PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB UPDATE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RSS Bot
15-06-2020, 04:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10650)

green day
15-06-2020, 05:02 PM
Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%" :confused: if that is 14%, then that could be over £500,000

eta - no it isnt as that would be full value cost !!!

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Good to get some communication on this. This will be the case for countless other clubs, and it will be far worse for some too. It's so important that we pull together and help to push the club through this turbulence.

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%" :confused: if that is 14%, then that could be over £500,000

Yes me too, just posted that on the ‘refund’ thread.

JohnM1875
15-06-2020, 05:05 PM

Fans who requested the refund are only getting the amount of four home games missed through the ending of the season refunded. Not the full amount.

Antifa Hibs
Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%" :confused:

I'd say that's a decent number (as in low) considering the climate and severity of things and very good of Hibs to offer it. :aok:

CapitalGreen

How could it be over £500k, people are only being refunded for games missed not the full cost of a season ticket.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-06-2020, 05:06 PM
How could it be over £500k, people are only being refunded for games missed not the full cost of a season ticket.

:agree:

That would have been a generous offer!

green day
15-06-2020, 05:08 PM

check my edit..................

Up The Bracket
15-06-2020, 05:10 PM
Sure I’ll be shot down for this but this doesn’t sit well with me.

Before I say anything else, I have renewed off the back of this because I can afford to, I was previously holding back because I wanted to ensure I got value for what I purchased, I’m still not convinced I will but I want to ensure I do all I can to support the club.

I appreciate circumstances are “unprecedented” the key word everyone is using and our plans from a few months ago will have taken a hit however we have an owner who has millions upon millions of pounds. In a time like this where clubs are making cuts, no Hearts in the league, I would have thought it was a perfect opportunity to get one up on our rivals and build a better team to push higher up the table, instead we’ve gone from buying big screens and doubling our wage budgets to requesting cuts. I would wager the people first to go will be the non-football staff not tied to contracts on mega bucks also.

I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts, less money is coming in, absolutely, we’ve missed out on 4 home games which will have cost us money however with what was being promised at the AGM, surely that comes at a higher cost than the 4 games we’ve missed? I appreciate we may miss more in the future but that comes under next seasons budget.

Our rivals, Dundee Utd are making contract offers to every player on the planet, some that we should be looking at (O’Donnell, Nisbet etc) how is there situation different to ours?

If our owner was as committed as he says he is for me then he needs to put his hands in his pockets, especially given all of the information and hope he gave us about investment in the coming months.

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 05:12 PM
I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts

I think there's a very, very good reason.

Up The Bracket
15-06-2020, 05:14 PM

Rather than picking quotes out of my post like a child, actually read it, multiple references have been made to the unprecedented times and I understand it’s difficult and revenue isn’t as high as expected but that doesn’t mean board investment should be reduced which is clearly is being.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 05:15 PM

Before I say anything else, I have renewed off the back of this because I can afford to, I was previously holding back because I wanted to ensure I got value for what I purchased, I’m still not convinced I will but I want to ensure I do all I can to support the club.

I appreciate circumstances are “unprecedented” the key word everyone is using and our plans from a few months ago will have taken a hit however we have an owner who has millions upon millions of pounds. In a time like this where clubs are making cuts, no Hearts in the league, I would have thought it was a perfect opportunity to get one up on our rivals and build a better team to push higher up the table, instead we’ve gone from buying big screens and doubling our wage budgets to requesting cuts. I would wager the people first to go will be the non-football staff not tied to contracts on mega bucks also.

I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts, less money is coming in, absolutely, we’ve missed out on 4 home games which will have cost us money however with what was being promised at the AGM, surely that comes at a higher cost than the 4 games we’ve missed? I appreciate we may miss more in the future but that comes under next seasons budget.

Our rivals, Dundee Utd are making contract offers to every player on the planet, some that we should be looking at (O’Donnell, Nisbet etc) how is there situation different to ours?

If our owner was as committed as he says he is for me then he needs to put his hands in his pockets, especially given all of the information and hope he gave us about investment in the coming months.

We were never promised millions of investment. Dunno where you got that from. Ron was never going to invest millions of his money. I'm sure he is also facing financial issues and long term *****ing loads of money now would be very bad for him.

Dundee United will go bust if they offer loads of money to guys now, simple as that. Their situation is easily going to be worse than ours, they have half the fans.

ancient hibee
15-06-2020, 05:16 PM
Rather than picking quotes out of my post like a child, actually read it, multiple references have been made to the unprecedented times and I understand it’s difficult and revenue isn’t as high as expected but that doesn’t mean board investment should be reduced which is clearly is being.

How do you know board investment is being reduced?

Stuart93
15-06-2020, 05:16 PM

No sure where to start with this so I won’t

Dundee Utd haven’t offered anyone a contract as far as I can see

When the club were talking about all this investment at the AGM there is no way they could’ve predicted, like anyone else on the planet, what’s happened or that a large chunk of income would stop

The Spaceman
15-06-2020, 05:17 PM

100%. It is the same situation as companies are facing up and down the UK e.g. people who have had record years yet face no bonuses and/or pay cuts. COVID-19 is the biggest disaster to hit the UK economy AND Scottish Football, it is the ultimate double-whammy for clubs and as such anything and everything needs to be done to protect them.

The silver lining is that we are in the depths of this crises with one of the healthiest finances in UK football. Every club will need to make cut-backs and, whilst frustrating, is replicated across all of football...therefore we won't necessarily be "disadvantaged" by it. Conversely, we might come out of this stronger in relative terms as and when "luxury" spending is permissible for the club, which will be long before many of our competitors.

Cut-backs now, but real opportunity once the pathway becomes clear.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:20 PM
Is it really that surprising? People will have been furloughed which adds to expense as you are not at work so burning through electricity, food and the rest. That's the best case scenario, other people will have lost their income entirely. Football club is very important for us all but if it is a choice between putting food on the table or a football club then it's an obvious choice.

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 05:21 PM
The calculations have been done on the other thread but, the full refund most likely won't be any higher than £100k.

Nearly 15% take-up is disappointing (though they're quite within their rights to claim a refund) but it's not exactly the end of the world.

Vault Boy

Firstly, I picked up that quote so as to address it directly, rather than clutter the thread with your entire post. Against my better judgement I did read your entire stream of consciousness, so you can wind it in with that child patter.

If you're that upset and defensive about somebody responding to something that you wrote directly, then maybe don't post on public forums.

The AGM goals were self admittedly lofty and depended on increasing revenue, not breaking even or having such an unexpected and massive decrease, outside of our control. I don't need to respond to every single sentence you wrote in order to get my own point across and I'll thank you not to tell me what to do.

Antifa Hibs

It's not just 4 games though. It was 4 games last season and god knows how many next season so the reality is could be 10/15/20 games in total. Even with season ticket holders buying for next season we still on average had 2500-3000 walk-ups each game between home fans, away fans and hospitality last season.

Speedway

So, no money coming in except a bit over half the ST revenue. Costs same as they were and consultations Just beginning. No clear ability to forecast, rainy day/investment fund eaten into; and your looking for the club to spend on infrastructure.

Is that right?

Andy74
15-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Is it really that surprising? People will have been furloughed which adds to expense as you are not at work so burning through electricity, food and the rest. That's the best case scenario, other people will have lost their income entirely. Football club is very important for us all but if it is a choice between putting food on the table or a football club then it's an obvious choice.

I don't know. I'm not sure up to 15% of the population are so impacted financially that the £100 or so will make the difference.

I read comments about some putting it towards next season's ticket or toward something from the shop.

Each to their own but for me that doesn't put people in the category of putting food on the table.

Hibs is a different thing to other companies - I would have hoped that people would have treated this as a last resort.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2020, 05:28 PM
This is the reality of the economic impact of the virus and the response to it. People have tried to paint it as health v economy but the two are interlinked in so many ways.

I commend Hibs for being honest about things and as a fan I'll continue to try to help in whatever small way I can. I'm sure I'm far from alone in that.

Since452
15-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Clear, concise and honest communication from the club again. Difficult times but every single club in this country will be going through the same. We're no different to anyone else. Let's pack out Easter Road and help as much as possible once large crowds are allowed back.

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Clear, concise and honest communication from the club again. Difficult times but every single club in this country will be going through the same. We're no different to anyone else. Let's pack out Easter Road and help as much as possible once large crowds are allowed back.

Spot on.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:34 PM
I don't know. I'm not sure up to 15% of the population are so impacted financially that the £100 or so will make the difference.

I read comments about some putting it towards next season's ticket or toward something from the shop.

Each to their own but for me that doesn't put people in the category of putting food on the table.

Hibs is a different thing to other companies - I would have hoped that people would have treated this as a last resort.

I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new millionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).

Pretty Boy
15-06-2020, 05:36 PM
I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new billionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).

There is almost no evidence that Ron Gordon is a billionaire. He sold his company to NBC for $75M, that's about all the information about his wealth that is publicly available.

stantonhibby
15-06-2020, 05:38 PM
I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new billionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).

A billionaire? Very much doubt it.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:40 PM
There is almost no evidence that Ron Gordon is a billionaire. He sold his company to NBC for $75M, that's about all the information about his wealth that is publicly available.

True, my point is still valid but not quite as strong - I assume £100 means more to the 15% of fans than it does to Ron or the players. I would hope Ron has more than $75m as that is a small amount to be associated with a football club even in Scotland.

Stuart93
15-06-2020, 05:42 PM
True, my point is still valid but not quite as strong - I assume £100 means more to the 15% of fans than it does to Ron or the players. I would hope Ron has more than $75m as that is a small amount to be associated with a football club even in Scotland.

Considering Ron bought us for what? Around £5m after debts were wiped etc. How is £75m small to be associated with a Scottish football club? You’re just waffling now I’m afraid.

Antifa Hibs
15-06-2020, 05:42 PM

1) No point in comparing 15% of season ticket holders to 15% of the population. A wife might be working but her husband isn't so claimed back for both season tickets to help. A dad might not be working so claimed back on his season ticket and his 2 sons. A grandparent might be struggling so claimed back his and his granddaughter who he takes etc etc.

2) Who gives a **** how many claimed back and for what reason they had.

I've been having this argument on twitter. I've not had any income to my business account since March 6th. I have no idea when my next job will be. If i claimed back from Hibs would £100 be the difference between life and death? No. Still got money in the bank for grub. Would it have been nice for me to have. Yes.

Peevemor
15-06-2020, 05:43 PM

Hibs is a different thing to other companies - I would have hoped that people would have treated this as a last resort.It's not 15% of the population though is it? It's 15% of the football-going population.

I'm not sure you realise how much £100 means to some people.

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 05:44 PM
I don't think there's a single reason for everybody that's claimed a refund having done so.

There will be people who are struggling financially, and maybe even had multiple season tickets in the one household, so they'll really need the money just now.

There'll be others that maybe couldn't justify the full cost of a season ticket for next season, but claiming back the £80 or so helps them afford it.

Also, some people will maybe think of the expense along the exact same lines as if it was a cancelled theatre show, or whatever, and decide they have the right to be refunded.

This is entirely their decision to make, and I don't think anybody else has the right to judge.

The 90+2
15-06-2020, 05:44 PM
No sure where to start with this so I won’t

Dundee Utd haven’t offered anyone a contract as far as I can see

When the club were talking about all this investment at the AGM there is no way they could’ve predicted, like anyone else on the planet, what’s happened or that a large chunk of income would stop

Johnny Hayes they have. The rest I agree with.

bingo70
15-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Is there a way of contributing to the club just now?

Already got my season ticket but am I right in saying the HSL thing isn’t really a thing any more? Or if it is the money isn’t going directly to the club the way it did before?

Bright_Hibee
15-06-2020, 05:46 PM
I doubt Leeann is a low earner so I hope she is leading by example in these hard times for players and staff. My heart goes out to the lower earners likely about to be plonked into the brown stuff

04Sauzee
15-06-2020, 05:47 PM
I don't think there's a single reason for everybody that's claimed a refund having done so.

There will be people who are struggling financially, and maybe even had multiple season tickets in the one household, so they'll really need the money just now.

There'll be others that maybe couldn't justify the full cost of a season ticket for next season, but claiming back the £80 or so helps them afford it.

Also, some people will maybe think of the expense along the exact same lines as if it was a cancelled theatre show, or whatever, and decide they have the right to be refunded.

This is entirely their decision to make, and I don't think anybody else has the right to judge.
Agree 100%

Heisenberg
15-06-2020, 05:47 PM
Everything is stopping apart from the first team by the sounds of it. Going to be tough for the many people employed by the club behind the scenes and also the players who have been asked to take cuts. Think we can forget about signing anyone for next season until this consultation is over.

bingo70
15-06-2020, 05:48 PM
It's not 15% of the population though is it? It's 15% of the football-going population.

If they’re just going to spend it on the club anyway then i agree with Andy.

If someone is desperate for £100 to put food on the table then they should absolutely do so.

If someone wants £100 back so they can buy a Hibs rugby strip or make next seasons ticket a bit cheaper then in my book that’s not someone that really needs it back.

Andy74
15-06-2020, 05:51 PM

It reduces the value of what other people have also funded. That now needs to come out of the budget.

I think everyone who contributes their cash has the right to have a view on whether people taking that money back out is reasonable or not.

If folk are needing it to get by, genuinely, then fair play. I suspect there are a lot of cases of it being a nice to have if those figures are correct.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Everything is stopping apart from the first team by the sounds of it. Going to be tough for the many people employed by the club behind the scenes and also the players who have been asked to take cuts. Think we can forget about signing anyone for next season until this consultation is over.

Hopefully sale of Kamberi and likely Boyle will stabalise things. Scottish football needs to focus more on youth anyway, one positive that could come out of this is the end of the rat race among the clubs (doubtful I know). If we were smart we would come up with rules so that a set number of youth players had to play etc. Club grown youth as well to prevent Celtic and Rangers just grabbing best from elsewhere to meet the quota.

We'll need to sell players though if we can. Difficult position for the club as we cannot afford to get relegated next season and the league is going to be very difficult.

Hibs90
15-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Fine, honest statement. Not much more to add to it. As probably one of the healthiest clubs in the league in terms of finances, if we are going to struggle this bad then what will happen to others? People keep saying that other clubs are in the same boat. I'd imagine so, but I've seen nothing apart from Hearts threat to their staff that says otherwise from other clubs. Perhaps I've missed it.

Peevemor
15-06-2020, 05:55 PM
If they’re just going to spend it on the club anyway then i agree with Andy.

If someone is desperate for £100 to put food on the table then they should absolutely do so.

If someone wants £100 back so they can buy a Hibs rugby strip or make next seasons ticket a bit cheaper then in my book that’s not someone that really needs it back.Sorry. I simply don't think anyone should judge.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2020, 05:56 PM

A read it as that as well. Does it means coaches and Academy players leaving after consultations, redundancies?

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Already got my season ticket but am I right in saying the HSL thing isn’t really a thing any more? Or if it is the money isn’t going directly to the club the way it did before?

HSL is still very much a thing, and all the money donated (less a tiny admin fee) goes directly to the club now.

My one slight moan about HSL, and I know they are all volunteers giving up their time, is that communication could be better, especially to non-members who won’t get the email updates.

Now is a great time to contribute to HSL.

One thing about FOH is that they are pretty visible around social media and make more of a noise than we do (I will wash my mouth out now after that)

04Sauzee
15-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Dundee suspend season ticket sales, looking at new pricing structure and refunds

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/season-ticket-sales-temporarily-suspended/

matty_f
15-06-2020, 05:57 PM

Ron Gordon is not a billionaire.

Heisenberg
15-06-2020, 05:58 PM
A read it as that as well. Does it means coaches and Academy players leaving after consultations, redundancies?

I reckon so. Some youth players probably be kept for the first team but the rest could be on their way, don’t see us running any other age group next season.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Ron Gordon is not a billionaire.

Amended now to millionaire.

offshorehibby

As far as i'm aware all money paid to HSL goes direct to Hibs (No strings attached) Here is their update from 10th June. I've seen on one of the other threads today people taking out small DD's for HSL.

Hibernian Supporters Update
I write today to give a brief update on things during this unprecedented period.

We are delighted to note that despite the difficult circumstances, our Members have continued to make generous donations. As many will recall in our communication in January we made it clear that all donations made after that date would simply be passed on to the Club. I am delighted to confirm that since the takeover last year our Members have donated the total of £125,977.39 to the Club to help out during this difficult period. On behalf of all of your Directors we wish to say a huge thank you to all of our donators who have and continue to donate to the cause. For the moment, all money donated to Hibernian Supporters will be passed to the Club to do just that, support our Club.

Please feel free to pass this email on to any other supporter who may wish to help and is in a position to do so. Please remind them that this is not about shares at the moment and that any donation made to us will be passed to the Club. Indeed, donators do not even have to pursue Membership of Hibernian Supporters and can simply tick a box to indicate donation only. Please go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

You have not heard from us recently as we wanted to respect everyone’s desire to concentrate on much more important matters however we will be writing again shortly about the 3rd strip. Once again, thank you so much for your generosity.

James Adie
Chairman

matty_f
Amended now to millionaire.

:aok:

bingo70
HSL is still very much a thing, and all the money donated (less a tiny admin fee) goes directly to the club now.

My one slight moan about HSL, and I know they are all volunteers giving up their time, is that communication could be better, especially to non-members who won’t get the email updates.

Now is a great time to contribute to HSL.

One thing about FOH is that they are pretty visible around social media and make more of a noise than we do (I will wash my mouth out now after that)

Thanks, was there not something about holding on to the money in the account that they had planned to buy shares with that they were trying to decide what to do with?

I’m genuinely not trying to be awkward or negative about it, I might start to contribute now but until recently it’s not something I could justify doing.

Billy Whizz
I reckon so. Some youth players probably be kept for the first team but the rest could be on their way, don’t see us running any other age group next season.

I’m sure some of the lads in the development team will go out on loan

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Thanks, was there not something about holding on to the money in the account that they had planned to buy shares with that they were trying to decide what to do with?

I’m genuinely not trying to be awkward or negative about it, I might start to contribute now but until recently it’s not something I could justify doing.

I think there was some held back for people who had indicated for a period that they wanted the money to go to acquiring shares from other small shareholders. As that is a non goer, I think (but stand to be corrected) that a decision was made to also pay that to the club.

marinello59
15-06-2020, 06:05 PM
It's not 15% of the population though is it? It's 15% of the football-going population.

Exactly. We shouldn’t be judging anybody for taking a refund regardless of the reason.

Smartie
15-06-2020, 06:06 PM
I doubt Leeann is a low earner so I hope she is leading by example in these hard times for players and staff. My heart goes out to the lower earners likely about to be plonked into the brown stuff

I'd be amazed if she didn't lead by example on this - for example accepting a cut in basic wages and replacing with some sort of deferred bonus based on club income, commercial targets or success on the park.

All being well she should hopefully still be able to be paid the same, but the structure of how that happens might be different.

Since90+2
15-06-2020, 06:08 PM
I'd be amazed if she didn't lead by example on this - for example accepting a cut in basic wages and replacing with some sort of deferred bonus based on club income, commercial targets or success on the park.

All being well she should hopefully still be able to be paid the same, but the structure of that happens might be different.

She has to lead by example. I don't think that's even up for debate.

B.H.F.C
15-06-2020, 06:09 PM
She has to lead by example. I don't think that's even up for debate.

Agree. And she will.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2020, 06:12 PM

Not great news. Puts my laughing at our neighbours at a peep.

Bright_Hibee
15-06-2020, 06:13 PM

All being well she should hopefully still be able to be paid the same, but the structure of that happens might be different.

How much was her salary in the last set of accounts? The one before she was being paid in the region of £240,000 if I remember rightly (could be wrong as I'm old and my memory is playing tricks) so I'd hope even with a scheme similar to yours she is on considerably less. Half of that could be paid to keep a player or a few staff members

Am not looking to be offensive I just care about the club I love :flag:

Speedway
15-06-2020, 06:17 PM
Let’s say Ron has $100m.

What right does the club have to any of it?

The club is supposed to be self sustaining. First year of ownership and he’s already got a seven figure deficit on his hands.

Alfred E Newman
15-06-2020, 06:19 PM

I don’t think many supporters will be anticipating Hibs splashing the cash in the current crisis. Like most others on here, when I renewed it was to contribute towards the clubs survival. If that happens it will be worth it.

Lago
15-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Transfer budget will be one of the first things to be cut I would expect, be a case of make do & mend for the coming season. Fingers crossed squad remained injury free or we could be in trouble.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Let’s say Ron has $100m.

The club is supposed to be self sustaining. First year of ownership and he’s already got a seven figure deficit on his hands.

See your point but if someone has £1k saved in the bank why does the club have the right to ask for money from this person? Club isn't self sustaining, it is sustained by its fans. Part of ownership is responsibility, you will not last long as an owner if you do not act on your responsibility, at least you shouldn't. Don't get legacies for free.

Lee Marvin
15-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Hibs will be running with a vastly reduced first team squad this year, supplemented with youngster. I think most clubs will be in the same boat.

I expect us to make 1 or 2 signings max to replace any others who leave only. It wouldn't surprise me if we signed nobody this window as we have around 20 players under contract.

Hibs being around post Covid is by far he most important thing. We will, and we have the chance to be in a relatively very strong position.

Hibs90
15-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Let’s say Ron has $100m.

Yes your right and I fully understand and accept that tough decisions will need to be made and that there will be cuts and potential job losses.

What doesn't sit right with me is the fact that the likes of Motherwell have just signed their 3rd player. Dundee United look willing to splash a bit of cash and have at least offered a couple of contracts to players. Killie are renewing players deals. St.Johnstone have signed one.

We've lost players to end of loans/contracts yet we are still having to scale back even further? Despite us probably having the healthiest financial position in Scotland outside of Celtic and Rangers and maybe Aberdeen.

Heisenberg
15-06-2020, 06:29 PM
Yes your right and I fully understand and accept that tough decisions will need to be made and that there will be cuts and potential job losses.

What doesn't sit right with me is the fact that the likes of Motherwell have just signed their 3rd player. Dundee United look willing to splash a bit of cash and have at least offered a couple of contracts to players. Killie are renewing players deals. St.Johnstone have signed one.

We've lost players to end of loans/contracts yet we are still having to scale back even further? Despite us probably having the healthiest financial position in Scotland outside of Celtic and Rangers?

I’m not sure we’re having to scale back even further, we’re cutting back other areas in order for the first team to remain competitive is how I’ve read it. We’ll still sign players.

Robbo6-2
15-06-2020, 06:29 PM
Hibs will be running with a vastly reduced first team squad this year, supplemented with youngster. I think most clubs will be in the same boat.

I expect us to make 1 or 2 signings max to replace any others who leave only. It wouldn't surprise me if we signed nobody this window as we have around 20 players under contract.

Hibs being around post Covid is by far he most important thing. We will, and we have the chance to be in a relatively very strong position.

We have 20 that includes Mackie Murray and Gullan, cant see those three on full first team wages.

I would expect Kamberi to leave and run with with a first team squad of 18 plus youngsters. That leaves two positions to come in, holding mid and a new striker imo.

Whilst I understand it,the timing of the announcement seems strange. Why announce this hours after Hearts are confirmed relegated. Genuinely dont understand that one.

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 06:32 PM
We can't expect much in the way of transfer fees for players leaving the club but, conversely, any new signings might also cost less than they normally would.

Clubs are laying off players in vast numbers and we might be able to sign some players on much lower salaries than we would normally have to pay.

That might be considered cynical but the clubs are also in the situation where they have less income, so it's not like they're taking advantage of the situation.

B.H.F.C
15-06-2020, 06:33 PM

No chance we sign nobody IMO.

We’re already lost 7 first team squad members. I agree the squad will be reduced but not to that extent.

Defensively it’ll probably be a case of going with what we’ve got now. It needs strengthened but we have contracted players in that area.

We will strengthen in midfield and attack.

Weir07
15-06-2020, 06:34 PM
I know people sometimes tend to look on the pessimistic side but the focus seems to be on the 15% who have claimed a refund, instead of the 85% that haven't, throw in the 8500 that have renewed, even though there is no definite date on when we can get back to Easter Road and I think that's a pretty outstanding effort in these troubled and uncertain times.

Can't think of any sport (or anything else for that matter) that would get that level of support or loyalty, proud to be a Hibby!

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 06:35 PM
It sounds like the whole club is being mothballed for the season except the first team. That will include all the youth teams and the reserve team. You can’t have a bio secure training facility with hundreds of kids traipsing through it. Besides, the youth set up costs a lot of money to run. Big changes and a lot of disappointed kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
15-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Over 85% of people forgoing upto £100 worth of a refund their entitled to is quite good going in any circumstances, but particularly so at the moment.

Finances will be tight at Hibs, as with the majority of places, but I'm sure there will be a plan in place and we'll just have to work through it. Hopefully once everyone is back on their feet again then there will be investment opportunity for all the good things we heard about at the AGM.

Hibs90
15-06-2020, 06:37 PM
I’m not sure we’re having to scale back even further, we’re cutting back other areas in order for the first team to remain competitive is how I’ve read it. We’ll still sign players.

Aye upon a second read that was my second take from it too. :aok:

Iain G
15-06-2020, 07:25 PM
It sounds like the whole club is being mothballed for the season except the first team. That will include all the youth teams and the reserve team. You can’t have a bio secure training facility with hundreds of kids traipsing through it. Besides, the youth set up costs a lot of money to run. Big changes and a lot of disappointed kids.

I don't read that as everything being mothballed, its about scaling back where possible to focus monies and resources on the core business. We still need the youth and reserves to feed the first team, that is part of of our core business in developing players and promoting them into the first team, but is likely unsustainable at the current levels.

Maybe am being too positive but expect Hibs under Ron and Leeann to take practical steps to limit our outgoings and exposure while also protecting our investment in the whole football department. Growing and developing our own is going to be even more important over the next few years.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 07:41 PM
I don't read that as everything being mothballed, its about scaling back where possible to focus monies and resources on the core business. We still need the youth and reserves to feed the first team, that is part of of our core business in developing players and promoting them into the first team, but is likely unsustainable at the current levels.

Maybe am being too positive but expect Hibs under Ron and Leeann to take practical steps to limit our outgoings and exposure while also protecting our investment in the whole football department. Growing and developing our own is going to be even more important over the next few years.

If our revenue is expected to half then I don’t see the cuts being as delicate as you suggest.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2020, 07:51 PM
If our revenue is expected to half then I don’t see the cuts being as delicate as you suggest.

Half?

Not sure how you get that. Sky money has increased. There's the same Ladbrokes money to play for.

ST sales are slower so far, but holding up better than most of us would have expected. There will be no walk-ups and commercial income for a while, for sure, but half?

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 07:53 PM
Half?

Not sure how you get that. Sky money has increased. There's the same Ladbrokes money to play for.

ST sales are slower so far, but holding up better than most of us would have expected. There will be no walk-ups and commercial income for a while, for sure, but half?

That’s what the statement says Crops

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2020, 08:01 PM
That’s what the statement says Crops

So it does. Apologies Oz, I thought you were being Mr.Moanalot 😉

That surprises me. I can't help thinking they're being a bit pessimistic. Perhaps they have assumed no fans for the rest of the season; that wouldn't be an unwise assumption, TBF

Peevemor
15-06-2020, 08:06 PM
So it does.

That surprises me. I can't help thinking they're being a bit pessimistic. Perhaps they have assumed no fans for the rest of the season; that wouldn't be an unwise assumption, TBFI was thinking the same thing. It looks like they're budgeting for a worse case scenario.

green day
15-06-2020, 08:08 PM
So it does.

That surprises me. I can't help thinking they're being a bit pessimistic. Perhaps they have assumed no fans for the rest of the season; that wouldn't be an unwise assumption, TBF

I think they are planning for the worst.

Basically, 8-9000 st and no walk ups, away fans or commercial probably is half revenue.

Anything on top of this is positive.

We won't be the last club to make this type of statement either.

JimBHibees
15-06-2020, 08:09 PM

100 pounds is not an insignificant amount for say a family either on low wages or possibly not working. It could probably get food for family for a week if prudent in what you buy.

JimBHibees
15-06-2020, 08:13 PM
You get the impression the club are putting this out now to outline the realities of the situation particularly in regard to no derbies for a while. A good move imo and hopefully results in a jump in season ticket sales.

B.H.F.C
15-06-2020, 08:17 PM
You get the impression the club are putting this out now to outline the realities of the situation particularly in regard to no derbies for a while. A good move imo and hopefully results in a jump in season ticket sales.

No coincidence that it ties in with the announcement on league structure.

I think we’ll see a wee uplift in season ticket sales on the back of it and won’t be far off 10k by the time the early bird deadline comes round at the start of July.

Craig_in_Prague
15-06-2020, 08:17 PM

The league setup is now clear and clubs can fully plan.
Hibs of course would have been planning cut backs anyway, as any normal business has too, when income is hit.
Now they are communicating with the fans with the reconstruction nonsense confirmed as dead.

Timing makes entire sense. As does the cost cutting which would be needed regardless of what setup we would have been going into.

Well done Ron and Leanne. Professional and Honest as always.

SMAXXA
15-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Hearing Hibs are getting rid of the academy upto the age of 12 teams?

CockneyRebel
15-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Sorry. I simply don't think anyone should judge.

Well said.

bingo70
15-06-2020, 08:25 PM
Hearing Hibs are getting rid of the academy upto the age of 12 teams?

Shame for the boys in the system at that age but I’m pleased about that.

Boys are in the academies too young now imo.

SMAXXA
15-06-2020, 08:27 PM

Yea I agree re the age far to young

CockneyRebel
15-06-2020, 08:28 PM

IMO it's 15% of Hibs ST holders from last season.

CockneyRebel
15-06-2020, 08:35 PM

How do you know that it isn't a last resort for them?

CB_NO3
15-06-2020, 08:36 PM
I think Dempster is looking at the worst case scenario and rightly so. She is probably not even forecasting the semi final into the budget as it may never get played.

Its going to be a real challenging time for all clubs. Lets be honest even Celtic and Rangers will have a 40 to 50% drop in revenue.

All I can say is thank god we had no debt.

CockneyRebel
15-06-2020, 08:39 PM
I know people sometimes tend to look on the pessimistic side but the focus seems to be on the 15% who have claimed a refund, instead of the 85% that haven't, throw in the 8500 that have renewed, even though there is no definite date on when we can get back to Easter Road and I think that's a pretty outstanding effort in these troubled and uncertain times.

Can't think of any sport (or anything else for that matter) that would get that level of support or loyalty, proud to be a Hibby!

Good post.

Hibernianrus
15-06-2020, 08:41 PM
unfortunately what we will find is that next seasons squad won’t have many additions due to budget constraints. Ron is not willing to bankroll the playing budget , he was hoping to generate additional match day income to support the playing budget. As this is not going to happen anytime soon he is making his position clear now.

H18 SFR
15-06-2020, 08:42 PM
It is imperative that we beat Hearts in the semi. If we can secure a run in the league cup to the semi as well we will be doing good ok at offsetting the drop in income.

If we have a good run Aug-Dec, half season ticket sales will rocket with folk desperate to get back into ER.

Jonnyboy
Good post.

Agreed :agree:

JammyDoidger
Can't understand anyone taking money back from missed games..had the games been played they wouldn't have the money anyway. Couldn't sleep if I took the money back. But having said that. I'm a bit disappointed to be reading about wage cuts. I'd expect our chairman to help us financially for now. Even untill the turn of the year. I'm in agreement that we shouldn't sign any players though, we should maybe give youth a go for now as no one knows how long this is going to last, offering someone a long term contract wouldn't be sensible from a business point of view.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2020, 08:55 PM
Can't understand anyone taking money back from missed games..had the games been played they wouldn't have the money anyway. Couldn't sleep if I took the money back. But having said that. I'm a bit disappointed to be reading about wage cuts. I'd expect our chairman to help us financially for now. Even untill the turn of the year. I'm in agreement that we shouldn't sign any players though, we should maybe give youth a go for now as no one knows how long this is going to last, offering someone a long term contract wouldn't be sensible from a business point of view.

The bit in bold doesn't even make sense.

Would you say the same about claiming a refund from an airline for a cancelled flight? After all, if the flight had taken place you wouldn't have had the money anyway?

SMAXXA
15-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Academy isn’t getting scrapped. Club saying there won’t probably be training until the end of the year and there defo won’t be games until next year.
Every player that was signed this season will be offered to sign again for next season if they want it.

04Sauzee
15-06-2020, 08:58 PM

The fact is some people have have their salaries reduced by 20%, some people may have lost their jobs, their business. If that was me I'd have to consider it.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2020, 08:58 PM
The whole argument about refunds is unnecessary and speculating about people's finances and motives is a bit unbecoming imo. People are entitled to refunds, some people needed it, some other may have simply wanted it. A majority decided they didn't require and/or want one. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. It's no ones business other than the individuals concerned.

04Sauzee
15-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Academy isn’t getting scrapped. Club saying there won’t probably be training until the end of the year and there defo won’t be games until next year.
Every player that was signed this season will be offered to sign again for next season if they want it.
Great news thanks for the info

Hibees1973
15-06-2020, 09:00 PM
It is a reasonable and correct move by Hibs. Decisions have to be made as this situation develops.

Back in March at the start of lockdown when Hibs decided to defer wages it was not clear when the current season would start. Now as we move on to season 2020-2021 government guidelines seem to predict that IF the season starts in August the likelihood is that there will be no/fewer fans present at the start. Hence, Hibs now looking for players to take a wage cut linked to a drop in revenue...fair decision to me. I’m sure all the players will have appreciated Hibs loyalty in deferring wages initially, however, IF any player does not want to take a wage cut, just let them go, but please, without the fuss they made of it over in tiny. No player is irreplaceable. There will be loads of free agents out there who would love to join Hibs.

Hibs are a well run and solvent club and not desperate/reliant for fan donations. We are not reliant on a Trump style benefactor, fan charity donations and have not overspent on under performing players like the Yams.

While I admire those who give donations to Hibs & Hearts, does giving charitable donations to the clubs define who these people are, i.e a better supporter. I think not. It should be seen as just giving some spare cash to the club, not a badge of honour.

We also own all our facilities and have invested wisely for the future of the club.

We can look after ourselves and not looking to drag everyone else under after being bottom of the league and relegated by a democratic vote by members.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Its actually mental Hearts think they've been ****ed here. They operate way outwith their means and signed a load of dross doing so. We save and plan to improve facilties etc all while keeping a solid side on the park for 6 years now and we get absolutely shafted by Corona.

The hecky time was a dip but things definitely looked positive under Ross and now we could be toiling despite doing nothing wrong. Rough.

Andy74
15-06-2020, 09:04 PM
The whole argument about refunds is unnecessary and speculating about people's finances and motives is a bit unbecoming imo. People are entitled to refunds, some people needed it, some other may have simply wanted it. A majority decided they didn't require and/or want one. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. It's no ones business other than the individuals concerned.

Some have taken money back out the club to buy stuff from the shop or getting a cheaper ticket next year. That’s everyone’s business that has put their own hard earned money into the club. We will all see a lesser product on the park.

No issues with those that really needed the money but I don’t think that’s the case for all. We’re all subsidising it.

Since452
15-06-2020, 09:06 PM
Its actually mental Hearts think they've been ****ed here. They operate way outwith their means and signed a load of dross doing so. We save and plan to improve facilties etc all while keeping a solid side on the park for 6 years now and we get absolutely shafted by Corona.

The hecky time was a dip but things definitely looked positive under Ross and now we could be toiling despite doing nothing wrong. Rough.

Luckily for Hibs is it's all relative. We won't be falling behind other clubs. Every club will be cutting their cloth accordingly. This situation just isn't sustainable for anyone.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2020, 09:08 PM
Some have taken money back out the club to buy stuff from the shop or getting a cheaper ticket next year. That’s everyone’s business that has put their own hard earned money into the club. We will all see a lesser product on the park.

No issues with those that really needed the money but I don’t think that’s the case for all. We’re all subsidising it.

Is there any evidence many or indeed anyone has actually done what you have described or was it just a speculative suggestion put forward on here? I can't say I've come across anyone who has asked for a refund (one vocal journalist aside) so I accept it may be widespread practice that I'm simply unaware of.

Power
15-06-2020, 09:08 PM
Good engagement here.

Club is honest with where it is, to run the same model is unsustainable with so much uncertainty still (glad we’re starting to get some clarity what the future holds day by day and with each passing week and month) - difficult conversations and decisions but that’s the reality facing all teams. These decisions are to make sure Hibs are present and strong when coming out the other side of this.

There has been a lot of feedback about supporting the club in more ways than ever from supporters and I will make sure there is a well thought out and joined up effort from everyone that is Hibernian focused.

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 09:10 PM
Good engagement here.

Club is honest with where it is, to run the same model is unsustainable with so much uncertainty still (glad we’re starting to get some clarity what the future holds day by day and with each passing week and month) - difficult conversations and decisions but that’s the reality facing all teams. These decisions are to make sure Hibs are present and strong when coming out the other side of this.

There has been a lot of feedback about supporting the club in more ways than ever from supporters and I will make sure there is a well thought out and joined up effort from everyone that is Hibernian focused.

Thanks for all your efforts KP, they don't go unnoticed. 👏

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 09:17 PM
So it does. Apologies Oz, I thought you were being Mr.Moanalot [emoji6]

I have no idea how they came to the figures but I would imagine that corporate income next season might be close to non existent. Companies are going to be retrenching massively.

steviehibsleith
15-06-2020, 09:18 PM
Hard times ahead for everyone sadly

I think football in general needs to look how much clubs spend compared to income.
Average Hibs salary of £145 k I just don’t think is sustainable .Motherwell and St Johnstone’s average is 50 percent less £75k which is a very good wage in itself. We finished below both these teams and are paying players double.

I know these are averages and high earners may squiff the figures but we still need to address this.
And not just picking on players what is managers etc salary .

This really applies to all football clubs

Any fan asking for a refund I really hope you are ok and finances pick up for you in this bad time.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 09:31 PM

Kids would be as well going back to their original clubs for the season if pro youth not starting till 2021.

The 90+2
15-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Grim times. At least we know we have to be self sufficient.

Point in RG buying the club again?

dp00
15-06-2020, 09:35 PM
I understand that we are in difficult times however I’d be interested to find out where the cuts are being made

If it’s from staff who work for example on match day or main function is the preparation & implementation of a match day then that makes sense

I’d be disappointed if the cuts are across the board , within the community function of the club, the back room team which improve us & give us the upper hand or for example the media team which will be key to keeping us engaged during this time which we were becoming really good at

Giving the limited tweets etc in last few days I suspect that they are also affected tho

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Hard times ahead for everyone sadly

I think football in general needs to look how much clubs spend compared to income.
Average Hibs salary of £145 k I just don’t think is sustainable .Motherwell and St Johnstone’s average is 50 percent less £75k which is a very good wage in itself. We finished below both these teams and are paying players double.

I know these are averages and high earners may squiff the figures but we still need to address this.
And not just picking on players what is managers etc salary .

This really applies to all football clubs

Any fan asking for a refund I really hope you are ok and finances pick up for you in this bad time.

If we're talking averages then you must include us finishing well above those 2 sides the last 2 seasons.

Hibs do not spend too much on players, we have more ST holders than both those sides together, of course we are going to be spending more.

The 90+2
15-06-2020, 09:38 PM
Let’s say Ron has $100m.

Why did he actually buy the club? We have no rights to any owners money but a year in there’s nothing.

Of course there is all this as a massive situation upon the club but still I’ve no idea, when he doesn’t want to put his own money in as “his right” why buy us?

It would have been nice to be bought by someone thinking it doesn’t have to be their right to invest.

bingo70
15-06-2020, 09:41 PM

Probably because he feels he can make a success out of us. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing money at us at a time when we should be tightening our belts as income has been reduced dramatically.

Nothing wrong with striving to live within our means.

Speedway
15-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Why did he actually buy the club? We have no rights to any owners money but a year in there’s nothing.

Of course there is all this as a massive situation upon the club but still I’ve no idea, when he doesn’t want to put his own money in as “his right” why buy us?

It would have been nice to be bought by someone thinking it doesn’t have to be their right to invest.

He put money in. He then spent six months learning about the club, then a couple of months putting a plan together and getting buy in, then announced the spending then a global pandemic hit.

What do you want the guy to do?

ekhibee
15-06-2020, 09:43 PM

Best post on the subject by a mile.

SMAXXA
15-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Kids would be as well going back to their original clubs for the season if pro youth not starting till 2021.

I’m not sure there will be clubs playing for them to go back to mate they won’t return for some time either

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 09:49 PM

Cross border leagues.[emoji6][emoji3]

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 09:50 PM
Probably because he feels he can make a success out of us. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing money at us at a time when we should be tightening our belts as income has been reduced dramatically.

Nothing wrong with striving to live within our means.

Exactly right.

Can we also stop overlooking the fact that his first action was to make us debt free? Imagine having £120k+ of loan repayments to make on top of all this ****.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 09:53 PM
I’m not sure there will be clubs playing for them to go back to mate they won’t return for some time either

I’m hoping to get ours back training next week no contact. If they don’t get teams playing again by August/September there is going to be unofficial games happening all over the place. Youth footy will be back long before the end of the year. I can see why Hibs are mothballing it because it costs money but that’s not an issue with youth footy.

Jones28
15-06-2020, 10:04 PM

A year in, but an unprecedented year at that.

He announced a list of stadium upgrades and financial targets before all this happened remember.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2020, 10:05 PM
I’m hoping to get ours back training next week no contact. If they don’t get teams playing again by August/September there is going to be unofficial games happening all over the place. Youth footy will be back long before the end of the year. I can see why Hibs are mothballing it because it costs money but that’s not an issue with youth footy.

In addition to the cost, mothballing the youth teams will also reduce the number of people visiting East Mains while the virus is still prevalent in community.

Brightside
15-06-2020, 10:07 PM

There are also 100s of girls at Hibs. Theyve said nothing yet.

SteveHFC
15-06-2020, 10:08 PM
Could we not set up something like this to help the club?

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/

Brightside
15-06-2020, 10:10 PM

Local clubs will be back training in the next month. Of that I am certain.

Garymcl
15-06-2020, 10:17 PM
For me it’s simple now is the time to concentrate on our own club we’ve had our fun regarding our neighbours they’re fate is sealed we must back the club in any way we can ie purchase season tickets , if not donate through HSL as much as you can afford ASAP cmon let’s do this cheers :flag:

04Sauzee
15-06-2020, 10:22 PM
For me it’s simple now is the time to concentrate on our own club we’ve had our fun regarding our neighbours they’re fate is sealed we must back the club in any way we can ie purchase season tickets , if not donate through HSL as much as you can afford ASAP cmon let’s do this cheers :flag:

Agreed all focus on the cabbage from now on. Season ticket sales, HSL and Hibs direct. Premier club Premier support

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2020, 10:32 PM
It reduces the value of what other people have also funded. That now needs to come out of the budget.

I think everyone who contributes their cash has the right to have a view on whether people taking that money back out is reasonable or not.

If folk are needing it to get by, genuinely, then fair play. I suspect there are a lot of cases of it being a nice to have if those figures are correct.
That’s a nasty point of view. Care to reconsider?

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2020, 10:35 PM

Nailed it, thank you

Garymcl
15-06-2020, 10:35 PM
Cheers (04sauzee) I just think we definitely should be totally concentrating our threads on net on ways of helping our club from now on in general positive suggestions pulling together to help our club that we all love I’ve renewed my season tickets but would be willing to give a bit more through HSL etc whichever is the best way to contribute outwith season tickets Ggtth :flag:

Radium
15-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Could we not set up something like this to help the club?

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/

The are many qualified people on this site so happy to be corrected. Sure that these schemes are subject to VAT so the full amount doesn’t go to the club.

happiehibbie
15-06-2020, 10:42 PM
I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new millionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).
At what point have the players done the right thing. They have agreed to take a wage deferral.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 10:46 PM
At what point have the players done the right thing. They have agreed to take a wage deferral.

Is that not what would be deemed the right thing in these circumstances?

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 10:53 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/florian-kamberi-could-seal-rangers-22196958.amp?__twitter_impression=true

It’s not all bad news.[emoji106]

RyeSloan
15-06-2020, 11:39 PM
That’s a nasty point of view. Care to reconsider?

Don’t bother, Andy has been touting his hard line on the refunders since the day it was announced....seems to get some sort of kick out of repeating the same crap on this subject ad nauseam.

Keith’s post earlier in the thread summed it up nicely and Pretty Boy capped it off.

matty_f
15-06-2020, 11:49 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/florian-kamberi-could-seal-rangers-22196958.amp?__twitter_impression=true

It’s not all bad news.[emoji106]

To be fair, most of that article was pretty depressing reading.

Beefster
16-06-2020, 05:57 AM

Seeing as we’re being judgmental without any real facts about personal circumstance, I think it’s outrageous that you expect to use hibs.net for free and leave folk like me to subsidise you. Hope you can sleep at night.

That’s how it works, right?

Jones28
16-06-2020, 06:05 AM

It’s not all bad news.[emoji106

The season ticket figure in that article is short by 1500, and the club who leapfrogged us was St Johnston, not Kilmarnock.

If those basics are wrong then Christ knows how accurate the rest of it is.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 06:06 AM

I had already accepted weeks ago that anyone with a transfer value would be sold this window if possible. That means Boyle and Kamberri. I had forgot about Marciano. It’s possible that an Israeli team may buy him I suppose.
Costs are going to be cut back to the bone. I still think we will make signings but only once these players are moved on. I can’t see anyone else moving on as they won’t get offered the same as they get here although the reduction might help here if we can negotiate them.
First thing the players are going to do though is protect themselves and in return for taking a reduction they may limit us in bringing players in as they have with the deferrals. That would make life very hard for Jack Ross. We are going to need David Gray and Darren McGregor to really show it was worthwhile giving them those ridiculously long contracts by helping persuade the players to take the cuts and not restrict the manager in bringing in players. There are going to be some very cheap footballers out there. Teams like Kilmarnock with very few players under contract are in a great position to take advantage.
This is going to be a very interesting week but it is good news that there is interest in Kamberri.

JimBHibees
16-06-2020, 06:13 AM

Hugely unlucky timing wise however trying to manage runnng costs as well as possible in a global pandemic and worst economic downturn ever which makes complete sense imo.

Tyler Durden
16-06-2020, 06:25 AM
The posters expressing disappointment in Ron Gordon. The money he’s put in to date will have paid the bills for the last few months.

We now need to cut back our spending as much as possible whilst running a competitive first team. At the end of the year we’ll have a shortfall and again, it’ll be him who’s going to fund that.

Not really sure what people are looking for but I guess we’ll all see the actual impact of this as the squad takes shape in the next month.

Tyler Durden
16-06-2020, 06:28 AM

It’s good that there seems to be interest in Kamberi. It is disappointing that we’ve found ourselves in a position where he’s going to leave for well under his potential value. Not really Hibs fault as he’s proved to be a basket case but you could easily see him going elsewhere and becoming a success. All we can do is build in a sell on clause I suppose

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 06:28 AM
The posters expressing disappointment in Ron Gordon. The money he’s put in to date will have paid the bills for the last few months.

We now need to cut back our spending as much as possible whilst running a competitive first team. At the end of the year we’ll have a shortfall and again, it’ll be him who’s going to fund that.

Not really sure what people are looking for but I guess we’ll all see the actual impact of this as the squad takes shape in the next month.

He was never billed as a sugar daddy anyway. He’s here to make money.

Heisenberg
16-06-2020, 06:34 AM

Yeah this is where I’m at. Anyone expecting him to cover our losses till crowds come back and still fund us running an expensive first team squad are mistaken, we’ve got to cut back. I don’t doubt we’ll sign players etc but let’s not take the hump if the Dundee United chairman has decided he wants to ***** 500k of his own money on Kevin Nisbet while ours is more focused on the long term sustainability of the club. I wouldn’t expect things to be any different under STF.

happiehibbie
16-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Is that not what would be deemed the right thing in these circumstances?

No as they will not lost out. However people who bought season tickets will lose /donate money to Hibs.

Brightside
16-06-2020, 07:10 AM

Senior players offered a reduction when the deferral was agreed.

we are hibs
16-06-2020, 07:15 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-offer-non-playing-staff-18427476.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Logie Green
16-06-2020, 07:28 AM

Sorry if this has already been discussed before. How many ‘walk up’ supporters have sent Hibs the money they would’ve parted with if the games had taken place?

No ST holder should have to justify why they’ve asked for a refund.

bigwheel
16-06-2020, 07:32 AM
Sorry if this has already been discussed before. How many ‘walk up’ supporters have sent Hibs the money they would’ve parted with if the games had taken place?

No ST holder should have to justify why they’ve asked for a refund.

I agree with that. Hibs have got themselves in to a little complex position. Gordon made it clear he didn't value HSL money for shares, yet didn't replace it with a compelling approach from the fans to pay more into the club to provide more operational cash for our football team. Now they will have to find a way to do so. Will be interesting to see how they position it. Other clubs (Aberdeen and Hearts for example) are much further down this road, and will give them some useful income.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 07:33 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-offer-non-playing-staff-18427476.amp?__twitter_impression=true

That is pretty dire.

Iain G
16-06-2020, 07:38 AM
The season ticket figure in that article is short by 1500, and the club who leapfrogged us was St Johnston, not Kilmarnock.

If those basics are wrong then Christ knows how accurate the rest of it is.

And the financial drop £ is wrong and we are labelled as "cash strapped", and they also think Flo is a wide attacker? It's not very factual....

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 07:38 AM
That is pretty dire.

It is the reality, unfortunately. Hibs are a company like any other and need to ensure our overheads can be met by our income. Every club, Celtic included, will be making people redundant over the coming months. It's absolutely inevitable, as sad and heart breaking as it is.

This is why I don't think we should be signing any new players, I don't think that would be right. If someone leaves i.e. Boyle/Marciano/Kamberi, I could envisage us signing someone for free. However we have enough senior players at present to complete next season.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:40 AM
And the financial drop £ is wrong and we are labelled as "cash strapped", and they also think Flo is a wide attacker? It's not very factual....

We are cash strapped.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:41 AM
It is the reality, unfortunately. Hibs are a company like any other and need to ensure our overheads can be met by our income. Every club, Celtic included, will be making people redundant over the coming months. It's absolutely inevitable, as sad and heart breaking as it is.

This is why I don't think we should be signing any new players, I don't think that would be right. If someone leaves i.e. Boyle/Marciano/Kamberi, I could envisage us signing someone for free. However we have enough senior players at present to complete next season.

We can’t risk relegation and we do play for prize money. It’s not as easy as just saying we need to complete the season. There is a massive balancing act. The first team need to be competitive.

Iain G
16-06-2020, 07:42 AM
We are cash strapped.

We have never said such a thing, we are looking to reduce outgoings to meet revised income levels.

That doesn't mean "cash strapped" which is just negative slack red-top journalistic shorthanded use of emotive language.

B.H.F.C
16-06-2020, 07:45 AM

Remember, seven senior players have already left. And luckily for us, we didn’t need to pay any of them off.

It’s pretty clear that everything at the club is going to be cut and everything available diverted to the first team. I’m certain we’ll still sign players as a result.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:46 AM
We have never said such a thing, we are looking to reduce outgoings to meet revised income levels.

That doesn't mean "cash strapped" which is just negative slack red-top journalistic shorthanded use of emotive language.

You can’t lay off all non core staff and not expect to be labelled anything other than cash strapped. I know it’s not technically correct as our cash position right now will be ok but let’s not get hung up on the actual words used by the red tops. Everyone knows we have no money to spend right now.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:48 AM
Remember, seven senior players have already left. And luckily for us, we didn’t need to pay any of them off.

It’s pretty clear that everything at the club is going to be cut and everything available diverted to the first team. I’m certain we’ll still sign players as a result.

I think we still plan to sign players but it depends whether the existing players make a condition of their taking a cut that we can’t sign new players. If so, then we have a very hard season ahead of us.

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 07:53 AM
I think we still plan to sign players but it depends whether the existing players make a condition of their taking a cut that we can’t sign new players. If so, then we have a very hard season ahead of us.

Even if we can’t sign new players, it’s all relative in the sense that outwith the old firm, every other club will be acting the same, so no real ground lost, and many clubs will be in a far worse situation than Hibs.

Free agent signings will be minimal this season across Scotland, although that could lead to some bargains if brave enough to take on the salary.

Brightside
16-06-2020, 07:55 AM
That is pretty dire.

Its the exact same report that was in the record tbf.

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 07:55 AM
Every Premiership club will be running this season with a significantly reduced playing staff. Stephen Robinson of Motherwell confirmed that they will be doing so on Sportsound at the weekend.

Hibs need to be competitive, of course we do. However, being competitive this season is not the same as any other season. Why would Hibs be running with a 'bloated' squad - relative to the rest of the league - in these circumstances. IMO, we will have a first team squad of c18-20 with 4/5 youngsters (Gullan and Murray will sit in the 18-20, IMO).

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Even if we can’t sign new players, it’s all relative in the sense that outwith the old firm, every other club will be acting the same, so no real ground lost, and many clubs will be in a far worse situation than Hibs.

Free agent signings will be minimal this season across Scotland, although that could lead to some bargains if brave enough to take on the salary.

Exactly this.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:56 AM

Clubs with very few players currently on contract will be best placed. Killie currently only have 13 players. That’s very low for a club due to start training next week. And they don’t have a massive youth set up etc. They will be able to take advantage of any bargains.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Whether we like it or not, we're a business and need to operate accordingly. What's the alternative? Bury our head in the sand until we enter admin then wonder how it happened?

Many businesses outside football are doing the same. There will be other clubs that need to take the same action. I feel for the people that are being offered VR and hope they are offered a decent package to get them through.

I took VR from RBS a number of years ago and it was the best thing I could have done.

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Clubs with very few players currently on contract will be best placed. Killie currently only have 13 players. That’s very low for a club due to start training next week. And they don’t have a massive youth set up etc. They will be able to take advantage of any bargains.

Agreed.

However, Hibs are in the fortunate/unfortunate position to have up to 20 layers under contract. We do not have to sign anyone to fill a jersey. Usually this would be a good thing, but it probably is not this year for the first time ever.

Clubs will not be signing many/any players unless the need to fill the squad. I wish Hibs were in this position, but we are not

Since452
16-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Fully support the club and I trust them to do what is best. Feel for they guys that have been let go but the stability of Hibernian is the most important thing right now to ensure we come out the other side in the strongest possible position.

B.H.F.C
16-06-2020, 08:03 AM
Every Premiership club will be running this season with a significantly reduced playing staff. Stephen Robinson of Motherwell confirmed that they will be doing so on Sportsound at the weekend.

Hibs need to be competitive, of course we do. However, being competitive this season is not the same as any other season. Why would Hibs be running with a 'bloated' squad - relative to the rest of the league - in these circumstances. IMO, we will have a first team squad of c18-20 with 4/5 youngsters (Gullan and Murray will sit in the 18-20, IMO).

I don’t think anybody is suggesting we will run with a big squad, it’s obvious we won’t.

Marciano

McGinn
James
Gray
McGregor
Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Mackie

Boyle
Allan
Mallan
Newell
Horgan
Murray

Kamberi
Doidge
Gullan

I don’t think I’ve missed anybody but that gives 19 including Murray, Gullan and Mackie. Kamberi will go and be replaced. We’ll go with what we have defensively. And add in midfield IMO. So we have 19 but when half of that is defenders, that doesn’t work for the season.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2020, 08:05 AM
Seeing as we’re being judgmental without any real facts about personal circumstance, I think it’s outrageous that you expect to use hibs.net for free and leave folk like me to subsidise you. Hope you can sleep at night.

Absolutely brilliant post.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:06 AM
Agreed.

However, Hibs are in the fortunate/unfortunate position to have up to 20 layers under contract. We do not have to sign anyone to fill a jersey. Usually this would be a good thing, but it probably is not this year for the first time ever.

Clubs will not be signing many/any players unless the need to fill the squad. I wish Hibs were in this position, but we are not

From what I can see, we have 19 players under contract. It’s enough to get us by but only just and it’s pretty unbalanced. And only one goalie.

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 08:13 AM
Did younger Hibs players get put on furlough?

Other clubs I’ve seen use this for their 1st team in Scotland ?

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 08:17 AM
I don’t think anybody is suggesting we will run with a big squad, it’s obvious we won’t.

Marciano

McGinn
James
Gray
McGregor
Jackson
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Mackie

Boyle
Allan
Mallan
Newell
Horgan
Murray

Kamberi
Doidge
Gullan

I don’t think I’ve missed anybody but that gives 19 including Murray, Gullan and Mackie. Kamberi will go and be replaced. We’ll go with what we have defensively. And add in midfield IMO. So we have 19 but when half of that is defenders, that doesn’t work for the season.

James was one of those who would definitely have been leaving but I think we may see him shifted into Midfield for this season.

We won't sign one defender. At most we will see one or two 'extra' signings on top of any who leave as I agree, it is unbalanced. Great opportunity to blood some of the Academy though.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Did younger Hibs players get put on furlough?

Other clubs I’ve seen use this for their 1st team in Scotland ?

Yes, all our players were furloughed. I doubt we will be running a reserve team this season so they will likely all be let go when furlough stops. The ones we want to keep will be put in first team squad. There will be nowhere to loan players out to.

lucky
16-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately this is just the start of the downturn in Scottish football. Hibs have made the right decision, we can’t run multiple teams next season especially when no one knows when football will start outside the first team. We all laughed at Budge when she cut the Hearts players contracts, yes she made an arse of how she did it, she always does, but it does not mean it wasn’t the right thing to to do. I’ve said multiple times on here that football is going to take a hammering in Scotland, we rely on fans through the gate and that’s just not happening this year. The country is heading into economic meltdown, millions will lose their jobs. Fans as loyal as they are just wont have the money for football. Players outside England’s big two leagues will see contracts drop significantly. Players earning contracts of £3/4K a week are going to long gone at nearly every club.

The biggest problem we might face is if players of any value refuse a cut in salary they can walk for free. We could lose Boyle, Kamberi and Porteous for nothing. Even in today’s market we would to get decent money for them.

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Hibs90
16-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Agreed.

Clubs are signing players though.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:26 AM

Only clubs that have tiny squads have been doing that so far.

InchHibby
16-06-2020, 08:27 AM

You got the first bit correct, then for me, it went pear shaped. Full of negativity and most importantly, full of quotes that I personally, don’t think are true. All clubs including us will be finding it tough at the moment, but this is a time when we should all be pulling together and not coming out with negative stuff like this.

Brightside
16-06-2020, 08:31 AM
From what I can see, we have 19 players under contract. It’s enough to get us by but only just and it’s pretty unbalanced. And only one goalie.

Do we not still have Dabrowski? I’d expect him to be no2 this season.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Do we not still have Dabrowski? I’d expect him to be no2 this season.

We do and I think if we are looking at thinning the squad out a bit he will be our No 2 unless of course Rocky was to move on which I'm not suggesting he will

Antifa Hibs
16-06-2020, 08:36 AM

That doesn't tell the whole story though. A team could have let go 5 players who's contracts expired and were on £1k a week. And signed 2 players on £800 a week....

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:37 AM
We do and I think if we are looking at thinning the squad out a bit he will be our No 2 unless of course Rocky was to move on which I'm not suggesting he will

I think Rocky will go, even if it’s just for a nominal fee. His wages would allow us to bring in another keeper and still make savings.

Lee Marvin
16-06-2020, 08:40 AM
I think Rocky will go, even if it’s just for a nominal fee. His wages would allow us to bring in another keeper and still make savings.

Rocky out, Craig Gordon in.

It would be worth it for the laughs...

Antifa Hibs
16-06-2020, 08:41 AM

That could be the difference between someone renewing or not though. So by infact Hibs giving Person A £100 refund from last season, means they have bagged £330 for next season...

Antifa Hibs
16-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Also those asking for RG to plough millions into us... What is the difference between that and the Hearts "mystery" benefactors, or the Huns directors who have donated tens of millions to them - both of which we are apparently dead against...?

.Sean.
16-06-2020, 08:51 AM
The end of February when the 1 million investment in the stadium was announced and the club said there was cash in the bank seems a distant memory now

madhatter
16-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Also those asking for RG to plough millions into us... What is the difference between that and the Hearts "mystery" benefactors, or the Huns directors who have donated tens of millions to them - both of which we are apparently dead against...?

Community club potentially making cleaners etc. redundant while asking fans to plough cash in during a pandemic while millionaire owner sits and watches is pretty poor from the other perspective.

We cannot expect RG to plough millions in but why can club expect fans to put more money in while they potentially let go the most vulnerable?

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 08:57 AM
The end of February when the 1 million investment in the stadium was announced and the club said there was cash in the bank seems a distant memory now

Going by Hearts' calculation, we missed out on roughly £2m* of income by finishing the season early.

* Four home games and an unexpected semi-final equals £2m..... It must be true, Dr Mrs Budge said so, and she's a successful businesswoman.

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2020, 08:57 AM

How do you know his wages? or the wage demands of potential signings?

Antifa Hibs
16-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Community club potentially making cleaners etc. redundant while asking fans to plough cash in during a pandemic while millionaire owner sits and watches is pretty poor from the other perspective.

We cannot expect RG to plough millions in but why can club expect fans to put more money in while they potentially let go the most vulnerable?

Community club!? That's marketing, i've already spoke out against the community club stuff - means very very little.

Could be wrong but I can't recall the club asking for fans to plough cash into the club?

Can't see cleaners being employed by Hibs. Cleaners, catering, hospitality and other staff will be subbed out.

Having caught up with the rest of the world and watched the Sunderland documentary it's very dangerous to rely on an owner to bankroll you. Their old owner was writing cheques left right and centre. Got fed up, wanted out and and left Sunderland completely donald ducked.

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2020, 09:04 AM

Is he sitting and watching?

Is he putting nothing in?

Is he making cleaners redundant?

Or is he taking a pragmatic, and hands-on, approach to challenges that are unprecedented and unpredictable?

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 09:08 AM

Club haven’t put any expectation on the fans? In fact they have said how grateful they are that we have been so generous.

Since452
16-06-2020, 09:10 AM
Going by Hearts' calculation, we missed out on roughly £2m* of income by finishing the season early.

* Four home games and an unexpected semi-final equals £2m..... It must be true, Dr Mrs Budge said so, and she's a successful businesswoman.

Hearts have far more to worry about than Hibs finances

Bronson
16-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Apologies if mentioned already in this thread or another. Looking at options on how I can do my bit to support the club financially (ST already bought). I’m not sold on HSL as it’s never really seemed to take off and got a lot of negative reactions a few years ago (I recall people handing out ‘ponzi scheme’ leaflets outside the east stand). What’s the general consensus among hibs fans for the best way to contribute?

green day
16-06-2020, 09:18 AM

Lots of things are different.

My business was going very well and profitably at the end of February, then the income went off a cliff (thankfully started to slowly come back a couple of weeks back).

I have other income so its not catastrophic, but football clubs still need to pay people, keep the lights on etc etc - everything has changed (hopefully shortish term) and we will absolutely not be the last club to make changes.

Roy McGregor is very wealthy and has already removed a load of youth players and their then Director of Football.

All Hibs are doing is giving us it straight - and that message prompted me to renew my ST yesterday.

We will come out of this leaner and hopefully fitter.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Club haven’t put any expectation on the fans? In fact they have said how grateful they are that we have been so generous.

The statements about being grateful and appreciative are double-sided, surely we all know that? Saying you are grateful to a group of passionate individuals is likely to encourage group mentality resulting in more funding, either through renewals or donations. Exactly why we had the whole Twitter ST benchmark stuff - get your name on this list and we are grateful to the new 1000.

That message yesterday has already been portrayed as a call to arms by supporters. Let’s not kid ourselves that the timing and language used were not calculated. Message can be genuine but club have tried to maximise effect in order to create collective coming together which in truth is to generate more renewals and more donations - inadvertently asking fans to put money in.

Even if you are able to ignore the impulse, as a passionate Hibs fan, what do messages like these make you feel like doing? Helping out? Can indirectly ask much of many people. It isn’t difficult.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Apologies if mentioned already in this thread or another. Looking at options on how I can do my bit to support the club financially (ST already bought). I’m not sold on HSL as it’s never really seemed to take off and got a lot of negative reactions a few years ago (I recall people handing out ‘ponzi scheme’ leaflets outside the east stand). What’s the general consensus among hibs fans for the best way to contribute?
By putting your money into HSL simply
Or season tickets
Or Hibs TV
Or buying merchandise through Hibs direct

madhatter
16-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Is he sitting and watching?

Is he putting nothing in?

Is he making cleaners redundant?

Or is he taking a pragmatic, and hands-on, approach to challenges that are unprecedented and unpredictable?

Surely the pragmatic thing to do is to negotiate amicable terminations of the highest earning football players which isn’t what is indicated so far. Indications so far is senior playing squad won’t be impacted. Granted cleaners may prove to be a poor example but if our highest earning players don’t appear to be earmarked for redundancy then ultimately it is further down the hierarchy, no?

Pretty sure if Ron Gordon was putting substantial money in it would be included in any communications. Especially ones meant in a rallying way, lead by example etc. In short though, I don’t know and surely that’s part of the problem...

Jones28
16-06-2020, 09:29 AM

If you can afford it sign up to HSL. £18.75 a month isn’t a lot of money. Buy the new home shirt.

Also remember no one is going to have a go if individuals can’t contribute.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 09:31 AM
If you can afford it sign up to HSL. £18.75 a month isn’t a lot of money. Buy the new home shirt.

Remember the club don’t get the full whack on the strip, as the shop is outsourced

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Remember the club don’t get the full whack on the strip, as the shop is outsourced

I've often wondered how much the club make per shirt, probably no more than £15-20.

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Surely the pragmatic thing to do is to negotiate amicable terminations of the highest earning football players which isn’t what is indicated so far. Indications so far is senior playing squad won’t be impacted. Granted cleaners may prove to be a poor example but if our highest earning players don’t appear to be earmarked for redundancy then ultimately it is further down the hierarchy, no?

Pretty sure if Ron Gordon was putting substantial money in it would be included in any communications. Especially ones meant in a rallying way, lead by example etc. In short though, I don’t know and surely that’s part of the problem...

Is that the case?

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 09:52 AM

If our primary business is as a football team, why would we make our football players redundant?

madhatter
16-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Is that the case?

Think that’s a fairly decent conclusion to make based on:

“We must now focus our limited resources on our core business – and that is supporting our first team to deliver success on the pitch.”

First team may be impacted upon but think the main cull will be elsewhere going by what Ron Gordon is quoted as saying (above).

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:01 AM
If our primary business is as a football team, why would we make our football players redundant?

To make our footballing department more affordable? Our obvious expense is player salaries. I never said make all our players redundant. Cost cutting is cost cutting. Don’t think removing soap from the toilets is going to cut it.

Lancs Harp
16-06-2020, 10:03 AM
To make our footballing department more affordable? Our obvious expense is player salaries. I never said make all our players redundant. Cost cutting is cost cutting. Don’t think removing soap from the toilets is going to cut it.

Under the present circumstances I dont think that was the best example mate :greengrin

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Under the present circumstances I dont think that was the best example mate :greengrin

True, wasn’t the best. Lowest level cut back I could think of quickly.

Bronson
16-06-2020, 10:13 AM

Always been a little apprehensive around HSL but will look into it more. Not much of a football top wearer personally. Would be up for a one-off pooled donation to help cover costs of ST refunds etc and would prefer it to a direct debit to HSL.

Jones28
16-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Always been a little apprehensive around HSL but will look into it more. Not much of a football top wearer personally. Would be up for a one-off pooled donation to help cover costs of ST refunds etc and would prefer it to a direct debit to HSL.

HSL have raised £770,000 to date, and although the objective of acquiring shares is no longer on the table it’s still a good vehicle for doing exactly what you’re alluding to - making a donation. Have a look at the website - www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 10:20 AM
True, wasn’t the best. Lowest level cut back I could think of quickly.

it's a good job you're not a Celtc supporter, as it would have been even more inappropriate

:wink:

RossScott1991
16-06-2020, 10:26 AM
If we have to come out of this with a weaker more youthful side then so be it, aslong as there is a hibs. Kamberi will be off the wage bill soon completely , if we can recruit a small fee then ideal. Gullan will get his chance.

As much as don’t want to. Hibs should look into selling Boyle relatively for a large fee. Not sure how long is left on his contract but it would be in the clubs best interests he’s probaly our most valuable asset atm on the park.

likes of Fraser Murray etc are going to just have to step up and use this situation as a blessing to make a name for themselves

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 11:19 AM
If we have to come out of this with a weaker more youthful side then so be it, aslong as there is a hibs. Kamberi will be off the wage bill soon completely , if we can recruit a small fee then ideal. Gullan will get his chance.

As much as don’t want to. Hibs should look into selling Boyle relatively for a large fee. Not sure how long is left on his contract but it would be in the clubs best interests he’s probaly our most valuable asset atm on the park.

likes of Fraser Murray etc are going to just have to step up and use this situation as a blessing to make a name for themselves

Martin Boyle is a free agent after the end of 20/21 with that in mind and the current climate I doubt we would command a huge fee for him. Prefer if we made effort to keep him on an improved contract, and could sell him for a bigger fee down the line, if it was the best thing for the club.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 11:23 AM
Martin Boyle is a free agent after the end of 20/21 with that in mind and the current climate I doubt we would command a huge fee for him. Prefer if we made effort to keep him on an improved contract, and could sell him for a bigger fee down the line, if it was the best thing for the club.

There is no way we are giving a pay rise to Boyle while cutting everyone else’s wages.

matty_f
16-06-2020, 11:25 AM

HSL - those barriers you have to it are really tenuous. If you're not sold on it for those reasons, take some time to look into it, there's no catch - they take money and give it to Hibs.

There's no salaries or costs coming out (except perhaps very minimal admin costs) so you can be confident that the club gets your cash.

HSL (Called Hibernian Supporters now) was slaughtered by a section of the support at the start for whatever reason, but it 100% isn't/wasn't a ponzi scheme by any definition of the phrase, and they've contributed a high amount of money to the club already (and continue to do so).

Don't let a dislike of their name, or confusion around what other people have said about it, get in the way - it's so simple, you give them money, they give it to Hibs.

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 11:33 AM
There is no way we are giving a pay rise to Boyle while cutting everyone else’s wages.

It wouldn’t be a pay rise for 20/21 as Martin would have to accept a pay cut along with everyone else.

Nothing wrong with negotiating an improved contract for 21/22 onwards for one of our biggest assets, to avoid him walking away for nothing.

JammyDoidger
16-06-2020, 12:24 PM

considering I've a post count of about 100 and you've one of about 15,000 Not really no. I don't sit on football forums very often. I don't even know how much it is to pay fir 'private membership' and what it even entails.
As for other people's comments about taking money back from airlines, then I can Absoloutely see the point in that..considering there is no emotional attatchment to easyJet or Ryanair.

weecounty hibby
16-06-2020, 01:35 PM
We are cash strapped.

There is a huge difference being fiscally prudent and being cash strapped. The company I work for is a multi billion pounds operation regularly posting profits of over £4b. We have all been told that there will be no pay rises or bonuses paid this year and I'll be stunned if these are the last cash saving exercise. These are all designed to protect the business long term and Hibs will be doing the same

greenginger
16-06-2020, 01:50 PM
How much of the extra Sky tv money has been factored into our budget ?

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2020, 02:06 PM
considering I've a post count of about 100 and you've one of about 15,000 Not really no. I don't sit on football forums very often. I don't even know how much it is to pay fir 'private membership' and what it even entails.
As for other people's comments about taking money back from airlines, then I can Absoloutely see the point in that..considering there is no emotional attatchment to easyJet or Ryanair.

100 posts or 10000 you still use .net for free though.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2020, 02:09 PM
I’m surprised at the reaction to Ron’s statement, it’s pretty obvious that a business that has lost it’s main revenue stream will be looking to protect that business by making cuts in costs wherever possible.

Since452
16-06-2020, 02:17 PM
I’m surprised at the reaction to Ron’s statement, it’s pretty obvious that a business that has lost it’s main revenue stream will be looking to protect that business by making cuts in costs wherever possible.

Exactly

JimBHibees
16-06-2020, 02:21 PM

Agree seems totally sensible and good they are being up front about it.

Gerard
16-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Agree seems totally sensible and good they are being up front about it.

I think Mr Gordon's statement is an honest one and worthy of respect. There are many Hibs fans who are willing and able to help our club survive this crisis and for the club to prosper in and beyond it.
The club needs to have a dialogue with all the stakeholders
With a view to find out an equitable way that the stakeholders can assist the club in its hour of need
The Covid19 situation makes it difficult to hold meeting
The club can still communicate via email and video conferencing.
Hibs have a reputation for being first in so many ways
Let us continue that fine reputation and have a conversation
With all the stakeholders

Duke of Currie
16-06-2020, 02:56 PM
I noticed Lee Makel, Grant Murray and Colin Nish have been released.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-offer-non-playing-staff-18427476

Does anyone have information on what the club is going to do with the academy ? Pure speculation of course , but would they go down the Brentford route of ditching the academy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts

Beefster
16-06-2020, 02:56 PM

As I suspected, your outrage is a little bit hypocritical. It’s okay for you to not pay for something you actually use because you only use a little and you don’t have the inclination to find out how to pay for it. Folk who don’t want to pay for something that they didn’t actually use shouldn’t be able to sleep at night though.

Sound reasonable.

Lago
16-06-2020, 03:01 PM
What a mess Scottish football is in & it's got a bit to run yet, there will be no happy endings.

JammyDoidger
16-06-2020, 03:03 PM
As I suspected, your outrage is a little bit hypocritical. It’s okay for you to not pay for something you actually use because you only use a little and you don’t have the inclination to find out how to pay for it. Folk who don’t want to pay for something that they didn’t actually use shouldn’t be able to sleep at night though.

Sound reasonable.

Hold on a minute. I've never paid to use a forum. It's never crossed my mind. Like I stated above I don't even know how much it is and what you get for it so to speak. BUT if you enlighten me it's something I'll take under serious consideration, I've also not got an emotional attatchment to hibs.net and it's users! There's not many things more importaint to me than hibs. If you say the same about a football forum then it's a sad life your living.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 03:06 PM

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-offer-non-playing-staff-18427476

Does anyone have information on what the club is going to do with the academy ? Pure speculation of course , but would they go down the Brentford route of ditching the academy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts

I think that it is definitely easier to just start taking boys at 17 rather than 8. Our academy has not produced a single player we have sold since Eddie May arrived. Maybe the money would be better spent bringing in top 17 year olds from around Europe?

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 03:09 PM
I think that it is definitely easier to just start taking boys at 17 rather than 8. Our academy has not produced a single player we have sold since Eddie May arrived. Maybe the money would be better spent bringing in top 17 year olds from around Europe?

I don’t think that’s part of the overall community plans though.

Broken Gnome
16-06-2020, 03:12 PM

Seen this touted across the city, but is it well and truly Hearts nonsense that we could offload East Mains?

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 03:12 PM
I don’t think that’s part of the overall community plans though.

We don’t have a community club though? Pro youth is very different from a community club.

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 03:14 PM
We don’t have a community club though? Pro youth is very different from a community club.

Part of the community initiative sure is having age levels from 20s all the way down? (I’m not disagreeing with you btw).

Heisenberg
16-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Seen this touted across the city, but is it well and truly Hearts nonsense that we could offload East Mains?

Yes.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 03:18 PM
Part of the community initiative sure is having age levels from 20s all the way down? (I’m not disagreeing with you btw).

Might be that we have a rethink. Not sure which way I am on this myself but have said before that what we are doing now is not working. A lot of money has been spent on the academy over the last 6 years since May came in and we have had zero return on the investment.
Would now be a good time to look at a different model? I think so.

Billy Whizz

Does Ron own East Mains

GreenPJ

Was retaining East Mains not part of the sale conditions?

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Does Ron own East Mains

No, Hibs own East Mains.

Duke of Currie
16-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Dont think we would need to offload East Mains , I understand there may be surplus land which could be sold , but dont think this is the market to do that.

Raised the academy point out of speculation as the returns from the investments have not been seen on the playing front. Based upon no 'insider knowledge' at all , would it be better to run a development / reserve team based on players who didnt make the breakthrough at English Premiership clubs and developing youngsters from lower league Scottish clubs. Even creating an opportunity for players where we have partnerships that Ron was referring to.

Mowbray had some success with the guys he brought up from England , so there is evidence it can work.

You can still run a community programme , but just not rely on it to bring in players , more social than player development. Something that creates a bridge between the club and the community.

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkShaw?

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 03:47 PM
Shaw?

If it wasn’t for Hecky, would have been playing in the 1st team
Also got Murray, Hammer and Porteous in our 1st team squad now

Speedy
16-06-2020, 03:55 PM
That could be the difference between someone renewing or not though. So by infact Hibs giving Person A £100 refund from last season, means they have bagged £330 for next season...

Precisely. A few mentioned it on here. Didn't do that in the end but it certainly crossed my mind.

Andy74
16-06-2020, 04:09 PM
If it wasn’t for Hecky, would have been playing in the 1st team
Also got Murray, Hammer and Porteous in our 1st team squad now

Nah, Shaw can't be blaming Hecky - he is just not at the level and hasn't really done anything since moving either.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Nah, Shaw can't be blaming Hecky - he is just not at the level and hasn't really done anything since moving either.

He can blame Hecky 100%, almost destroyed his career

Think we can also part blame him for this mess we’re in too

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Hold on a minute. I've never paid to use a forum. It's never crossed my mind. Like I stated above I don't even know how much it is and what you get for it so to speak. BUT if you enlighten me it's something I'll take under serious consideration, I've also not got an emotional attatchment to hibs.net and it's users! There's not many things more importaint to me than hibs. If you say the same about a football forum then it's a sad life your living.

What if those folk claiming refunds have an emotional attachment to money?

Gerard
16-06-2020, 04:25 PM
What if those folk claiming refunds have an emotional attachment to money?
That is possible.
These people may be on a reduced income due to being furlouged or unemployed and have a need for that money to pay for essential requirements.:wink:

Pagan Hibernia
16-06-2020, 04:35 PM

I really really hope not.

I know some changes have to be made, but Hibs have a proud record of producing exciting young players and in my opinion for a club of our size this should be the preferred model for growing the club. I want us to have the finest academy in Scotland and I don't think that is unachievable.

If anything, if money for signings is gong to be so tight for the foreseeable future then the academy becomes even more important

Beefster
16-06-2020, 04:42 PM

I’m obviously being facetious with the hibs.net argument. You wouldn’t believe how sad my life is though.

Feeding the family and paying the mortgage might be more important than Hibs to at least some of the folk that you don’t think should be able to sleep at night. Folk are losing jobs left, right and centre. If these folk are struggling to sleep, I’m going to wager not because of guilt at asking for a refund for a service they didn’t get.

Anyway, I don’t want to keep dragging this on when I’ve made my point. I get your argument about emotion and, ultimately, I don’t really have a meaningful stake in this argument either way but your judgment of folk who might be struggling big time was out of order imho.

bingo70
16-06-2020, 04:44 PM
I really really hope not.

I know some changes have to be made, but Hibs have a proud record of producing exciting young players and in my opinion for a club of our size this should be the preferred model for growing the club. I want us to have the finest academy in Scotland and I don't think that is unachievable.

If anything, if money for signings is gong to be so tight for the foreseeable future then the academy becomes even more important

We can still bring through young players without recruiting hundreds of them from aged about 9 upwards.

It would take a lot of considering but I think the Brentford model makes sense. The big clubs release hundreds of players every year, pick them up at 17 or 18 years old and give them a second chance.

Having brilliant 14 or 15 year olds is neither here nor there if they don’t develop as we want or need them to. Likewise if they are brilliant but we are well covered by senior pros when it comes to the time they need to break through we’ve wasted a huge amount of time and resources over the years.

Smartie
16-06-2020, 04:46 PM

Not great news.

All 3 I have heard good things about.

We've got to do what we've got to do though.