PDA

View Full Version : Personal Cardboard Fans for next season.

Coco Bryce
10-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this on here already or in case I missed it.

I saw on the news Brighton are charging fans £20 if they fancy having a cardboard cut-out of themselves in the stadium for the remaining 5 games of the season.

Has this been suggested by anyone at ER. I think it would be a bit of a laugh and a good money spinner?

Lancs Harp
10-06-2020, 01:04 PM

I saw on the news Brighton are charging fans £20 if they fancy having a cardboard cut-out of themselves for the remaining 5 games of the season.

Has this been suggested by anyone at ER. I think it would be a bit of a laugh and a good money spinner?

Good move by Brighton the carboard versions would probably make more noise than their human equivalents. :greengrin

Coco Bryce
10-06-2020, 01:20 PM
Good move by Brighton the carboard versions would probably make more noise than their human equivalents. :greengrin

Man United ones would be plastic :greengrin

Lancs Harp
10-06-2020, 01:23 PM
Man United ones would be plastic :greengrin

The Rangers equivalents would have industirial strength face masks to mitigate obnoxious verbal bile secretions.

CapitalGreen
10-06-2020, 01:26 PM

I saw on the news Brighton are charging fans £20 if they fancy having a cardboard cut-out of themselves for the remaining 5 games of the season.

Really good idea and a great opportunity to finally get a full capacity Famous Five lower.

mayo hibee
10-06-2020, 01:45 PM
This will be the kind of thing that clubs can use to generate funding once the fixtures are confirmed and all the restructuring nonsense is put to bed. Unfortunately at the moment one particular club is preventing all the others from getting on with adapting to the new normal next season. What's worse is the other clubs are allowing this to happen.

KdyHby
10-06-2020, 03:45 PM

I saw on the news Brighton are charging fans £20 if they fancy having a cardboard cut-out of themselves in the stadium for the remaining 5 games of the season.

Leeds charging £25.

Franck Stanton
10-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Hertz have been using them for years.

HoboHarry
10-06-2020, 04:10 PM
The Rangers equivalents would have industirial strength face masks to mitigate obnoxious verbal bile secretions.
Orange as well obviously....

Badabing
10-06-2020, 05:09 PM

If they're going to have crowd noise will it be their usual repetoire?

18Craig75
10-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Wouldn’t work for us being the Greenest Club In Scotland

SChibs
10-06-2020, 05:20 PM

Keep them after this is over and if you cant attend a game contact the club and they can put your cut out at your seat

Forza Fred
11-06-2020, 08:33 AM
Rugby League in Oz has been running with this since they restarted a couple of weeks ago.

However they had to rethink how they confirmed the images provided when it was pointed out to them that one of the cut outs was in fact an image of serial killer Harold Shipman!

Junco Partner
11-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Leeds charging £25.
I have done one for Leeds, wearing my Hibs top :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Man City are only charging £1 as they already had the cardboard cut outs in situ.

Keith_M
11-06-2020, 09:51 AM
Man City are only charging £1 as they already had the cardboard cut outs in situ.

:greengrin

TBF, their owners are actually sponsoring each cardboard cutout to the tune of £1m. When asked about this, the response was F-FFP.

Bishop Hibee
11-06-2020, 10:53 AM
The Hearts cut outs could have two faces.

Speedy
11-06-2020, 11:17 AM

Similar thing had crossed my mind at the last derby display.

dchibs
11-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Similar thing had crossed my mind at the last derby display.

we got in just after KO at the derby and missed the display, has anybody got any pictures of it?

Man Down Under
11-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Hearts are thinking of replacing their players with cardboard cut outs too

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
11-06-2020, 12:31 PM
I heard the hearts fans are still in their seats, they haven't had anything to get them up all season:na na:.

Mick O'Rourke
11-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Since1875 cut outs could have audio like those singing birthday cards.:greengrin

Keith_M
11-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Since1875 cut outs could have audio like those singing birthday cards.:greengrin

We could have some cut-outs that shout, "What are you playing at, Stevenson!", every five minutes. That would add to the authenticity of the atmosphere.

Although, if we want to make it really authentic, they'd have to find some way to make half of the cut-outs disappear with fifteen minutes still to go.

Itsnoteasy
11-06-2020, 01:57 PM
Not a good idea, easily open to abuse.

The NRL Australia suffered at the hands of sadists when cardboard cut outs of Hitler & Harold Shipman were seen in the crowd.

Coco Bryce
11-06-2020, 02:20 PM

The NRL Australia suffered at the hands of sadists when cardboard cut outs of Hitler & Harold Shipman were seen in the crowd.

I would imagine the club would be responsible for erecting these so I really don't think that would happen.

11-06-2020, 02:27 PM

It would be okay if it wasn't the likes of those 2. Could have Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Marilyn Monroe, Donald Trump etc all with Hibs tops photoshopped on. Dotted about in amongst regular Hibs fans would look quite good IMO. Would mean cameramen could capture crowd shots and give them something to zoom in on. They do like to pick out any celebrities.

Should do it for free, a perk of buying a season ticket and you can take it home when we are allowed back into the stadium.

Keith_M
11-06-2020, 03:44 PM

It was only Shipman. The Hitler one was a photoshopped version done by Fox News (apparently as a joke).

I realise your point still stands... I just thought I should clarify, in case anybody got the idea that there really was a cardboard cut-out of Hitler in the stadium

Itsnoteasy
11-06-2020, 08:22 PM
It was only Shipman. The Hitler one was a photoshopped version done by Fox News (apparently as a joke).

I realise your point still stands... I just thought I should clarify, in case anybody got the idea that there really was a cardboard cut-out of Hitler in the stadium

Thanks for clarifying that. Tbf not everyone knows Harold Shipman.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2020, 08:40 PM
It would be okay if it wasn't the likes of those 2. Could have Darth Vader, Bart Simpson, Marilyn Monroe, Donald Trump etc all with Hibs tops photoshopped on. Dotted about in amongst regular Hibs fans would look quite good IMO. Would mean cameramen could capture crowd shots and give them something to zoom in on. They do like to pick out any celebrities.

Should do it for free, a perk of buying a season ticket and you can take it home when we are allowed back into the stadium.

Trump wouldn’t be a Hibby

Keith_M
11-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. Tbf not everyone knows Harold Shipman.

Yeah, I felt it was a bit unfair to have blamed the club, considering.

It does kind of illustrate your point quite well, that people might put forward inappropriate photos without the club realising.

11-06-2020, 09:04 PM
Trump wouldn’t be a Hibby

We can put him in the away end next to Alex Salmond, Duncan Murray and Ronnie Corbett.