PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear the hoops?

Greencore
14-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Another thread got me thinking. Does anyone think that the club will bring out a hoop strip for our 150th anniversary and would you wear it? Would be funny to get it up celtc.

Edit*
Just realised our first kit was white. The hoops came a year later.

Would you wear the hoops for our 151st anniversary 😂

The 90+2
14-06-2020, 07:57 PM
😂😂😂 you on the hot sauce now?

Pagan Hibernia
14-06-2020, 07:57 PM
not a chance.

jacomo
14-06-2020, 07:58 PM
If it’s our strip then yes of course.

We are fully entitled to bring out a hooped jersey and it would be the right occasion to do it.

Logie Green
14-06-2020, 07:59 PM
Great idea, imagine the reaction!
Could ask the players to grow a moustache too. 😜

Greencore
14-06-2020, 08:00 PM
😂😂😂 you on the hot sauce now?
😂😂😂😂😂😂

14-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Was the first kit not white? Well it is on Historical Kits website http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

Greencore
14-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Was the first kit not white? Well it is on Historical Kits website http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

Yep, just corrected this.

H18 SFR
14-06-2020, 09:10 PM
Surely we will go for a white strip for that season?

linlithgowhibbie
14-06-2020, 09:11 PM
No chance I would wear the hoops

Helensburghhibs
14-06-2020, 09:21 PM
Not a hope in hell

Greencore
14-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Not a hoop in hell

Fixed that for you 😂

Pretty Boy
14-06-2020, 09:28 PM
I always get the sense some fans motivation when discussing a hooped strip is to 'wind up Celtic'. Quite why it would do that is the bit I don't quite understand.

MWHIBBIES
14-06-2020, 09:36 PM
I always get the sense some fans motivation when discussing a hooped strip is to 'wind up Celtic'. Quite why it would do that is the bit I don't quite understand.

This. About 1% of people would understand that is was our first kit, rest would laugh at us.

Greencore
14-06-2020, 09:41 PM

Because they think they own the hoops and it would bring them down a peg as we were the first to wear the hoops and first to wear the green. They hate that they were not first.

Only my opinion of course, could be wrong.

The 90+2
14-06-2020, 10:06 PM
Fixed that for you 😂

😁😁

The 90+2
14-06-2020, 10:07 PM
Because they think they own the hoops and it would bring them down a peg as we were the first to wear the hoops and first to wear the green. They hate that they were not first.

Only my opinion of course, could be wrong.

I don’t think they really care tbh. We would be seen wrongly as mini Celtic.

It would work if the first game of the season was at Ibrox mind you followed by a cheeky wee huddle 😉

Hibby70
14-06-2020, 11:01 PM

Wonder if it will come with a belt 😂

Greencore
14-06-2020, 11:55 PM
I don’t think they really care tbh. We would be seen wrongly as mini Celtic.

It would work if the first game of the season was at Ibrox mind you followed by a cheeky wee huddle 😉

Fair point, spot on as always.

FilipinoHibs
15-06-2020, 12:18 AM

The white one looks nice with the badge. Maybe white tracksuit bottoms with a green stripe.

ozwoody
15-06-2020, 12:29 AM
Across here, the NRL have a "Retro round", basically a weekend the teams play in design of bygone years.I think it would be great to see the team in green/white "insave" kit or green/purple kit once a year v motherwell "willie pettigrew" era.

Vini1875
15-06-2020, 12:34 AM
That idea would back fire on us I'm afraid. A wee bit like sleeping with someone, who then married your cousin and remained married for years and years. You may pump her again, but you would know and everyone else know that she is your cousin's wife.

We have long given up hoops and to be honest I can see why, its a pretty ugly style.

NAE NOOKIE
15-06-2020, 01:26 AM
Not much point in a wind up if the only person who gets it is yourself. Like it or not Celtic have made the hoops their own, and welcome to them because the classic Hibs strip is one of the best in world football.

However, I wouldn't mind a white top to commemorate 150 years, just so long as its got green shorts with it :greengrin

spike220
15-06-2020, 06:07 AM
That idea would back fire on us I'm afraid. A wee bit like sleeping with someone, who then married your cousin and remained married for years and years. You may pump her again, but you would know and everyone else know that she is your cousin's wife.

We have long given up hoops and to be honest I can see why, its a pretty ugly style.

So emmm.....so do you have something you need to get off your chest?

LancsHibs
15-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Only if it came with a pair of pantaloons

AndyM_1875
15-06-2020, 08:02 AM
How about stripes like Real Betis?

Frazerbob
15-06-2020, 08:14 AM
that idea would back fire on us i'm afraid. A wee bit like sleeping with someone, who then married your cousin and remained married for years and years. You may pump her again, but you would know and everyone else know that she is your cousin's wife.

We have long given up hoops and to be honest i can see why, its a pretty ugly style.

wtf

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Wtf :faf:

James Stephen
15-06-2020, 08:36 AM
I would have no problem with it per se, and i would quite like us to reclaim some ownership in some ways.

But i think it should be our first strip, which i think was white, and it should have a big gold harp on the left breast, and no sponsor.

I think it would be a huge hit.

Sergy Pie
15-06-2020, 08:44 AM

Interesting site. Aberdeen took a long time to find themselves. Long period searching for their red identity.

weecounty hibby
15-06-2020, 08:45 AM
Why would we wear hoops on our 150th anniversary? It wasn't our first strip. Wear all white as has been said. Hoops are known to be celtics and they can keep them. We can always tell them about their history when the subject comes up

Pete
15-06-2020, 08:56 AM

I see what you did there. I'm definitely envisaging Celtic shirts and caravan sites.

hibbyfraelibby
15-06-2020, 08:58 AM
The white one looks nice with the badge. Maybe white tracksuit bottoms with a green stripe.

Shell Suit Bob is alive and well and living in Manilla😉

Lancs Harp
15-06-2020, 09:35 AM
A few teams across the world have made certain strips synominous with their particular club. Our green with white sleeves being one an Celtic in green and white hoops being another. Celtic actually played in stripes for a couple of decades it wasnt until the turn of the century and a good 20 plus years after we played in hoops (we droped them in 1879) before Celtic adopted them. Infact Rangers played in hoops before Celtic did.

Tomsk
15-06-2020, 09:36 AM
Hoops are for rugby. They never look good on football teams.

Brizo
15-06-2020, 10:15 AM
Not for me.

The 140th anniversary Pat Stanton style top with a gold harp which was available in the club shop proved very popular.

James Stephens idea of our first strip, white top with a gold harp, as the official strip for our 150th anniversary season , sounds good to me.

skankomcphee
15-06-2020, 11:39 AM
I have seen some guy on Facebook selling hooped jerseys with "HFC" on the front, based on a replica of the early Hibs shirt of the same.

Seems to have gone down well with a particular constituency within the Hibs support, but I don't get the "wind up Celtic" argument either.

I do wonder if some of those boys have a "wee thing" for Celtic, even secretly.

Not for me, ta.

skankomcphee
15-06-2020, 11:40 AM
I would have no problem with it per se, and i would quite like us to reclaim some ownership in some ways.

But i think it should be our first strip, which i think was white, and it should have a big gold harp on the left breast, and no sponsor.

I think it would be a huge hit.

This seems to be appropriate to me rather than any fixation on "the hoops".

Diclonius
15-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Absolutely not.

lugz
15-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Plain white top with a retro badge on it for the season would be amazing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2020, 12:12 PM
No matter the ins ans outs and rights and wrongs, I am sure that the marketing guys would say a big fat no.

basehibby
15-06-2020, 04:44 PM
I have to hold my hand up and plead guilty to having once put on a Celtic top, but I have an excuse.

Once upon a time, my Uncle in Bermuda hosted the Lisbon Lions for a Barbecue (longish story) - from which there are some incredible photos of the whole lot of them sitting around his living room pissed as farts - and as a gesture of appreciation, Billy McNeil gifted him his training top. So, being pretty impressed by my Uncle's tale - all backed up with photographic evidence mind - I was moved enough to pose for a photo in McNeil's shirt.

That occasion apart I have never and would never consider wearing a Celtic shirt. BUT - A Hibs strip with hoops would be different and the secret is in those two words - HIBS STRIP. If it was a Hibs strip I would have no hesitation at all in wearing it with pride regardless of the colour scheme.

Future17
15-06-2020, 06:24 PM

wtf

Wtf :faf:

His cousin's wife is ugly...what's so hard to understand? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Yes

Sir David Gray
15-06-2020, 06:49 PM
Absolutely no chance.

15-06-2020, 06:53 PM
I’d rather wear black and white as a congratulations to St Mirren for staying up

Carheenlea
15-06-2020, 06:58 PM
As much as it is a fact that we wore the green and white hooped jersey before Celtic came on the scene, it is a fairly unique shirt that Celtic have long claimed identity of themselves.

Nothing really to be gained by adopting it again ourselves for an anniversary other than petty digs and point scoring.

Eyrie
15-06-2020, 06:58 PM
Bleep that to the thread title.

I love our iconic green body and white sleeves, which is why I loathed the green t-shirt effort a few years ago. But I'd be fully in favour of changing our shirt to an all white one that reflects our very first strip when our 150th season comes up.

But only for that one season :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
15-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Aye a white strip without sponsors name on it

Killiehibbie
15-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I wonder how many cup final shirts we'll be able to bring out before we're 150?

EI255
15-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Just to let them know we wore Hoops before them, YES I WOULD.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk