PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd in Hibs kit - well almost

stalbanshibby
12-06-2020, 11:35 AM
After listening to Dark Side of the Moon the other day (you'll get an idea of which generation I'm in), I went browsing for Floyd stuff on eBay and came across this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PINK-FLOYD-ALBUM-CATALOGUE-1974/114253039380?hash=item1a9a030714:g:hAUAAOSwOzxewsL L

I always thought they all had good taste.

Not exactly classic Hibs green, and I know Waters was a Gooner, but worth a show?

Keith_M
12-06-2020, 11:43 AM
After listening to Dark Side of the Moon the other day (you'll get an idea of which generation I'm in), I went browsing for Floyd stuff on eBay and came across this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PINK-FLOYD-ALBUM-CATALOGUE-1974/114253039380?hash=item1a9a030714:g:hAUAAOSwOzxewsL L

Not exactly classic Hibs green, and I know Waters was a Gooner, but worth a show?

Is it my imagination or is that actually blue?

stalbanshibby
12-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Is it my imagination or is that actually blue?

Yeah - I thought a blueish green. But there's defo green in there I think.

But if you're seeing blue, my post maybe bollocks.

Keith_M
12-06-2020, 11:58 AM

Don't worry mate, my eyes aren't what they used to be

:greengrin

basehibby
12-06-2020, 12:08 PM
Brilliant - the guy in the bottom left is the absolute spit of Des Bremner by the way.

Edit - is it Nick Mason the keys player???

stalbanshibby
12-06-2020, 12:10 PM
Brilliant - the guy in the bottom left is the absolute spit of Des Bremner by the way.

Yep. That's Nick Mason the PF drummer, or maybe Des moonlighting. Centre bottom row is Rick Wright (keys), bottom right is Dave Gilmour (legendary lead guitar) and the goalie is Roger Waters. Don't know who the rest are - probably crew. This is pre photoshop.

Baader
12-06-2020, 12:44 PM
It features as one of the pics on A Nice Pair (a later issued comp of their first two albums, Piper at the Gates and A Saucerful of Secrets.) It's definitely blue on the record sleeve, as I have it here, like an old Everton kit. So one of them has been changed a bit.

Brummie_Hibs
12-06-2020, 12:45 PM
This is pre photoshop.
Aye,and The Beatles managed to get everybody to come to their Sgt Peppers photoshoot.

tynehibs
12-06-2020, 12:45 PM
Tony Higgins, back row on the right ?

stalbanshibby
12-06-2020, 12:54 PM
It features as one of the pics on A Nice Pair (a later issued comp of their first two albums, Piper at the Gates and A Saucerful of Secrets.) It's definitely blue on the record sleeve, as I have it here, like an old Everton kit. So one of them has been changed a bit.

****. Maybe it's just bad quality printing since it's a photo from a mag?? Ah well......

Baader
12-06-2020, 01:46 PM
****. Maybe it's just bad quality printing since it's a photo from a mag?? Ah well......

Green and white version is better, obviously!!

Inconsequential
12-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Definitely blue! I have or did have a similar picture which came with an LP or something like that. In black and white it's definitely green though.:wink: Oops I see Baader has sussed it...

stalbanshibby
12-06-2020, 02:24 PM
Green and white version is better, obviously!!

Obvs. Not having the original - it was an honest mistake to make and massive wishful thinking my part.

It would be too much - fav band in Hibs kit.

Iggy Pope
12-06-2020, 09:11 PM

If you had the Pistols’ Paul Cook in his splendid “I Hate Pink Floyd” shirt with maybe a subtle “**** the Hearts “ added in there then my generation would buy it.... :greengrin

Lancs Harp
12-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Dont know if any of the band members of Pink Floyd had a connection to Sheffield but Sheffield Wednesday played in that kit between 1965 and 1972.

kaimendhibs
13-06-2020, 01:45 AM
Looks blue to me. But, my eyesight is rotten

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
13-06-2020, 02:20 AM

A lot of is down to the drugs we took during those halcyon days😎

houstonhibbee
13-06-2020, 03:00 AM

Pink Floyd and Hibs
my favorite combo
love it 😍

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Aye,and The Beatles managed to get everybody to come to their Sgt Peppers photoshoot.

That was a Peter Blake collage, pretty sure he didn’t use PS.

Peevemor
13-06-2020, 08:17 AM
That was a Peter Blake collage, pretty sure he didn’t use PS.

Collage from "colle", French for glue. That's when cut & paste meant literally that.

tomhorn
14-06-2020, 10:12 AM
The picture here is Pink Floyd FC.

The band and crew would play against other touring bands when they were in the same city at the same time or just local football teams. The band were partial to a kick about and this relieved the boredom on tour and helped keep them fit. Contrary to popular belief, the band were not huge drug connoisseurs beyond the 1960s and liked to keep active and fit between shows.

Great picture. Looks like the 1970s summed up .