PDA

View Full Version : Now is the time to support hibs

Pages : [1] 2

berwickhibee
15-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Edinburgh's premier club.

Let's all do our bit and drive our club forward.

Let's concentrate our energy on us.

I'm going to buy extra half time draw tickets as a small extra way of showing support.

Let's all do a little if you can afford it, never been a better time. 💚

Pretty Green
15-06-2020, 01:04 PM
Best way to do this is HSL if you can afford it, new subscribers or increased contributions can only help drive the club forward:flag:

berwickhibee
15-06-2020, 01:07 PM
Best way to do this is HSL if you can afford it, new subscribers or increased contributions can only help drive the club forward:flag:

Already do bud👍💚

H18 SFR
15-06-2020, 01:08 PM
I see we are asking the player to take wage cuts, looks like we are needed more than ever to do our bit.

Lee Marvin
15-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Season ticket renewed 10 mins ago

GGTTH :hibees

B.H.F.C
15-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Season ticket renewed 10 mins ago

GGTTH :hibees

Hopefully more will do the same on the back of the league clarification today. It’s a lot to ask when people don’t know if they can actually use the season ticket, of course.

we are hibs
15-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Ill be renewing my ST before the July deadline along with 4 others.

CraigHibee
15-06-2020, 01:17 PM

I'm going to buy extra half time draw tickets as a small extra way of showing support.

100% i don't normally buy tickets for the draw but i will, every little helps

Juniper Greens
15-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Looks like we need to the support too! Get season tickets purchased if you can afford it
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-make-player-wage-request-22194899

lugz
15-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Interesting that the 2 rags decided now is a good time to release these stories, something that if true has been on the table for weeks/months now. 8k+ season tickets and the most popular kit in the clubs history, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Sammy7nil
15-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Looks like we need to the support too! Get season tickets purchased if you can afford it
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-make-player-wage-request-22194899

As usual the wording is great "Wage Packets Slashed" yet nothing has been agreed or confirmed.

It could have been a positive spin Hibs paid staff in full now trying to agree a negotiated reduction to help everyone involved. Much easier to spin a negative story though.

It probably would have been better if Hibs had demanded players take an immediate wage cut or face the sack. :confused:

Lee Marvin
15-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Interesting that the 2 rags decided now is a good time to release these stories, something that if true has been on the table for weeks/months now. 8k+ season tickets and the most popular kit in the clubs history, I'm sure we'll be fine.

I think the exact opposite. To me it is Hibs who have chosen to release this news today due to the surrounding chaos - barely anyone will see this and/or care.

Brilliant governance from our chief exec again.

Berwickhibby
15-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Season ticket already renewed and I am waiting for the club to confirm which player's kit I can sponsor next season GGTTH :flag:

hibbydad
15-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Now is the time for us to step up to the plate and support HSL. Lets show the **** we can do as well as them

hulk
15-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Totally agree. Time to try and push on with the Hertz being down. Money is tight but players are available and we don’t want to lose out on some potential good signings. Whatever anyone can Afford to do now they should.

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 01:52 PM
I think it was inevitable that we would have to ask the players, unfortunately.

The wage deferrals were a sensible move until it became apparent that there will be no fans at games for some time.

This is the next step, essential in reality.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2020, 01:55 PM

They have released it now because Hibs wanted it out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garymcl
15-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Totally agree please all hibbys do what you can to help our club whether it be renewal/buying season tickets purchasing new shirt joining Hsl anything let’s not get complacent because the wee team from gorgie are in such disarray let’s give our manager all the help to get decent signings for the new season Ggtth :flag:

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Hopefully more will do the same on the back of the league clarification today. It’s a lot to ask when people don’t know if they can actually use the season ticket, of course.

:agree:

Clearly the financial situation is going to affect all clubs and hopefully those that can afford it will try to support the club financially in this way.

I think we were on about 8,000 but maybe with clarity on the form the season's going to take, that could increase a bit.

aljo7-0
15-06-2020, 02:12 PM
I've renewed me and my daughter's tickets now. Every wee bit and all that .....

A Hi-Bee
15-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Now is the time for us to step up to the plate and support HSL. Lets show the **** we can do as well as them

Just reinvested after stoping for a wee while, but now is the time if anyone can afford to, now for the season tickets to be done before the weekend.
:thumbsup:

Since452
15-06-2020, 02:16 PM
I'll be spending more on Hibs than previously. Happy to do what I can to help. I had stopped HSL payments but will start again.

Garymcl
15-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Now is the time to really rub their noses in it there’s been times in the past when it’s been pretty bad for us hibbys but for me what made it even worse normally they would be on a roll and the stick you would have to take would be relentless let’s get right behind our club and keep us the#1 club in the city if nothing else best to do that is to keep purchasing season tickets if possible :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
15-06-2020, 02:27 PM
If you can afford a little join HSL https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

Daniel 1875
15-06-2020, 03:01 PM

Although there are now no shares available to buy HSL is still the easiest way to support the club financially on top of merchandise, tickets, Hibs TV etc.

It would be great to see some more Hibees get on board if personal circumstances allow - let's use next season to pull away while the Jambos are languishing in the Championship and using their cash to pay for legal fees.

Irish_Steve
15-06-2020, 03:04 PM

I will donate later, right now, I`m on Brokeback, winding the maroon balloons up and pissing myself laughing.

Glad I renewed two season tickets in the Executive Area of the FF Upper

RoxburghHibs
15-06-2020, 03:37 PM

Just joined @ £10 a month.

This is exactly the time to join and back Hibs :flag:

SquashedFrogg
15-06-2020, 03:49 PM

Done. Might want to update the statement from Jackie McNamara Snr though. A wee typo and slightly outdated.

A proper push with this could hopefully see a big increase in numbers.

hibbydad
15-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Done. Might want to update the statement from Jackie McNamara Snr though. A wee typo and slightly outdated.

A proper push with this could hopefully see a big increase in numbers.
I couldn't agree more Squashed Frog

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 03:59 PM
Brilliant folks :aok:

I started paying 3 years ago, a small amount each month is within a lot of people’s reach.

If we could even add 1000 extra fans paying £10, another £120k over the year, in addition to what is already being paid, would help enormously.

I’ll even let youse see my name on the 3rd strip. :cb

Edit : HSL should do an all out publicity drive in the wake of this. Some might call it tasteless, at the current time, but not me.

hibbydad
15-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Brilliant folks :aok:

I started paying 3 years ago, a small amount each month is within a lot of people’s reach.

If we could even add 1000 extra fans paying £10, another £120k over the year, in addition to what is already being paid, would help enormously.

I’ll even let youse see my name on the 3rd strip. :cb

Edit : HSL should do an all out publicity drive in the wake of this. Some might call it tasteless, at the current time, but not me.
Edit I totally agree with you

Daniel 1875
15-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Hopefully a time to turn the tide on the bad feeling etc around HSL. With the shares unavailable for the foreseeable future any ambiguity is out the window, anything donated via HSL will go straight to the club and in turn will help us kick on next season and beyond.

MartinfaePorty
15-06-2020, 04:38 PM
I'm lucky, in that I've been able to buy a season ticket, kept my Hibs TV subscription payments going and a small monthly HSL donation. I'll see if I can go halfers with my brother on a player's boots sponsorship, if he's up for it. The least I can do to help the team I love.

madhatter
15-06-2020, 04:52 PM
ST renewed and extra donation made to HSL...wasn't expecting this news tbh - I knew things would be bad but strange with Ron Gordon coming in. Pretty worrying considering we had plans for big screen etc. before all this hit. So we must have had roughly £1million ready to spend on that so burning through that even with wage deferrals etc. is quite concerning indeed.

green day
15-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Just renewed my ST today, didnt have the cash before but my work has taken a wee upturn last couple of weeks - no real prospect of getting to see it live for a while, but the club needs the cash and tbh I just want us to be going this time next year.

Stuart93
15-06-2020, 05:20 PM
I’m hoping everyone who was waiting to see the outcome of reconstruction will go ahead and buy a ST if they can afford to. The clubs needing as much help as it can get by the sounds of it.

GreenCastle
15-06-2020, 05:24 PM

Is it either me or the website needs updated ?

If people are parting with money they need to be 100% certain they know where it’s going.

Maybe a graphic with the process of where donated money would help.

I know friends who need to know more clear information about the process.

I personally thought a rebrand and fresh start would be the way forward if a clear and concise promotion / campaign to raise more funds would hopefully boost more new donations.

CB_NO3
15-06-2020, 05:35 PM
I am interested but would like to no how often the money gets handed over and so on?

I could just keep buying happy Hibby tickets each month.

GonzoReturns
15-06-2020, 05:55 PM

Just signed up £10 a month.

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 06:01 PM
I am interested but would like to no how often the money gets handed over and so on?

I could just keep buying happy Hibby tickets each month.

I think it gets handed over every few months. The members got and email last week saying that £120k had been just handed over, expect that might be about 6 months worth of contributions.

Buying Happy Hibby tickets are great and all that, but remember for every £1 you spend on them,only half goes to the club.

It’s really easy to sign up for HSL.

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 06:02 PM
I think it gets handed over every few months. The members got and email last week saying that £120k had been just handed over, expect that might be about 6 months worth of contributions.

Buying Happy Hibby tickets are great and all that, but remember for every £1 you spend on them,only half goes to the club.

It’s really easy to sign up for HSL.

Where does the rest of the HH money go?

Lee Marvin
15-06-2020, 06:03 PM
I’m hoping everyone who was waiting to see the outcome of reconstruction will go ahead and buy a ST if they can afford to. The clubs needing as much help as it can get by the sounds of it.

I was in this category and renewed earlier today. Will happily continue my modest HSL contribution too

wallpaperman
15-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Where does the rest of the HH money go?

Is it not 50% to the club and 50% paid out as a cash prize?

offshorehibby
15-06-2020, 06:08 PM
Hibernian Supporters Update
I write today to give a brief update on things during this unprecedented period.

We are delighted to note that despite the difficult circumstances, our Members have continued to make generous donations. As many will recall in our communication in January we made it clear that all donations made after that date would simply be passed on to the Club. I am delighted to confirm that since the takeover last year our Members have donated the total of £125,977.39 to the Club to help out during this difficult period. On behalf of all of your Directors we wish to say a huge thank you to all of our donators who have and continue to donate to the cause. For the moment, all money donated to Hibernian Supporters will be passed to the Club to do just that, support our Club.

Please feel free to pass this email on to any other supporter who may wish to help and is in a position to do so. Please remind them that this is not about shares at the moment and that any donation made to us will be passed to the Club. Indeed, donators do not even have to pursue Membership of Hibernian Supporters and can simply tick a box to indicate donation only. Please go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

You have not heard from us recently as we wanted to respect everyone’s desire to concentrate on much more important matters however we will be writing again shortly about the 3rd strip. Once again, thank you so much for your generosity.

James Adie
Chairman

Stuart93
15-06-2020, 06:08 PM
I was in this category and renewed earlier today. Will happily continue my modest HSL contribution too

Good stuff mate 👍🏼

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Is it not 50% to the club and 50% paid out as a cash prize?

I get what you mean, thought some of it was going elsewhere

Sir David Gray
15-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Anyone else unable to view pages 2 and 3 of this thread?

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Anyone else unable to view pages 2 and 3 of this thread?

There isn’t a page 3, but when I click on it, always takes you to the 1st post

18Craig75
15-06-2020, 07:27 PM
It still seems like the people behind HSL are asleep behind the wheel.

I think a new scheme with a clear mandate and not muddied by events of the past is called for. Could see a massive upsurge in donations when the club needs them most.

matty_f
15-06-2020, 07:28 PM

Same here.

hibee_girl
15-06-2020, 07:28 PM

I’ve taken the emoji out of the thread title so it should be fine now.

matty_f
15-06-2020, 07:29 PM

That's sorted it.

Billy Whizz
15-06-2020, 07:32 PM
That's sorted it.

Me too, thanks

hhibs
15-06-2020, 07:38 PM

I think a new scheme with a clear mandate and not muddied by events of the past is called for. Could see a massive upsurge in donations when the club needs them most.

Agreed,now is the time.

Golden Bear
15-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Agreed,now is the time.

Also agreed.👍

JohnM1875
15-06-2020, 07:40 PM

100% agree.

offshorehibby
15-06-2020, 07:43 PM

We've got a perfectly good scheme in HSL without starting up another scheme to do the exact same thing. Justgiving, money is was ted on fees, an AberDNA type scheme incurs VAT payments, again all monies paid does not go to the team HSL all monies go directly to Hibs

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

The other alternative is Leith Links https://leithlinks4kids.com/

madhatter
15-06-2020, 07:45 PM

Think most would agree. However, lets bear in mind that it is voluntary work. Similar to the 15% seeking refunds, we are discussing things we do not know the full details on.

I have been critical of HSL as well, and yes, I think they'd admit their wrongdoings most of the time. However, the other side of it is more of us could volunteer to help them. I'm guilty of criticising and not helping out beyond giving monthly donation.

GreensesArab
15-06-2020, 07:51 PM

A well timed post Berwickhibee! Let's keep drip feeding cash into the club. Hopefully the good news today might push our ST sales up a bit.

Blaster
15-06-2020, 08:01 PM
We've got a perfectly good scheme in HSL without starting up another scheme to do the exact same thing. Justgiving, money is was ted on fees, an AberDNA type scheme incurs VAT payments, again all monies paid does not go to the team HSL all monies go directly to Hibs

I agree but be good to hear from them with some short term targets

Eg try and get 100 new contributors @ £10 per month or try and get £5000 in single donations by the end of June

Or both 😀

GreenCastle
15-06-2020, 08:09 PM

Agreed - it just seems enough folk aren’t fully getting behind it.

A better name and more updated and clear info would see a surge in donations.

I’ve even met fans who have never heard of it. Which clearly shows it needs more marketing.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Ah right strange, there is for me? :confused:

Assuming there must be an option to view more or less posts per page or maybe dependent on the device?

That's sorted it.

Me too, thanks

Yes me three.

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2020, 08:17 PM
i'l start re-donating again if HSL reintroduce the paypal option, it's the 21st century after all, i even offered to pay the extra quid for the paypal fee

No paypal,No donation i'm afraid :( over to you jim

18Craig75
15-06-2020, 08:18 PM

I used to be a donor, stopped just short of reaching the share amount. Massive respect to the guys that volunteer to run it and put their personal time in to it.

It’s just clear to me that there’s a sizeable amount of people that aren’t really sure what it’s for, haven’t heard of it or (to a lesser degree) don’t trust it. There also doesn’t seem to be much help (if any) from the club these days.

As another poster has said it’s easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise which I’m also guilty off. I don’t know, since Ron made it clear he wasn’t for diluting his share holding I feel it’s put HSL in no mans land.

Maybe they could even re-brand. A catchier name, better marketing, targeted campaigns.

hibbydad
15-06-2020, 08:44 PM
I used to be a donor, stopped just short of reaching the share amount. Massive respect to the guys that volunteer to run it and put their personal time in to it.

It’s just clear to me that there’s a sizeable amount of people that aren’t really sure what it’s for, haven’t heard of it or (to a lesser degree) don’t trust it. There also doesn’t seem to be much help (if any) from the club these days.

As another poster has said it’s easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise which I’m also guilty off. I don’t know, since Ron made it clear he wasn’t for diluting his share holding I feel it’s put HSL in no mans land.

Maybe they could even re-brand. A catchier name, better marketing, targeted campaigns.
Surely this is not the time to squabling about names and branding. Our club is in a dire situation and HSL for anyone who can afford it is a means to help our club in it's time of need

18Craig75
15-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Surely this is not the time to squabling about names and branding. Our club is in a dire situation and HSL for anyone who can afford it is a means to help our club in it's time of need

Who’s squabbling over names? I’m just suggesting some ideas that would, in my opinion, help re-capture the imagination of far more potential donors, in turn making the club more money.

I mean it still says on their website that the aim is to purchase shares from the club, which isn’t the case.

matty_f
16-06-2020, 12:57 AM

Both great causes.

I'd love to see HSL front and centre here - this is a really easy way to get money into the club.

MacGruber
16-06-2020, 06:32 AM
FOH and HSL have never been comparable as supporter initiatives.

FOH - invest or die

HSL - invest if you fancy otherwise we're fine

FOH was always going to have much bigger numbers on that basis (even though the fan ownership was to be in 2 years which was about 8 years ago)

Circumstance aside, what also isn't comparable is the monies involved.

Now, whilst not our extinction as such, we are in a very tough situation for the club. The time for driving HSL forward is now. Not seeing much about it though. No push, no additional marketing. Please, that's no dig at the guys involved just an observation that this could be an opportunity bourne out of adversity.

What those Gimps over on kickback do well is they use any adversity and their weird sense of perceived injustices to beat their FOH drum. Regardless of money involved they beat it harder than we do ours for HSL. There's been good reason for that in the past but now is the time for more of us to join in. We are 2 clubs of similar size, they only have a few hundred less season ticket holders than we do for instance.

Hold the hand up and admit to having a look on Kickback for giggles with them being relegated
Good fun - but notice they pedal FOH more through their forum. For a start they have pinned FOH threads at the top of the page.

I'm joining HSL now. It never overly bothered me before but I'm in. If you can please join, if not then no worries, it's personal decision for everyone

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 06:42 AM
i'l start re-donating again if HSL reintroduce the paypal option, it's the 21st century after all, i even offered to pay the extra quid for the paypal fee

No paypal,No donation i'm afraid :( over to you jim

From the point of view of the person paying, I’m struggling to see the real difference between the direct debit that Go Cardless process from your bank account each month and a paypal payment that will be funded either by a debit/credit card, and ultimately the same bank account that your DD would come off?

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 06:44 AM

FOH - invest or die

FOH was always going to have much bigger numbers on that basis (even though the fan ownership was to be in 2 years which was about 8 years ago)

Now, whilst not our extinction as such, we are in a very tough situation for the club. The time for driving HSL forward is now. Not seeing much about it though. No push, no additional marketing. Please, that's no dig at the guys involved just an observation that this could be an opportunity bourne out of adversity.

What those Gimps over on kickback do well is they use any adversity and their weird sense of perceived injustices to beat their FOH drum. Regardless of money involved they beat it harder than we do ours for HSL. There's been good reason for that in the past but now is the time for more of us to join in. We are 2 clubs of similar size, they only have a few hundred less season ticket holders than we do for instance.

Hold the hand up and admit to having a look on Kickback for giggles with them being relegated
Good fun - but notice they pedal FOH more through their forum. For a start they have pinned FOH threads at the top of the page.

I'm joining HSL now. It never overly bothered me before but I'm in. If you can please join, if not then no worries, it's personal decision for everyone

Great post, couldn’t have put it better myself.

Even now when Hearts fans should be seriously questioning the total mismanagement of their club, many fans seem to be desperate to chuck even more money at FOH.

Pagan Hibernia
16-06-2020, 06:48 AM
I’ll be restarting my HSL monthly contributions this week.

its time to dig in and get our club out of this. We've survived and come through far too much adversity in the last 145 years to be undone by this pandemic.

As the second largest shareholder in HFC, HSL needs to do its bit. I hope the majority shareholder does likewise.

Pagan Hibernia
16-06-2020, 06:53 AM
Great post, couldn’t have put it better myself.

Even now when Hearts fans should be seriously questioning the total mismanagement of their club, many fans seem to be desperate to chuck even more money at FOH.

yep, the old pack mentality and tribal sense of injustice that you get in football.

really I commend their financial support for their club but there seems to be complete and utter denial about how much money hearts have wasted, the disastrous decisions that have put them where they are, the fact they’ve been the worst team in the top flight since the autumn of 2018 (which is why their relegation, whilst unlucky, is not really that unjust) ....they’ll just continue to throw good money after bad and watch HMFC pish it against a wall

bingo70
16-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Both great causes.

I'd love to see HSL front and centre here - this is a really easy way to get money into the club.

I agree and I will be joining up to make a donation today.

It’s a shame the HSL website is so out of date though, with people contributing a significant sum and people like me looking to get started, not really any excuse for it to be plastered all over the main page that the aim is to buy shares if that isn’t the case. I had actually thought the whole thing had been mothballed when we couldn’t buy shares any more (I know, my fault for not paying enough attention), a quick look at the website would have confirmed that opinion if people on here had t kept me right.

Appreciate it’s volunteers but hopefully this situation is used as a catalyst to get things like that tidied up a bit

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 07:23 AM
I have paid into HSL since the start but I tend to agree its website could do with a total face-lift.

Wondering if anybody on here has the skills to do this?? Any nominations😁👍

Leitherhibs
16-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Despite the poor quality website, and mixed messaging, I've joined Hibernian Supporters/HSL for the first time today, inspired by messages on here and fans on twitter. I'm in a fortunate place that I can afford to contribute just now, and will continue to do so for as long as it's financially viable.

'Mon the Hibs! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 07:38 AM
I haven’t paid into HSL for a long time. They badly need marketing help. It’s a great scheme but it should be doing a lot better than it is. Without the change in the way it’s marketed then it will continue to just plod along, doing some good work but massively under achieving.
And we’ll keep hearing people make excuses about why FOH bring in more money. All non core staff at Easter road are being made redundant. We are in trouble right now. We have just as big a reason to sign up for HSL as any Jambe signing up for FOH but will HSL be able to get that message out there?
They need volunteers that know about marketing to help them otherwise it will be more of the same.

BT58
16-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Im reading this through the mobile site, ive been a member of HSL for a few years now, my question is can you up your payment per month to any figure or only what they have on their webpage ??. I couldnt see where i could increase my contributions, only for those wanting to join.
B

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 07:46 AM
Im reading this through the mobile site, ive been a member of HSL for a few years now, my question is can you up your payment per month to any figure or only what they have on their webpage ??. I couldnt see where i could increase my contributions, only for those wanting to join.
B

If you log in to your account (little door icon in the top right on the mobile site) and scroll down there should be two options: ‘Make a one off payment’ or ‘Update monthly donation’, the update donation option let’s you choose amounts from £7.73 per month up to £100.

Chuck Rhoades
16-06-2020, 07:58 AM

FOH - invest or die

I agree with the opening, but things have moved on. FOH continues to out punch HSL by what, 8 fold?

HSL cocked up by ceasing original DD payments after month 12. It killed it there and then.

I still feel a revamped model would bring freshness and entice more to contribute even if it’s mainly rebadging the structure there.

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Despite the poor quality website, and mixed messaging, I've joined Hibernian Supporters/HSL for the first time today, inspired by messages on here and fans on twitter. I'm in a fortunate place that I can afford to contribute just now, and will continue to do so for as long as it's financially viable.

'Mon the Hibs! :greengrin

Excellent, hopefully the message can get out there to more and more people.

Although a member of HSL I’ve not looked at the website for a while so cringed a little when I read that it appears to be out of date with what the current aims are.

Yes, it could do with a severe updating and relaunch, but hope people don’t use that as another excuse not to join up.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I also have to admit to being only vaguely aware of what HSL was and looking at the website, it does need a spruce up if you ask me but then again, it`s volunteer`s manning it so kudos to them.

And if it was more prominently displayed around the ground or on the official website (this one too) then maybe more people would donate.

And as someone earlier pointed out, you can`t really compare it with FOH but imagine we had a fraction of the money they had blown, we certainly wouldn`t be facing life in the Championship!

Greenworld
16-06-2020, 08:13 AM
Hopefully more will do the same on the back of the league clarification today. It’s a lot to ask when people don’t know if they can actually use the season ticket, of course.We need to look at it as a donation this season , Hibs.net can help drive this

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

CB_NO3
16-06-2020, 08:21 AM
100% needs to be revisited and their intentions need to be clear. We normally take about 1200 on average to away games. I am sure a huge percentage of that 1200 would donate their away ticket money to the club every 2nd or 3rd Saturday. People will still save money on drink and travel and so on.

I know everyone is not in the position to do that but a lot of people are still getting full salaries.

Waxy
16-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Just my opinion but HSL could do with a rebranding.
Its just three letters. It could do with being something that says alot more.Just my opinion, i’m probably wrong.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:22 AM
There surely must be a Hibby out there who knows marketing that can volunteer to help these guys?
Or maybe the club help them a bit by getting the marketing staff (assuming any left) to help them? It may be the best use of their time anyway as far as bringing money into the club.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Its just three letters. It could do with being something that says alot more.Just my opinion, i’m probably wrong.

They have actually already done that. It’s now Hibernian Supporters. That kind of makes your point though.[emoji23]

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 08:24 AM
As a club we are in a dire financial situation in common with many businesses across the country. Now is not the time to start prevaricating about branding or methods of payment it is a time for action. Do we really want these jambos to think they can support their club in a time of need better than we can. If you can afford it please join me in supporting HSL support Hibs. Edit can Hibs.Net explain the urgency of this situationand promote HSL to our membership

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 08:25 AM
There surely must be a Hibby out there who knows marketing that can volunteer to help these guys?
Or maybe the club help them a bit by getting the marketing staff (assuming any left) to help them? It may be the best use of their time anyway as far as bringing money into the club.

Even a simple donation on the ticket website, rather than the NHS
I’d suggested this to Adie last year. You could make a donation to Hibernian community, but not HSL
Probably won’t go down well on here

hibee_girl
16-06-2020, 08:26 AM
As a club we are in a dire financial situation in common with many businesses across the country. Now is not the time to start prevaricating about branding or methods of payment it is a time for action. Do we really want these jambos to think they can support their club in a time of need better than we can. If you can afford it please join me in supporting HSL support Hibs. Edit can Hibs.Net explain the urgency of this situationand promote HSL to our membership

The admins are working on something :aok:

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 08:29 AM
Even a simple donation on the ticket website, rather than the NHS
I’d suggested this to Adie last year. You could make a donation to Hibernian community, but not HSL
Probably won’t go down well on here
I agree with you Billy but you would have to ensure that the donation goes to the club as opposed to the community foundation. I have written to Jim Adie this morning concerning the situation and wish others would do so also

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 08:34 AM

I just went on Twitter.

Typed in FOH and then HSL and only one came up. It wasn’t Hibs.

Whether folk like it or not it needs something more catchy to grab the imagination.

An outdated website will put folk off - small things but that’s the way folk are these days.

Especially when it involves money and trust. You need to make HSL trendy and more folk will get involved.

Plus get it out there more - better publicity.

Nothing against anyone involved currently or donated but just a bit of advice.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 08:35 AM
I just went on Twitter.

Typed in FOH and then HSL and only one came up. It wasn’t Hibs.

Whether folk like it or not it needs something more catchy to grab the imagination.

An outdated website will put folk off - small things but that’s the way folk are these days.

Especially when it involves money and trust. You need to make HSL trendy and more folk will get involved.

Plus get it out there more - better publicity.

Nothing against anyone involved currently or donated but just a bit of advice.

I also searched HSL in twitter and didn't find it

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 08:36 AM
I agree with you Billy but you would have to ensure that the donation goes to the club as opposed to the community foundation. I have written to Jim Adie this morning concerning the situation and wish others would do so also

Just needs a separate option on the site

chippy
16-06-2020, 08:41 AM

I supported HSL from start up and donated for 4/5 years. But I was seriously pissed off with RG and his refusal to continue selling some shares to HS. If that changes I’ll re start my funding. We will now see what he’s made of and how much he’ll back our club.

Hibs4185
16-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Personally I don’t think the fans should contribute unless it is matched by RG or we have an incentive. I’d love to own a business where the customers prop me
up when times are tough.

Various things would attract a continuation from me.

Taking HSL shareholding above 25%. (RG would have to sell or have a share issue, it’s only a few percent)
sell the pitch to the fans for £1 million or something.
£500k investment matched by fans.

I’m only using those as ideas but I don’t think we should contribute willy nilly without getting something back.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Personally I don’t think the fans should contribute unless it is matched by RG or we have an incentive. I’d love to own a business where the customers prop me
up when times are tough.

Various things would attract a continuation from me.

Taking HSL shareholding above 25%. (RG would have to sell or have a share issue, it’s only a few percent)
sell the pitch to the fans for £1 million or something.
£500k investment matched by fans.

I’m only using those as ideas but I don’t think we should contribute willy nilly without getting something back.
What we are getting back is both the ongoing survival of our club and a reasonable team on the park. I too would like to see a rights issue and would certainly take up my rights but as I said earlier this is not a time for prevarication but a time for action

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 08:51 AM
I like the Aberdeen idea and benefits. Definitely something that seems to be more of a 2 way idea.

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/membership-options/

allezsauzee
16-06-2020, 09:09 AM
I think the biggest issue that HSL has had to date is that they haven't seemingly been able to communicate tangible benefits to donating. We'd be told how many shares HSL owns every so often but those numbers mean very little to people. I don't ever recall HSL stating specific items that the money was used for. In reality, it's doubtful that the club compartmentalised the donations to pay for specific items but if we were told that it was the equivalent of paying towards the salary of a first team player, training equipment, development of youngsters then people can visualise what they are paying into. Now that the donations are not buying shares the tangible benefits are even less apparent as there is no path to majority ownership by a fans group. Although I paid into HSL in the past, I'd now rather either spend the money in the club shop or pay for tickets for other people to donate over and above my ST.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 09:14 AM
I think the biggest issue that HSL has had to date is that they haven't seemingly been able to communicate tangible benefits to donating. We'd be told how many shares HSL owns every so often but those numbers mean very little to people. I don't ever recall HSL stating specific items that the money was used for. In reality, it's doubtful that the club compartmentalised the donations to pay for specific items but if we were told that it was the equivalent of paying towards the salary of a first team player, training equipment, development of youngsters then people can visualise what they are paying into. Now that the donations are not buying shares the tangible benefits are even less apparent as there is no path to majority ownership by a fans group. Although I paid into HSL in the past, I'd now rather either spend the money in the club shop or pay for tickets for other people to donate over and above my ST.
The tangible benefits are very basic it is helping our club to survive again more prevarication than facing up to the reality of the situation we are in

GonzoReturns
16-06-2020, 09:15 AM
We can’t influence who is in the squad, team selection nor the tactics nor how the players perform in the park. What we can do is try and ensure the management have as a good squad as possible. This season and possibly next season is going to be about survival. After all our laughing at Hearts how will we feel if we end up relegated next season or even worse. We weren’t in a good place in the league before Jack Ross came in but we still only finished the season in 7th place. Please not delude ourselves we could easily be down there next season. I never contributed to HSL up until yesterday. Yes I would like something in return but right now having my football team survive and compete in the top flight is all I want.

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 09:15 AM
At the end of the day HSL is a shareholder in the club, so it can’t/won’t just disappear or reinvent itself into something more closely aligned to AberDNA.

If Hibs want to create a reward scheme like Aberdeen/Rangers it needs to come from the club itself and it would sit separately from HSL. If fans were drawn to that instead of HSL, HSL would still exist as it holds 15% of the club’s shares collectively on behalf of everyone who paid £225 before RG’s takeover.

Since Ron Gordon’s takeover no shares have been available to buy which means HSL is a donation scheme for nothing tangible in return for the foreseeable future (until RG changes his mind or leaves).

For some the shares being unavailable now makes donating to HSL and the club more attractive and less complicated, for others donating money to a business for nothing in return is ludicrous.

What is for sure is that every penny donated via HSL goes straight to the club and will help immensely during the coming season and beyond.

Hopefully with a bit of a tweak to messaging and a few updates to the website donations will continue to grow going forward.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 09:17 AM
At the end of the day HSL is a shareholder in the club, so it can’t/won’t just disappear or reinvent itself into something more closely aligned to AberDNA.

If Hibs want to create a reward scheme like Aberdeen/Rangers it needs to come from the club itself and it would sit separately from HSL. If fans were drawn to that instead of HSL, HSL would still exist as it holds 15% of the club’s shares collectively on behalf of everyone who paid £225 before RG’s takeover.

Since Ron Gordon’s takeover no shares have been available to buy which means HSL is a donation scheme for nothing tangible in return for the foreseeable future (until RG changes his mind or leaves).

For some the shares being unavailable now makes donating to HSL and the club more attractive and less complicated, for others donating money to a business for nothing in return is ludicrous.

What is for sure is that every penny donated via HSL goes straight to the club and will help immensely during the coming season and beyond.

Hopefully with a bit of a tweak to messaging and a few updates to the website donations will continue to grow going forward.
Well said Gonzi

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 09:23 AM

Needs more than a tweak.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 09:27 AM
Needs more than a tweak.

Oz with all due respect we are beyond the position of discussing inadequate websites our club desperately needs our help now

Tom Hart RIP
16-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Just upped my payments by a few quid. It was easy although I had to type 'Hibernian Supporters Limited' into google to find the website.
Then put in email address and password and it was simple after that.
GGTTH

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 09:45 AM
Oz with all due respect we are beyond the position of discussing inadequate websites our club desperately needs our help now

I agree which is why the messaging needs upped. A lot of Hibs fans don’t even know about it.

bingo70
16-06-2020, 09:52 AM
I agree which is why the messaging needs upped. A lot of Hibs fans don’t even know about it.

Or think it stopped when we couldn’t buy shares any more.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 09:59 AM

I don`t mind it being a direct donation to the club, I`m not really looking to get anything back nor expect it. Does FOH give anything back to their fans other than letting them know that they have a stake in the club?

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 10:19 AM
I don`t mind it being a direct donation to the club, I`m not really looking to get anything back nor expect it. Does FOH give anything back to their fans other than letting them know that they have a stake in the club?

Hearts fans are donating to FoH knowing that at some point the money will be used to buy the club from Ann Budge. After that it's expected that a large majority of fans will continue to pay their monthly DDs to FoH, at which point they'll be donating funds directly to the club in the same way that Hibernian Supporters are doing with Hibs now.

FoH have done a few things for their contributors over the years (names on the kit, virtual ownership of a plot of land on the Tynecastle pitch, Q&A events at Tynie etc) all of which could be done by HSL - obviously the third kit has already been done/will be launched in September.

Keith_M
16-06-2020, 10:24 AM
I like the Aberdeen idea and benefits. Definitely something that seems to be more of a 2 way idea.

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/membership-options/

I was just about to post something similar. :aok:

We already have a Hibs Kids membership scheme and it might be an idea to see if we could introduce an Adult equivalent.

I'm sure there are supporters out there that might not think it worthwhile to have a Season Ticket but would still like to be associated with, and be supporting, their club in some other way.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Been in from the very beginning as I wanted the protective shareholding, nothing else. I stopped when that became unattainable but these are different times so have happily restarted.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

One Day
16-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Just increased mine :flag:

Pretty Green
16-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Personally I make a contribution as best I can to help the club. To me it seems lots of others just put blockers in the way but that is a personal choice.

Bronson
16-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Might gather some momentum if HSL set a fundraising target and we can see progress towards it with each donation (similar to gofundme etc). It's something I'd contribute to and would maybe get more attention as it's clear to see progress towards the target (as opposed to donating then hearing/seeing nothing again).

Just an idea. I know we'd ideally like regular contributions but I think people are more likely to give one-off donations than sign up to a direct debit.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Might gather some momentum if HSL set a fundraising target and we can see progress towards it with each donation (similar to gofundme etc). It's something I'd contribute to and would maybe get more attention as it's clear to see progress towards the target (as opposed to donating then hearing/seeing nothing again).

Just an idea. I know we'd ideally like regular contributions but I think people are more likely to give one-off donations than sign up to a direct debit.

I agree with this. Maybe need more people to help with HSL as well (including myself).

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Personally I make a contribution as best I can to help the club. To me it seems lots of others just put blockers in the way but that is a personal choice.
Pretty Green you are so right when you say about people putting blockers in the way

.Sean.
16-06-2020, 10:54 AM
I agree but be good to hear from them with some short term targets

Eg try and get 100 new contributors @ £10 per month or try and get £5000 in single donations by the end of June

Or both 😀
I think a big push asking for new contributors around the 10/20 quid mark would be pretty successful

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 10:59 AM

Oz I have wriitten to Jim Aidie this morning making this very point but in truth over the years in debates on this site people always made the excuse they would support HSL if the club got into dire straits well here we are in dire straits and we still get the same prevarication as before. It pains me to say so but that lot across the town have certainly shown us how to support their team

Stuart93
16-06-2020, 11:00 AM
I’m kind of sick hearing and talking about hearts now

All our focus has to be on hibs after that statement yesterday

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 11:02 AM
I’m kind of sick hearing and talking about hearts now

All our focus has to be on hibs after that statement yesterday
I agree Stuart but I feel people are not facing up to the situation the club is in

BT58
16-06-2020, 11:03 AM
If you log in to your account (little door icon in the top right on the mobile site) and scroll down there should be two options: ‘Make a one off payment’ or ‘Update monthly donation’, the update donation option let’s you choose amounts from £7.73 per month up to £100.
Thanks Daniel.

Stuart93
16-06-2020, 11:05 AM
I agree Stuart but I feel people are not facing up to the situation the club is in

Absolutely

We need people to give everything they can to the club

HSL donations, season tickets, the lot

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 11:06 AM
Absolutely

We need people to give everything they can to the club

HSL donations, season tickets, the lot
I could not agree more Stuart but there are a lot of others who do not see it that way

Blaster
16-06-2020, 11:08 AM
I think a big push asking for new contributors around the 10/20 quid mark would be pretty successful

Definitely Sean. I stopped my contribution last year when it was being suggested that some money would be kept back for future share purchase. I simply want my donation going fully to the football dept (which it would now)

Therefore I will restart mine shortly but would like it to be part of a big targeted push by HSL

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Hearts fans are donating to FoH knowing that at some point the money will be used to buy the club from Ann Budge. After that it's expected that a large majority of fans will continue to pay their monthly DDs to FoH, at which point they'll be donating funds directly to the club in the same way that Hibernian Supporters are doing with Hibs now.

FoH have done a few things for their contributors over the years (names on the kit, virtual ownership of a plot of land on the Tynecastle pitch, Q&A events at Tynie etc) all of which could be done by HSL - obviously the third kit has already been done/will be launched in September.

HSL took the choice at its inception to run with as little operational cost as manageable so Hibs got as a big a percentage of donations as possible. While that was an admirable approach what it resulted in is a basic scheme, poorly administered and lacking in the way of marketing and comms. It also means there isn’t any income set aside to give something back to the fans who have put in. So while Hibs may end up receiving a larger percentage of donations, the total amount donated is probably lower than what a well administered and marketed scheme could have brought in.

Now some will cite FOH being different in that it was launched at a time when Hearts survival was of the essence but that no longer stands up to scrutiny as their donations have stayed solid and they continue to increase the number of new pledgers 7/8 years down the line.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Oz I have wriitten to Jim Aidie this morning making this very point but in truth over the years in debates on this site people always made the excuse they would support HSL if the club got into dire straits well here we are in dire straits and we still get the same prevarication as before. It pains me to say so but that lot across the town have certainly shown us how to support their team

Not having that. They’ve reportedly received almost £9 million from benefactor group, that has nothing to do with collective fundraising. Media have done great job of raising profile of FOH, I remember HSL coverage was largely clouded by Ponzi scheme.

Why do fans need to shoulder the blame here? Club could’ve stood alongside HSL more, promoted it more, asked for more volunteers for HSL. It is almost a covert operation and I don’t know why.

hulk
16-06-2020, 11:15 AM
I also searched HSL in twitter and didn't find it
I believe their Twitter is @hfcsupporters

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters

RossScott1991
16-06-2020, 11:16 AM
If we have to come out of this with a weaker more youthful side then so be it, aslong as there is a hibs. Kamberi will be off the wage bill soon completely , if we can recruit a small fee then ideal. Gullan will get his chance.

As much as don’t want to. Hibs should look into selling Boyle relatively for a large fee. Not sure how long is left on his contract but it would be in the clubs best interests he’s probaly our most valuable asset atm on the park.

likes of Fraser Murray etc are going to just have to step up and use this situation as a blessing to make a name for themselves

matty_f
16-06-2020, 11:19 AM
What I'd love to see from Hibernian Supporters (as they're no longer HSL..)

- options to have monthly donations from as little as £2 or £3 pounds so that those on low incomes or struggling do not feel excluded from the messaging

- option to tier up monthly donations, so people can set an amount that they're comfortable with

- consistent messaging about where the money goes (IMHO the message has been clear, but from comments it does still look like there's confusion)

- be right on top of a campaign to support the club financially, be absolutely clear that they are taking donations to help fund the club during COVID 19 AND to support the stance the club took with reconstruction at the wishes of the fans

Hibernian Supporters is the easiest way to get money into the club in a meaningful way. It's cleaner than purchasing from the shop etc as there's no cost to consider for the club, it's all just income.

As a support, we have an opportunity to do something amazing for the club right now. Let's not miss it.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 11:29 AM

Cheers for that - I had never thought much about FOH (no reason to why) but I always thought the money raised went on new players, salaries etc. Instead, it`s just a piggy bank for when Budge sells up to them or have I read that wrong?

greenpaper55
16-06-2020, 11:31 AM
What I'd love to see from Hibernian Supporters (as they're no longer HSL..)

- options to have monthly donations from as little as £2 or £3 pounds so that those on low incomes or struggling do not feel excluded from the messaging

- option to tier up monthly donations, so people can set an amount that they're comfortable with

- consistent messaging about where the money goes (IMHO the message has been clear, but from comments it does still look like there's confusion)

- be right on top of a campaign to support the club financially, be absolutely clear that they are taking donations to help fund the club during COVID 19 AND to support the stance the club took with reconstruction at the wishes of the fans

Hibernian Supporters is the easiest way to get money into the club in a meaningful way. It's cleaner than purchasing from the shop etc as there's no cost to consider for the club, it's all just income.

As a support, we have an opportunity to do something amazing for the club right now. Let's not miss it.

That sounds like a good plan, how to get it started though ?

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 11:31 AM

No tweets for a couple of days?

malcolm
16-06-2020, 11:34 AM
I was just about to post something similar. :aok:

We already have a Hibs Kids membership scheme and it might be an idea to see if we could introduce an Adult equivalent.

I'm sure there are supporters out there that might not think it worthwhile to have a Season Ticket but would still like to be associated with, and be supporting, their club in some other way.

There might be room for a membership scheme but perhaps not now and it would take away from the support HSL gives. The problem with a scheme like the dons one is that for each contribution 20% disappears in VAT and then you need to deduct the cost of whatever is being given in return. HSL were hampered at the start by the deliberate ‘Ponzi’ campaign against it. It will still have an intention under its founding rules and principles to secure shares but for now it is the most straightforward way to contribute for those that can and wish to do so.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2020, 11:42 AM
I see we are asking the player to take wage cuts, looks like we are needed more than ever to do our bit.

I see it more as it was about time the players were asked to do their bit as the fans have already been doing their bit.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Not having that. They’ve reportedly received almost £9 million from benefactor group, that has nothing to do with collective fundraising. Media have done great job of raising profile of FOH, I remember HSL coverage was largely clouded by Ponzi scheme.

Why do fans need to shoulder the blame here? Club could’ve stood alongside HSL more, promoted it more, asked for more volunteers for HSL. It is almost a covert operation and I don’t know why.
I don't think you are right mad hatter I was speaking to someone heavily involved in the HSA who knows someone involved in foh and they were getting a MILLION AND A QUARTER per year from normal supporters Matty I completely agree with you

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 11:52 AM

As Ozy said how can we not have tweets after yesterday’s news for example.

These are basics for trying to get more donations.

You log onto FOH page and straight away there is a running total of amount pledged.

I know it must be frustrating as lots of time and energy has gone into HSL / Hibernian Supporters but even at this time in need a rebrand and proper support from the club would give it a serious boost.

Don’t need to reinvent the wheel but folk need to realise that it’s no where near hitting the potential it should be and won’t do that in its current format.

Chorley Hibee
16-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Renewed season ticket today, but gravely concerned by the news coming from ER about these cuts etc.

If we think a side potentially minus Boyle, Kamberi, McNulty, Omeonga, Docherty, Naismith and no further additions, is going to get us through next season - then it's going to be one hell of a slog against relegation.

All this whilst the likes of Motherwell have just made their third new signing.

Hoping for more info from the club soon.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Renewed season ticket today, but gravely concerned by the news coming from ER about these cuts etc.

If we think a side potentially minus Boyle, Kamberi, McNulty, Omeonga, Docherty, Naismith and no further additions, is going to get us through next season - then it's going to be one hell of a slog against relegation.

I wouldn't expect to hear much from the club if they have entered consultation with some people regarding redundancies

hulk
16-06-2020, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6206287]No tweets for a couple of days?

They just tweeted a minute ago. Certainly could have said more - even just saying 100% of all cash goes to the team

💚 | During these hard times it is more important than ever to support our club financially in any way that we can.

Hibernian Supporters are urging all fans to get on board to steer our great club into next season and beyond.

👉 hiberniansupporters.co.uk

#ClubTogether

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 12:02 PM

You log onto FOH page and straight away there is a running total of amount pledged.

I know it must be frustrating as lots of time and energy has gone into HSL / Hibernian Supporters but even at this time in need a rebrand and proper support from the club would give it a serious boost.

Don’t need to reinvent the wheel but folk need to realise that it’s no where near hitting the potential it should be and won’t do that in its current format.
Green castle the basics are the club is in dire straits and HSL is one important way to help the club. Save the talk for rebrands till the crisis is over

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 12:04 PM

One of the things FOH does well is their pitch ceremonies. Once you get to a certain level of donations you are invited along to Tynecastle where you get a wee buffet and get to meet Gary Mackay and all that stuff. You then get a wee certificate showing you own a bit of the pitch (you don’t) and get your picture taken etc. It’s totally meaningless, costs almost nothing to do but it means a lot to FOH members. The club does this once a month. It keeps people interested in FOH and keeps donations coming in.

GreenCastle
16-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Green castle the basics are the club is in dire straits and HSL is one important way to help the club. Save the talk for rebrands till the crisis is over

Just trying to help.

Hopefully feedback can be taken on board.

I appreciate those who have done so much so far.

Good to see a new message on twitter and hopefully more info regularly.

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 12:05 PM

Who said there would be no additions? On the contrary, the club said all resources will be focused on the first team.

“We must now focus our limited resources on our core business – and that is supporting our first team to deliver success on the pitch.”

hulk
16-06-2020, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6206287]No tweets for a couple of days?

They just tweeted a minute ago. Certainly could have said more - even just saying 100% of all cash goes to the team

💚 | During these hard times it is more important than ever to support our club financially in any way that we can.

Hibernian Supporters are urging all fans to get on board to steer our great club into next season and beyond.

👉 hiberniansupporters.co.uk

#ClubTogether

They have a few tweets up now and starting to acknowledge what is needed 👍 Over to the fans now

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 12:06 PM

Bringing some proper marketing to HSL is not new talk. People have been saying it for years. Without it, it will just carry on as it is. When Hearts were in admin, FOH marketed itself aggressively. Without it, any enterprise is doomed.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 12:07 PM
I tweeted the regular podcasts Longbangers and Hibstalk (hope they don't mind me discussing this) I asked if there was a platform for them to have HSL on their show, they both have said they would be willing to do so. HSL have since tweeted back

This can happen. We would be absolutely delighted to come on. Just drop an email to us and we'll make it happen.
info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Glory Glory 💚

Hopefully looking like they are willing to engage

Peevemor
16-06-2020, 12:09 PM
One of the things FOH does well is their pitch ceremonies. Once you get to a certain level of donations you are invited along to Tynecastle where you get a wee buffet and get to meet Gary Mackay and all that stuff. You then get a wee certificate showing you own a bit of the pitch (you don’t) and get your picture taken etc. It’s totally meaningless, costs almost nothing to do but it means a lot to FOH members. The club does this once a month. It keeps people interested in FOH and keeps donations coming in.

Do you honestly think Hibs fans will be interested in meeting Gary Mackay?

And we already own the city so a square inch of Tynie tirf won't make any difference.

(:wink:)

James Stephen
16-06-2020, 12:12 PM
I tweeted the regular podcasts Longbangers and Hibstalk (hope they don't mind me discussing this) I asked if there was a platform for them to have HSL on their show, they both have said they would be willing to do so. HSL have since tweeted back

This can happen. We would be absolutely delighted to come on. Just drop an email to us and we'll make it happen.

Glory Glory 💚

Well done with that - very constructive, hopefully gets a bit of interest going.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Bringing some proper marketing to HSL is not new talk. People have been saying it for years. Without it, it will just carry on as it is. When Hearts were in admin, FOH marketed itself aggressively. Without it, any enterprise is doomed.

I know I feel like a stuck gramaphone needle but the situation is way beyond that. We urgently need people to come on board if they can even just for a couple of quid a month if they can afford it as the situation is dire surely you can see that Oz

Chorley Hibee
16-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Who said there would be no additions? On the contrary, the club said all resources will be focused on the first team.

“We must now focus our limited resources on our core business – and that is supporting our first team to deliver success on the pitch.”

Signing new additions, whilst trying to sell wage cuts to existing players, won't look good to the current members of the side.

It certainly wouldn't rest well with me.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Do you honestly think Hibs fans will be interested in meeting Gary Mackay?

And we already own the city so a square inch of Tynie tirf won't make any difference.

(:wink:)

He presented me with my medal when we won the league at under 12 or 13. Little did either of us know then that it would be the last medal he saw.[emoji23]

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 12:16 PM
Signing new additions, whilst trying to sell wage cuts to existing players, won't look good to the current members of the side.

It certainly wouldn't rest well with me.

Seemed to rest ok with the squad in the summer of 2014 when we implemented wage cuts following our relegation then signed David Gray, Scott Allan, El Alagui, Malonga and Fontaine.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2020, 12:17 PM
I know I feel like a stuck gramaphone needle but the situation is way beyond that. We urgently need people to come on board if they can even just for a couple of quid a month if they can afford it as the situation is dire surely you can see that Oz

That’s why I’m talking about it. This is the crisis that many cite for the success of FOH. If we don’t make HSL work now, it never will and we can strike ‘Hearts fans had to because they were skint’ from the list of our excuses.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 12:19 PM
That’s why I’m talking about it. This is the crisis that many cite for the success of FOH. If we don’t make HSL work now, it never will and we can strike ‘Hearts fans had to because they were skint’ from the list of our excuses.

I agree Oz but too many still prevaricating the tweets seem to be well received on the bounce with Power supporting them

Chorley Hibee
16-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Seemed to rest ok with the squad in the summer of 2014 when we implemented wage cuts following our relegation then signed David Gray, Scott Allan, El Alagui, Malonga and Fontaine.

I don't think that's a fair comparison, especially as that was on the back of a year of failure.

These are cuts implemented through no fault of the players involved.

I guess we'll just have to see what the coming weeks bring, but I remain doubtful we'll see any new additions - certainly before the first game of the season.

BroxburnHibee
16-06-2020, 12:29 PM
https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/1272864949149278211?s=19

Gerard
16-06-2020, 12:29 PM
The club deserves credit for its honesty regarding the financial position of Hibs FC. The club has to live within its means as the consequences of not doing so is potentially going bankrupt.

HS has a potentially important part to play in helping our club survive and prosper in this period of financial upheaval.

HS was setup to buy shares in Hibs. This is now not possible and the members need to decide what HS' purpose is now.
If the members want HS to just be a means to donate to the club and receive nothing in return then that is the democratic will of HS' members.

At the last Hibs AGM it was suggested that HS should have one director in the Hibs board of directors. This is a reasonable and equitable request. HS has 15.4% share holding and is the second largest share holder in Hibs FC.

The club faces major financial challenges and in the spirit of Working Together will require a great deal of money coming from the Fans to ensure that our club survives and prospers.

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 12:35 PM
I don't think that's a fair comparison, especially as that was on the back of a year of failure.

I guess we'll just have to see what the coming weeks bring, but I remain doubtful we'll see any new additions - certainly before the first game of the season.

The wage cuts in both scenarios are a result of significant drops in income.

Garymcl
16-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Totally agree with ozyhibby we must help our club NOW in any shape or form through donating to HSL /HIBS SUPPORTERS or renew/purchase season tickets now that the reconstruction issue has been dealt with let’s concentrate all dialogue talk about to assist our beloved club Ggtth :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
16-06-2020, 12:58 PM

Definitely be players in but obviously some will leave also. There are huge amount of players available so not a bad time to be able to get good deal imo.

Unseen work
16-06-2020, 01:03 PM
It truly is crazy how quickly things can change, at the start of the year we brought in McNulty, Omeonga, Docherty, McGinn and were close/making attempts to bring in Henderson, Stewart and Nisbet who would all require fee’s.

The plan was then set out by Ron Gordon to massively improve the stadium and other things which seemed to be a massive boost and be a great sign of his intent.

Then Covid-19 hits and we have a massive loss of income but still players and staff to pay, the money then starts to drain out the club.

With Hibernian Supporters (HSL) it provides fans the opportunity to put money directly into the club at whatever they can afford, whether it’s a one off payment or monthly subscription. How often do you spend £10 over the course of a month on junk you don’t really need? A chocolate bar, crisps etc that then adds up, i know I do it a lot.

Everyone will be in their own and very different financial situation however now is the time for us as fans to dig really deep and keep donating to the club to give everyone a massive boost, we have already done this by showing incredible support by selling 8.5k season tickets.

Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hearts have shown how much money/fans contribution can help the team. Let’s really kick on now.

Please give what you can:flag:

matty_f
16-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Glory Glory 💚

Believe it or not we'd actually been discussing getting HS on to this week's recording just before I saw your tweet, I've ashtray reached out to Jim Aidie, do hopefully he's available to come on.

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Believe it or not we'd actually been discussing getting HS on to this week's recording just before I saw your tweet, I've ashtray reached out to Jim Aidie, do hopefully he's available to come on.

I absolutely beleive it, and defo not trying to take credit, it's you guys who have the platform and put all the work into the podcasts, im just happy they are reaching out to you and are willing to go on air with you guys. Thanks for the podcasts I find them most enjoyable

Andy74
16-06-2020, 01:11 PM
I wonder if HSL would be better served allowing all options for a monthly payment or if this leads to additional complexity and cost.

The set options and an upper limit of £30 may be limiting them somewhat? There’s a lot of ground between £18.75 per month and £30 per month.

The 90+2
16-06-2020, 01:11 PM

Alright Sean Connery 😂😂

BT58
16-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Ive just had an email from HSL saying ive cancelled my subs, ive not, i increased my payments, i thought that it would be added to my subs but obv not, if theres anyone from HSL on here can they have a look please.
B

Tom Hart RIP
16-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Ive just had an email from HSL saying ive cancelled my subs, ive not, i increased my payments, i thought that it would be added to my subs but obv not, if theres anyone from HSL on here can they have a look please.
B

Same happened to me but I also got another email telling me that I had opened another direct debit.

Garymcl
16-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Just had a text from from one hibby mate saying he’s signing up to HSL for the first time as he cannot go to a lot of games as he works most weekends so season ticket is non starter for him but he can afford about 30 plus quid a month to the club he feels the timing is right and contributing in some way to the club he loves :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Did you chuck said ashtray at him? :greengrin

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 01:52 PM
I wonder if HSL would be better served allowing all options for a monthly payment or if this leads to additional complexity and cost.

The set options and an upper limit of £30 may be limiting them somewhat? There’s a lot of ground between £18.75 per month and £30 per month.

On the sign up page there should be the option to start a direct debit for amounts between £7.75 a month and £30 a month.

Once you sign up there’s an option in the ‘‘My account” section of the website to change donations to monthly amounts from £7.75 - £100 in £5 increments.

Andy74
16-06-2020, 01:55 PM
On the sign up page there should be the option to start a direct debit for amounts between £7.75 a month and £30 a month.

Once you sign up there’s an option in the ‘‘My account” section of the website to change donations to monthly amounts from £7.75 - £100 in £5 increments.

Cheers. May help them to make that clear or they could be missing out.

BT58
16-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Same happened to me but I also got another email telling me that I had opened another direct debit.

Yip. Got another email, but stating that im paying less than i was, i wanted to increase it not decrease it
B

my left peg
16-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Just bought my happy hibby ticket for the weekend,only twenty six sold so far,think there was less than three hundred sold last week.
That’s an easy way to raise a four figure sum each week,if everyone contributes,plus some one walks away with a big wedge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tambo
16-06-2020, 02:07 PM
I have so many outgoings a week but I am going to sign up for the £18.75 a month when I get paid Friday, not a lot but hope it helps.

Blaster
16-06-2020, 02:09 PM
That’s me just restarted at £10 per month. Not a lot but something

Garymcl
16-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Well done guys I’m sure even in this current climate vast majority of hibbys can afford to do this I honestly don’t miss my small monthly donation to my club just genuinely want to help out let’s really kick on from this :thumbsup:

Unseen work
16-06-2020, 02:45 PM
Brilliant effort guys.

Please done underestimate the £10 yous are contributing each month, collectively if we all chip in it will make a big difference!

Every little helps.

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Brilliant effort guys.

Please done underestimate the £10 yous are contributing each month, collectively if we all chip in it will make a big difference!

Every little helps.
You are right unseen work every amount helps

HendoDelivered
16-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Lets keep it going. If you can afford it, do it!

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 02:58 PM
Lets keep it going. If you can afford it, do it!
Here here

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 03:01 PM
Here here

Happy Hibee tickets 65 & 66 bought.

Can we get to a 1000 by the weekend??

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that any amount given to HS(say £20 for argument`s sake) would go direct to the club? How much would the club receive if you spent £20 in the shop - surely you would lose some to overheads and trying to make a profit on goods sold?

7heaven
16-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Just increased my HS donation.
Come on Hibees.

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that any amount given to HS(say £20 for argument`s sake) would go direct to the club? How much would the club receive if you spent £20 in the shop - surely you would lose some to overheads and trying to make a profit on goods sold?

HS is the best way to support hibs and 100% of funds
Go to the club.

It's really simple to join and you can do for a couple
Of pounds a week.

I give them the money I used to spend on a daily paper.

And it does make you feel good, especially given
That the Mrs doesn't know. 🙄💚

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2020, 03:20 PM

Last I looked, the shop was outsourced, so there would only be a % of that going to the Club.

There were plans, IIRC, to bring it in-house. Whether that has happened, I don't know. If they have, you'd still be looking at small percentage of the £20 going to the Club. Maybe 30%?

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Last I looked, the shop was outsourced, so there would only be a % of that going to the Club.

There were plans, IIRC, to bring it in-house. Whether that has happened, I don't know. If they have, you'd still be looking at small percentage of the £20 going to the Club. Maybe 30%?
Not brought back inhouse yet CWG definitely more helpful to the club to donate to hsl

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 03:45 PM
OK - think I`ve signed up for the monthly £18.75 option but it`s not due to come off for at least another week so I made a one-off payment of £100. I just hope that wasnt a DD lol

04Sauzee
16-06-2020, 03:52 PM
OK - think I`ve signed up for the monthly £18.75 option but it`s not due to come off for at least another week so I made a one-off payment of £100. I just hope that wasnt a DD lol
Class well done

my left peg
16-06-2020, 04:04 PM
OK - think I`ve signed up for the monthly £18.75 option but it`s not due to come off for at least another week so I made a one-off payment of £100. I just hope that wasnt a DD lolThat's brilliant...good man

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Would be nice if HSL done a weekly update regarding donations and new members.

Would cause interest and drive it forward.

Is it 1200 members HSL have??

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Just doing my little bit. Don`t know if this is worth making it a "sticky" thread or whatever you call them so people see it when they log in

Also, it`s not really apparent on the club website either, just a box with "1875 Hibernian Supporters" but no indication as to what it is - I think the club need to be more pro-active, given yesterdays news

weecounty hibby
16-06-2020, 04:13 PM

Yeah it would be good to see how HSL is doing and get it in the press, social media etc if it's positive news. We need to push this more

BroxburnHibee
16-06-2020, 04:15 PM
Just doing my little bit. Don`t know if this is worth making it a "sticky" thread or whatever you call them so people see it when they log in

Also, it`s not really apparent on the club website either, just a box with "1875 Hibernian Supporters" but no indication as to what it is - I think the club need to be more pro-active, given yesterdays news

The admin team is about to post up something on this soon. :aok:

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Yeah it would be good to see how HSL is doing and get it in the press, social media etc if it's positive news. We need to push this more

Got to be loads of people on here, have the skills to help modernise and publicise Hibernian Supporters association much better
Is LD still a Director?

Gerard
16-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Got to be loads of people on here, have the skills to help modernise and publicise Hibernian Supporters association much better
Is LD still a Director?

LD is still a director:wink:

nomad
16-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Happy Hibee tickets 65 & 66 bought.

Can we get to a 1000 by the weekend??

77 and 78 bought

madhatter
16-06-2020, 04:27 PM
77 and 78 bought

Bought 5 tickets, first time doing so.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2020, 04:28 PM
LD is still a director:wink:

If this is the case, can’t believe she hasn’t increased the profile of this

Bishop Hibee
16-06-2020, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know when sponsorship of players jerseys, boots etc starts up for season 20/21?

ac1
16-06-2020, 04:36 PM
just started my £10 a month again :aok:

Widhibs
16-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Tenner started.

Pagan Hibernia
16-06-2020, 04:40 PM

I thought it was double that at 2400

Gerard
16-06-2020, 04:42 PM
I also thought that this was the number. Perhaps Jim can clarify?:wink:

matty_f
16-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Absolutely brilliant to see folk again doing great things to support the club, and seeing the donations starting up again is magic.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 04:44 PM
If this is the case, can’t believe she hasn’t increased the profile of this

Not trying to be awkward but I think it is because we have a wealthy owner. If a profile increase was going to be successful I think it would have to be something along the lines of Ron Gordon will put in x% of what you manage to raise via HibsSupporters/HSL.

Things may change now for obvious reasons but I genuinely think club had largely given up on HSL. They were delighted to get the money from the subscribed doners but viewed it as too difficult/not worthy of time investment to whip up more interest. In fairness, the amount of Ponzi scheme etc. stuff that was flying around was simply ridiculous. Trying to ask people who intrinsically have a mistrust towards the board and owners to donate money while Ponzi scheme is flying all over the place is just pointless and doomed for failure. Hibs need to learn to control narrative a bit more - that means social media presence as well as controlling media access to the club - be more open with trusted reporters etc. Reporters regularly run with shocking stories about Hibs, less bothered about positive stories.

I'm not on the "Fake news" side of things but reporters and pundits seem to have license to twist truth to suit agendas. Reporting facts has turned into reporting dramas. Quite sad from a civilised grown-ups perspective - not sure if certain TV programmes have degraded society to this point...

JDT
16-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Just resubscribed to HSL this morning. Can only afford £7.73 but if everyone who could gave that we'd be in a much better position. Big well done to all who have contributed so far!

Andy74
16-06-2020, 04:47 PM
I don't quite recall why I ever stopped, perhaps when I reached the membership, but have restarted again today.

madhatter
16-06-2020, 04:49 PM
:not worth too all those doing what they can. Not great circumstances but brilliant to see everyone trying to pull together, I'm genuinely proud.

B.H.F.C
16-06-2020, 04:52 PM
As someone mentioned above, it would be good if they could put something out this week about how many new contributors have signed up etc. There seems to be quite a number of folk doing so, they need to jump on that and try to build a bit momentum.

CapitalGreen
16-06-2020, 04:54 PM
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 a few posters on here have done more marketing for HSL than they have done themselves in about 6 months.

berwickhibee
16-06-2020, 04:56 PM
This is magic, let's keep it going.

Proud to be a hibee💚

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-06-2020, 04:57 PM
I've been donating for 2 years now but it's superb seeing more people signing up.

:hibees

hibbydad
16-06-2020, 04:57 PM
This is magic, let's keep it going.

Proud to be a hibee💚
Yes lets keep it going we can show these jambos that we can support our team too

Juice-Terry
16-06-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm trying to increase my contribution to HS but it doesn't seem to work. I can only hope the site has crashed because of all the people wanting to donate.... :flag:

Robbo6-2
16-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Gonna increase mines as well

Potty78
16-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Gonna have to make a monthly donation too. I wonder if we could push through using murrayfield so we could get fans in when the season starts? Surely the club must be looking at this��

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to increase my contribution to HS but it doesn't seem to work. I can only hope the site has crashed because of all the people wanting to donate.... :flag:

There have been a few issues with GoCardless this week, Jim has been in touch with them to try and resolve as quickly as possible. If the issue persists drop him an email on info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

May21/05/16
16-06-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm a full member and caried
On paying the same monthly payments but after yesterday's statement I'm in the public service sector so my job is secure and I have just doubled my monthly payments so if people can afford to pay the minimum pledge then great

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

dazzhfc
16-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Just signed up 🇳🇬🇳🇬💚

tamig
16-06-2020, 05:55 PM
I’ve never stopped my monthly conts to HSL but just made an additional lump sum donation now. Hopefully many others can follow if they’re in a position to do so.

brog
16-06-2020, 06:03 PM
I’ve never stopped my monthly conts to HSL but just made an additional lump sum donation now. Hopefully many others can follow if they’re in a position to do so.

I'm pretty much the same. Will increase mine tomorrow. Well done to all, lets hope it takes off.

Irish_Steve
16-06-2020, 06:09 PM
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 a few posters on here have done more marketing for HSL than they have done themselves in about 6 months.

I emailed the Club about the whole marketing side of HSL. As pointed out on the other thread, I was vaguely aware of them but no idea what they did!

BT58
16-06-2020, 06:21 PM
I had a problem earlier when i tried to increase my subs and they cancelled my original sub, ive now amended to a higher figure, ive sent them several emails but no reply yet
B

hibeg
16-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Paid up member as well and going to double my monthly subscription. It’s at times like these when fans step up.
Would be good to hear something from Hibs to encourage this.

wallpaperman
16-06-2020, 06:44 PM

I thought it was around 2400 as well, and if that’s the case, with the minimum payment being around £90 a year (£7.73 a month) with many paying a bit more, there must easily be £200,000 going to the club now each year, minimum.

It’s great to see so many people starting/restarting/increasing, very positive.

A Hi-Bee
16-06-2020, 06:53 PM
I thought it was around 2400 as well, and if that’s the case, with the minimum payment being around £90 a year (£7.73 a month) with many paying a bit more, there must easily be £200,000 going to the club now each year, minimum.

Perhaps more like a bit closer to 2,000 but lets try and get that to 2,500 Hibs Supporters. (only if you can afford it)
:flag::flag::flag:

Eyrie
16-06-2020, 06:56 PM

I suspect the 2400 is the total number of people who have paid in, and not the number who are currently paying every month.

Some will have stopped contributing because they'd reached the £225 required to be a member, some because HSL could no longer purchase shares from the club and others because of a change in their financial circumstances or priorities.

Stuarty1875
16-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Signed up today for £10 a month :flag:

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 07:23 PM
This and the HSL thread are moving in the same direction. Merge?

my left peg
16-06-2020, 07:26 PM
77 and 78 boughtUp to 115 now on the happy hibby, bought it for my wife!

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

GloriousHibs
16-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Renewed earlier today, another £500 to the coffers from my laddie & I.

Going to sign up for HSL tomorrow

Forever and ever

bingo70
16-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Regardless of marketing, I don’t understand how they can still be advertising the goal is to buy shares, apart from the inaccuracy of it is it not very misleading still advertising that?

Volunteers or not I find it very poor that is still one of the main points on the website, that’s not a technical job to update that I assume?

Right, that’s me got my negativity of it out the road I’ll need to go and get my DD set up, do you get to choose the day it comes out your bank account? I like all my direct debits coming out on the 1st, should I wait Until I’m around 10 days before then to make sure it comes out then?

Kato
16-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Not trying to be awkward but I think it is because we have a wealthy owner. If a profile increase was going to be successful I think it would have to be something along the lines of Ron Gordon will put in x% of what you manage to raise via HibsSupporters/HSL.

Things may change now for obvious reasons but I genuinely think club had largely given up on HSL. They were delighted to get the money from the subscribed doners but viewed it as too difficult/not worthy of time investment to whip up more interest. In fairness, the amount of Ponzi scheme etc. stuff that was flying around was simply ridiculous. Trying to ask people who intrinsically have a mistrust towards the board and owners to donate money while Ponzi scheme is flying all over the place is just pointless and doomed for failure. Hibs need to learn to control narrative a bit more - that means social media presence as well as controlling media access to the club - be more open with trusted reporters etc. Reporters regularly run with shocking stories about Hibs, less bothered about positive stories.

I'm not on the "Fake news" side of things but reporters and pundits seem to have license to twist truth to suit agendas. Reporting facts has turned into reporting dramas. Quite sad from a civilised grown-ups perspective - not sure if certain TV programmes have degraded society to this point...So no point in asking the EEN for coverage for a start. There editorial stance on HSL was a disgrace from day one.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Blaster
16-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Regardless of marketing, I don’t understand how they can still be advertising the goal is to buy shares, apart from the inaccuracy of it is it not very misleading still advertising that?

Volunteers or not I find it very poor that is still one of the main points on the website, that’s not a technical job to update that I assume?

Right, that’s me got my negativity of it out the road I’ll need to go and get my DD set up, do you get to choose the day it comes out your bank account? I like all my direct debits coming out on the 1st, should I wait Until I’m around 10 days before then to make sure it comes out then?

When I did it today, it said the 22nd which is 4 working days 👍

Daniel 1875
16-06-2020, 07:39 PM

Hi Bingo, the website text has been reviewed and will be updated in the coming days to make clear the current situation.

Re payments it's probably easiest to log on 3 or 4 days before the date you'd like payment to be taken otherwise you may need to contact GoCardless in order to change the payment date. Hope this helps.

Iggy Pope
16-06-2020, 07:40 PM
I suspect the 2400 is the total number of people who have paid in, and not the number who are currently paying every month.

Some will have stopped contributing because they'd reached the £225 required to be a member, some because HSL could no longer purchase shares from the club and others because of a change in their financial circumstances or priorities.

And some maybe stopped once they got their name on the 3rd kit? Needs a wee spark to get those that can contributing what they can regularly.

Robbo6-2
16-06-2020, 07:42 PM
Am struggling to increase monthy donation, the website must be made easier to give cash

bingo70
16-06-2020, 07:42 PM
Hi Bingo, the website text has been reviewed and will be updated in the coming days to make clear the current situation.

Re payments it's probably easiest to log on 3 or 4 days before the date you'd like payment to be taken otherwise you may need to contact GoCardless in order to change the payment date. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate.

Apologies for the moan, I know now isn’t the time for negativity but it’s been annoying me and I had to get it off my chest.

Wheat Hound
16-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Just started a monthly donation for the first time. GGTTH

Greenworld
16-06-2020, 07:59 PM
[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] a few posters on here have done more marketing for HSL than they have done themselves in about 6 months.Ive been sitting sharing HSL to any tweets - facebook hibs related comments i see it quick and easy . There must be way of doing something like that automatically for web geniuses

HibbyAndy
16-06-2020, 08:00 PM
**** it im in too !

Cheshire Hibby
16-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Proud paid up HSL member and monthly contributor albeit at only £10. As I am in the fortunate position to be able to do so, today I bought a season ticket in the East Stand as my further way of supporting the club - a new ST holder.

To Darwen Hibby and Ringothedog - see you at ER next season hopefully. First pints on you both.

Really good to see others supporting the club in so many ways, including joining HSL now or renewing memberships or increasing contributions and helping HSL grow and in so doing, provide more cash support to our club.

There is a healthy discussion on this thread and others about the lack of marketing or club backed support for HSL and all of it valid in its own way. The inaccuracies / lack of regular updates on the HSL website disappointingly demonstrates this thoroughly.

HSL state that since they can no longer acquire shares, they are ensuring 100% of donations now go to the club. That leaves no cash for marketing and Jim Adie seems to be the only one trying to keep it growing and responding to members queries. Quite time consuming no doubt and it's not for him alone to fund the website admin costs.

Jim needs help. Leeann is an HSL Director and I assume helps to ensure correct governance. I, as a member would welcome her doing more, especially now, and lending the marketing expertise of the club to promote HSL more strongly. The website for one, together with other social media platforms should be priority for upgrades and regular updates.

I have in the past been critical of HSL administration and lack of communication but I want to see them succeed. Get this sorted and I believe that we have the potential to match FOH in every way.

Please consider Joining HSL and assisting Jim and the other members to provide additional cash (only if you are able) to the club so that the impact of this crisis is mitigated as much as it can be.

We are all Hibs.

GGTTH

Vault Boy
16-06-2020, 08:03 PM
I'll be bumping up my contribution ASAP too. Let's keep this momentum building. 👏

Greenworld
16-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Proud paid up HSL member and monthly contributor albeit at only £10. As I am in the fortunate position to be able to do so, today I bought a season ticket in the East Stand as my further way of supporting the club - a new ST holder.

To Darwen Hibby and Ringothedog - see you at ER next season hopefully. First pints on you both.

Really good to see others supporting the club in so many ways, including joining HSL now or renewing memberships or increasing contributions and helping HSL grow and in so doing, provide more cash support to our club.

There is a healthy discussion on this thread and others about the lack of marketing or club backed support for HSL and all of it valid in its own way. The inaccuracies / lack of regular updates on the HSL website disappointingly demonstrates this thoroughly.

HSL state that since they can no longer acquire shares, they are ensuring 100% of donations now go to the club. That leaves no cash for marketing and Jim Adie seems to be the only one trying to keep it growing and responding to members queries. Quite time consuming no doubt and it's not for him alone to fund the website admin costs.

Jim needs help. Leeann is an HSL Director and I assume helps to ensure correct governance. I, as a member would welcome her doing more, especially now, and lending the marketing expertise of the club to promote HSL more strongly. The website for one, together with other social media platforms should be priority for upgrades and regular updates.

I have in the past been critical of HSL administration and lack of communication but I want to see them succeed. Get this sorted and I believe that we have the potential to match FOH in every way.

Please consider Joining HSL and assisting Jim and the other members to provide additional cash (only if you are able) to the club so that the impact of this crisis is mitigated as much as it can be.

We are all Hibs.

GGTTHGreat post

Since452
16-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Hear Hear. We rallied around our club when they needed us most and we can do it again.

berwickhibee
18-06-2020, 01:45 PM
What a joy the last 2 days have been, watching everybody pull together in their own way. We support a very special football club. 💚⚽

A Hi-Bee
18-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Brilliant support and now is the time to really grow this membership to help our club.
Imagine the good that we could do if we got to 5,000 members and it kept growing.

:thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
18-06-2020, 03:01 PM
Just doubled my monthly HSL Payment :hibees

Greenworld
18-06-2020, 10:32 PM
Just listened in to a podcast with Jim Aidie and after listening i can understand the lack of drive within Hibsupporters.
Jim it seems is a one man band of late and without being cheeky he is not a salesman .
what was fantastic is people have come forward to offer help with there skill set in web sites etc . Wonderful to hear . I really think given the right website , the right social media advertisement , the contributing fans could grow to between 5 and 10 thousand .
10000 fans giving just 10 pounds a month would raise 1.2 million a year imagine the difference that would make .
I personally would stipulate that this is used only to bring in new players and is ringfenced as such for that use.
All good stuff though and great to see fans just getting up and saying we can do more to help .

Time to help

Gerard
18-06-2020, 10:59 PM
Just listened in to a podcast with Jim Aidie and after listening i can understand the lack of drive within Hibsupporters.
Jim it seems is a one man band of late and without being cheeky he is not a salesman .
what was fantastic is people have come forward to offer help with there skill set in web sites etc . Wonderful to hear . I really think given the right website , the right social media advertisement , the contributing fans could grow to between 5 and 10 thousand .
10000 fans giving just 10 pounds a month would raise 1.2 million a year imagine the difference that would make .
I personally would stipulate that this is used only to bring in new players and is ringfenced as such for that use.
All good stuff though and great to see fans just getting up and saying we can do more to help .

Time to help

Jim is one of the directors of HS and takes direction from the shareholders of HS who all hold one share.
At this time of financial meltdown it would not be ethically right to set a financial target and put pressure on people to donate money to HS.
HS had asked for help and I am sure that people who offer help will have that conversation with HS.