PDA

View Full Version : Refs less biased with no crowd

Greenbeard
17-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Apogolies if posted elsewhere. Hearing of research into the Bundesliga being played behind closed doors which has shown a reduction in home advantage. But not because of the influence of the crowd, or lack of it, on the teams. More to do with the lack of influence of the crowd on the referees whose decisions have been more evenly balanced between the home and away teams.
So once spectators are allowed back the message is clear. Get tore right into the ref straight from KO.

offshorehibby
17-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Not the same thing but I've been thinking it might be more of a level playing field for teams playing celtic or rangers win no crowds there especially at ipox or tic park.

Kojock
17-06-2020, 09:42 AM
Not the same thing but I've been thinking it might be more of a level playing field for teams playing celtic or rangers win no crowds there especially at ipox or tic park.

There’s no doubt playing the Ugly Sisters on their patch without a crowd would be beneficial to the away team.

Stanton Spence
17-06-2020, 09:49 AM
I don't know about refs being less biased because it's not always the home team that the refs tend to be more biased about. What I did notice due to me liking a bet on the fitbaw is a lot of away teams were winning especially early on when the bundesliga started and I also noticed that yellow or red cards weren't dished out which also could be down to having no crowd on their back
I will be looking at the English leagues starting back to see if the same thing happens and for anyone who likes a bet should take note of the away teams

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk