PDA

View Full Version : Wage cuts at Hibs

matty_f
15-06-2020, 01:43 PM
The Record are reporting that we're going to be along players to take a wage cut, having previously agreed to defer wages.

Clearly that's indicative of us expecting a big drop in income, but should we also take this as a sign that transfer activity will be minimal as well?

H18 SFR
15-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Good discussion on this in a couple of other threads.

BoomtownHibees
15-06-2020, 01:50 PM
I heard that Hibs have made Colin Nish, Alan Combe, Grant Murray and Lee Maickle redundant this morning but as yet no statement from the club.

The DR article confirms Combe is likely to leave with Samson coming in to replace him

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Always on the cards I’m afraid. There is going to be a massive hit to our finances over the next year. No club will escape it. We will likely try and sell Boyle and Kamberri but it’s a tough market to sell into as well.
There will still be players arriving but it will be on lower wages than we would normally pay.
Could be worse, could be in Hearts situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
15-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Makes sense

Bostonhibby
15-06-2020, 01:55 PM
I heard that Hibs have made Colin Nish, Alan Combe, Grant Murray and Lee Maickle redundant this morning but as yet no statement from the club.It's got legs,unfortunately.

I never get any good info but I trust this one.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 01:59 PM
I heard that Hibs have made Colin Nish, Alan Combe, Grant Murray and Lee Maickle redundant this morning but as yet no statement from the club.

That would be brutal for them
Makel and Nish work predominantly with the reserve/development team. I’ve got to know then and Grant quite well since going to the games
Think that tells you we’re highly unlikely to be having a team at that level this season

PatHead
15-06-2020, 02:01 PM
The DR article confirms Combe is likely to leave with Samson coming in to replace him

Surely that can't be a redundancy then?

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Surely that can't be a redundancy then?

We don’t know either of their job spec’s PH

Liam978
15-06-2020, 02:07 PM
It's got legs,unfortunately.

I never get any good info but I trust this one.

Wish the club would confirm or deny all these circulating rumours. It hurts to see fans of other clubs commenting on our impending supposed bankruptcy. Only yesterday Dundee Utd were reporting that they were favourites to sign Nesbit subject to their managers estimation, as we were in financial turmoil.

Bostonhibby
15-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Wish the club would confirm or deny all these circulating rumours. It hurts to see fans of other clubs commenting on our impending supposed bankruptcy. Only yesterday Dundee Utd were reporting that they were favourites to sign Nesbit subject to their managers estimation, as we were in financial turmoil.Agree.

sean04
15-06-2020, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately with a lack of income clubs will have to cut there cloth accordingly. Could mean players leaving. I think the majority of clubs will be in the same position

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2020, 02:19 PM
Wish the club would confirm or deny all these circulating rumours. It hurts to see fans of other clubs commenting on our impending supposed bankruptcy. Only yesterday Dundee Utd were reporting that they were favourites to sign Nesbit subject to their managers estimation, as we were in financial turmoil.

Given that, as the meeting (according to people on here) is taking place this afternoon, it would be wrong to make these things public until the most important people had been informed.

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Obviously the removal of The Maroon Pound has already had an effect.

:duck:

Sammy7nil
15-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Obviously the removal of The Maroon Pound has already had an effect.

:duck:

Yip Tick Tock and all that :wink:

Vault Boy
15-06-2020, 02:37 PM
It's just essential, sensible financial planning. There's now more of a roadmap for top flight football than at the start of the pandemic in the UK.

Hopefully we can work things out in a mutual and fair way. I'd trust our current executive team to do that. (Rather than threatening redundancies in the national press a week or two into the ordeal).

Since452
The Kamberi money will be very welcome. Hopefully it's a good fee

flash
This is far more important than the reconstruction circus.

B.H.F.C
15-06-2020, 02:38 PM

I wouldn’t be hurt by it. Hibs will be fine. We’re no different to any other business at this point in time. Substantially reduced income means you need to change your operation. Unfortunately, that’ll mean redundancy for some folk.

We’ll still have a team to watch though and we’ll still be watching them in the top league.

Stuart93
15-06-2020, 02:40 PM

I canny see the club commenting on absolute drivel being peddled from fans of other clubs that we’re going bankrupt. Nor did I think our fans would expect a statement on it due to its sheer ridiculousness

Since452
15-06-2020, 02:41 PM
I wouldn’t be hurt by it. Hibs will be fine. We’re no different to any other business at this point in time. Substantially reduced income means you need to change your operation. Unfortunately, that’ll mean redundancy for some folk.

We’ll still have a team to watch though and we’ll still be watching them in the top league.

That's how I feel. I'm safe in the knowledge that Hibs are in the best hands.

where'stheslope
15-06-2020, 02:42 PM
Have said it on previous threads, much as it hurts to admit it, cutting wages rather than deferring them was always the way to go!!!
How can you pay a player 1.5 wages when no money coming in, its just ludicris!!!

Peevemor
15-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Have said it on previous threads, much as it hurts to admit it, cutting wages rather than deferring them was always the way to go!!!
How can you pay a player 1.5 wages when no money coming in, its just ludicris!!!

It depends how the players' deals are constructed.

If most players basic is only 70-80% of their final earnings (the rest being appearance money & bonuses), then having no matches effectively cuts their wages.

Budge admitted that their wages weren't heavy on bonuses, therefore win, lose or draw the players were still getting paid full whack (or nearly) - they had no choice but to go for wage cuts.

It also depends how you want to treat your employees.

where'stheslope
15-06-2020, 02:59 PM
It depends how the players' deals are constructed.

If most players basic is only 70-80% of their final earnings (the rest being appearance money & bonuses), then having no matches effectively cuts their wages.

Budge admitted that their wages weren't heavy on bonuses, therefore win, lose or draw the players were still getting paid full whack (or nearly) - they had no choice but to go for wage cuts.

It also depends how you want to treat your employees.
I take what you say as correct, but no matter who you work for, if you are asked to take a wage cut, you become disillusioned and start quoting contracts!
It is a sign of the times, and I'm afraid all clubs could be forced into this position sooner rather than later.
Hope the club can keep it to a minimum so we can keep the majority of the squad together!!!

Peevemor
15-06-2020, 03:03 PM
I take what you say as correct, but no matter who you work for, if you are asked to take a wage cut, you become disillusioned and start quoting contracts!
It is a sign of the times, and I'm afraid all clubs could be forced into this position sooner rather than later.
Hope the club can keep it to a minimum so we can keep the majority of the squad together!!!

Which is why Hibs deferred wages in the first instance. The club made the effort to do the right thing.

If the club does it's best for the players, the majority will reciprocate.

CMurdoch
15-06-2020, 03:09 PM

Obviously things are not good for Scottish football at the moment but Hibs are not in financial trouble.
The club had healthy financial reserves and no debt when Ron Gordon came in and nothing has been spent (other than on a new PA system I believe) to change that situation. On top of that we have sold 8,000 season tickets for next season and I reckon another 2,000 folk will be ready to buy or will buy before the new early bird deadline.

IMO only Celtic are in better financial shape and Dundee Utd are maxed out.
We know Rangers needed a cash injection to keep going to the end of this season so they will be hurting at the moment. FOH will just about keep Hearts floating. Aberdeen despite Cormack's babling will be fine.
Below that the smaller teams will have shed a lot of players on short term contracts as they always do and will hold off on restocking as long as possible.

If a club entered the current crisis in debt or with little or no reserves they will struggle but fortunately Hibs are not in that situation. The rainy day of rainy days has arrived and Hibs have a bit in reserve and the supporters behind them. GGTTH!

lord bunberry
15-06-2020, 04:45 PM
I wonder if players will see this as a bit of a kick in the teeth. They were asked to take the deferral on the promise that wages would be returned to normal. Asking them now to take a wage cut might not go down well. The story is pretty vague and I’d hope that the players remain on board and together.

The 90+2
15-06-2020, 04:47 PM
I wonder if players will see this as a bit of a kick in the teeth. They were asked to take the deferral on the promise that wages would be returned to normal. Asking them now to take a wage cut might not go down well. The story is pretty vague and I’d hope that the players remain on board and together.

The alternative could mean the clause hearts where going on about where players can be released? They are in very good wages at a very good club, you would hope they would agree.

Barney McGrew
15-06-2020, 04:51 PM
That’s Hibs now confirmed they’re in consultation with staff.

CB_NO3
15-06-2020, 04:55 PM
If they accept the proposal you would like to think they would get their deferred wages paid up to date.

Be good if the club opened up other revenue streams as well throughout the season, for example the money that I would pay for an away game could go to the club.

Andy74
15-06-2020, 05:00 PM
Typical that a few months ago we were talking about jumbo screens and indoor pitches!

Most teams will be in bad shape but very frustrating that we were on the verge of something potentially very exciting.

Antifa Hibs
15-06-2020, 05:01 PM

If the players read any papers, social media or watch the news they'll know the economy is ****ed as a result of this and will count themselves lucky to be in a job - nobody is immune from this.

We probably have 2-3 players who could maybe move on and get a bigger wage in the current climate (Boyle, Kamberi & Rocky) - the rest should be lucky to still be in employment and hopefully they see it that way.

Great communication from the club again regards to this. Onwards and upwards.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 05:01 PM
Why is season ticket money for this season not being spent until next? Or have i picked that up wrong?

ancient hibee
15-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Why is season ticket money for this season not being spent until next? Or have i picked that up wrong?

Because next season hasn't started yet.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 05:07 PM
Because next season hasn't started yet.

Next season isnt the upcoming season. Its the following one. We are now in season 20/21.

DH1875
15-06-2020, 05:10 PM
Why did we vote to drop down a place in the league and give up on £130k :confused:

jax67
15-06-2020, 05:12 PM
The Kamberi money will be very welcome. Hopefully it's a good fee

Could do with a big English club spending a fortune on SJM.

brianmc
15-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Why did we vote to drop down a place in the league and give up on £130k :confused:

Sporting integrity 👍🏼

madhatter
15-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Could do with a big English club spending a fortune on SJM.

Getting Kamberi out the door will help also. Sadly, Boyle being sold also.

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 05:28 PM
Next season isnt the upcoming season. Its the following one. We are now in season 20/21.

I'm sure you know what they meant, as in 'the season that's not started yet'

Andy74
15-06-2020, 05:28 PM

The only other option was to try and play out the season and that wasn't going to be possible, at least not without even more cost.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 05:29 PM

Probably read all the "fans" on here who wouldn't be back if our vote aided Hearts.

TheMrSandiego
15-06-2020, 05:29 PM

Because if we had voted the other way many fans would have seen that as a vote to keep Hearts in the league. It might have cost us season ticket sales in the process.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 05:32 PM
I'm sure you know what they meant, as in 'the season that's not started yet'

I didnt know what they meant. Thats why i asked. Next season isnt this upcoming season.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Probably read all the "fans" on here who wouldn't be back if our vote aided Hearts.

Or they probably realised that the season couldnt be realistically completed. Any chance for you to try and stir a wee bit trouble on here though.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Or they probably realised that the season couldnt be realistically completed. Any chance for you to try and stir a wee bit trouble on here though.

Just a joke, relax yourself.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 05:38 PM

Hilarious stuff then

Lee Marvin
15-06-2020, 06:01 PM

Was a good one

mjhibby
16-06-2020, 10:13 AM

Every club will have to adjust the their new levels of income until the virus is gone. Every club will be losing money. The dons are shipping a million a month which is unsustainable. It’s time every club faced up to the reality that millions of folk outside football are facing. Hugely reduced income for the foreseeable future. The Spfl should have been looking at how all 42 clubs get through this crisis instead of spending nearly three months of eventually ensuring hertz got the telegation they deserved.

Biggie
16-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Ok I cant see anything on this, so I'm not too embarrassed to ask......but are we saying we're close to burning thru £4.5m (cash reserve from last accounts I'm sure was approx this amount...) ?
Tragic if this is the case...we need manu to buy McGinn !

Peevemor
16-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Ok I cant see anything on this, so I'm not too embarrassed to ask......but are we saying we're close to burning thru £4.5m (cash reserve from last accounts I'm sure was approx this amount...) ?

That was money from season ticket sales, which is then used to pay wages and bills throughout the season. How else do you think we pay for stuff?

where'stheslope
16-06-2020, 11:04 AM
We're lucky we have a cash reserve, other clubs have and are living hand to mouth and it will start to show soon.
Closed door games will have a massive impact on all clubs running costs, playing games and no revenue coming in!
The longer it stays that way the more it will take years to get back on financial track.

Stuart93
16-06-2020, 11:07 AM
We're lucky we have a cash reserve, other clubs have and are living hand to mouth and it will start to show soon.
Closed door games will have a massive impact on all clubs running costs, playing games and no revenue coming in!
The longer it stays that way the more it will take years to get back on financial track.

I keep hearing this about “other clubs”. These other clubs are looking and are making signings for the new season. Aye they have potentially got rid of some players but so have we. I’m just not understanding if it’s the same else where why they’re in a position to bring new players in and we don’t seem to be

The dalmeny
16-06-2020, 11:08 AM
Are all the youth academy players, u17 and below, being released ? Read the academy coaches were away

Peevemor
16-06-2020, 11:14 AM
I keep hearing this about “other clubs”. These other clubs are looking and are making signings for the new season. Aye they have potentially got rid of some players but so have we. I’m just not understanding if it’s the same else where why they’re in a position to bring new players in and we don’t seem to be

Wait and see what happens before getting too uptight.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Are all the youth academy players, u17 and below, being released ? Read the academy coaches were away

Not official yet but it’s looking very likely.

lucky
16-06-2020, 11:47 AM
I don’t think the youth players will be released there just won’t be training taking place that’s why the coaches have been releaased

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 11:50 AM

A large part of that money was what we'd raised by selling Season Tickets, i.e. it's for normal running costs like players' wages. That sum then goes down every month as we pay our bills (after all, we're not Hearts).

I assume part of it was also used for player purchases (e.g. for Doidge), some stadium upgrades... and we'll have had to use more of our cash reserves than was expected due to missing out on income from curtailing the season.

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 11:51 AM

Are we not looking at making signings?

Mikey
16-06-2020, 11:53 AM

It's been explained to you several times on the PM board. You're probably just going to have to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to understand it.

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 11:58 AM
It's been explained to you several times on the PM board. You're probably just going to have to come to terms with the fact that you're not going to understand it.

To be fair, he’d regularly wet the bed during transfer windows in normal times so this is just par for the course. It’s going to be another long window 🙄

Heisenberg
16-06-2020, 10:05 PM
https://bit.ly/3fvjx6v

This article seems a bit of a mess. On one hand the players are raging and might want out but on the other they are sympathetic and willing to help.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:17 PM

This article seems a bit of a mess. On one hand the players are raging and might want out but on the other they are sympathetic and willing to help.

Must have started interview with Harvey Dent and finished it with Two-Face? :dunno:

Lago
16-06-2020, 10:20 PM

I think certain players will be asking their agents to have a look around for alternative clubs.

green day
16-06-2020, 10:23 PM
I think certain players will be asking their agents to have a look around for alternative clubs.

Which clubs will have the cash to pay players though?

bingo70
16-06-2020, 10:24 PM

That’s fine with me.

If we’re cutting wages as we’re skint we need to be generating whatever we can through player sales.

Entirely reasonable for the club and players to want that.

Callum_62
16-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Interesting development

Not shocked although will be if other clubs arnt doing the same

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
16-06-2020, 10:31 PM
That’s fine with me.

If we’re cutting wages as we’re skint we need to be generating whatever we can through player sales.

Entirely reasonable for the club and players to want that.
Will it not be the case that players will be able to leave for nothing if we cut their wages?

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:32 PM

Possibly poor of me but I think we can be very competitive on the pitch paying player wages befitting of the current situation. If some of our high earners leave then so be it. Let’s not forget how average we were last season while paying quite a bit for our squad. Players have right to protect their livelihoods but they best get some advice on the general landscape of football. Selfish agents probably aren’t the best people to seek advice from in this regard...

Can’t be sentimental here when it comes to players. We need to think of club more than anything. Players come and go, we need to ensure club remains.

green day
16-06-2020, 10:35 PM
Will it not be the case that players will be able to leave for nothing if we cut their wages?

If we impose, perhaps.

But they will be asked to lengthen contracts on lower salaries instead.

Some may prefer to be sold - kamberi, Boyle perhaps?

It will all work out in the end.

bingo70
16-06-2020, 10:42 PM

Don’t see good players leaving for nothing during administration for clubs so it must be avoidable.

No way we would lose say a £2m asset for the sake of trying to save a matter of hundred of pounds a week on that player

Andy74
16-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Possibly poor of me but I think we can be very competitive on the pitch paying player wages befitting of the current situation. If some of our high earners leave then so be it. Let’s not forget how average we were last season while paying quite a bit for our squad. Players have right to protect their livelihoods but they best get some advice on the general landscape of football. Selfish agents probably aren’t the best people to seek advice from in this regard...

Can’t be sentimental here when it comes to players. We need to think of club more than anything. Players come and go, we need to ensure club remains.

Yep, agree.

Wilson
16-06-2020, 10:43 PM
Must have started interview with Harvey Dent and finished it with Two-Face? :dunno:

Well, Kamberi IS allowed an opinion.

bingo70
16-06-2020, 10:46 PM
If we impose, perhaps.

Lower salaries but bigger bonuses perhaps? That way if we don’t bring other people in there’s less chance of the players achieving these bonuses.

Jack ross is going to have his work cut out this summer that’s for sure.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 10:54 PM
Apart from Boyle, Porteous, Kamberri and Doidge I think any other player not that happy would be allowed to walk.

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2020, 10:58 PM
Is it unreasonable to expect our owner to help in this time? I dunno.

I think Farmer definitely would do everything he could to help and I very much hope Ron does too.

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 11:01 PM

I think Farmer definitely would do everything he could to help and I very much hope Ron does too.

Again spot on.

FilipinoHibs
16-06-2020, 11:04 PM
We have to budget for our times. We will have projected a budget to June 2021. There is likely to be no match day income till then - no walk ups, no away fans and no other match day sales. There is also likely to be a fall off in season ticket sales - probably at least 2,000 on last season. We have TV money/prize money. Our outgoings are dominated by wages. Ron has rightly said we must prune the wages back to supporting the first team as well as cutting players wages. Do all this and we will minimise our monthly shortfall. Selling some players will help to. But I am sure some money will be diverted from other projects just to keep the club running. These are hard times and every business will be going through the sane decision making process. This is about surviving the worst economic recession since the 1930s great depression.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 11:04 PM

Maybe he has?
Maybe farmer would have reduced the terms of his loan to Hibs?

We don't know what Ron is or isn't doing. I'm sure he's on the working party that's been put together to get football played again in front of paying customers, maybe it's now further off than first thought

madhatter
16-06-2020, 11:06 PM

I think it became quite reasonable when we started talking about people losing jobs and livelihoods and fans trying to contribute monthly donations...think it becomes quite reasonable to expect owner to contribute to the survival of the company he owns. Especially when he took share issue off the table. Over to you Ron...

Obviously if he is already doing something then great!

MWHIBBIES
16-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Maybe he has?
Maybe farmer would have reduced the terms of his loan to Hibs?

We don't know what Ron is or isn't doing. I'm sure he's on the working party that's been put together to get football played again in front of paying customers, maybe it's now further off than first thought
Thing is, this is as difficult as it will get for Ron at Hibs. If he gets this wrong we'll be back to where we were in 2014 and it will all have been for nothing. This actually sounds really serious.

I would take an average season right now, all these wage cuts and talk of unhappy players has relegation battle written all over it. Our current squad is much to good for that but take out Boyle, Allan, Marciano and Doidge and were a very ordinary side.

HendoDelivered
16-06-2020, 11:25 PM
Seen this post on Facebook in reply to someone on one of the fans pages.

“Hi Derek, how's u? Hibs staff costs are just under £6.5m a year and total operating costs not far of £11.5m. Even if we sold 15k season tickets and they were all £400 each (no where near this on average) that would only be £6m and not even enough to cover wages. Without fans going to games, buying merch, hospitality, etc it’s tough times ahead.”

No idea how they knows these exact figures but thought it would be worth posting on here.

Col2
16-06-2020, 11:30 PM
While the club deserve credit for the way they have handled the player deferrals, the timing and PR around the last couple of days has been very poor.

The club have said little recently (we didn’t even know when they were back to training until yesterday) and the timing of yesterday announcement felt like delivering bad news (hidden) right after reconstruction outcome.

The fact that they hadn’t spoke to the players and staff before the announcement (assuming that true) is crap. It reads as an ultimatum and warning to the staff.

I get that we have some challanging outlook financially but it really pisses me off that our only income source appears to be from season tickets and tv distribution money to make up the 50% of turnover.

Yet here we are trying to promote HSL(who do these best) on a shoestring and the most basic comms approach. We have had months to be more creative on this.

IF we sell Boyle and Allan and Doidge along with Kamberi and rocky we are screwed.

The whole thing reads like - we are lucky we have significant cash deposits but Ron wants his cash back thank you very much and while I have no issue with that surely there is a little more ambition from our new owner than to totally downgrade the club?

lord bunberry
16-06-2020, 11:41 PM
Don’t see good players leaving for nothing during administration for clubs so it must be avoidable.

No way we would lose say a £2m asset for the sake of trying to save a matter of hundred of pounds a week on that player
That might also cause problems. If a player is worth money and we don’t cut their wages the other players will be annoyed about that. The whole thing is going to open a can of worms that might not end well. The owner needs to step up and put his money where his mouth is.

lord bunberry
16-06-2020, 11:42 PM
If we impose, perhaps.

I hope so mate.

matty_f
17-06-2020, 12:00 AM
That might also cause problems. If a player is worth money and we don’t cut their wages the other players will be annoyed about that. The whole thing is going to open a can of worms that might not end well. The owner needs to step up and put his money where his mouth is.

I suppose the owner's ability to do that will depend on the nick of his other businesses as well, and whether he's in a position to prop them all up (if needed) personally.

I think if we were his only concern,u expectation would be that he sees us right, but I think he has a number of businesses and without knowing how they're all doing, it might be that he needs us to cut our cloth in the meantime.

Waxy
17-06-2020, 06:23 AM
Apart from Boyle, Porteous, Kamberri and Doidge I think any other player not that happy would be allowed to walk.

No much point in walking when all the other clubs are doing the same.

FilipinoHibs
17-06-2020, 06:24 AM
Seen this post on Facebook in reply to someone on one of the fans pages.

“Hi Derek, how's u? Hibs staff costs are just under £6.5m a year and total operating costs not far of £11.5m. Even if we sold 15k season tickets and they were all £400 each (no where near this on average) that would only be £6m and not even enough to cover wages. Without fans going to games, buying merch, hospitality, etc it’s tough times ahead.”

No idea how they knows these exact figures but thought it would be worth posting on here.

Last accounts turnover £10.8m, staff costs £6.3m. Operating loss £0.7 m. Operating costs then £11.5 million. Transfer fees of £2.8m saved us. This year season ticket sakes so far £3.4 million and SPFL prize money £1.4m. We have a huge shortfall. We may get more season ticket sales say plus £1m and say another £0.5m from merchandising. Matchday income unlikely this coming season. We would have a £4.5 million shortfall. Need to prune back operations to the core and reduce wages to survive. Transfers will help a little. We need McGinn to Man U.

Brightside
17-06-2020, 06:34 AM
While the club deserve credit for the way they have handled the player deferrals, the timing and PR around the last couple of days has been very poor.

The club have said little recently (we didn’t even know when they were back to training until yesterday) and the timing of yesterday announcement felt like delivering bad news (hidden) right after reconstruction outcome.

The fact that they hadn’t spoke to the players and staff before the announcement (assuming that true) is crap. It reads as an ultimatum and warning to the staff.

I get that we have some challanging outlook financially but it really pisses me off that our only income source appears to be from season tickets and tv distribution money to make up the 50% of turnover.

Yet here we are trying to promote HSL(who do these best) on a shoestring and the most basic comms approach. We have had months to be more creative on this.

IF we sell Boyle and Allan and Doidge along with Kamberi and rocky we are screwed.

The whole thing reads like - we are lucky we have significant cash deposits but Ron wants his cash back thank you very much and while I have no issue with that surely there is a little more ambition from our new owner than to totally downgrade the club?

Players and staff were spoken to prior to it appearing in the press. The press report didn’t come from Hibs direct.

grunt
17-06-2020, 06:47 AM
The fact that they hadn’t spoke to the players and staff before the announcement (assuming that true) is crap. It reads as an ultimatum and warning to the staff.Do you really think this is what the club did? Really? Jeez.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2020, 07:07 AM
No much point in walking when all the other clubs are doing the same.

Yes, and Hibs and the players know that. I think an agreement will be found. I also think Kamberri and Boyle will be sold and we will make new signings, with the new players having to fit into the new pay structure.

Brightside
17-06-2020, 07:12 AM
I wonder which player has been feeding the details to the Record journo.

Peevemor
17-06-2020, 07:16 AM

It could be someone that's been let go, ot even one of their wives.

Hibeesmad
17-06-2020, 07:18 AM
It could be someone that's been let go, ot even one of their wives.

Agents probably at it.

JimBHibees
17-06-2020, 07:21 AM

Would depend entirely what the contract said.

lord bunberry
17-06-2020, 09:38 AM
I suppose the owner's ability to do that will depend on the nick of his other businesses as well, and whether he's in a position to prop them all up (if needed) personally.

I think if we were his only concern,u expectation would be that he sees us right, but I think he has a number of businesses and without knowing how they're all doing, it might be that he needs us to cut our cloth in the meantime.
It’s all a bit of an unknown at this point, but selfishly I’m only interested in hibs. He’s bought a football team and that means he’s got to be prepared to put money into it at time’s of trouble.

Heisenberg
17-06-2020, 09:43 AM

I actually thought it might’ve been one of the coaches that have been let go.

Lago
17-06-2020, 11:04 AM
I actually thought it might’ve been one of the coaches that have been let go.
But Hibs should have been on the front foot, no way we're they going to keep this news secret, so the club statement should have addressed all the issues. We have gone from big screen TVs & ribbon advertising & able to reject shirt sponsorship to a bit of a bunker scenario. As yet I've no other club, apart from Hearts, appear to be going down this road in fact most appear to be recruiting, with Dundee Utd's American owner more willing than ours to "pony up". I suppose it's all about survival but I'm bracing myself for a season of mid table mediocrity.