PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Semi Final

-Jonesy-
15-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Anyone have any idea when the proposed date for this would be?
Might we be due to play after starting our season and our inferior maroon chums are still sitting on their hands waiting on the championship to kick off??

hibbyfraelibby
15-06-2020, 12:57 PM
We are getting a bye into the final as according to Keekboak they are boycotting the cup

Pretty Boy
15-06-2020, 01:13 PM
We are getting a bye into the final as according to Keekboak they are boycotting the cup

For a club that revelled in out SC failures over the years they really have done their bit to help us win the thing in recent years.

15-06-2020, 01:17 PM
For a club that revelled in out SC failures over the years they really have done their bit to help us win the thing in recent years.

They don’t care half as much about it now that we’ve won it. All about the hibees as usual for that shower.

Aldo
15-06-2020, 01:20 PM

They might get kicked out never mind boycotting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
15-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Play it and destroy them. I want the knife twisted further

hfc rd
15-06-2020, 01:24 PM
I presume if the game was to go ahead, would it be played at Murrayfield?

Keith_M
15-06-2020, 02:17 PM
I presume if the game was to go ahead, would it be played at Murrayfield?

Rod Petrie said we've to play it at Easter Road, seeing as the Hearts Fans will be boycotting it anyway.

Hibeesmad
15-06-2020, 04:02 PM
I think we will hear more about this once the league fixtures are released within the next two weeks. When is Sturgeon due to review things?

my left peg
15-06-2020, 04:04 PM
I think we will hear more about this once the league fixtures are released within the next two weeks. When is Sturgeon due to review things?This Thursday

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
15-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Would you bet against this? - Hearts take legal action, get thrown out of the cup as a result and the club they beat in the Quarter Final takes their place in the Semi - and that club would be...??

The Rangers.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Would you bet against this? - Hearts take legal action, get thrown out of the cup as a result and the club they beat in the Quarter Final takes their place in the Semi - and that club would be...??

The Rangers.

Surely it would just be a bye, if they had been found to be cheating in beating Rangers then fair enough but you can’t reinstate a team beaten fairly, surely not?

There would be an asterisx against a Rangers cup win! 😀

Sir David Gray
15-06-2020, 04:26 PM
If it goes ahead I think it will be next year since the SFA want it played at a full stadium.

Logie Green
15-06-2020, 07:02 PM
When we next play hertz it’ll be one of the most poisonous atmospheres ever at a Derby after today’s announcement and the reaction on both sides to it. The polis will have a job keeping us ‘socially distant’ especially if it’s at Murrayfield.

Oranje39
17-06-2020, 12:06 PM
When we next play hertz it’ll be one of the most poisonous atmospheres ever at a Derby after today’s announcement and the reaction on both sides to it. The polis will have a job keeping us ‘socially distant’ especially if it’s at Murrayfield.

Surely it will be played behind closed doors?

Onceinawhile
17-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Surely it will be played behind closed doors?

The sfa want it played in front of crowds. When that happens though is another matter.

davhibby
17-06-2020, 12:45 PM
If it goes ahead I think it will be next year since the SFA want it played at a full stadium.

Maxwell done an interview recently where he said that whilst they wanted to leave it as long as possible to get a crowd in, the cup will probably need to be played before January or it could tricky to fit in. Hopefully they manage to leave it until a time we can get a full house though

Ringothedog
17-06-2020, 12:53 PM

More poisonous than the game after the failed “takeover”? , I very much doubt it

Oranje39
17-06-2020, 03:23 PM
I can't see there being crowds at games this year.

I think when it's safe for the players and other staff, the games should be played in one stadium over one week, possibly Thursday, Friday night with final on the Sunday.

No extra time either, just straight to penalties if the games end in a draw.

Waxy
17-06-2020, 03:25 PM

Can we pick our score please?

Seveno
17-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Whatever the score, this is a game that we must win.

Bristolhibby
17-06-2020, 04:27 PM
Maxwell done an interview recently where he said that whilst they wanted to leave it as long as possible to get a crowd in, the cup will probably need to be played before January or it could tricky to fit in. Hopefully they manage to leave it until a time we can get a full house though

Presume we are ditching the ludicrous “Winter Break”. Normally that fortnight is the mildest weather or the winter!

J

Spike Mandela
17-06-2020, 04:41 PM
The bitterest, most bitter derby ever in the kingdom of Bitter. Sponsored by Boddingtons..:cb

The 90+2
17-06-2020, 04:43 PM
The bitterest, most bitter derby ever in the kingdom of Bitter. Sponsored by Boddingtons..:cb
😁

davhibby
17-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Presume we are ditching the ludicrous “Winter Break”. Normally that fortnight is the mildest weather or the winter!

J

You’d think we will, no doubt it’ll be 2 weeks of non stop snow this year

Sammy7nil
17-06-2020, 05:31 PM

More poisonous than the game after the failed “takeover”? , I very much doubt it

It will be a really family affair :wink:

If crowds are back and 50,000 at Murrayfield it will be chaos i think things are as bad now as the takeover bid and the crowd could be double the normal derby size so every bam who wants one gets a ticket. New Zealand had over 25,000 at the rugby last week so by January who knows where will be.

Springbank
17-06-2020, 05:41 PM
I see hearts have jeopardized their place in the cup semi final by taking the spfl to a civil court, failing to adhere to the rules about only using the CAS.

A bye to the final - just like 2016

Oranje39
17-06-2020, 06:06 PM
It will be a really family affair :wink:

If crowds are back and 50,000 at Murrayfield it will be chaos i think things are as bad now as the takeover bid and the crowd could be double the normal derby size so every bam who wants one gets a ticket. New Zealand had over 25,000 at the rugby last week so by January who knows where will be.

I can't see Scotland or UK as a whole being at that stage, I hope I'm wrong but we can't compare our recovery to New Zealand's. Their response was great, ours was disastrous.

Logie Green
17-06-2020, 06:10 PM

Probably not but that’s why I said ‘one of the most’. 👍

wookie70
17-06-2020, 07:10 PM

Agreed, it won't even be close. We all now Hearts are a bitter, poisonous club without any morals. Can't say it has surprised or bothered me that much to see them lashing out before having to take their fate