PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid green kits

Hakim Sar
14-06-2020, 08:51 AM
What is the history of Real Madrid regularly having a green away or third kit?

Is it just a colour that caught on?

erin go bragh
14-06-2020, 01:11 PM
What is the history of Real Madrid regularly having a green away or third kit?

Is it just a colour that caught on?
Rumour has it that they were in awe of our kit under the lights at Easter Road back in the 60s when we gave them a footballing lesson in our 2-0 win 😉

04Sauzee
14-06-2020, 01:13 PM
Rumour has it that they were in awe of our kit under the lights at Easter Road back in the 60s when we gave them a footballing lesson in our 2-0 win 😉

Soon to be a Hibs.Net FACT 😉

BILLYHIBS
14-06-2020, 07:32 PM
My son has had the Real Madrid green top for a few years it looks smart

We can also say that we were first to wear the white because on the day Hibernian were formed 6th August 1875 Father Hannan was elected Manager and Life President of the club. Father Hannan in turn handed over a set of strips white with green trimming and a harp on the breast.

Michael Whelahan was then elected to be first captain of Hibernian Football Club

Real Madrid were formed in 1902 a very good year

penihibs
14-06-2020, 07:43 PM
My son has had the Real Madrid green top for a few years it looks smart

We can also say that we were first to wear the white because on the day Hibernian were formed 6th August 1875 Father Hannan was elected Manager and Life President of the club. Father Hannan in turn handed over a set of strips white with green trimming and a harp on the breast.

Michael Whelahan was then elected to be first captain of Hibernian Football Club

Real Madrid were formed in 1902 a very good year

Would love to have seen that 1875 strip!

SteveHFC
14-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Sure this season’s 3rd kit is £27 on kitbag on the sale.

Greencore
14-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Would love to have seen that 1875 strip!

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

NAE NOOKIE
15-06-2020, 01:32 AM
I couldn't care less if Real Madrid painted the stadium, the fans and all the players green .... bloody sick of seeing Scottish kids running around in bloody Real Madrid and Barcelona strips .... baah humbug !!!

LancsHibs
15-06-2020, 06:49 AM
I couldn't care less if Real Madrid painted the stadium, the fans and all the players green .... bloody sick of seeing Scottish kids running around in bloody Real Madrid and Barcelona strips .... baah humbug !!!

Barcelona Real Madrid, Who ya think yer tryin ta kid

penihibs
15-06-2020, 07:23 AM
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

Thanks for that buddy,never seen this before.

AndyM_1875
15-06-2020, 08:00 AM
For those of you who are interested in the whole Real Madrid/Barcelona el Classico thing I'd recommend Sid Lowe's book "Fear and Loathing in la Liga". It's very good and blows the lid off the lazy cliches that surround football's most fierce rivalty (at least fiercer than Falkirk v Dunfermline).