-2020, 02:48 PM

It also says...

Much like the SFA, appears it’s who you know not what you know at UEFA.

Lago
18-06-2020, 02:49 PM

It also says...

The beginning of his transition out of Scottish football.

Onion
18-06-2020, 02:53 PM
This is a joke. He'll be on the committee that hands out sanctions to Clubs that break the rules. Reading this this includes behaviour of supporters, yet he continues to turn a blind eye to the sectarian behaviour of large sections of the Celtic and Rangers in the league he's meant to run. The man's a disgrace and one of the largest contributors to Scottish Football being a laughing stock right now.

Not a fan of Doncaster, but what did you expect him to do about the sectarian singing ? No strict liability in Scotland.

The 90+2
18-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Not a fan of Doncaster, but what did you expect him to do about the sectarian singing ? No strict liability in Scotland.

Exactly. The Scottish government ended up ****ting it so nothing he could do. We’ve not got a league or cup sponsor though I don’t think so that’s something that should be looked at.

18-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Congratulations Neil. Well deserved after his impeccable work since the lockdown.

H18 SFR
18-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Totally impressed by the guy recently. Delighted for him.

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2020, 03:30 PM

Surely he has some power in docking points or closing stands?

ancient hibee
18-06-2020, 03:37 PM
I

Surely he has some power in docking points or closing stands?

You surely can’t think that any club will agree to a change in the rules to punish them for fan behaviour.

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2020, 04:03 PM
I

You surely can’t think that any club will agree to a change in the rules to punish them for fan behaviour.

Sadly not, no. Makes them all complicit really. Its embarrassing we still have sectarian abuse in football stadiums all over this country. English football at least trying to tackle their racism problem.

Its not just ''fan behaviour'', its 50k people singing about killing people because they are catholic.

Sioux
18-06-2020, 04:26 PM

What a pile of nonsense.

18-06-2020, 04:29 PM

The only people who think Scottish Football is a laughing stock at the moment are bitter Hertz fans.

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2020, 04:32 PM
Wait, are we all Neil Doncaster fans on here now? He was regularly slaughtered on here for years.

Bishop Hibee
18-06-2020, 04:32 PM
He won’t have any dealings with Scottish football in this role. Tom English will be choking on his succulent lamb at this though.

Keith_M
18-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Wait, are we all Neil Doncaster fans on here now? He was regularly slaughtered on here for years.

No, but The Rangers fans are apparently livid about this, so it is quite funny.

BoomtownHibees
18-06-2020, 04:45 PM

I think we can all appreciate what a fine job he has done over the last couple of months. If that makes me a fan then I’m alright wi that

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2020, 05:12 PM
I think we can all appreciate what a fine job he has done over the last couple of months. If that makes me a fan then I’m alright wi that

Sure but it doesn't erase years of absolute garbage IMO.

jacomo
18-06-2020, 05:39 PM

My enemy’s enemy is my friend.

Jim44
18-06-2020, 06:26 PM
My enemy’s enemy is my friend.

I’ll buy that for a wee while. :greengrin The seethe on whatthe f***havewegotourselvesinto.com is so pleasing.

Stonewall
18-06-2020, 06:38 PM

It also says...

You really couldn’t make that up.