PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV -Sky/Virgin

EK-HIBEE
10-06-2020, 07:40 PM
With the increased demand on Hibs TV is it at all likely that our games could be shown on Sky or Virgin media. Perhaps we could share a TV channel with several other Scottish clubs. It would be great to avoid streaming games on a laptop.

H18 SFR
10-06-2020, 07:44 PM
I remember this kind of suggestion a few years ago and the cost then was prohibitive.

EK-HIBEE
10-06-2020, 07:46 PM
I remember this kind of suggestion a few years ago and the cost then was prohibitive.

I suspected that but considering the vast increase in subscribers and supposed staggered kick off times surely we could reconsider. Even an SPFL channel that allowed ST holders of all clubs to sign in.

04Sauzee
10-06-2020, 07:47 PM
With the increased demand on Hibs TV is it at all likely that our games could be shown on Sky or Virgin media. Perhaps we could share a TV channel with several other Scottish clubs. It would be great to avoid streaming games on a laptop.

When I asked about viewing platforms was advised it's Hibs TV so watch on laptop,phone etc or cast to your TV

EK-HIBEE
10-06-2020, 07:50 PM
When I asked about viewing platforms was advised it's Hibs TV so watch on laptop,phone etc or cast to your TV

It was more for my elderly grandad who is isolating and isn’t tech savvy. He would really struggle to do so but I appreciate the reply!

04Sauzee
10-06-2020, 07:55 PM
It was more for my elderly grandad who is isolating and isn’t tech savvy. He would really struggle to do so but I appreciate the reply!

Either am I 🥴
Not sure if he has Hibs TV and a laptop and a TV with a spare scart socket?

Steven79
10-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Either am I 🥴

You won't be plugging a laptop into a scart socket. :wink:

EK-HIBEE
10-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Either am I 🥴

Yeah he’s got Hibs tv, the cables and TV. it’ll just involve a phone call before each game to get him connected..and a phone call at 70 minutes to ‘help turn this ***** off’.

04Sauzee
10-06-2020, 08:09 PM
You won't be plugging a laptop into a scart socket. :wink:

I know but my point was going to be if he had these 3 things then the cable was the easy bit.

04Sauzee
10-06-2020, 08:09 PM
Yeah he’s got Hibs tv, the cables and TV. it’ll just involve a phone call before each game to get him connected..and a phone call at 70 minutes to ‘help turn this ***** off’.

Not ideal mate I know

RoYO!
10-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Delighted that this opportunity exists for fans of all clubs but I cant help feel a bit concerned that it may fall flat due to bandwidth etc. I've not got good experiences with live games on hibs tv, even with good connections. Amp that up to 10k people watching at once, I'm not sure it will handle it. Would love to be proved wrong clearly! Dont want to come across as ungrateful, but without increased bandwidth this could be a big disappointment for many.

EK-HIBEE
10-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Delighted that this opportunity exists for fans of all clubs but I cant help feel a bit concerned that it may fall flat due to bandwidth etc. I've not got good experiences with live games on hibs tv, even with good connections. Amp that up to 10k people watching at once, I'm not sure it will handle it. Would love to be proved wrong clearly! Dont want to come across as ungrateful, but without increased bandwidth this could be a big disappointment for many.

I suspect the first few games will be a disaster. God only knows what it’ll be like when we play one of the ugly sisters and they descend on Hibs TV in one way or another.

Logie Green
10-06-2020, 10:24 PM
I suspect the first few games will be a disaster. God only knows what it’ll be like when we play one of the ugly sisters and they descend on Hibs TV in one way or another.

This might not be the problem you think it will as their away games will be live on Sky and they’ll get their home games via their club tv channel.

SMAXXA
10-06-2020, 11:54 PM
It will be interest to see if they will be able to block the usual illegal streams you seem to be able to get