PDA

View Full Version : Question Since 1875

Hibee ultra
17-06-2020, 04:53 PM
I think we can all agree the recent announcement that since 1875 are moving back to the east stand was very well received with the hibs support and it seams as though we grow every year and with us being the rising star on the Scottish football ultra scene could eventually since 1875 grow into something the size of Celtics green Brigade (preferably without any terrorist chanting ) and if so would this be welcome with the wider support at Easter Road

Keith_M
17-06-2020, 04:56 PM
It would be difficult for you guys to grow to the size of the Green Brigade mate, purely due to the size of their support.

I'm just glad we have a group like yours putting the effort in to improve the atmosphere at games.

:aok:

Hibee ultra
17-06-2020, 05:00 PM
Keith
No problem and your probably right although railed standing had been talked about before the shutdown given the current financial situation at the club this has now pretty much gone oot the windie but a man can dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EK-HIBEE
17-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Better atmosphere is obviously very welcome and the time and effort that went into the displays is greatly appreciated.
The only resistance would be if elements of the youth (like we see at away games at Tynie and IBrox) started behaving worse in the new section.
Other than that the move and the group will be more than welcomed.

Sir David Gray
17-06-2020, 10:37 PM
I think we can all agree the recent announcement that since 1875 are moving back to the east stand was very well received with the hibs support and it seams as though we grow every year and with us being the rising star on the Scottish football ultra scene could eventually since 1875 grow into something the size of Celtics green Brigade (preferably without any terrorist chanting ) and if so would this be welcome with the wider support at Easter Road

Rather than saying preferably, I would say it would need to be without the terrorist chanting and all the other nonsense that the Green Brigade brings. If Since 1875 becomes an Edinburgh version of the Green Brigade then the group will lose a lot of support from the wider fanbase.

I, for one, wouldn't attend games if songs in support of a terrorist organisation became became commonplace at Hibs games.

Hibee ultra
18-06-2020, 07:25 AM
Rather than saying preferably, I would say it would need to be without the terrorist chanting and all the other nonsense that the Green Brigade brings. If Since 1875 becomes an Edinburgh version of the Green Brigade then the group will lose a lot of support from the wider fanbase.

I, for one, wouldn't attend games if songs in support of a terrorist organisation became became commonplace at Hibs games.

It was just an unfortunate phrase we have never sung a rebel song or anything and the majority of the lads don’t really give a ****** about politics although to be fair to Celtic fans the vast majority of the songs are of the original ira from the Irish war of independence who fought for Ireland and as half Irish myself I know that very few people in Ireland have any time for the provos who committed those atrocities

Sir David Gray
18-06-2020, 07:33 AM
It was just an unfortunate phrase we have never sung a rebel song or anything and the majority of the lads don’t really give a ****** about politics although to be fair to Celtic fans the vast majority of the songs are of the original ira from the Irish war of independence who fought for Ireland and as half Irish myself I know that very few people in Ireland have any time for the provos who committed those atrocities

Yes as far as I was aware I know that nothing like that has been sung so far, I was just responding to your question about whether the wider support would support a move to be more like something that represented the Green Brigade.

Personally I'd prefer if we all stuck to songs about Hibs.

Hibee ultra
18-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Yes as far as I was aware I know that nothing like that has been sung so far, I was just responding to your question about whether the wider support would support a move to be more like something that represented the Green Brigade.

Personally I'd prefer if we all stuck to songs about Hibs.

Agreed