PDA

View Full Version : Official HSL

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

OfficialHSL
16-06-2020, 05:31 PM
The Club announced yesterday that the financial situation in front of us is unsustainable.
Like many fans, we have an overwhelming urge to help. By signing up to Hibernian Supporters just now every penny that you donate will go directly to the Club, helping Hibs to get through this difficult trading period. We are the Club’s second largest shareholder and while we are currently unable to obtain any further shares, we are able to help the Club at this unprecedented time. The Club has never needed it’s Supporters more than right now. With your support we can make all the difference, but we need to stand up and be counted.

If you can help, and can we please once again stress only donate funds that you can afford and will not miss , please Donate at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Col2
16-06-2020, 05:39 PM
Just restarted my donation.

I do wish we could bring this under the club and benefit from the brand and comms/promotion especially at this time.

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 05:42 PM
HSL
I’ve been donating in perpetuity since the start and had the odd thing to say about it along the way.
How easy is it to increase my existing monthly donation as I’m thinking about it.

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Absolutely. Get this involved at the club.

The media the last few years has been excellent.

Imagine what they could do with this.

100% of the donations go to the club

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 05:44 PM
HSL
I’ve been donating in perpetuity since the start and had the odd thing to say about it along the way.
How easy is it to increase my existing monthly donation as I’m thinking about it.

You should be able to see an ‘Update monthly donation’ option when you log in to your account, which then gives you the option to change the direct debit amount.

Col2
16-06-2020, 05:45 PM
HSL - can you and the club not discuss how you can work together to promote this under the Hibs brand?

truehibernian
16-06-2020, 05:56 PM
HSL - can you and the club not discuss how you can work together to promote this under the Hibs brand?

:aok::aok: exactly this.

HSL - I posted on another thread, but this is - sadly in a seriously difficult time for many - a real opportunity to use social media, innovation, and really promote you as a brand/funding stream for the football club, and also highlight what common good it will do (for those that can afford it).

People are using Instagram, Zoom, their own phone video clips.......maybe even a series of 'talking heads' from supporters who contribute and why ? Maybe even a few famous faces to lend their support and do some ?

The work you are doing behind the scenes is commendable :aok: but this requires a real marketing push to get people that can, to contribute :aok:

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 05:56 PM
The Club announced yesterday that the financial situation in front of us is unsustainable.
Like many fans, we have an overwhelming urge to help. By signing up to Hibernian Supporters just now every penny that you donate will go directly to the Club, helping Hibs to get through this difficult trading period. We are the Club’s second largest shareholder and while we are currently unable to obtain any further shares, we are able to help the Club at this unprecedented time. The Club has never needed it’s Supporters more than right now. With your support we can make all the difference, but we need to stand up and be counted.

If you can help, and can we please once again stress only donate funds that you can afford and will not miss , please Donate at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

HSL

HSL, are you there mate?
I see on the other thread there is discussion about difficulty experienced when increasing monthly subs.
Let me know what you think if I’m not being too pushy.

HH81
16-06-2020, 05:59 PM
I'll increase my amount again shortly.

tamig
16-06-2020, 06:02 PM
HSL, are you there mate?
I see on the other thread there is discussion about difficulty experienced when increasing monthly subs.
Let me know what you think if I’m not being too pushy.

Have you tried it? Its not that hard if you can log in.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 06:02 PM
I just signed up today. Despite being a season ticket holder for decades, I was only vaguely aware of HSL and what they did. I now know it is run by volunteers but perhaps some more "aggressive" marketing wouldn't go amiss.

Pagan Hibernia
16-06-2020, 06:04 PM

yep, there are legions of hibbees desperate to help. It is truly baffling that the club are not more proactive in promoting HSL. If the club cant get behind it themselves (costing themselves probably millions), its really no wonder the takeup has been disappointing.

CB_NO3
16-06-2020, 06:04 PM
It would be good if it could get advertised in a way that coincides with the fixtures e.g. donate the price of your away ticket to Hibs. So if we are away to Ross County the fans that would normally go can donate money to the club instead.

Gerard
16-06-2020, 06:07 PM
HS has and continues to give our club a lot of money.
The club needs money and HS plays an important part of giving our club money that it needs.
G

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 06:08 PM
yep, there are legions of hibbees desperate to help. It is truly baffling that the club are not more proactive in promoting HSL. If the club cant get behind it themselves (costing themselves probably millions), its really no wonder the takeup has been disappointing.

This always amazes me. The club seem not too keen on getting themselves some free money? Lending HSL some marketing expertise could pay for itself many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 06:10 PM
God, I sound like a right moaning faced git today (or maybe just more moaning faced than usual) but the content of the website is seriously out of date.

For instance:

"Have your say in our club

You and every supporter can have a greater voice in Hibernian. Each donation made allows us to buy shares in Hibs. As our shareholding grows, we can have more influence and impact. Collectively, we become owners of our Club. "

The new aim of HSL is really commendable but maybe you could update stuff like that, and also check the issues people are having with usability and stuff (Iggy mentioned a problem changing the level of donations).

It probably all seems minor but it honestly would help.

:aok:

The Spaceman
16-06-2020, 06:14 PM
I just wish HSL was a much slicker operation. At the moment it feels more like fans standing with buckets outside the stadium. I get these people are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts and do deserve praise, but it would benefit MASSIVELY from a professional touch. I do not contribute yet and feel the lack of professionalism (therefore trust) behind it is a huge factor.

Much more likely to get my money if run on a par with FOH and AberDNA which, let’s face it, have promoted their cause 100x better. Harsh I know, but true.

JohnMcM
16-06-2020, 06:15 PM

If you can help, and can we please once again stress only donate funds that you can afford and will not miss , please Donate at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk)

Hibernian Supporters

If I want to start a monthly donation having already donated the original £225 do I need to open a new account? Cheers.

Lago
16-06-2020, 06:16 PM
Just restarted my donation.

I do wish we could bring this under the club and benefit from the brand and comms/promotion especially at this time.
It's a strange one, HS seem to be treated as an arms length organisation even though they provide money to the club, the community side of things gets big licks.

Pretty Boy
16-06-2020, 06:19 PM
It's a strange one, HS seem to be treated as an arms length organisation even though they provide money to the club, the community side of things gets big licks.

I think HSL being at arms length is probably a legacy of their original purpose of buying shares.

Now that is no longer the case Hibs really should be a bit more proactive about promoting them.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 06:21 PM
I think HSL being at arms length is probably a legacy of their original purpose of buying shares.

Now that is no longer the case Hibs really should be a bit more proactive about promoting them.

I think also the old regime were wary of it. Petrie was never keen on it.

Col2
16-06-2020, 06:21 PM
HS has and continues to give our club a lot of money.
The club needs money and HS plays an important part of giving our club money that it needs.
G

It does but let’s make it better. Surely there are some people out there who can offer free time to help promote it, or surely Hibs can bring it under its own umbrella. Doesn’t need to be a change from HSL but a Hibs brand over it would work big time. This is an open goal.

Big_Franck
16-06-2020, 06:23 PM
I just wish HSL was a much slicker operation. At the moment it feels more like fans standing with buckets outside the stadium. I get these people are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts and do deserve praise, but it would benefit MASSIVELY from a professional touch. I do not contribute yet and feel the lack of professionalism (therefore trust) behind it is a huge factor.

Much more likely to get my money if run on a par with FOH and AberDNA which, let’s face it, have promoted their cause 100x better. Harsh I know, but true.

Did you ever think that the more people that donate the higher the chance of them being able to be more professional?

Maybe if the donations were higher we wouldn't need to rely on a couple of older guys volunteering a few hours a week to run it.

Lago
16-06-2020, 06:29 PM

Your right, it needs a bit of polish & bright lights treatment to bring it up-to-date,it's a bit amateur night at the Palladium just now. I've every respect for the people currently running the organisation but an approach to Hibs for a closer collaboration might be worthwhile.

offshorehibby
16-06-2020, 06:29 PM
It does but let’s make it better. Surely there are some people out there who can offer free time to help promote it, or surely Hibs can bring it under its own umbrella. Doesn’t need to be a change from HSL but a Hibs brand over it would work big time. This is an open goal.

I know over the years HSL and Jim Aide have asked for people to help whether it be in marketing IT or Admin. I don't think there's been many takers. As well as people taking out subscriptions at last in HSL, maybe this is also the time to reach out for help in certain areas.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 06:31 PM
I know over the years HSL and Jim Aide have asked for people to help whether it be in marketing IT or Admin. I don't think there's been many takers. As well as people taking out subscriptions at last in HSL, maybe this is also the time to reach out for help in certain areas.
Absolutely so many people with the talent and know how in our support. Unfortunately I'm not one of them 😅

Sammy7nil
16-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Very harsh, if you can afford to and you want to i would urge you to make the leap and support the club.

truehibernian
16-06-2020, 06:33 PM
Did you ever think that the more people that donate the higher the chance of them being able to be more professional?

Maybe if the donations were higher we wouldn't need to rely on a couple of older guys volunteering a few hours a week to run it.

Sorry, that's not a good argument at all.

There are countless ways, especially through social media and the creative (and innovative) supporters we have - for example those that generate ideas for new strips - to revitlaise HSL and give it a real 'brand' and focus going forward. All they need do is reach out and there'll no doubt be plenty of talented people, who support the club and have expertise in marketing and media, who would be more than happy to give up time and ideas.

That is such a defeatist and negative post in my opinion. If ever there was a time to reach out, form some kind of creative working group, it's now. Has nothing to do with how much has been pledged so far. How do you think the voluntary sector and countless organisations move with the times Franck (with no money) ? There's plenty of examples of how organisations have promoted themselves with little or no financial income and reaped the rewards - it works if people have the energy, passion, expertise and skillset that they are willing to share for the common goal.

Vault Boy
16-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Hopefully things start to take shape for the future vision of HSL, as has been mentioned there probably does need to be an updated drive.

In the meantime, this is the absolute best way to support the club outwith the purchase or renewal of a season ticket. The donations go directly into Hibernian's accounts and could go a long way to helping to secure our finances in the current climate.

If you can afford to make a contribution, be it little or small, now is 100% the time to do it.

Ringothedog
16-06-2020, 06:35 PM
HSL
Can you let me know how I change my email address that my account is linked to.

BT58
16-06-2020, 06:37 PM
HSL. Ive sent you several emails, i tried to change my subs to a higher amount but for some reason my original sub was cancelled. Leaving me with a lower payment, ive since cancelled that and went with a higher amount, but had an email that you will take 2 amounts from my bank, a week apart. Confused....yip totally.
B

DaveF
16-06-2020, 06:38 PM
I think also the old regime were wary of it. Petrie was never keen on it.

Does not look like the current regime are either.

I feel sorry for Jim and the few others who help. Hibs really should step up and give this a re-brand IF they genuinely have any interest.

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 06:38 PM
God, I sound like a right moaning faced git today (or maybe just more moaning faced than usual) but the content of the website is seriously out of date.

For instance:

"Have your say in our club

You and every supporter can have a greater voice in Hibernian. Each donation made allows us to buy shares in Hibs. As our shareholding grows, we can have more influence and impact. Collectively, we become owners of our Club. "

The new aim of HSL is really commendable but maybe you could update stuff like that, and also check the issues people are having with usability and stuff (Iggy mentioned a problem changing the level of donations).

It probably all seems minor but it honestly would help.

We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.

Lago
16-06-2020, 06:40 PM
HSL
Can you let me know how I change my email address that my account is linked to.
This is a perfect example of what's wrong, a email address change should be the most straight forward & routine operation, we all do it every day online yet here we have someone having to ask how it's done.

Robbo6-2
16-06-2020, 06:42 PM
Would be interesting to see how many folk sign up.

Nows a time for positivity and get right behind HSL and the club

Big_Franck
16-06-2020, 06:42 PM

There are countless ways, especially through social media and the creative (and innovative) supporters we have - for example those that generate ideas for new strips - to revitlaise HSL and give it a real 'brand' and focus going forward. All they need do is reach out and there'll no doubt be plenty of talented people, who support the club and have expertise in marketing and media, who would be more than happy to give up time and ideas.

That is such a defeatist and negative post in my opinion. If ever there was a time to reach out, form some kind of creative working group, it's now. Has nothing to do with how much has been pledged so far. How do you think the voluntary sector and countless organisations move with the times Franck (with no money) ? There's plenty of examples of how organisations have promoted themselves with little or no financial income and reaped the rewards - it works if people have the energy, passion, expertise and skillset that they are willing to share for the common goal.

Your last sentence is key. We've had numerous pleas over the years for fans with the experience, knowledge and the talent to take HSL on to the next level but it has never materialised. Sorry if that sounds negative but that's the reality. If we don't get more significant professional input HSL is unlikely to really kick on.

truehibernian
16-06-2020, 06:46 PM
We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.

That's a very promising and positive start Daniel :agree::aok:

You could even use this thread as a marker - for example, posters who feel comfortable post up a short clip, vlog, gif, whatever, showing they are supporting HSL and have pledged ?

Or create a page online........or space on the website for people to leave messages and posts about why they have donated..........'my pledge to Hibs is........and a sentimental reason, game they remember, family moment, etc. etc.'

It's fantastic what you are doing :aok: let's give this some momentum :aok:

A Hi-Bee
16-06-2020, 06:46 PM
If you can afford to invest a wee bit more into our great club then please do so, the ifs, buts etc, can all wait for later, the website can be updated later.
Now is the Time
:flag:

truehibernian
16-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Your last sentence is key. We've had numerous pleas over the years for fans with the experience, knowledge and the talent to take HSL on to the next level but it has never materialised. Sorry if that sounds negative but that's the reality. If we don't get more significant professional input HSL is unlikely to really kick on.

It wasn't a personal dig at you Franck and apologies if it did come across like that - genuinely sorry bud.

I honestly don't think you need a glossy marketing plan, just the energy of the support and tapping into the skills many have, and many don't think they have, and using social media in particular as a key to tap into peoples mindset.

I think the development of a working group would be a great way forward - that way, ideas are shared, skills are known, and you can plan a way forward that is sustainable and inclusive.

The Spaceman
16-06-2020, 06:50 PM

Spot on. Even campaigns such as getting your name added to the Hibs 3rd kit were damp squibs despite being a sure-fire fan attraction, as they were simply not promoted properly. Need to deliver much more engaging content and completely refresh the brand. How about renaming it "We Are Hibs" and tying in with the 2020/21 club campaign? The lack of joined-up thinking between the club and HSL is painful. It really holds HSL back.

Sammy7nil
16-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Are you throwing your hat in ring even if it is just to act as an advocate?

Wish I could help but have very limited skills and my getup and go, got up and went sometime ago. I do make a donation and will encourage others to do so if they have spare cash.

GonzoReturns
16-06-2020, 06:54 PM
You guys are doing a great job. Is this something the fans rep could be taking forward to the club as well. After yesterday’s announcement from the club there is a sense of urgency/momentum building. We don’t want to miss this opportunity to pull together the supporters and the club #WeAreAllHibs

truehibernian
16-06-2020, 06:58 PM
Are you throwing your hat in ring even if it is just to act as an advocate?

Wish I could help but have very limited skills and my getup and go, got up and went sometime ago. I do make a donation and will encourage others to do so if they have spare cash.

Absolutely Sammy - not sure what my skill set is :greengrin but I'm absolutely up for being part of something that could generate funds, sustainable funds, for the club. Not on it myself, but social media is vital these days to generate ideas and support - yes, you need a tagline and brand, but the club has fantastic supporters from all walks of life, around the world, and if that can be capitalised on, then the clubs funds and HSL membership - in my opinion - will flourish and grow.

Anyone making any kind of donation is a star bud :aok: so good on you......and you'll be skilled at something :agree:

Big_Franck
16-06-2020, 06:58 PM
It wasn't a personal dig at you Franck and apologies if it did come across like that - genuinely sorry bud.

I honestly don't think you need a glossy marketing plan, just the energy of the support and tapping into the skills many have, and many don't think they have, and using social media in particular as a key to tap into peoples mindset.

I think the development of a working group would be a great way forward - that way, ideas are shared, skills are known, and you can plan a way forward that is sustainable and inclusive.

No worries, I think we agree that HSL would really benefit from additional expertise and more hands on deck. Their social media presence in particular is almost non-existent. Previous requests for fans to get more involved doesn't seem to have changed much, but maybe now it's different. Maybe for various reasons people have more time to volunteer their skills and expertise to push this on now. Fingers crossed anyway.

For anyone that wants to donate the direct link is www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

Gatecrasher
16-06-2020, 07:08 PM
Restarted my direct debits today.

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Have you tried it? Its not that hard if you can log in.

OK. When I go to update am I putting in my increment or my new total? Which did you do?

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 07:15 PM
OK. When I go to update am I putting in my increment or my new total? Which did you do?

The amount selected should be the new total.

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 07:20 PM
The amount selected should be the new total.

Done. Do I get an email or confirmation now from Go Cardless?

RoxburghHibs
16-06-2020, 07:21 PM
I signed up yesterday £10 per month. Not loads but this is exactly the right time to make some form of contribution. :flag:

Pretty Boy
16-06-2020, 07:21 PM
I'm back on a full wage this month so have restarted my DD. Every little helps.

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Yes I believe you should get an email from GoCardless confirming the new amount.

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Yes I believe you should get an email from GoCardless confirming the new amount.

Sound, I’ll watch for that but I never hear anything from them month to month.

The good news is, there look to be a few on the other thread taking the same initiative.

matty_f
16-06-2020, 07:27 PM

I'd really urge you to see past that, you know why they're taking money and why it's important - realistically, how often will you be visiting the website etc - if you're in a position to and would be donating if the website was a bit better, it's really in everyone's interests to see past that and contribute.

Rick Rude
16-06-2020, 07:27 PM
I've just upped mines today. For anyone changing be careful as it sets up a new DD (cancels the old one) but seems to change the date of when it'll collect. Mines used to collect on the 2nd but is now going to collect in 6 days time (22nd).

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 07:31 PM

Thats incorrect. I would counter that and say the motivation the other way sometimes isn’t there.

We need to come as one now more than ever. Again I’ll volunteer for what I can from replying to emails to changing web formats, my work as others is incredibly slow just now and in a fortunate position of being paid fully. The help is 100% out there and if the club could officially for once back the HSL we could have something special. Instead we have 100s if excuses all the time.

Sammy7nil
16-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Absolutely Sammy - not sure what my skill set is :greengrin but I'm absolutely up for being part of something that could generate funds, sustainable funds, for the club. Not on it myself, but social media is vital these days to generate ideas and support - yes, you need a tagline and brand, but the club has fantastic supporters from all walks of life, around the world, and if that can be capitalised on, then the clubs funds and HSL membership - in my opinion - will flourish and grow.

Anyone making any kind of donation is a star bud :aok: so good on you......and you'll be skilled at something :agree:

:aok::top marks

tamig
16-06-2020, 07:54 PM

Aye. I got two as I upped my amount as well.

BoomtownHibees
16-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Could they look at actually spending some of the money received on a “campaign”. So for example, spend £5k on a marketing drive that in turn brings in an additional £15k in donations?

Figures used above are for illustration purposes however could there be potential to “speculate to accumulate?” There is always the risk that spending the £5k doesn’t return as much as expected or potentially even anything at all but I suppose my questions are:

Can it be done or would there need to be changes to articles etc to allow it to happen?
Would donators be happy for their money to be used in this way to try and drive an incremental increase in donations?
Is the motivation there from those within HSL to drive this or volunteers that could support?

tamig
16-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Could they look at actually spending some of the money received on a “campaign”. So for example, spend £5k on a marketing drive that in turn brings in an additional £15k in donations?

Figures used above are for illustration purposes however could there be potential to “speculate to accumulate?” There is always the risk that spending the £5k doesn’t return as much as expected or potentially even anything at all but I suppose my questions are:

Can it be done or would there need to be changes to articles etc to allow it to happen?
Would donators be happy for their money to be used in this way to try and drive an incremental increase in donations?
Is the motivation there from those within HSL to drive this or volunteers that could support?
There are probably a few professional marketeers on here. Its a voluntary organisation and if a few folk put their heads together for a few hours I’m sure a successful campaign/relaunch could be born. No point wasting money if we have people prepared to give up a few hours of their time.

*I’m not a marketeer by the way.

BoomtownHibees
16-06-2020, 08:05 PM
There are probably a few professional marketeers on here. Its a voluntary organisation and if a few folk put their heads together for a few hours I’m sure a successful campaign/relaunch could be born. No point wasting money if we have people prepared to give up a few hours of their time.

*I’m not a marketeer by the way.

It wasn’t so much about the time aspect. More around spend as in leaflets, advertising (radio, newspapers etc), a postal campaign, spend £100 you get something in return.

Was just a thought if there could be more done to drive it in different ways

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 08:06 PM
It wasn’t so much about the time aspect. More around spend as in leaflets, advertising (radio etc), a postal campaign, spend £100 you get something in return.

Was just a thought if there could be more done to drive it in different ways

Chances of HSL teaming up with our since 1875 guys?

hibee_nation
16-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Will start mine up again next month.

rebhar
16-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Restarted my direct debit today👍🏻 #GGTTH

Vault Boy
16-06-2020, 08:08 PM
I can't help the club with season tickets so I'll continue to give what I can through HSL. hopefully we can build something really significant here.

Since452
16-06-2020, 08:15 PM
That's me restarted my direct debit. Every little helps.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 08:15 PM
I would offer to help too but I`m not sure if I have the adequate skills required. And I`m also sure there must be some kind of Disclosure form you need to fill in as well particularly as it`s finance - I`ll come clean, I used to nick sweets from the pick and mix!

I`ll certainly promote it amongst my friends and if only there was a Hibs based podcast that could mention HSL at the end of end programme ;)

Blaster
16-06-2020, 08:19 PM
This communication has been shared on the East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club Facebook page too so hopefully a few of our members will join / donate too 👍

madhatter
16-06-2020, 08:23 PM
What sort of help does HSL need?

green&left
16-06-2020, 08:25 PM
Email received just now from Hibernian Supporters on how to re-active direct debits etc. :aok:

Mandate Update
Dear Scott

Following the Club announcement yesterday, I can report we have had a significant increase in interest from both existing Members / Donators, as well as new supporters.

Many of our existing Members / Donators have reported problems in their efforts to either resurrect donations or indeed make new one off donations. We have reported this to GoCardless and it seems there have been some occasions where Direct Debit mandates have been made inactive and some Members would prefer these to be reactivated.

Rather than investigate every case, we have taken the view to email every Member / Donator with an "inactive" mandate with a link to allow them to reactivate their mandate with any amount they choose to donate. The purpose of this exercise is to simply bring the mandate to life again.

Please click HERE (https://hiberniansupporters.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=ea7ab87287&e=f448a364d4)to reactivate your mandate.

We will be writing again with more information but at this stage we simply want to give everyone the opportunity to access their account and choose their own path going forward.

If you have received this email in error there is no need to take further action.

James Adie
Chairman

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 08:26 PM

Cool

Big_Franck
16-06-2020, 08:32 PM
I've just received the following email from Hibernian Supporters:

Mandate Update

Following the Club announcement yesterday, I can report we have had a significant increase in interest from both existing Members / Donators, as well as new supporters.

Many of our existing Members / Donators have reported problems in their efforts to either resurrect donations or indeed make new one off donations. We have reported this to GoCardless and it seems there have been some occasions where Direct Debit mandates have been made inactive and some Members would prefer these to be reactivated.

Rather than investigate every case, we have taken the view to email every Member / Donator with an "inactive" mandate with a link to allow them to reactivate their mandate with any amount they choose to donate. The purpose of this exercise is to simply bring the mandate to life again.

Please click HERE to reactivate your mandate.

We will be writing again with more information but at this stage we simply want to give everyone the opportunity to access their account and choose their own path going forward.

If you have received this email in error there is no need to take further action.

James Adie
Chairman

I hadn't even noticed that my monthly direct debit had stopped. I certainly didn't stop it and I'd need to go back and see when it became 'inactive' as it's being described. Ytf would monthly direct debits randomly become 'inactive' with gocardless? This is exactly the kind of problem that has held HSL/HS back.

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 08:34 PM
Good to see those involved taking on the advice to jazz it up a little.

Maybe worth posting a post out for help with specific roles ?

It also seems the link with Hibs seems disconnected which is odd considering fans are donating a sizeable chunk of money !!!

Doesn’t really make sense to me - I hope LD and evening KP on here can comment as this is about “Hibs All In”

We are all Hibs
Future Hibs
City of Hibs
Hibs Fans Forever

Just a few possibly ideas of names..Maybe those with better expertise can have something more catchy so all fans know of it.

Also the stadium needs to have branding with it.

A HSL or whatever it’s caller banner on the sears for the closed doors games also !!

CB_NO3
16-06-2020, 08:36 PM
£18.75 a month donation done 🇳🇬

Col2
16-06-2020, 08:36 PM

Good stuff. Thanks 👍👍

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 08:52 PM
No disrespect to Hibstalk but they have more followers on twitter than HSL. I know it's hardly a good gauge to use but Hibs as a club have over 80k followers on Twitter, if you could convert 10% off them into HSL subscribers we'd be looking at 500k minimum per year extra into our club.

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Also maybe get a catchy # on Twitter

#clubtogether is too generic

#allhibs
#hibstogether
#hibsfamily

Again just a few quick ideas. Maybe have a vote or something which is most popular.

Finally can they add something about the amount donated on the front page of website - it’s hidden in the about us part and think it would be good to have it more prominent as soon as you log on.

SMAXXA
16-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Really good to see constructive comments and people get behind this. I know it will be seen and laughed at by some for not being the FOH level but any contribution is a welcome one for our clubs regardless of what the high and mighty say.

I’ve pledged for a few years now and will go in and increase it tonight.

Lancs Harp
16-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Im a contributor to HSL (well enough to have my name of the 3rd strip at least) but at first I was cautious and more than a bit skeptical. Pretty obvious to me the guys running this are very well meaning and committed but limited in terms of marketing and tech. These topics are vital in this day and age.

Bishop Hibee
16-06-2020, 09:22 PM
I’ve just signed up paying by direct debit. It’s time for those who are able to do a bit more for the club financially to do so.

flash
16-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Just increased my monthly donation a wee bit. If we all do a little bit it will add up to a big thing.

Power
16-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Enjoying reading the positivity and commitment in this thread.

The power of spreading the good word on this will work.

Great message today - ‘We are working hard to update our website communications in order to best inform the wider fan base of the work of Hibernian Supporters.

For now the message is clear, join thousands of ordinary fans in supporting the club financially to ensure we look forward with pride!’

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Hope club start to control the narrative coming out in the main media by getting our own story out. Imagine not being on the internet and getting your paper and seeing the stuff they are writing about Hibs. Doesn’t paint a pretty picture. I’m aware club will need to be quiet on some of this until discussions with staff are over but looks like club is going to be dragged through the dirt in the meantime.

Important we stick together as fans though.

Ron, we’re backing the club. We expect the same from you, you are a custodian.

Hope to hear a united Hibs and HibsSupporters stance on what is seeming to be a serious survival bid.

Andy74
16-06-2020, 10:51 PM
A big thanks to the guys who run this in their own time.

What can be done to step this up a level though? Must be worth a bit of investment to raise awareness and make it slicker time get the money in?

There are also lots of offers of help and people might be well placed right now. Is there a way to get an idea of what specific skills or support would make the biggest difference in the coming weeks?

Col2
16-06-2020, 10:53 PM

Great message today - ‘We are working hard to update our website communications in order to best inform the wider fan base of the work of Hibernian Supporters.

For now the message is clear, join thousands of ordinary fans in supporting the club financially to ensure we look forward with pride!’

KP - can Hibs not take on the promotion, social media etc given all the comments on this thread. Feels like an easy answer to drive far more interest? Cheers

Power
16-06-2020, 11:02 PM
KP - can Hibs not take on the promotion, social media etc given all the comments on this thread. Feels like an easy answer to drive far more interest? Cheers

Definitely one for the club and HSL to work together on (I touched on this last July - I’ll pick up again with all).

We’re doing a brilliant job of promoting this opportunity open to supporters and there’s room for more ✅

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 11:04 PM

KP, as we are all meant to be coming to together, has anyone or can anyone as Ron if he’s going to even match the amount that’s now looking like it’s just the support? Surely he has to lead from the front and if he’s being crippled financially at least be honest. Thousands of fans are worried as anything now. Ron Gordon should be assuring the support now, not the opposite.

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 11:06 PM
Definitely one for the club and HSL to work together on (I touched on this last July - I’ll pick up again with all).

We’re doing a brilliant job of promoting this opportunity open to supporters and there’s room for more ✅

“We’re doing brilliant” isn’t the club. It’s the support. What are they actually playing at mate?. Where is LD just now?

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 11:10 PM

Hibernian should be employing Kieran and learn on how to actually gauge the support in every single aspect. There’s a couple of guys on here that we could easily add and Matty and Brian and The Talk Hibs guys. We as a club just seem to always sit still and look now.

Power
16-06-2020, 11:14 PM
KP, as we are all meant to be coming to together, has anyone or can anyone as Ron if he’s going to even match the amount that’s now looking like it’s just the support? Surely he has to lead from the front and if he’s being crippled financially at least be honest. Thousands of fans are worried as anything now. Ron Gordon should be assuring the support now, not the opposite.

Very likely we’ll hear more from Ron and Leeann soon once the dust settles. Everyone is playing their part in this challenge (some more than others given the sensitive conversations) and that includes Ron.

Hibs are modelling themselves to be sustainable in the new world until things change for the better - not reliant on others but goodwill support will help strengthen the position we’ll find ourselves at the other side.

BegbieHSC
16-06-2020, 11:23 PM
Just doubled my direct debit.

Hopefully anyone who is financially able do so too. It’s becoming increasingly apparent that our club desperately need our help if we’re to remain even remotely competitive in the league, and HSL seems to be the best place to do that.

Capt Mainwaring
16-06-2020, 11:41 PM
Just increased my monthly Direct Debit to help out

Initially found it frustrating to process on the website but then realised that you have to log in first (using email address) and had to reset password.
Once logged in managed to update my monthly donation quite easily

HendoDelivered
17-06-2020, 12:01 AM
Can you set the date of when you want the direct debit to come out??

HFCdeb
17-06-2020, 12:24 AM
Just re-started my direct debit.
HS would benefit from engaging Hibs supporters with high followers numbers (influencers) on Twitter, Insta etc to give them a plug.
The comms from HS are pretty formal and dry. In this day and age all it takes is for a few of the popular people to say on social media that they back it with a funny meme or gif about how ***** the Jambos are for it to blow up and take off.

1875STEVE
17-06-2020, 12:59 AM
I've just received the following email from Hibernian Supporters:

Mandate Update

Please click HERE to reactivate your mandate.

James Adie
Chairman

I hadn't even noticed that my monthly direct debit had stopped. I certainly didn't stop it and I'd need to go back and see when it became 'inactive' as it's being described. Ytf would monthly direct debits randomly become 'inactive' with gocardless? This is exactly the kind of problem that has held HSL/HS back.

I think the reason they stopped, is because you reached the "full membership" total. £225 iirc?

Same thing happened to me, I never noticed until over a year later it had stopped, and worked it out that id reached that amount. To keep donating after that amount you had to re-start the DD.

HH81
17-06-2020, 03:34 AM
I think the reason they stopped, is because you reached the "full membership" total. £225 iirc?

Same thing happened to me, I never noticed until over a year later it had stopped, and worked it out that id reached that amount. To keep donating after that amount you had to re-start the DD.

I reached the full membership amount a long time ago. I continued to make the payment and have increased it since. Mine never stopped at any point from memory.

truehibernian
17-06-2020, 05:46 AM
Is there any way that HSL could start a counter or set 'milestones' to show the uptake and set out realistic numbers to try and attain ?

There are a few supporters who have renewed or taken a new membership on this thread alone - might be a good idea to have weekly updates, gather momentum, also include little snapshots / stories / messageboard from/for fans who have taken up a membership to persuade others that can afford to ?

Or create an Instagram page so people can share stories of why they feel it's important to support HSL ? Create a tagline to follow ?

DaveF
17-06-2020, 06:31 AM
Is there any way that HSL could start a counter or set 'milestones' to show the uptake and set out realistic numbers to try and attain ?

There are a few supporters who have renewed or taken a new membership on this thread alone - might be a good idea to have weekly updates, gather momentum, also include little snapshots / stories / messageboard from/for fans who have taken up a membership to persuade others that can afford to ?

Or create an Instagram page so people can share stories of why they feel it's important to support HSL ? Create a tagline to follow ?

You have thrown in some very good ideas which I hope will be followed up on. Keep them coming.

hibbydad
17-06-2020, 06:35 AM
You have thrown in some very good ideas which I hope will be followed up on. Keep them coming.
Ideas are good but the most important thing at the moment is getting everyone who can afford to contribute to do so presentation etc can be picked up once the immediate crisis is resolved

Ringothedog
17-06-2020, 06:55 AM
Ideas are good but the most important thing at the moment is getting everyone who can afford to contribute to do so presentation etc can be picked up once the immediate crisis is resolved

I have now cancelled mine, I can’t update my email address so got no email confirmation when I increased my payment amount so decided safer to just cancel everything. I also have an account linked to my late dad which is linked to my current email address. I just received an email from HSL but as you will understand I don’t want to use this account and again there is nowhere to update that he passed away in 2016.

Phil MaGlass
17-06-2020, 07:07 AM
Reading through this thread, it seems HSL are making a right pigs ear of the contributions, and not even getting the basics right, maybe folk with experience on here or elsewhere could give them a hand, its not right that folk are cancelling or wont contribute because its not being done right.
Rip it up and start it again.
Folk that automatically had their contributions stopped because the 225quid threshold is reached and then not contacted to extend "beggars belief".
Approach Hibs, Leanne or Ron Gordon himself, but something needs to be done and another thing,

REBRAND HSL, its not attractive.

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 07:18 AM
Reading through this thread, it seems HSL are making a right pigs ear of the contributions, and not even getting the basics right, maybe folk with experience on here or elsewhere could give them a hand, its not right that folk are cancelling or wont contribute because its not being done right.
Rip it up and start it again.
Folk that automatically had their contributions stopped because the 225quid threshold is reached and then not contacted to extend "beggars belief".
Approach Hibs, Leanne or Ron Gordon himself, but something needs to be done and another thing,

REBRAND HSL, its not attractive.

Hi Phil, there appears to be a groundswell of overriding support on this thread and others with a large number of people starting or increasing their donations.

Hibernian Supporters are the second biggest shareholder in the club and for that reason it can’t be ‘ripped up and started again’. There are no shares to purchase in the club under Ron Gordon’s ownership and as a result attentions have turned to raising funds for the football club by way of regular fan donations.

The website, social media and payment systems are already in place and would take time to replace or rebrand if there was a desire to do so. With some confusion or lack or awareness over the years it may not be the best idea to put a new initiative in front of people.

The guys on the board are aware of issues with website information and they’re working on updating this, I’ve volunteered some time while on furlough from work to improve to social media output and comms.

The issues with direct debit mandates comes from an issue with GoCardless, a frustrating problem but one that is being dealt with - it’s an easy check to make via the ‘My account’ page of the website to see if payments have been stopped and it’s a straightforward process to restart them if someone wishes to do so.

3pm
17-06-2020, 07:21 AM
Daniel - are you guys picking up enquiries through the website?

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 07:24 AM
Daniel - are you guys picking up enquiries through the website?

I’m not personally but Jim is looking after the website and email address - if you don’t get a reply/help you need let me know and I can pass on to the guys on the board.

Phil MaGlass
17-06-2020, 07:33 AM
Hi Phil, there appears to be a groundswell of overriding support on this thread and others with a large number of people starting or increasing their donations.

Hibernian Supporters are the second biggest shareholder in the club and for that reason it can’t be ‘ripped up and started again’. There are no shares to purchase in the club under Ron Gordon’s ownership and as a result attentions have turned to raising funds for the football club by way of regular fan donations.

The website, social media and payment systems are already in place and would take time to replace or rebrand if there was a desire to do so. With some confusion or lack or awareness over the years it may not be the best idea to put a new initiative in front of people.

The guys on the board are aware of issues with website information and they’re working on updating this, I’ve volunteered some time while on furlough from work to improve to social media output and comms.

The issues with direct debit mandates comes from an issue with GoCardless, a frustrating problem but one that is being dealt with - it’s an easy check to make via the ‘My account’ page of the website to see if payments have been stopped and it’s a straightforward process to restart them if someone wishes to do so.

Hi mate thanks for the reply, in hindsight, "pigs ear" might have been too strong, you guys are doing your best.
I read a couple of replies that have said they didnt realise their DD had been stopped for over a year, thats alot of money, with DD,s you shouldnae have to check if its still being made, maybe an automatic email to say your DD term has ended, to extend click here, done. Anyhoos good luck.

BT58
17-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Daniel. Is the email re mandate getting issued to all HSL members, i posted several emails to HSL, and on some posts on here, now i know that Jim cant reply to all the problems, im a wee bit older now and perhaps i did something wrong when i tried to upgrade my payments, but i just want to know if my problem has been looked at.
Brian

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 07:39 AM
Daniel. Is the email re mandate getting issued to all HSL members, i posted several emails to HSL, and on some posts on here, now i know that Jim cant reply to all the problems, im a wee bit older now and perhaps i did something wrong when i tried to upgrade my payments, but i just want to know if my problem has been looked at.
Brian

Hi Brian, the email was sent to all members yesterday so receipt of the email doesn’t mean your payments have stopped.

If you’re able to log in to your account you’ll be able to see what payments have been made and if they’ve stopped it should show on the ‘My account’ page. If they have stopped there’s a link in the email from Jim to get them started again.

If you have any issues checking please let me know.

Roxyhibee
17-06-2020, 07:51 AM
Just started monthly donations this morning on top of my existing share. Would love to see this picking up with a lot more members coming on board.

hibbydad
17-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Just started monthly donations this morning on top of my existing share. Would love to see this picking up with a lot more members coming on board.
So would I have just read that FOH have had 200 new pledges in the last 24 hours surely we can do it too

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 08:01 AM

Good one and yes we need this groundswell to grow, to build and to help our club.
We also need to stick two fingers up to everyone else, build a siege mentality to help us get through very difficult times.
So to all Hibs supporters, if you can afford it then please contribute what you can.
As I have said many times before the HSL website etc, etc can all be updated as time goes on what is needed now are contributions.
:flag::flag::flag:

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 08:03 AM
So would I have just read that FOH have had 200 new pledges in the last 24 hours surely we can do it too

Fake news but even so I am sure that Hibs can do better, we just need to get the word out there, for the price of a cup o coffee each week we can help our club through this and we can also help the club grow.

Sean1875
17-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Just signed up for the first time now - feels good :aok:

Vault Boy
17-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Just signed up for the first time now - feels good :aok:

👏 This content right here 👏

matty_f
17-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Fake news but even so I am sure that Hibs can do better, we just need to get the word out there, for the price of a cup o coffee each week we can help our club through this and we can also help the club grow.

Help grow, but more importantly right now - help survive!

We've always maintained that FoH had the success that they've had because of the urgency of their situation.

I think it's evident that we have an urgent situation of our own now, time to forget the trivial reasons for not getting behind HSL and just bite the bullet and donate (if you can afford to).

BT58
17-06-2020, 08:37 AM
Daniel, you have a PM.
Brian

mixu83
17-06-2020, 08:46 AM
I've donated £15. I'll do the same each month I can afford to 👍

Garry79hfc
17-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Paid my initial subs a few years back so my name is on this seasons 3rd strip. Just started up another £10 a month.

Tom Hart RIP
17-06-2020, 09:05 AM
I joined HSL after chatting to Amit, one of the fans reps at an event in the Famous Five one day about 4 years ago.
I had no intention of signing up but the great Ally MacLeod was there and Amit introduced me to him. Ally was one of my heroes growing up, and I got such a buzz blethering to him, I signed up there and then and have been contributing ever since.
To compensate, I had a look at all my bills and was able to save money on my Sky account so I actually ended up better off.
If you have time, it's worth phoning around insurance companies/utilities etc and if you can save a few bob then why not pass it on to HSL if you can afford it?
GGTTH

BT58
17-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Daniel. Thanks for all your help
Brian

Benny Brazil
17-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Just restarted my dd £18.75 a month - it was easy to do and only took a few minutes - would be good to see some info on how many subscribers we have had to help push fans into joining - create some buzz about it like the club do with the season tickets - if we can get 8k season ticket holders we can surely get near that in monthly subscribers to HSL

hibbydad
17-06-2020, 09:31 AM
Daniel a couple of points:

1 Are you sure all members received the email because I did not. However I emailed Jim early yesterday morning so that may have a bearing on it.

2 If you are not already doing so I would suggest you make payments to the club monthly for cash flow purposes

I hope our support will rally round if possible at this difficult time

Sammy7nil
17-06-2020, 09:36 AM
Can you set the date of when you want the direct debit to come out??

If you sign up i think DD comes off your account four days later.

Sammy7nil
17-06-2020, 09:38 AM
HSL and the Club need urgent talks. With the money that could generated Hibs should be helping HSL with marketing and IT skills.

Since452
17-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Great to see this gathering momentum again

Robinho08
17-06-2020, 09:46 AM
Just reinstated my mandate. 🇳🇬

bigwheel
17-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Just reinstated my mandate. [emoji1184]

Me too

Kojock
17-06-2020, 09:48 AM
I cancelled my £18.75 subscription in February after reaching my target of donating £1000.
Just restarted my D/D. So heres to the next £1000. GGTTH

surreyhibbie
17-06-2020, 09:57 AM
reinstated mine, and increased it.

Johnny_Leith
17-06-2020, 09:57 AM
HSL, you need to clear your inbox.

James Stephen
17-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Already donate in mine and my eldest laddy's name - been meaning to get my youngest signed up too for a while, so that will be done today - now is the time to back the club if you can afford to

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Great to see this gathering momentum again

Yes and with a wee bit of work this could become very big, helping the club short term and longer term.
I would just like to see a bit of input from HSL perhaps with some targets.
Such as "Aiming for 200 new subs or returning members by Friday" Then someplace to show the uptake on members, let the call out grow. sort of thing.

GGTTH

edinburghhibee
17-06-2020, 10:23 AM
Just an idea but what about weekly competitions for people who are contributing surely the club can provide HSL with stuff they aren’t needing like:

•last seasons training kit
•assist in getting balls/shirts signed
•£10 of the club store

this sort of thing. I feel it would keep folk interested and plug it in social media you might find that you get sponsorship once it reaches a certain following.

On twitter for instance you enter by liking the post and retweeting it. This allows the message to be spun far and wide.

I’m happy to assist in this if needed.

truehibernian
17-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Would be great if the club and HSL had discussions and provided a route map and the club perhaps sharing their expertise and knowledge of (social) media and promotional work............maybe give the plan a relevant slogan........maybe something along the lines of 'the comeback is always greater than the setback.....be part of the journey' and you could incorporate clips of great Hibs comebacks :greengrin 0-2 at Tynie, 1-2 in the Cup Final, 0-3 v Falkirk, and so on........

hibbie02
17-06-2020, 11:08 AM
It is now time Hibs started working more closely with Supporter Groups if they want to tap into the groundswell of goodwill there is out there.

I know over the years there is friction between various supporters groups and the Club are not great at acknowledging the work done by supporters. We have a new regime in place, with hopefully a new outlook based on the Community and the Fans. However as I said there is "baggage" and there are long standing areas of distrust in the wider Hibernian family. Maybe we need a new Umbrella Group that can bring us all together, with the Club represented in that Group.

This would not mean that any Groups needs to change their name or their role, we are all Hibs, we all have views....boy do we have views! We tap into what each Group (for example have HSL the official donation site) can do for the wider Hibernian Family, we get together with the Club and discuss what is for the best. It might take some set up but it would get us all pulling together.

If it is not already taken, call it ChooseHibs! There must be enough "professional" people out there that can come together without bringing "the baggage" to make this happen. I have successfully run Community efforts to bring people together using local skills, based on, but certainly not solely, on Facebook. It is not easy and there are always casualties and fallings out. People with better social media skill than me would be needed though. I am happy to help on such a venture. Meanwhile I am off to sort out my Direct Debit.

bawheid
17-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Direct debit started. Will persuade my old man to do the same.

Alex Trager
17-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Started to contribute yesterday. As others have said feels good to get on board.

Hopefully this is all relayed to the club in terms of the need for a promotional push and the club can get on board.

lord bunberry
17-06-2020, 12:39 PM
reinstated mine, and increased it.
Same here.

JimBHibees
17-06-2020, 12:41 PM
HSL and the Club need urgent talks. With the money that could generated Hibs should be helping HSL with marketing and IT skills.

That was kind of my thought also as I am sure a bit tech and social media skills are already at the club as the communications have been very good recently.

Pagan Hibernia
17-06-2020, 12:43 PM
I stopped my direct debit months ago in a huff when Ron slammed the door shut on more shares.

i’ll reinstate it, and probably increase it tonight. This is just too important.

lord bunberry
17-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Yes and with a wee bit of work this could become very big, helping the club short term and longer term.
I would just like to see a bit of input from HSL perhaps with some targets.
Such as "Aiming for 200 new subs or returning members by Friday" Then someplace to show the uptake on members, let the call out grow. sort of thing.

GGTTH

I think a running total of subscribers and total money raised each month is a good way to go. I think the ticket sales threads tend to lead to more people buying tickets as they see others doing likewise.

Garymcl
17-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Agree with A Hibee that maybe an update from HSL every now and again when we’ve reached a certain figure etc similar along the lines of the famous dot count I’ve just increased ny £18.75 to £30 I can afford it as like many of us going no holidays for a while please keep donating whatever you can :thumbsup:

HendoDelivered
17-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Very heartwarming to see the amount of new HSL donators and people reactivating direct debits. Hopefully more will follow!

Dmas
17-06-2020, 01:57 PM
I’ve joined this morning small monthly donation just now once I’m back to full wages I’ll increase it.

Since452
17-06-2020, 02:00 PM
I’ve joined this morning small monthly donation just now once I’m back to full wages I’ll increase it.

Brilliant. Well done. Every bit helps.

brog
17-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Like many on here I've experienced frustrations with HSL. I originally donated a one off sum & have now been doing monthly donations for a year or 2. I spoke with Jim Adie a couple of times re these frustrations & it's good to see the HSL guys coming on here & accepting & giving feedback re the membership process etc. It's a 2 way street though & I was equally frustrated with the reaction of many Hibs fans to HSL. Now's a great time to move forward together, improve the process, clear up any misgivings/misconceptions of some fans & make HSL a vibrant & positive force for helping our club. I love the concept of members offering time & expertise to help. For me, I'm in a fortunate position financially so have increased my DD. It seemed a simple process, time will tell!

G B Young
17-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Probably already been mentioned but you can also make a one-off donation if you can't commit to a monthly direct debit in the current climate.

That's what I've done today as I'm not sure I have a job to go back to post-lockdown, but hope to reactivate my monthly contributions asap.

Robbo6-2
17-06-2020, 02:09 PM
I am still trying to increase my db with no joy.

Tried twice now and ready to give up

JohnM1875
17-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Chuffed this seems to be getting bit of a surge in uptake! Just upped mine by a wee bit too and got a mate signed up for the first time. Really hope it kicks on further from here.

flash
17-06-2020, 02:11 PM

Genuinely took me 30 seconds. Wonder how some people have so much trouble.

weecounty hibby
17-06-2020, 02:13 PM

Don't give up, it's not difficult and it's worth it. Persevere!!!

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 02:14 PM

Persevere my man, I am sure that someone from HSL will be along soon to help you (They better:agree:)
We have something rolling along here and we need to keep it going.

GGTTH

HibbyAndy
17-06-2020, 02:28 PM
i'm in too :agree:

Andy74
17-06-2020, 02:31 PM
I notice the EN covered how many additional FOH members there had been in recent days.

Are HSL making sure we are getting some messaging out, which will help generate more interest?

Irish_Steve
17-06-2020, 02:44 PM
Just sent the following to EEN Facebook page

Any chance of running a story on how Hibs fans are signing up to Hibernian Supporters in order to pump much needed cash into the Club? You always seem happy enough to plug FOH. How about supporting Edinburgh`s Premier Football team

04Sauzee
17-06-2020, 02:49 PM
The more people that follow and share their social channels the better FOH has 15k followers on twitter we have 4k the more impressions the more noise the more peole will take notice you woukd hope.

Green-Hibee-7
17-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Quite simply they need to be so much better in all aspects.

Website, Communication & Marketing.

It could be such a useful tool in what is going to be a difficult time for the club. It’s time they both HS and the club put their heads together shared resources and get this rolling.

Ps I will add I appreciate the guys running this will be volunteers. So not so much a dig at them personally - just needs an overhaul.

Chorley Hibee
17-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Quite simply they need to be so much better in all aspects.

Website, Communication & Marketing.

It could be such a useful tool in what is going to be a difficult time for the club. It’s time they both HS and the club put their heads together shared resources and get this rolling.

Ps I will add I appreciate the guys running this will be volunteers. So not so much a dig at them personally - just needs an overhaul.

The club should be leading from the front on this.

Gerard
17-06-2020, 03:22 PM
The club has made clear that its expected income will be halved by this virus. HS can play an important part in assisting the club through this difficult time. In order to make that happen the club needs to have a dialogue with HS. There are many Hibs fans who will help the club through this difficult time. The Hearts fans are supporting their HOMF to get their club through this crisis. :wink:

GonzoReturns
17-06-2020, 03:31 PM
The club should be leading from the front on this.

I’m only guessing but the people who would normally help are they actually working for the club just now or furloughed and if we are now going through a consultation process is there actually folk available from the club to help. All that said you would hope at least someone from the club has bern in touch with HS!!!

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 03:33 PM
Just sent the following to EEN Facebook page

Any chance of running a story on how Hibs fans are signing up to Hibernian Supporters in order to pump much needed cash into the Club? You always seem happy enough to plug FOH. How about supporting Edinburgh`s Premier Football team

It would really depend on how many more start ups/increase have been otherwise might look silly.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2020, 03:36 PM
I’m only guessing but the people who would normally help are they actually working for the club just now or furloughed and if we are now going through a consultation process is there actually folk available from the club to help. All that said you would hope at least someone from the club has bern in touch with HS!!!

Tell the marketing person that they have to come back to work and they have 3 months to bring in enough extra subscribers to HS to save their job?

Ringothedog
17-06-2020, 03:54 PM
It would really depend on how many more start ups/increase have been otherwise might look silly.

Just tell the EEN that we have had over 300 new subscriptions, it’s not as if they ever check anything they print

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 03:55 PM

What would look silly? do you believe the fake news pedelled by the EEN over the hertz stories. **** according to them there are only around 350,000 still to pledge all life savings to them gunts.

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Just tell the EEN that we have had over 300 new subscriptions, it’s not as if they ever check anything they print

I dont think we will be far from that figure we could do with hearing from HSL or even Power to get this movement really going.
**** the hertz

lord bunberry
17-06-2020, 04:13 PM
I dont think we will be far from that figure we could do with hearing from HSL or even Power to get this movement really going.
**** the hertz
Kieran has been quite prominent on Twitter pushing HS.

LEaston87
17-06-2020, 04:17 PM
That's me signed up to the £10 per month subscription this afternoon #ClubTogether :flag:

Juniper Greens
17-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Renewed my subscription at a tenner a month. Stopped pledging when money started going to buying shares from existing shareholders, but my understanding is that it's now all going to the club. Is this right?

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 04:18 PM
Kieran has been quite prominent on Twitter pushing HS.

Great to hear, I dont do twitter but it is the way for many so its another way to get the word out there that Now is the Time.

:flag::flag::flag:

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Renewed my subscription at a tenner a month. Stopped pledging when money started going to buying shares from existing shareholders, but my understanding is that it's now all going to the club. Is this right?

All goes direct to the club Juniper as far as I am aware, no reason to think otherwise.

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Hi folks, can't thank you enough for the positivity, support and suggestions over the last 48 hours.

Caught up with Jim and delighted to say Hibernian Supporters have had over 300 new/increased/restarted donations in the last 48 hours alone. Keep spreading the word and we'll keep things moving in the right direction to help the club as best as we all can.

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 04:21 PM

That’s when it’s hertz.

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 04:22 PM
What would look silly? do you believe the fake news pedelled by the EEN over the hertz stories. **** according to them there are only around 350,000 still to pledge all life savings to them gunts.

Of course I don’t it’s a hearts propaganda machine that has been fed **** by the club and their supporters group.

Since452
17-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Hi folks, can't thank you enough for the positivity, support and suggestions over the last 48 hours.

Caught up with Jim and delighted to say Hibernian Supporters have had over 300 new/increased/restarted donations in the last 48 hours alone. Keep spreading the word and we'll keep things moving in the right direction to help the club as best as we all can.

Fantastic news

04Sauzee
17-06-2020, 04:25 PM

Brilliant let's hope this is just the start

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 04:27 PM

****in new it Daniel, we can do this and so much more lets get this done and stick the fingers up at the rest.
300 is magic lets go for another 200 before Friday....
This is the Time.

GGTTH

Pagan Hibernia
17-06-2020, 04:28 PM

exceptional!

Lee Marvin
17-06-2020, 04:35 PM

This news has inspired me to increase my subscription today.

Lets get the word out and get the momentum going

Slim Shady
17-06-2020, 04:36 PM

Excellent news and we can all push make sure we break 500 before end of week.

Can I ask when the website will be updated and will there be a bigger push to make sure HSL has maximum exposure and entices fans to get involved?

This is an excellent opportunity to press this on.

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 04:40 PM
This news has inspired me to increase my subscription today.

Lets get the word out and get the momentum going

Great stuff, lets keep things going as you say we have a great chance to really see this take off as it should have at the start.

GGTTH

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Excellent news and we can all push make sure we break 500 before end of week.

Can I ask when the website will be updated and will there be a bigger push to make sure HSL has maximum exposure and entices fans to get involved?

This is an excellent opportunity to press this on.

The website should be updated tonight all being well and we're going to do all we can to make sure as many Hibs fans as possible are aware of HS going forward.

Vault Boy
17-06-2020, 04:43 PM
That's an absolutely excellent effort thus far. Keep it up folks! 💚

madhatter
17-06-2020, 04:44 PM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibernian-supporters-group-reports-surge-18436030

"They aim to acquire a 25.1 per cent holding, giving them a 'meaningful vote' in all club decisions."

Case and point of messaging needs to be improved - not just from HibernianSupporters but from club etc. Is this on the table, off the table - I think I know but the wider audience seems to have this all over the place.

Sorry for sharing link, possibly already linked. First I saw of this one.

Tom Hart RIP
17-06-2020, 04:47 PM

It would be great if we could hit 500 by weekend. Well done everyone 👍

OfficialHSL
17-06-2020, 04:48 PM
I notice the EN covered how many additional FOH members there had been in recent days.

Are HSL making sure we are getting some messaging out, which will help generate more interest?
Andy
Yes we are and hopefully you will see some coverage tomorrow.

Hibernian Supporters

HendoDelivered
300 is very encouraging numbers! Lets keep it going everyone!

Billy Whizz
Well done all the existing and new members

A Hi-Bee
17-06-2020, 04:53 PM
Were on the way.......lets make 500 before the weekend.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

04Sauzee
17-06-2020, 04:54 PM
300 new increase and restarted, do we know how many monthly contributers we have? Would be good if we could hand over a good wedge every month

truehibernian
17-06-2020, 04:58 PM

Fantastic news - never in doubt that things would start to gather momentum :thumbsup:

Really terrific effort for those that have renewed, come on board, and increased donations - especially in a tough financial climate for all.

Our support always come up trumps when it matters :aok: let's keep it going :clapper:

Gerard
17-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Fantastic news - never in doubt that things would start to gather momentum :thumbsup:

Really terrific effort for those that have renewed, come on board, and increased donations - especially in a tough financial climate for all.

Our support always come up trumps when it matters :aok: let's keep it going :clapper:

In times of adversity we all need to work together. HS supporters are doing this and will continue to do all they can to help our club in its hour of need.

Chorley Hibee
17-06-2020, 05:09 PM

It's a fair question, can someone from HSL confirm whether the club have been in touch or not?

truehibernian
17-06-2020, 05:11 PM
In times of adversity we all need to work together. HS supporters are doing this and will continue to do all they can to help our club in its hour of need.

Very true buddy :aok:

Your post did however conjur up a picture of Begbie (Trainspotting) a la Lord Kitchener with the 'HSL Needs You' slogan :greengrin

It's an awesome effort from all so far........gives a warm glow (although that might be the malbec) :aok:

OfficialHSL
17-06-2020, 05:17 PM

90+2
Delighted to report that at the time of writing we have had an additional 321 signings/renewals. Thank you and welcome to these new Hibernian Supporters . Can we also thank all those who have continued to support so far and indeed all those of have contributed when they could.

Hibernian Supporters

Pagan Hibernia
17-06-2020, 05:19 PM

exceptional!

Keith_M
17-06-2020, 05:20 PM
The website should be updated tonight all being well and we're going to do all we can to make sure as many Hibs fans as possible are aware of HS going forward.

Good to hear mate.

:top marks

Pagan Hibernia
17-06-2020, 05:21 PM
90+2
Delighted to report that at the time of writing we have had an additional 321 signings/renewals. Thank you and welcome to these new Hibernian Supporters . Can we also thank all those who have continued to support so far and indeed all those of have contributed when they could.

Hibernian Supporters

it’ll be 322 very soon

JohnM1875
17-06-2020, 05:23 PM
90+2

Hibernian Supporters

Phenomenal! Let's keep this going and going and really get the numbers up.

Since452
17-06-2020, 05:25 PM
Incredible effort. Share/retweet/like on social media as much as possible. Get the message out there

Barney McGrew
17-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Fantastic effort :aok:

Times are understandably hard for a lot of people just now, but if you can spare something then it’s going to a good place.

Power
17-06-2020, 05:39 PM
**** the hertz

Good flag, thanks. I’ve been shouting about the great work previously and to date (there’s a few of my responses lost in this thread) but I’ll support where I can with all parties to make this a success.

Noticing your good work. Supporters appreciate it. Thanks D.

90+2

Hibernian Supporters

Brilliant. Positive. Engagement.

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 06:16 PM
90+2

Hibernian Supporters

Exceptional and that should be reported. It will become a lot more.

It was never a dig at anything HSL obviously. I as you know back you every step of the road 👍💚

truehibernian
17-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Let's set a milestone.......0762 new members by the end of the month :greengrin:aok:

Cheshire Hibby
17-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Proud paid up HSL member and monthly contributor albeit at only £10. As I am in the fortunate position to be able to do so, today I bought a season ticket in the East Stand as my further way of supporting the club - a new ST holder.

To Darwen Hibby and Ringothedog - see you at ER next season hopefully. First pints on you both.

Really good to see others supporting the club in so many ways, including joining HSL now or renewing memberships or increasing contributions and helping HSL grow and in so doing, provide more cash support to our club.

There is a healthy discussion on this thread and others about the lack of marketing or club backed support for HSL and all of it valid in its own way. The inaccuracies / lack of regular updates on the HSL website disappointingly demonstrates this thoroughly.

HSL state that since they can no longer acquire shares, they are ensuring 100% of donations now go to the club. That leaves no cash for marketing and Jim Adie seems to be the only one trying to keep it growing and responding to members queries. Quite time consuming no doubt and it's not for him alone to fund the website admin costs.

Jim needs help. Leeann is an HSL Director and I assume helps to ensure correct governance. I, as a member would welcome her doing more, especially now, and lending the marketing expertise of the club to promote HSL more strongly. The website for one, together with other social media platforms should be priority for upgrades and regular updates.

I have in the past been critical of HSL administration and lack of communication but I want to see them succeed. Get this sorted and I believe that we have the potential to match FOH in every way.

Please consider Joining HSL and assisting Jim and the other members to provide additional cash (only if you are able) to the club so that the impact of this crisis is mitigated as much as it can be.

We are all Hibs.

GGTTH

posted this on another thread yesterday - great to see the take up by Hibs fans - let's keep it going and let's make sure the club get behind HSL as well.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2020, 06:25 PM
I think this kind of momentum may be what HSL always needed. It reminds me a bit of when a game sells out that maybe wasn't expected to. If sales start well they tend to snowball and no one wants to miss out. On the other hand if sales start slow there's a lot of procrastination and folk deciding 'not to bother'.

Thus far HSL has been a midweek Leage Cup QF, hopefully a bit momentum pushes it beyond steady sales and towards home tie in the SC v Hearts under the lights territory.

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 06:30 PM
I think this kind of momentum may be what HSL always needed. It reminds me a bit of when a game sells out that maybe wasn't expected to. If sales start well they tend to snowball and no one wants to miss out. On the other hand if sales start slow there's a lot of procrastination and folk deciding 'not to bother'.

Thus far HSL has been a midweek Leage Cup QF, hopefully a bit momentum pushes it beyond steady sales and towards home tie in the SC v Hearts under the lights territory.

With the clubs backing/incentives it could become massive and should do. We need the club to embrace this.

tamig
17-06-2020, 06:42 PM
With the clubs backing/incentives it could become massive and should do. We need the club to embrace this.

There should be absolutely no incentives required for this. Anyone holding back due to a lack of incentives needs to have a word. The opportunity to keep the club going should be all the incentive any supporter needs.

matty_f
17-06-2020, 06:45 PM

We need the support to embrace it.

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 06:48 PM
We need the support to embrace it.

I think we are mate. Some will still have reservations though unless the club officially come on side. Come as one.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2020, 06:49 PM
Andy
Yes we are and hopefully you will see some coverage tomorrow.

Hibernian Supporters

HSL
If I had an idea about fundraising amongst our membership (minor for now) what would be the best way to let you know about it?

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 06:50 PM
There should be absolutely no incentives required for this. Anyone holding back due to a lack of incentives needs to have a word. The opportunity to keep the club going should be all the incentive any supporter needs.

I think you’ve taken that wrong and tbf i should have explained that better.

An incentive could be for Ron Gordon As owner of the club matching the amount of the support putting in would be the kind of incentive I meant.

I’m not asking or suggesting at any time singular support incentive. The club should or need to push this big time.

PompeyHibs
17-06-2020, 06:51 PM
HSL question

I reactivated my DD earlier today
I could not find an option to amend the value of my DD.
Can you confirm how i update this?
1. Via HSL site or
2. Via my bank

Any info much appreciated (i am looking to increase on previous amount)

Well done today Hibs fans

Hail Hail and GGTTH

Irish_Steve
17-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Given the fact that you need to be on the database to buy tickets, how difficult would it be to send out a generic email to everyone on the last? A fair few probably wouldn`t get read for various reasons but the vast majority would?

tamig
17-06-2020, 06:59 PM

An incentive could be for Ron Gordon As owner of the club matching the amount of the support putting in would be the kind of incentive I meant.

I’m not asking or suggesting at any time singular support incentive. The club should or need to push this big time.

Ok no probs. I just know its one of the things thats been brought up in HSL discussions previously. Usually by folk who’ve never donated.

Daniel 1875
17-06-2020, 07:03 PM
HSL question

I reactivated my DD earlier today
I could not find an option to amend the value of my DD.
Can you confirm how i update this?
1. Via HSL site or
2. Via my bank

Any info much appreciated (i am looking to increase on previous amount)

Well done today Hibs fans

Hail Hail and GGTTH

Hi Pompey, when you log in to your HS account you should be able to see an option to 'Update monthly donation amount' a little over half way down the 'My account' page. This should give you the option to change the amount of your direct debit.

Note a couple of people have raised that by updating their DD amount the payment date has changed to 4 days from the date the change was made rather than staying on the previous date. With this in mind maybe best to action any change around 4 days before your preferred payment date to save you a call to GoCardless. Hope this helps!

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Ok no probs. I just know its one of the things thats been brought up in HSL discussions previously. Usually by folk who’ve never donated.

No bother mate. It was completely the opposite of what you thought but I understand how you came to that. Nothing to do with personal incentive just more incentive for the club and HSL to come together because another excuse used in the past has been how the club hasn’t been onboard. The club, Ron Match donations or even better shares open again to the HSL would be the best way of this growing and everyone getting on the bandwagon. I’m just thinking out load too so apologise if I don’t make sense to such an important topic.

MrSmith
17-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Just joined on a monthly sub and bought my son a season tix. :flag:

cam75
17-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Upped my monthly donations easy system 👍

Ozyhibby
17-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Signed up again. Different account because I can’t get into my old one as it’s my old email address but doesn’t matter. Hopefully this time there is a real drive to take this to the levels where it makes a real difference.

Andy74
17-06-2020, 07:29 PM

We really shouldn’t keep treating owners with some sort of disdain. He’s already contributed significantly and would not have seen this coming. It’s not his responsibility to keep finding millions of pounds of his money and we shouldn’t put that sort of pressure on him.

I’m sure he’ll do everything he can, same as the rest of us.

TomTheHibbyBev
17-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Reactivate my account even in these hard times we need to support our Team it can bring so much joy and bonding with fellow supporters keep up the good work
GGTTH

Vault Boy
17-06-2020, 07:31 PM
We really shouldn’t keep treating owners with some sort of disdain. He’s already contributed significantly and would not have seen this coming. It’s not his responsibility to keep finding millions of pounds of his money and we shouldn’t put that sort of pressure on him.

I’m sure he’ll do everything he can, same as the rest of us.

Completely agree. Imagine how much harder this situation would be with hundreds of thousands of loan repayments to make on top of it. Thanks to the owner we don't have to deal with that AND got a 7 figure cash injection. We're lucky to have that.

Moody Blues
17-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Just signed up to donate.
Is there a certain date of the month the money comes out your account.

OfficialHSL
17-06-2020, 07:45 PM
HSL
If I had an idea about fundraising amongst our membership (minor for now) what would be the best way to let you know about it?
Iggy
Email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Buc
17-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Signed up, only request would be get the background picture of Kamberi off the donations page!!

Andy74
17-06-2020, 07:48 PM
I think there’s also still a desire for practical help for HSL.

Can HSL articulate the best case scenario of stuff you think needs done to make big changes and the skills you need?

This is the time where people with skills might have capacity and motivation. I’m sure we could match up the need with someone willing to help?

hibbysam
17-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Appreciate the update on how many new subscribers we have, but can we get an update on how many in total we have? Would be good to have an understanding of where we started this from this week and how much we get it to!

Since452
17-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Could there maybe be a HSL link as a sticky on Hibs.net?

Hibby Gav
17-06-2020, 08:16 PM
New sign up to HSL :thumbsup:

ggtth

brog
17-06-2020, 08:16 PM
Beat me to it! Agreed.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Iggy
Email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Sent and I hope you think about it as it’s got legs. Wee legs, but legs all the same.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2020, 08:27 PM

Stickies tend to get missed, they generally a attract a lot less views than other threads.

We have started a thread about ways to help with links to, among others things, the HSL sign up page.

We are looking at other things the site can do across a few areas as well.

Since452
17-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Stickies tend to get missed, they generally a attract a lot less views than other threads.

We have started a thread about ways to help with links to, among others things, the HSL sign up page.

We are looking at other things the site can do across a few areas as well.

Good stuff. Sounds promising 👍

007 Mickey Weir
17-06-2020, 08:59 PM
This is all great. If we can get good numbers even giving small amounts it can go a long way.

I like others would like to see some rebranding. Surely we have a marketing expert that could lend a hand to the HSL team.

GGTTH

Green-Hibee-7
17-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Good news regarding the increase of new or reinstated DD’s.

Sorry if covered, but how many active donating members has HS got?

lord bunberry
17-06-2020, 09:20 PM

I said similar earlier in this thread. If HSL could post frequent updates a bit like the dot count threads it could easily create some momentum.

PompeyHibs
17-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Hi Pompey, when you log in to your HS account you should be able to see an option to 'Update monthly donation amount' a little over half way down the 'My account' page. This should give you the option to change the amount of your direct debit.

Note a couple of people have raised that by updating their DD amount the payment date has changed to 4 days from the date the change was made rather than staying on the previous date. With this in mind maybe best to action any change around 4 days before your preferred payment date to save you a call to GoCardless. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the update
GGTTH

Garymcl
17-06-2020, 09:43 PM
Cmon guys let’s really kick on with this momentum any input on how to get as many donations as possible is welcome work together on this and help our club Ggtth :flag:

Gerard
17-06-2020, 10:00 PM
Cmon guys let’s really kick on with this momentum any input on how to get as many donations as possible is welcome work together on this and help our club Ggtth :flag:

Fully agree. At this time HS is making a big contribution to our club's finances.

TiaMaria
17-06-2020, 11:00 PM
Given the fact that you need to be on the database to buy tickets, how difficult would it be to send out a generic email to everyone on the last? A fair few probably wouldn`t get read for various reasons but the vast majority would?

I think the problem with that is to do with data protection. Hibs can contact you as you've given them your information but currently HS(L) is a different company therefore it would be seen as a breach if Hibs gave them your information.

CraigHibee
17-06-2020, 11:41 PM
Well done guys, seems to be quite a few folk re-starting or signing up to hsl

DavieRoy
18-06-2020, 12:16 AM
Good work bring done here but I would want HSL to press Ron Gordon on shares.

We want to invest and the club need us more than ever but we should be able to purchase shares now. This will protect the club in the future.

1875STEVE
18-06-2020, 12:42 AM
Been in it from the start (apart from the gap when i didn't realise it had stopped).

Just doubled my DD. :thumbsup:

Delighted it's getting some traction again.

Moan the Hibees!! :flag:

Gerard
18-06-2020, 12:45 AM
Good work bring done here but I would want HSL to press Ron Gordon on shares.

We want to invest and the club need us more than ever but we should be able to purchase shares now. This will protect the club in the future.

This is an issue that I also think is very important. I had cancelled my monthly subscription before Hibs' press statement about the financial situation. At the last AGM Mr Gordon was directly asked why HS could not buy shares or be given shares from other share holders. The problem is that since the AGM so many things have taken place in our society that were not forseeable.

There is a time for this issue to be revisited and with great respect this time is not now. I am confident that the issue will again be rasied by Hibs fans :wink:. For the time being I have reinstated my subcription given the financial crisis that our club faces. If there was ever a time that the 'Hibs Family' needs to act as one it is now. The more money that HS can give to Hibs the less painful will be the cuts that are made in the Hibs budget.

In adversity there are often opportunities to be found. This period of adversity can be one that permits the increase of HS' supporter base and a closer working relationship with the club.:cb

1875STEVE
18-06-2020, 03:01 AM
Love this.

"Top Tier Supporters" :top marks

DaveF
18-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Love this.

"Top Tier Supporters" :top marks

Where is that from?

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Where is that from?

Twitter - Hibernian Supporters account.

Andy74
18-06-2020, 07:06 AM
This is an issue that I also think is very important. I had cancelled my monthly subscription before Hibs' press statement about the financial situation. At the last AGM Mr Gordon was directly asked why HS could not buy shares or be given shares from other share holders. The problem is that since the AGM so many things have taken place in our society that were not forseeable.

There is a time for this issue to be revisited and with great respect this time is not now. I am confident that the issue will again be rasied by Hibs fans :wink:. For the time being I have reinstated my subcription given the financial crisis that our club faces. If there was ever a time that the 'Hibs Family' needs to act as one it is now. The more money that HS can give to Hibs the less painful will be the cuts that are made in the Hibs budget.

In adversity there are often opportunities to be found. This period of adversity can be one that permits the increase of HS' supporter base and a closer working relationship with the club.:cb

Selling shares and diluting his holding really isn’t important.

Folk want him to pay out more money to keep us going but at the same time give up more of his shares?

Getting money in is important. Making shares available isn’t. The argument just complicates the HSL thing and provides an excuse to not get involved.

soupy
18-06-2020, 07:16 AM
Can someone please post the link to Hsl, I'll rejoin whilst I'm sitting about doing nothing, thanks

hibee_girl
18-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Can someone please post the link to Hsl, I'll rejoin whilst I'm sitting about doing nothing, thanks

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/#donate-main

soupy
18-06-2020, 07:20 AM
https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/#donate-main

Thank you

soupy
18-06-2020, 07:26 AM
That's me back on board 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬